Old 11-29-2009, 06:11 PM   #101
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

What a drive
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:12 PM   #102
mckerney
Coordinator

After going up 36-10 Vikings out gaining the Bears 518-172.

Last edited by mckerney : 11-29-2009 at 06:12 PM.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:12 PM   #103
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
OMFG!!!!

What an ending to the Titans-Cardinals game!!! Titans had to go 99 yards in just over 2 minutes, and Kenny Britt gets the game winning 10 yard catch as time expires!!!
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:18 PM   #104
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
OMFG!!!!

What an ending to the Titans-Cardinals game!!! Titans had to go 99 yards in just over 2 minutes, and Kenny Britt gets the game winning 10 yard catch as time expires!!!

Takes a Rutgers guy to make a Texas guy look good.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:19 PM   #105
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Takes a Rutgers guy to make a Texas guy look good.

The Rutgers guy needed that TD to atone for his fumble a few minutes earlier
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

Last edited by cartman : 11-29-2009 at 06:19 PM.
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:21 PM   #106
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OMFG!!!!

Great drive by Vince. Maybe, he will be a quality NFL QB after all.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:26 PM   #107
mckerney
Coordinator

Percy Harvin has really been coming on recently. In the last 4 weeks he has 19 catches, 317 yards and 3 TDs, while also rushing for 54 yards. I hadn't expected him to make the transition to WR full time as quickly as he did.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:27 PM   #108
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Great drive by Vince. Maybe, he will be a quality NFL QB after all.

That was impressive.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:29 PM   #109
Izulde
Head Coach

Heh. Rodgers *and* Favre *and* Longwell on my opponent's team this week. Needless to say, I'm getting assraped here.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:32 PM   #110
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
OMFG!!!!

Crazy crazy drive. Completed 3 4th downs to win it including the last 4th down conversion for a touchdown. Matt Leinart gets beat down again when he had a good performance himself.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:51 PM   #111
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
OMFG!!!!

:::sighs at my Cards::: Odds were probably against them winning anyway with Warner out, but Leinart was good enough and for the defense to fold like that and all game really, Vince Young for over 300 yards? really?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:53 PM   #112
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Not sure if this is rock bottom for the Bears, but it's starting to feel like it. The 4th game this season where we've been absolutely dominated. I guess what bothers me most is that a lot of the bad teams tend to get better as the year goes on but this team seems to be getting worse.

Tough to be optimistic too since we don't have a 1st or 2nd round pick next year and not a lot of young talent to be real excited about.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:57 PM   #113
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Yeah, there isn't much to look forward to as a Bears fan.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:08 PM   #114
dervack
College Prospect

Couple of weeks ago I heard some people talking on sports radio that there is no way the Bears let Lovie go this season because of the 2 years left, unless the team quits on him. Looks to me that they did in the second half. What an awful game.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:24 PM   #115
hoopsguy
General Manager

Whatever you call the opposite of front-runners, that is the Bears defense.

Quitters?
Lack of stamina?
Lack of talent?

You can pick the reason, but none of them are particularly flattering.

The offense is getting worse every week. I'm not astute enough a fan to say why this is (QB lack of confidence, horrid offensive line, playcalling) but the ten points they had this week were both set up by short fields thanks to kick returns.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:29 PM   #116
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervack View Post
Couple of weeks ago I heard some people talking on sports radio that there is no way the Bears let Lovie go this season because of the 2 years left, unless the team quits on him. Looks to me that they did in the second half. What an awful game.

Roommate was just asking me how many games the Lions have left and if I wanted to go to a game. I looked at the possible home games and came to the conclusion the Bears game would be the one to go to. By that time the Lions might have a decent chance of pulling out a W.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:34 PM   #117
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Not sure why, but I find myself rooting for Dixon. Hopefully, that start isn't indicative of how his night is going to be.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:44 PM   #118
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervack View Post
I don't even think it matters if they quit. They are cheap owners and I can't see them paying Lovie for another two years. Firing him would require them to bring in a big name coach like Shannahan, Cowher, etc which would cost a lot of money too. They'll let Lovie run the team into the ground next season and then fire him. Will go the cheap route and bring in another coordinator to coach the team.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:46 PM   #119
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Just heard this on the post-game and not sure if it's true. They are saying the Bears had 2 yards in the 2nd half?
Old 11-29-2009, 07:56 PM   #120
MrDNA
High School Varsity

I'm impressed with how Vince Young is looking right now. Would be great for the NFL if he can keep his head screwed on straight and be a playmaker.
MrDNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:57 PM   #121
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDNA View Post
I'm impressed with how Vince Young is looking right now. Would be great for the Jaguars if he can keep his head screwed on straight fir the rest of the year and be a playmaker, then get signed to a long term contract and revert to his normal crap self for the next four years.

Fixed!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:04 PM   #122
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Not a bad start at all for Dixon. 33 yard TD pass to tie the game.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:19 PM   #123
Swaggs
Coordinator

Dixon looks much better. After that first drive, I was worried that the Steelers would need to pitch a shutout and score on defense.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:24 PM   #124
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Just heard this on the post-game and not sure if it's true. They are saying the Bears had 2 yards in the 2nd half?
It's true, sadly.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:56 AM   #125
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Lets not even play the rest of the season. Lets put the Vikings/Colts in the Super Bowl and talk theories next season. Of course if the Saints can stay within 10 tomorrow night against the Pats they can have the misfortune of losing to the Vikings in the conference championship.

Brett Favre 10-1
Jay Cutler 4-7

Does that shut any of you up that actually thought Cutler would mean more to the Bears than Favre does to Minny?
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:47 AM   #126
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Lets not even play the rest of the season. Lets put the Vikings/Colts in the Super Bowl and talk theories next season. Of course if the Saints can stay within 10 tomorrow night against the Pats they can have the misfortune of losing to the Vikings in the conference championship.

Brett Favre 10-1
Jay Cutler 4-7

Does that shut any of you up that actually thought Cutler would mean more to the Bears than Favre does to Minny?

I hope this doesn't come off as terse or anything, but I hope you die in a fucking fire.

EDIT: I don't actually hope you die in the fire. I just hope the fire burns your computer beyond repair, and you can't get a new one until football season ends.

Last edited by Karlifornia : 11-30-2009 at 01:53 AM.
Karlifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:50 AM   #127
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:

Brett Favre 10-1
Jay Cutler 4-7

Yeah, Cutler's a disappointment... but if the Vikes don't win the Super Bowl, isn't that move a bust too? Cutler can still somehow turn it around in the future (although that's kind of hard to believe right now), but if the VIkes don't win this year they're back to no QB.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:49 AM   #128
hoopsguy
General Manager

jbergey, you do realize that the undefeated Saints have a better record than your Vikings, right? I'm not sure you do, after having the misfortune of reading your posts over the last eight weeks.

The sad thing is that when you aren't
a.) being a ridiculous Vikings homer
b.) diminishing the Saints accomplishments
c.) continuing a argument on Cutler that you have clearly "won" in the short term

you have some thoughts worth discussing. But I certainly don't feel like having those discussions with you. In fact, I'm rooting for that house fire to take out your computer.

Last edited by hoopsguy : 11-30-2009 at 05:54 AM.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:45 AM   #129
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Delhomme stinking up the place again 3 INT.

Why Fox continued to let Delhomme air it out in a generally-close-game with both Williams and Stewart active and healthy is beyond me.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:49 AM   #130
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
The Texans-Colts game is starting to look awfully familiar. I think I may have seen this script before a time or two.

It's kinda funny. Even when the Texans were up 17, I was fairly confident the Colts would come back to win it. It's kindof like they are the anti-Indiana Hoosiers (no lead is safe when you are a Hoosier football fan).
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:32 AM   #131
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
It's kinda funny. Even when the Texans were up 17, I was fairly confident the Colts would come back to win it. It's kindof like they are the anti-Indiana Hoosiers (no lead is safe when you are a Hoosier football fan).

If the Colts go 16-0 and/or win the Super Bowl this year, what does that say about Tony Dungy as a coach?

My buddy claims he is the greatest coach ever, and I wanted a national audience to debate this. I thought it was time for him to move from the Bucs, and then Gruden comes in and wins the SB the next season.

Last edited by Mike1409 : 11-30-2009 at 10:32 AM.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:38 AM   #132
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I don't see how anyone can say Tony Dungy is even close to the greatest coach ever. There are probably 10 coachs in the league who have done more with less or are just flat out better coaches.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:38 AM   #133
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Why Fox continued to let Delhomme air it out in a generally-close-game with both Williams and Stewart active and healthy is beyond me.

Lets not forget 42 passes/27 runs against Miami the week before in a game where the biggest deficit was 11 and Carolina averaged nearly 7 yards per carry. Its pretty frustrating!

Last edited by Radii : 11-30-2009 at 10:38 AM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:40 AM   #134
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
jbergey, you do realize that the undefeated Saints have a better record than your Vikings, right? I'm not sure you do, after having the misfortune of reading your posts over the last eight weeks.

The sad thing is that when you aren't
a.) being a ridiculous Vikings homer
b.) diminishing the Saints accomplishments
c.) continuing a argument on Cutler that you have clearly "won" in the short term

you have some thoughts worth discussing. But I certainly don't feel like having those discussions with you. In fact, I'm rooting for that house fire to take out your computer.

Perhaps its a bit of bitterness built up from when a certain few people were pricks prior to the season. When people call you an idiot for not thinking Cutler is a top 5 QB it is hard is hard to get over.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:42 AM   #135
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't see how anyone can say Tony Dungy is even close to the greatest coach ever. There are probably 10 coachs in the league who have done more with less or are just flat out better coaches.

I'd say Dungy, while not the "greatest coach ever" is a pretty decent coach.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:42 AM   #136
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
I hope this doesn't come off as terse or anything, but I hope you die in a fucking fire.

EDIT: I don't actually hope you die in the fire. I just hope the fire burns your computer beyond repair, and you can't get a new one until football season ends.

Oh, just chill out. It was for fun after a big day of celebration. Wasnt meant to be taken personal.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:50 AM   #137
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Yeah, Cutler's a disappointment... but if the Vikes don't win the Super Bowl, isn't that move a bust too? Cutler can still somehow turn it around in the future (although that's kind of hard to believe right now), but if the VIkes don't win this year they're back to no QB.

If the Vikings dont get to the Super Bowl it would seem like a bust. I think that some of the Vikings younger players gaining the experience of playing with someone like Favre will help them for years to come however. Rice was basically a nothing until this year where he now seems like a pro bowl caliber WR. The same could be said for Shiancoe.

Cutler needs to hit rock bottom(such as getting benched) before he has any chance of getting better IMO. He is such an arrogant ahole that it doesnt seem he will change unless something major happens to him.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 11-30-2009 at 10:50 AM.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:58 AM   #138
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
I'd say Dungy, while not the "greatest coach ever" is a pretty decent coach.

Not denying that, but greatest coach ever is a stretch of epic proportion. Hell, Coughlin won a superbowl with the lesser Manning.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:01 AM   #139
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
If the Vikings dont get to the Super Bowl it would seem like a bust. I think that some of the Vikings younger players gaining the experience of playing with someone like Favre will help them for years to come however. Rice was basically a nothing until this year where he now seems like a pro bowl caliber WR. The same could be said for Shiancoe.

Cutler needs to hit rock bottom(such as getting benched) before he has any chance of getting better IMO. He is such an arrogant ahole that it doesnt seem he will change unless something major happens to him.

Put Cutler on the Vikes and Favre on the Bears and I think you have similar results. Favre has weapons everywhere and Cutler has nothing around him. The talent was always there for Rice and company, but with Jackson at QB it was never going to come out.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:11 AM   #140
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Put Cutler on the Vikes and Favre on the Bears and I think you have similar results. Favre has weapons everywhere and Cutler has nothing around him. The talent was always there for Rice and company, but with Jackson at QB it was never going to come out.

Im not so sure the results would have been similar. Favre is a tremendous leader and someone that gets the most out of the talent that surrounds him. Cutler doesnt show much leadership and appears to be more concerned with looking good than winning games.

Im not sure that Favre picking on Rice about leading the league in yards but not scoring any TDs would have the same impact coming from someone like Cutler.

Cutler would put up very good numbers on the Vikings with the talent that would surround him but I really dont think they'd be a similiar team with him instead of Favre.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:12 AM   #141
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not denying that, but greatest coach ever is a stretch of epic proportion. Hell, Coughlin won a superbowl with the lesser Manning.

I would though disgree with the 10 coaches in the league better than him, however. Greatest coach ever seems to be the product of a delusional mind (or super-homerdom, which may be one in the same), I agree.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:52 AM   #142
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Colts season ticket holder weighting in here on Dungy.

I think there were years under the Dungy era when the Colts were the best team in the league and yet failed to win it due to Dungy throwing the team into shutdown mode for the last couple of weeks of the season. The end result was a Colt team that had not played a real game of football IE starters seen more than a series of action in a month going up against a team that had been playing hard football since week 1 in the playoffs. I feel that if Dungy had not shut the team down at the end of the year every year that the Colts would have won more than 1 Superbowl.

The year the Colts won the Superbowl they never went into shutdown mode at the end of the season because they had to play it out to the last week to guarantee a playoff spot. Still even after that Dungy threw the team into shutdown mode at the end of the next season, again.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:40 PM   #143
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Im not so sure the results would have been similar. Favre is a tremendous leader and someone that gets the most out of the talent that surrounds him. Cutler doesnt show much leadership and appears to be more concerned with looking good than winning games.

While I agree with that, Sunday's game was a great demonstration of the difference in their situations. Specifically, Favre had all day to throw the ball while Cutler was getting repeatedly hammered.

Having said that, there's obviously a huge difference in mentality between the two, perhaps the greatest between two QBs in the NFL. Although I'm judging solely based on their on-field body language and their statements to the press I'd say Favre approaches every game and every snap as opportunities for success while Cutler approaches them as things to be endured.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:43 PM   #144
remper
Mascot

Quote:
Cutler doesnt show much leadership and appears to be more concerned with looking good than winning games.

If that is his main concern he is not doing a very good job. He's looked pretty bad.

I think it will be interesting to look back on these comments in a few seasons and see how Cutler is doing then. This team is in the crapper right now, and it is not likely to change the rest of this year or even next year.

Bottom line for me is, give him a supporting cast and if he's still firing INTs all over the place then burn the witch. Otherwise, he's got next to nothing around him right now. Call it an excuse if you want.
remper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:50 PM   #145
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I still think Dungy has to be considered one of the best. He helped revolutionize defense with the Tampa 2. I do think the game has passed that style of defensive play by though and only coaches behind the times are still running it (Lovie Smith). But when it was implemented, it was a great defense that caused many offenses fits.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:54 PM   #146
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Brett Favre 10-1
Jay Cutler 4-7

I'm a pretty big hater on Cutler but I'm getting sick of this fawning over Favre from everyone. He has the best offensive line in the game. By far the best running back in the game. And a decent set of receivers who can make plays 1-on-1. There are a lot of QBs who can put up those numbers when every team is playing you with 9 men in the box and you have all day to throw the football.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:56 PM   #147
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I still think Dungy has to be considered one of the best. He helped revolutionize defense with the Tampa 2. I do think the game has passed that style of defensive play by though and only coaches behind the times are still running it (Lovie Smith). But when it was implemented, it was a great defense that caused many offenses fits.

OTOH, he did that as a defensive coordinator and not a Head Coach.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:57 PM   #148
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Cutler doesnt show much leadership and appears to be more concerned with looking good than winning games.

Have you watched bears games? If there's two things he has shown this year it's that he absolutely is the leader of that offense when they're on the field and he's one tough son of a bitch.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:58 PM   #149
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
OTOH, he did that as a defensive coordinator and not a Head Coach.
And Bill Walsh created the West Coast offense as an assistant.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:59 PM   #150
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Have you watched bears games? If there's two things he has shown this year it's that he absolutely is the leader of that offense when they're on the field and he's one tough son of a bitch.
I've seen them all and I still don't see this leadership. The only emotion I see from him is yelling at his teammates after he throws a bad pass.