Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-19-2003, 02:45 PM   #101
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

This is some great stuff hope you keep this dynasty going.
Superman=#54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 05:36 PM   #102
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Iberian Religious Wars: The Granada Response of 1536

January 16, 1536 - Expansion has failed in Ciskei.

February 1, 1536 - The peasants in Aragon are revolting.

February 6, 1536 - England had the Welsh Act of Union.

February 7, 1536 -

Continued struggles in the province of Aragon is a serious problem. It is time for us to solve the situation. We get the following event:

Solving the Problems of Saragosa

"When the Crown of Aragon chose to incite rebellions in their ancient home, the people there with strong pro-Aragon ties grasped at the opportunity and continually revolted. Control over the city of Saragosa and the surrounding lands, known as the province of Aragon, would become mor and more difficult under the constant rebellions funded by the Crown of Aragon. As such, Granada would eventually have to take action. What action, exactly, Granada took would changce the course of Iberian history."

We have the following options:

We Shall Drive the Infidels From the Land:

Aragon converts to Sunni
Revolt in Estramadura
Culture in Aragon changed to Berber
Aragon becomes a core province
Population in Aragon -7500
Taxvalue in Aragon -2
Revoltrisk in Aragon -10 (Back to normal)

We Shall Trade Saragose to Aragon from Peace:

Secede Aragon to Aragon
Relations with Aragon +200
Revoltrisk in Aragon -10

We Shall Arm and Fortify Saragosa to Weather the Storm:

-600 ducats
Fortress in Aragon +2
5000 Infantry in Aragon
2500 Calvary in Aragon
25 Artillery in Aragon
Revoltrisk in Aragon -7 (Leaving it at +3)

The peaceful option, of course, is to relent and give the province back to Aragon in exchange for good relations. However, this does not set well with me. What would Aragon have learned? That fomenting rebellion in our lands is a good way to gain territory?

More military and rasing the fortress is a good idea for several reasons, including the liklihood of war later. And doing so would reduce the strength of revolts in Aragon. Eventually, revolts will happen rarely, if at all, as long as we are stable.

But I think that we need to teach both the people of the province of Aragon and the country of Aragon a lesson. You cannot win through inciting rebellion. We have lived through five years of this, and enough is enough. I intend to end this right now.

I choose to Drive the Infidels from Saragosa.

The modern province of Aragon now looks like this:

The iron mines of Aragon are worked by the 7281 Sunni Berber people here. The people in Aragon send us 11 ducats in taxes an production while shipping 10 ducats to Lyonnais in trade.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 06:08 PM   #103
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

February 14, 1536 - We defeat the last batch of rebels in Aragon. Aragon no longer suffers from nationalism, and all revolts are done.

I order the army to Estramadura.

March 28, 1536 - The Incas went with Reclaim What is Ours! in The Empire Strikes Back. The Inca Empire declares war upon the Spanish.

April 2, 1526 - Our army arrive in Estramadura and attacks the rebels here.

April 22, 1536 - All rebels have been crushed. I order my army back to aragon, military maintenance back to 50% and several thousand soldiers in Aragon.

May 6, 1536 - Spain had Appeal for Help.

June 1, 1536 - A war breaks out among the West African nations. Morocco dishonors their alliance with Mali. I invite them into our alliance and they agree.

September 5, 1536 - Spain has Help Arrives at Last.

October 21, 1536 - Ciskei expands.

November 19, 1536 - We have an offer on the table, a random and unexpected event occurs:

Colonial Expansion

An adventurer offers to defend our colonial settlement again native attacks. Should we hire him?

Lets Hire Him:

-100 ducats
+250 population in Pernambuc
Conquistador in Pernambuc.

Our Money is Better Spent Elsewhere:

-1 Victory Point

I decide to hire him

We now have another Conquistador, Derna. I order him and his 500 calvary to explore one unexplored area south of Itaimas.

Old 07-19-2003, 06:08 PM   #104
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

February 16, 1537 - We discover the province of Araxa. Copper appears near the ground here and could be mined. I order Derna northward and to return to the Amazones region.

April 1, 1537 - Our land technology increases.

July 4, 1537 - We arrive in Manaus. I order Derna riverward.

July 30, 1537 - Ciskei expands.

August 19, 1537 - We have discovered Solimoes. A poor province, but the natives here attacked us. We lose 400 men before Derna can retreat back to Manaus.

September 3, 1537 - I order Derna to hold in Manaus until reinforcements can arrive. 1000 calvary are being trained and equipped in Pernambuc.

February 19, 1538 - Spanish Conquistador is in Marajo attacking the natives! I watch the battle from Amapa with great interest.

I order traders to Marajo.

April 5, 1538 - Spain defeats the natives but they are still there. Spain is retreating form the province.

May 5, 1538 - Ciskei expands. With the natives, Ciskei is now a full province.

Ciskei:

Located in South Africa west of Transkei,the port of Ciskei is the easternmost port in our possession. 1102 people work the Sugar trade here. The Sunni and Arabic farmers send us 7 ducats annually in production and trade but create 19 in trade in Tago.

May 22, 1538 - Our Royal Marriage with Tlemcen and the Ottomans expire. We renew both.

May 27, 1538 - Gelre choose Elect Wilhelm of Kleve in Death of Charles of Egmont. Kleves annexes Gelre. Spain went with "We Must Defend Our Claim" in Kleve Inherited Gelre. Kleves selected "Ignore the Habsburgs and Accept the Election" in Wilhelm was Elected Duke of Gelre.

August 21, 1538 - Tunisia has canceled her vassalization with Spain. I offer her a spot in our alliance but she refuses.

December 1, 1538 - Salvador expands.

Old 07-20-2003, 02:14 PM   #105
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Iberian Religious Wars: European Powers Retaliate

December 30, 1538 - I invite Songhai into our alliance. They accept.

Janaury 5, 1539 - Tripoli has declared war upon Tunisia.

January 6, 1539 - Russia built St. Basil's Cathedral.

January 20, 1539 -

The Papal States have selected:

Publicly Condemn Granada for Her Actions in Saragosa

In Papal Condemnation of Granada's Actions in Saragosa.

Why do I care?

February 1, 1539 - MeiBen has become Protestant.

April 18, 1539 - We successfully set up a Trading Post in Marajo.

May 19, 1539 - I send colonists to Tiracambu to try and set up a colony.

June 4, 1539 - Spain has accepted peace with the Inca.

November 12, 1539 - Derna, our Conquistador, boards a pair of Transports. I want to explore some of the islands that I have yet to discover.

December 29, 1539 - A Gift to the State from a nobleman results in us getting 200 ducats.

January 4, 1540 -

Aragon has chosen:

We Can Tolerate the Islamic Presence No More!

in

Aragon Responds to Granada Driving Catholics From Saragosa

Aragon has declared war upon us.

I call upon our allies. Tlemcen joined us. Morocco and Songhai dishonored our alliance.

War has begun.

Old 07-20-2003, 02:45 PM   #106
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

The final showdown. Any chance Aragron survives this war? Does she have allies?
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 02:46 PM   #107
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Iberian Religious Wars: The Granadan-Aragon War of 1540-1541

Janaury 4, 1540 - I jack up the maintenance on our troops to 100%.

I order the 11000 troops in Murcia into Valencia. The Aragon troops are ordered into Catalonia to besiege Barcelona.

More troops are ordered in Toledo and Aragon.

I launch our fleet. January 19, 1540 - Our forces arrive in both Catalonia and Valenica.

January 26, 1540 - We have founded a colony in Tiracambu!

January 28, 1540 - Morocco has joined an alliance with Mali and enters their war against Songhai.

February 1, 1540 - Our fleet arrives in the Gulf of Valencia.

It is my goal to capture Valencia and Catalonia. Then, maybe we can end this war quickly and in our favor.

February 2, 1540 - 6800 Aragon Cavalry arrive in Catalonia to contest our 27000 infantry's presence.

February 16, 1540 - We crush the Aragon forces and continue our siege.

March 7, 1540 - Our troops are ready for war. I order the 7000 in Aragon into Gerona. The 8000 soldiers in Toledo are sent to Valencia.

March 20, 1540 - The Papal States had The Foundation of Societas Jesu.

April 4, 1540 - Our forces arrive in Gerona and assault the 2000 Aragon troops here.

April 11, 1540 - We defeat the Aragon troops in Gerona and lay siege to Gerona.

April 21, 1540 - Our Conquistador arrives in Barbados. Hmmm.... I launch our transports into the Winward Islands.

May 8, 1540 - Aragon assaults us in Catalonia. Barely. We defeat their attempts with ease.

May 10, 1540 - I order Derna to disembark into Martinique, an Aragon Trading Post.

May 22, 1540 - Derna has captured Martinique. I order Derna to reboard the ships.

June 17, 1540 - Aragon again sends a small attack force to Catalonia. They are easily repeled.

July 22, 1540 - Hungary had The Death of Janos Zapolya. Hungary becomes Transylvania as Janos Zapolya II takes the throne.

December 20, 1540 - Valencia falls!

December 28, 1540 - We discover Jamaica but are attacked by natives upon landing. I order traders to the island and Derna to retreat back to the ships.

Januiary 15, 1541 - Enthusiasm for the Navy has resulted in 5 galleys being given to us in Ciskei. I really don't need galleys so I scuttle them.

February 17, 1541 - I capture Catalonia!

May 3, 1541 - We defeat a few more Aragon soldiers in Catalonia

May 14, 1541 - I order my troops to board the fleet in the Gulf of Valencia.

May 29, 1541 - I send my fleet into the Gulf of Mallorca.

June 2, 1541 - Navarra has decalred their independance from Aragon. We sign a Trade Agreement with them.

June 20, 1541 - With our fleet loaded and ready to deposit troops into The Baleares, I send a peace envoy to Aragon. I demand Valencia and Martinique. They refuse. I order my troops to disembark.

July 3, 1541 - We have captured Gerona.

July 17, 1541 - Our troops arrive in The Baleares, eliminate the small defending army, and initiate a siege.

August 3, 1541 - Sensing our overwhelming force, Aragon offers us peace. Martinique, Valencia and Gerona for peace. I accept.

Old 07-20-2003, 03:17 PM   #108
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

An assessment of our new holdings:

Martinique - Trading Post in the Carribean with Sugar as its resource.

Valencia - A port province west and adjacent to Murcia. Also adjacent to Catalonia. 33420 people live here working the wine business. They send us 13 ducats in trade and taxes while creating 11 in trade in Lyonnais.

Gerona - A fairly poor province in the Pyrannees along the coast. Gerona is east of Aragon and up the coast from Catalonia. The 12394 Catholics here are fishers. I order a Tax Collector here. They currenlty send us 5 ducats and 4 to Lyonnais.

Both Gerona and Valencia are currently experiencing Nationalism. As such, revolts and rebellions are distinctly possible.

Aragon has a lot of territory left, but it's all spread out. It's capital, Barcelona, in Catalonia, is completely surrounded by us in Gerona, Valencia and Aragon. It also owns the province of Navarra. The province of Bearn revolts and took the banner of Navarra. I'm sure that they'll try to take the Aragon province of Navarra.

Roussillon is another Aragon province alone and isolated. Bearn and Gerona seperate it from Navarra, and Langeudoc (French) seperates it from other Aragon holdings in France.

Aragon still owns the Center of Trade Lyonnais and Cevennes in France.

Aragon also owns The Baleares in the Mediterranean, Sardinia, Sicily and Messina in Sicily, Malta, and Morea, which is Southern Greece.

Therefore, with it all spread out, Aragon is probably no longer a threat to us. Spain, however, is now our greatest enemy.

Old 07-20-2003, 04:07 PM   #109
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

August 18, 1541 - Our Conquistador, Derna, finds Les Cayes, on the island of Hispaniola. It's a Spanish Trading Post, however.

October 1, 1541 - Rebels in Tucuman have defected to the Inca Empire. They had been captured by Spain.

January 1, 1542 - I jack down our military maintenance by 50%. I move us a step towards Naval. Our stability drops.

February 1, 1542 - Tunisia and Tripoli are now at peace.

March 2, 1542 - The revolters in Coquimbo have defected to the Incas.

March 11, 1542 - Navarra entered an alliance with Spain.

March 14, 1542 - France annexes Savoy.

March 15, 1542 - Papal States selected Spanish Model Inquisition in Reorganization of the Holy Inquisition.

May 29, 1542 - Derna has discovered Moron, a province on Cuba.

July 8, 1542 - We have successfully establish a Trading Post in Jamaica.

I send colonists to Salvador.

August 4, 1542 - Livonia has changed her religion to Protestant.

I order a Tax Collector to Ciskei.

September 27, 1542 - Our Conquistador arrives in Guadeloupe. The natives attack. I order Derna to fight it out.

October 1, 1542 - Our Naval Technology increases.

October 15, 1542 - We have defeated the natives in Guadeluope but not destroyed them. Excellent.

Since a Conquistador is also an explorer, any province that I try to settle in with Derna in it has a higher chance of taking. I send colonists to Guadeloupe and traders to St. Martin, which was recently destroyed by a native attack. However, the natives were wiped out by Spaniards, so the land should be easy to take.

January 8, 1543 - Our Royal Marriage with Mameluks has expired. We renew it.

January 10, 1543 - Salvador expands.

August 10, 1543 - Our colonists to Guadeloupe have succeeded!

January 1, 1544 - Market Flucuations have occured. A new Center of Trade is opened in Antigua. The Spanish colony of Antigua is now a Center of Trade.

January 4, 1544 - We have set up a Trading Post in St. Martin.

February 1, 1544 - The natives in Guadeloupe have attacked us.

February 7, 1544 - Derna defeats but does not kill the natives in Guaoeloupe.

February 9, 1544 - Guadeloupe expands. More colonists are sent.

June 15, 1544 - Two of our mercahnts sent to Guadeloupe have succeeded. Another failed.

August 10, 1544 - Guadeloupe expands.

Old 07-21-2003, 09:31 PM   #110
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Continued Development of Granada

September 12, 1544 - The following worldwide event occurs:

Jean Calvin

"Luther's followers created a formal church but Calvin's followers created many churches - among them the French Huguenots, the English Puritans, the Scottish Presbyterians and the Dutch Reformed Church."

A new religion type, Reformed, is now in effect and several provines have changed over to Reformed. The closest to us is Bearn, the current capital of Navarra. There are several southern French provinces where the Reformed movement has caught fire.

November 1, 1544 - Our stability has increased, thereby maxing out again.

January 18, 1545 - We have the following event:

Granada's Modernization of the Military

"After fighting several wars against Europeans with better weapons, tactics and soldiers, Granada might want to consider an effort to modernize the military. However, it would cost a bit."

Modernize the Military:

-600 ducats
Offensive Doctrine +1
Quality +2
Weapons Manufactory in Granada

Choose to Spend the Gold Elsewhere:

-10 victory points

Once in a while, a people are so willing or change, that they are easy to organize, volunteer their effort, and the like. Usually, such an effort occurs around wartime. In this case, it occurs because of war.

The money that we would have to spend to harness our people is not nearly what it would actually cost. As such, it is reasonable to take advantage of this one time ability to modernize our efforts. Although it requires taking out two loans, I order us to modernize our military.

February 15, 1545 - Despite amazingly good odds, our colonization attempt to Guadeloupe failed. I send in more colonists.

March 14, 1545 - I offer a Royal Marriage to Tunisia and they accept. We sign a Trade Agreement with Bavaria and Salzburg.

