Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-20-2004, 07:43 AM   #101
gi
College Prospect

Aucoin finnally started Leadership with achieveing Level 28 last night. Thanks to Gail and PV for sticking around for my level. I actually died three times last night. WOW! About time. New patch is great.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 10:21 AM   #102
C.J.
n00b

now now.....no one really dies in COH...you were defeated.

funny that the game is more enjoyable now because of that though....aucoin may have to work extra hard now that the patch upped the difficulty level a little.
GI buffs and Albino smokes and GI drinks and we die, hey!
- Non-Traditional CoH/Irish Folk Song

Last edited by C.J. : 09-20-2004 at 10:26 AM.
C.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 11:08 AM   #103
Thomkal
Head Coach

Thanks as well to those who helped Comet (and Gail) make it to 26 last night. Now if (if hah! I make myself laugh some times) you should die, I can turn you into a walking undead with mutation. As I said last night though its kinda weird that you have to die before I can use two of my radiation powers. (Fallout, which I'm still likely to get when I respec PV, sorry )

I may not be able to be there for the respec mission as it turns out-stayed tuned to your COH channel to find out for sure.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 06:33 PM   #104
hoopsguy
General Manager

And I am now officially out for Tuesday as well. Have to work that night, which is starting to become a theme as of late. Going through some transition with a guy leaving and my workload is really ratcheting up. So I'm going to be hit-or-miss over the next few weeks, I would expect.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 03:36 AM   #105
Bad-example
College Starter

Meh. I cleared the mission map for the Jewel of Hera mission 5 times but no victory. The last time I had a Life Mage nearly dead...instead of self-destructing he warped to a place under the floor where I couldn't get to him. I petitioned again but have not heard from anyone in game...frustrating.

Good luck on the respec mission!
Drinking like a lumberjack and singing Delta Dawn
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 05:54 AM   #106
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
And I am now officially out for Tuesday as well. Have to work that night, which is starting to become a theme as of late. Going through some transition with a guy leaving and my workload is really ratcheting up. So I'm going to be hit-or-miss over the next few weeks, I would expect.

Well, that sucks. Was really looking forward to having you along! As for everyone else, who else is on for tonight? I'll be there with Silver Streak.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 06:41 AM   #107
gi
College Prospect

Aucoin is showing up...but I'm not sure if I need to respec. I'll have to double check the hero planner. I'll still be there to help out. ETA around 8pm.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:37 AM   #108
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Hang is probably out...sorry
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 12:05 PM   #109
Thomkal
Head Coach

I can be there for the respec mission tonight, but I'm taping Big Brother and Amazing Race to do so. So if there's not going to be enough of us to do the mission, I'll skip playing tonight.

Who else besides myself will be there tonight then? Enough to do the respec? Are the ones who really wanted to respec going to be there?
Old 09-21-2004, 12:07 PM   #110
Raiders Army
Coordinator

This is true Thomkal. I'm willing to postpone the respec...or if we can't get together, maybe we should do it by ourselves with others. I'm close to level 33 with Silver Streak and I'm close to level 14 with White Napalm, so I'm willing to play either. Thursday night is a bad night for me, since Survivor and the Apprentice is on. I know, I'm a Mark Burnett whore.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:21 PM   #111
gi
College Prospect

Raiders Army, Thomkal, GI, CJ at least for tonight.
Old 09-21-2004, 02:24 PM   #112
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Albino Claw will be present. Wife is out for a bit tonight... she says 7-8 (EST) but you never know. Will be on as soon as I possibly can. What time are we talking?

I want respec bad.
Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 02:27 PM   #113
gi
College Prospect

I'll get there around 8pm. Aucoin doesn't need respec, but I will assist any who do.
Old 09-21-2004, 03:10 PM   #114
Bonegavel

Here's my first respec with Hero Planner. Comments welcome.

