Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-09-2006, 11:57 PM   #101
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

That tribal was sad. I think that tribal council was the most congenial one I've ever seen. La Mina is way too nice. I hate that it now looks like Casaya are going to have the numbers when they merge.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:03 AM   #102
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

But the good news is that tribe is like a bunch of individuals with no real unity. They will jump alliances very quickly.

Plus, think how this could optentially work out post merger. 6-4 and the other tribe decides that they just cannot take Shane anymore and figure they have numbers anyway so get rid of him. Now it's 5-4 and then the idol that Terry found could come into play. Say he tells his tribemates about it and says, let them vote for me and we'll even this thing out. Now it's 4-4 and suddenly anyone's game.

Not saying that's how it would go, but it's not entirely out the realm of possibility.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:05 AM   #103
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: Hated to see Dan go but that may have been a good move by Terry. If he goes for the 2-2 tie and Dan ends up going home, he now is the odd man out who voted against one of the other two guys where now he is showing solidarity.

I thought for sure they were going to win that challenge with the lead they had before trying to solve it.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:31 AM   #104
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan
But the good news is that tribe is like a bunch of individuals with no real unity. They will jump alliances very quickly.

Plus, think how this could optentially work out post merger. 6-4 and the other tribe decides that they just cannot take Shane anymore and figure they have numbers anyway so get rid of him. Now it's 5-4 and then the idol that Terry found could come into play. Say he tells his tribemates about it and says, let them vote for me and we'll even this thing out. Now it's 4-4 and suddenly anyone's game.

Not saying that's how it would go, but it's not entirely out the realm of possibility.

I don't see Sally staying with the La Mina faction at the merge though. Once they merge, I see her jumping to the women. I guess the La Mina guys could grab Shane and Bruce. Shane can not trust that the rest of Casaya will be keeping him and Bruce has been an outcast the entire game.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:15 AM   #105
saldana
Pro Starter

i think i dislike casaya more than any other tribe i have ever seen...there is not one person in that entire group that i like.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 05:16 AM   #106
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
i think i dislike casaya more than any other tribe i have ever seen...there is not one person in that entire group that i like.

I liked Bobby before they voted him out.

Last night's tribal was pretty good. Even though Jeff tried to make something there and failed miserably at instigating "good TV", the men were open and honest about things. I liked the fact that Dan wasn't blindsided and that Terry was a man about voting him out.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 08:15 AM   #107
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Casaya is awful. Possibly the worst tribe of all time. The only redeeming feature is Cyrie, who could end up being the most interesting female contestant the show has ever had. She cracks me up everytime she speaks, and she really seems to understand the game well.

The producers really need to get away from their cliche of "open the show with the person who is getting voted off sitting by themselves and 'taking in' the experience". As soon as they showed Dan at the start of the show and he talked about how great the experience was, my wife said "Oh no, he's gone tonight". He might as well have pulled out a muslim prayer mat while he was it. Keep this in mind for the inevitable show-opening montage of Bruce meditating -- you know it's coming.

The tribal last night seemed too simple. While they were counting votes, I wondered out loud if the two young guys would be smart enough to know that since Terry was voting for Dan and Dan was voting for one of them, they could both vote Terry and take probably their only opportunity to get him out of the game. It would have been a brilliant move, and when Terry responded by pulling out the immunity idol it would have been among the great moments in show history. Alas, it was not to be.

I've wathced every minute of every episode, and I honestly have no idea who the 'other' young guy is, by the way. There's Austin, there's Terry, there was Dan, and then there's the other guy. Does he have a name? Has he done anything? Does he speak? Does the fact that we're six episodes in and the producers haven't featured him at all mean that he makes the final two?
Old 03-10-2006, 12:08 PM   #108
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The other guy's name on that team is... uh ... I have no freaking idea either.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:44 PM   #109
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

it's Aras, the dude who got pissed at Bruce for making a rock garden...

FM
Old 03-10-2006, 12:51 PM   #110
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

dola, just realized that the other guy that ML is talking about is the other in the current alliance of four, the guy that was talking with Dan on the raft, right? iirc, it's Nick, no? Could be anything to be honest

FM
Old 03-10-2006, 12:55 PM   #111
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I know Aras from the other team. Can't think of the 4th guy from that alliance though. Could be Nick, sounds as good as any other guess.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:59 PM   #112
saldana
Pro Starter

it is nick
Old 03-10-2006, 01:04 PM   #113
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
think about how it went when they were looking at the video he sent in with his application, video in which he probably kept lighting a new one every 15 seconds or so. They really must have gone "Man, we need this dude, he'll simply go crazy out there!"

FM

quoting myself about Shane. Think about the crew thinking of what kind of reward they would give the team: "Oh, we should send them to this little village. One villager out of two smokes, this'll drive him crazy, he'll have a smoke or a dozen and the habit will kick right back in. GOOD TV!!!"

FM
Old 03-31-2006, 12:12 AM   #114
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Just as you found out his name, boom goes the dynamite.

Who needs Isaac Newton and apples when you have Cirie hanging upside down?

It's a shame that Bruce didn't switch, I hate the Casaya tribe.

I don't understand why the preview for next week is mentioning Terry giving his idol to someone else. It won't help his side because it is now 6-3 and giving it would only make it 5-3. It would only have worked if Bruce switched and he used it to save Nick.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:01 AM   #115
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I was hoping that Bruce would switch, I can't stand the people on that tribe and it looks like that's who we'll be stuck with.

I think that it may make sense for Terry to now let the idea that he may have the idol come out. That may help keep him on longer as they may not want to vote for him if it's going to mean that one of them will be at risk if he whips out the idol after his name is revealed.

I hope they have a challenge coming up where the players chose who to attempt to eliminate. That usually shows the pecking order and gets the fringe people thinking about turning.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:46 AM   #116
Fouts
College Starter

They treat Bruce like crap for days and then he votes with them. Crazy.

If Terry hadn't won that immunity, it would have been interesting to see what happened. I'm not sure Bruce would have voted against Terry. Throwing that challenge may have been his best chance.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 05:00 AM   #117
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
Throwing that challenge may have been his best chance.
I agree. I thought he should have held on as long as possible, and then gotten 2nd place on the challenge, showing he gave it his all. Then they would attempt to vote him out, but Shane would be voted out instead. That would have made it 5-4 and given them a much better chance to break up the alliance of 5, especially without Shane there. He seemed to be a pretty big cheerleader for their team.

At 6-3, I don't see how they'll pull it out.

This seems as if it's a new season because of the 3 week layoff. As it stands right now, I'm pulling for Terry, Austin, and the socks chick. I don't want anyone else to win.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:36 AM   #118
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
I don't understand why the preview for next week is mentioning Terry giving his idol to someone else. It won't help his side because it is now 6-3 and giving it would only make it 5-3. It would only have worked if Bruce switched and he used it to save Nick.

He was talking to the girls in that shot. He's trying to get the two young girls to switch away from Shane and join his group.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:45 AM   #119
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

It would have been absolutely high-larious if Terry protected Nick last night thus sending home Shane. Imagine that.. but he ruined his chance.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 01:44 PM   #120
Raiders Army
Coordinator

*speculation on next week's preview*

I was just thinking after watching the preview, it would be cool if Terry pretended he gave the immunity idol to one of the people in the other tribe to get them to switch. They wouldn't know which one had it and it would induce extreme amounts of paranoia. We know he tells Sally stockings about the immunity idol. We also know that the other tribe become fractured (at least according to the previews). Could this be it?
Old 03-31-2006, 02:13 PM   #121
kingfc22
Head Coach

Damn, that Casaya tribe is annoying. I just have this eerie feeling that somehow Cerie wins this thing by flying under the radar until the very end and having her tribe blow up around her.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:26 PM   #122
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I think Terry wins it. If everyone knows/thinks he has the idol, they won't vote for him, 'cause then he decides who goes home that episode. Who'll take one for the team? And he can just keep winning a fair number of immunities as well. He'd have to lose two of them AND have enough people willing to vote for him and risk being the one who goes home instead to knock him out. They can pick off his allies, but he has a ton of power right now.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:40 PM   #123
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I also thought Terry should have thrown the immunity challenge. Hey may have lost his individual immunity, but he would have knocked Shane out and messed up their tribe. I'm guessing that Bruce would have flipped with a few more days around Terry and not Shane.

If Terry makes it known that he has the idol, the other tribe will pick off his tribe until there are two left, arrange a 3-3 vote against the other two, vote for Terry on the tie-breaker, have him lose the idol and vote off the other member.

I'm not sure how Terry is going to make this work for him.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 02:54 PM   #124
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
I'm not sure how Terry is going to make this work for him.

Keep winning immunity
Old 03-31-2006, 02:59 PM   #125
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack
Keep winning immunity

That would certainly help, but he is bound to slip up eventually. Using the individual immunity to get his tribe ahead would probably serve him better than using it to try to stay alive on his own.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 09:22 PM   #126
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Was at my parent's house last week and they had this on briefly. We all made the comment about the lack of sunburns and insect bites on the "contestants". Shouldn't they have made that less obvious?
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 09:28 PM   #127
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
Was at my parent's house last week and they had this on briefly. We all made the comment about the lack of sunburns and insect bites on the "contestants". Shouldn't they have made that less obvious?
i guess you didnt see the part where they were all hangin upside down...they guys legs were ghostly white when their shorts fell up. as for the bug bites, you see them in the closeups all the time
Old 04-02-2006, 09:38 PM   #128
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
Not sure about sunburns, but some of the girls have insect bites that are disgusting. Entire legs covered with red bumps and rashes.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:44 AM   #129
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Finally got around to watching last week's episode.

One of the things I find interesting about Survivor is that the producers follow a very strict set of rules. If you've watched for a while, you're used to the various aspects of the show that are always the same -- the pacing, the pattern, the order of the challenges, Jeff's various catch phrases, etc. There actually seems to be far more structure and order to the show than most, which sort of gives the show a very unique "feel".

This week was that the producers broke two of their own rules (for the first time, as far as I can tell):

- They used footage in the previous week's "Scenes from the next Survivor" that weren't actually in the show -- the medical team shots, which never appeared in the episode. The scenes from next week are always set up to be as dramatic as possible, to the point of being misleading, but they've always used actual show footage.

- They used instant replay for the machete incident. This has always been sort of interesting, since so much of the show involves physical competition -- think of all the close finishes, rules violations, physical confrontations, etc. They've never shown something twice, up to and include Mike falling into a fire pit. I wonder if they'll start doing it now.

The latter is especially interesting
Old 04-07-2006, 06:25 PM   #130
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

The producers must hate Cirie. First challenge is an endurance challenge and then she has to dig a hole big enough for her to fit through.

Bruce sucks.

Looks like Terry will have to go on an immunity streak to win this. Good news though is that he has been winning them and the 6 keep voting out the people that actually challenge him.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:02 PM   #131
kingfc22
Head Coach

I was really hoping to see a flop by Bruce and Danielle. It would be nice for a change to see the chumps on the larger tribe finally switch to the weaker tribe to advance further in the game.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:22 PM   #132
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
I was really hoping to see a flop by Bruce and Danielle. It would be nice for a change to see the chumps on the larger tribe finally switch to the weaker tribe to advance further in the game.

I think they didn't flop because Bruce, Danielle, Cirie, and Courtney are planning to take out Shane and Aras once they get down to their 6, so they've got final 4 instead of final 5. Once they get rid of Sally, they'll be 4-on-3 even if Terry joins the other 2 guys.

And now that Terry has let everyone else know he's got the idol, he's in good shape as they won't vote for him even if he loses immunity, 'cause they're better off selecting someone to go rather than letting him choose. He's pretty much guaranteed final four at this point, if not final 3.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:53 PM   #133
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Exactly because he has the idol they have to vote for him at the first opportunity.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 02:20 PM   #134
FBPro
College Starter

Does anyonelse think Shane is one of the biggest meatballs to ever be on the show besides me? They should have voted him off the week he was asking to be voted off....
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 02:33 PM   #135
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBPro
Does anyonelse think Shane is one of the biggest meatballs to ever be on the show besides me? They should have voted him off the week he was asking to be voted off....
I agree, but he's definitely entertaining to watch.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:35 PM   #136
FBPro
College Starter

