Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-23-2006, 04:08 PM   #101
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

According to sportsnet.ca, Pronger wants to be traded. Strachan reported this two days ago but nobody paid attention because, well, it's Strachan.

Should be interesting to see what they do. They could get a boatload for him, and would probably turn around and spend the money from his salary on Wade Redden.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:23 PM   #102
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs
According to sportsnet.ca, Pronger wants to be traded. Strachan reported this two days ago but nobody paid attention because, well, it's Strachan.

Should be interesting to see what they do. They could get a boatload for him, and would probably turn around and spend the money from his salary on Wade Redden.

Woah. I didn't see that comin'. It's hard to imagine that Pronger would want out after Edmonton's run. Does he hate Alberta? Mac-T? Very odd.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:55 PM   #103
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

ditto to what hb said.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:55 PM   #104
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

about Pronger, that is, not the Roy dig earlier.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:29 PM   #105
Travis
Pro Rookie

I'll believe this (re: Pronger) after he has a chance to confirm/deny it. It just seems way too out of left field to be something I'll take seriously until the team and/or player involved states it.

If it is true, I'm very curious to know the reasoning behind it. Edmonton is supposed to have one of the better locker rooms in the league, so I'd venture to guess that the main potential culprits are fan pressure or local weather/city type. I understand that some players are going to like to play in cities with less pressure/better weather, all those types of things, but I really thought/believe that Pronger was the type of guy to thrive on expectation. If it ends up being another case of the wife not liking it here (see: Gretzky, Nedved), I might just end up being sick.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:05 PM   #106
Pyser
Pro Rookie

5 yrs, $18 mil to Brind'Amour. Hes signed til hes 40 now.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:16 PM   #107
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

From eklund's site (not not eklund himself... no idea if this is a quality source or not, never heard of him)

Quote:
Chris Pronger has approached the Edmonton Oilers on more than one occasion this season expressing his desire to be traded at the end of the season.

I will not go into my private conversations with Pronger over the last several months, but I will confirm the rumors to be true.

This is a personal matter with Chris and his family and I will leave it at that at this time.

Pronger signed a five-year deal with the Oilers last summer.

Pronger has a no-trade clause in his contract.

Pronger has left for vacation and I will continue to update this story as it progresses.

There is a lot of false speculation being tossed around with other media outlets. Please be careful to who you are reading and listening to.

Lets just say where there is smoke there is fire.

Pronger has assured me when he is ready to talk publicly I will have the details first.

More to come,

Andy Strickland
Old 06-23-2006, 07:40 PM   #108
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Funny article from Charlotte about the importance of the Hurricanes' win:

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlot...n/14857871.htm
Old 06-23-2006, 08:11 PM   #109
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyser
5 yrs, $18 mil to Brind'Amour. Hes signed til hes 40 now.

and here I was wondering if he was going to retire...
Old 06-23-2006, 08:18 PM   #110
Pyser
Pro Rookie

the moneys right...but i figured 3 yr deal tops.

he was a beast this year though. cant fault the canes.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:47 PM   #111
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Zoinks!

TSN is reporting that Roberto Luongo was just traded to the Vancouver Canucks in a package deal for Todd Bertuzzi.

Huge deal!!!
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 09:04 PM   #112
Karim
College Starter

To Vancouver: Luongo, Lukas Krajicek and a sixth-round draft pick

To Florida: Bertuzzi, Bryan Allen and Alex Auld
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 09:06 PM   #113
Karim
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis
If it ends up being another case of the wife not liking it here (see: Gretzky, Nedved), I might just end up being sick.

Unfortunately, that's what I've been reading. Apparently she spent most of the season in St. Louis, came up to Edmonton only twice, and has no intention of living there.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:21 PM   #114
Pyser
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim
To Vancouver: Luongo, Lukas Krajicek and a sixth-round draft pick

To Florida: Bertuzzi, Bryan Allen and Alex Auld

yowza. i dont like it for florida one bit. i dont think bertuzzi is a "new" nhl player. and how old is he?

and what happened to cloutier? is he a fa, or a backup or what?

florida couldve gotten more elsewhere i think.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:58 PM   #115
Pyser
Pro Rookie

dola, just talked to my friend who is a panthers fan, and he invited me over to burn his panther jerseys tonight.

