Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-05-2009, 02:07 PM   #101
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

I listen to a heavy amount of Christian music, I was trying to do four from it, but kept not trying to leave various albums out. I worked on my overall four and here's today's version.

The Roots: Things Fall Apart

Really should go down as hip-hop's best act. Their most complete album, although I am a total sucker for Organix due to it's feel of a band just jamming and it sounds like somebody just happened to record it. Things Fall Apart was also their break out album in terms of mainstream coverage thanks to "You Got Me."

Patty Griffin: Flaming Red

Bought one of her CDs by accident. I think she's the best female songwriter out there today. This is her most complete album and it's a stellar tour de force from the opening guitar rock track to the quiet finale. I admit "Big Daddy" is lacking, but the rest of it is just too good to ignore.

DC Talk: Jesus Freak.

The fact that I would love to pick a number of other Christian based CDs should tell you how much it deserves to be picked. They were, to be kind, a cheesy rap type act that filled the void for teens to listen to and soccer moms to not be offended by. And then they drop Jesus Freak and changed into a credible rock act. Not only did Christian teenagers have a soundtrack, but they had an identity, Jesus Freak.

Jars of Clay: Jars of Clay

Also got radio play in the mainstream and I would argue it's not their best song on the album. They instantly became THE band to know about upon it's release.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:16 PM   #102
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Damn, I feel like I got outflanked by Real McCoy. Did you know that Another Night, by RM, got me into electronic music permanently?

Nope I didn't know that. Glad to know somebody agrees with my Mt. Rushmore, though.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote