Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-04-2005, 07:36 PM   #101
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
Redskins | Latest on Taylor Legal Situation - from www.KFFL.com
Sat, 4 Jun 2005 10:54:50 -0700

The Associated Press reports Fox Sports Radio's Jorge Sedano, citing sources within the Miami-Dade Police Department, reported that Washington Redskins S Sean Taylor fired shots at the home of people he believed had stolen an all-terrain vehicle of his. Sedano also reported that Taylor will be charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and will turn himself in to Miami authorities Saturday, June 4.

{smacks head}. I'm really trying not to buy the Sunday Ticket this year, but being in the DC area and knowing I"ll have to watch the Redskins every week is going to be tough.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 09:02 PM   #102
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
Redskins | Latest on Taylor Legal Situation - from www.KFFL.com
Sat, 4 Jun 2005 10:54:50 -0700

The Associated Press reports Fox Sports Radio's Jorge Sedano, citing sources within the Miami-Dade Police Department, reported that Washington Redskins S Sean Taylor fired shots at the home of people he believed had stolen an all-terrain vehicle of his. Sedano also reported that Taylor will be charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and will turn himself in to Miami authorities Saturday, June 4.

Doesn't he know that shooting at someones home is something that kickers do?
Old 06-04-2005, 10:45 PM   #103
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriarty
{smacks head}. I'm really trying not to buy the Sunday Ticket this year, but being in the DC area and knowing I"ll have to watch the Redskins every week is going to be tough.

Well, mate, I'm in the DC area and already plunked down my $250 for it. So, if you don't mind watching Lions' games give me a shout.

Speaking of which... Going into the 2004 draft a lot of folks either had the Lions taking or wanted them to take either Sean Taylor or Kellen Winslow. Hell, I really wanted them to get Taylor. Each passing day, however, I thanks the gods that the Redskins drafted Taylor and the Lions traded down, picking up Roy Williams, instead of drafting The Chosen One. Phew!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 08:13 AM   #104
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

According to local news this morning Taylor turned himself in and is facing two counts of assault with a firearm and one of battery.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 01:35 PM   #105
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips
According to local news this morning Taylor turned himself in and is facing two counts of assault with a firearm and one of battery.

As Noop would say....The U is back.
HomerJSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 05:40 PM   #106
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

This really belongs in the old Sean Taylor thread with all his other adventures.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 08:43 AM   #107
rkmsuf
Head Coach

They really dug deep for some indepth character analysis with this draft pick. I don't think you needed Dr. Freud to figure out the guy is a nut job.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:57 AM   #108
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

He didn't crap in their closet, though. So he's got that going for him.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 09:00 AM   #109
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
He didn't crap in their closet, though. So he's got that going for him.

He should teabag Joe Gibbs.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:09 AM   #110
Ksyrup

I think right about now, Joe is probably wishing he had teabagged Snyder when the job came open.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 06-06-2005, 09:20 AM   #111
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
They really dug deep for some indepth character analysis with this draft pick. I don't think you needed Dr. Freud to figure out the guy is a nut job.

At this point if I was an NFL GM I think I'd avoid all Miami players in the first round. Talented though they may be, your odds of off the field issues increase dramatically.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:27 AM   #112
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
At this point if I was an NFL GM I think I'd avoid all Miami players in the first round. Talented though they may be, your odds of off the field issues increase dramatically.

I don't necessarily agree with that blanket statement. There are many examples that suggest otherwise.

For any pick you have to factor in the moron quotient.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:59 AM   #113
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
I don't necessarily agree with that blanket statement. There are many examples that suggest otherwise.

For any pick you have to factor in the moron quotient.

True, but I'm willing to bet a historical analysis shows your moron quotient percentages increase with Miami players. Of course, my opinion may be jaded by some of the recent antics (Taylor, Winslow).

Supposedly Washington did a thorough background check on Taylor, and yet in just over a year he's skipped mandatory rookie classes, had issues with the media, had a drunk driving arrest overturned, threatened to hold out in his second year for a new contract, and now is waving a gun around and beating people up.

Granted other players from other schools have problems, and maybe it's just because Miami has more people drafted in the first round that it appears worse than it is, but I'd avoid them for a while. Let's see how Antrel Rolle does, as he seems more level headed than the others.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:18 AM   #114
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
True, but I'm willing to bet a historical analysis shows your moron quotient percentages increase with Miami players.

Sure, but so does your Pro-Bowl quotient.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:26 AM   #115
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
True, but I'm willing to bet a historical analysis shows your moron quotient percentages increase with Miami players. Of course, my opinion may be jaded by some of the recent antics (Taylor, Winslow).

Supposedly Washington did a thorough background check on Taylor, and yet in just over a year he's skipped mandatory rookie classes, had issues with the media, had a drunk driving arrest overturned, threatened to hold out in his second year for a new contract, and now is waving a gun around and beating people up.

Granted other players from other schools have problems, and maybe it's just because Miami has more people drafted in the first round that it appears worse than it is, but I'd avoid them for a while. Let's see how Antrel Rolle does, as he seems more level headed than the others.

There were major questions about Taylor prior to the draft. He was rated 70-100 potential in moron.

Last edited by rkmsuf : 06-06-2005 at 10:26 AM.
rkmsuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 11:53 AM   #116
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari
Sure, but so does your Pro-Bowl quotient.

True, but it's the boom/bust scenario. Me, I'd rather go for more of a sure thing in the first round than play the 50/50 game.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:53 AM   #117
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
There were major questions about Taylor prior to the draft. He was rated 70-100 potential in moron.

Which brings us back to the topic of this thread.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:03 PM   #118
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I just heard this on the radio. Apparently the Redskins have released a statement saying Taylor is excused from the upcoming mandatory workout and also all voluntary workouts. Does this mean something or are they just willing to let Taylor do whatever the hell he wants with no repurcussions?
Old 06-06-2005, 02:08 PM   #119
Ksyrup

Maybe they've excused him because he's unable to travel given his recent arrest.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:10 PM   #120
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Or they excused him to let him sort his personal shit out before focusing on practice drills. One must crawl before one can cross-train.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 02:11 PM   #121
rkmsuf
Head Coach

They excused him because you look at him wrong and he's going to shoot you would be my guess.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:16 PM   #122
cuervo72
Head Coach

Stop! Or My Safety Will Shoot
Old 06-06-2005, 02:39 PM   #123
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I'd be okay with the decision to excuse him if it was in conjunction with a statement from Taylor saying he would honor his contract and apologizing for ignoring Gibbs and the team.

It just seems like a very early response to this that gives everything to Taylor while asking nothing in return.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:00 PM   #124
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips
I'd be okay with the decision to excuse him if it was in conjunction with a statement from Taylor saying he would honor his contract and apologizing for ignoring Gibbs and the team.

It just seems like a very early response to this that gives everything to Taylor while asking nothing in return.

Yeah, if you believe the local radio commentators, Sean Taylor hasn't returned the Redskins calls all summer ... so it seems kinda goofy to excuse him from everything. Then again, I guess they figure he won't be showing up anyways, so they don't lose anything (except respect) for giving him the leeway.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:15 PM   #125
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

It isn't an 'excused' absence as in 'You get to go play some Xbox and smoke dope', it's an 'excused' absence as in 'We don't want your cancer around here. Go grow up'. This is the same kind of excused absence the team gave Trotter, Coles, and Gardner.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote