Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-17-2005, 03:48 PM   #101
Calis
College Starter

This is just another independent film about gay cowboys eating pudding.

It's nothing to get worked up about, it's what independent films are.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 03:56 PM   #102
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

BubbaWheels will only be happy when the world is devoid of people with different lifestyles/viewpoints/perspectives than him, and that is pretty sad.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:30 PM   #103
Bubba Wheels
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFriendlyUnitShifter
BubbaWheels will only be happy when the world is devoid of people with different lifestyles/viewpoints/perspectives than him, and that is pretty sad.

This is just what the liberal kool-aid drinker type like yourself would say about a person of my beliefs. But I don't think I have that anywhere in my posts, or that position is even what this thread was originally about.
Bubba Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 05:01 PM   #104
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

We know what the thread was about. Maybe you don't, but we do.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 05:04 PM   #105
Bubba Wheels
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
We know what the thread was about. Maybe you don't, but we do.

Well, I don't deny homosexual activity is pretty disgusting. Never denied it. So if you want to read that into every reference including those about media, be my guest.

I also find it interesting that anyone who does find homosexual activity to be disgusting is automatically considered 'unintelligent.' So I guess the mark of intelligence amongst liberals is to not find it disgusting. Quite the 'scientific' approach they use.

Last edited by Bubba Wheels : 12-17-2005 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:26 PM   #106
Easy Mac

I haven't seen anyone say that. I think the point of view that it is "wrong" is perhaps seen us unsocialized or uncaring, but not unintelligent. I haven't seen anyone say the activity itself isn't disgusting. Hell, as one of the liberals on the board, I even said in an earlier post in this thread that I don't find it appealing in the slightest, I do find the act disgusting. I also find it disgusting that obese people fool around, but just because I don't like to think about it, find it disgusting, or intend to partake in it makes it "wrong".
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 05:40 PM   #107
Bubba Wheels
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
I haven't seen anyone say that. I think the point of view that it is "wrong" is perhaps seen us unsocialized or uncaring, but not unintelligent. I haven't seen anyone say the activity itself isn't disgusting. Hell, as one of the liberals on the board, I even said in an earlier post in this thread that I don't find it appealing in the slightest, I do find the act disgusting. I also find it disgusting that obese people fool around, but just because I don't like to think about it, find it disgusting, or intend to partake in it makes it "wrong".

I disagree. I think alot of conservatives don't have a problem with homosexual activity as long as they don't have to be 'exposed' to it. If you want to make this a general rule regarding all sexual activity (keep it private) then so much the better.

But sex sells, and its used to sell products including movies, and as long as that happens it will be public. And the gay acivists then want to be able to be just as public as the heteros. But since the majority of the populance does think that homosexual behavior is either 1. disgusting 2. wrong or 3. both, then those pushing the behavior need a strategy to overcome this.

That strategy is obviously to attack the intelligence of those who would object to it being public, its almost knee-jerk in its reaction to those opposing it. Words like 'tolerance', and 'enlightenment' are thrown around to accomplish this with those opposed obviously not being either. You see the 'strategy' all the time, and to deny it just makes you look oblivious to it.

Last edited by Bubba Wheels : 12-17-2005 at 05:43 PM.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:07 PM   #108
Flasch186
Coordinator

while the "act" itself I may find disgusting...the choice someone make's to be gay or follow the lifestyle that they were born with, I do not find disgusting. THAT is the dilineation you have to understand. With your views, their choice means that they should be relegated to second class citizenship, mine doesnt EVENTHOUGH we both wouldnt want to see the homosexual act occur.

of course, you could say that it is another one of those devilish conspircies to try to undermine the Christian values we should all be espoused to follow.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 12-17-2005 at 06:07 PM.
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 06:15 PM   #109
Bubba Wheels
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186
while the "act" itself I may find disgusting...the choice someone make's to be gay or follow the lifestyle that they were born with, I do not find disgusting. THAT is the dilineation you have to understand. With your views, their choice means that they should be relegated to second class citizenship, mine doesnt EVENTHOUGH we both wouldnt want to see the homosexual act occur.

of course, you could say that it is another one of those devilish conspircies to try to undermine the Christian values we should all be espoused to follow.