I'm curious how many psych. meds he's on or will be put on once the show ends....
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 02:37 PM   #137
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I'm amazed Shane has lasted because he's clearly a complete dick to be around. But as far as leadership and understanding of the game, he's actually a very good player. He's basically taken on the role of being the guy in charge of keeping the alliance together and he's done a brilliant job.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:42 PM   #138
Swaggs
Coordinator

I also imagine that Shane is the person that most of the other players would like to be in the final two with, since he has not done the best job of making friends.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 12:18 PM   #139
Mota
College Benchwarmer

I have to say that Terry is one of the most dominating players from an immunity standpoint, but one of the most pathetic from a strategic standpoint. By not using the idol in the last 2 weeks to save one of his own, they are now hopelessly outnumbered and he would just earn himself 3 extra days by using it. If he had saved his teammate last week, it could have flipped the numbers and as a group they would have stood a chance to survive until the final few.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 01:33 PM   #140
Barkeep49
Coordinator

If Terry had given it up last week it would have been 5-4 with Shane gone and I think Bruce would have flipped at that point. I agree that Terry's strategic game seems to be pretty poor despite his indvidual toughness.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:48 PM   #141
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Remember though, Terry has to give the idol up before the tribal council. He can't just hand it to whoever is voted out. My guess is that he gave it to Sally last week, hoping they'd assume Austin had it and vote for her.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:53 PM   #142
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs
Remember though, Terry has to give the idol up before the tribal council. He can't just hand it to whoever is voted out. My guess is that he gave it to Sally last week, hoping they'd assume Austin had it and vote for her.
It seemed that Austin was pretty clearly the person they were going to vote out. There also was no mention of Austin knowing Terry had the idol so I don't think Sally secretly had it, especially judging by her reaction this week. Could be clever editing, I suppose, but still doesn't ring true.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:09 AM   #143
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Looks like we get Terry vs the hateable six.

Courtney seemed to be very comfortable that if Terry went on to the final, Casaya would vote as a block for the remaining final Casaya member. I hope that will not be the case.

From the preview it looks like Bruce may be going out on a medical. Of course CBS ran that preview before and all we got was Bruce chipping his tooth from the machete.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:29 AM   #144
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Go Terry.

Maybe Cirie is the only pseudo-likeable person left other than Terry. If I were Terry, I'd act as cocky and arrogant as I could. That might keep him around (to go against in the final 2) if he loses two immunity challenges. Also, I think I'd get tired of their "six" BS and push back in whatever way I could.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:18 AM   #145
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

It'll be interesting to see how Terry approaches trying to fracture the G6. As long as he keeps winning immunities, he can allow the group to tear itself up at-will and as long as he holds the idol, he can also control who could go out if he doesn't win immunity (since presumably they'd all vote for him).
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 09:25 AM   #146
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Was anyone else like WTF when we found out he isn't keeping the idol on him? I wonder if it can be stolen.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:27 AM   #147
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Was anyone else like WTF when we found out he isn't keeping the idol on him? I wonder if it can be stolen.

I had that reaction when I saw the girl going through his bag. It's everybody for themselves in this game and I'm sure anybody could steal it, although they'd have a hard time winning over the jury at the end, but people could see this as great gamesmanship in some strange ways...

FM
Old 04-14-2006, 03:07 PM   #148
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
Looks like we get Terry vs the hateable six.

Courtney seemed to be very comfortable that if Terry went on to the final, Casaya would vote as a block for the remaining final Casaya member. I hope that will not be the case.

I think the history shows this is not likely. At some point the group of six will have to cannibalize itself, and feelings will get hurt. Someone is going to end up hating someone.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 03:12 PM   #149
jbmagic
Pro Starter

I think next season they need t change the format.

Instead of two or three teams like in past seasons, they need to make it one team only.

The way it is now if you have the numbers when the merge comes that team usually votes off the other team.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 03:17 PM   #150
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
I think next season they need t change the format.

Instead of two or three teams like in past seasons, they need to make it one team only.

The way it is now if you have the numbers when the merge comes that team usually votes off the other team.
Not necessarily. I think it's really a rare situation when your original tribe stays together like they have. I really didn't see it coming since pre-merge they acted like a bunch of idiots (at least what we were shown).

If they had one huge tribe, what would be the real difference between then and now? I mean, they're always going to have some alliances.