Archetype: Scrapper
Primary Powers - Melee : Claws
Secondary Powers - Defense : Regeneration
Slot[01] Level 1 (Starting Primary) : Strike /Empty,Empty,Empty
Slot[02] Level 1 (Starting Secondary) : Fast Healing /Empty,Empty,Empty,Empty,Empty,Empty
Slot[03] Level 2 : Reconstruction /Empty,Empty,Empty
Slot[04] Level 4 : Quick Recovery /Empty,Empty,Empty,Empty,Empty,Empty
Slot[05] Level 6 : Slash(Claw) /Empty
Slot[06] Level 8 : Combat Jumping /Empty
Slot[07] Level 10 : Swift /Empty,Empty
Slot[08] Level 12 : Swipe /Empty
Slot[09] Level 14 : Super Jump /Empty
Slot[10] Level 16 : Hasten /Empty,Empty,Empty,Empty,Empty,Empty
Slot[11] Level 18 : Integration /Empty,Empty,Empty,Empty,Empty,Empty
Slot[12] Level 20 : Focus /Empty
Slot[13] Level 22 : Health /Empty
Slot[14] Level 24 : Stamina /Empty
Slot[15] Level 26 : Eviscerate /Empty,Empty
Slot[16] Level 28 : Instant Healing /Empty,Empty,Empty,Empty,Empty,Empty
Slot[17] Level 30 : Dull Pain(Regen) /Empty
Slot[18] Level 32 : Resilience /Empty

Trying to keep in mind that i may be reverse sk'ing, I wanted a smattering of attacks throughout.

Now, if I wasn't worrying about reverse sk'ing, this is my build

Archetype: Scrapper
Primary Powers - Melee : Claws
Secondary Powers - Defense : Regeneration
Slot[01] Level 1 (Starting Primary) : Strike /Empty,Empty
Slot[02] Level 1 (Starting Secondary) : Fast Healing /Empty,Empty,Empty,Empty,Empty,Empty
Slot[03] Level 2 : Reconstruction /Empty,Empty
Slot[04] Level 4 : Quick Recovery /Empty,Empty,Empty,Empty,Empty,Empty
Slot[05] Level 6 : Slash(Claw) /Empty,Empty
Slot[06] Level 8 : Combat Jumping /Empty
Slot[07] Level 10 : Dull Pain(Regen) /Empty
Slot[08] Level 12 : Hasten /Empty,Empty,Empty,Empty,Empty,Empty
Slot[09] Level 14 : Super Jump /Empty,Empty
Slot[10] Level 16 : Integration /Empty,Empty,Empty,Empty,Empty,Empty
Slot[11] Level 18 : Focus /Empty
Slot[12] Level 20 : Swift /Empty
Slot[13] Level 22 : Health /Empty
Slot[14] Level 24 : Stamina /Empty,Empty,Empty,Empty
Slot[15] Level 26 : Resilience /Empty
Slot[16] Level 28 : Instant Healing /Empty,Empty,Empty,Empty,Empty
Slot[17] Level 30 : Eviscerate /Empty
Slot[18] Level 32 : Spin /Empty

Last edited by Bonegavel : 09-21-2004 at 03:19 PM.
Old 09-21-2004, 03:28 PM   #115
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Question, does it really matter what order you get stuff in, other than exemplaring to someone?

Also, just got an added bonus for tonight: oldest son has an open house at school and the wife expects me to go. Here's the kicker, it starts at 6 EST and lasts two hours, fifteen minutes. We'll get an intro, and then go period by period through his day. I'd rather just rush in, talk to the stupid teachers (not all of them, just the ones with whom I have problems), and get home as soon as possible. Sadly, that may not happen. I will be on NLT 8:30 EST.
Old 09-21-2004, 03:33 PM   #116
Bonegavel

The exemplar stuff is my concern. Don helped one of my lowbies out the other day and this brought home that it matters in what order you pick things.
Old 09-21-2004, 06:40 PM   #117
Thomkal
Head Coach

what the hell is exemplar?
Old 09-21-2004, 10:14 PM   #118
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Exemplar is the reverse side-kick.

Well, that was interesting. We didn't make it because somebody rushed into the reactor and died and caused everyone else to die (that would be me). The Sky Raiders are supposed to be the easiest mission, but if that's true, man...I'd hate to see the Freakshow and Rikti.

Aucoin, Gail-Force, Cometflash, Albino Claw and Silver Streak attempted it. Consensus was that we needed Don or Project Virus there...Project Virus especially because of the teleport. Going to the mission in Terra Volta was difficult for non-flyers/non-jumpers.

As a last note, when I went back to the contact, he offered the TV Reactor mission. So we didn't have to do the other two previous missions again.

Last edited by Raiders Army : 09-21-2004 at 10:15 PM.
Old 09-21-2004, 10:26 PM   #119
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Dola, after coming back from the CoH boards just now, I think three things contributed to our demise:

1. We needed Don (level 30 I think) and probably more essentially PV (level 32) to get closer in levels. I had Gail sked to level 31 and Claw had Comet sked to level 31. Aucoin stayed at level 28. Looking back on it, we really needed a tank and/or someone else to dish it out.

2. Inexperience with what we were supposed to do. We weren't sure what the reactor looked like or where it was. We do now.

3. When I ran away from the team to get to the reactor, Aucoin followed. This split our group up, and we didn't have a real strategy. I messed it up for the team, and had I not done this, then maybe #1 and #2 would not have mattered. I apologize for the debt.
Old 09-21-2004, 10:36 PM   #120
hoopsguy
General Manager

Sorry to hear that the first attempt failed here.

I'll do what I can to get another level before the next attempt. I'm at Level 31 at this point, about 25% of the way towards 32 ... will 32 get the job done, relative to other party member levels?

Last edited by hoopsguy : 09-21-2004 at 10:37 PM. Reason: general clarity
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 01:07 AM   #121
Bad-example
College Starter

Bummer about the respec mission...I hope your second attempt goes better.

I am pretty frustrated with customer service. They never did offer me any tangible aid in that bugged mission. I allow things like this to bother me more than I should.
Old 09-22-2004, 07:04 AM   #122
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Hoops, I think level 31 will get it done. Did anyone want to try Thursday night? Also, when I logged on briefly this morning, the TF was still available, so the same people could try again tonight. I would say that we don't, since it was a pain in the ass trying to get to the final mission.

Bad, I know how you feel. I have a mission that is taking up a slot and I can't complete it.
Old 09-22-2004, 07:43 AM   #123
gi
College Prospect

We only have to do the last mission if we try again. I can be on to do this tonight.
Old 09-22-2004, 08:45 AM   #124
Bonegavel

Shit! I think I quit the TF before leaving last night. Shit shit shit. I'm assuming i can't be reinvited. I would like to try again tonight if we can. 40k+ in debt is nothing compared to not being able to respec .

Can everyone make it again tonight? Was a helluva battle and I think the dry run (as it now will be known) was good to get the lay of the land.

I didn't realize we got separated. I was so caught up in healing myself while being attacked by 2 34 (purple) robot Bosses. I think I died 3 or 4 times, but don't fret Raider's - debt is just another thing to overcome. Gives me a reason to play.
Old 09-22-2004, 08:48 AM   #125
gi
College Prospect

I was thinking Aucoin can just exemplar to get rid of debt with one of our low peoples in the group.
Old 09-22-2004, 08:50 AM   #126
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I can make it tonight. The first two missions weren't bad...they were more of a warm-up, so if we want to do those again, it's no biggie. I don't think they took that long to do. The longest part was waiting for Gail and Comet to get to the last mission. Superspeed is definitely a disadvantage in the maps like TV, Faultline, etc.
Old 09-22-2004, 10:05 AM   #127
Thomkal
Head Coach

Terra Volta needs to be blown up never to return. what a disaster that zone is. I had to let myself be killed just so I could get out an area with no ground level exit after we failed the mission. I'm sorry that I am completely unskilled at jumping in this game and held us up there. It was quite embarassing on my part.

I believe I too may have quit the taskforce, thinking others were doing it, not having been on one before, but in my case no biggie if I did and can't rejoin. There was only one power I wanted to get rid of, whirlwind, and I'm not sure its worth all that aggravation again to respec. But if my speed and teleporting will be of help, then I of course will try it again. Not sure if I can be on yet tonight or not though.

If we are going to do it again, now that we know what to expect, I'd like to see a more solid plan for handling that last mission, with a leader who tells us what to do and what to attack, and plus slowing down enough (I know time is an issue in that mission) to let everyone catch their breaths and regroup before taking on the next part of the mission. And no one running ahead of the others unless its me to teleport everyone outside the reactor or elsewhere.

We've shown good teamwork in the past, so I'm sure we can complete the mission successfully if we work harder as a team this second time.
Old 09-22-2004, 10:22 AM   #128
C.J.
n00b

prolly won't be able to be on with gail tonight fellas. Our mail server blew up again at work last night, and this time it was the RAID 5 array that the mail database was on....and we don't have a good backup that we can fall back on, so I'll be quite busy trying to rebuild it again. (for the techies...yes it was a RAID 5 array which makes you think it shoulda been fine, but it was the controller card that choked..causing corruption across the array.)