It is wrong to influence young people by teaching and showing that homosexual behavior is 'mainstream' and 'acceptable.' Full grown adults are another matter. You say yourself that the behavior is or can be both a 'choice' or 'born with it,' and even conceeding both possibilities (though I think its all choice) to influence the young in that way before they can solidly make up their minds as adults is morally wrong, disgusting and perverse.

It is not 'mainstream' and should never be promoted that way. And if that makes you or someone feel like a 'second-class citizen', too bad.

Last edited by Bubba Wheels : 12-17-2005 at 06:17 PM.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:17 PM   #110
timmynausea
College Starter

I haven't seen Bubba this worked up since the gay sponge bob thing.

Last edited by timmynausea : 12-17-2005 at 06:20 PM.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 06:19 PM   #111
Bubba Wheels
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmynausea
I haven't seen Bubba this worked up since the gay spong bob thing.

Yeah, and I heard something pretty funny about Tinky Winky bending over in San Francisco somewheres.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:17 PM   #112
Desnudo
Coordinator

So another question would be: how many are planning on seeing this movie with a good buddy?
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 07:22 PM   #113
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Wheels
It is wrong to influence young people by teaching and showing that homosexual behavior is 'mainstream' and 'acceptable.' Full grown adults are another matter. You say yourself that the behavior is or can be both a 'choice' or 'born with it,' and even conceeding both possibilities (though I think its all choice) to influence the young in that way before they can solidly make up their minds as adults is morally wrong, disgusting and perverse.

It is not 'mainstream' and should never be promoted that way. And if that makes you or someone feel like a 'second-class citizen', too bad.

Thats ridiculous. Parent your own kids...there are lots of movies and TV shows about serial killers, drugs, gambling, premarital sex, etc. You love that right wing platform about personal responsibility and accountability but now its make sure to control whats on TV in case a kid watches it when the parents aren't looking (or dont care).

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 12-17-2005, 07:24 PM   #114
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
I'm all about seeing Brokeback Mountain, but i've also got a PSA for everyone:

Anne Hathaway's bare boobs are also on display numerous times in the movie Havoc that was just released straight-to-DVD (after sitting on the studio shelf for 2 years). It's a decent movie, not great, not bad, but it requires a little patience.

it's information like this that makes me not completely write you off. thanx.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 07:25 PM   #115
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Some of you people are weird.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:28 PM   #116
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Quote:

So all those gay people that knew from a very young age that something was different with them, were just confused individuals that just needed to be shown the light?

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 07:53 PM   #117
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
it's information like this that makes me not completely write you off. thanx.
I thought this was common knowledge and was the reason my Blockbuster had about 25 copies of a straight to DVD movie.

Anne Hathaway is lovely.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:58 PM   #118
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I will not raise my children "straight" or "gay" just like I wouldn't raise my children to be a certain religion. I will inform my children of the facts when they ask, or when the times is otherwise right.

There are too many things that are actually worth guiding children on to get caught up worrying about shielding them from homosexuality. Stealing is wrong, hurting other people is wrong, lying is the wrong, etc. Homosexuality is when two people of the same gender sexually stimulate one another. This country was rather puritan when it started, but society moves forward, and forcing your children to stay behind with you because you think you know everything is wrong.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:14 PM   #119
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Any world that tells me that "Bubba" is normal and the gay people I know are "disgusting" clearly has problems of its own.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 08:23 PM   #120
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'll probably catch this movie at some point, as I usualy enjoy non mainstream movies.

But they are promoting this thing as the "Great Gay Hope" and in turn are probably downplaying whatever acting talent and direction that is on display here.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 08:25 PM   #121
WVUFAN
College Starter

The tell-tale sign of America's "Acceptance" of the gay lifestyle is how well this film does. Hate to tell you, but a great many people, while wanting to remain politically correct, agree with Bubba's opinions. Bubba's just brave enough to express them.

