Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-06-2005, 01:07 PM   #101
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Well, even if you play 10 minutes real time, it'll be a '90 minutes game time' . I was wondering if the ratings depend on the quantity of passes, shots, etc, rather than the quality of the play for that amount of time.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:47 PM   #102
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui
Well, even if you play 10 minutes real time, it'll be a '90 minutes game time' . I was wondering if the ratings depend on the quantity of passes, shots, etc, rather than the quality of the play for that amount of time.

Ahhh, I thought it might be shorter game time. I didn't know since I've played 30 minute games ever since I got it. I'm passing plenty and I had a 7-0 win recently with Ruud getting 4 goals and an assist and it still only got him an 8. I'm also making many passes and great plays with C. Ronaldo but he is usually only getting a 6 or a 6.5 for form.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 01:49 PM   #103
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Remember the Old trick in nhl 95.. skating parrellel to the goalie and shooting for easy scores?

Well, you can kinda do that in the lower difficulty levels of we8

don't try it above 3 stars though :P
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 01:54 PM   #104
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

So I'm guessing don't expect a rating score above 8 really . Seems 5-8 is gamut, but then again I don't know how bad some players have been .
Old 02-06-2005, 03:47 PM   #105
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:

That's what I was trying to say. I think it calculates based on quantity of actions performed. And since you're only playing 10 minute halves or what ever, you don't get the full rating.

At least you can spend 6 hours in the off-season running around cones to make up for it. Ugh.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 04:23 PM   #106
atatange1
High School JV

Well, that sucked. I just had to redo all Club/player names after my option file didn't work. I'm still debating if I should redo some of the kits I did.
atatange1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 10:41 PM   #107
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Operation Sports has a guy who posted an options file that has all of the EPL team names and kits redone. It also has a few other big clubs from a few leagues. I'm trying it now. It's good enough for me to at least start an ML career (assuming that this installation goes smoothly in a minute.)

The file can be found in the soccer forum under the thread about WE8 option files.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 02-06-2005 at 10:42 PM.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:56 PM   #108
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

The option file works great. Manchester United's uniforms look good as does the team flag. I looked at many of the EPL flags, and they look good.

Be forewarned that using the option file overwrites your own file and you lose any WE points you have acquired (Least I did.)
Old 02-06-2005, 10:59 PM   #109
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Couldn't you just put the memory card in and load it from the Winning Eleven edit page? It seems like it has an option to install parts of option files from it. I'll try it and see if that can work sometime this week.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:05 PM   #110
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Couldn't you just put the memory card in and load it from the Winning Eleven edit page? It seems like it has an option to install parts of option files from it. I'll try it and see if that can work sometime this week.

It's very possible that this would work. Actually, I seem to remember seeing that somewhere. Oh well, I only lost about 2600 WE points. Not that big of a deal.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:11 PM   #111
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Not a big deal? That's like 2 Classic Teams and Freddie Adu man!! Snap out of it!
Old 02-06-2005, 11:32 PM   #112
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Now, I'm trying to decide who to pick up in my ML career. I definitely will be getting Cristiano Ronaldo as he is just so young and talented. However, I only raised about 1200 points through the 3 guys I released and Ronaldo ate up 700 of those points. I can't decide who to spend the other 500 points on. I kind of want a stud keeper as I feel we are going to give up a lot of shots, but I also remember hearing about a good young forward. Julius Aghahowa also looks tempting as a striker, but I can't quite afford him.

But you are right, those WE points will be missed
Old 02-06-2005, 11:39 PM   #113
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

That's what you get for picking up Ronaldo .
Old 02-06-2005, 11:48 PM   #114
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Now, I'm trying to decide who to pick up in my ML career. I definitely will be getting Cristiano Ronaldo as he is just so young and talented. However, I only raised about 1200 points through the 3 guys I released and Ronaldo ate up 700 of those points. I can't decide who to spend the other 500 points on. I kind of want a stud keeper as I feel we are going to give up a lot of shots, but I also remember hearing about a good young forward. Julius Aghahowa also looks tempting as a striker, but I can't quite afford him.

But you are right, those WE points will be missed

Chun Soo Lee.. i'm telling your ef.. he's like 200-220

you WON'T be disappointed
Old 02-07-2005, 12:42 AM   #115
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragone

I did take him for 200

I also took a defender from his country too for 200. Blanking on the name right now. They were a great bargain that was too good to pass up. Thanks for the advice.

I lost my first game 1-0
Old 02-07-2005, 12:59 AM   #116
Ragone
Pro Rookie

I wonder why he's so cheap.. i mean in comparison to like EVERYONE else at that price range.. the korean's are superstars
Old 02-07-2005, 01:17 AM   #117
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragone

That guy is amazing. Defense, offense, he does it all.

From what I know, Japanese and Korean players all start at 200 value for some reason. I don't remember exactly why. It was like this in WE7.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:58 PM   #118
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Chun Soo Lee and C. Ronaldo almost single handedly won me an ML game

It only took until the 3rd game of the season to finally win one, 2-1. I passed a lot between Ronaldo and Chun Soo Lee, and they both had 8's for the game. I think if you get enough passes, shots on goal, and assists that it does help the Form rating.

My only criticism of Chun Soo Lee is that he isn't developing very much during the season so far. Then again, C. Ronaldo is 4 years younger and may have a higher potential rating. In 3 games, most of Cristiano's attributes have gone up a point, and the others are about to go up a point.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:04 PM   #119
Desnudo
Coordinator

I read on gamefaqs.com that there are three types of players development curves. I'd bet C. Ronaldo is on the short, spiked one so he'll develop faster than Lee. You can see what the curve looks like by going to the development sheet and clicking the player's name.
Old 02-14-2005, 04:21 PM   #120
atatange1
High School JV

The file with all kits/name's edited is up at OperationSports for X-Box Action Replay. The guy's Mudtiger and Jrod did the work so you know who to look for.
atatange1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 04:29 PM   #121
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Sweet! That's awesome .

The problem is that I also got Football Manager, and now I hardly play WE8 .
Old 02-14-2005, 04:40 PM   #122
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I just read the thread... that was funny. Those guys were doing all the work and you had all these (uhum..) vultures posting "Is it done yet?" JEEZ, they were doing it out of the kindness of their hearts and you are putting a time limit on it? Man!
Old 02-26-2005, 06:12 PM   #123
moriarty
College Starter

Ok, I finally got around to starting up a Master League, but I can't figure out how to turn on Injuries and Fatigue for the ML.

In the normal league setup, it gave you the options on the setup screen. Anyone know where it is for the Master League?
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 03:29 PM   #124
samifan24
Pro Starter

I bought this game yesterday and just can't seem to get into it. I've played several exhibition games and have been getting killed on the default difficulty level. I've tried the challenges, but they're so "start and stop" that I can't get in to those either. Anyone else having trouble getting into this game?
Old 02-27-2005, 03:52 PM   #125
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Try making the difficulty easier. I tried that myself... the hardest thing to learn after playing FIFA, is to be patient. Keep passing it around, looking for an opening.
Old 02-27-2005, 04:17 PM   #126
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24
I bought this game yesterday and just can't seem to get into it. I've played several exhibition games and have been getting killed on the default difficulty level. I've tried the challenges, but they're so "start and stop" that I can't get in to those either. Anyone else having trouble getting into this game?

It's a very challenging game. I usually play on 5 star and if I'm not paying attention or have been drinking, I can get slaughtered.

Drop down a difficulty level for starters. Ball movement is key on offense. Pass to space, not to men. On defense, don't focus on challenging for the ball, focus on marking the nearest, or easiest man to pass to.