Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-08-2005, 02:29 PM   #101
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan S
Honestly, you would think I pushed her in front of a firing squad.
It's still not too late...

Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 03:04 PM   #102
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Of course there is a double standard. Freedom of speech does not exist here. This is not the USA, this is a message board.

If a user visits this board with what appears to be the sole intent of getting involved in political threads, they are not the kind of person we want visiting our site. Those kind of people provoke the worst in everybody, and start the kind of shitstorms we have seen in the past week or two.

I know Cap posted in other threads, but I really do not care. She came here, she got seriously involved in political threads and got reported more in one week than Hell Atlantic has managed in five years. The fact that she is married to another forum member makes me even more certain that this was premeditated. (indeed, some doubt she even exists and believe that you are the author of her posts)

You seem to be getting terribly bent out of shape over a 3 day suspension. Honestly, you would think I pushed her in front of a firing squad.

3 days? Man, you are a pisspoor dictator.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 03:07 PM   #103
RendeR
Coordinator

Why does everyone keep trying to convince him?

He doesn't want to open his eyes.

His wife got her ass handed to her for trolling, he doesn't believe she was trolling, he never will.

As long as she has his peppers in a jar, he'll never even TRY to be objective.

Last edited by RendeR : 09-08-2005 at 03:07 PM.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 03:14 PM   #104
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmynausea
You know, speaking of problems with the moderation here, I sent in a formal request to have a chili cook off death match to permanently eliminate one of the Honolulu Blues and
I was completely ignored.

This is really why we need QOTM again.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 03:19 PM   #105
Klinglerware
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR

His wife got her ass handed to her for trolling, he doesn't believe she was trolling, he never will.

Your post in one of the other threads sums up the situation perfectly

Quote:
Diagram seems simple:

Franklin brings wife to board as Caspicum

Capsicum begins internet message board life as a trolling trouble maker

Capsicum is set upon by other members tired of trolls starting shit

Franklin living with said troll gets backlash from his wife

Franklin goes into a tizzy because his life is now hell thanks to his/her decision to join the board

Did I miss anything?
Klinglerware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 03:19 PM   #106
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:

She got boxed for posting a provocative point of view, and Ryan has already admitted there's a double-standard here. The rest of you seem to be OK with that.

I suppose if it were your wife being attacked and discriminated against, you'd just throw her under the bus and avoid making yourself unpopular with the rest of the children here. After all, real men with balls don't stick up for their wives, right? Guess I should grow a pair and just stand back and let her take care of herself...
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 03:22 PM   #107
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
She got boxed for posting a provocative point of view, and Ryan has already admitted there's a double-standard here. The rest of you seem to be OK with that.

I suppose if it were your wife being attacked and discriminated against, you'd just throw her under the bus and avoid making yourself unpopular with the rest of the children here. After all, real men with balls don't stick up for their wives, right? Guess I should grow a pair and just stand back and let her take care of herself...

Oooh...the "real man" argument. I guess you should just grow a pair in the first place.

She got boxed for being a troll and she brought it all on by herself. Have her go join the club of "discriminated" users like HornsManiac, Wignifty, GroundCat and the rest.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 03:23 PM   #108
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Isn't Frank basically admitting he trolled by posting this thread? Isn't that an automatic banning? I know it was in the past.
HomerJSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 03:28 PM   #109
stevew
Hall Of Famer

in before the lock.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:29 PM   #110
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
in before the lock.

IBL for short.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:30 PM   #111
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar
IBL for short.

Thanks for the clarification.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:33 PM   #112
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

No way, it's IBTL.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 03:34 PM   #113
Klinglerware
College Starter

Quote:

Well, the article you posted did not refer to the victims of the hurricane as "arrogant ******s". It seems relatively easy to see why Capsicum's post could be seen as crossing the line beyond mere provacation...
Old 09-08-2005, 03:34 PM   #114
miked
College Starter

Quote:

Jeez, this is an internet message board. I'm talking about a message board, man. It's not like it matters. Man. It's just a message board.

Get over yourself. She's not being discriminated against, she's being punished for coming on the board with the sole intent of causing ruckus (rucki, for plural). She did not post anything provactive, unless you are a KKK member reading that BS she posted in the NO poem thread.