I agree with him. I won't go see it, because I disagree with the lifestyle. Others want to see it, cool, but if this film dies a horrible death, it'd bring a smile to my face.
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 08:30 PM   #122
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN
The tell-tale sign of America's "Acceptance" of the gay lifestyle is how well this film does.

I don't know why you would say that. I would say the tell-tale sign of the success of Brokeback Mountain's marketing campaign as well as the percieved quality of the film is how well this film does.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 08:32 PM   #123
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
I don't know why you would say that. I would say the tell-tale sign of the success of Brokeback Mountain's marketing campaign as well as the percieved quality of the film is how well this film does.

Normally, I would agree with you on that, but there are certainly button-pushing aspects of a film that will push the film's bottom line, regardless of the quality of the movie. Again, speaking from the perspective of a mainly conservative area (West Virginia), people are not gonna see the words "Ang Lee" or "Oscar worthy". They'll see the words "gay cowboy" and stay away. In droves.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:34 PM   #124
timmynausea
College Starter

Wouldn't it be funny if gay people came on here and talked about how the box office numbers of a movie would prove or disprove America's acceptance of the heterosexual lifestyle? I guess we've already learned that America is pro both the 40 year old Virgin lifestyle and the Wedding Crasher lifestyle.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:46 PM   #125
Bad-example
College Starter

Sad, but there are closed-minded people that will attack this movie as "wrong" even though they have never seen it and have no real clue of its quality and what messages it might send. I will watch it when it comes to cable and make up my own mind about it.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 09:15 PM   #126
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-example
Sad, but there are closed-minded people that will attack this movie as "wrong" even though they have never seen it and have no real clue of its quality and what messages it might send. I will watch it when it comes to cable and make up my own mind about it.

If you wait for it on cable you will miss all the great love scenes

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 09:48 PM   #127
MrBigglesworth
College Starter

I live in PA, I have yet to see a single commercial for or preview of Brokeback Mountain, nor have I seen anyone associated with the movie appear on any of the shows I watch.

Quote:
No, that would be a another issue: How can Hollywood continue to make alot of money when they have been completely bankrupt of new ideas?
Quote:
Yes, I remember all the good press and great reviews that Passion of the Christ got, not to mention all of Mel Gibson's good press, seeing that particular movie grossed something like $340 million so far at least.
Sweet irony.
MrBigglesworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 10:11 PM   #128
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Normally, I would agree with you on that, but there are certainly button-pushing aspects of a film that will push the film's bottom line, regardless of the quality of the movie. Again, speaking from the perspective of a mainly conservative area (West Virginia), people are not gonna see the words "Ang Lee" or "Oscar worthy". They'll see the words "gay cowboy" and stay away. In droves.

Thats horsecrap in that it is contradictory to the premise of the thread. That it is being pushed as some big indie flick, so if its succesful (which it is looking like it will be money wise) its cuz of the huge unwarranted push (convenient) but if it fails it is symoblic of America's true feelings...so you get to play both convenient sides of the coin.

Ill reiterate that there are tons of movies and television and media that is stuff you wouldnt want your kids to grow up to be or emulate, serial killers, molesters, gamblers, thieves, etc. If a Movie is succesful that is about a serial killer then is that being supported or stepped upon by the general populace? I paid money to see Passion of the Christ, not to become a Christian but to see a film. I hope that most people can seperate the two...but what am I thinking...

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 12-17-2005, 10:11 PM   #129
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmynausea
Wouldn't it be funny if gay people came on here and talked about how the box office numbers of a movie would prove or disprove America's acceptance of the heterosexual lifestyle? I guess we've already learned that America is pro both the 40 year old Virgin lifestyle and the Wedding Crasher lifestyle.

GREAT POINT!!

but those that are closed minded and cannot change their thought...just in this thread alone I have changed my perspective that MOST everyone thinks Will & Grace is funny. My asssumption is wrong and I learned, evolved you might say....good luck with enlightening others to even the possibility that they might be wrong or ignorant.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 12-17-2005 at 10:13 PM.
Old 12-17-2005, 11:02 PM   #130
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Thats horsecrap in that it is contradictory to the premise of the thread. That it is being pushed as some big indie flick, so if its succesful (which it is looking like it will be money wise) its cuz of the huge unwarranted push (convenient) but if it fails it is symoblic of America's true feelings...so you get to play both convenient sides of the coin.
I've not heard the word "independant" or indie anywhere in relation to this movie (this is in stark contract to last year's Indie favorite, Sideways, which you heard the word every 2 seconds). This film is being pushed as a gay love story. As "enlightened" as you may like people to be, a great many people, quite a bit in the conservative areas of the country, just do not agree with the lifestyle, and are less than interested in watching a love story about them.

You can call it "close minded" as Flasch186 did, that's your option. I call it expressing a dislike for a particular lifestyle, and not having a desire to see this lifestyle celebrated.

Someone made a passing comparison from this to Passion of the Christ, so let's compare. Passion was TRULY an independent film (it was made with no financial backing from a studio AT ALL, while Brokeback Mountain had one behind it). Passion made well over 300 million. Brokeback won't make a quarter of that. Tells you where the general populace mindset is.

Quote:
Ill reiterate that there are tons of movies and television and media that is stuff you wouldnt want your kids to grow up to be or emulate, serial killers, molesters, gamblers, thieves, etc. If a Movie is succesful that is about a serial killer then is that being supported or stepped upon by the general populace? I paid money to see Passion of the Christ, not to become a Christian but to see a film. I hope that most people can seperate the two...but what am I thinking...
People can watch Freddy or Jason and have a suspension of disbelief, and enjoy a good scare. It's far enough from reality that people can do that, just like people can watch Star Wars without believing there's such a thing as a Jedi. Brokeback Mountain doesn't have that clear line where you can suspend your disbelief. If you're asking people to watch a film and ignore the gay storyline thread -- people aren't gonna do that. Again, many can TOLERATE the gay lifestyle, but it doesn't mean we have to like it, and certainly it doesn't mean we have to go see a movie about it.

Last edited by WVUFAN : 12-17-2005 at 11:05 PM. Reason: cleared up some spelling errors
Old 12-17-2005, 11:10 PM   #131
MrBigglesworth
College Starter

Quote:
People can watch Freddy or Jason and have a suspension of disbelief, and enjoy a good scare. It's far enough from reality that people can do that, just like people can watch Star Wars without believing there's such a thing as a Jedi. Brokeback Mountain doesn't have that clear line where you can suspend your disbelief.
Did you like Goodfellas?
MrBigglesworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 11:13 PM   #132
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Someone made a passing comparison from this to Passion of the Christ, so let's compare. Passion was TRULY an independent film (it was made with no financial backing from a studio AT ALL, while Brokeback Mountain had one behind it). Passion made well over 300 million. Brokeback won't make a quarter of that. Tells you where the general populace mindset is.

The general populace thinks Dan Brown is a good writer, believes American Idol is quality entertainment, and thought Brittany Spears had musical talent. Citing the general populace as proof of anything other than a proof of PT Barnum's famous line seems rather pointless.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 11:18 PM   #133
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigglesworth
Did you like Goodfellas?

Yup. I find gangsters kinda an interesting topic, hense I will go see movies about them. I have absolutely no interest in a gay cowboy movie. Again, I repeat people will not see anything other than the words "gay cowboy" or "gay love scene", and they will stay away.
Old 12-17-2005, 11:24 PM   #134
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot
The general populace thinks Dan Brown is a good writer, believes American Idol is quality entertainment, and thought Brittany Spears had musical talent. Citing the general populace as proof of anything other than a proof of PT Barnum's famous line seems rather pointless.

I think Dan Brown is a good writer.
I haven't a problem with American Idol. Kelly Clarkson's got a good voice.
Brittany Spears is popular.

When, the Da Vinci Code sells millions of titles, and millions of people enjoyed the book, and you don't -- which one is wrong? True, quality is subjective, but when it comes to movies, it's the benchmark. Popular movies are remembered regardless of "quality", unpopular one are forgotten to all but a small minority.

Example: I personally thought the Lord of the Rings trilogy to be extremely boring. I'm in the minority, and I accept that I'm probably wrong in my assessment.
Old 12-17-2005, 11:50 PM   #135
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
Pretty much the only people that I know who like Will and Grace are gay people and females. That does not mean there are plenty of exceptions to who like the show. But, based on that subjective observation, I would say the FOFC crowd is not your best group in which to find W&G fans. If you ran the same poll at the Oxygen message boards, you would probably have a different outcome.

Agreed, my wife laughs when watching it while I walk by and and say, "How do you find this show funny?". The show, imo is horrible.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 12:20 AM   #136
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Biggest example of 'media masterbation' I have ever seen. Cannot pickup a newspaper or magazine or entertainment tv show without seeing more news coverage about this movie than you can about the current Christmas retail numbers. And the thing is, nobody cares about this movie what-so-ever. Talk Soup says the per-screen numbers is about a whole whopping $100,000 per-viewing. Then he says 'good luck in the red states!" Not even drawing crowds in NY or LA.

Biggest case of disconnect between media and audience I have ever seen. Can't help but wonder if only because of the high percentage of gays in Hollywood and Hollywood media coverage that this is being driven so relentlessly. BTW, the last is a valid observation (no different than liberals debating the number of Catholics on the Supreme Court and its possible impact on abortion law in the future).

It happens all the time that art house films with provocative subject matters get more press than box office. That this one features risky choices by two young male stars and is directed by an A-list talent only makes the story more interesting, and the coverage more predictable. Despite what your stupidity may lead you to assume, much of the coverage is actually a product of people like yourself, who would love nothing more than to work themselves up into a tizzy over those faggots in Hollywood pushing their faggot agendas down our throats with that faggot cowboy movie.

Perhaps you should be asking why you noticed this one and not the others. Biggest case of disconnect between perceived over-coverage and actual coverage that I have ever seen.

"Everyone's a voyeurist--they're watching me watch them watch me right now."
ThunderingHERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 12:57 AM   #137
clintl
College Starter

Well, one thing Bubba did accomplish is getting three times as much coverage for Brokeback Mountain on FOFC as King Kong is getting so far. That's pretty good promotional results.
clintl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 08:44 AM   #138
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
I've not heard the word "independant" or indie anywhere in relation to this movie (this is in stark contract to last year's Indie favorite, Sideways, which you heard the word every 2 seconds). This film is being pushed as a gay love story. As "enlightened" as you may like people to be, a great many people, quite a bit in the conservative areas of the country, just do not agree with the lifestyle, and are less than interested in watching a love story about them.

You can call it "close minded" as Flasch186 did, that's your option. I call it expressing a dislike for a particular lifestyle, and not having a desire to see this lifestyle celebrated.

People can watch Freddy or Jason and have a suspension of disbelief, and enjoy a good scare. It's far enough from reality that people can do that, just like people can watch Star Wars without believing there's such a thing as a Jedi. Brokeback Mountain doesn't have that clear line where you can suspend your disbelief. If you're asking people to watch a film and ignore the gay storyline thread -- people aren't gonna do that. Again, many can TOLERATE the gay lifestyle, but it doesn't mean we have to like it, and certainly it doesn't mean we have to go see a movie about it.

Your side cannot have it both ways. My side believes "it DOES take a village to raise a child", that it is ALL of our responsibility to look out for one another. The right doesnt. They believe in Personal accountability, raising of your own children, etc. Which is fine.....but now, all of a sudden, you dont agree with a lifestyle, AND anything media - like regarding that is an affront to all mankind and should be wiped clean.

I have NO problem at all with your abstaining from seeing the movie or any movie of that kind for whatever reasons you want BUT I do NOT believe that the success or failure of that movie says anything about the populace of our country. I saw Passion, it was succesful (monetarily as well as cinematically IMO) but that does not mean that our country WANTS to be 100% episcapalian, or Christian for that matter.

It is a movie, it is a suspension of belief, its a Time period piece and just like something in the future or sci-fi does not have to be based on a true story. If we followed that logic we would only have true stories, documentaries, or sci-fi movies.

