Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-28-2004, 01:39 AM   #101
juiceparis
n00b

I even let him hang around until the ninth so that my prediction was right.
juiceparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 01:45 AM   #102
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Now you have to deal with defending your title, Juice.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 02:01 AM   #103
Blade6119
Coordinator

Ill challenge him! I got to the semis and drew a match i would have won without a elbowing penalty
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 07:01 PM   #104
korme
Go Reds

YOUNG NASTY MAN - 1-0 BABY
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 07:19 PM   #105
atatange1
High School JV

I should get the first shot. I have already boxed "Juice" and it was a draw, even though I knocked him to the canvas twice in one round.

- Rupert "King of Comedy" Pupkin
atatange1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 09:09 PM   #106
TRO
College Prospect

The Ape is itching for a fight.
Old 03-28-2004, 09:16 PM   #107
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Young Nasty Man vs. The Big Meanie.

Book it.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 09:18 PM   #108
korme
Go Reds

The Big Meanie = The Big Droppie
Old 03-28-2004, 10:35 PM   #109
juiceparis
n00b

I'm more than willing to give pupkin a rematch, but I think it was a fluke that he was able to even stay in the fight with me anyway and i would no doubt dominate Paris-Pupkin II.
juiceparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 10:42 PM   #110
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Planning the next card now:

Shorty vs. Neuq
#1 contender fight between Mayes and Pupkin
Kong vs. (need a challenger)
Plus at least two other fighters who want to step up.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Old 03-28-2004, 10:46 PM   #111
Travis
Pro Rookie

I need back in, need a better showing than last time.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 10:53 PM   #112
JeeberD
General Manager

I'll fight anyone you want me to, Marm. How about a match versus that little kid Tucker?

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 11:34 PM   #113
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

OK,
Kong vs. Travis
Jobu vs. Tucker

That should round out the card unless there are any late entries.

I will also be randomly picking matches, but you will fight more if you post that you want to fight, and even more so if you set up a fight with another fighter.

Old 03-29-2004, 12:13 AM   #114
Johnny93g
College Starter

I want another fight....the ref screwed me last time.....I wasn't hurt....just trying to fake him out....
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 02:22 AM   #115
kingfc22
Head Coach

I need to rebound from that ass kicking I took in my debut.

Marm, give me anybody you got. I'll make sure that I'm ready this time.
Old 03-29-2004, 06:55 AM   #116
Kevin
High School JV

KGB will fight anyone. His heart aches for the good old days of the Cold War.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:28 AM   #117
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Give me Gonzalez. He's got a history against "Letter Opener"'s older brother on the FOFC golf course.

Unless there's not much randomness involved in the bouts, I'd love for Bruce Babson to get a rematch against The American Bear (although it seems like he's fighting a lot recently) or to fight Colton Mayes because he seems like a punk. But I'll take on anyone.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 09:03 AM   #118
Blade
College Prospect

I see I am already late to fight...but I would love to get back on the next card...I have a taste for it now!!!

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 09:53 AM   #119
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Anytime, anywhere, Babbles-on. Oh I'm sorry, that's Babson
Old 03-29-2004, 11:12 AM   #120
Sublime
High School JV

I'm game for anyone!
Old 03-29-2004, 11:15 AM   #121
Blade6119
Coordinator

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel
Planning the next card now:
#1 contender fight between Mayes and Pupkin

Its on Bitch! Im going to own you like i did that little girl Yellope! The title is mine, so you might as well just tuck tail and run back to mommy before i break your face!
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:22 AM   #122
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Ugh. Not a good debut for Norton there. Maybe should've added a tick or two to endurance.

I'm game for going on the next available card against whoever.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 12:30 PM   #123
lytic
College Benchwarmer

"KGB was cheating... he puts some crap on his glove that why I looked confused for a few rounds. The ref wouldn't listen!"

-Lytic Virus
Hattrick Moderator (since Season 22)
Evil Gargs' Hater (since Season 18)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--
My Pro Soccer Story
lytic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 05:32 PM   #124
kingfc22
Head Coach

Give me Babson. I'll give him a chance to taste the mat.
Old 03-29-2004, 06:13 PM   #125
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Fight Night from The Pyramid in Memphis, Tennessee. Fight Date: 8/25/2004

The Card:

Clyde ‘The Grape Ape’ Kong vs. Travis ‘The Reaper’ Elkin

Charlie ‘Swaggs’ Swager vs. John ‘Killer’ Naumoff

Jobe ‘The Suckpuppy’ Eckman vs. AJ ‘Tuck’ Tucker

Shane ‘Young Nastyman’ Kormelink vs. Neuq ‘Big Meanie’ Otto

Bruce ‘The Letter’ Opener’ Babson vs. David ‘The Assassin’ Gonzalez

Colton ‘The Blade Bomber’ Mayes vs. Rupert ‘King of Comedy’ Pupkin

Old 03-29-2004, 06:20 PM   #126
atatange1
High School JV

The only guy who will run home to mommy will be you after the fight. And she won't even be able to recognize you.

Old 03-29-2004, 06:21 PM   #127
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Opening Bout, scheduled for 8 rounds:

Clyde ‘The Grape Ape’ Kong (0-1) vs. Travis ‘The Reaper’ Elkin (0-1)

Both fighters enter the ring in outstanding shape for this fight. One of these fighters will pick up their first win tonight.

Round 1 started off a bit slow, but Elkin finally started trying to work the body of King and had great success in the last 2 minutes of the fight. He landed a few hard punches right into the ribs of Kong which will go a long way towards tiring him out. Give the first round to Elkin.

Elkin continues his body assault early in round 2. Kong has no choice but to start covering up down low, which leaves his head exposed. Elkin notices this right away and starts to land some solid hooks to the face of Kong. Kong is back peddaling and trying to hang on and stay out of harm’s way, but Elkin lands a devastating right cross which drops Kong to the mat, unconscious. There is no way he is answering the ref’s count. This is a clean knockout for Elkin!

The winner, by Knockout, at the 2:55 mark of Round 2 is TRAVIS ‘THE REAPER’ ELKIN!!!!

Old 03-29-2004, 06:28 PM   #128
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Preliminary Bout #1, Scheduled for 8 rounds.

Charlies ‘Swaggs’ Swager (0-0) vs. John ‘Killer’ Naumoff (0-1)

Both fighters enter the ring in perfect shape. This will be Swagers first professional fight, while Naumoff is looking for his first victory.

Naumoff came out and looked to work the jab in this fight early on. He had some success opening the way for some harder power shots. Swager took a few minutes to get into things, but when he landed a hard hook to the head of Naumoff, he started to gain confidence. The round was pretty even, but Naumoff probably will take this one.

The confidence Swaggs got in round 1 carried right over to a devastating cross that dropped Naumoff for an 8 count within the first 20 seconds of round 2! As soon as Naumoff got up, Swaggs sent him right back down with 1 punch. This time he is down for a 9 count, barely able to answer the ref. The fight goes on, but Swager makes quick qork of Naumoff by sending him right back to the canvas. That is 3 knockdowns in one round, which ends this fight. We have two fights so far, and 2 second round knockouts. Swager was extremely impressive in his first professional bout.

The winner, by TKO, at the 1:43 mark of Round 2 is CHARLIE ‘SWAGGS’ SWAGER!!!!

Old 03-29-2004, 06:51 PM   #129
JeffNights
College Prospect

The "Jellybeat" Jeff Nights would like a shot at John "killer" naumoff.
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 07:00 PM   #130
korme
Go Reds

*cackles and howls*

It's on Neuqua!
Old 03-29-2004, 07:08 PM   #131
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Preliminary Bout #2, Scheduled for 10 rounds.

Jobu ‘The Suckpuppy’ Eckman (1-1) vs. AJ ‘Tuck’ Tucker (0-1)

Both fighters are in tip top shape for this bout.

Round 1 was extremely even. Both fighters had some good exchanges, and both were able to land a few clean power punches in this round.

In round 2, Tucker was missing with some punches and Eckman was countering very nicely. He was building up a pretty nice lead in the round when Tucker unleashed a combination of punches into the gut of Eckman. That sent Eckman reeling and as he was trying to stumble away, his leg gave out and one of his knees hit the canvas. It is correctly scored a kncokdown!

Tucker may have turned the fight around in the last round because in the 3rd, Eckman was very hesitant and overly cautious. This allowed Tucker to score some solid points and take this round.

Eckman regained control of this fight in round 4. He was able to land a few hard rights in this round that clearly took its toll on Tucker. With Tucker tiring, it made it even easier for Eckman to finish up the round strong and win this one. In the corner after this round, Tucker’s corner has to go to work on his left eye, which is starting to swell up.

Round 5 was pretty even, but I would have to give the nod to Eckman here because he finished strong, and his punches seem to be doing more damage as well. We are halfway through this scheduled 10 rounder, and I have Eckman up 3 rounds to 2.

Credit Tucker’s corner for keeping the swelling in his eye to a bare minimum so far. It is allowing Tucker to fight a good fight, and not hampering him at all right now. He had a very solid round 6 which enabled him to tie this fight up on my cards at least.

Eckman is known for being a ferocious puncher and able to knock a fighter out with 1 punch. In round 7, that is exactly what he did. While Tucker came out jabbing away, Eckman held his ground, found an opening and flashed a straight right into the center of Tucker’s face. Tucker’s legs totally gave out on him and he crashed the canvas face first. He made a half-assed attempt to get up, but the ref counted to 10. This fight is history!

The winner, by Knockout, at the 0:45 mark of Round 7 is JOBU ‘THE SUCKPUPPY’ ECKMAN!!!!

Old 03-29-2004, 07:24 PM   #132
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Support Bout, scheduled for 10 rounds.

Shane ‘Young Nastyman’ Kormelink (1-0) vs. Neuq ‘Big Meanie’ Otto (0-1)

Otto is in great condition for this fight. And while Kormelink also appears to be in great shape, he was doing an awful lot of complaining about his share of the purse tonight. Hopefully, for his sake, he won’t carry this extra distraction into the ring. There’s the bell for round 1, and we are underway.

Not much action at all in round 1. Otto looks like a ballet dancer out there, moving around the ring with style and grace. Too bad this is a boxing match and he is not throwing any punches. Shane is trying to catch him, and did a few times, winning the round.

Otto slowed down his dancing in round 2 and started to box Kormelink, and he had some decent success trading punches with him. Koremlink seems to be more effective with his shots, but Otto outworked him int his round and takes it.

Round 3 was fairly even thanks to Otto being able to land some of his first damaging power punches of the fight. Late in the round, Kormelink fired off three straight rights to the face of Otto. Neuq barely reacted by the time the damage was done, and I think that late flurry would give this round to Shane.

Otto got a real earful from his corner in between rounds and came out like a man on a mission in round 4. He really took the fight to Kormelink in this round, landing shots upstairs as well as to the body. Midway through the round Otto shot off a 5 punch combination to the face of Kormelink, and his eye turned all red. He really worked Shane over, and you can see the effects it took as Shane is slow getting to his corner after the round. A very solid victory for Otto in this round. Those shots to the face has Kormelink’s eye all puffed up as his corner goes to work.

Otto let Kormelink right back into this fight in round 5. He barely even tried to dole out more damage on the eye of Shane. In fact, I don’t think he landed a single punch to that left eye. Meanwhile, Kormelink was dishing out the punishment and wins this round. I have Shane up 3 rounds to 2 midway through the fight.

Round 6 was pretty even with neither fighter gaining an advantage. For some reason, Otto is not following up on that left eye of Kormelink, and his corner is doing a great job keeping that swelling down. With no additional damage done there, it is making his corner’s work that much easier.

Round 7 was pretty even up until Kormelink unleashed a deadly hook that cut Otto open over his left eye. The blood is flowing freely on Otto now, and Kormelink is threatening to take over total control of the fight. An easy win on the scorecards for Shane here in the 7th.

Kormelink looks a bit tired as the 8th round begins. Otto obviously notices this as well because he gets very aggressive to start the round. Otto gets inside and works the body then launches a huge uppercut which actually lifted Kormelink off his feet. Shane lands on the canvas flat on his back, eyes rolled back into his head as the ref counts to 10.

The winner, by Knockout, at the 0:41 mark of Round 8 is NEUQ ‘BIG MEANIE’ OTTO!!!!!

Old 03-29-2004, 07:31 PM   #133
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Co-Feature, Scheduled for 12 rounds.

Bruce ‘The Letter Opener’ Babson (0-1) vs. David ‘The Assassin Gonzalez (0-1)

Babson looks to be in perfect shape, while Gonzalez looks OK, but we have seen him looking better.

I don’t think Gonzalez will even remember this fight. Babson came out and just totally overwhelmed Gonzalez from the word go. It was just a blur of punches from Babson, which neither I , not Gonzalez apparently, expected. The next thing we knew, Gonzalez was flat out on his back and the ref had already counted to 10.

The winner of this bout, by Knockout, at the 1:58 mark of Round 1 is BRUCE ‘THE LETTER OPENER’ BABSON!!!!!

Old 03-29-2004, 07:36 PM   #134
TRO
College Prospect

Damn, the Ape stinks, who wants to knock him out next?
Old 03-29-2004, 07:48 PM   #135
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

The Main Event, Scheduled for 12 Rounds to determine the #1 contender for the FOFC Title!

Colton ‘The Blade Bomber’ Mayes (2-0-1) vs. Rupert ‘King of Comedy’ Pupkin (1-0-1)

Both fighters appear to be in absolutely perfect shape tonight, as they should be with a title shot on the line!

The only thing Pupkin saw in round 1 was a barrage of power jabs by Mayes. Mayes really had an impressive first round, landing a bunch of sharp punches right in the face of Pupkin!

The second round was pretty even until Pupkin dropped a low blow on Mayes. No point was taken, but a warning was issued. Still, the effects were evident as Mayes was considerably slowed down, and Pupkin was able to take this round.

Mayes was able to regroup after the low blow in the last round and box a productive round 3, winning it easily.

Mayes really started to take over this fight in the 4th round. The only thing that stopped the ref from stopping it was a wild right from Pupkin that was lucky to land. But it did land, and it shook up Mayes enough to slow him and allow Pupkin to get out of the round. Still, a decisive victory of rMayes in the 4th.

The action slowed down a bit here in round 5, but I think Mayes is still clearly controlling this fight, and I would give him this round without a doubt as well.

Round 6 was a pretty even round in terms of scoring, but Pupkin really made a statement with a hard right that caused bleeding under the left eye of Mayes. We are halfway through this 12 rounder, and I have Mayes winning 4 rounds, and possibly even a fifth right now.

Mayes corner got the bleeding to stop, but it seems to have fired up Mayes. He comes out throwing punches and lands one clean, which sends Pupkin down for a count of 4! The round continues and Pupkin was clinching at every opportunity he had, not allowing Mayes to finish him off. Socre this a 2 point round for Mayes.

In the 9th round, Pupkin showed signs that he is not done yet. He was able to fight Mayes toe to toe in a very even round. Mayes cost himself a point here with a low blow though. Mayes is frustrated because Pupkin did not lose a point for his, but the ref does not want to hear any of it.

It is starting to get late for Pupkin, and he knows it. He comes out in the 9th, headhunting. Mayes leaves himself wide open to a brutal combination and Mayes goes down for a count of 7! Pupkin senses he can finish this fight now and takes it to Mayes when he gets back up. Another clean combination of punches sends Mayes down for a 4 count at the 1:40 mark of the round. Mayes will need to hold on here for another 80 seconds. But it is not to be. Pupkin throws a sweeping hook that finishes off Mayes as he hit’s the canvas for the third time this round!

The winner, by TKO, as the 2:04 mark of Round 9 is RUPERT ‘KING OF COMEDY’ PUPKIN!!!!!

At the time of the stoppage, Mayes had a 3 point lead on 1 card, and a 4 point lead on the others. This has got to be a tough loss for Mayes, but he is going to need to find a way to put it past him because he has a very promising career ahead of him if he can.

Meanwhile, Pupkin has earned a title shot!!

Old 03-29-2004, 08:25 PM   #136
Blade6119
Coordinator

What happened..i domintated him!...not fair at all!! Well, can i atleast challenge John ‘Killer’ Naumoff?
Demotivation
Old 03-29-2004, 09:08 PM   #137
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Assassin,

Stick to golf.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 09:25 PM   #138
atatange1
High School JV

Oh! What a victory I toyed with 'The Blade Bomber' and then the trap was set and pow! Down he goes! As far as the low blows, the ref recognized mine was accidental while his was a last ditch effort to save himself! Look out 'Juice! I'm a'coming!

Last edited by atatange1 : 03-29-2004 at 09:26 PM.
Old 03-29-2004, 09:39 PM   #139
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffNights
The "Jellybeat" Jeff Nights would like a shot at John "killer" naumoff.

Of course you would, apparantly I cant box......but lets go anyway...maybe ill get through a whole fight
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 09:59 PM   #140
MikeVic
Head Coach

RARR!!!

First Name: Mr
Last Name: Miller
Nickname: M-squared
Left or Right Handed: Right
Hometown: City, state and/or country: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Use 33 points among these three categories:

Control vs. Boxer: How well you fight against boxers (max 15): 10
Control vs. Slugger: How well you fight against sluggers (max 15): 11
Power: Duh...Power! (max 13): 12

Use 6 point among these three categories, 0 is the best, 6 is the worst, so a chin of 4 is so-so, but a chin of 0 is excellent.

Chin Vs. Knockdown: 2
Chin vs. Knockout: 3
Recovery: 1

Choose 1 which you want to be better at:

Absorb Punishment

Use 24 points among (max 10 in each category):

Killer Instinct: 9
Aggresiveness: 8
Endurance: 7

Choose if you are better at fighting inside or fighting outside: outside

Choose style:
Slugger

Choose foul frequency:
occasionally
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 10:03 PM   #141
korme
Go Reds

F'in Neuqua!
Old 03-29-2004, 10:34 PM   #142
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel
Eckman is known for being a ferocious puncher and able to knock a fighter out with 1 punch. In round 7, that is exactly what he did.

The winner, by Knockout, at the 0:45 mark of Round 7 is JOBU ‘THE SUCKPUPPY’ ECKMAN!!!!

Word. Who wants to be the next punk to be knocked out by The Suckpuppy?

Old 03-29-2004, 10:46 PM   #143
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Next.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Old 03-29-2004, 11:15 PM   #144
MikeVic
Head Coach

M-squared will face anyone that challenges him! 'Cause when you're this big, they call you Mr!
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 11:44 PM   #145
SFL Cat
College Starter

First Name:Walter
Last Name:Smith
Nickname: Slate
Left Handed
Hometown: City, state and/or country: Louisville, Kentucky (Ali's hometown)

Control vs. Boxer: How well you fight against boxers 10
Control vs. Slugger: How well you fight against sluggers 10
Power: Duh...Power! 13

Use 6 point among these three categories, 0 is the best, 6 is the worst, so a chin of 4 is so-so, but a chin of 0 is excellent.

Chin Vs. Knockdown 3
Chin vs. Knockout 2
Recovery 1

Absorb Punishment

Killer Instinct 7
Aggresiveness 7
Endurance 10

inside fighting

Choose style:
Slugger

Choose foul frequency:
occasionally
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 11:56 PM   #146
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Good Stuff!

First Name: Todd
Last Name: Vicious
Nickname: The V
Left Handed
Hometown: Troy, Missouri

Control vs. Boxer: How well you fight against boxers (max 15): 14
Control vs. Slugger: How well you fight against sluggers (max 15): 9
Power: Duh...Power! (max 13): 10

Chin Vs. Knockdown: 3
Chin vs. Knockout: 1
Recovery: 2

Absorb Punishment

Killer Instinct: 9
Aggresiveness: 5
Endurance: 10

better at fighting outside

Choose style:

Boxer

Choose foul frequency:
seldom
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 12:01 AM   #147
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

I'm gonna bring down the JBL'ers one by one.

Bring on Swager.
Old 03-30-2004, 12:07 AM   #148
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic
M-squared will face anyone that challenges him! 'Cause when you're this big, they call you Mr!

Look at this new guy coming in and talking trash. The Suckpuppy will teach you to watch your mouth...

Last edited by JeeberD : 03-30-2004 at 12:08 AM.
Old 03-30-2004, 12:11 AM   #149
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Assassin,

Stick to golf.

Damn, 2 fights and I haven't even finished a total of 3 rounds.

I challenge the Ape to a loser retires match.
Old 03-30-2004, 12:21 AM   #150
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Jeez, I go to the bathroom for a few minutes and I come back to see I missed the entire Gonzalez - Babson fight.