May 1, 1545 - Rebels are taking to the fields in Gerona.

May 12, 1545 - All rebels in Gerona have been crushed by our standing troops.

May 13, 1545 - The Papal States had The Counter-Reformation and the Reformation of the Catholic Faith.

August 26, 1545 - Guadeloupe expands.

September 1, 1545 - The peasants in Valencia are revolting.

September 20, 1545 - Our army from Aragon arrives in Valenica.

September 25, 1545 - Hessen has declared war upon Austria. Spain joined the war on Austria's side but Navarra dishonored their alliance.

October 4, 1545 - Rebels in Valencia have been crushed.

December 1, 1545 - Rebels have again attacked in Gerona.

December 9, 1545 - Rebels are again repeled in Gerona.

February 22, 1546 - Guadeloupe expands.

September 28, 1546 - Guadeloupe expands and the 2000 natives have joined our colony.

Guadeloupe:

2610 Sunni Arabic people bask in the sun in this Carribean island. The people here farm sugarcane and send it to Antighua where it makes 19 ducats in trade. We receive 9 in taxes and production.

November 2, 1546 - Having landed our Conquistador, Derna, on Tobago & Trinidad, I send out colonists to the islands. Previous explorers must have recently killed off the natives.

January 9, 1547 - We have a Monopoly Company Formed which puts 100 ducats in our treasury.

January 28, 1547 - We have the following event:

Continued Influx of Protestants:

"As religious strife continued in Europe, the largely Catholic areas of France and Iberia would offer little refuge for Protestants. As such, Protestants would continue to arrive in an open and welcoming Granada."

Population in Estramadura +10000
Taxvalue in Estramadura +2
Population in Barbados +3000 (random province)
Population in Tago +1000 (random province)

Old 07-22-2003, 09:08 AM   #111
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

I love this! Muslims in the new world. I wonder how the world would be different if this had really happened?

Would the Aztecs have survived contact with them? Or would the Muslims have plundered them as readily as the Spaniards did? Very interesting subject.
Old 07-22-2003, 10:58 PM   #112
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by sachmo71
I love this! Muslims in the new world. I wonder how the world would be different if this had really happened?

Would the Aztecs have survived contact with them? Or would the Muslims have plundered them as readily as the Spaniards did? Very interesting subject.

Personally, I think they would have been treated similarly. I figure that colonization, war, and absorption would have been explained by demonstrating that the natives were not People of the Book. For evidence, I present the Arabic overthrow and war against North Africa.

-Anxiety

Old 07-22-2003, 11:09 PM   #113
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally posted by Anxiety
Personally, I think they would have been treated similarly. I figure that colonization, war, and absorption would have been explained by demonstrating that the natives were not People of the Book. For evidence, I present the Arabic overthrow and war against North Africa.

-Anxiety

I saw this book and now with your dynasty, I'll have to pick it up! Looks like just what I'm looking for!
Old 07-22-2003, 11:10 PM   #114
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

February 11, 1547 - Morocco declares war upon Songhai.

I invite Tunisia back into our aliiance with Tlemcen. They reject our proposal.

August 27, 1547 - We successfully colonize Tobago and Trinidad.

October 4, 1547 - I land Derna on Martinique and send in settlers.

January 1, 1548 - Tunisia joins our alliance.

January 14, 1548 - We have a random event, but I really like it:

Conversion by the Sword:

Toledo converts to Sunni
Population -1500
2x Revolt in Toledo
Stability -1

I jack up our military maintenance to 100%. I order troops in Aragon and Gerona. The rebel force in Toledo is too big for our individual armies.

January 28, 1548 - France has selected Retify the Alliance in The Marriage of Mary and the Dauphin. Scotland becomes the vassals of France.

Old 07-22-2003, 11:19 PM   #115
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Iberian Religions Wars: Conflict With Spain

March 8, 1548 - Spain has the following event

Dealing with the Cordoban Menace

They have chosen:

Let Us Erase Granada From Our Maps!

In other words. We are now at war with Spain. I call upon our allies from North Africa.

Tlemcen and Tunisia both join us.

Baden, Oldenburg, Mainz and Austria join Spain.

Both of our alliances honor their agreements fully.

Here is why war with Spain is not a good idea right now:

Castilla has around 84000 troops stationed there. Led by Duque de Alba, these men are equipped with Arquebuses. We haven't even discovered gunpowder yet.

22000 rebels are assaulting Toledo.

Our allies, bless them, are minor and insignificant.

Spain has more New World colonies than we do, and can probably build troops faster and in greater numbers on that front.

Castilla, with all of its armies, can attack Toledo, Aragon, Valencia, Leon or Estramadura. That makes Spain unpredictable.

There are a few good things behind this war as well:

Spain has no land connection through to their three northern Iberian provinces except through Leon. A quick assault against the farthest provinces might cripple their morale.

I have troops loaded, in ships, in the Carribean led by Derna, my Conquistador.

None of our provinces are adjacent to each other yet in the New World. I have time to prepare.

War has begun

Old 07-23-2003, 11:54 AM   #116
John Galt
Pro Starter

Come on - you can't leave us hanging with "War has begun."
Old 07-23-2003, 02:08 PM   #117
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

Gives those damn Spainards a beat down show them who is boss!!
Superman=#54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 12:27 AM   #118
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The One Year War: The Spanish-Granada War of 1548-49

March 8, 1548 - I issue the following orders at the onset of the war.

Our fleet is ordered from Valencia to Andalusia, then to The Azores, and thence to Barbados to participate in New World sorties.

Our fleet with army attacked is disembarked from Barbados. I'll order my men into Spanish territory soon.

Men currently marching from Aragon and Gerona into Valenica are recalled. I'll need to fight in the mountains. I order all troops to rally under the Granadan flag in Aragon. From there, I can see how many soldiers we have, and where to send them. I expect to eventually send one army up the northern coast of Iberia and attack the Castillian forces arrayed there.

March 10, 1548 - Our fleet arrives in the Winward Islands from Barbados. I order our fleet into the Lesser Antillas and then to the Straits of Puerto Rico. I'd like to capture the entire island of Hispaniola, divided into three provinces.

March 19, 1548 - Our soldiers are created in Gerona. I order them to Aragon.

April 2, 1548 - 37000 Spanish troops led by Duque de Alba arrive and besiege Leon. I order my men to hold in Aragon for now.

April 11, 1548 - Our sjhip arrives in the Straits of Puerto Rico. I order our men into Barahona, the easternmost Hispaniolan province.

April 15, 1548 - More troops are ready in Aragon. We now have 41500 infantry and 2000 calvary in Aragon. It looks like the Spaniards might be marching to Aragon. I order my men to keep holding.

April 16, 1548 - Spaniards have landed in and captured Guadeloupe.

April 18, 1548 - A small contingent of forces left behind in the Winward islands has captured the SPanish trading post of Dominica.

April 28, 1548 - Spaniards arrive in Aragon. The first battle of the war has begun.

April 29, 1548 - We capture Barahona. I order my men westward into the mountains of Hispaniola to Tortuga.

May 6, 1548 - We found a colony in Martinique.

May 14, 1548 - We are driven back from Aragon. We lost 10000 men and our calvary.

June 4, 1548 - We capture the Spanish province of Tortuga.

July 7, 1548 - We capture the Spanish Trading post of St. Thomas. I order Derna to burn the Trading Post to the ground. I then order in colonists.

July 15, 1548 - We capture the Trading Post of Les Cayes in Hispaniola. I order my men here to stay for now.

August 1, 1548 - Our military tech increases. We can now build artillery.

August 26, 1548 - Our fleet arrives in Barbados. Time to crack some ships open.

September 8, 1548 - Tripoli declares war on Tunisia. Tlemcen and I both honor our alliance with Tunisia and declare war similarly.