On a broader scale, much like the majority of the people (not all) on this board, everyone IS a fan of your faith, and doesnt want you or BW to give it up but they also dont want you forceing it on others, especially in regards to government and cencorship.

So which is it, personal accountability, raise your own children, etc. or cendorship, "it takes a village...", societal responsibility for everyone, etc.? The slippery slope comes up on you quick. Playing both sides of the coin, when each is convenient simply doesnt work with anyone who has a memory or some sort of reasoning as they see it, they call it out, and they expose it.

Look, everyone is OK with yours and BW's feelings but if its succesful monetarily, (profitable) do you actually think that that means people want to live a homosexual lifestyle? no, but it means theyre open minded enough to be able to draw the line between, like you said fantasy and reality...its that suspension of belief that you need to have a grip on...lest you be poisoned.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 12-18-2005, 08:46 AM   #139
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
I think Dan Brown is a good writer.
I haven't a problem with American Idol. Kelly Clarkson's got a good voice.
Brittany Spears is popular.

When, the Da Vinci Code sells millions of titles, and millions of people enjoyed the book, and you don't -- which one is wrong? True, quality is subjective, but when it comes to movies, it's the benchmark. Popular movies are remembered regardless of "quality", unpopular one are forgotten to all but a small minority.

Example: I personally thought the Lord of the Rings trilogy to be extremely boring. I'm in the minority, and I accept that I'm probably wrong in my assessment.

IMO, you should have a bigger problem with Brittany Spears and the like than anything talked about thus far. She is a cancer that poisons your youth....but raise your own damn kids and dont let them buy the album, right?

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 12-18-2005, 10:19 AM   #140
Esquared1
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
So another question would be: how many are planning on seeing this movie with a good buddy?

Normally, two guys should leave one seat between them at a movie. With this one, would you leave two seats, or would you go ahead and sit next to each other?
Esquared1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 10:22 AM   #141
Easy Mac

on the lap
Old 12-18-2005, 10:36 AM   #142
Raiders Army
Coordinator

If you were married and the guy you were seeing the movie with was married, would you take off your rings?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 10:42 AM   #143
duckman
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
If you were married and the guy you were seeing the movie with was married, would you take off your rings?

“One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis de Tocqueville
“Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude.”
duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 03:29 PM   #144
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

As if you don't have your hands full as it is with this debate, here's another counter point that isn't just "I h8 teh gay"

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...9&postcount=76

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 12-18-2005 at 03:30 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 03:34 PM   #145
Flasch186
Coordinator

I think that not wanting to see Sex on screen or any issue on screen is a person's prerogative. That is a valid argument but to start saying it effects America, the kids, the kids, and if it doesnt make money it means Americans' hate gays, and gays are sinners.....is a ridiculous slippery slope to try to start.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 12-18-2005, 03:46 PM   #146
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esquared1
Normally, two guys should leave one seat between them at a movie. With this one, would you leave two seats, or would you go ahead and sit next to each other?

Only if the middle armrest was declared off-limits.

Last edited by Desnudo : 12-18-2005 at 03:47 PM.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 04:25 PM   #147
Craptacular
College Starter

Quote:
Biggest example of 'media masterbation' I have ever seen. Cannot pickup a newspaper or magazine or entertainment tv show without seeing more news coverage about this movie than you can about the current Christmas retail numbers.

I'd never heard of this movie until I clicked on this thread.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 04:31 PM   #148
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craptacular
I'd never heard of this movie until I clicked on this thread.

I hadn't heard too much about it either... Makes you wonder what kind of newspapers and magazines Bubba Wheels subscribes too...
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 06:50 PM   #149
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

I can't be troubled to read all three pages of this thread, but I just wanted to say "If you only see one gay cowboy movie this year..." because it amuses me.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:17 PM   #150
timmynausea
College Starter

It's weird how you can go to any messageboard on the internet and find a thread about Brokeback Mountain where the majority of the comments are by people who have no intention of seeing it but are somehow threatened by it.