Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-16-2005, 10:48 AM   #101
3ric
College Starter

I've bought a lot of stuff from play.com, they are very popular and reliable.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:52 AM   #102
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

I would seriously doubt that their free shipping applies to international shipment though. If soo, jump on it quick. When I clicked on the "INTERNATIONAL" link on the top right corner, it took me to playusa.com...

FM
Old 03-16-2005, 10:55 AM   #103
Runtheball
High School JV

Trying to order it now, and while inputting address there is no way to select "U.S."
They'll ship to Greenland though!
Beware the beast "Man", for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates he kills for sport, or lust, or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, for he is the harbinger of death.
-- The Lawgiver
Runtheball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 10:55 AM   #104
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

dola,

found this on their FAQ...
Quote:
My country is not available when I edit a delivery address

At the moment we do not supply to Belgium, Denmark, Portugal or any country outside of the EU.

sorry...

FM
Old 03-16-2005, 11:09 AM   #105
Runtheball
High School JV

Sendit.com has it for $32 (that includes shipping to U.S.)
Beware the beast "Man", for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates he kills for sport, or lust, or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, for he is the harbinger of death.
-- The Lawgiver
Old 03-16-2005, 11:20 AM   #106
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

DON'T GET IT FROM SENDIT!

They got a bunch of cut-rate pirate copies.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:36 AM   #107
Runtheball
High School JV

Somebody say it ain't so!
I placed the order already, but think I can cancel it.

Where have people in the U.S. been buying FM2005? And for how much?
-- The Lawgiver
Old 03-16-2005, 11:42 AM   #108
vyshka
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runtheball

IIRC I bought it through gameplay.co.uk . I also just ordered issues 2 and 3 of FM Magazine from them and they shipped yesterday. It didn't take long for FM2005 to arrive last fall either. Prior to that I would pick up the latest on my annual journey to Ireland.
vyshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 11:46 AM   #109
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:

I ordered it from gameplay.co.uk the day it came out. Paid £29.95 shipping included (shipping to North America is £4.95)

Why don't you buy WWSM instead? If the language is bugging you, it's been confirmed that you have the choice between "English" or "US English"...

FM
Old 03-16-2005, 11:46 AM   #110
condors
College Starter

there was a whole big mess of people who bought it from sendit.com and are unable to play the game after they patch it.

not sure it has or will be worked out

i believe my wife got mine from a link off sigames.com
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 11:48 AM   #111
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by condors
there was a whole big mess of people who bought it from sendit.com and are unable to play the game after they patch it.

not sure it has or will be worked out

i believe my wife got mine from a link off sigames.com

your wife bought you the game?!? DO NOT EVER LET GO OF THAT WOMAN!!!

FM
PS: mine allowed me to buy it myself for my birthday last Fall, I will not let her go either
Old 03-16-2005, 11:51 AM   #112
Runtheball
High School JV

That SIgames website is terrible! I can't find the link to buy the game (though I have stumbled across it once before).

Quote:
Why don't you buy WWSM instead? If the language is bugging you, it's been confirmed that you have the choice between "English" or "US English"...

Yeah, that's what's bothering me. I didn't know of that option. Thanks!
-- The Lawgiver
Old 03-16-2005, 11:53 AM   #113
Runtheball
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
PS: mine allowed me to buy it myself for my birthday last Fall, I will not let her go either

Geez, never thought about asking my wife about this. You suppose I should?
-- The Lawgiver
Old 03-16-2005, 12:04 PM   #114
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
if you are totally unknown and have not managed anybody, i.e. start as unemployed, I'd think that nobody will offer you a job. You'd have to go to the job center and apply to jobs. Don't know for sure, just think it's how it'll happen...

FM

or you could use the LLM randomizer to ind of end up with the same result...

http://www.mitchellsclose.co.uk/LLM/...Generator.html

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 12:05 PM   #115
Critch
lolzcat

I didn't use this myself, but apparently you can get FM free if you sign up for the webcast services from certain clubs.

Go to http://www.premiumtv.co.uk, select whichever club takes your fancy from the pulldown menu, click on the link that pops up for free FM2005 if you sign up, then select Option 2, which is radio coverage only. That costs 12.99 pounds with a free FM thrown in. It does mention to allow 30 days for the game to turn up, so don't use if you're in a rush.

When I tried to sign up for my clubs webcast thing it never mentioned the free FM on the billing page, but that's hopefully because I was renewing, not a new customer.

Internal Dola - I've messed around with this now and it seems that it's only about half of the teams sites that are offering the free FM, just keep picking til you find one. Brighton and Hove Albion is one.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 12:10 PM   #116
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186

I knew about this generator, just tried it and it gave me "USA" as start league, after hitting F5 (refresh) a few times, it gave me this team: "Montreal - American Second Division Group A"

I'd have to assume this is the Montreal Impact, playing in League A, I think. I didn't know League A was a manageable league, anybody can confirm if it is???

FM
Old 03-16-2005, 12:22 PM   #117
vyshka
Mascot

Quote:
I knew about this generator, just tried it and it gave me "USA" as start league, after hitting F5 (refresh) a few times, it gave me this team: "Montreal - American Second Division Group A"

I'd have to assume this is the Montreal Impact, playing in League A, I think. I didn't know League A was a manageable league, anybody can confirm if it is???

FM

I wonder if this was creating during an older version of the game. I know they used to have the A-league, but I think they only have MLS now. Yep, just fired up the laptop and verified that only MLS is available. Now with FM fired up, I cant go right back to work
Old 03-16-2005, 12:24 PM   #118
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyshka
I wonder if this was creating during an older version of the game. I know they used to have the A-league, but I think they only have MLS now. Yep, just fired up the laptop and verified that only MLS is available. Now with FM fired up, I cant go right back to work

That's what I remembered from CM4 (the only other version I own), that League A was a manageable league, but that it wasn't in FM2005... not that big a deal, could have been cool, but I'm not sure I would have had fun with Montreal anyway...

FM
Old 03-16-2005, 12:25 PM   #119
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

dola, thanks for the confirmation!

FM
Old 03-16-2005, 01:10 PM   #120
Huckleberry
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186

I found another randomizer on the SI forums. Thanks for the idea, but I guess what I'm looking for is the game to offer me a job so I can convince myself I have a reason to have an allegiance to the club.

Heck, CM02/03 was the reason Torquay and Man City are my favorite English sides IRL now. I picked Torquay because I liked the town's name, and Man City was the first bigger club to offer me a job.

Here's hoping Torquay can pull themselves up from the relegation zone.

The Barking Carnival (Longhorn-centered sports blog)
College Football Adjusted Stats and Ratings

Last edited by Huckleberry : 03-16-2005 at 01:11 PM.
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 01:45 PM   #121
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Man, I cannot wait to get this game. Sounds like an addictive drug.
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 01:47 PM   #122
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDancer
Man, I cannot wait to get this game. Sounds like an addictive drug.

I know you read some of the dynasties out there. You know the damage it can do to your social life. You've been warned...

FM
Old 03-16-2005, 01:50 PM   #123
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I know you read some of the dynasties out there. You know the damage it can do to your social life. You've been warned...

FM

Hehe...I actually don't have much of a social life right now. Home from college this past year due to medcial reasons, and not doing anything. So it's not too much of a problem now. When I return to college in the fall, then it maybe a problem. But I think that it may be easier then dealing with the chicks sometimes.

I ordered the game, but I won't order the laptop prolly until the end of the month, and that will likely take 3 weeks to get. FM 2005 will be powered on this: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 650 w/HT Technology 3.4GHz, 2.0GB DDR2 SDRAM, 533MHz (2x1024MB), 80 GB 4200 RPM Hard Drive.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:54 PM   #124
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
I ordered the game, but I won't order the laptop prolly until the end of the month, and that will likely take 3 weeks to get. FM 2005 will be powered on this: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 650 w/HT Technology 3.4GHz, 2.0GB DDR2 SDRAM, 533MHz (2x1024MB), 80 GB 4200 RPM Hard Drive.

Would you stop waving these specs in front of my nose!!! I'm just so jealous, I want one!!! but it's not gonna happen... I don't have much of a social life either, but got two kids to feed, so gotta have priorities At least one of them was getting FM2005 when it came out. Funny, it was the first time I ordered a game the day it came out (in fact it was a preorder, as I ordered the day before it came out) and I have not had any regret about it, simply an outstanding game (call me fanboy if you want, I'm okay with it )

FM
Old 03-16-2005, 02:07 PM   #125
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Would you stop waving these specs in front of my nose!!! I'm just so jealous, I want one!!! but it's not gonna happen... I don't have much of a social life either, but got two kids to feed, so gotta have priorities At least one of them was getting FM2005 when it came out. Funny, it was the first time I ordered a game the day it came out (in fact it was a preorder, as I ordered the day before it came out) and I have not had any regret about it, simply an outstanding game (call me fanboy if you want, I'm okay with it )

FM

Haha...Sorry. I don't spend my money hardly at all, I'm pretty frugal (compared to other 20-21 year olds), but a good laptop is something I want to splurge on. Not just for the gaming, but a good system that can go 3-4 years and the portability (I'll hopefully graduate and move after this coming school year) will be nice. I actually priced it for about $2600-something from H-P. Not bad price considering the specs and its a laptop.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:13 PM   #126
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Haha...Sorry. I don't spend my money hardly at all, I'm pretty frugal (compared to other 20-21 year olds), but a good laptop is something I want to splurge on. Not just for the gaming, but a good system that can go 3-4 years and the portability (I'll hopefully graduate and move after this coming school year) will be nice. I actually priced it for about $2600-something from H-P. Not bad price considering the specs and its a laptop.

oh, it's okay. Seeing you put your money on a good computer like that is very commendable. It's something thatyou'll use for some time and it's been a well thought process. As I said, I would so want to buy a machine like that, but all I (we as a family) could afford when my old desktop was about to die was a cheap, yeat very dependable desktop machine... But we have a pool, we live in a nice house, all of that, I'm not complaining. But dang, I'd like to have a laptop like yours

FM
Old 03-16-2005, 02:19 PM   #127
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
oh, it's okay. Seeing you put your money on a good computer like that is very commendable. It's something thatyou'll use for some time and it's been a well thought process. As I said, I would so want to buy a machine like that, but all I (we as a family) could afford when my old desktop was about to die was a cheap, yeat very dependable desktop machine... But we have a pool, we live in a nice house, all of that, I'm not complaining. But dang, I'd like to have a laptop like yours

FM

The house is nice from the pics you posted. Trust me, I'll take that over the laptop. But then again, I'm just shy of 21.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:21 PM   #128
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Dola...

Any websites that list all the countries, and all the leagues, avaliable in the game?
Old 03-16-2005, 02:21 PM   #129
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
The house is nice from the pics you posted. Trust me, I'll take that over the laptop. But then again, I'm just shy of 21.

Thanks, and you know what, I'd take having the two kids we have with no house if I had a choice to make Someday you'll get there I wasn't even with my wife when I was 21

FM
Old 03-16-2005, 02:47 PM   #130
Desnudo
Coordinator

If you are in the US, I'd recommend getting it from Gogamer.com. Full retail, but you get it faster, and, with the exchange rate, you'll not find a legal copy much cheaper. Plus you can play it tomorrow, without waiting for the slow boat from Liverpool.

http://www.gogamer.com/cgi-bin/GoGam.../View/001FOOM5

Alternatively, if you are truely price conscious, pick a lower league team in England and check out their website. Some may still have the game for sale. According to M. Vaughn, they received about 100 apiece as part of a deal. For example, Forest Green is still selling their copies, and for only 10 pounds.

http://forest-green.brewersnet.com/fgrshop.html#fm2005

Last edited by Desnudo : 03-16-2005 at 02:51 PM.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 02:49 PM   #131
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I want the FM2005 version, (not WWSM)

Why? The only difference is when the patch comes in. The people claiming the language was different didn't know how to fiddle with the preferences apparently.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:50 PM   #132
Anthony
Banned

just bought FM. last copy too. woot!
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 03:50 PM   #133
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I have WWSM2005. I also played the demo of FM2005. I find no difference in the "language" used on the two.. Hell, the title screen at the top says "Football Manager 2005" ... "5.0.5" I was a little surprised by that, honestly.

I believe WWSM defaults to US English which i found distracting as I was accustomed to the British terms and switched accordingly.

Oh, there was also the instant gratification factor.

I still hate SI games.

Ok, that's more because i forget to sleep sometimes....

all the best,

tf
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 03:52 PM   #134
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Funny, it was the first time I ordered a game the day it came out. ... (I have not had any regret about it, simply an outstanding game)

FOF2 .. EA Sports FOF I ordered and downloaded the day it came out... Still don't regret that purchase.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:08 PM   #135
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui
Why? The only difference is when the patch comes in. The people claiming the language was different didn't know how to fiddle with the preferences apparently.

You answered your own question.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:22 PM   #136
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

So waiting an extra day is so horrible to you that you'd pay more for shipping? That's silly.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:45 PM   #137
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui
So waiting an extra day is so horrible to you that you'd pay more for shipping? That's silly.

Value is in the eye of the beholder and is relative. Silly to you makes sense to me. Nevermind that it's easier to find a copy of FM in the US than it is a copy of WWSM so shipping is irrelevant.

Last edited by Desnudo : 03-16-2005 at 04:47 PM.
Old 03-17-2005, 02:13 AM   #138
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch
I didn't use this myself, but apparently you can get FM free if you sign up for the webcast services from certain clubs.

Go to http://www.premiumtv.co.uk, select whichever club takes your fancy from the pulldown menu, click on the link that pops up for free FM2005 if you sign up, then select Option 2, which is radio coverage only. That costs 12.99 pounds with a free FM thrown in. It does mention to allow 30 days for the game to turn up, so don't use if you're in a rush.

When I tried to sign up for my clubs webcast thing it never mentioned the free FM on the billing page, but that's hopefully because I was renewing, not a new customer.

Internal Dola - I've messed around with this now and it seems that it's only about half of the teams sites that are offering the free FM, just keep picking til you find one. Brighton and Hove Albion is one.

Pure coincidence I'm sure
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 01:55 PM   #139
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
Nevermind that it's easier to find a copy of FM in the US than it is a copy of WWSM so shipping is irrelevant.

Not true at all. Gamestop has plenty of copies and there is a code to get free shipping. That's how I got my copy.
Old 03-17-2005, 03:39 PM   #140
Desnudo
Coordinator

And Gogamer has plenty of copies of FM. Anyway, buy WWSM if you want, that's your right. I'll continue buying FM until WWSM gets released at the same time and gets patched at the same time. That's my right. Silly argument done.
Old 03-17-2005, 03:43 PM   #141
Huckleberry
College Starter

Because I know everyone is so worried, I will update you on my career. I started with the USA start date (2/04). I continued manually until the Rushden and Weymouth jobs were both filled because I wanted a surprise. I then went on holiday and had auto-apply on. I got a job with Stafford in October and they are in 21st in Conference North(?).

Anyway, now I know to start unemployed with the English start date. The manual continues lasted from February until late July, I think.

The Barking Carnival (Longhorn-centered sports blog)
College Football Adjusted Stats and Ratings
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 06:18 PM   #142
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Huckleberry, you're in the bottom of the English leagues.

Good luck!
Old 03-17-2005, 08:52 PM   #143
vyshka
Mascot

For everyone that has been asking about Marc's Hint's and Tips Guide,
here is a link to the download of the CM4 version hints and tips .
There is also a pretty good article in the sigames bootroom on preparing
for match day.

Last edited by vyshka : 03-17-2005 at 08:52 PM.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:53 PM   #144
Desnudo
Coordinator

Has anyone else run into a return of the "player complaining about not getting playing time happening nearly every day" bug? Since I installed .05 I keep getting messages about Louis Saha being unhappy at Man U, every day.

Last edited by Desnudo : 03-17-2005 at 09:54 PM.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:56 PM   #145
Flasch186
Coordinator

And a Viikingit gets promoted....but i still have no transfer money, signing Eero Voipio was big but Sergejeff is the man.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 10:09 PM   #146
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
Has anyone else run into a return of the "player complaining about not getting playing time happening nearly every day" bug? Since I installed .05 I keep getting messages about Louis Saha being unhappy at Man U, every day.

How old is Saha in your career? In 2010, he is 32, and he doesn't complain at all despite my sparse use of him.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-17-2005 at 10:09 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 10:27 PM   #147
Desnudo
Coordinator

2009. And he already has signed a pre-contract with WBA for next summer. Very annoying, especially considering I don't manage Man U, don't have him shortlisted, and couldn't care less if he plays or not!
Old 03-19-2005, 09:13 AM   #148
moriarty
College Starter

All right, now i hate FM

I was in my 3rd year as coach of Liverpool, and finished 4th in the league. But I won the Uefa (Euro) Cup, the FA Cup and the Carling Cup. The fans were singing my praises and the board was satisfied w/ my performance.

During the offseason, I was offered the head coaching job of England which I quickly accepted. Two days later I was dumped as coach of Liverpool.

Now I ask ... did I get canned for taking the England job, or for not winning the premiership? Seemed rather harsh (especially considering how long they kept Houllier around) but I know in the past you weren't penalized for coaching the national team on the side. ??
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 12:36 PM   #149
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriarty
All right, now i hate FM

I was in my 3rd year as coach of Liverpool, and finished 4th in the league. But I won the Uefa (Euro) Cup, the FA Cup and the Carling Cup. The fans were singing my praises and the board was satisfied w/ my performance.

During the offseason, I was offered the head coaching job of England which I quickly accepted. Two days later I was dumped as coach of Liverpool.

Now I ask ... did I get canned for taking the England job, or for not winning the premiership? Seemed rather harsh (especially considering how long they kept Houllier around) but I know in the past you weren't penalized for coaching the national team on the side. ??

Hard to say without knowing the exact circumstances, taking a national team job will jarr off the board a bit as they know it'll take your eye off the team somewhat - however unless you're extremely borderline for keeping your job anyway (and they're looking for an excuse) then you wouldn't normally get fired.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 01:23 PM   #150
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I got offered the US job, and a month later I resigned because I really want Rosenborg to get back to the semi-finals of the ECC, and I got a mail asking me if I would reconsider my resignation. That was really cool.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote