Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-22-2005, 08:34 PM   #101
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flounder
Per this thread, try rebooting.

thanks it work

weird only game i have to restart after i download and have IE or Firefox off when installing a game.

but at least it work
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 09:00 PM   #102
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
same here and i have window xp

If you have a program open that is using that font, then it can't overwrite it because it is in use.
astrosfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 09:42 PM   #103
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
Here is the real teams database for the game, just released by a GDS forum member:

I have tested it and the game opens without problems, what i have not reviewed is if all the team nicknames are correct so please guys report any wrong one.
Thanks Grantdawg for taking your time to do it.

http://www.prodeportes.com/bb/pstats.zip

Download it, unzip and overwrite the one you have in the demo folder.

this works fine for me, thanks Grantdawg.

graphically, there doesn't seem to be nothing i can't edit. i love this.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 09:52 PM   #104
st.cronin
General Manager

Bug or typo

Indiana punts, Colorado State returns to their own 39. Penalty on Indiana (illegal use of the hands), the DEFENSE accepts and the ball is moved to the 29.
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:08 PM   #105
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles
Here's the process for editing pics:

Create a folder called "players" at the same level as your EXE (if it's not there already). Then, store the player's photo as:

[TeamAbbr]_[FirstName]_[LastName].jpg

So, if you were Southern Cal and had a player named Josh Smith, you put his picture in the players folder called:

USC_Josh_Smith.jpg.

this doesn't appear to be working. any clues. i have the "players folder" in the same level as the "names", "saves" "graphics" etc level. you sure the players folder doesn't go in the "graphics" folder?

EDIT: i was right - "players" folder goes in the "graphics" folder. this is VERY awesome, i made some neat real player face pics.

Last edited by Anthony : 11-22-2005 at 10:10 PM.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:35 PM   #106
timmynausea
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
Bug or typo

Indiana punts, Colorado State returns to their own 39. Penalty on Indiana (illegal use of the hands), the DEFENSE accepts and the ball is moved to the 29.

That is among the bugs I've noticed. On punts all the penalties are enforced against the wrong team. I've seen it several times, and it's not just a typo.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:38 PM   #107
st.cronin
General Manager

Something else I've observed: In the 4th Quarter, if the AI team is losing by any number, they start throwing on virtually every down. I've only played a few games, though.

It's pretty impressive, so far. It's almost tcy2.
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:10 PM   #108
Passacaglia
Coordinator

So, is this one of these types of games that has a "better interface" than FOF? I started up the demo, and my first run through, I missed the part where I choose what team I want (yeah, that was pretty lame on my part). But even now, I don't know how to get out of camp and into where I can simulate games! Not that interface has ever mattered to me -- I just want a good game. I'm just curious.

Also, I found a possible bug. While in the middle of a game, I clicked on "new league" and it said something like "clearing season" and the progress bar hung at 0% for several minutes.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:12 PM   #109
Airhog
Captain Obvious

can someone do me a favor?

Create a season and save it and send me the file? I wanna make sure that it isn't just the league creation part of the game that is crashing for me..

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:21 PM   #110
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
Here is the real teams database for the game, just released by a GDS forum member:

I have tested it and the game opens without problems, what i have not reviewed is if all the team nicknames are correct so please guys report any wrong one.
Thanks Grantdawg for taking your time to do it.

http://www.prodeportes.com/bb/pstats.zip

Download it, unzip and overwrite the one you have in the demo folder.

My only quibble with this is that UTEP should be UTEP, not Texas-El Paso.

Edit: And it looks like I can change it myself. Good stuff.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO

Last edited by JeeberD : 11-22-2005 at 11:22 PM.
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:27 PM   #111
JeeberD
General Manager

Dola-

And UTEP is expected to be eighth in CUSA. Bah!

Come on, Arlie, get with the times!

Old 11-22-2005, 11:51 PM   #112
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
So, is this one of these types of games that has a "better interface" than FOF? I started up the demo, and my first run through, I missed the part where I choose what team I want (yeah, that was pretty lame on my part). But even now, I don't know how to get out of camp and into where I can simulate games! Not that interface has ever mattered to me -- I just want a good game. I'm just curious.

