Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-02-2004, 12:46 AM   #101
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Raven Hawk II strolls into classroom, late as usual. Unlike his father, Raven Hawk II is unfocused and lethargic, often times insubordinate. Hopping from base to base as a child destroyed his social skills as he never lived in one location for more than a year. He didn't make friends easily and did not value friends that he had. At first, his mother tried boarding school. After getting kicked out of his third boarding school, the X-COM educational stipend had run out. Not knowing what to do, Mrs. Raven Hawk sent Raven Hawk II off to X-COM bootcamp.

"Nice of you to join us, Princess! Now plant your ass on the chair and pay attention!" crowed an angry instructor.

"Sir, yes, Ma'am!" Raven Hawk II retorted with a sarcastic grin.

"Do I have to remind you who your ass belongs to cadet?!" the instructor yelled, this time advancing on the young man.

A piercing gaze met Raven Hawk II's eyes, forcing him to avert them downward. Now that the instructor was closer, RHII could clearly read his badge: "Col. Wade Moore"

"You will sit in your seat and do as I say!" Wade Moore continued, "I haven't risked my nuts out there every day to teach miscreants like you! You may think you're special because yer daddy was a Captain, buy yer not! I fought with yer father, yeah that's right, and I knew him well. I'm sure yer daddy is rolling over in his grave right now seeing what a little punk his son turned out to be. Mind you, son, I will never get you confused with yer daddy! You don't have half the sac that he had and I can see it in your eyes. To tell you the truth, I don't give a rats ass if some Sectoid splatters yer brains all over my body armor. If your sole value to X-COM is that of a body shield, yer gonna be used like one. I suggest you get yer act together and shape up or I'm going to be scraping your brains off the side of a Skyranger. Capice!"

With that, Raven Hawk II sunk back into his seat and shut his hole.
Old 03-02-2004, 02:37 AM   #102
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
18. Cap. Klayman Order of Mojo; Silver Star of Terra; Silver Badge of Kahunas;
Silver Angel Wings; Purple Heart

sniff
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 07:17 AM   #103
Japherwaki
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla Blitz
Japherwaki: After reading Mission 41, I'm thinking that some kind of a Rabbit's Foot Award might be in order for an agent that has extremely good luck in a mission. We need a better name, though. Hint, hint.

Well, maybe someone else knows of who would epitomize that award better, but I swear Japherwaki II has to at least be in the running for luckiest X-Com agent ever, so I humbly submit the name "Japherwaki II Rabbit's Foot Award".

Old 03-02-2004, 09:18 AM   #104
Lokugh
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Yeah, he died. But then the save file got corrupted or something and GB had to go back to a previous save to be able to continue. How convenient...

That explains it. I was still on the waiting list...the first time< g >.

Lokugh
Lokugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 09:29 AM   #105
Lokugh
Mascot

Quote:
Japherwaki: After reading Mission 41, I'm thinking that some kind of a Rabbit's Foot Award might be in order for an agent that has extremely good luck in a mission. We need a better name, though. Hint, hint.

Well, how about the Shamrock Survival Medal (or Shamrock Medal of Resilience)? You can even make it in Gold, Silver and Bronze if you wanted.

Lokugh
Lokugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 12:11 PM   #106
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japherwaki
Well, maybe someone else knows of who would epitomize that award better, but I swear Japherwaki II has to at least be in the running for luckiest X-Com agent ever, so I humbly submit the name "Japherwaki II Rabbit's Foot Award".

How about the Rectal Horseshoe award, for having a Horseshoe crammed up one's rectum.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:01 PM   #107
revrew
Team Chaplain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Stop your bitching, stop your glory hunting, and grab your weapon. We've got aliens to kill. Sir.

Oh, look. Manfred von Richthofen and Erik Flamebeard just had career-ending injuries. Oh, shucks. As it is said, "Don't you give me no lip."

