Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Do you use the word "gay" to describe something that bugs you?
Yes, it's a phrase I frequently use. 28 19.31%
Yes, it's a phrase I sometimes use. 36 24.83%
Yes, it's a phrase I rarely use. 19 13.10%
No, it's a phrase I never use. 62 42.76%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2005, 12:28 AM   #101
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot
Aha Dutch - the "intellect" (or lack thereof) who thinks homosexuality is a pre-cursor to bestiality. I suppose you have no problem with the n-word then ?

Nudist please!
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 01:49 AM   #102
Mac Howard
Sick as a Parrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch
So you have to hate gay people to say "that's gay"? Give me a break.

Take the break to understand what's said. Since when did "despite not many" or "is partly done" or "allows some" mean "all"?

The point I'm making is that there's a great deal about the conversion of "gay" - clearly the homosexual community's preferred term for themselves - into a derogatory term that comes out of homophobia. For those who are not homophobic to use the term in this way is at best insensitive and carelessly reinforces the homophobic's agenda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinfan999
Do you use the word bitch ever?

Very occasionally. But since when have women seen the term bitch as anything other than an insult?

Last edited by Mac Howard : 10-20-2005 at 02:38 AM.
Mac Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 08:13 AM   #103
DanGarion
Coordinator

So like isn't the term gay slang for homosexual?

Anyway my girlfriend and I discussed this yesterday. The correct spelling is "ghey" and basically what it means when you say "that's so ghey", is that it's SOOOOO stupid or blantantly not gay that it's "ghey"! Like she pointed out some emo boys with those terrible jeans/pants that they shrink down to fit their legs and I commented that it was "ghey", for the reason that it was SOOOOO wrong a person that was gay would be offended to wear anything of the sort.

Anyway it's not the best term to use but I use it every once in awhile. And my friends that are gay use the term as well, so it's not offensive to them.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 12:20 PM   #104
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
You sound like an uneducated fool.

I can't argue with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot
Aha Dutch - the "intellect" (or lack thereof) who thinks homosexuality is a pre-cursor to bestiality. I suppose you have no problem with the n-word then ?

I figured this one would pop up sooner. I do find the n-word offensive and never use it. I refuse to see the plight of the American black and homosexuals on parallel lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Howard
The point I'm making is that there's a great deal about the conversion of "gay" - clearly the homosexual community's preferred term for themselves - into a derogatory term that comes out of homophobia. For those who are not homophobic to use the term in this way is at best insensitive and carelessly reinforces the homophobic's agenda.

It is most clearly, at best, incensitive. I can agree with that. Because I don't give a damn if somebody is getting offended when I say "That's gay". Because you know what, unless I'm talking about you...I'm not.

Last edited by Dutch : 10-20-2005 at 12:20 PM.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 02:36 PM   #105
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
I don't imagine that will blur things too much, seems as how it's not even remotely on topic.

but I'm glad you were able to find another thread to add this to. Do you have this saved somewhere and just copy and paste wherever you think you might be able to fit it in?
Nope
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote