Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-14-2006, 04:53 PM   #101
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Not just a mod...
Yeah well, I'm not a big fan of revising history with the edit button . Doesn't mean I think he's a bad guy.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 05:08 PM   #102
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
Do you really think it takes 30 years to learn a whole new culture?

Do you really think we're the ones to judge how long it takes?
Old 02-14-2006, 05:31 PM   #103
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
Do you really think we're the ones to judge how long it takes?
Sure. There are others who aren't even in this country...Emilano, MJB, etc. that have been posting here for a while. If after 5-10 years in this country you don't get the culture, you're staying inside cruising the internet too much.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 05:47 PM   #104
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Sure. There are others who aren't even in this country...Emilano, MJB, etc. that have been posting here for a while. If after 5-10 years in this country you don't get the culture, you're staying inside cruising the internet too much.

I guess my point was more on an individual basis. Personally, I'd agree that 5-10 years should be plenty, but I don't think any of us know JB's specific circumstances well enough to make a definitive call.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:15 PM   #105
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
It shouldn't be for much longer. I've procrastinated on getting to the bottom of the situation, so a big reason for me posting that was to force myself to either have to retract, or spill the beans.

Do let us know when you've cracked the case, Sherlock. Wouldn't want your slandering to die alone on Valentine's Day.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 06:34 PM   #106
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
I guess my point was more on an individual basis. Personally, I'd agree that 5-10 years should be plenty, but I don't think any of us know JB's specific circumstances well enough to make a definitive call.

True.....but here is what I know. He lives in Los Angeles, he is around 37 years old, was raised in the States, but has a hard time taking criticism or teasing. The point is if he doesn't want the attention, he shouldn't do the things as I have shown above.

A majority of people don't delete post/message just because someone disagrees with them or argues with them. He always demands that someone responds to him (Remember Ping:Skydog), but yet when other people responded to that thread, he tried to delete it and claimed that he wanted privacy and that people should leave him alone.. In fact he had deleted another thread altogether that led to the Ping:Skydog thread. I guess a PM is not as private as a thread.

Let's be honest here. HellAtlantic, SkyDog, and even Maximus has gotten a hell of a lot more flack than jbmagic ever has. And ALL of them have brought it on themselves in one way or another. jb is not as innocent as people want to believe. He tries to stir up crap and then tries to get rid of any evidence if people question what he is doing. I would refer to those threads, but a lot of them have been deleted.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:44 PM   #107
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister71
True.....but here is what I know. He lives in Los Angeles, he is around 37 years old, was raised in the States, but has a hard time taking criticism or teasing. The point is if he doesn't want the attention, he shouldn't do the things as I have shown above.

A majority of people don't delete post/message just because someone disagrees with them or argues with them. He always demands that someone responds to him (Remember Ping:Skydog), but yet when other people responded to that thread, he tried to delete it and claimed that he wanted privacy and that people should leave him alone.. In fact he had deleted another thread altogether that led to the Ping:Skydog thread. I guess a PM is not as private as a thread.

Let's be honest here. HellAtlantic, SkyDog, and even Maximus has gotten a hell of a lot more flack than jbmagic ever has. And ALL of them have brought it on themselves in one way or another. jb is not as innocent as people want to believe. He tries to stir up crap and then tries to get rid of any evidence if people question what he is doing. I would refer to those threads, but a lot of them have been deleted.

I understand your point, and I have done my share of eye-rolling at many of the things you referenced. But he's always struck me as kind of a Latka from Taxi -- pretty harmless and easy to ignore if need be.

I also think that there may not have been out and out attacks, but there has been plenty of snide comments regarding the language difficulties. Not to speak for or necessarily defend JB, but if my language skills were lacking and I was obviously detested by the mod of the board (which I think has been pretty plain over the months), I might get a little paranoid about my posts and try to edit a bit more than necessary if I think it was phrased poorly....especially if I was thin-skinned to begin with.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:02 PM   #108
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I really don't believe anyone who has been here as long as he has and posts as much still doesn't have a clue. It's not the language skills but the utter lack of comprehension or memory retention. Maybe he is severely dyslexic, which is how he acts, but why then keep popping up in a lot of threads just to hear the sound of the keyboard clicking? I vote for it all being an act because no one could be that consistently and persistantly obtuse for so long, if that's the right word.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:23 PM   #109
jbmagic
Pro Starter

look guys

i am sorry

i am not stupid, dyslexic, comprehenson, memory retention, language, etc. it really hurt to hear those comments from some of you guys.

my english is good when i speak. i have a little trouble with my grammer and i am trying to improve on it by taking a weekly class. there no need to personly attack me for it.

i made a stupid mistake posting an old news from 3 years ago recently. and i am sorry for that.

others post stupid Parodies, post new threads that someone already had started, some post attack others, etc and are much worse than mine, but they get treated different?

help me understand why?

i only ask to have the edit button back, and you guys are taking this to the extreme. one person attacks me and others want to pile on.

you make it like i am the first person to ever delete my post in here. others have done it too, but they dont get rip for it.

the reason i deleted some post is because there was others attacking me and i just got tire of it. it was getting too personal.

if there a rule in not deleting your psot, than i wont do it anymore. i just use the edit button to fix my post and edit my grammar better if i make a mistake.

i am not a bad person. i like most of you guys here. This is my favorite forum to visit.

if you guys dont want me to post that much anymore, just let me know and i wont. i just dont want anyone getting upset and annoy with me. i just will cut my post and replies down.

there are others who has posted way more in the last few months than me.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:23 PM   #110
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

well hopefully if it is an act SkyDog will enlighten us so we can all stop piling on him for this and we can all apologize to him.

and hopefully if it's not an act, SkyDog will be man enough to apologize.

sound fair enough?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:26 PM   #111
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

dola

and if it is an act, i'm going to feel like a wicked fool, cuz i'm not seeing it, and i've been one of the big ones to say that we shouldn't attack jb for being "different."
Old 02-14-2006, 07:28 PM   #112
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

The guy has a fucking Baseball Mogul account that dates back to Sept of 2003. He put effort to creating a guide for Total Pro Basketball in 2004. You guys are seriously fucking losing it. I pity you. Seriously. I pity you.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:31 PM   #113
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
The guy has a fucking Baseball Mogul account that dates back to Sept of 2003. He put effort to creating a guide for Total Pro Basketball in 2004. You guys are seriously fucking losing it. I pity you. Seriously. I pity you.
who's losing it sov? what i see in this thread is a lot of people in support of jb...in fact you could probably count the "anti-jb" posts in this thread on one hand.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:35 PM   #114
Lorena
Unregistered

The guy is an attention whore. The title itself, "Did they remove the edit button" is enough to have us chime in... why? Why has this travesty happened to an "innocent" person?

In this thread alone:

2/11/06 @ 4:30pm: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...30&postcount=4
First of many statuses

2/11/06 @ 4:45 pm (15 minutes later)
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...48&postcount=8
Another repeat, no edit button

2/11/06 @ 6:22pm
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...3&postcount=15
Another post about his edit button being gone??

02-12-2006, 11:22 AM
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...6&postcount=24
And yet, another update on his edit button being gone.

2/13/06, 6:03pm
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...7&postcount=52
Another status? Why Skydog? Why don't I have access BOO-HOO

2/14/06, 3:48pm
Classic JBMagic post, playing the victim, how could something so tragic happen to a good person?
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...5&postcount=99

The last one REALLY gets me. Classic "victim" post: What have I done that was so bad? I am a good person, yadda freaking yadda. Gimme a freaking break man. How can someone raised in L.A. have such a whiney, crybaby attitude like that? C'mon man!!

EDIT to add another classic JBMagic victim post:
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...&postcount=109
Why? Why? Why?

Last edited by Lorena : 02-14-2006 at 07:38 PM.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:40 PM   #115
Buccaneer
Head Coach

We've heard this all before, several times. Someone can find a near-identical post to the sob story above.

I still vote for it all being a hoax.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:40 PM   #116
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

jbmagic is an anagram for Jim G abc
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:41 PM   #117
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I'm just amused by the whole thing. I don't care either which way, really.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:42 PM   #118
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97

Hah! Or Joe B. from Los Angeles who likes Magic Johnson.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:44 PM   #119
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
well hopefully if it is an act SkyDog will enlighten us so we can all stop piling on him for this and we can all apologize to him.

and hopefully if it's not an act, SkyDog will be man enough to apologize.

sound fair enough?

Unlikely. After SD was a jerk to me in the BBCF thread, deleted a post of mine (which had no bad content, just "secrets" he didn't want me to talk about), and made similar veiled statements, he thinks I'm the one who needs to be forgiven.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:44 PM   #120
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
WI still vote for it all being a hoax.

What is the hoax, greybeard? Break it down for me.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:45 PM   #121
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I would love for Ben to "spill the beans".
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:46 PM   #122
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

-=internets are serious business=-
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:47 PM   #123
MrBigglesworth
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick
The guy is an attention whore. The title itself, "Did they remove the edit button" is enough to have us chime in... why? Why has this travesty happened to an "innocent" person?

In this thread alone:

2/11/06 @ 4:30pm: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...30&postcount=4
First of many statuses

2/11/06 @ 4:45 pm (15 minutes later)
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...48&postcount=8
Another repeat, no edit button

2/11/06 @ 6:22pm
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...3&postcount=15
Another post about his edit button being gone??

02-12-2006, 11:22 AM
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...6&postcount=24
And yet, another update on his edit button being gone.

2/13/06, 6:03pm
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...7&postcount=52
Another status? Why Skydog? Why don't I have access BOO-HOO

2/14/06, 3:48pm
Classic JBMagic post, playing the victim, how could something so tragic happen to a good person?
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...5&postcount=99

The last one REALLY gets me. Classic "victim" post: What have I done that was so bad? I am a good person, yadda freaking yadda. Gimme a freaking break man. How can someone raised in L.A. have such a whiney, crybaby attitude like that? C'mon man!!

EDIT to add another classic JBMagic victim post:
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...&postcount=109
Why? Why? Why?
Is this satire? Attacking him for talking about how his edit button is gone in a thread entitled, "Did they remove the edit button?" ?
MrBigglesworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:48 PM   #124
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Dodgerchick = Antmeister's wife = Dinnertalk about jbmagic and his scandalous internet exploits
Old 02-14-2006, 07:49 PM   #125
Lorena
Unregistered

I bet JB is actually very, very smart and just plays it down to get attention. Who knows, he might be a lawyer or something.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:50 PM   #126
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
Dodgerchick = Antmeister's wife = Dinnertalk about jbmagic and his scandalous internet exploits

LOL.......nice.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:51 PM   #127
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick
I bet JB is actually very, very smart and just plays it down to get attention. Who knows, he might be a lawyer or something.

Or you could turn it around and be like JG.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:54 PM   #128
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt
Unlikely. After SD was a jerk to me in the BBCF thread, deleted a post of mine (which had no bad content, just "secrets" he didn't want me to talk about), and made similar veiled statements, he thinks I'm the one who needs to be forgiven.
secrets?? do tell! via PM if necessary! i'm a gossip king!
Old 02-14-2006, 08:01 PM   #129
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
We've heard this all before, several times. Someone can find a near-identical post to the sob story above.

You know what, reading the start of the thing this afternoon, I almost immediately thought that there would be a "I'm sorry" post when I'd read again tonight...

Don't really know what to think about jbmagic though...

FM
Old 02-14-2006, 08:20 PM   #130
Buzzbee
College Starter

I'm just waiting for the "Did they remove my belly button" parroty thread.

Boom! In before the bean spilling.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:59 PM   #131
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
I really don't believe anyone who has been here as long as he has and posts as much still doesn't have a clue. ... but why then keep popping up in a lot of threads just to hear the sound of the keyboard clicking? I vote for it all being an act because no one could be that consistently and persistantly obtuse for so long, if that's the right word.
I tend to fall into this camp myself. To my knowledge, JB hasn't done anything that normally would draw a ban -- inappropriate posting, personal attacks, posting under an alias, etc. -- he's just annoying. And if you follow the history, he's been really annoying to Ben with tons of pointless PMs bordering on cyberstalking. It's bizarre.

I have never understood the defensive mechanism so many people have for the guy. I think the key may be in this thread. He often plays up to people making them feel good, and if he gets a negative reaction to something he deletes or edits it. Unless you're paying attention, it seems pretty innocuous. But what antmeister noted has bothered me for a long time ... he'll ask silly questions and act like a total n00b about something, then the next day suddenly act like an expert.

I have a sneaky suspicion of what the "beans" might be -- it's something that's been in the back of my mind for a while, but something I haven't been able to put my finger on. I always figured if my suspcions were true, Sov Star woud have found the evidence and revealed it to us by now.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 11:09 PM   #132
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

is jb the return of HM ?? is that the beans?
Old 02-14-2006, 11:17 PM   #133
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzbee
I'm just waiting for the "Did they remove my belly button" parroty thread.

In this case, I really hope there is one. I absolutely LOVE parrots.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:24 PM   #134
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

then again, from just the 10 minutes of googling i've done (hey i'm bored)

it appears there is a Guiseppe B. who Beta-Tested Civ III for Moby Games and has (jbmagic) listed in parenthesis after his name. There's also a jbmagic in Long Beach CA who posted on the TIVO boards for Irvine. seems there are jbmagic id's on a lot of boards, dating back a while and covering all manner of different topics, from watches to poker to different (non-sports) games.

So if there's "beans" to spill, I'd be curious as to what they are...

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 02-14-2006 at 11:25 PM.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:46 PM   #135
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97
It's also an anagram for gcibamj... I got nothin'

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 12:32 AM   #136
MrBigglesworth
College Starter

jbmagic, non si preoccupi! Rimani forte!
MrBigglesworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 12:52 AM   #137
MikeVic
Head Coach

I don't think jb has annoyed me anytime, but I can see how people might get annoyed with the numerous questions.

As for the defensive help he gets, I find it interesting. A lot of people like sticking up for him, and I do too. Don't know why. :P

He shouldn't be punished for bad English writing. I have a friend that speaks the language well, was born and raised in North America, but has problems writing. He doesn't have any kind of abnormality, just the way he is... so I believe jb when he says he's the same way, since I know someone like him.

edit: but I'm curious as to what the bean spilling could be.

Last edited by MikeVic : 02-15-2006 at 12:52 AM.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 05:13 AM   #138
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic
edit: but I'm curious as to what the bean spilling could be.

How dare you use your edit button in this thread! Oh poor JB will his suffering ever end?
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 05:30 AM   #139
Izulde
Head Coach

I'm curious now to find out what beans need spilling.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 06:01 AM   #140
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Last edited by panerd : 02-15-2006 at 06:01 AM. Reason: HAVE YOU GOTTEN YOUR EDIT BUTTON BACK YET JB?
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 06:58 AM   #141
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Completely off topic here but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde
I'm curious now to find out what beans need spilling.
Dynasty of the Year
2006 Golden Scribe Winner
Best Non-Sport Dynasty: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Other Golden Scribe results waiting to be announced.

do you really need a 9 line signature when you post one line of comment?

Just asking...

FM
Old 02-15-2006, 07:17 AM   #142
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
Completely off topic here but...

do you really need a 9 line signature when you post one line of comment?

Just asking...

FM

lol.......I keep thinking it is the rest of the post. I kept asking myself why he keeps repeating the same information.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:54 AM   #143
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

The beans, how they spill.

The bean-spilling is indirectly related to jbmagic. Directly related to Maximus. Here goes....

1. There is virtually NO reason to believe that Maximus is dead.

I did some brief checking around the time of jbmagic's "announcement" about maximus, and came up being VERY doubtful that it was true. A brief search back then revealed nothing to indicate that he was dead. I did some more checking last night and this morning, and, as I was getting very close, I went ahead and spent the 10 bucks to be sure of myself. There is no death certificate. There are no newspaper articles in his relatively small town about his "death." By comparison, there are at least five articles about his brother's non-fatal accident. To believe that maximus is dead, we'd have to believe that it was worth a two-part, front-page-both-days news story that a "Liability Cap Hurts Local Family", that his wedding was worth a 139-word article, that notice of his marriage license was given in the local paper, that the local paper found it worth a top-of-the-local-section article that the backhoe was not retired...

...but it wasn't even worth a mention that a local resident was killed in an automobile wreck. No obituary notice. No funeral notice. Nothing.

Furthermore, the guy who posted at Madden about Maximus's death can be cross-traced to the text sim boards. He didn't have an account here under that name, but he did at other places. Thanks to the co-operation of the admin from another board, an exact IP match of Maximus and Deitrus was located, and also an exact date of birth match on one of Deitrus's many accounts around the sports sim world with Maximus's birthday. There are also several cross-references that pile on to the evidence that Maximus=Deitrus. For example, "Deitrus" posted at the Battlegate forums that he'd been mentioning this game at OOTP, GDS, TPF, FOC, etc., and those mentions (at least at FOFC and GDS...stopped checking after two) were by "Maximus."

2. Jbmagic's announcement of Maximus's death came under VERY suspicious circumstances as well.

Here's the timeline, with links:

1. "Deitrus" posts at the Madden forums of Maximus's "death." (11/12/'05)
2. (same link as above). The thread at Madden dies after five days.
3. (also same link as above). jbmagic, who had not posted at Madden in over two months, finds the thread more than four days after it was dead, and posts his condolences. This would appear at the time to be a search worthy of sovereignstar's respect, especially considering that (as of the time of this post), jb hasn't visited that forum since.
4. Minutes after reading the post at the Madden forum, jb posts it at FOFC, and word quickly spreads to GDS and OOTP as well.

Forgive me if I found the circumstances of jb's discovery of a four-day-old thread at a forum that he rarely visits to be just a little suspicious. His story is sad, but believable, and here's how I strongly suspect things went down:

1. Maximus gets fed up with FOFC (as detailed in his final post) decides to no longer be "Maximus" any longer, and to make folks here feel guilty about how "wronged" he's been.
2. He uses his other account at Madden to post about his death, knowing how cynical FOFCers would be if magically such a notice appeared here, and how doggedly I'd pursue the IP address of whomever posted it.
3. He contacts the ONE person gullible enough and attention-hungry enough to post of his "death" at FOFC with no investigation and no questions asked: jbmagic. He directs jbmagic to the thread at Madden, knowing that he can count on jb to do the rest.

The other option, of course, is that jb is in on the ruse, but based on his responses to me, I don't tend to think so any more.
I gave him too much credit, apparently, because my line of thinking up until confronting jb privately last night was "NO one would be dumb enough to post that with no questions asked and without even hinting that they might doubt the veracity of it." (Heck, the Horns "firing" was MUCH less serious than someone DYING, and I peppered my post about it with if-this-is-trues left and right.)

There's your beans.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:57 AM   #144
Subby
lolzcat

Respect.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 08:05 AM   #145
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

Ace Ventura: Ho ho ho Hooooooooooooo! Fiction can be fun, but I find the reference section a little more enlightening. For instance, if you were to look up the NFL's "All Time Bonehead Plays," you might read about a Miami Dolphin kicker named Ray Finkel who missed a 27-yeard field goal in the closing seconds of Super Bowl XVII.
[takes deep breath]
Ace Ventura: What you wouldn't read about was how Ray Finkel lost his mind was committed to a mental hospital only to escape and join the police force under the assumed identity of a missing hiker manipulating his way to the top in a diabolical scheme to get even with Dan Marino for whom he blamed the entire thing!
[takes another deep, relief breath]

I figured it was approriate... though I still don't see what that has to do with banning JB or taking away his edit button - if anything he's just foolish and everyone has ignore buttons including mod/admins.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 08:12 AM   #146
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deattribution
though I still don't see what that has to do with banning JB or taking away his edit button - if anything he's just foolish and everyone has ignore buttons including mod/admins.

Agreed.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:13 AM   #147
Critch
lolzcat

I've got boards that I visit infrequently where it would take 4 days for me to spot a thread. And if I noticed a 4 day old thread that was about a member of this board dying, I'd probably mention it here too.

Does that mean I'm Maximus too? I never realized.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 08:16 AM   #148
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch
I've got boards that I visit infrequently where it would take 4 days for me to spot a thread. And if I noticed a 4 day old thread that was about a member of this board dying, I'd probably mention it here too.

Does that mean I'm Maximus too? I never realized.
Exactly where did I say that I suspected that jbmagic was Maximus???
Old 02-15-2006, 08:18 AM   #149
Ben E Lou

Quote:
I figured it was approriate... though I still don't see what that has to do with banning JB or taking away his edit button - if anything he's just foolish and everyone has ignore buttons including mod/admins.
If I had proof that jbmagic was involved in this ruse, then you'd better dadgum well believe that he'd be banned immediately, and if you can't see what that has to do with banning jb, then maybe maximus should have contacted you to repost the ruse for him.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:18 AM   #150
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
though I still don't see what that has to do with banning JB or taking away his edit button - if anything he's just foolish and everyone has ignore buttons including mod/admins.

++

an impressive bit of detective work though. I can see now why you would have wanted to keep that close to the vest.