As far as the mission...I'm not too bent out of shape about it, it was fun either way even though we failed. Yeah, I'm seeing the most outrageous debt I've ever seen in the game so far, but like GI said...I suppose you could always reverse SK with a lowbie somewhere and get your debt taken care of easier.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:23 AM   #129
gi
College Prospect

Thomkal:

I think because this was the first time we ever did it, tactics was at a minimum. We now have a pretty good idea on what to do. Gail's Hurricane should help. We need 1 tank or 2 scrappers. Candy and Regen before the main battle. Need to keep people off of the core, but if a tank can provoke, no problem there. Should be a lot easier than last time.

Okay, how about a step on the soap box. That was amazing that we couldn't do it. The game is fun again. WE HAVE A CHALLENGE!!! A real one too. One that is going to require us to work as a team in harmony. This is freaking awesome. And the goal of our this coming together teamwork? We get to respec which is a just reward. Great game design IMO.

I'll get off of my soapbox now...
Old 09-22-2004, 02:09 PM   #130
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

Sorry to hear that it didnt go so well. If you try it tonight I might be able to help but I have until 10pm est because I have to go to work. Dont know when you guys can get started and how long it willl take. But, Yeah i really want to give it a try even though I dont feel as I need a respec. Only have two enhancement slots that i want to put somewhere else.
ageofquarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 03:14 PM   #131
Bad-example
College Starter

I requested a supervisor contact me...twice...but never heard back. I was very much looking forward to getting higher in levels and seeing the world but I guess it is a good thing I found out early on how bad the support is in CoH. Oh well. I will still lurk here to find out how you guys are doing. Thanks for the fun while it lasted.
Drinking like a lumberjack and singing Delta Dawn
Old 09-22-2004, 04:23 PM   #132
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Hey Bad, that sucks but I wouldn't let it stop you from playing. I think it will be fixed eventually. Regardless of anything, I'm having a ton of fun playing...and that's saying something for me.
Old 09-22-2004, 05:10 PM   #133
Thomkal
Head Coach

I likely won't be on until at or after 9pm EST, so if everyone is on at 8, go ahead without me.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:20 PM   #134
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'll be on after 8 EST since the pilot of Lost is coming on tonight.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:22 PM   #135
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I don't know when I'll be on again, seem to be juggling real life (out barhopping last night), the sims2, and EHM.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 10:04 PM   #136
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Well, the good news (I guess) was that I hit level 33 tonight!

The bad news was that I logged off tonight with a little under 90,000 in debt.

Yin/Yang....whatever.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:55 AM   #137
gi
College Prospect

Sorry I missed last night. MBA started and with a busy weekend coming up, I had to study and do homework. If any high level character has debt, might be a good time to bring on a lowbe and exemplar
Old 09-23-2004, 08:50 AM   #138
Bonegavel

Yeah, Albino started the night with over 48k in debt and I had it down to the low 20s. Then, we started AoQs mission from which he had to bail and died at the hands of many many Devouring Earth. Debt back to upper 30s.

It's kind of funny, however, in that the debt (which used to bother me tremendously) no longer means anything to me. So i level at half speed for a while. The game content is increasing so it no longer seems I need to totally focus on hitting 50. I think the level grind post 30 is what did it to me. I realized that it's like watching the grass grow so I might as well not worry about it.

With that said, still looking forward to getting my "respec on" --- anyone up for it tonight?
Old 09-23-2004, 09:07 AM   #139
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'll be on tonight but before 8 EST. It's funny you say that debt doesn't bother you. To me, it's somewhat helpful. Since it's 470,000 xp to level 34, working off this debt is a good intermediate goal.

On a side note, getting the level 35 SOs (most of them combined to form level 36 SOs) makes a huge difference for me. This morning I worked off 10k in debt in half an hour. I was taking on 34 LTs and 2 to 3 minions solo which helps immensely. I spent about 1.5 million influence last night getting the level 35 SOs, so I'm really poor right now
Old 09-23-2004, 09:14 AM   #140
gi
College Prospect

My availability for tonight is questionable. Do not wait for me to do the respec mission.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:52 AM   #141
C.J.
n00b

Gail will be available tonight....sometime between 8 and 9pm EST. (not sure, but no later than 9)
I'm up for trying the respec mission again.
If Aucoin's not going to be there, we need to take that into consideration.
Old 09-23-2004, 01:28 PM   #142
Bonegavel

I will be on as soon as i possibly can, but I am solo with my daughter tonight while the wife has meet the teacher stuff. I guess I could of actually talked with her about how long she thinks it will be, but that would mean I'd have to actually pay attention.
Old 09-23-2004, 01:28 PM   #143
Bonegavel

I will be on as soon as i possibly can, but I am solo with my daughter tonight while the wife has meet the teacher stuff. I guess I could of actually talked with her about how long she thinks it will be, but that would mean I'd have to actually pay attention.
Old 09-25-2004, 12:44 AM   #144
Bonegavel

Well, tonight's Respec Task Force found us in the reactor room only to die at the hands of the endless hordes of Sky Raiders. With our Tankers help (Don the Baptist) our team was able to make it to the bowel of the reactor and make a stand. We waited for the onslaught to begin and when it did we met the masses full force. Our coordinated efforts worked to stave off wave after wave of Sky Raiders.

A few of us fell but we somehow managed to fight on until were finally overwhelmed and the reactor core went supernova. Valiant Gale was the only one of us that grabbed a cooling aparatus to keep the core at full strength and here was our downfall. Had the rest of us grabbed the gear, we probably would have finished this daunting task. Alas, it was not meant to be tonight.

Needless to say, I think we now have this mission parameters burned into our brains and we will not fail next time. No. Success will be ours. The most difficult mission in the game will NOT conquer us again.

Last edited by Bonegavel : 09-25-2004 at 12:50 AM.
Old 09-25-2004, 01:01 AM   #145
Bonegavel

Seriously, that was some fun. CJ, i apologize for not finding the cooling guns you were talking about. With those, we most likely would have succeeded. Things got way too hectic too quickly

Sorry for all the deaths.

Would like to do it again as soon as everyone has the time. I will definitely hit 33 sometime around the reactor mission.
Old 09-25-2004, 06:39 AM   #146
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm up for it again on Tuesday night. It was really fun last night. I think that if maybe sometime we can work around PV's schedule, his help would aid tremendously. What's funny is that I think you may have been right Bonegavel. I don't think I downloaded a new update since Tuesday, but the mobs seemed easier (even with the Don's help). I saw no purples (although I am level 33 instead of 32 now). This mission may set to the leader's level.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:23 AM   #147
C.J.
n00b

no apologies necessary. we gave it all we had. and did a damn good job too. When I grabbed the coolant, it said I got a "temporary power" but I didn't know if it was time-limited, or shots-limited. If it was shots limited, my bad for using it more often than I should have. I never let the reactor get below 3/4 "health".

Was it just me or did it seem like there was WAY more waves of enemies than there was supposed to be. It seemed like it would never end. On top of that, most of them could teleport right next to the reactor. I was going nuts trying to keep them all away from it...doing laps around the reactor with hurricane on and then throwing out holds, using "gale" to blow them away, and wormhole to teleport them out of the area. All that, and assisting Aucoin with heals whenever possible.

Defninitely an rush...most exciting thing I've played yet in the game. Again anyone?
I've actually restructured enough of my powers in the hero planner that this is worth doing until successful for me.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:36 AM   #148
gi
College Prospect

I'm up for a respec on Tuesday starting at 9pm.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:08 AM   #149
Bonegavel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi
I'm up for a respec on Tuesday starting at 9pm.

Count me in-like-Flynn.

We'll get it one of these days.

Had fun with our lowbies last night. We need to do that again some time soon. I will make a defender one of these days to give pretty boy a break.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:11 AM   #150
C.J.
n00b

A few things I've read on the boards about the respec mission:

- There should be coolant belts available for everyone on the team. Some people said that they were able to take two , but would be best for everyone to just grab one I suppose.
- A lot of people are saying that the mission is geared towards the highest member. I also read that some people believe the mission is geared towards whomever is talking with the contact...haven't been able to verify either yet.
- The red bubble that one of us got when entering the reactor room is something ALL of us should have. it's a radiation shield. And you can renew it by going back to get it again in the annex room. Not sure how to get it yet, but there's something in that room that hands out a shield. Will block you from taking damage from reactor. During down time between waves people on the boards said they would go back to the pre-room before reactor room to get another red bubble shield.
- Lots of people say it's best to stay together. Might be kinda hard, as I'm going to stick by reactor to keep hurricane doing it's thing, but lots of teams on the boards said that was one of the things that helped them is to stick around each other for buffs and AoE damage from spines or whatever.
- Some people are saying that they're failing the mission before they enter the room...possibly from the bombs in the hallway going off, and setting things into motion in the reactor room....again can't confirm any of this, but others are saying that if anyone with invisi scouts ahead, this will also start the events in the reactor room.