J/K
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 01:04 PM   #108
MrBug708
Head Coach

What did I do to get the two pins of cowardice? Did I turn a tank on someone?!?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 02:06 PM   #109
DeToxRox
Head Coach

yellow pin of cowardice.. all i'm sayin' is.. look whos still alive.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 05:08 PM   #110
gkb
High School Varsity

Alright I know I'm coming into this very late, but if there's any chance of getting called up can you add me to the waiting list please?? I'm really enjoying the dynasty...I could've sworn I had this game, but I haven't been able to dig it up. You've rekindled my desire to play it...
Old 03-02-2004, 08:11 PM   #111
RawIsDan
High School JV

Quote:
X-COM II Medals (Through Mission 40)
61. Sqd. Rawisdan Bronze Star of Terra; Bronze Angel Wings

Cool. Hate looking like a boot. Gotta have some medals on my chest.
RawIsDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 10:00 PM   #112
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

38 more missions to go...

Mission 41

Rich: Bronze Angel Wings
Rich saved Tasan’s life by killing an Ethereal just before it shot Tasan from close range.

Naiwf: Yellow Pin of Cowardice
Naiwf froze in combat, jeopardizing the mission.

Alf III: Yellow Pin of Cowardice
Alf went under alien mind control, and stymied the entire movement of our left flank.

Tasan: Rectal Horseshoe
Tasan spent five minutes right in front of an alien-controlled Alf III and lived. He got shot twice from close range. Another Ethereal had him dead to rights, but Rich killed it just as it was about to shoot. He got buried by debris from a nearby Blaster Launcher missile. Despite all this, he did not suffer so much as a scratch on the mission.

Mission 42

None

Mission 43

None

Mission 44

None

Mission 45

Sublime II: Bronze Star of Terra
Sublime killed three Floaters in action against a small scout UFO.

Mission 46

None

Mission 47
Raven Hawk: Bronze Star of Terra
Chief Rum II: Bronze Star of Terra
Daimyo II: Bronze Star of Terra
AStott: Bronze Star of Terra
Achilles: Bronze Star of Terra
In a bloody terror mission against Ethereals in Berlin, these five men fought galliantly and overcame the deaths of five agents early on in the mission.

Lokugh: Yellow Pin of Cowardice
Blade II: Yellow Pin of Cowardice
Both of these agents went under alien mind control and killed other X-COM agents. Lokugh killed two agents, one of whom was one of our bravest agents, Shorty.

Daimyo II: Purple Heart

Raven Hawk: Order of Mojo
At this point in his career, Raven Hawk had eleven kills in eleven missions, numerous medals, and had been the key factor in turning several potentially disastrous missions into victories. For his bravery and performance over a distinguished career, we present him with the Order of Mojo. Congratulations.

Shorty: Order of Mojo
Shorty’s had a distinguished career of 16 missions and 16 kills. He received numerous awards, and consistently performed admirably under intense pressure. For his service, we present him with the Order of Mojo. Congratulations.

Mission 48

Fonzie: Bronze Badge of Kahunas
Fonzie led the charge into a UFO and killed the last alien.

Wignasty: Purple Heart
Alf III: Purple Heart

Mission 49

Sachmo II: Bronze Star of Terra
Kodos: Bronze Star of Terra
Both of these agents killed three aliens on a mission against a large UFO in England.

Zippy: Bronze Angel Wings
Zippy killed a Sectoid inside the UFO that was just about to kill Sachmo II. (Is it just me or are we always just saving one of Sachmo’s relatives from near death?)

Kerillini II: Yellow Pin of Cowardice
Kerillini II panicked on this mission and had to be removed from action. He was killed by a Sectoid sniper on the return trip to the Skyranger.

Kodos: Order of Mojo
With this mission, Kodos racked up his 15th kill in 13 missions. His vigilant leadership, admirable performance in battle, and numerous medals merit our giving him the prestigious Order of Mojo. Congratulations!

Mission 50

Blade6119 III: Silver Star of Terra
Manning the Blaster Launcher, Blade6119 killed five aliens with some excellent shooting on a mission against a large UFO. His shooting was one of the key reasons why we came through the mission unscathed.

Qwikshot II: Bronze Angel Wings
Qwikshot’s, um, quick shooting saved Patman II from likely death.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 03-02-2004 at 10:01 PM.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 10:15 PM   #113
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I'm starting to think the best way to medal is make sure half of your group is killed and survive despite that

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 11:18 PM   #114
Japherwaki
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Hawk
How about the Rectal Horseshoe award, for having a Horseshoe crammed up one's rectum.