Also, I found a possible bug. While in the middle of a game, I clicked on "new league" and it said something like "clearing season" and the progress bar hung at 0% for several minutes.

once you get the hang of it it's pretty okay Pass. I just closed the game down for the night, but what you want to do always is "advance through week". And if you ever get lost in the screens, on the left of the main screen, beneath the menu that has all the different items, the top button will always bring you back to the screen where you can advance ahead a week. And that screen also has a little timeline for the year.

if i had the game open i'd be more specific, but i don't.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:54 PM   #113
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
My only quibble with this is that UTEP should be UTEP, not Texas-El Paso.

Edit: And it looks like I can change it myself. Good stuff.

It also appears that Rice is "Central TexasRice"

Again, an easy fix but just wanted to let you know...

Edit: Actually, how do you go about changing a team name once you've started the league?

Double edit: How in the heck is Hawaii UTEP's rival?

If you're going to use an out of conference team as our rival NMSU or UNM is a MUCH better choice...

Last edited by JeeberD : 11-23-2005 at 12:00 AM.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:56 PM   #114
Anthony
Banned

question for Arles/beta testers: how do i edit that upper right helmet without having that black background? i want it to be transparent but i can't get it without having some sort of background.

Last edited by Anthony : 11-23-2005 at 12:02 AM.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:01 AM   #115
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:

You can advance to the next week by clicking the advance week button in the lower left of the game (looks like play button). You can also advance the week from the Game Status menu.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:15 AM   #116
FBPro
College Starter

I've gotten into week one and so far I like it.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 12:16 AM   #117
jbmagic
Pro Starter

i mention this in another thread

does defense position seem reverse???

the demo shows
LDT and LDE are on the right side

and RDT and RDE are on the left.

it should be

RDE RDT LDT LDE

LT LG RG RT

in the NFL and college the LDE and LDE are in front of the RT and RG

that how it is in the NFL, college and FOF.

Last edited by jbmagic : 11-23-2005 at 12:17 AM.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:26 AM   #118
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic

question for Arles/beta testers: how do i edit that upper right helmet without having that black background? i want it to be transparent but i can't get it without having some sort of background.
My guess would be that the background color has to be an exact match for the color the game is using as transparent in that graphic. That appears to be just white (255, 255, 255). No clue what to tell you if you have it at white and it's still showing up black in-game.

edit: wait, there are the two sets of logos. Interesting that when I try to open the logos in the "black" folder that the backgrounds show as black, while they are white/neutral in my thumbnail view. not sure what the deal is there.

Last edited by cthomer5000 : 11-23-2005 at 12:30 AM.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 12:47 AM   #119
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
i mention this in another thread

does defense position seem reverse???

the demo shows
LDT and LDE are on the right side

and RDT and RDE are on the left.

it should be

RDE RDT LDT LDE

LT LG RG RT

in the NFL and college the LDE and LDE are in front of the RT and RG

that how it is in the NFL, college and FOF.

By the way, yes you are right. Each side is lined up according to the direction they are facing. However I think this won't have too much of an effect on the the game since the players don't seem to have a defined position as they do in the NFL. You will notice that the player cards use the just states they are Defensive Ends and not RDEs or LDEs. Cosmetically it should be fixed, though, so you are correct.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 12:53 AM   #120
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Overall, I have to say that I like what I am seeing with just fiddling with it for a few simulated weeks. I am impressed with the amount of detail that is already in the game for its first release. There are a few bugs in the play by play, but overall this feels meatier. There are a number of things that you have to take care of and the flow of the game doesn't bother me.

I would have liked recruiting year round, but I am not terribly disappointed with that right now since there are still a number of actions you must do from week to week. Of course, I only simmed a few weeks and gave some of the control to the other staff.

So I will have to see how it is like when I have total control and comment then, but this still feels like this could be a very solid and deep game once all the kinks are worked out.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 02:57 AM   #121
thealmighty
Pro Starter

For Navy, you spelled Sailors, Sailers
Old 11-23-2005, 03:02 AM   #122
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Quote:
Dola-

And UTEP is expected to be eighth in CUSA. Bah!

Come on, Arlie, get with the times!
Dola...

Along those lines, from another Texan, TCU at 'below average' with recruit at 79 and 7th in Mountain West?

What is the priority in terms of reality of rankings and when this game goes 'gold?' Just wondering.

Or, maybe it is always random with each new start, like TCY can be??

Last edited by thealmighty : 11-23-2005 at 03:59 AM. Reason: "random" thought
thealmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 03:07 AM   #123
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Double Dola...

What is the rationale behind the recruiting regions in terms of putting Texas in with the Dakotas and Iowa, etc...? Hardly the same area in terms of athletes, numbers, well, anything at all.

Not bitching, as I do not know how the regions work in terms of if one state has anything to do with another state in its region for overall numbers/quality and so on.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:56 AM   #124
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

downloading the demo now.
- Chairman of the IHOF Hall of Fame
- Athletic Director of the Brigham Young Cougars in TCY
FOF Legend: Hall of Fame QB Brock Sheriff #5, one of the most popular player in Front Office Football history.
Darkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 05:07 AM   #125
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

One gripe. I want to turn off academic suspensions. This has destroyed my team I am talking about we are wire thin at 3 spots. If it where like TCY then it would great where they would be suspended for the year then I can go ahead and get a few players to replace the lost.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:10 AM   #126
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop
One gripe. I want to turn off academic suspensions. This has destroyed my team I am talking about we are wire thin at 3 spots. If it where like TCY then it would great where they would be suspended for the year then I can go ahead and get a few players to replace the lost.
Funny you should mention that. I'm working on my preview beta dynasty right now, and also have an e-mail open with a few more issues to send to Arlie. Not two minutes ago I typed out that I think academic suspensions are way too high, and injuries are a bit too low.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:24 AM   #127
Icy
Pro Starter

Updated to pstats.dat 1.2

Ok, i had some free time today and i have edited the pstats file.

This was already (thanks to Grantdawg who created the first file)
- Real Team nicknames
- Real conference names

This is new (thanks to Scott Vibert and some other players for the info):
- Added all the real Stadium names.
- Added all the real Award names (please check if they are correct).
- Added all the real Bowl names and Bowl Stadiums.
- Fixed the following bugs:
UTEP name is UTEP now instead of Texas-El Paso
RICE name is RICE now instead of TexasRice
UTEP Rivarly is now with NMSU instead of Hawaii
Auburn stadium name set to Jordan Hare
Arkansas stadium name set to Razorbacks
Fixed some rivalries as suggested.
Fixed Penn State nickname that was still listed as the Cougars

Please download, unzip and overwrite your pstats.dat and check for errors/suggestions and i'll keep updating it.

http://www.prodeportes.com/bb/pstats1.2.zip

Last edited by Icy : 11-23-2005 at 02:07 PM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 05:26 AM   #128
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

How did you get real players...or did you just edit the name and number, becuase starting with my Mizzou team i got a horrible set of Qbs(not even average), meaning its not pre-set...??
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 05:33 AM   #129
CraigSca
Pro Starter

SD - you mention in your first game that it seems like the game did relatively no subbing when you made the PCT 100%. How was it for the other games? Did the players get subbed when they were tired?
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 05:40 AM   #130
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
SD - you mention in your first game that it seems like the game did relatively no subbing when you made the PCT 100%. How was it for the other games? Did the players get subbed when they were tired?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog, in latest e-mail to Arlie
At 100% playing time, guys are playing 100% of the time, not even coming out when they're tired. From the gamer's perspective, I think most people would like to set their best guy at most positions at 100%, and assume that he'll get subbed out at times and in blowouts.. The percentages would be used if, for example, you had a #2 sophomore RB who is good and you wanted to get *significant* playing time to keep him happy, and you might set the starter at 65% in such a case.
That's what most people would want, correct? I suspect that the logic is working the way that it is intended to work right now, but that isn't good. If I set my QB to 100%, that doesn't mean I want him on the field in the fourth quarter when we're up 42-0. As best as I can tell, the percentages seem to be working for AI teams (or maybe the AI teams are not using 100%?), just not the human team.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:48 AM   #131
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Actually that subbing thing should be fixed. Its a great idea but if you keep rotating QB's the team usually struggles on offense. Also I have 3 very good RB's and I would like all three to get carries atleast 5 for the 3rd and 2nd string with the starter getting the rest unless one of the back ups really is balling. Also when I am up 35 nothing in the middle of the 3rd it would behoove(Thats a word I been meaning to use in so long) the AI to sub in my second string and third string.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:53 AM   #132
wheels
Creative Director, Grey Dog Software

Quote:

The helmet in the upper right is best used as a transparent gif with a black matte. If you go to edit the helmet, you need to resave it with transparency in your photo editing software.
wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 05:57 AM   #133
Joe
Pro Starter

So... when you change a player's name, its doesn't change the guys name in the scouting report? Says Matt Leinart at the top, but it says Po in the player card. ?
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 05:58 AM   #134
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Actually that subbing thing should be fixed. Its a great idea but if you keep rotating QB's the team usually struggles on offense. Also I have 3 very good RB's and I would like all three to get carries atleast 5 for the 3rd and 2nd string with the starter getting the rest unless one of the back ups really is balling. Also when I am up 35 nothing in the middle of the 3rd it would behoove(Thats a word I been meaning to use in so long) the AI to sub in my second string and third string.
It is simple to get two backs the ball right now with the percentages (just check my dynasty for Suhey and Joppru), but I'm not sure that it is possible for the human player to have a three-back rotation with the way things work right now. I'd prefer that a three-back be possible, but I can live with two being the best IF the #3 guy comes in during blowouts. Right now I'm nine games into my first season, and no other RB's have a single carry, even though we've had several 3-4 TD wins. The good news is that the split between the #1 and #2 backs' carries is very close to the playing time percentages that I set in my gameplan. If Arlie can factor in fatigue and blowouts into playing time, then I think it will be fine.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:59 AM   #135
wheels
Creative Director, Grey Dog Software

Quote:

If you ever get a little lost, you should click on the view stage details button, just below the menu listing on the left of the screen. This displays all the options available to you for a given stage and a checklist to make sure you haven't forgotten something.
wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 06:11 AM   #136
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
It is simple to get two backs the ball right now with the percentages (just check my dynasty for Suhey and Joppru), but I'm not sure that it is possible for the human player to have a three-back rotation with the way things work right now. I'd prefer that a three-back be possible, but I can live with two being the best IF the #3 guy comes in during blowouts. Right now I'm nine games into my first season, and no other RB's have a single carry, even though we've had several 3-4 TD wins. The good news is that the split between the #1 and #2 backs' carries is very close to the playing time percentages that I set in my gameplan. If Arlie can factor in fatigue and blowouts into playing time, then I think it will be fine.

