Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-24-2005, 04:27 PM   #101
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

FWIW, my local EB games manager just told me that I will be able to get the package offered by Microsoft for 399 with no games.

He also told me that if his corporate headquarters changes that, he guarantees I will get my 50 dollar deposit back if I want it.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 04:31 PM   #102
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
EBGames has dropped the price for Project Gotham Racing 3, Kameo, and Perfect Dark Zero to $49.99 (there's also a Perfect Dark Zero: Limited Edition which is still listed for $59.99).
Those are all First Party titles, and typically, First Party titles sell for less.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 05:00 PM   #103
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervack
Those are all First Party titles, and typically, First Party titles sell for less.

Not at launch.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 05:42 PM   #104
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
Not at launch.
I disagree on that, but I do hope the games come in at 49.99, but highly doubt they will.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:04 PM   #105
Galaril
Pro Starter

Gamestop:Ultimate XBOX 360-$1,199.83

That is dollars not pesos. $1200 dollars unbelievable . Some of the games are good but not that good.IMO.

Last edited by Galaril : 08-24-2005 at 08:04 PM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 08:06 PM   #106
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sheesh, I can't imagine that many people will buy that bundle. The only 3 games that appeal to me in that ultimate bundle are Perfect Dark, Madden, and Elder Scrolls IV.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:32 PM   #107
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

I just called my Gamestop store and they told me that I wont be able to find a place that I will be able to get a first shipment Xbox 360.. hmmm.. is that true? Did I snooze that much or what?

They also told me that i get 20% of the price of every item traded in on added to the total price... Sooo $100 dollar item gets me $120 in store credit... hmmm. That makes me happy, and is probably worth the wait on the second shipment of 360's...
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 09:06 PM   #108
Philliesfan980
Banned

Yeah, I just went to the EB site, those bundles are crazy.

I'll wait a year if I have to , nobody is going to make me buy 4 games I have no desire of playing just to buy a console. Why can't they at least let you configure the bundle yourself?
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 09:55 PM   #109
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliesfan980
Why can't they at least let you configure the bundle yourself?

I'm sure there's some behind the scenes deals going on between the software publishers, Microsoft and EB, since those games included in the bundles will get an artificial boost in their sales figures.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 09:59 PM   #110
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDalltheway
I just called my Gamestop store and they told me that I wont be able to find a place that I will be able to get a first shipment Xbox 360.. hmmm.. is that true? Did I snooze that much or what?

I doubt it - there will likely be some big box retailers that don't do pre-orders and will have the mad scramble that morning of people waiting in line to buy them. I'd also be surprised if all the online retailers are sold out of their initial shipments. For example, Amazon.com hasn't even started taking pre-orders yet.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:40 AM   #111
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDalltheway

They also told me that i get 20% of the price of every item traded in on added to the total price... Sooo $100 dollar item gets me $120 in store credit... hmmm. That makes me happy, and is probably worth the wait on the second shipment of 360's...

I put $50 down on my pre-order on June 13 and they only had 3 first shipment preorders left.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 07:05 PM   #112
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015
I put $50 down on my pre-order on June 13 and they only had 3 first shipment preorders left.
I didn't realize they were taking the preorders that soon. I just kept checking the online stores.. I figured that they would start taking preorders when it was available online. Oh well, I will get it soon enough.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 07:10 PM   #113
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
I disagree on that, but I do hope the games come in at 49.99, but highly doubt they will.

You lost me. What I'm saying is first-party titles are generally not priced below the premium level at launch. It took Sony 18-24 months before they set their premium pricing level at $39.99 (and they have a couple games selling at $49.99 right now, although I suspect that's a change at the retail level, not the manufacturer level).

At launch, if $59.99 is the premium price point, you can expect that all Microsoft titles will sell for that price.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:42 PM   #114
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril
Gamestop:Ultimate XBOX 360-$1,199.83

That is dollars not pesos. $1200 dollars unbelievable . Some of the games are good but not that good.IMO.

How about the $1,999 Omega bundle ?

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 07:43 PM   #115
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
How about the $1,999 Omega bundle ?

l33t
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 07:49 PM   #116
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Unbelievable.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:49 PM   #117
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
You lost me. What I'm saying is first-party titles are generally not priced below the premium level at launch. It took Sony 18-24 months before they set their premium pricing level at $39.99 (and they have a couple games selling at $49.99 right now, although I suspect that's a change at the retail level, not the manufacturer level).

At launch, if $59.99 is the premium price point, you can expect that all Microsoft titles will sell for that price.

Nope. Fantavison was a launch title for the PS2, made by Sony, that sold at 39.99.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:50 PM   #118
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Nope. Fantavison was a launch title for the PS2, made by Sony, that sold at 39.99.

One game does not a trend for the entire first-party launch library set. Fantavision was an overpriced piece of crap at $39.99, and the only reason they didn't charge $49.99 is because people would have rioted, between that and the eduction in the allocation of PS2 hardware.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:51 PM   #119
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I'll stick with my PC.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 07:52 PM   #120
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
One game does not a trend for the entire first-party launch library set. Fantavision was an overpriced piece of crap at $39.99, and the only reason they didn't charge $49.99 is because people would have rioted, between that and the eduction in the allocation of PS2 hardware.
And I never said it was always. If you want to re-read my post, I said typically. I never said always.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:54 PM   #121
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
And I never said it was always. If you want to re-read my post, I said typically. I never said always.

'Typically' and 'always' in this usage are so similar, they might as well be identical.

First parties do not, as a rule, lower their premium pricing on launch software. They're trying to soak the early adopters for every penny they can, because at launch, they're still losing money on hardware, and that software revenue is important.

As time goes on and the hardware becomes less expensive, they can afford to do a rollback on software pricing.

But the "typical" thing for first parties to do is to sell their launch games at the upper premium tier, unless there's a compelling reason (i.e. a game like Fantavision that virtually nobody would buy if better software were available) not to do so.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:55 PM   #122
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
And 59.99 is the price point for 3rd party titles.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:56 PM   #123
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
'Typically' and 'always' in this usage are so similar, they might as well be identical.

First parties do not, as a rule, lower their premium pricing on launch software. They're trying to soak the early adopters for every penny they can, because at launch, they're still losing money on hardware, and that software revenue is important.

As time goes on and the hardware becomes less expensive, they can afford to do a rollback on software pricing.

But the "typical" thing for first parties to do is to sell their launch games at the upper premium tier, unless there's a compelling reason (i.e. a game like Fantavision that virtually nobody would buy if better software were available) not to do so.
The reason why 1st parties sell their games for cheaper than 3rd parties is because they don't have to pay the same licensing fees as the 3rd parties. Most 3rd party games have to paya roalty to the console manufactuer, and that in part is the reason why the games tend to be more expensive than the 1st part games.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:02 PM   #124
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

My XBox 360 is reserved. I'm not in the first shipment, but I will be in the second. They expect that the second shipment will be in by Christmas, and the system is a Christmas present for me, so it should work out.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:03 PM   #125
dervack
College Prospect

I'm on the first shipment, I just hope I'm not required to buy one of these rediculous bundles.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:55 PM   #126
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/09/01/news_6132378.html

Wal-Mart enters Xbox 360 bundle war
By Tim Surette, GameSpot
09/01/05 11:09 AM
URL: http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/09...s_6132378.html

For some, the option of shopping online just makes sense. No dealing with lines, incompetent checkout clerks, or the emotional roller coaster of repeat visits only to hear the dreaded words, "sorry, we're out of stock." Retailers know that consumers will pay a little extra for the luxury of truly convenient shopping. A couple of clicks here, enter a credit card number there, and 3-5 days later a package arrives on the doorstep.

It doesn't take Economics 101 to know that high demand leads to price hikes, and it's plain as day with launches of gaming systems. EBGames and GameStop both revealed their offerings of Xbox 360 bundles, packages with superlative adjectives such as "ultimate" that include accessories (which some may deem unnecessary) and games. The bundles, which top out at $2,000, aren't very forgiving, limiting choices to "how much do I want to spend" instead of allowing shoppers to piece their add-ons together themselves.

Wal-Mart has unveiled its bundles, and not only are they of the more modest variety, but they also allow future Xbox 360 owners to choose their games. The online division of the megamarket is offering three bundles--two priced just under $580, and one priced just under $620.

The more expensive bundle contains the Xbox 360 Premium System (also known simply as the Xbox 360), a 12-month Xbox Live Gold card, an additional wireless controller, a play and charge kit, and the choice of two games. The other two systems feature the Xbox 360 Core System, a wireless controller, a play and charge kit, a headset, a 64MB memory unit, and the option of taking either a 12-month Xbox Live subscription and two games, or forgoing Xbox Live and picking up a third game.

The choice of games Wal-Mart offers are mostly of the usual suspects. Shoppers will find Project Gotham Racing 3, Perfect Dark Zero, Kameo, Quake IV, Peter Jackson's King Kong, and Madden NFL 06. However, there are a few surprises on the list, most notably the inclusion of Halo 3, and the absence of rumored launch title Dead or Alive 4. Consistent with Microsoft's pricing of first-party games at $49.99, third-party games, which are expected to retail for $59.99, will cost shoppers an extra $10.

While other options continue to roll in, it seems as though Wal-Mart may be a good bet for gamers looking to choose the games they want to be playing on day one.

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 03:18 PM   #127
Anthony
Banned

i'm starting to think perhaps i should just wait for a price drop. i'm starting to get up there in age, to the point where video games and new consoles aren't a make or break "i need this on launch or else i'll die" must-have item anymore. i'm also thinking i might get more mileage out of a PSP to use to and from work and on airplane trips with its movie viewing capabilities.

there comes a point in a product's price where i have to do a double take and see if it's *really* necessary or if i could use that money elsewhere and have just as much fun. these bundles will wind up costing these game companies more than they think.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 03:40 PM   #128
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
i'm also thinking i might get more mileage out of a PSP to use to and from work and on airplane trips with its movie viewing capabilities.

Are people really buying the PSP format movies? Am I out of the loop here?
Old 09-01-2005, 04:15 PM   #129
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan
Are people really buying the PSP format movies? Am I out of the loop here?

Well, our display rack for PSP movies at work is twice as large as our rack for games, which indicates the company continues to order them in quantity, which indicates to me that, at least here, yeah, folks are buying them.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:18 PM   #130
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Well, our display rack for PSP movies at work is twice as large as our rack for games, which indicates the company continues to order them in quantity, which indicates to me that, at least here, yeah, folks are buying them.

Wild. I guess I'm rather shocked that a 2nd format for digital movies is proving viable, especially in light of the coming next-gen movie format battle. Unless you have tons of disposable money, I can't imagine why you'd buy a movie in PSP format instead of DVD - are there people that primarily watch movies on the move (i.e. PSP) rather than in the comfort of their own home, and if so they don't already have a portable DVD player and/or a laptop with a DVD drive?
Old 09-08-2005, 04:13 AM   #131
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Amazon/Toys R Us is now taking preorders for the Xbox 360 in non-bundled form.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:45 AM   #132
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Wild. I guess I'm rather shocked that a 2nd format for digital movies is proving viable, especially in light of the coming next-gen movie format battle. Unless you have tons of disposable money, I can't imagine why you'd buy a movie in PSP format instead of DVD - are there people that primarily watch movies on the move (i.e. PSP) rather than in the comfort of their own home, and if so they don't already have a portable DVD player and/or a laptop with a DVD drive?

I purchased a couple of movies for my psp. I do a lot of traveling with the job I'm in. (about 14-18 business trips a year)

The PSP is a nice all in one solution. I can load my mp3's to listen to music, play games and watch a movie. It's perfect for a flight or killing time at the airport. I have an XPS2 laptop, and that beast doesn't get good battery life and isn't easy to pull out on an airplane anyway.

As for the disposable income, I don't have a lot, but I don't buy a lot of DVD movies either. In the last six months, I've purchased 4 DVD's (Sealab, Dead Like Me second season, and two bargain bin titles) and 2 PSP movies. (Kill Bill 2 and Dodgeball)
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 09:48 AM   #133
Daimyo
College Starter

I can't imagine buying a movie in a limited format like PSP. How many times can you watch that same movie and want to do so on a small screen? For the price of one movie you could probably pick up software that could convert DVDs to a small enough size to load on a memory card...
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 02:12 PM   #134
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Amazon/Toys R Us is now taking preorders for the Xbox 360 in non-bundled form.

Really? What link are you using? When I go to the Amazon website, it still says it's unavailable and offering to send e-mail when it does become available.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:00 PM   #135
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Really? What link are you using? When I go to the Amazon website, it still says it's unavailable and offering to send e-mail when it does become available.

Interesting. Looks like they made it unavailable to preorder now. This made its way through all the bargain sites like Fatwallet, CAG, and BensBargains last night, so I'm thinking they (Amazon/Toys R Us) were overloaded with orders and made it unavailable/sold out.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:21 PM   #136
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Interesting. Looks like they made it unavailable to preorder now. This made its way through all the bargain sites like Fatwallet, CAG, and BensBargains last night, so I'm thinking they (Amazon/Toys R Us) were overloaded with orders and made it unavailable/sold out.

Hmmm. I'd signed up to be notified by e-mail when it became available, and I haven't yet received such mail, so I'm puzzled by this news.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:52 PM   #137
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Xbox Live pricing.

Quote:
Microsoft announces North American Xbox Live 2.0 pricing
Quote:
By Tim Surette, GameSpot
09/08/05 12:02 PM
URL: http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/09/08/news_6132759.html

At the end of August, online retailers began listing product pages for subscription rates for the next generation of Xbox Live, sometimes referred to as Xbox Live 2.0. The prices barely differed from those of the current generation of Xbox Live, with only the minimal one-month plans rising in price and extra incentive pushed onto goodie-laden Xbox Live packages.

As noted before, Xbox Live Silver memberships will be free to all Xbox 360 owners. This basic level of service includes the ability to create a gamer profile, to send and receive text and voice messages, to access the Xbox Live Marketplace and download content, demos, and trailers, and to buy simple game features in the Xbox Live Arcade.

The Gold memberships include all the features of the Silver level, plus the ability to play online games, access enhanced matchmaking, and gain exclusive privileges and rewards on Xbox Live Marketplace.

Microsoft today officially announced the pricing for Xbox Live 2.0, confirming that the retailers had it right. The list of basic Xbox Live Gold subscription rates is as follows:

One-month subscription: $7.99 (CND$8.99)
Three-month subscription: $19.99 (CND$24.99)
12-month subscription:$49.99 (CND$59.99)

The above plans can be purchased directly through the Xbox Live dashboard with a credit card or can be bought at retailers in the form of subscription cards.

Gamers looking to spend a little more and get some value in return can focus their attention on the Xbox Live Gold packages. They come in three-month and 12-month plans and can be purchased from retailers. They break down as follows:

Three-month Xbox Live Premium Gold Pack
• All Gold-level features
• Joust (Xbox Live Arcade game)
• Xbox 360 Headset
• $10 mail-in game rebate coupon good for any Xbox 360 game
• 100 Microsoft points for use on Xbox Live Marketplace
• SRP: $39.99

12-month Xbox Live Premium Gold Pack
• All Gold-level features
• Bankshot Billiards (Xbox Live Arcade game)
• Xbox 360 Headset
• $20 mail-in game rebate coupon good for any Xbox 360 game
• 200 Microsoft points for use on Xbox Live Marketplace
• SRP: $69.99

Those hoping for a hint at the release date of the Xbox 360 weren't thrown any bones. Microsoft states the release date for the new Xbox Live services as "this holiday."

Microsoft also touted the current state of Xbox Live, which now has more than a billion hours logged. Houston, Texas, claims the top spot as the "Live"liest city in the world, with London taking the top spot outside of the United States. Almost a third of Xbox Live gamers are in the prime demographic of 18 to 30 years of age, and more than a third are currently raking in an estimated $60,000 a year or more.

First-person shooters are the top choice among Live users, with Halo 2, Rainbow Six 3, and Counter-Strike taking the top three spots. Though wargames dominate the top 10 list, Microsoft Game Studios' Project Gotham Racing 2 snuck into the number four slot. The top 10 list is as follows:

Rank / Title
1. Halo 2
2. Rainbow Six 3
3. Counter-Strike
4. Project Gotham Racing 2
5. MechAssault
6. Rainbow Six: Black Arrow
7. Ghost Recon
8. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2
9. Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
10. Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
Old 09-09-2005, 07:57 PM   #138
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Hmmm. I'd signed up to be notified by e-mail when it became available, and I haven't yet received such mail, so I'm puzzled by this news.

It looks like the people that ordered it from Amazon are seeing their orders being cancelled.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:16 AM   #139
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

Keep in mind that the PSP isn't aimed at the budget gamer in the first place.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:11 AM   #140
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

True, but for those with disposable incomes (and even those that don't) wouldn't it make more financial sense to not diversify your movie media collection, stick with one format (DVD) and just buy a portable DVD player? I suppose the reasoning would be in cutting down the amount of stuff you carry with you on the plane/train/car...

I guess I just don't understand buying movies in a format that I would only ever want to watch on one limited piece of hardware.

No skin off my back though - if Sony wants to have their movie studios put out movies in PSP format and some people are willing to buy them, more power to them.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:08 AM   #141
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Now Amazon/Toys R Us are selling bundles. 3 bundles each one is $799.89. Great deal.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:26 AM   #142
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
True, but for those with disposable incomes (and even those that don't) wouldn't it make more financial sense to not diversify your movie media collection, stick with one format (DVD) and just buy a portable DVD player? I suppose the reasoning would be in cutting down the amount of stuff you carry with you on the plane/train/car...

That's exactly it. People buying a PSP are doing so for a couple of reasons, but the biggie I've heard so far is "I do a lot of traveling and I want something to occupy me on the plane."

I don't know that the people buying movies for PSP are buying the same film on both formats. They may just be buying movies they personally want to see for the PSP, and buying movies the family wants to watch on DVD.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:14 PM   #143
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
That's exactly it. People buying a PSP are doing so for a couple of reasons, but the biggie I've heard so far is "I do a lot of traveling and I want something to occupy me on the plane."

Sure, I can dig. I'm tempted to get a PSP myself. But if I did so, it would only be for games - I still can't justify the idea of buying movies in multiple media formats where one of them (DVD) works on just about everything and the other (PSP) works only on one piece of hardware. I'd rather just buy a portable DVD player and carry a couple of items on the plane than invest in a second media format for movies. Maybe that's just me...
Old 09-12-2005, 03:26 PM   #144
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Sure, I can dig. I'm tempted to get a PSP myself. But if I did so, it would only be for games - I still can't justify the idea of buying movies in multiple media formats where one of them (DVD) works on just about everything and the other (PSP) works only on one piece of hardware. I'd rather just buy a portable DVD player and carry a couple of items on the plane than invest in a second media format for movies. Maybe that's just me...

Judging from the fact that there are 24 UMD SKUs forthcoming in September, and only five of those are games, I'd say that's a pretty safe bet.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:31 AM   #145
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/09...s_6132960.html

Interesting response to your objection. The essential problem I see with it is twofold.

1) if the movie bombed at the box office...how is selling it for 40 bucks going to improve market penetration?

2) By this point, given how long the PSP has been on the market and how relatively few new game releases there have been for it, don't you have to think that just about everybody who wants Wipeout Pure has it by now? I recognize the whole synergy aspect - let people race as the AI Stealth Jet - but I can't imagine this is going to sell to anybody but people who are both brand new PSP owners *and* liked Stealth in theaters.

That's got to be a pretty small population.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:15 AM   #146
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/09...s_6132960.html

Interesting response to your objection. The essential problem I see with it is twofold.

1) if the movie bombed at the box office...how is selling it for 40 bucks going to improve market penetration?

2) By this point, given how long the PSP has been on the market and how relatively few new game releases there have been for it, don't you have to think that just about everybody who wants Wipeout Pure has it by now? I recognize the whole synergy aspect - let people race as the AI Stealth Jet - but I can't imagine this is going to sell to anybody but people who are both brand new PSP owners *and* liked Stealth in theaters.

That's got to be a pretty small population.

A small population indeed. Interesting idea, and something I would expect to see attempted on traditional DVD format (and the upcoming HD-DVD formats) as well, so it's not an idea that is necessarily exclusive to the PSP. For example, The Suffering has been optioned by MTV Films - if it gets made, I could see a DVD bundle that includes the movie and the games, maybe with some new exclusive content.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:44 PM   #147
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by article
Rank / Title
1. Halo 2
2. Rainbow Six 3
3. Counter-Strike
4. Project Gotham Racing 2
5. MechAssault
6. Rainbow Six: Black Arrow
7. Ghost Recon
8. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2
9. Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
10. Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge

Boy is that old news. GR2 had been bouncing around the 2/3 spots, but they must have taken this just as everyone was switching over to Summit Strike. Summit Strike is back at #3 (Halo 2 is #1, Madden is #2), keeping the good GR name up at the top where it has been for a year (and where it belongs).

Not that I'm biased or anything
Old 09-13-2005, 08:07 PM   #148
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Now Amazon/Toys R Us are selling bundles. 3 bundles each one is $799.89. Great deal.

I'm still not seeing anything available online with Amazon for buying the Xbox360. Can you show me where you are seeing these bundles being offered?
Old 09-13-2005, 11:03 PM   #150
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Ah - these are specific to the Toys R Us part of the website. I wonder if Amazon will have their own pre-order bundles.

At this point, I'm probably going to wait. I'd rather not be forced into buying any games I don't want to have, and I can wait until after the Christmas rush once things have calmed down a bit.