Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-07-2006, 06:42 PM   #101
MIJB#19
Coordinator

I had a hard time to even find a reason to justice the Redskins win. Although, if the Buccaneers can't even win with my magical help, then they're not worthy...
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 06:44 PM   #102
Logan
Head Coach

Mark Brunell's hair looked fantastic in the post-game.

Guess he didn't get sweaty or anything, only throwing for 26 yards.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 06:44 PM   #103
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan
Mark Brunell's hair looked fantastic in the post-game.

Guess he didn't get sweaty or anything, only throwing for 26 yards.

Where is the QOTM thread.
Old 01-07-2006, 06:45 PM   #104
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
Why to throw to the end zone again? why not a 10 yards pass?

I screamed at my wife saying the same thing. She said, 'what are you yelling at me for?'

When the Bucs got the ball back, I told Simms specifically not to throw an INT and when he did, I screamed at my wife saying, 'didn't I tell him not to throw an INT?' She said, 'maybe he didn't hear you.' F'n Longhorn Bastard.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 06:52 PM   #105
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF
Isn't Madden doing the Pats game? That's like going from bad to still bad.

I don't mind Madden as long as the game is close. It's during blow-outs that he and Michaels are really bad. Besides, the ESPN team is hands down the worst. Unlistenable.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 06:53 PM   #106
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
I don't mind Madden as long as the game is close. It's during blow-outs that he and Michaels are really bad. Besides, the ESPN team is hands down the worst. Unlistenable.

Agreed on all counts.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 06:54 PM   #107
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
I screamed at my wife saying the same thing. She said, 'what are you yelling at me for?'

When the Bucs got the ball back, I told Simms specifically not to throw an INT and when he did, I screamed at my wife saying, 'didn't I tell him not to throw an INT?' She said, 'maybe he didn't hear you.' F'n Longhorn Bastard.
You should have let me do it, maybe I would have been able to get him to hear it. Or maybe not, only the Buccs defense heard my 'prayers' it seems. They heard the warning for Portis, heard it when I said they had to make the INT. But when I whipsered to make the td, the ball ended up being dropped in the end zone.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 06:54 PM   #108
Dutch
"Dutch"

Well, I'm obviously disappointed in the outcome, but I thought the Bucs did a great job keeping their composure after the 1st quarter. We all knew the Bucs were Super Bowl caliber, but what they did get was playoff experience in a bruising game for Chris Simms, Cadillac Williams, and Alex Smith.

Chris Simms "taunting" the defender...I am surprised how upsetting that is being received. Most defenders taunt offensive players (generally after the play is over). I enjoy it when offensive players cajole the defenders every once in a while, shows signs of life.

And if anybody ever spits in my face, I have the right to defend myself. To suggest that Michael Pittman should be thrown out of the game or given a penalty for being spit on is insane.

Anyway, I don't know if there are any Redskins fans on these boards, but your team played a fine defensive game on the road and definately deserve the right to move on. Congratulations to Redskins fans.

The Skins outplayed the Bucs today.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 06:57 PM   #109
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:

You should have had the game open in Madden so that you could diagram Simms' plays for her.
Old 01-07-2006, 06:58 PM   #110
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch
Well, I'm obviously disappointed in the outcome, but I thought the Bucs did a great job keeping their composure after the 1st quarter. We all knew the Bucs were Super Bowl caliber, but what they did get was playoff experience in a bruising game for Chris Simms, Cadillac Williams, and Alex Smith.

Chris Simms "taunting" the defender...I am surprised how upsetting that is being received. Most defenders taunt offensive players (generally after the play is over). I enjoy it when offensive players cajole the defenders every once in a while, shows signs of life.

And if anybody ever spits in my face, I have the right to defend myself. To suggest that Michael Pittman should be thrown out of the game or given a penalty for being spit on is insane.

Anyway, I don't know if there are any Redskins fans on these boards, but your team played a fine defensive game on the road and definately deserve the right to move on. Congratulations to Redskins fans.

not a 'Skins fan, but thanks for being a classy Bucs fan. My friend in Tampa is insisting that the referees gave the game to the 'Skins and is being a total bitch-baby about it.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 06:59 PM   #111
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
not a 'Skins fan, but thanks for being a classy Bucs fan. My friend in Tampa is insisting that the referees gave the game to the 'Skins and is being a total bitch-baby about it.

huh? I see no basis for that whatsoever.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 07:01 PM   #112
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Quote:

I never claimed him. I had four long years screaming to my wife the same thing. Welcome, rest of the world.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 07:01 PM   #113
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
huh? I see no basis for that whatsoever.

that's cuz he's an irrational whiney baby. he's saying that Arrington fumbled the ball and the Bucs player recovered at the end of it (arguing the down-by-contact) thing, and also arguing that the TD pass by Sims there at the end should have counted.

Suffice it to say he's not the most educated football fan. LOL
Old 01-07-2006, 07:02 PM   #114
Desnudo
Coordinator

dun, dun, dunna. MNF may generally have been crap, but I'm going to miss that.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:03 PM   #115
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
I'm not saying he's special, i just posted those stats in response to those who were acting like Alex Smith was out there.

Well, I have been a long time unabashed hater, but at least I am consistent. He is the only player in recent memory that I have disliked. For four years, I saw arrogance, mediocre play, and constant praise. He is all yours my friend.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 07:05 PM   #116
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
They say the word is that Taylor spit in Pittman's face, and that was the reason for the penalty.

EDIT: They just showed it again and you can see Taylor's head jerk forward a bit as if he did spit (couldn't see the spit...maybe someone with HDTV could see it? )

I have HDTV and didn't see spit. But that doesn't mean it wasn't there.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:05 PM   #117
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator
Well, I have been a long time unabashed hater, but at least I am consistent. He is the only player in recent memory that I have disliked. For four years, I saw arrogance, mediocre play, and constant praise. He is all yours my friend.

I think I recall all of that. Didn't Troy and HM go round and round on Simms? I saw nothing in Simms that would justify any arrogance.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:05 PM   #118
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch

1) It wasn't necessarily the taunt, it was doing it as he was running out of bounds. QB's should leave the taunting to the skill position guys. They just look idiotic doing it.

2) Ridiculous. The NFL isn't into making "judgement" decisions. If I'm an offensive linemen and you slam into my QB late, it doesn't give me the right to walk up and slap you. I do the penalties offset. The rules in this case aren't in gray or some sort of moral code.

A slap equals a 15 yard unsportsman like penalty. Period. It isn't written, a slap is a 15 yard penalty* where there are five situations it's ok to do it. It isn't.

I would have slapped him back as well. Hell, I may have went one further, I may have punched him. And if I did that, guess what? I'm ejected from the football game. Because a closed handed blow is an immediate ejection. No excuses.

Taylor is a punk and a jack ass who should be suspended for the rest of the playoffs if the spit did happen. What he did sickens me and should sicken ANY sports fan, regardless of team affiliation. But the Bucs most certainly should have been given a 15 yard penalty on that play.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 07:06 PM   #119
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator

I was honestly surprised he was drafted at all after his college career. He was pretty bad at Texas, iirc.

knives out
Old 01-07-2006, 07:07 PM   #120
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

That game would have crushed me if I was a Buc fan. Hell it was hard enough just cheering them on from a somewhat neutral stance. Not sure why i wanted them to win but that is who I rooted for. Loren was going for the Redskins, so we were yelling at each other on the so-called non-touchdown pass. I guess it was a dropped ball, but I didn't want to give her the satisfaction so easily.

Great defensive game to watch though. The playoffs are off to a good start. I just wish the Skins played the Bears next week, I think they could knock them off.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:09 PM   #121
st.cronin
General Manager

PATRIOTS!!!!!!

knives out
Old 01-07-2006, 07:10 PM   #122
Buccaneer
Head Coach

This is going to be like watching the Varsity game now that the JV game (league) is done.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:13 PM   #123
Desnudo
Coordinator

Nick Kazur has some crazy eyes.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:13 PM   #124
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

could that clown of an umpire have made any less of an effort to fucking duck?
Old 01-07-2006, 07:14 PM   #125
st.cronin
General Manager

I can't get a grip on Byron Leftwich. Is he any good or not? He always seems like he plays really well, but the numbers are never quite there.

knives out
Old 01-07-2006, 07:16 PM   #126
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I can't get a grip on Byron Leftwich. Is he any good or not? He always seems like he plays really well, but the numbers are never quite there.

he's definately firmly in that 10-20 range in terms of best QB's. not good enough to make a pro bowl or win a championship, but not bad enough to spend another high draft pick on a QB.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:16 PM   #127
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
could that clown of an umpire have made any less of an effort to fucking duck?

done with the case of beer already?
Old 01-07-2006, 07:16 PM   #128
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer
done with the case of beer already?

no beer here. just looked like he made very little effort to get out of the way. and yeah i suppose it was coming at him pretty damm fast. just pissed me off.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:19 PM   #129
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:

Numbers aren't so bad this year. 7 yards per pass attempt, 15 TD's against 5 INT's in 11 games. 90 QB rating. He's in his third year and he's gotten better every year. I think he's good. I think he'll be top ten good next year.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:21 PM   #130
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
no beer here. just looked like he made very little effort to get out of the way. and yeah i suppose it was coming at him pretty damm fast. just pissed me off.

That's what I am saying, you finished it. "All gone, none here."

And I could tell it pissed you off. I can't understand well enough right now though, my team is sitting at home with no coach and no idea who is at QB or RB next year.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:21 PM   #131
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:

Yeah, I'm sure on a cold night like this, that was the goal. Get nailed in the face by a Tom Brady pass. That's exactly how I'd like to open up the game.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:23 PM   #132
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
But the Bucs most certainly should have been given a 15 yard penalty on that play.

If the referee's would ever change their bias to punishing the aggressor more than the retaliator, I would agree, but the reality is they usually don't see the aggressor's misdemeanor.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:24 PM   #133
Desnudo
Coordinator

It's a Colts/NFL conspiracy. I have no doubt.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:25 PM   #134
TroyF
Coordinator

Can someone explain how that wasn't a holding on the second down play? Either the Jags lineman was running in quicksand or the center was yanking on the jersey. The field isn't that bad. Doesn't matter, because they would have declined the penalty anyway. Still, interesting to see.

The Jags are getting very good pressure on Brady without having to blitz. One scramble for a few yards and one sack with just four man rushes. NE needs to adjust, or they won't move the ball consistently.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:26 PM   #135
st.cronin
General Manager

Ben Watson, grrrrrrr

knives out
Old 01-07-2006, 07:27 PM   #136
st.cronin
General Manager

ADAM VINATIERI!!!!!!!!!!

knives out
Old 01-07-2006, 07:27 PM   #137
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:

I've met my share of Buc fans like that. And being in the military, I've met my share of whininy NFL fans from all over the league.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:27 PM   #138
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

oooh. that was an amusingly great play. Make the Jags drive 95+ yards for a TD.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:28 PM   #139
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

No INT. His hands bounce it up to his chest, and then goes from there and hits the ground.

Still, I hate the whistle. "Play no reviewable because it was blown dead" is one of the things I hate to hear the most during any game.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:28 PM   #140
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Can someone explain how that wasn't a holding on the second down play? Either the Jags lineman was running in quicksand or the center was yanking on the jersey. The field isn't that bad. Doesn't matter, because they would have declined the penalty anyway. Still, interesting to see.

The Jags are getting very good pressure on Brady without having to blitz. One scramble for a few yards and one sack with just four man rushes. NE needs to adjust, or they won't move the ball consistently.

They moved it pretty well on that drive, just needed Watson to make a catch.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:29 PM   #141
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
ADAM VINATIERI!!!!!!!!!!

I was going to say something about that play in my last post, then realized I didn't remember how to spell his name.

Great play by him though

Last edited by Cringer : 01-07-2006 at 07:30 PM.
Cringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 07:29 PM   #142
st.cronin
General Manager

lol @ the announcers calling Fred Taylor 'a horse'

knives out
Old 01-07-2006, 07:31 PM   #143
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

way to go Vrabel!!!

and while I'm at it...how is he not Pro Bowl? How are the Pats only sending 2 guys to the Pro Bowl this year???
Old 01-07-2006, 07:31 PM   #144
Desnudo
Coordinator

Hell of a tackle.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:32 PM   #145
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
They moved it pretty well on that drive, just needed Watson to make a catch.

They did. And Brady will make some plays. Doesn't matter how well you are playing.

But consistently? No. If the Pats don't do a better job of blocking, not only will they not move the ball consistently, the Jags are going to get the turnovers they need to win the football game.

The Pats need to protect him better.

As for the Jags, it's the polar opposite. They are protecting Leftwich incredibly well. NE isn't getting close with their four man rush. But Leftwich hasn't made them pay once. And Taylor MUST get a first down on that play. One on one against an LB needing a couple of yards, he has to make the play.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:32 PM   #146
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
way to go Vrabel!!!

and while I'm at it...how is he not Pro Bowl? How are the Pats only sending 2 guys to the Pro Bowl this year???

Have they ever sent a large contigent?
Old 01-07-2006, 07:34 PM   #147
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Have they ever sent a large contigent?

no. and that's true. but still, just Brady and (shit who was the other who's going...I forget). Seems pretty paltry. Vrabel definately deserves to go that's for sure.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:37 PM   #148
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

can't believe he stayed on his feet that long. WHOA! nice coverage by JAX though. wow.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:40 PM   #149
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
can't believe he stayed on his feet that long. WHOA! nice coverage by JAX though. wow.

LOL. I can't figure this out. The Jags rush four and they put all kinds of pressure on Brady early. They blitz and rush five and Brady has all day, with nobody to throw the ball to. Wow is right.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:40 PM   #150
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
no. and that's true. but still, just Brady and (shit who was the other who's going...I forget). Seems pretty paltry. Vrabel definately deserves to go that's for sure.

I think it's partly due to the voting wrapping up before the last few games of the season. If you think about, before the Bucs game, the Pats were basically considered dead and buried. Also, most players haven't played the full season. Finally, it's definitely a popularity contest. Look at some of o-line voting.