Agreed. I like to rotate alot of players on offense and defense(provided that a.players improve during the season b.the more they play the better they should play as the season wears on.) This is why my entire defense rotates regardless of the fact even if we have freshmen who are 1.0-1.5 in current but 4.0-5.0 in future. I figured I should be playing next years starters and key backups this years just so we have depth and experience. I hope Arlie looks into that because what he has right now is a solid foundation for something truely great. Oh and one more thing I have only my LB's blitz which is 33 each with 1 going to my SS why is it that we are getting killed on the short pass. If they all blitz at the same percentage it should make it harder for them to know who is blitz'n that play. I am sure I will have more later when I open it up again.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:17 AM   #137
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Agreed. I like to rotate alot of players on offense and defense(provided that a.players improve during the season b.the more they play the better they should play as the season wears on.) This is why my entire defense rotates regardless of the fact even if we have freshmen who are 1.0-1.5 in current but 4.0-5.0 in future. I figured I should be playing next years starters and key backups this years just so we have depth and experience. I hope Arlie looks into that because what he has right now is a solid foundation for something truely great. Oh and one more thing I have only my LB's blitz which is 33 each with 1 going to my SS why is it that we are getting killed on the short pass. If they all blitz at the same percentage it should make it harder for them to know who is blitz'n that play. I am sure I will have more later when I open it up again.
Good thoughts. Here's a suggestion: when you open the game up, keep your e-mail program or a word processor open, too. I just type up bullet points as I go along, and when I get a dozen or so things down, I send the e-mail on to Arlie. For example, here's the current e-mail I have open:
Quote:
  • I've got a starting offensive tackle--started all four games so far--who is Frustrated because he isn't getting played more. Now, he just got suspended this week, but there should be a different message if that is why he's frustrated.
  • Also, overall, I think there are FAR too many suspensions. I put maximum spending on academics, and just got five guys declared academically ineligible for the next 3 weeks. That doesn't happen in real life--not that many guys.
  • More in this area, I'd say that there are too many academic suspensions, and not enough injuries.
  • At 100% playing time, guys are playing 100% of the time, not even coming out when they're tired. From the gamer's perspective, I think most people would like to set their best guy at most positions at 100%, and assume that he'll get subbed out at times and in blowouts.. The percentages would be used if, for example, you had a #2 sophomore RB who is good and you wanted to get *significant* playing time to keep him happy, and you might set the starter at 65% in such a case.
  • Injury type should be on player card, not just injury length.
  • I just realized something else about academics: it seems that there's a pretty big hole in the study hall time setting, strategically speaking. If everyone returns for the postseason, then there's no reason whatsoever to use any hours in Week 12, is there? Why even have the option to set study hall hours during that week?
I've only had the beta for a little over a week, and I'd say that he's fixed at least 30 issues (both small and large) that I've e-mailed to him. I have no idea how many of those were also seen by others, but any way you look at it, that's pretty impressive.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:22 AM   #138
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

FWIW, I agree about academic suspensions.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 06:52 AM   #139
Ben E Lou

One thing that feels like it is missing to me: some sort of "team summary" screen with your team's key stats, schedule, current ranking, etc. like the screen on FOF and TCY.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:00 AM   #140
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
It also appears that Rice is "Central TexasRice"

Again, an easy fix but just wanted to let you know...

Edit: Actually, how do you go about changing a team name once you've started the league?

Double edit: How in the heck is Hawaii UTEP's rival?

If you're going to use an out of conference team as our rival NMSU or UNM is a MUCH better choice...

The Texas-El Paso thing was because I didn't think I could add "University" to the front because the name would be too long. I'll change it to UTEP. The Rice one was because I'm an idiot.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 07:00 AM   #141
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
Please download, unzip and overwrite your pstats.dat and check for errors/suggestions and i'll keep updating it.

http://www.prodeportes.com/bb/pstats1.1.dat

Thanks for your efforts...

but I'm getting an error message on this link.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 07:04 AM   #142
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
That's what most people would want, correct? I suspect that the logic is working the way that it is intended to work right now, but that isn't good. If I set my QB to 100%, that doesn't mean I want him on the field in the fourth quarter when we're up 42-0. As best as I can tell, the percentages seem to be working for AI teams (or maybe the AI teams are not using 100%?), just not the human team.
[/size][/font]

I think at first glance, most people would want what you suggest.

After thinking about it for a while though, I think that figuring out what percentage of playing time keeps each starter fresh and performing well could be a challenge. If it somehow trial and error rather than a direct, automatic correlation to an endurance rating, I could see this as something that keeps the game fresh after a few months of play.

My question is this - during the season, part of the checklist is to check up on recruits performance and interest. Is there really any point in doing this? I don't see any way to make contact with them, or even make a shortlist (which is a MUST have). If at the end of the season, we start with the same information regarding the players ratings, performance (and it would be nice if those were not deterministically tied together) and interest, then the ability to check them during the season feels useless to me.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:04 AM   #143
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
Thanks for your efforts...

but I'm getting an error message on this link.

My bad sorry, it's .zip not .dat, i have updated the url now in my post.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 07:07 AM   #144
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
One thing that feels like it is missing to me: some sort of "team summary" screen with your team's key stats, schedule, current ranking, etc. like the screen on FOF and TCY.

Best screen ever!
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 07:14 AM   #145
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari
I think at first glance, most people would want what you suggest.

After thinking about it for a while though, I think that figuring out what percentage of playing time keeps each starter fresh and performing well could be a challenge. If it somehow trial and error rather than a direct, automatic correlation to an endurance rating, I could see this as something that keeps the game fresh after a few months of play.
I hear what you're saying, but for those of us who would continue to play on more of a macro level than that, it would be very nice to have it work a little differently. Perhaps this could be an option? Plus, unless you have a #2 who is solid, I'm not sure how much of a challenge it would truly be. If I leave my #1 in for 35 carries and he gets 5.0 ypc rather than, say, 5.5 at 25 carries, that doesn't really help me much if my #2 is a big dropoff, and only gets 3.5 ypc. I'd rather see the #1 forced to the sideline at times (based on Endurance and Durability ratings). In reality, it is an extremely rare back who would stay in the game for every single carry, or defensive linemen who would stay in for every single snap.

Quote:
My question is this - during the season, part of the checklist is to check up on recruits performance and interest. Is there really any point in doing this? I don't see any way to make contact with them, or even make a shortlist (which is a MUST have). If at the end of the season, we start with the same information regarding the players ratings, performance (and it would be nice if those were not deterministically tied together) and interest, then the ability to check them during the season feels useless to me.
Frankly, I think that was a small bone thrown to the I-want-to-recruit-during-the-season crowd to give us something recruiting-related in-season. However, I agree that it is useless to do without any true action to be taken. As it stands now, I just wait until the end of the season and look at their stats and recruiting ratings then, since that's all that matters anyway as far as I can tell.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:15 AM   #146
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
pstats.dat 1.1

Ok, i had some free time today and i have edited the pstats file again,

This was already (thanks to Grantdawg who created the first file)
- Real Team nicknames
- Real conference names

This is new (thanks to Scott Vibert and some other players for the info):
- Added all the real Stadium names.
- Added all the real Award names (please check if they are ok).
- Added all the real Bowl names and Bowl Stadiums.
- Fixed the following bugs:
UTEP name is UTEP now instead of Texas-El Paso
RICE name is RICE now instead of TexasRice
UTEP Rivarly is now with NMSU instead of Hawaii

http://www.prodeportes.com/bb/pstats1.1.zip

Ack! Didn't notice this until after I sent you my update. Sorry. Thanks for fixing that stuff (plus adding more!).
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 07:15 AM   #147
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

I'm still suck with a demo that will not run and will not install. I'm all for the spirit of beta software and rolling with the punches as far as bugs go, but this is ridiculous. I don't want to have to spend a hour or so combing through my registry to delete all of the BBCF keys to get the game completely removed from my system so that *maybe* a re-install will fix the problem (which it does not now).

And I hate to point it out, but the Grey Dog tech support site has been somewhat less than helpful.

{end rant}

Last edited by Toddzilla : 11-23-2005 at 07:16 AM.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 07:27 AM   #148
KWhit
Coordinator

Can there please be an option added to let the AI handle the study hall time? I despised the time allocation feature in TCY and I'm already tired of it in this game.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 07:33 AM   #149
Mountain
Mascot

This has the potential to be a very good game.

A couple of things that I would like to see added.

1) An option to squib kick at the end of games where you have a small lead and about 35 seconds left in the game.

2) In the box scores for games ... some statistics for individuals who played in the game. If its a space issue I would actaully prefer this over the scoring summary.

3) The play-by-play to mention when substitutions are made at positions. This is especially true when a substitution occurs due to injury.

These are what comes to mind so far. This can be a really great game. I'm very excited.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 07:43 AM   #150
Ben E Lou

Note: I had an RTE during the 2nd round of the offseason. Do NOT hit the "Team stats" button during the offseason. It probably should be greyed out. Report sent to Arile, but I just wanted to warn y'all. Also, being that this is a demo of a game that is still in beta, it would make sense to save the game very frequently. I stupidly hadn't done so since Week 2 of the regular season.