September 29, 1548 - We have recaptured Guadeloupe.

October 2, 1548 - I burn the Trading Post in Dominica and send in Traders.

November 19, 1548 - Derna dies. Unfortunate.

January 7, 1549 - With Aragon about to fall, I order my men into the beleagured territory and assault the Castillian forces here. Although they have more technology than us, they only have 10000 men versus our 28000.

February 1, 1549 - Although we lost in Aragon, enough men were killed that they can no longer assault or besiege the town. However, they can hold down the area until more soldiers arrive to shore their attack and continue where they left off. I need to return quickly and drive the remaining forces away.

March 6, 1549 - We capture Guantanamo in Cuba.

March 8, 1549 - Leon falls to Spanish forces.

On March 8, 1549 - Span sends us a peace offer demanding 6 ducats.

Here is where the war stands:

We are winning in the Carribean. Our forces are capturing and destroyed Spanish Trading Posts and Colonies at an outstanding rate.

Spain is winning in Iberia. We have not won a single ground battle against her. Leon has fallen and Aragon is close.

I order my men in Les Cayes to burn the Trading Post down.

And then I accept their offer.

Old 07-25-2003, 12:36 AM   #119
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

March 8, 1549 - I order our fleet to return toi Andalusia via Barbados and The Azores.

I also order our naval maintenance to 50%. The 27000 infantry that we have left are ordered to Toledo immediately to attack the rebels there. Toledo is about to fall any month now.

May 6, 1549 - Our colonization attempt to St. Thomas failed deespite 2/3 odds in our favor (Derna was there at the time). I order more colonists to the island. This time with almost a 50% chance of taking.

May 15, 1549 - Our troops arrive in Toledo and the battle with the rebels is on.

June 4, 1549 - The rebels in Toledo are defeated.

June 20, 1549 - Our Royal Marriage with The Golden Horde has expired. We renew our vows.

June 28, 1549 - Our army arrives in Valencia.

July 10, 1549 - The Granadan fleet arrives in Andalusia. I order the fleet to Valencia.

September 1, 1549 - Helvetia changed her religion to Protestant.

Old 07-25-2003, 01:11 AM   #120
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The War of Barbary Seccession

September 1, 1549 - The Royal Fleet arrives in the port of Valencia. I order them back to sea.

I have another war to finish.

September 5, 1549 - Our fleet has launched. I order 19000 infantry into the ships.

September 21, 1549 - Our fleet is loaded and ready. I order them to Tunisia.

November 27, 1549 - Our fleet and army arrives in teh province of Tunisia. I order our army into Tripoli and our ships to Cape Bon to blockade Tripoli.

December 23, 1549 - We fail to set up a Trading Post in Dominica.

January 4, 1550 - I order more traders to Dominica.

We have engaged the Tripoli forces.

January 17, 1550 - Tripoli forces have been defeated and the siege begins.

February 1, 1550 - Our two loans come due and I have to extend them for another 5 years.

March 4, 1550 - We have established a colony in St. Thomas.

April 1, 1550 - Bohemia declares their independance from Austria. Austria, Spain, and their allies declare war upon Bohemia.

June 1, 1550 - French Catholics have declared their independance from the England and her holdings in France.

June 11, 1550 - The French Catholics decline our proposal for a Trade Agreement. Bohemia accepts.

December 1, 1550 - Our land technology increases. Our stability also increases back to maximum.

March 1, 1551 - Denmark has changed their religion to Protestant. Our infrastructure has increased. We can now build Refineries.

March 25, 1551 - Attempts to colonize Dominica have again failed. More traders are sent in.

August 15, 1551 - We have Enthusiasm for the Army. We gain 5000 calvary in Aragon and 5000 Calvary in Salvador. The Salvadoran army is disbanded.

February 23, 1552 - After a long siege. We have captured Tripoli. I annex them. Tripoli is now ours.

Tripoli: Situated in the middle of the Mediterranean, Tripoli has 24109 Arabic and Sunni people. The Ivory trade is foremost here. The people send us 8 ducats annually while shipping 22 to Liguria in trade. They are currently experiencing nationalism.

I order my men to stay here and my fleet to return to Valencia.

Old 07-25-2003, 09:13 AM   #121
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Whoa. I was expecting more carnage.
Old 07-25-2003, 11:51 AM   #122
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by sachmo71
Whoa. I was expecting more carnage.

Simple fact was that we each realized that more war was pointless. They won in Iberia, I won in the New World. We both wanted to keep our territories. However, I burned down two Trading Posts and established colonies, so I gained land.

There is an event coming up i the next ten years that you carnage lovers will die for.

-Anxiety

Old 07-26-2003, 03:55 PM   #123
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

With Tripoli now under our crown, several advisors have wondered at my actions. Never before have we moved against a fellow Sunni brother.

While this is true, Tripoli is not like other Sunni powers. They harbored pirates which would ravage the shipping lanes of Moslem and Christian alike.

Simply put, Tripoli, although a country with which we had high relations, was not a good Moslem country. They declared war upon Tunisia, not the other way around.

We will pacify the area ourselves.

Old 07-26-2003, 04:57 PM   #124
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

February 25, 1552 - I send Tunisia and Tlemcen Personal Gifts. They have proven themselves true friends of the Crown of Cordoba, and I would like to reward that. Our relations with both Tunisia and Tlemcen are maxed.

We have several colonists and a bit of money. What to do? here are our legitimate targets:

Martinique, St. Thomas or Tobago & Trinidad - Each of these Carribbean islands has no natives and sugar cane. All have been colonizaed and should continue to be easily settled.

Acadie - This area in North America is open and ready for colonization. With Salt as its major export, the 2000 natives are fairly welcoming. Although not as rich as other colonies, Acadie would offer us several things. !). An outpost in the north and possible berth for our ships, and 2). A base for future explorations or expansion.

Curacao, Jamaica - Each of these Carribean islands has a trading post and natives. Establishing a colony in each is a definite goal.

Salvador - Already a colony, Salvador is not a full province. It is closer to being one, however, than any other areas.

Marajo - This Trading Post in the Amazon area has a very low settlement rate, and probably won't be settled anytime soon.

Surinam - I've been talking about settling Surinam for a while, and it remains a priority.

Karroo - A South African province between Ciskei and Table. Very easy to settle with friendly natives, but poor land.

Louga - Another Trading Post, this one in West Africa. Louga has 5000 natives and Ivory as its export.

After some consideration, I decide to send colonists to Salvador and finish it off.

April 1, 1552 - Our land technology increases and we have discovered gunpowder! Our troops are now equipped with Arquebuses.

June 16, 1552 - Attempts to set up a trading post in Dominica have again failed. I send in another wave.

July 28, 1552 - Salvador expands.

July 29, 1552 - Siena went with "Resist" in the event Burnt Siena. They canceled their vassalization with Spain. Spain chooses "Tuscany Can Help" in Revolt in Siena. Tuscany has Revolt in Siena.

March 6, 1553 - We have received a Diplomatic Insult from Aragon. We now have a Casus Belli against them for 5 years. Our relations plummet, but they weren't that hot to begin with.

April 12, 1553 - Our Royal Marriages with Morocco and Qara Koyunlu have expired. We renew our marriage with Qara Koyunlu.

June 1, 1553 - Salvador expands.

June 19, 1553 - France chose We Must Persecute His Heresies in Miguel Servet.

September 9, 1553 - We have finally established a Trading Post in Dominica.

December 1, 1553 - Hessen converts to Protestant.

January 7, 1553 - England went with Reinstate Papal Power over Church of England in Bloody Mary and King Felipe of England.

England converts back to Catholic.

January 14, 1554 - Morocco had The Sa'di Dynasty.

February 7, 1554 - Salvador expands and is now a full province after locals join.

Salvador:

1608 people work the coasta provinceof Salvador directly south of Diamentina. The Arabic Sunnis here work the coffee fields. The port province sends us 5 ducats annually while shiping trade through Tago and creating 15 ducats there.

I order a Tax Collector here.

Old 07-26-2003, 11:29 PM   #125
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

January 15, 1555 - After a relatively calm year, we capitalize on a Great Reputation diplomatically. Our relations with Aragon, Tunisia, Tlemcen, Morocco, Navarra and Spain increase by +10.

February 1, 1555 - I use the money that we have been stockpiling and not spending recently to pay off our two loans.

March 21, 1555 - I send a pair of Traders to Itaimas and Niteroi - down the coast from Salvador. Since they have around a 50/50 chance of settling, hopefully one will take and set up shop.

May 24, 1555 - Morocco declared war upon Songhai.

June 1, 1555 - The people of Triopoli are revolting.

June 30, 1555 - We defeat the rebels but lose a lot of our defensive force in Tripoli in doing so. I order 2000 infantry constructed there.

November 6, 1555 - A Fortification Effort by the people has resulted in the fortress in Murcia being increased and one being built in Table at no cost to the empire.

May 1, 1556 - Our naval technology increases.

July 15, 1556 - Our attempt to establish a Trading Post in Itaimas has failed. So I send in colonists.

August 20, 1556 - We set up a Trading Post in Niteroi. Niteroi is the southmost that I intend on colonizaing for now. It the the southernmost the province that is still wealthy. The empty province of Curitiba stand between Niteroi and the Spanish holdings in South America. They have expoanded down the coast to Chubut and now have 6 provinces, two of them Trading Posts, in the region.

I send more traders to Para, another province that I really want in our fold.

Old 07-26-2003, 11:32 PM   #126
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Continued Granada Interests in North Africa

September 8, 1556 -

With our relations very high, I offer Tunisia vassalization into our empire. To be protected from incursions in perpetuity.

They agree.

Tunisia and their two province nation are now the vassals of Granada.

I make the same offer to Tlemcen. They reject our offer and are insulted by it. Our relations diminish a bit.

We now are continuing our reach diplomatically into new areas.

Old 07-27-2003, 09:30 AM   #127
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

What does Casus Belli mean? Keep reading but have no clue as to what it is?
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 11:36 AM   #128
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I don't know the translation, but you can think of it as a "legitimate grudge" IE, a reason to go to war
Old 07-27-2003, 12:15 PM   #129
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

In game terms, if you declare war on a rival without just cause (casus beli), you will take a major stability hit, which causes all sorts of problems.
Old 07-27-2003, 11:08 PM   #130
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

A Casus Belli was a real life term used back in medieval days in Europe. The basic philosophy was that any country that just declarwed war on other countries, without just cause (Casus Belli) would be declared a warmonger and essentially blackballed diplomatically. This was an important way of insuring that expansion throughout Europe's history during this era was mainly through diplomatic and dynastic channels, not on the battlefield. EU2 tries to simulate this through the accumulation of badboy points and Casus Belli.

Badboy points are awarded to a user whenerv they take a province that they have no claim to, annex a country, sponsor privateers, and so forth. Badboy points decline over time, but once you have enough, everybody will declare war against you in order to force you to give up territory or be destroyed.

Casus Belli can be given with events, or through several game channels. For example every Sunni country has an automatic Casus Belli against any Shi'ite country, and vice versa. If a country has land that another country has a legitmate claim to, then that other country has a permanent Casus belli as long as that first country has that land. And so forth.

So, when we took Murcia from Aragon a while back, we lost our permanent Casus belli against them, because Murcia was the only province that we had a historical claim to under Aragon control.

Hope that helps.

-Anxiety

Old 07-28-2003, 10:29 AM   #131
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Anxiety

The people of Triopoli are revolting.

I couldn't agree more.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 12:18 AM   #132
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

October 2, 1556 - Spain has The Abdication of Charles V. Felipe II, the new ruler of Spain, is elected the Holy Roman Emperor. Austria, with Charles V's leaving, has canceled their vassalization with Spain.

March 16, 1557 - Our colonization attempt to Itaimas has failed. I send more traders.

April 1, 1557 - I change our diplomatic policies towards greater quality of troops. Our stability drops.

August 6, 1557 - I decline a Sale of Offices in Granada.

Spetember 28, 1557 - Attempts to set up a trading post in Para have failed.

October 24, 1557 - Morocco had Muhammad II.

November 20, 1557 - We have established a colony in Louga!

January 19, 1558 - The Papal States chose We Shall Have a Secret Summit Concerning the Moslems in Solving the Islamic Problem.

I am tired of the Papacy thinking that it has a right to determine our fate.

February 1, 1558 - Our land technology increases.

March 13, 1558 - Louga expands.

May 18, 1558 - Louga expands.

July 21, 1558 - Attempts to Itaimas have again failed.

September 9, 1558 - Nogai and Jodhpuir refused our offer of a Royal Marriage. We enter into one with Baluchistan and Gujarat.

January 1, 1559 - Natives in Tripolitania are rebelling.

January 23, 1559 - We repel the rebels in Tripolitania.

January 30, 1559 - France had Power Struggle.

July 2, 1559 - England went with Adopt the Act of Supremacy and the Act of Uniformity in The Elizabethian Religious Settlement. England converts back to protestant.

January 5, 1560 - France selected No Concession in Dutch Noibility Demands General Estates.

Janaury 13, 1560 - Milan had Charles Borromeo and change their religion to Counter-Reform Catholic.

January 16, 1560 - England had The Merchant Adventures. A new Center of Trade has opened in Anglia.

January 23, 1560 - France selected Ignore Their Treason in The Bourbons Conspire Against the King.

January 29, 1560 - We have finally established a Trading Post in Itaimas.

February 15, 1560 - We have sent five merchants to Anglia and they have all set up shop.

March 28, 1560- Morocco went with We Need Them Not! in Interference of the Dila'iyya.

March 29, 1560 - We have a Regional heresy. I choose to spend 50 ducats and suppress them.

April 1, 1560 - Our stability has increased again back to max.

Old 07-29-2003, 12:28 AM   #133
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Western Crusade Begins

May 25, 1560 - The Papal States have chosen

"Coordinate France, Spain, and Aragon in a Crusade Against Granada"

in Organization of the Western Crusade.

As Europe increasingly came under the control of churches not under the power of the Catholic Church, and the Islamic hordes continued on both the Western and Eastern flanks of Europe, the power of the Papacy visibly waned. Many nationsin the east were left to fend for themselves after the Pope's attempt to rally the Eastern European countries failed and resulted in the Ottoman Empire taking Hungary. In the West, however, continued excursions of Granada are surrounded by Catholic powers. In a last ditch effort to prove their own political importance, the Papacy would very well attempt to drive back Granada by organizing a Western Crusade with most fo the remaining Catholic powers.

The Papal States have declared war upon us.

Modena has joined the Papal States in their war.

I call upon Tlemcen and Tunisia. Both join our Holy War against the Papacy.

War has found us again. May Allah grant us strength this day. I fear we shall need it.

Old 07-29-2003, 04:06 PM   #134
John Galt
Pro Starter

I swear that Anxiety picks the most suspenseful moments to "pause" in this dynasty. No gamer would stop at these pivotal moments, so this must be designed to torture the audience.
Old 08-03-2003, 01:54 PM   #135
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Sorry, been busy for the past few days. Anticipate more "busy" delays as I just found out that my interview to teach a class in the fall was successful, and I add creating a syllabus, reading the literature, etc, to my schedule of 40 hours per week. And, we have move in and traingin here, so my schedule jumps from 40 hours per week to somewhere near 65 or 70 or so.

So, I'll hit up the Crusade today, and if I get a chance to continue it I will, but it may be sporadic for a while.

-Anxiety

Old 08-03-2003, 02:33 PM   #136
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

I'll wait.
Old 08-03-2003, 02:57 PM   #137
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Western Crusade

May 25, 1560 - If France, Aragon, and/or Spain may be joining the Papal States in their war against us, then we need to get prepared. As such, I issue the following orders:

Naval Maintenance to 100% (Army was already there).

Increase the amount of money that goes to the treasury each month instead of to investments.

We have 28000 men in Aragon, 5000 of them infantry. I order them to Gerona. This is a large enough force to strike at the country of Aragon, but not nearly enough to defend us from Spanish incursions. As such, it is probably better that we move away from the Spanish altogether.

Our 4000 infantry in Granada are ordered to march to Murcia.

We have 2000 infantry in Barbados. I launch our transport there with the intent to load up the boat and have a force ready to capture Spanish holdings in the Carribean again.

June 8, 1560 - We have loaded up our troops in the Carribean and I order our ship westward near the Spanish holdings. A large Spanish fleet of 29 ships is sailing by.

July 10, 1560 - Our fleet arrives in the Straits of Puerto Rico. From here, we can launch our troops to Puerto Rico, Barahona or Turtuga.

September 7, 1560 - I order more troops in Murcia.

October 10, 1560 - Spain has selected "We Shall Answer the Pope's Call Against Granada," in The Western Crusade.

Spain has declared war upon us. Her allies have joined her. We are now at war with Spain, Austria, Mainz, Baden, and Navarra. I call upon our allies. Both have nobly joined our war.

I order our men into Puerto Rico from the Straits.

I could march our army into Bearn and try to take Navarra... I decide to wait until Aragon makes her move.

October 22, 1560 - Aragon has selected "We Shall Answer the Pope's Call Against Granada" in The Western Crusade.

We call upon our allies for support and both heed our call.

I order our troops from gerona into Catalonia to assult the capital of Aragon. Awaiting us are 15000 Aragon soldiers.

October 27, 1560 - Fracne has also chosen to answer the Pope's call and declare war upon us. Cologne, The Palatinat and Kleves join France. Our allies join our war as well.

We are now at war with 12 nations. With two allies.

October 28, 1560 - We have captured Puerto Rico.

November 8, 1560 - Spanish troops arrive to besiege Saragosa in the province of Aragon.

November 15, 1560 - Aragon troops have left Catalonia and arrived in the province of Aragon.

November 19, 1560 - Spaniards have captured Guadeloupe.

November 27, 1560 - We arrive in Catalonia and initiate a siege.

December 1, 1560 - Brandenburg has changed their religion to Protestant.

December 2, 1560 - We have captured Barahona on the eastern side of Hispaniola. I order our troops into Tortuga.

December 6, 1560 - There are now 71000 Aragon and Spanish troops in the province of Aragon. Attrition should be nasty in the mountainous region.

January 1, 1561 - Bremen has changed her religion to Protestant.

January 6, 1561 - Aragon forces have left the province of Aragon and entered their province of Navarra. Not to be confused with the country of Navarra, which is currently the province of Bearn. It all makes things very confusing.

January 8, 1561 - We have captured the colony of Tortuga! I order our soldiers to march to Les Cayes, the westernmost of the three Hispaniolan provinces.

January 27, 1561 - We arrive in Les Cayes and are attacked by the natives here. I order us to retreat, and the natives, angered by our presence, burn down the Spanish Trading Post of Les Cayes!

Not to miss an opportunity, I dispatch traders of our own to Les Cayes to establish a Trading Post.

January 28, 1561 - Scotland has chosen Religious Turmoil in John Knox and the Scottish Reformation. Scotland has changed their religion to Reformed.

February 1, 1561 - The people of Valencia are taking advantge of this opportunity and rebelling.

February 3, 1561 - 8000 new Aragon calvary emerge from behind the walls of Barcelona and attack our camp. They are obviously very green and we defeat them easily.

February 14, 1561 - The Aragon army arrives to contest our siege of Catalonia.

February 20, 1561 - Spaniards have captured Tobogo & Trinidad.

March 1, 1561 - We have routed and completeyl destroyed the 14000 Aragon troops that attacked us in Catalonia.

March 4, 1561 - We are again attacked in Catalonia, this time by the calvary that fled before us so recently.

March 10, 1501 - We again defeat the Aragon forces.

March 11, 1501 - Spain offers us peace for 100 ducats. Again, Spain and us fight each other to a standstill. Our wars become wars of attrition in the Iberians and cat and mouse in the Carribean.

Spain has lost probably 30000 men already in the mountains of Saragosa. But we are under attack form a variety of sides, and Spain has captured two of our colonies.

I leave their offer on the table for a few days while I decide what to do.

April 1, 1501 - More Aragon troops assault us in Catalonia.

April 9, 1561 - More Aragon troops are completely smashed in Catalonia.

April 10, 1561 - One month after being offered peace by Spain for 100 ducats, I accept. We need to concentrate on Iberia.

April 25, 1561 - I order 5000 more troops in Murcia.

May 30, 1561 - Our ship and troops arrive back in Barbados.

June 29, 1561 - The roving Aragon calvary again attack us in Catalonia.

July 19, 1561 - We crush the calvary and they should abother us no more.

September 1, 1561 - Good news and bad news reaches us this day. We have captured Catalonia! However, Valencia has fallen to rebels. I order our troops fresh from Catalonia to Valencia to defeat the remaining rebel forces there.

September 30, 1561 - French forces attack us in Tripolitania.

October 30, 1561 - We repel the French. I order more troops built there to shore up our defenses.

October 10, 1561 - Our troops arrive in Valencia and attack the rebels here.

October 19, 1561 - We defeat the rebel troops. We lost 5000 troops. I order our men to the province of Navarra and to assault the Aragonese there.

November 13, 1561 - We enter into a Royal Marriage with the Changtai Khanate.

November 26, 1561 - we have A Rush of Colonists, increasing our colonists availablke to their maximum - 6.

December 12, 1561 - Our forces have arrived in Navarra and are besieging Aragon there.

December 21, 1561 - A few more troops are now ready in Murcia and I order our troops into valencia to retake the city from the rebels.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-03-2003 at 02:58 PM.
Old 08-03-2003, 03:20 PM   #138
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Western Crusade Continues....

January 4, 1562 - France has Calvinists Seize Lyon.

I order 3000 more infantry in Murcia. When they are ready, I'll move them to Valenca and join the siege.

I order colonists to Itaimas.

January 7, 1562 - Our troops arrive in Valencia and initiate a siege against the rebels in the city.

February 5, 1562 - 30000 Aragon troops land in Tripolitania and attack our 7000 troops there.

February 14, 1562 - Our forces in Tripolitania are completely overwhelmed and annihilated.

Aragon begins a siege of Tripolitania. Hopefully the rough desert will kill many men and the tough walls will prove difficult to crack.

I order traders to Natal in South Africa to establish a Trading Post.

March 6, 1562 - France went with French Protestants in War of Religion in France. France has converted to Reformed.

June 28, 1562 - Our traders fails to establish a trading post in Les Cayes.

July 14, 1562 - We have established a colony in Itaimas.

September 3, 1562 - We gain an Unexpected Invention in Andalusia. We have gained a Refinery in Andalusia.

October 12, 1562 - France sends us a peace offer but demands money. I laugh them off.

November 6, 1562 - We have recaptured Valencia. I order our troops from Valencia into our fleet.

November 20, 1562 - Aragon chose "We Must Remain as a Mediterranean-Oriented Country" in Mediterranean or Atlantic?

December 12, 1562 - We have captured Navarra. I order 4000 opf our troops to spilt and head to Gerona. The rest will remain here.

I have a daring plan to end this war.

January 4, 1563 - I dispatch more colonists to Itaimas. And I order 4000 more troops in Gerona and Aragon.

January 11, 1563 - I order the 4000 troops newly arrived in Gerona to the boats in the Gulf of Lion.

April 10, 1563 - We fight off some French vessals and continue to move eastward.

May 1, 1563 - Peasants in Navarra are rebelling. I decide to let them for a while.

May 24, 1563 - Our Royal Marriages with Tlemcen and the Ottomans expire. We renew both.

May 26, 1563 - Our fleet arrive in the Tyrrenean Sea. I order our troops to disembark. Into Roma.

Old 08-03-2003, 04:14 PM   #139
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Western Crusade: Granada on the Offensive

June 9, 1563 - Itaimas expands.

June 11, 1563 - Our forces arrive in Roma and assault 8000 Papal troops here.

June 28, 1563 - The Papal States rebut our attack and our troops are forced to flee back to the ships.

June 30, 1563 - I order our troops to Roussillon and attack the Aragon city of Perpignan.

September 1, 1563 - Our forces in Roussillon are attacked by a small Aragon force.

September 4, 1563 - A large naval engagement with Aragon begins in Cape Bon off the coast of Tunisia.

September 7, 1563 - We defeat teh Aragon forces in Roussillon.

September 20, 1563 - We are again attacked by small Aragon forces in Roussillon.

September 23, 1563 - We defeat the Aragon fleet in Cape Bon.

October 7, 1563 - We defeat the Aragon troops in Roussillon.

October 9, 1563 - Our fleet arrives in the Gulf of Cagliari where we are attacked by Modena ships.

October 12, 1563 - We rout the Modenan fleet and I order my troops to disembark into Sardinia.

October 24, 1563 - 9000 Aragon troops arrive in Catalonia and besiege the province.

November 5, 1563 - Our troops arrive in Sardinia and attack the capital city of Cagliari.

November 10, 1563 - Aragon forces again attack our Roussillon sieging army in small numbers.

November 16, 1563 - We send them away, but they'll probably be back again someday.

December 1, 1563 - More rebels revolt in the province of Navarra.

December 5, 1563 - Our colonization attempt to Itaimas failed.

December 27, 1563 - We failed to establish a Trading Post in Natal. I order more traders there.

January 17, 1564 - Aragon attacks our forces in Sardinia.

February 10, 1564 - Aragon forces defeat teh rebels in Navarra.

Febnruary 14, 1564 - Aragon offers us peace for 22 ducats and Navarra. Personally, I'd rather have Navarra and Roussillon. But I like Navarra. And I'll take it.

I order our troops in Roussillon back to Gerona.

March 1, 1564 - Savoy has declared independance from France
and attacks them.

April 21, 1564 - I order our troops from Sardinia to Tripolitania.

April 24, 1564 - I offer peace to the Papal States. They accept.

France rejects our peace offer.

June 8, 1564 - Itaimas expands.

July 26, 1564 - The French Catholics decline a Trade Agreement with us.

October 2, 1564 - I drop our naval maintenance to 50%.

November 18, 1564 - Itaimas fails to expands.

January 1, 1565 - Rebels revolt in Navarra.

January 12, 1565 - We have crushed rebels in Navarra.

March 18, 1565 - Louga expands.

I offer France peace but they again refuse my entreaties.

May 24, 1565 - Louga expands.

June 1, 1565 - Bohemia declared independance from MeiBen.

I offer the new country a Trade Agreement and they accept.

August 1, 1565 - Another revolt in Navarra.

September 1, 1565 - We finally defeat teh rebels in Navarra. The rebels in Holstein have defected from France and becoem a new nation.

We sign a Trade Agreement with Savoy.

October 1, 1565 - Oldenburg have revolted and defected from Sweden to become a new nation.

October 17, 1565 - France rejects our peace offerings.

November 14, 1565 - We have successfuly established a Trading Post in Natal.

January 5, 1566 - France reannexes Holstein.

This time I offer France peace just ourselves, not on behalf of our alliance. They accept our offer.

January 11, 1566 - England went with Expand Loan Market in The Creation of the London Stock Exchange.

We are now no longer at war. The Western Crusade took six years, during which time the only land that permanently changed possession was the province of Navarra to us from Aragon.

But a lot of blood flowed.

Old 08-03-2003, 07:06 PM   #140
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Whoo hoo!
Old 08-10-2003, 02:03 PM   #141
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Navarra -

13352 people work the Iron mines in this Pyrannees province. The people are Basque and Catholic. They send us 11 ducats annually and ship 11 to Lyonnais in trade.

March 10, 1566 - Louga expands and is now a full province.

Louga -

Situated in West Africa, the province of Louga is known for its Ivory trade. After having been a Trading Post for a long time, we have finally decided to settle the region and the natives have joined us. The 5604 people here make a fine port and one of the few colonies in the region experiencing positive growth. The port sends 18 ducats in trade to Tago and sends us 3 annually. The people are Sunni and Arabic.

I order a Tax Collector to Louga.

June 1, 1566 - Milan converts to Catholic.

October 11, 1566 - Tlemcen and Tunisia accept peace with France and return to the Status Quo. Everything is now back to normal.

November 18, 1566 - Spain has declared war upon Maya.

December 1, 1566 - The people of Navarra are rebelling!

December 3, 1566 - Aragon, Ragusa and Naples go to war against Venice, The Knights, and Georgia.

December 10, 1566 - We crush the erstwhile rebellion.

Decmber 16, 1566 - Bohemia is annexed by MeiBen.

February 5, 1567 - Lithuania went with Poland Inherits Lithuania in The Act of Union. Poland selected Enact the Act in The Act of Union "Rzeczpospolita Polska"

Poland annexes Lithuania. Poland now has land from the Black Sea (Bujak) to central Germany (Poznan, Silesia) to the Gulf of Finalnd in the high north of the Baltic Sea (Livland). However, Austria, Prussia and Russia have each taken out huge chunks of the land that would traditionally be Polish or Lithuanian. As such, the country may fall. Or it may reclaim its power. However, Poland is now immensely more powerful than before.

May 1, 1567 - Another rebellion in Navarra.

May 21, 1567 - The rebels are finally put down.

June 1, 1567 - The people of Navarra are getting fiesty. They have rebelled again.

June 9, 1567 - Itaimas expands.

June 18, 1567 - The rebels are again defeated.

November 26, 1567 - Itaimas expands.

January 1, 1568 - Baden has converted to Protestant.

January 11, 1568 - Our Royal Marriage with the Mameluks has expired. We renew our vows.

April 1, 1568 - Our land technology increases. We can now build bigger fortresses.

April 7, 1568 - I issue an edict increasing our military quality again. This lowers our stability and I shift our investment of funds to work on increasing our stability.

May 5, 1568 - We have the option of retaining a Noted Diplomat. I send him away. I have no need to support a fattened nobody.

June 18, 1568 - Itaimas expands and the natives join. We now have a full province:

Itaimas - 1613 people work the coffee fields here in itaimas. South of Salvador and north of Niteroi, Itaimas is another coastal port province along the Atlantic Ocean. The Sunni Arabic people send us 6 ducats annually while creating 16 in Tago in trade.

I order a Tax Collector for Itaimas.

Old 08-24-2003, 02:55 PM   #142
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Bump, sistah.
Old 08-24-2003, 10:24 PM   #143
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'll be back to this dynasty in a short while, actually. Our training and move in end in the next few days, and will likely create a lot of dead office time from Saturday throgh Tuesday which is where my computer is with EU2 on it.

Besides, you don't want to miss what comes next.....

-Anxiety

Old 08-29-2003, 05:45 PM   #144
bamcgee
High School JV

Bump.
bamcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 11:18 PM   #145
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

August 16, 1568 - Mainz declares war upon Bremen. Spain, Austria and Navarra join their ally Mainz.

October 1, 1568 - Tripolitania's citizens are rebelling. Our troops stationed here attack.

October 10, 1568 - Although we lose 2000 men, we defeat the rebels in Tripolitania.

January 1, 1569 - Our land technology increses to Late Medieval (7).

January 8, 1569 - I dispatch colonists to Luanda, a small province on the southern west coast of Africa.

February 1, 1569 - The people o gerona are rebelling against our rule. I order our armed forces from the province of Navarra to Gerona.

March 27, 1569 - All rbels have been eliminated and I order our troops to return to their outpost in Navarra province.

October 3, 1569 - We have established a colony in Launda! I dispatch more colonists.

November 4, 1569 - Aragon and Venice come to peace terms. Aragon loses Morea, their southern Greece holdings.

January 4, 1570 - Songhai had The North.

January 6, 1570 - England went with "Employ Drake as a Privateer" in Elizabeth's Support for the Privateering of Sir Francis Drake.

Spain had English Privateering.

January 8, 1570 - Morocco had The Sudan.

Old 09-01-2003, 10:25 AM   #146
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

February 2, 1570 - Navarra was annexed by Aragon. Now we have Navarra province and no more Navarra country operating out of Bearn.

February 11, 1570 - We receive the following event:

Moslems in Navarra Take Control

"For centuries, Navarra nursed a large Moslem population. Often, the very government would send away the Inquisadors so that the Catholic forces would not find the Moslems. Navarra's Moslem population was the largest in Iberia outside of Cordoba. When a resurgent Granada captured the land of Navarra, the Moslems, long a minority, would finally be able to take over. How they did so, however, would be up to the Granadan Crown."

We have the following choices:

We Shall Treat the Navarrans as They Treates Our Brothers:

Navarra converts to Islam
-400 Ducats

All Catholics Deserve Death:

Navarra converts to Islam
Population in Navarra -2500
Revolt in Navarra
Revolt in Namaqua
Relations with Spain, France, and Aragon each -75.

Navarra was always there for our brothers. I see no need to punish them now. We will take out a loan and pay the money to convert Navarra properly, not by the sword.

Old 09-01-2003, 11:17 AM   #147
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

March 30, 1570 - Launda expands.

May 1, 1570 - I order Traders to Acadie.

June 1, 1570 - France changes her religion to Protestant.

June 2, 1570 - Aragon declared war upon France. Ragusa and Naples join Aragon. Brandenburg joins France.

November 18, 1570 - Eire declares war upon France. Brittany and England join forces with their ally Eire against France.

December 7, 1570 - I allow Nobles to Recover some of their Former Rights thereby increasing our aristocracy by one.

December 21, 1570 - Genoa declares war upon France.

January 22, 1571 - Cologne declared war upon France. The Palatinat and Kleves join Cologne against France.

May 1, 1571 - Our stability increases.

June 27, 1571 - Launda expands.

July 1, 1571 - I offer Tlemcen vassalization. They shall be protected by us in perpetuity. They agree to diplomatic vassalization.

August 1, 1571 - Our naval tech increases to late medieval (9).

August 16, 1571 - We have sucessfully establish a Trading Post in Acadie.

October 8, 1571 - Spain comes to peace terms with Maya and gains 250 ducats.

Octobner 13, 1571 - Cologne declares war upon France. The Palatinant and Kleves join Cologne while Brandenburg joins France.

December 14, 1571 - Spain has declared war upon Chimu.

December 24, 1571 - Launda expands.

January 5, 1572 - Scotland had The Concordat of Leith.

January 20, 1572 - We are hit with Famine! in Gibraltar. I choose to subsidize food and release saved stocks. We lose 100 ducats in our attempts but keep the population loss to only 500 people.

June 27, 1572 - Launda expands.

August 1, 1572 - Transylvania changes their religion to Protestant.

August 19, 1572 - France has Margaret Marries Henry of Navarre.

August 25, 1572 - France has Saint Bartholomew's Day Massacre.

September 1, 1572 - France and Brittany come to peace terms.

September 2, 1572 - France comes to peace terms with England. Placentia, Stadacone and Wabana go to England. These are colonies or Trading Posts in the far north in America.

December 24, 1572 - Launda expands.

December 25, 1572 - England have declared war upon the Iroquois.

January 1, 1573 - Helvetia changes their religion to Reformed.

February 1, 1573 - Our naval technology increases. We now have Bronze Cannons.

February 19, 1573 - Regional Heresy takes 50 ducats to suppress.

June 20, 1573 - Launda expands and the 5000 locals join to make a full province:

Situated about 1/4 of the way up the West Africa Coast lies the province of Launda. The land here is harsh, and hard to settle, and Launda was the easiest area to colonize. 5697 people work the slave trade from here, sending 5 ducats to us in taxes and 10 ducats to Tago in trade. The port here hosts an Arabic and Sunni populace. Launda is one of a very few number of West African province experiencing positive population growth because it is a full city after the 5000 natives joined us. I order a Tax Collector sent.

Old 09-01-2003, 11:30 AM   #148
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

July 22, 1573 - France accepted peace with Genoa but had to cede Provence to them.

July 24, 1573 - I offer Tunisia annexation into the greater Granada empire. They accept and are now a part of our glorious nation!

Kabylia - Kabylia comes with 7000 soldiers and gives us a land connection with Tlemcen and Algiers. 15659 people harvest grain here in the quiet port. The people here are Berber, which is our own initial culture, although we are also Arabic and Iberian. The place provides us with 10 ducats while only creating 1 in taxes in Liguria.

Tunisia - The 142922 Tunisian people are the largest province in our empire. Tunisia also comes with 1000 calvary and 1 warship.

The people here also work the grain trade providing us with 12 ducats in taxes and production while creating 2 in trade in Liguria. The people here are Arabic and Sunni.

Both areas are experiencing a bit of Nationalism as they were recently independant. I order my army from Tripolitania to Tunisia and from Kabylia to Tunisia. No sense having all of these smaller forces when a larger one is needed.

Old 09-01-2003, 07:12 PM   #149
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Now it is truly THE muslim empire.
Old 09-01-2003, 07:51 PM   #150
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

July 24, 1573 - I dispatch settlers to Niteroi, our Trading Post south of Itaimas on the South American Coast.

August 10, 1573 - England had The Panamanian Silver Train. Spain had Drake Strikes the Panamanian Silver Train.

October 11, 1573 - France and Cologne come to peace terms.

January 23, 1574 - Muhammad al-Mutawakkil rose to the throne in Morocco.

February 15, 1574 - We successfully establish a colony in Niteroi!

April 12, 1574 - Aragon and France agree to peace terms. France cedes Holstein and Languedoc to Aragon.

Languedoe has got to look like the Holy Grail to Aragon. it is finally the contector to the Aragon provinces of Bearn and Roussillon and their French provinces of Cevennes and Lyonnais. Holstein is at the base of Denmark, and is so far away as to be virtually indefendable. I expect that Aragon will lose Holstein sooner or later. But Languedoc makes Aragon much more powerful than before.

June 25, 1574 - Our Royal Marriage with the Golden Horde has expired. We renew our vows.

July 10, 1574 - Aragon declared war upon Bremen. Ragusa and Naples join Aragon.

August 7, 1574 - Niteroi expands. More settlers are dispatched.

December 2, 1574 - The Ottoman Empire had The Conquests of Murad III.

January 29, 1575 - Niteroi expands again. Additional settlers are en route.

February 1, 1575 - Our Bank Loan comes due. I pay it off.

July 18, 1575 - Niteroi expands.

October 26, 1575 - I send away a fattened diplomat who offered his services to our cause but would have cost us much gold.

November 14, 1575 - I send a Personal Gift to Tlemcen. Our relations improve considerably.

January 1, 1575 - Rebels have successfully broken the government of France.

The Huguenots decalre their independance from France.

Bourbonnais declarees independance from France.

Luxembourgh declares independance from France.

January 11, 1576 - Niteroi expands.