Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-13-2006, 04:23 PM   #101
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
classy.
Well, that's not the word I was going to use, but ok...

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 04:33 PM   #102
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Yep. Glad I took the time to respond.
Yep, me too.

Alternately, one could suggest that there are sports teams worth more time than certain relationships, but I wouldn't be the one to do so.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 04:38 PM   #103
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Sorry guys, didn't mean to sound like a bitch, but I really wasn't asking for advice. I was just hoping that there would be some avid sports fans out there that could relate to the story. But I did appreciate the words of wisdom guys, i promise.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 04:45 PM   #104
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

No no, dig up, stupid!
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."

Last edited by Fidatelo : 02-13-2006 at 04:52 PM.
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 04:46 PM   #105
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMyths
Yep, me too.

Alternately, one could suggest that there are sports teams worth more time than certain relationships, but I wouldn't be the one to do so.
Or maybe some relationships are worth less than sports teams

SI

Old 02-13-2006, 05:05 PM   #106
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I suggest reading Fever Pitch by Nick Hornby.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:00 PM   #107
Drake
assmaster

Allow me to reiterate: There's only one [insert team/city here]. There are lots of women. And I've never had a girlfriend who gave bad bj's. I'm not sure such a thing exists.

Last edited by Drake : 02-13-2006 at 06:02 PM.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:04 PM   #108
gkb
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Yep. Glad I took the time to respond.

As am I.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:07 PM   #109
Drake
assmaster

Well, I'd say this thread is working out pretty much exactly as GE would have hoped.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:12 PM   #110
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Memfist is teh sux0r!!!

Hott seckz is teh r0x0R!!!!
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:09 PM   #111
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I got the responses I wanted, and GE isn't upset. So things are perfect. Now if only this thread would slowly die away....
Old 02-13-2006, 07:19 PM   #112
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl
Sorry guys, didn't mean to sound like a bitch, but I really wasn't asking for advice. I was just hoping that there would be some avid sports fans out there that could relate to the story. But I did appreciate the words of wisdom guys, i promise.

Well, that rules me out. I just don't understand how any adult, male or female, can be so fanatical about sports that it becomes more important than personal relationships. Sports are pretty far down the list of things that truly matters in life.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:34 PM   #113
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
would any of you guys choose a school or sports team over your woman?

If it was a woman who would choose money over my happiness without a hint of hesitation? Yeah, I'd stick with the Thrashers.

Or the Yellow Jackets. Or the Gladiators. Or a 8-9 y/o Pee Wee Football team that I happen to drive by the field where they play a couple of times a year. Dunno who those kids are but I think I'd prefer their company to someone who was more interested in her own wallet than in anything that was really important to me.

Between the completely selfish bitch attitude displayed in the wording of the original question and the foot+ankle+shin+knee+thigh you put in your mouth when you basically slammed the forum a few pages later, I'm hard pressed to think of anyone who has fucked up their own image on a forum more completely in such a quick fashion as you have in this thread.

AFAIC, I really don't care whether the door hits you in the ass on the way out but I sure hope it closes behind you as you leave. Permanently.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:02 PM   #114
Logan
Head Coach

P3WNED.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:09 PM   #115
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Ah, cut Jim some slack. He's really torn right now about how to handle the VP Shooting incident. At first he was just going to chalk it up to poor judgment, but once he heard the news that he didn't have the proper stamp on his hunting license, he began to become engraged at the brazen lawlessness of it all and started to contemplate calls for impeachment.

So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:47 PM   #116
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

John I appreciate your input on the matter, but a couple of things... First, i've been contributing to this forum for a year now. Second, I never said I would choose money over my man. When we first started going out we decided to go to the city where one of us was offered the job with the most money and the other would follow, sorry I didn't specify that at the beginning. And right now he is interested in playing poker for a living, and he can do that anywhere. Third, I would never go to a thread that you started and bad mouth you, i have more respect for people than that. I guess I shouldn't expect the same.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:57 PM   #117
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
If it was a woman who would choose money over my happiness without a hint of hesitation? Yeah, I'd stick with the Thrashers.

Or the Yellow Jackets. Or the Gladiators. Or a 8-9 y/o Pee Wee Football team that I happen to drive by the field where they play a couple of times a year. Dunno who those kids are but I think I'd prefer their company to someone who was more interested in her own wallet than in anything that was really important to me.

Between the completely selfish bitch attitude displayed in the wording of the original question and the foot+ankle+shin+knee+thigh you put in your mouth when you basically slammed the forum a few pages later, I'm hard pressed to think of anyone who has fucked up their own image on a forum more completely in such a quick fashion as you have in this thread.

AFAIC, I really don't care whether the door hits you in the ass on the way out but I sure hope it closes behind you as you leave. Permanently.
This was the not-so-nice version of my post. Let's watch as the forum predator stalks his prey, a hybrid of the stupid question asker and the forum insulter, seemingly oblivious to the situation

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 02-13-2006 at 08:58 PM.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:01 PM   #118
Jesse_Ewiak
Banned

Respect from Jon. That's a good one.

Seriously though, if things were reversed - say, if Flasch to choose a member at random posted thatr he was offered a well-paying job and he posted on here saying his SO wanted to stay in J'ville because she loved the town so much, half of the posters on here would be saying in so many words, "dump the bitch."
Jesse_Ewiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:06 PM   #119
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_Ewiak

Seriously though, if things were reversed - say, if Flasch to choose a member at random posted thatr he was offered a well-paying job and he posted on here saying his SO wanted to stay in J'ville because she loved the town so much, half of the posters on here would be saying in so many words, "dump the bitch."

You are very right, but I wasn't going to be the one to say it. But the point is, i never said i would leave GE for money. If i implied that, then it was a mistake.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:08 PM   #120
Jesse_Ewiak
Banned

Eh, half the board already thinks I'm a political troll who wants to abort their daughters pregnancies and turn their sons gay, so I'm already permantley got on a flame-retardant suit. :-)
Old 02-13-2006, 09:11 PM   #121
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Eh, half the board already thinks I'm a political troll who wants to abort their daughters pregnancies and turn their sons gay, so I'm already permantley got on a flame-retardant suit. :-)

That's still infinitely better than anything Biggle has ever said.

In before the thread gets deleted.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:11 PM   #122
McSweeny
College Starter

Quote:

i think you're wrong here. I don't want to speak for Jon, but i think his response would have been the same no matter who the original poster was and no matter what the original poster's political views were.

and for what it's worth, i completely agree with him. I may not agree with him politically much, but on lots of other important issues we pretty much see eye-to-eye
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:12 PM   #123
Drake
assmaster

Old 02-13-2006, 09:15 PM   #124
Jesse_Ewiak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
That's still infinitely better than anything Biggle has ever said.

In before the thread gets deleted.

Well, Biggie hasn't learned facts and statistics mean nothing to the right wingers. I've learned that and thus have gone straight to making fun of them - more entertaining and fun for me. :-)

And I didn't say everybody on the board would react the same way. But I have see enough 'love advice' on this board basically come down to 'dump her.'

EDITED TO ADD: Also, I don't think it would've mattered about political persuasion either. I'm just pointing out that I said because I've already proved I could care less if people hate me. :-)

Last edited by Jesse_Ewiak : 02-13-2006 at 09:16 PM.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:17 PM   #125
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
First, i've been contributing to this forum for a year now.

Which matters ... how ??? There's assholes who've been here since the original incarnation of FOFC, their longevity doesn't make them less of an asshole. And your year of "contributions" don't make you come across as any less of a bitch at this point.

Quote:
Second, I never said I would choose money over my man.

In so many words? No, you didn't.

But your word choice, your tone, the whole attitude that came across in your initial post made it pretty clear to me, and I suspect to quite a few others who simply don't want the hassle of saying it straight out.

Honey, you're all about you & that's pretty damned obvious.

Quote:
Third, I would never go to a thread that you started and bad mouth you, i have more respect for people than that. I guess I shouldn't expect the same.

Respect? For somebody who displayed their selfish nature & now regrets doing so? For somebody who rips on the forum and then tries to cover themselves by whining that they've been posting here for a year themselves? And then try to paint yourself as some sort of victim of an unwarranted attack? Well, I'll be a sonuvabitch ... you really must think we're some incredibly stupid people.

I didn't randomly decide to "bad mouth" you, I didn't drift into the thread thinking "hmm, let's see if there's some innocent victim to slaughter". More like: "I read the thread with my jaw dropping slowly but surely to the floor as you dug a hole for yourself". And, once the incredulous phase passed, I decided if nobody else was going to do it, I'd be the one to call your bullshit for exactly what it has been. Respect you? Bwahahahaha. That's too rich. After the crap you've come up with in this thread, I can't really imagine being able to stand the sight or sound of you, much less have any "respect" for you. Plain & simple, you don't deserve it.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:17 PM   #126
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Plus, he said that he knew a couple of guys out here would definitly back him up, so it was funny to me that those guys were the ones that in fact agreed with my point of view on the situation.

Damn, GE's pissed at me, huh?

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:19 PM   #127
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo
No no, dig up, stupid!
\

Lost amidst the ensuing clutter, this was pure GOLD.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:21 PM   #128
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

Strongly disagree with this statement, although I'm sure that quote would appear in the thread somewhere.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:22 PM   #129
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
of things... First, i've been contributing to this forum for a year now.

Really now?
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:23 PM   #130
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

No Jeeber, he isn't mad at anyone. He gets mad very rarely.

And Jon, I could care less what you think of me. You know nothing about me except what you have read in one forum/thread and yet you make such a hasty, nasty opinion. Classy. And I did not rip the forum, all i said is i wouldn't ask for advice from people on a forum. I find it hard to see how that is 'ripping'

Last edited by LoneStarGirl : 02-13-2006 at 09:24 PM.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:23 PM   #131
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
This was the not-so-nice version of my post.

I'm overworked, overstressed, waaaay overtired, and feeling way too damn old.
I don't do "nice" very much anymore, it just ain't worth the f'n effort.

Quote:
Let's watch as the forum predator stalks his prey, a hybrid of the stupid question asker and the forum insulter, seemingly oblivious to the situation

Although I get the Nature Channel allusion (and liked it reasonably well) methinks this is more like shooting fish in a barrel than stalking a prey. Just too damned easy, Stevie Wonder could see through this bullshit for crying out loud.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:23 PM   #132
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexroid
Really now?

Not that often, but yes, I have.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:24 PM   #133
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

someone's panties are totally in a bunch right now
Old 02-13-2006, 09:24 PM   #134
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
someone's panties are totally in a bunch right now

I'm not wearing any panties.

knives out
Old 02-13-2006, 09:24 PM   #135
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I dont wear panties

Last edited by LoneStarGirl : 02-13-2006 at 09:25 PM.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:26 PM   #136
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
And I did not rip the forum, all i said is i wouldn't ask for advice from people on a forum.

Actually, you said, "people who spend the majority of their time on a message board. "

Which implies something. Kinda like the money thing if you think about it.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:27 PM   #137
Jesse_Ewiak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
Strongly disagree with this statement, although I'm sure that quote would appear in the thread somewhere.

Eh, it's be worded a myraid of different ways, but it'd basically say, "if you she doesn't want what you want, dump her."

As for the argument the LSG only cares about money - it's not as if GE from what I've read has some great job that he'll lose if they move to wherever. He wants to stay in Memphis because of a college sports team.

I'm somehow betting her prospects for her career are a little more stable with a masters degree than GE's as a pro poker player.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:28 PM   #138
JeeberD
General Manager

OK people, back off the Astros fan...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:29 PM   #139
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I would delete the thread but then I figured it would make more people pissed off at me
Old 02-13-2006, 09:30 PM   #140
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And Jon, I could care less what you think of me.

Gee golly, I'm crushed.

The only thing that salvages my feelings about that is that you didn't get even 1% of what I really think about you at this point. The proverbial "I wouldn't piss on you if you caught fire" doesn't scratch the surface of it, but it covers the ground adequately enough.

Like I said, I don't really care how you go away, as long as you go away.
If GE chooses to have you as his problem, that's his business. I'll probably question whether he's a damned fool, but ain't no man in the world gonna listen to anybody tell him what to do about a woman anyway, so I don't see any point in going there. We've all had to learn stuff for ourselves in our lives, I don't see any reason to believe he'll be any different than men throughout time eternal on that score.

But spare the rest of us your b.s, m'kay.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:31 PM   #141
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
I dont wear panties

PIX PLS K THX
Old 02-13-2006, 09:31 PM   #142
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexroid
Actually, you said, "people who spend the majority of their time on a message board. " Which implies something.

Ssssh, Vex. Don't bring the facts into it, you'll get accused of being mean or something.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:32 PM   #143
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I'm somehow betting her prospects for her career are a little more stable with a masters degree than GE's as a pro poker player.

That's got nothing to do with anything. What makes a man (or woman) happy is what this discussion is about. I am lucky to have a partner who would follow me to the ends of the earth, no matter how daffy my dreams got, but as I've told her, it's her turn to dream whenever she wants: When she wants to go somewhere, all she has to do is say so, and we go.

What is happening here is that LSG is either questioning GE's commitment to her, or else revealing that her commitment is less than total.

knives out
Old 02-13-2006, 09:33 PM   #144
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
ain't no man in the world gonna listen to anybody tell him what to do about a woman anyway

preach it brother

knives out
Old 02-13-2006, 09:33 PM   #145
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm overworked, overstressed, waaaay overtired, and feeling way too damn old.
I don't do "nice" very much anymore, it just ain't worth the f'n effort.

Just thinking out loud here but maybe there's a connection the other way around? Not doing nice leads to stress, overtiredness, etc. because others would treat you the way you treat them?
Old 02-13-2006, 09:34 PM   #146
Danny
Head Coach

Some of you take things WAY too seriously. Let's see, let me disect every word in a couple of posts from someone and turn them into the anti-christ. Or, let's get all defensive from people posting their opinions and overreact and insult them...

Yeah... that will work out well.

Lighten up

Last edited by Danny : 02-13-2006 at 09:37 PM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:34 PM   #147
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

She doesn't care, he doesn't care, etc. I really wish we had WrongWay and his Tickle Wie Knows Your Name in this thread right about now.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:35 PM   #148
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Gee golly, I'm crushed.

The only thing that salvages my feelings about that is that you didn't get even 1% of what I really think about you at this point. The proverbial "I wouldn't piss on you if you caught fire" doesn't scratch the surface of it, but it covers the ground adequately enough.

Like I said, I don't really care how you go away, as long as you go away.
If GE chooses to have you as his problem, that's his business. I'll probably question whether he's a damned fool, but ain't no man in the world gonna listen to anybody tell him what to do about a woman anyway, so I don't see any point in going there. We've all had to learn stuff for ourselves in our lives, I don't see any reason to believe he'll be any different than men throughout time eternal on that score.

But spare the rest of us your b.s, m'kay.

It just amazes me that you could have such strong feelings for somebody on a message board you've never met. You need to get a life.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:37 PM   #149
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Drickman
Some of you take things WAY too seriously. Let's see, let me disect every word in a couple of posts from someone and turn them into the anti-christ. Or, let's get all defensive from people posting their opinions and overreact and insult them...
Shut up! You are the anti-christ!
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:37 PM   #150
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
Just thinking out loud here but maybe there's a connection the other way around? Not doing nice leads to stress, overtiredness, etc. because others would treat you the way you treat them?

Except that the other symptoms preceeded the end of "nice"; i.e. the effect cannot have been the initial cause. Basically "...I'm all out of bubble gum" at this point.

Nice kinda karmic and/or metaphysical approach you took though