and he wasnt kidding.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:32 PM   #116
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Wow. Hell of a deal.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:19 PM   #117
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Funny article from Charlotte about the importance of the Hurricanes' win:

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlot...n/14857871.htm

Let this jerk boil in his own jealousy over his big city teams not winning a championship before that podunk government town down east. We've got a Cup. To paraphrase something that was supposedly heard on the radio, Raleigh has more championships than Charlotte in hockey and the same in basketball and football and the city doesn't even have an NBA or NFL team. Oh, and let's not go into NCAA championships. Take away Duke and Carolina, it's still 2-0. Woo-hoo! Charlotte's got 'Neck-Car teams and championships out the wazoo! Thanks for reinforcing the hick image there, Tom.

(And I can say this because I was Charlotte-born, but Raleigh-raised, so I'm partial to both places.)
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 01:41 AM   #118
Travis
Pro Rookie

Really surprised Florida pulled the trigger so fast. Would have thought they'd wait and see what sort of deal more teams would have offered. Wonder if Vancouver made it a case where the deal had to be done before the draft or they'd pull it. Really thought Florida could have gotten more to be honest, unless Luongo had quite a short list of teams that he was willing to go to and this was the best offer they could get from those teams.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 03:23 AM   #119
RendeR
Coordinator

Bring Pronger to Buffalo. The only thing the Sabres lack is the giant play-killer in the defensive end. Pronger has proven he is that and more.

Buffalo is a grande town =)
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 04:56 AM   #120
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR
Bring Pronger to Buffalo. The only thing the Sabres lack is the giant play-killer in the defensive end. Pronger has proven he is that and more.

Buffalo is a grande town =)

Try telling that to his primadonna wife...
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 07:36 AM   #121
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSkillz
Try telling that to his primadonna wife...

Agreed. If she doesn't like Edmonton odds are she wont love Buffalo. The again, apparently she's quite fond of St. Louis so perhaps her standards aren't that high. (I keed! I keed!)
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 06-24-2006, 07:38 AM   #122
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
and here I was wondering if he was going to retire...

Yeah, me too. A good deal for Brindy, but it might hurt a little when the Canes are paying a 40 year old center $3 million. Wings fans know better than anyone just how good 40 year old plus hockey players can play (e.g., Chelios, Yzerman, Larionov), but there is a bit of slippage in their game around that time.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:20 AM   #123
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
Yeah, me too. A good deal for Brindy, but it might hurt a little when the Canes are paying a 40 year old center $3 million...

...to play for their AHL club
Old 06-24-2006, 08:26 AM   #124
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I have to admit I'm one of the few who likes this trade for the Panthers. Luongo was going to be difficult to re-sign. Not only did they get Bertuzzi, who, at the very least, gives people a reason to talk about hockey in Miami, but I am also quite fond of Auld and Allen.

Canucks needed to move Bertuzzi and they got a superstar goalie...but I think they gave up too much. and, as an Avs fan, I really hope they can't re-sign him.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:24 AM   #125
Karim
College Starter

I don't think this is a bad trade at all for Florida. Auld has shown he is a very capable back-up and can maintain the starter's job in a pinch. Allen is very underrated and a solid #4-#6 stay-at-home defencemen. Both players are relatively inexpensive. Bertuzzi is tight with Keenan and if he would no longer be afraid to hit people, may regain his status as the best power-forward in the league. He certainly will be out of the spotlight.

Luongo needs to sign a multi-year contract or this trade is a franchise-destroyer in Vancouver.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:39 AM   #126
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
I have to admit I'm one of the few who likes this trade for the Panthers. Luongo was going to be difficult to re-sign. Not only did they get Bertuzzi, who, at the very least, gives people a reason to talk about hockey in Miami, but I am also quite fond of Auld and Allen.

Canucks needed to move Bertuzzi and they got a superstar goalie...but I think they gave up too much. and, as an Avs fan, I really hope they can't re-sign him.

I am with you, DD. I know Bertuzzi stuggled a bit last year, but getting out of Vancouver should help. While Bertuzzi isn't the ideal player in the new NHL (when is it going to become just the NHL? Begining of next year? The following year?), but he should be able to use his size and strength to his advantage like Joe Thornton. Without the ability to clutch and grab, Bertuzzi should be able to go anywhere on the ice he so chooses.

I really like the collection of forwards Florida is putting together.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:45 AM   #127
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

The Ottawa Sun says Redden will re-sign, maybe even today. The odd thing is they're reporting it as a $6 million deal, but only for two or three years. Seems odd to pass up long-term security to take a two year deal, no?
Old 06-24-2006, 11:43 AM   #128
Booj
High School JV

Well, first of all, let me say I like this trade from Florida perspective. Auld+Bertuzzi+Allen > Luongo for a team trying to make the playoffs.

Second of all, I've been rolling on the floor laughing since I heard about Theo and Paris Hilton... ahh, suddenly Aebischer + the cap room looks like a steal.

Now, lots of rumblings coming out of Montreal... they want Brassard badly (so do I, after seeing what he did with Latendresse, another Habs pick), and have been trying to trade up since they got to Vancouver, and I'm willing to suggest that if they don't get Brassard, they will trade down and stockpile draft picks.

Word is they are close to a deal with Huet which means they won't be going after one of the many goalies available from their teams.

I see Zednik, Ribeiro and the 16th pick being offered to several teams to move up into the top-10.

Let me also state that Pronger will be a very good fit in Montreal...
Booj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 12:03 PM   #129
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Isles have a very good chance of picking Michael Frolik today. I'd love that pick -- he's not a "project" and could contribute in a year or two.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:08 PM   #130
chrisj
H.S. Freshman Team

Location: Edmonton, Alberta (but still wishing I was in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim
Unfortunately, that's what I've been reading. Apparently she spent most of the season in St. Louis, came up to Edmonton only twice, and has no intention of living there.

That's pretty much the case.

http://www.edmontonsun.ca/Sports/Oil...50808-sun.html

I suspect though that the Oilers won't trade him without getting a stellar deal in return.
chrisj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 12:24 PM   #131
bbor
Pro Starter

No draft day thread?

If i am Vancouver i do the Luongo trade everyday and twice on Sundays.Luongo ia F'N stud.Bertuzzi needs a change of scenery,but losing him does'nt hurt the Nucks much.The rest of the deal is all window dressing.Luongo is the man.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 12:45 PM   #132
bronconick
College Starter

Depends on if either guy re-signs with their team. Both Bertuzzi and Luongo are in final contract years.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 12:58 PM   #133
bbor
Pro Starter

I bet the deal did'nt get done without new deals being in place.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 01:16 PM   #134
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Yeah, me too. A good deal for Brindy, but it might hurt a little when the Canes are paying a 40 year old center $3 million. Wings fans know better than anyone just how good 40 year old plus hockey players can play (e.g., Chelios, Yzerman, Larionov), but there is a bit of slippage in their game around that time.

I somewhat concur with these statements. Brindy was due $5+ million in the upcoming year, so this was obviously a cap-saving move by Carolina and Brind'Amour has definitely bonded with the area (has been seen at pressers with an NC State hat on, for example), so he seemed be willing to forgoe a little extra money next year for a certainty that he'll have his future years secured and that he'll most likely retire a Hurricane. It does remain to be seen, though, whether he can continue his high level of play. At least he was willing enough to take lesser money towards the end of the deal so the cap cost won't be as pronounced. Not often you see contracts diminish in value with time. Usually it's the other way around.

I've also seen scuttlebutt that Rutherford and Laviolette are getting close on a new contract that may get finalized by next week, so we may yet be able to keep him in the fold.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 01:41 PM   #135
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I explained the Pronger and McCabe situations to Mrs. Leafs today, and she just about had kittens. She can not understand why these guys making $6M a year have to switch teams because of where their wives want to live. She was asking why their wives couldn't just buy a second home and go live where they want when the players are on the road. I couldn't really come up with a good answer.
Old 06-24-2006, 01:58 PM   #136
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
I explained the Pronger and McCabe situations to Mrs. Leafs today, and she just about had kittens. She can not understand why these guys making $6M a year have to switch teams because of where their wives want to live. She was asking why their wives couldn't just buy a second home and go live where they want when the players are on the road. I couldn't really come up with a good answer.

