Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-03-2003, 06:33 PM   #101
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Recruiting Targets:
We have 3 graduating seniors (Bailey, Anderson, Bullock) so 3 scholarships to hand out. After years of looking for guards, we're very desperate for forwards this year. Very desperate. Without Bailey or Anderson next year, we might very well have to run a three guard set. Unless we find some gems in recruiting, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen. Last year's recruiting class, while solid, was a major disappointment to me. I'll need another Bailey-type recruit to keep up our success. For 2006-07 our initial targets are:

1. Keith Clemmons SF (6-3. 171) 4* out of Seattle, WA. He is ranked #9 for SF, #71 Overall, and #22 in the West. He won't make you forget the name Roy Bailey, but he could be a starter here next year. No interest in us however. HS stats 15.0 Ppg, 9.9 Rpg, 2.7 Apg.

2. John McCrary SF (6-6, 166) 3* out of Cody, WY. Ranked #35 SF, #48 in the west, #171 overall, John has good skills, but isn't really on the same level as Clemmons. No interest in us, again. HS Stats 14.3 Ppg, 2.8 Rpg, 3.4 Apg.

3. Marcus Williams PF (6-5, 179) 3* out of Honolulu, HI. Ranked #41 PF, #51 in the West, #183 Overall, Marcus has very good HS stats. With his size he might make a better SF for us, but recruiting to Hawaii is expensive, I'd hate to waste all the money if he doesn't commit. He has pretty high initial interest, however. HS Stats ( 28.7 Ppg, 1.4 Rpg, 5.2 Apg)

4. Martin Palmore PF (6-7, 206) 4* out of Adams, ND. Ranked #24 PF, #34 in the West, #106 Overall. A very smart kid with tons of potential, and has already shortlisted EWU. He would fit in very nicely here. HS Stats 13.7 Ppg, 7.0 Rpg, 4.2 Apg.

5. Lee Black PG (6-1, 173) 3* out of Madison, SD. Ranked #98 in the West, Black is a 4.00 Gpa student with some nice HS stats. We're guard heavy, and will be for a couple of years, but he might be able to make an impact at EWU. He has a high initial interest. HS Stats 20.5 Ppg, 1.7 Rpg, 3.4 Apg.

What I would like is to get Palmore and Williams (convert to SF) on board early, and then go after Clemmons. Failing to land Clemmons, I'd pick up Black. It might be difficult to go after all four of them though, which is why I'd need Palmore and Williams to commit early. I'd be very happy with Clemmons, Palmore, and Williams as my commitments this year.

I decide that's the strategy I'll go for, and Clemmons, Palmore, and Williams all get aggressive efforts. I also offer a light effort to a local PF, Dusty Griffin, since I was left with $400 and unable to spend it on any of my initial targets. I also offer Palmore and Williams scholarships, in a hope to get them to commit early. I'll have to lessen the efforts in the comming weeks to offer visits to Palmore and Williams, however.
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 06:45 PM   #102
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Season Outlook: We've dominated the Big Sky for the last four years, and we have increased the gap between us and the other contenders this year so much that another Big Sky Title is the most likely conclusion. Anything less than our 5th straight title and 2nd straight Tournament win would be disappointing for this squad.

With Anderson in the back court, and the continued improvement of Bullock, I'll confidently go with a High Post offense this year, and with an increase in our offensive skill rely on the motion in times of trouble. We will generally run a quicker tempo as well as looking to the outside for more shots then we've done in previous years. The best defensive team in the Big Sky Conference last year, we've greatly improved in that area as well, and will likely use straight man against conference and weaker opponents, showing looks at specific zones to counter any problem areas.

This is the first team that is entirely my own, and the best team we have ever fielded. However, with the loss of Bailey and Bullock, and with no foreseeable replacements, this is probably our last year of Big Sky dominance.

Last edited by klayman : 04-04-2003 at 02:24 AM.
Old 04-04-2003, 05:00 PM   #103
klayman
College Benchwarmer

We offer Palmore a visit in Week 2 along with aggressive effort, and continue our aggressive effort with Willaims. Both players continue to have high interest in EWU, and Palmore looks close to making a decision. That takes up most of our funds for the week however, and Clemmons only gets a light effort, which probably puts us out of the running with him. We offer him a scholarship nevertheless.

Game 1: Wichita State Shockers (0-0) @ EWU Eagles (0-0)
We are the favorites with a 4-1 starter advantage as well. We start off on a 19-4 run, before losing our offensive momentum and leading WSU back in the game. We due keep up enough pressure to gain a 10 point lead at the break however, with a 42-32 advantage. Both Zinn and Bailey pick up early 4th fouls, so we’re forced to go to the bench for most of the 2nd. The bench does surprisingly well, led by Kevan Price’s 16 points, and we cruise to the easy 91-71 win. Anderson led the starters with 20 and 11 boards, while Price, Zinn, and Bullock all hit double digits in scoring.

Game 2: EWU Eagles (1-0) @ Miami Hurricanes (0-1)
Miami is the favorites although we hold a 3-2 starter advantage. The Hurricanes run out to a quick lead, and thanks to a 7-15 from 3pt range in the half, hold it comfortable throughout the 1st half. Bailey and Price combine for a 20 points, most late in the half to close the gap to 7, 46-39 at the break. Zinn and Winn (hehe) both find themselves in foul trouble early, so Holley and Price eat up valuable mins in the 2nd half. We narrow the difference to 3 points early in the 2nd half, but it is as close as we come on the night, as Miami just teases us into a 75-83 defeat. Bailey and Price led the Eagles with 17 each, while Eddie Anderson had another strong game with 16 in the losing effort.
Old 04-04-2003, 05:05 PM   #104
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Kevan Price wins Big Sky Freshman of the Week, and I should say so. His week’s statline reads 16.5 PPG, 4.5 APG, 1.0 SPG, +15, 63.2% FG%, 81.8% FT%.

Week 3 brings the unexplained drop off in player interest, as both Williams and Palmore lose interest in EWU despite 2 weeks of aggressive effort. Clemmons tells me he has a verbal with USC. And if they don’t want him, he has Syracuse offering a scholarship. No way that I can compete against those two schools, so Clemmons is dropped from our list. He’s replaced with a 4* C out of San Jose, CA named Rod Bailey. Bailey seems to be waiting on an offer from Long Bench State that hopefully will never come. Williams gets an aggressive effort and a visit, which despite his drop in interest, he still accepts. Bailey and Palmore both receive moderate effort. After Williams’ visit, we should be able to offer all three players aggressive efforts in the coming weeks.
Old 04-16-2003, 05:39 PM   #105
RealDeal
High School Varsity

bump
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 08:49 PM   #106
Nyarlahotep
College Benchwarmer

Yeah, I've been missing this dynasty.
Nyarlahotep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 01:48 AM   #107
klayman
College Benchwarmer

sorry guys, I'll get back to after finals are over in a couple of weeks.
Old 04-17-2003, 08:39 AM   #108
Nyarlahotep
College Benchwarmer

No problem. You said you'd be busy for a while. Good luck with exams.
Nyarlahotep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 06:29 PM   #109
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Nyarlahotep: Too bad I needed more than luck. Thanks anyway.

Dynasty continued in a new thread here.