I like the name, but is it really considered good luck to have a horseshoe crammed up one's rectum? Even if it's a lucky horseshoe?
Old 03-03-2004, 01:51 AM   #115
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Tasan: Rectal Horseshoe
Tasan spent five minutes right in front of an alien-controlled Alf III and lived. He got shot twice from close range. Another Ethereal had him dead to rights, but Rich killed it just as it was about to shoot. He got buried by debris from a nearby Blaster Launcher missile. Despite all this, he did not suffer so much as a scratch on the mission.

Wow, its an honor to get the first one of these handed out. Bet I would have been in line for another if I'd lived through my last mission.

I'll go back to my cloud in heaven now.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:05 AM   #116
Blade
College Prospect

Yay! Yellow Pin of Cowardice! The entire Blade family is honored...

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 12:54 PM   #117
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Kodos: Order of Mojo
With this mission, Kodos racked up his 15th kill in 13 missions. His vigilant leadership, admirable performance in battle, and numerous medals merit our giving him the prestigious Order of Mojo. Congratulations!

Wow! This is a lot nicer than when I had the Kodos D'oh Pin named after me...

Last edited by Kodos : 03-03-2004 at 12:54 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 12:54 PM   #118
NAIWF
College Prospect

*mumbles under his breath* Stupid mission 41.
NAIWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 04:00 PM   #119
RawIsDan
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
I'm starting to think the best way to medal is make sure half of your group is killed and survive despite that

SI

Heh....seems that way doesn't it.
RawIsDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 04:03 PM   #120
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Quote:
Raven Hawk: Order of Mojo
At this point in his career, Raven Hawk had eleven kills in eleven missions, numerous medals, and had been the key factor in turning several potentially disastrous missions into victories. For his bravery and performance over a distinguished career, we present him with the Order of Mojo. Congratulations.

Woot! Just bury it with me and my other medals.
Old 03-03-2004, 04:18 PM   #121
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Whew. These things take forever.

28 more to go...

Mission 51

Coffee Warlord II: Yellow Pin of Cowardice
Naiwf: Yellow Pin of Cowardice
Rich: Yellow Pin of Cowardice
All three agents either froze, panicked, or went under alien control on this mission. Although no one was wounded because of their actions, their actions severely jeopardized the mission.

Thomkal II: Bronze Badge of Kahunas
Thomkal II panicked earlier in the battle, but was able to regain sufficient control to come back into the action. He led the charge into the UFO and killed a Sectoid in the process.

Mission 52

AStott: Gold Star of Terra
AStott took the point on this attack on a Sectoid battleship. Of the course of the battle, he killed five aliens in fierce, close-range fighting. Due to his stellar performance, the mission was completed with no casualties incurred.

Kodos: Bronze Star of Terra
Achilles and Kodos were two of several agents that assaulted the interior of the huge UFO. Both managed to kill Sectoids in the initial rush into the craft.

Render II: Bronze Badge of Kahunas
Render II led the charge into the enemy battleship.

Rawisdan: Yellow Pin of Cowardice
Zippy: Yellow Pin of Cowardice
These agents cracked in battle and abandoned their positions.

Kodos: Kodos D’oh Award
While searching the interior of the raised UFO, Kodos walked right over an open floor plate and fell out of the craft. After reentering the UFO, he promptly stepped on a weak floor plate, snapped it in half, and fell out of the craft again. D’oh!

Mission 53

Sachmo II: Gray Pin of Cowardice
Sachmo II forgot to preload the Blaster Launcher on this mission against a UFO scout. His error led to a delay in firing a missile that would have saved both Raven Hawk and Condors, both of whom died on the mission.

Mission 54

3ric III: Silver Star of Terra
3ric III took the point on the exit out of the Skyranger and came under immediate and heavy fire. Over the course of the next few minutes, he dispatched three Mutons as they furiously attacked our craft. His quick shooting turned the mission into a cakewalk.

Sachmo II redeemed himself by getting three kills with a Blaster Launcher on our first mission against Mutons.

Mission 55

Tucker: Bronze Badge of Kahunas
Tucker charged across an open field towards an enemy sniper that had us pinned near the Skyranger exit. He spotted the sniper and dove for cover. Seconds later, X-COM agents used his sighting to take out the sniper.

Revrew: Silver Star of Terra
Revrew single-handedly killed three aliens in a high-risk, fierce firefight near the entrance to the large UFO.

Cam Edwards III: Bronze Star of Terra
Cam killed two aliens in the battle and lost his life in a gallant charge at the enemy UFO entrance.

Fonzie II: Bronze Badge of Kahunas
Fonzie charged the UFO entrance and killed an alien in close combat.

Fonzie II: Purple Heart

Mission 56

Danny Van Halen: Bronze Badge of Kahunas
Danny single-handedly cleared a dangerous fissure in a rock mound, and killed an alien in the process.

BYU: Bronze Badge of Kahunas
BYU led the charge into the enemy UFO, and later killed the last alien as it pounced on him in a grav-lift shaft.

Mission 57

None

Mission 58

Coffee Warlord II: Bronze Star of Terra
Coffee led the way into the German alien base, correctly identified the alien, and retreated without giving away our position.

Mission 59

Achilles led one charge into the UFO and killed two aliens in the process.

Travis II: Bronze Badge of Kahunas
Travis II led a charge into the UFO. He was killed by alien fire inside the craft.

Mission 60

Fonzie II: Silver Star of Terra
Despite losing his lower arm early in the mission, Fonzie II returned to battle and killed two Mutons.

Both of these agents killed three aliens in fierce fighting inside a Muton base in Portugal.

Sachmo II: Gold Angel Wings
With the missile in shambles, Sachmo II fired a blind blaster launcher shot that set off a chain reaction that killed the Muton toting their Blaster Launcher. He later saved Fonzie II’s life with another timely shot.

3ric III: Silver Angel Wings
On the verge of death, 3ric III got off a radio message alerting us to the location of enemy blaster launcher that had just blown our force apart. With his information, Sachmo II was able to take out the launcher, most likely saving the mission. Shortly after sending the message, 3ric III died from his wounds.

Patman II: Bronze Badge of Kahunas
Patman II, severely wounded, charged an enemy position and killed a Muton.

Fonzie II: Purple Heart
Jeeber D: Purple Heart
Patman II: Purple Heart
Jfbbis: Purple Heart

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 03-03-2004 at 04:22 PM.
Old 03-03-2004, 04:23 PM   #122
JeeberD
General Manager

Woohoo, a Purple Heart! It might not be Kahunas or Terras, but at least it's no pin of cowardice...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 04:47 PM   #123
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

A couple more...

Mission 60

Sachmo II: Order of Mojo
At this point in his career, Sachmo II had gone on 16 missions and received an unprecedented 5 Bronze Star of Terra Medals, in addition to a Gold Angel Wings and a Gold Badge of Kahunas. In recognition of his service to Earth, we present Sachmo II with the Order of Mojo. Furthermore, we strike the Gray Pin of Cowardice from his record. Congrats!

Achilles: Order of Mojo
At this point in his career, Achilles had gone on 11 missions and logged 11 kills. His unblemished service record included three Bronze Star of Terra Medals. For his steady, distinguished record, we present him with the Order of Mojo. Congrats!
Old 03-03-2004, 04:49 PM   #124
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

A tally sheet...

X-COM II Medals (Through Mission 60)

Code:
ID Name Medals 1. Pvt. Cam Edwards Coffee Warlord Pin. 2. Col. Jfbbis Bronze Star of Terra (2); Purple Heart (3). 3. Cap. Patman - 4. Sgt. Fat Football Bronze Angel Wings (2) 5. Sgt. Sublime Yellow Pin of Cowardice; Gray Pin of Cowardice 6. Pvt. Blade 6119 - 7. Pvt. Jeff Nights - 8. Sgt. Render - 9. Sgt. Kerillini Bronze Star of Terra 10. Com. Kodos Order of Mojo; Silver Star of Terra; Bronze Star of Terra; Bronze Badge of Kahunas; Kodos Doh Award (2); Yellow Pin of Cowardice; Purple Heart 11. Sqd. Toddiec - 12. Sqd. Illinifan - 13. Pvt. MrBug Bronze Badge of Kahunas 14. Col. Wade Moore Order of Mojo; Bronze Star of Terra (4); Bronze Angel Wings (2); Purple Heart 15. Sqd. Rich 1033 Bronze Star of Terra; Bronze Angel Wings; Yellow Pin of Cowardice (2) 16. Sqd. Thomkal Bronze Star of Terra 17. Cap. Shorty Order of Mojo; Gold Star of Terra; Bronze Star of Terra; Silver Angel Wings; Silver Badge of Kahunas; Purple Heart; Kodos Doh Award 18. Cap. Klayman Order of Mojo; Silver Star of Terra; Silver Badge of Kahunas; Silver Angel Wings; Purple Heart 19. Cap. Revrew Silver Star of Terra 20. Sqd. Travis Bronze Star of Terra; Purple Heart 21. Pvt. Schmidty Yellow Pin of Cowardice 22. Sqd. Al Hill Kodos Doh Award 23. Sqd. Sachmo - 24. Sgt. Data King Purple Heart (2) 25. Pvt. Alf - 26. Sqd. Mr. Bug II Yellow Pin of Cowardice; Gray Pin of Cowardice 27. Sqd. Daimyo - 28. Sqd. 3ric Kodos Doh Award; Yellow Pin of Cowardice 29. Cap. Raven Hawk Order of Mojo; Gold Star of Terra (2); Bronze Star of Terra; Silver Badge of Kahunas; Gold Angel Wings 30. Pvt. Sterling Ice - 31. Cap. BYU 14 Bronze Star of Terra; Bronze Badge of Kahunas (2) 32. Sqd. Chief Rum Silver Star of Terra; Yellow Pin of Cowardice 33. Pvt. Qwikshot Gold Badge of Kahunas; Silver Angel Wings 34. Sqd. Cam Edwards II Bronze Star of Terra; Bronze Badge of Kahunas (3); Bronze Angel Wings; Purple Heart 35. Cap. Jeff Nights II Bronze Angel Wings 36. Pvt. Blade 6119 II - 37. Sgt. The Time Yellow Pin of Cowardice 38. Pvt. Split Personality - 39. Sgt. Thomkal II Bronze Badge of Kahunas 40. Sqd. Toddiec II Bronze Star of Terra 41. Sgt. Fat Football II Purple Heart 42. Sgt. Blade - 43. Sgt. Achilles Order of Mojo; Bronze Star of Terra (3) 44. Sqd. Airhog - 45. Sgt. Danny VanHalen Bronze Badge of Kahunas; Yellow Pin of Cowardice 46. Cap. Patman II Bronze Star of Terra; Bronze Badge of Kahunas (3); Yellow Pin of Cowardice (2); Purple Heart (2) 47. Sqd. Illinifan II - 48. Sqd. Fonzie Bronze Badge of Kahunas; Purple Heart 49. Sgt. Lokugh Bronze Star of Terra; Bronze Angel Wings; Yellow Pin of Cowardice 50. Sgt. Sachmo II Order of Mojo; Bronze Star of Terra (5); Gold Badge of Kahunas; Gold Angel Wings; Purple Heart 51. Sqd. Kerillini II Bronze Badge of Kahunas; Yellow Pin of Cowardice 52. Cap. Qwikshot II Bronze Angel Wings 53. Pvt. Alf II - 54. Sqd. Blade 6119 III Silver Star of Terra; Bronze Star of Terra 55. Sqd. Sublime II Bronze Star of Terra 56. Pvt. Schmidty II - 57. Sgt. Split Pers. II Yellow Pin of Cowardice 58. Sqd. 3ric II Bronze Badge of Kahunas 59. Sqd. Daimyo II Bronze Star of Terra; Purple Heart 60. Sqd. Illinifan III Black Pin of Cowardice 61. Sqd. Rawisdan Bronze Star of Terra; Bronze Angel Wings; Yellow Pin of Cowardice 62. Sqd. Data King II Bronze Badge of Kahunas; Yellow Pin of Cowardice 63. Sqd. Mr. Bug III - 64. Pvt. Japherwaki Bronze Badge of Kahunas; Yellow Pin of Cowardice 65. Sgt. Al Hill II Bronze Badge of Kahunas; Yellow Pin of Cowardice 66. Sqd. Tasan Rectal Horseshoe 67. Sgt. Chief Rum II Bronze Star of Terra (2); Bronze Badge of Kahunas 68. Pvt. Toddiec III Bronze Badge of Kahunas 69. Sqd. Zippy Bronze Angel Wings 70. Sgt. Naiwf Yellow Pin of Cowardice (2) 71. Sqd. Wignasty Purple Heart 72. Pvt. Coffee Warlord Coffee Warlord Pin 73. Sqd. CTHomer - 74. Cap. AStott Gold Star of Terra; Bronze Star of Terra (2) 75. Sqd. Alf III Yellow Pin of Cowardice; Purple Heart 76. Sqd. Fonzie II Silver Star of Terra; Purple Heart (2) 77. Pvt. PsychoCop - 78. Sqd. Render II Bronze Badge of Kahunas 79. Pvt. Blade II Yellow Pin of Cowardice 80. Pvt. Illinifan IV - 81. Pvt. Andone - 82. Sqd. Condors - 83. Sqd. Travis II Bronze Badge of Kahunas 84. Sqd. Split Pers III - 85. Sqd. Cam Edwards III Bronze Star of Terra 86. Sqd. Klayman II - 87. Sqd. 3ric III Silver Star of Terra; Silver Angel Wings 88. Sqd. Anxiety - 89. Sqd. RealDeal III - 90. Sgt. Coffee Warlord II Bronze Star of Terra; Yellow Pin of Cowardice 91. Sqd. Tucker Bronze Badge of Kahunas 92. Sqd. Jeeber D Purple Heart 93. Sqd. Afoci - 94. Sqd. Data King III - 95. Sqd. Katon - 96. Sqd. Illinifan V - 97. Sqd. Blade III - 98. Sqd. MrBug IV - 99. Sqd. Lokugh II - 100. Sqd. Sir Fozzie - 101. Sqd. Wolfpack - 102. Sqd. Japherwaki II - 103. Sgt. Condors II - 104. Sqd. Marmel - 105. Sgt. Swaggs - 106. Sqd. Travis III - 107. Sqd. Zippy II - 108. Sqd. Chief Rum III - 109. Sqd. Glengoyne - 110. Sqd. Breeze - 111. Sqd. 3ric IV - 112. Sqd. Airhog II - 113. Sqd. Anxiety II - 114. Sqd. Blade6119 IV - 115. Sqd. Klayman III - 116. Sqd. Chuck U Farley - 117. Pvt. Psycho Cop II - 118. Sqd. Calis - 119. Pvt. Tucker II - 120. Sqd. Sachmo III - 121. Pvt. Katon II - 122. Pvt. Mike Vic - 123. Pvt. Vince - 124. Pvt. Sir Fozzie II - 125. Pvt. Chief Rum IV - 126. Pvt. The Herd - 127. Pvt. Hoops Guy - 128. Pvt. ShaefIllini -

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 03-03-2004 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-03-2004, 04:55 PM   #125
NAIWF
College Prospect

I think I'm now one of the career leaders in yellow cowardice pins *cries in the corner*
NAIWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 11:05 PM   #126
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Naiwf: Your performance gets better, though, doesn't it?

Raven Hawk: Oh! We were hoping your son would be able to carry on the tradition set by your father. This one looks to be a problem child. Be interesting to see what happens to him when he gets his first taste of combat. Let's hope some of the genes made it to him even if the personality didn't.

Tasan: Yeah, I thought you were in for another one of those Horseshoes on your last mission. Two head hits and no injuries. That would have qualified. Not to be, though.

gkb: Welcome! The waiting list for guard duty is short now, so you you never know what might happen. If the war takes a wrong turn, it could be a long while before we make our assault on Mars. The rate that UFOs are coming now, we've got a lot more fighting to do.

Mr. Bug: Offhand, I don't remember what you did to get those two pins. It was Mr. Bug II, so it must have been very early in our game.

Jeeber D: Things get better for you in the upcoming missions.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:30 PM   #127
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Whoo! Decorated Grizzle!
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 12:26 AM   #128
kingfc22
Head Coach

I'm starting to get an itchy trigger finger
Old 03-04-2004, 03:59 AM   #129
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Quote:
While searching the interior of the raised UFO, Kodos walked right over an open floor plate and fell out of the craft. After reentering the UFO, he promptly stepped on a weak floor plate, snapped it in half, and fell out of the craft again. D’oh!

Is it me or is that just hilarious ?
Old 03-04-2004, 05:11 AM   #130
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastic flying froggies
Quote:

Is it me or is that just hilarious ?

It sounds like a Peter Sellars stunt from the Pink Panther movies.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 07:18 AM   #131
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze
It sounds like a Peter Sellars stunt from the Pink Panther movies.

I think Kodos needed to lay off the donuts. And the crullers. And the bear claws. And the eclairs. And the danishes. And the long johns. And the- well, you get the idea.

SI

Old 03-04-2004, 09:21 AM   #132
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

He had a bump on zee head.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 02:40 PM   #133
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Jeeber D: Things get better for you in the upcoming missions.

Yeah, I think I have at least a couple of Horseshoes coming my way...

Old 03-04-2004, 02:55 PM   #134
revrew
Team Chaplain

A medal! A Medal! I finally got a medal!

Okay, now that we've got that out of the way--time to put some Sectoids through the blender.

Let me guess. There's a gigantic, cascading waterfall ahead.
Yep.
No way to avoid it?
Nope.
Lethal, sharp rocks at the bottom?
Probably.
Bring it on.
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 07:15 PM   #135
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Enough medals. I want action.
Old 03-05-2004, 12:00 AM   #136
JeeberD
General Manager

Quiet rook. We veterans want our moment in the sun...

Old 03-05-2004, 03:42 AM   #137
Alf
Pro Starter

Nice recap GB !
Old 03-06-2004, 12:32 AM   #138
3ric
College Starter

Quote:
28. Sqd. 3ric Kodos Doh Award; Yellow Pin of Cowardice
58. Sqd. 3ric II Bronze Badge of Kahunas
87. Sqd. 3ric III Silver Star of Terra; Silver Angel Wings

My relatives are getting more accomplished with each incarnation, the first one was not, er, so successful...
Old 03-06-2004, 04:31 PM   #139
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrew
Let me guess. There's a gigantic, cascading waterfall ahead.
Yep.
No way to avoid it?
Nope.
Lethal, sharp rocks at the bottom?
Probably.
Bring it on.

Fantastic reference...great movie.

So what's the ETA on my first field action there, GB?
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 10:40 AM   #140
Tasan
College Starter

X-Com, where are you?

Bump.
Old 03-08-2004, 03:28 PM   #141
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Fantastic reference...great movie.

So what's the ETA on my first field action there, GB?

Darn, can't believe I missed that reference.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:33 PM   #142
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Sorry guys. Got really sick. Am better now. Will be back when I catch up with life. About a day.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:50 PM   #143
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sorry guys. Got really sick. Am better now. Will be back when I catch up with life. About a day.

So, which obligatory response to use? A) Darn sectoid plot of B) No excuses, get back to work

SI

Old 03-10-2004, 03:33 PM   #144
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Back on track. More medals. 18 more missions to go...

Mission 61

Jeeber D: Bronze Star of Terra
Jeeber killed three Sectoids in a mission against a Sectoid supply ship.

Mission 62

Japherwaki II: Bronze Star of Terra
Japh only killed two Floaters on this mission against a medium scout, but both were under difficult circumstances. His snap decision making when he snuck up on a Floater ambush likely saved the lives of a couple of agents as well. An excellent mission worthy of a commendation.

Mission 63

Danny Van Halen: Silver Star of Terra
Danny killed three Floaters with expert shooting in an engagement against a medium UFO. All of them were critical hits in high pressure situations.

Illinifan V: Purple Heart

Mission 64

Marmel: Bronze Star of Terra
Marmel killed three Floaters in some intense fighting around a large UFO.

Katon: Bronze Star of Terra
Katon led one of the charges into the UFO, and killed two aliens during the mission.

Japherwaki II: Bronze Badge of Kahunas
Japh led one of the charges into the UFO as well. He was knocked out in the process, but cleared the way for his fellow agents to finish the mission.

Japherwaki II: Rectal Horseshoe
Japh got hit four times with heavy plasma from point blank range as he entered the UFO. He suffered only minor scratches.

Mission 65

Mr. Bug IV: Kodos D’oh Award
In the heat of combat, Mr. Bug IV tossed a grenade at a Muton position. It would have helped if he had pulled the pin.

Mission 66

Swaggs: Gold Star of Terra
Swaggs chased down the Sectoid base commander as it tried to flee the base. He tackled it, then knocked it out with our last stun bomb. It is because of his actions that we unlocked the mystery of the alien brain on Mars.

Sir Fozzie: Silver Star of Terra
Sir Fozzie killed three aliens from close range in the assault on the German base.

Japherwaki II: Rectal Horseshoe
Aliens in the German base shot at Japh with everything: stun bombs, plasma, blaster missiles. Shots went just by him, just wide of him, exploded in front of him. They did everything but hit him. Hell, the alien manning the blaster launcher even blew himself up when he tried to kill Japh. Faced with such incredible luck, we hereby rename this award the Japherwaki II Rectal Horseshoe.

Sir Fozzie: Japherwaki II Rectal Horseshoe
Facing two aliens who have him dead to rights from close range, Sir Fozzie watched in amazement as the rear Sectoid shot the front Sectoid in the back, giving Sir Fozzie enough time to scramble for cover.

Marmel: Yellow Pin of Cowardice
Marmel ran from the fight and got mind controlled. Aliens later captured him and tortured him to death.

Condors II: Yellow Pin of Cowardice
Condors II got mind controlled by the aliens.

Travis III: Yellow Pin of Cowardice
Travis III got mind controlled by aliens and nearly killed Wolfpack.

Katon: Yellow Pin of Cowardice
Katon, under alien control, killed Sachmo II. X-COM agents killed him soon after.

AStott: Purple Heart

Mission 67

None

Mission 68

None

Mission 69

Danny Van Halen: Silver Angel Wings
Danny ran down the Skyranger ramp—under heavy enemy fire—to administer first aid to Zippy II. After applying first aid, he dragged Zippy back up into the Skyranger. His brave actions under pressure merit a Silver Angel Wings

Zippy II: Purple Heart

Mission 70

None
Old 03-10-2004, 03:39 PM   #145
JeeberD
General Manager

Wheee, a bronze star! I wasn't expecting that...

Old 03-10-2004, 04:16 PM   #146
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

And even more medals....

8 more to go!

(getting a wee bit tired of doing medals)

Mission 71

AStott: Order of Mojo
At this point in his career, AStott had 16 kills on 11 missions and an impressive collection of medals. His distinguished duty makes him the eighth agent to earn the coveted Order of Mojo! Congratulations!

Mission 72

None

Mission 73

None

Mission 74

None

Mission 75

AStott: Purple Heart
Illinifan V: Purple Heart

Mission 76

None

Mission 77

None

Mission 78

Revrew: Bronze Star of Terra
Manning a Blaster Launcher, Revrew placed three perfect hits on a Supply Ship’s bridge. The shots killed the Sectoid leaders and knocked out the enemy’s PSI capabilities. This shooting made the mission much easier for the advancing agents.

Afoci: Bronze Badge of Kahunas
Afoci led the charge into the enemy UFO and killed a Sectoid in the process.

Blade III: Purple Heart

Mission 79

None

Mission 80

Blade6119 IV: Kodos’ D’oh Award
Blade6119 tossed a grenade that hit a tree branch two feet in front of him. The grenade exploded at his feet, wounding him badly and disrupting our entire attack.

Blade6119 IV: Purple Heart

Jfbbis: Order of Mojo
At this point in his career, Jfbbis has logged nearly 20 missions and racked up 17 enemy kills. Although he is not a heavily decorated agent (outside of Purple Hearts), he has been one of our more reliable ones. For longevity alone he should get this award. We proudly present him with the Order of Mojo! Congrats!

Danny Van Halen: Order of Mojo
At this point in his career, Danny has 12 kills in 16 missions. He is one of only five agents who have received at least one of the three major mission medals: Star of Terra, Badge of Kahunas, Angel Wings. For distinguished service, we present him with the Order of Mojo! Furthermore, we strike his Pin of Cowardice from his record. Congrats!
Old 03-10-2004, 05:13 PM   #147
AStott
Mascot

Whee! I've racked up a pretty decent batch of medals... Nifty!
AStott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 05:21 PM   #148
Travis
Pro Rookie

Wow, Travis III is going to single handedly scar the family name after I and II each did such good work
Old 03-10-2004, 06:07 PM   #149
tucker342
Pro Starter

YAY! now we can get back to the missions!
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 09:15 PM   #150
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker342
YAY! now we can get back to the missions!

Ummm, not yet...

Quote:
8 more to go!