If you think she's getting a raw deal and it means that much to you, then take your business elsewhere. It's just a message board. You sound like a 5yr old whining about a 10 minute time out.

Last edited by miked : 09-08-2005 at 03:35 PM.
miked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 03:39 PM   #115
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:

We don't need newbies posting "provocative" political points of view on a text sim game message board. Cap's posts were pure trolling, and they succeeded spectacularly with multiple threads getting shot to hell.

I am willing to give a little more leeway to members who have been around these parts forever because I know that they did not join the board looking for a fight, but there are always limits. That is a sensible "double standard".

I suspect that most other members don't care about this issue because they are never going to fall foul of the rules
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 03:44 PM   #116
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
I am willing to give a little more leeway to members who have been around these parts forever because I know that they did not join the board looking for a fight, but there are always limits. That is a sensible "double standard".

I tried to explain why this makes sense in one of those earlier threads... But, I'll try again.

I guess you could call it a double-standard, but I think it's just more accurate to call it "human nature." In life, 1,000 times more so on an "anonymous" message board like this, we can only judge people by their words and actions. If I've known someone for a long time and they start spouting some stupid shit or start acting "the fool", I'll tend to give them the benefit of the doubt. It's usually a matter of "I know this person, this isn't how they normally act" or "Yeah, he has his quirks, but he's generally ok." Experience allows us to make informed judgments about people.

So, if a person you've never met before walks into the room and they start spouting some stupid shit or start acting "the fool
", you're much more inclined to say "Woah, that dude's an asshole. What's his problem? I don't wanna be around /that/ guy." Even though his behavoir was no different then the person you've known for years/months or what have you.

It's not elitism, it's just real life.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 03:44 PM   #117
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson
Isn't Frank basically admitting he trolled by posting this thread? Isn't that an automatic banning? I know it was in the past.

I noticed this as well, but he did such a poor job of trolling I'm not sure it counts.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:46 PM   #118
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
blahblahblah....attacked and discriminated against...blahblahblah
Why FranklinNoble, you sound like an honest-to-goodness dyed-in-the-wool whiney-ass liberal.

Welcome to the left!
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 03:49 PM   #119
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked
Jeez, this is an internet message board. I'm talking about a message board, man. It's not like it matters. Man. It's just a message board.

Get over yourself. She's not being discriminated against, she's being punished for coming on the board with the sole intent of causing ruckus (rucki, for plural). She did not post anything provactive, unless you are a KKK member reading that BS she posted in the NO poem thread.

If you think she's getting a raw deal and it means that much to you, then take your business elsewhere. It's just a message board. You sound like a 5yr old whining about a 10 minute time out.

First, she didn't come here to cause a ruckus. She came here to try to balance the pervasive liberal slant on this board, and she was looking forward to having someplace to chat during football season. She also posted on a number of other topics, which everyone has seen fit to completely ignore.

Second, the problem isn't the name calling, and it isn't the three-day suspension. It's the implication that if she comes back and continues to be herself, she's going to continue to get suspended, while the rest of us can behave in a similar fasion and not face any suspension at all.

For a long time, I'd simply turned a blind eye around here to most of the topics I found offensive, and most of the opinions I disagreed with. I had no problem ignoring the pro-gay, pro-abortion, anti-God, anti-Bush crap that gets posted here daily. Then I saw my wife post a dissenting opinion and get shouted down for it. So if I'm going to spend any time on here, I'm going to make a point of disagreeing with everyone who has an offensive opinion and I'm going to draw attention to it the same way you drew attention to her. Then, maybe, you'll see how ugly your behavior has been.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:49 PM   #120
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
Dude, I've stayed out of this whole thing, but if you can't see the difference between what she posted and what you posted (in tone and tact (as well as content (and I'm not talking about the article itself))), then there's probably not much more to say on the matter.

Don't mind me, I just wanted to acknowledge a fine bit of parentheses usage.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 03:51 PM   #121
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
the pervasive liberal slant on this board

LOL. That may be the funniest joke you have ever told.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:53 PM   #122
Bee
Pro Starter

I think whining should be a banning offense...
Old 09-08-2005, 03:54 PM   #123
Esquared1
High School JV

I know that I don't post here often . . . instances such as this contribute to this. I admit, I agree a lot with John Galt, so what ever he said, I would only be beating the dead horse myself.

A wise friend once said "You cannot be a victim your whole life." Seems to fit. People may not agree. That is life. Maybe one can look at a suspension as a way to realize that we need to "agree to disagree."

I now go under my rock. I even tried to open a gambling thread to divert our attention, but that did not work. Let's talk about something fun.

Edit - I again agree with JG's last remark. In fact, this is the first thread in a while where traditionally liberal and conservative minded people agreed.

Last edited by Esquared1 : 09-08-2005 at 03:55 PM.
Esquared1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 03:54 PM   #124
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
She came here to try to balance the pervasive liberal slant on this board,

Compared to you Franklin, James Dobson is a lefty. This is the dumbest thing you've said today. the OOTP boards ? fairly liberal - without a doubt. FOFC ? More conservative IMO.

Last edited by Crapshoot : 09-08-2005 at 03:54 PM.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 03:54 PM   #125
st.cronin
General Manager

I think it's truly bizarre that anybody could consider the US to be anti-Israel.
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 03:54 PM   #126
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt
LOL. That may be the funniest joke you have ever told.

My toughts exactly. Why in the HELL don't we have a QOTM and why isn't anyone lobbying for this?
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 09-08-2005, 03:56 PM   #127
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
My toughts exactly. Why in the HELL don't we have a QOTM and why isn't anyone lobbying for this?

Wouldn't FN be the one lobbying for it?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 09-08-2005, 03:56 PM   #128
Klinglerware
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
I tried to explain why this makes sense in one of those earlier threads... But, I'll try again.

I guess you could call it a double-standard, but I think it's just more accurate to call it "human nature." In life, 1,000 times more so on an "anonymous" message board like this, we can only judge people by their words and actions. If I've known someone for a long time and they start spouting some stupid shit or start acting "the fool", I'll tend to give them the benefit of the doubt. It's usually a matter of "I know this person, this isn't how they normally act" or "Yeah, he has his quirks, but he's generally ok." Experience allows us to make informed judgments about people.

So, if a person you've never met before walks into the room and they start spouting some stupid shit or start acting "the fool
", you're much more inclined to say "Woah, that dude's an asshole. What's his problem? I don't wanna be around /that/ guy." Even though his behavoir was no different then the person you've known for years/months or what have you.

It's not elitism, it's just real life.

Wow, that kind of sounds like an application of Bayes' Theorem. Who knew?
Old 09-08-2005, 03:58 PM   #129
MrBigglesworth
College Starter

Quote:
For a long time, I'd simply turned a blind eye around here to most of the topics I found offensive, and most of the opinions I disagreed with. I had no problem ignoring the pro-gay, pro-abortion, anti-God, anti-Bush crap that gets posted here daily. Then I saw my wife post a dissenting opinion and get shouted down for it.
Kittens are cute / kittens are not cute = dissenting opinions.

Kittens are cute / God created disease and natural disasters to punish kittens because gay people like them, and because you touch yourself at night = a little more than dissenting opinions
MrBigglesworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 04:04 PM   #130
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
Wouldn't FN be the one lobbying for it?

Was a time when that was so. Seems like our man has picked up a new banner to crusade under nowadays... Hence, the question.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:06 PM   #131
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
First, she didn't come here to cause a ruckus. She came here to try to balance the pervasive liberal slant on this board, and she was looking forward to having someplace to chat during football season. She also posted on a number of other topics, which everyone has seen fit to completely ignore.

Let's dissect this, shall we?

So she only managed to totally screw up half of the topics on which she posted? And this is something to be proud of? Is this better than her normal "leave a trail of shit" ratio on other message boards? Inquiring minds want to know.

Quote:
Second, the problem isn't the name calling, and it isn't the three-day suspension. It's the implication that if she comes back and continues to be herself, she's going to continue to get suspended, while the rest of us can behave in a similar fasion and not face any suspension at all.

Ryan has already explained this ad nauseum. He's made very good 3 posts in this thread alone. You don't get it because you don't want to get it.

Quote:
For a long time, I'd simply turned a blind eye around here to most of the topics I found offensive, and most of the opinions I disagreed with. I had no problem ignoring the pro-gay, pro-abortion, anti-God, anti-Bush crap that gets posted here daily. Then I saw my wife post a dissenting opinion and get shouted down for it.

Bubba Wheels
JMIG
Arles
Franklinassnoble
CamEdwards
st cronin

'nuff said. You lose.

Quote:
So if I'm going to spend any time on here, I'm going to make a point of disagreeing with everyone who has an offensive opinion and I'm going to draw attention to it the same way you drew attention to her. Then, maybe, you'll see how ugly your behavior has been.

This seems to be an overt admission that you're here simply to troll. I'd suggest that you stop spending any time on here.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:09 PM   #132
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
First, she didn't come here to cause a ruckus. She came here to try to balance the pervasive liberal slant on this board...
That's a stupid fucking reason to come to our board and now I am glad she got booted. I hope if this continues to be her intent she gets barred for good.

We have a common bond here - sports text sims. We didn't come here to balance out some stupid political debate. The political stuff is an offshoot.

If she wants to balance out the "pervasive liberal slant" (which, btw, is total persecution-complex level bullshit) then tell her to go hang out at the fucking oprah.com board.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 04:10 PM   #133
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
First, she didn't come here to cause a ruckus. She came here to try to balance the pervasive liberal slant on this board, and she was looking forward to having someplace to chat during football season. She also posted on a number of other topics, which everyone has seen fit to completely ignore...

Franklin, I understand that you are sticking up for your wife and that is commendable. But you seem to ignore the fact that even CamEdwards thought that post, before the suspension, was a horrible post. It is amazing to me that you keep arguing about how there is this strong liberal force that is tramping down on your ideals only to ignore the conservative voices who are telling you that capisicum's post went too far.

Plus you also seem to ignore the fact that there were a few people responded to her other posts that were less offensive. In fact, my wife even contributed to her recipe thread, but I guess you think everyone is against you and your wife. No. We were only against what was posted.

What happened to the old FranklinNoble, who quoted the well known theological thinker of our time; the Ladies Man?
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 04:13 PM   #134
timmynausea
College Starter

The liberal slant has come a long way. Give yourselves a pat on the back fellow liberals. We're finally getting some credit.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 04:14 PM   #135
Radii
Head Coach

I do think its extremely important to note that while FN is saying his wife got banned because of dissenting opinions and the hatred of a "liberal leaning board", that there are people on all sides of the political fence who find her to be offensive and a pure troll. It's not just the liberals.

Also, while I agree there is a well deserved double standard on thsi board(if your first post is filled with hatred, I don't think you deserve the same treatment as a respected member of the board with 2000 posts blowing a gasket one day and saying something that is clearly out of character for that person)... anyway.. I have over 4000 posts, but if I had an 80 post run like capsicum did, I would deserve a permanent ban, my history on the board be damned.

And finally, "being a man" and "defending your wife's honor" on a message board is a big load of horse shit, espicially for the reasons that she is under attack here. Lets say I was in a bar with my wife and politics came up and my wife suggested(to a group of diverse people, races/income levels, etc) that poor black people in new orleans aren't gracious when they receive our help so fuck 'em and threw in the N word at the same time. When that crowd gets mad at her, My job is to get her the fuck out of that bar safely. I'm not going to defend her statements. I may make a comment if people start using terrible slurs in her direction, but honestly, if she does that, my concern is not her "honor" but her physical safety, and I'll do what I can to protect her physical safety, but I'll be damned if that means fighting everyone in the bar and threatening them when we can just walk out. What you are doing and what you appear to be advocating, is having your wife run into an NAACP meeting and shout "YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF NIG----", and walk away, and when that crowd gets violent, you apparently want to walk into that crowd and explain why they're all idiots for not allowing her dissention. Have fun with that!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 04:15 PM   #136
Galaxy
Coordinator

I always though we had a more conversative forum....
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 04:16 PM   #137
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:

Sounds like Hell Atlantic's "treat a lady, be a real man" argument...Only later he made a interesting quote that challenge his stance in the Wive Pic's thread.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 04:19 PM   #138
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy
I always though we had a more conversative forum....

I always thought things were fairly balanced here. Compared to the few other boards I frequent, this is clearly the most conservative. Now, those other board are music-related, so it stands to reason they'd be more liberal-leaning. So, I can't say we have the most conservative "text sim" board, but all in all, there's more conservative support here than I've seen any place else I post.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:23 PM   #139
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I always thought things were fairly balanced here. Compared to the few other boards I frequent, this is clearly the most conservative. Now, those other board are music-related, so it stands to reason they'd be more liberal-leaning. So, I can't say we have the most conservative "text sim" board, but all in all, there's more conservative support here than I've seen any place else I post.

I think it's relatively balanced, perhaps slightly to the right, but then again I'm more liberal so I'm not the best judge. It's less conservative than the Husky fan site forum I frequent, that's for sure...
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 04:23 PM   #140
heybrad
Norm!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii
Also, while I agree there is a well deserved double standard on this board(if your first post is filled with hatred, I don't think you deserve the same treatment as a respected member of the board with 2000 posts blowing a gasket one day and saying something that is clearly out of character for that person)
Well.. if thats the case, let me tell you that you are all a bunch of lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shits.

Just thought I'd get my freebee out of the way.

heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 04:25 PM   #141
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Don't mind me, I just wanted to acknowledge a fine bit of parentheses usage.

I was quite proud of it.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 04:26 PM   #142
kurtism
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad
Well.. if thats the case, let me tell you that you are all a bunch of lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shits.

You forgot "Hallelujah!"
kurtism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 04:27 PM   #143
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
I was quite proud of it.

As well you should be.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:27 PM   #144
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:

You only got a 1000 posts. For every 1000 posts, you are allowed 4 insults. It seems you went a little overboard and deserve a suspension at this moment.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:27 PM   #145
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy
Sounds like Hell Atlantic's "treat a lady, be a real man" argument...Only later he made a interesting quote that challenge his stance in the Wive Pic's thread.

i didn't direct it towards her. i didn't say "hey, you're tits are huge and i want to bounce small fruit off them", i made the comment to him.

and there may just come a time when i say something off-color to a female around here, so what. i don't say disrespectful things to female posters. i try to have some semblence of boundaries. and even if i did make a "you got big tits" comment to a female here - there's a difference between vulgar posts made in the interests of humor and good fun and posts that blatantly disrespect someone. people know what they're getting when they read my posts, if they get offended so be it, ignore my posts.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 04:27 PM   #146
Ksyrup

"Four-flushing"?
Old 09-08-2005, 04:28 PM   #147
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:

Just a note...

You don't have 2000 posts.

oh...and
hey brad!

Edit Dammit! Antmeister beat me to it...I guess I type way too slow.

Last edited by Bee : 09-08-2005 at 04:30 PM.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:29 PM   #148
kurtism
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
i didn't direct it towards her. i didn't say "hey, you're tits are huge and i want to bounce small fruit off them", i made the comment to him.

and there may just come a time when i say something off-color to a female around here, so what. i don't say disrespectful things to female posters. i try to have some semblence of boundaries. and even if i did make a "you got big tits" comment to a female here - there's a difference between vulgar posts made in the interests of humor and good fun and posts that blatantly disrespect someone. people know what they're getting when they read my posts, if they get offended so be it, ignore my posts.

I'm pretty sure this entire post is the logical/grammatical equivalent of matter and anti-matter colliding. The consequences could be dire, indeed.
kurtism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 04:31 PM   #149
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic

Oh.....I get it. You are respectful when it comes to speaking to a female directly, but when their backs are turned, you are allowed free reign to call them anything in the book of HA. Interesting....that is a sign of how to treat a lady in my book.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:36 PM   #150
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
That's a stupid fucking reason to come to our board and now I am glad she got booted. I hope if this continues to be her intent she gets barred for good.

We have a common bond here - sports text sims. We didn't come here to balance out some stupid political debate. The political stuff is an offshoot.

If she wants to balance out the "pervasive liberal slant" (which, btw, is total persecution-complex level bullshit) then tell her to go hang out at the fucking oprah.com board.

There are lots of people on here who have NEVER played any of the FOF games, and lots who have never played a text sim of any kind. It's not like I have to enter my TCY purchase order code to register here. Considering the fact that I've spent enough time to have over 10,000 posts under this handle in about three years, I see no reason why it would be at all unusual for my wife to want to see what it was all about and maybe share a little time here with me.

The real problem is people don't like her point of view, and now you're all making up excuses for your poor behavior. Justify it all you want - the facts remain. Others make comments here that can be just as offensive and inflammatory on a very regular basis, and they get away with it.