Mrs. Leafs raises a good point. Look at the Samsonovs. Sergei's been in Boston/Edmonton for years now and his family (wife and kids) has lived in Detroit ever since he was a member of the Vipers. Given the nature of the profession, I reckon there are a number of families in that kind of situation.
Old 06-24-2006, 02:19 PM   #137
MrBug708
Head Coach

Baseball players almost always have a house in Arizona, SoCal, or Florida it seems
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 02:33 PM   #138
riz
SI Games

Quote:

Maybe Mrs. Pronger has a nice job in St.Louis and does not want to give up her career in order to move to Edmonton ? I bet it is a lot easier for Mr. Pronger to find another job, right ?
riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 02:35 PM   #139
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

http://www.tsn.ca/tools/print_story.asp?id=169602

VANCOUVER (CP) - Goaltender Roberto Luongo says the trade that sent him to the NHL Vancouver Canucks came as surprise since he believed he had a long-term deal worked out with the Florida Panthers.

''I'm really sad because I didn't think this was going to happen,'' Luongo said Saturday in a telephone conference call.

''We made great strides yesterday. I thought we were going to get something long term. I was surprised this whole deal went down.''

The Canucks acquired Luongo, 27, from the Florida Panthers Friday night in a blockbuster trade. Vancouver sent forward Todd Bertuzzi, defenceman Bryan Allen and goaltender Alex Auld to Florida in exchange for Luongo, defenceman Lukas Krajicek and a sixth-round pick.

Luongo said he had reached a tentative four-year deal with the Panthers - he wouldn't say for how much money - hinged on three conditions.

He wanted the team to make a public statement they would not trade him, Florida would hire Francois Allaire as his goaltender coach, and the Panthers would sign goaltender Jamie McLennan as his backup.

''They did not want to meet my three expectations which I thought were not that big a deal,'' he said.

Luongo has married a woman from Florida and recently purchased a new home. He said he would rather stay in Florida but is looking forward to playing in Vancouver.

''I think I'm excited because Vancouver is a great hockey city and they have a great team,'' he said. ''I'm really looking forward to the opportunity of making a run at the Stanley Cup, something I never had a chance to do in my prior seasons in Florida.''

The Canucks still must sign Luongo to a contract. The Montreal native earned $3.2 million US last season. He rejected two offers in Florida, one a five-year, $30-million US offer and another for $25 million US over four years.

Luongo is a restricted free agent and could become an unrestricted free agent next year if Vancouver general manager Dave Nonis can't sign him to a long-term deal.

Luongo said its too early to say if he can reach a long-term deal in Vancouver.

''Everything is kind of fresh right now,'' he said.

''I'm still really under shock. It's something I think with time we need to sit down and make a decision. Right now it's really pointless to do that. There's a lot of emotions right now in the situation.''

The Canucks already have goaltender Dan Cloutier under contract for next season at $2.5 million. Cloutier missed most of last season with torn knee ligaments.

--------------------------------

Hrmm... There's something odd about Luongo. He's always making these bizarre public statements. Obviously you have to consider the Keenan-factor in all of this, but I can't help by feel Luongo is just a bit... off. I mean, what was with those conditions? The public no trade statement. Sure. Keeping the goalie coach? Ok. But demanding Jamie McLennan as his backup?

Well, so long as he stops the puck going into the net things will be fine. It seemed to work for Hasek for a great many years.
Old 06-24-2006, 02:36 PM   #140
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
... just buy a second home and go live where they want when the players are on the road.

Hell, maintaining one home is a pain in the ass to me, two homes + travel between them (a distance like Edmonton & StL for example) sounds like a nightmare so I can't really say I'd blame anybody for not taking that option.
Old 06-24-2006, 02:41 PM   #141
mooreadamc
Mascot

Quote:
Hrmm... There's something odd about Luongo. He's always making these bizarre public statements. Obviously you have to consider the Keenan-factor in all of this, but I can't help by feel Luongo is just a bit... off. I mean, what was with those conditions? The public no trade statement. Sure. Keeping the goalie coach? Ok. But demanding Jamie McLennan as his backup?

Well, so long as he stops the puck going into the net things will be fine. It seemed to work for Hasek for a great many years.

I think I heard last night that Luongo just married a girl from the Miami area and that is why he wanted to sign long-term. I wonder now if he'll want to stay in Vancouver.
mooreadamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 02:49 PM   #142
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooreadamc
I think I heard last night that Luongo just married a girl from the Miami area and that is why he wanted to sign long-term. I wonder now if he'll want to stay in Vancouver.

Based on current trends whether he wants to stay in Vancouver could well be quite irrelevant. If Mrs. Luongo gets on the phone with Mrs. Pronger and Mrs. McCabe, I reckon the Luongos stay in the Great White North might be very brief indeed. . .
Old 06-24-2006, 03:21 PM   #143
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I'm not sure what's dumber, hockey players' wives thinking they should get to choose where their husbands play, or goalies thinking they should get to choose who their backup is.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:43 PM   #144
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Owners are now pushing for a new clause in the CBA; Players are not allowed to be married until after their NHL career is over.
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 03:59 PM   #145
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Some things I've read:

More updates:

> Pronger's agent has confirmed his trade request... more than likely the family reasons are his wife who apparently doesn't like Edmonton, and has been living in St. Louis most of the season.

> When a star player goes on the block, or asks for a trade... one team is always said to be interested, even if they are not. So apparently the Leafs want Pronger, and are said to be looking at Kaberle as the major bait to wiggle in front of Edmonton for him.

> The Hurricanes have re-signed Peter Laviolette to a 5 year extension.

> Wade Redden is said to be very close to re-signing with the Sens, and the Sens are still trying very hard to (a) re-sign Chara, and (b) trade Havlet.

> Cristobal Huet and the Habs are close to signing a long term deal.

> The Kings are looking to try and grab either Ottawa Senators winger Martin Havlat or Maxim Afinogenov of Buffalo.

> The Capitals want to trade the fourth overall pick for a playmaking centre to compliment Ovechkin.

> Tampa Bay wants to trade Fredrik Modin and Ruslan Fedotenko. They want a starting goalie, so one of the following are likely in their sights... Marc Denis, Evgeni Nabokov, Jean-Sebastien Giguere or Martin Biron.

> Mike Keenan, who loves Pronger, might want to give up Boumeester or Weis to land the big D-Man.
LETS GO JAYS!!
EHM 2005 DYNASTY: A New Philosophy in Toronto!

Last edited by Joe Canadian : 06-24-2006 at 04:02 PM.
Joe Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 04:10 PM   #146
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Canadian
> When a star player goes on the block, or asks for a trade... one team is always said to be interested, even if they are not. So apparently the Leafs want Pronger, and are said to be looking at Kaberle as the major bait to wiggle in front of Edmonton for him.
True... the Leafs will always show up in these rumors. And typically, the rumors overlook the fact that they have nothing to offer. Kaberle alone won't get it done. Who else do you offer? How exactly does Toronto make the best offer of any team in the NHL here?

If he was a FA I could see it, but not when there's a trade required.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:12 PM   #147
DeToxRox
Head Coach

As a Hockey fan in general

I'd trade Datsyuk to the Caps for #4 plus a future 1st.

Datsyuk/Ovechkin would be dynamite to watch, and the Wings can get their hands on (potentially) a guy like Toews who is what this organization sorely needs.

We have a decent group of prospects but we're going to be stuck in mud if we don't make any changes. Dats is great but I'm still not a big fan of his, and Z's the future. The time will come where we have to lose one or the other, and Dats will lose that fight 10 out of 10 times.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 04:17 PM   #148
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Quote:
True... the Leafs will always show up in these rumors. And typically, the rumors overlook the fact that they have nothing to offer. Kaberle alone won't get it done. Who else do you offer? How exactly does Toronto make the best offer of any team in the NHL here?

If he was a FA I could see it, but not when there's a trade required.

I think the best deal for the Oilers is one getting Jay Boumeester...
LETS GO JAYS!!
Old 06-24-2006, 04:18 PM   #149
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Regarding the draft... a have no idea why anyone wants to pick Erik Johnson first overall. He's like Scot Stevens, that cool and all, but I'd rather pick up a Staal or Kessell instead...
LETS GO JAYS!!
Old 06-24-2006, 04:22 PM   #150
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Canadian
Regarding the draft... a have no idea why anyone wants to pick Erik Johnson first overall. He's like Scot Stevens, that cool and all, but I'd rather pick up a Staal or Kessell instead...

Considering all the comparisons to Pronger and how integral he was (and even Stevens for that matter with NJ) to their Cup run, it's a big reason hes #1.

A top defensemen is still huge in this NHL.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote