Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOF2004 Strategies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-07-2005, 06:00 PM   #101
Plundun
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGiants
Excellent stuff, Pludun. Thanks a lot.

One question on the LB posiiton switch, do you know if leaving a WLB listed as WLB but playing SLB will get mentoring or not?

I never really play any players out of position too much but I would think that the game isn't sophisticated enough to differentiate between plays logged at different positions.
Old 05-21-2005, 07:07 PM   #102
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Pretty significant update on this thread: In every position group I've tested, mentors only effect players of 3 years experience or younger.

So a 4th year player who is receiving no playing time will not grow as a 3rd year player would in the presence of a mentor.

Keep in mind I'm not talking about on-field performance here (a great unstudied area in itself), but black-and-white player development. Mentors apparently on work on players in years 1-3.

I tested over half the positions with these same results, so I'm going to assume it's the same for all positions.
Old 05-21-2005, 09:35 PM   #103
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
Pretty significant update on this thread: In every position group I've tested, mentors only effect players of 3 years experience or younger.

So a 4th year player who is receiving no playing time will not grow as a 3rd year player would in the presence of a mentor.

Keep in mind I'm not talking about on-field performance here (a great unstudied area in itself), but black-and-white player development. Mentors apparently on work on players in years 1-3.

I tested over half the positions with these same results, so I'm going to assume it's the same for all positions.

Are you saying that mentors don't affect 4+ year players who aren't playing at all or that mentors don't affect any player 4+ years at all regardless of playing time? I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly or not. For example, I have a 4th year QB who has gone up 13 points in current potential this season. He is my starter and I have a mentor who has been inactive all season. I'm assuming you mean guys who sit on the bench for the entire season, but you know what they say about assuming.
Old 05-21-2005, 09:47 PM   #104
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap Ologist
Are you saying that mentors don't affect 4+ year players who aren't playing at all or that mentors don't affect any player 4+ years at all regardless of playing time? I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly or not. For example, I have a 4th year QB who has gone up 13 points in current potential this season. He is my starter and I have a mentor who has been inactive all season. I'm assuming you mean guys who sit on the bench for the entire season, but you know what they say about assuming.

What i means is Mentors have NO effect on the development of players in year 4 or later.
Old 05-21-2005, 09:54 PM   #105
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Yo Skydog..

Here's an age old question. Do you and the SWMBO sit at dinner and discuss your FOF studies and analysis? "So, I was doing a study today on the mentor and player development..and you wouldn't believemy analysis..."

I mean, seriously. You're awesome man...but I just have to wonder.
Old 05-21-2005, 09:57 PM   #106
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
Yo Skydog..

Here's an age old question. Do you and the SWMBO sit at dinner and discuss your FOF studies and analysis? "So, I was doing a study today on the mentor and player development..and you wouldn't believemy analysis..."

I mean, seriously. You're awesome man...but I just have to wonder.

Are you in the wrong thread? I would think so, but you specifically refer to this one.
Old 05-22-2005, 03:26 AM   #107
st.cronin
General Manager

SWMBO?
Old 05-22-2005, 08:30 AM   #108
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

She Who Must Be Obeyed
Old 05-22-2005, 11:11 AM   #109
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
Yo Skydog..

Here's an age old question. Do you and the SWMBO sit at dinner and discuss your FOF studies and analysis? "So, I was doing a study today on the mentor and player development..and you wouldn't believe my analysis..."
Sure. It is foreplay. Nothing gets her going more.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:27 AM   #110
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Not even the Mighty Patriotic Undie?!?!?!
Old 09-10-2006, 09:43 AM   #111
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Bumping and moving to GD.