Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-07-2014, 03:52 PM   #101
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'm pretty sure if my gf can afford a 10,000 dollar car and a kid on 25k, Teddy can do a 65,000 dollar car on a mil.

My only qualm is that the Escalade is a waste of money in itself. Could have bought her a Civic or something and saved her some gas/maintenance money in the long term.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:02 PM   #102
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
My only qualm is that the Escalade is a waste of money in itself. Could have bought her a Civic or something and saved her some gas/maintenance money in the long term.

Psh! He promised his mom a Pink Cadillac, not some crap-ass sedan.

That's like promising your fan base you'll be signing a franchise quarterback and then passing over Peyton Manning to sign John Skelton.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:05 PM   #103
stevew
Hall Of Famer

if his mom wanted a pink Cadillac she should have been a better Mary Kay salesperson.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:09 PM   #104
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Oh, I didn't know he promised a pink Cadillac. Bad parenting for her to let him think that was ok.

"Promise something better, son. Cadillacs suck and your mom deserves something that will survive, kind of like she has." Would have been my fatherly wisdom.

FUCK EA
Old 05-07-2014, 04:12 PM   #105
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Oh, I didn't know he promised a pink Cadillac. Bad parenting for her to let him think that was ok.

"Promise something better, son. Cadillacs suck and your mom deserves something that will survive, kind of like she has." Would have been my fatherly wisdom.

You know nothing, Julio Riddols!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:38 PM   #106
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Just in case the late draft wasn't bad enough this year, the dildo in charge is thinking about moving it back several more weeks next year.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:58 PM   #107
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Just in case the late draft wasn't bad enough this year, the dildo in charge is thinking about moving it back several more weeks next year.

It is going to get to a point where rookies will have a harder time getting up to speed before the season starts.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:41 PM   #108
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Fuck it, lets have the draft during the season. Right after the trade deadline. Lets make it so the drafted players aren't eligible to play until they memorize the NFL rulebook, and they have to spend the first 4 seasons of their career as refs who can only make calls against the team that drafted them.

Lets make the official halftime show a fight to the death for bonus money between the two youngest players on each team.

Lets make extra points worth 20 and touchdowns worth 1, and the extra point has to be kicked from 60 yards out by a donkey in an Eagles uniform.

FUCK EA
Old 05-08-2014, 12:30 AM   #109
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Lets make extra points worth 20 and touchdowns worth 1, and the extra point has to be kicked from 60 yards out by a donkey in an Eagles uniform.

He's on the Jets now.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:35 AM   #110
Blackadar
Retired

Proposed change in the NFL Draft format:

We need an NFL roundup where all the available players are released into an arena and the teams are horse mounted and rope their picks. It's a draft, combine and spectator event rolled into one.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:39 AM   #111
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
Proposed change in the NFL Draft format:

We need an NFL roundup where all the available players are released into an arena and the teams are horse mounted and rope their picks. It's a draft, combine and spectator event rolled into one.

The Cowboys would have a built in advantage, as would the Buffalo Bills. The Broncos might never get a player, and in fact, might get 'drafted' by another team.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

Last edited by cartman : 05-08-2014 at 08:40 AM.
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:23 AM   #112
Ronnie Dobbs3
High School Varsity

The Manziel-Cowboys stuff makes sense in the Jerry way, but isn't romo starting the first year of a huge deal? Would they be hoping to have Johnny Football back up for three seasons or so?
Ronnie Dobbs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:54 AM   #113
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Manziel makes zero sense for the Cowboys.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:58 AM   #114
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
Manziel makes zero sense for the Cowboys.
Which is why it makes perfect sense.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:59 AM   #115
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs3 View Post
The Manziel-Cowboys stuff makes sense in the Jerry way, but isn't romo starting the first year of a huge deal? Would they be hoping to have Johnny Football back up for three seasons or so?

Maybe they're using his back surgery as an excuse to move in a new direction, kind of like what the Colts did with Peyton Manning, who also signed a big contract before his injury.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:03 AM   #116
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Maybe they're using his back surgery as an excuse to move in a new direction, kind of like what the Colts did with Peyton Manning, who also signed a big contract before his injury.

They can't do anything with Romo for at least 3 years without taking a roster-killing cap hit. The Colts got rid of Manning before he was due a $28 million bonus.

Last edited by cartman : 05-08-2014 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:07 AM   #117
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Peyton signed 5 year, $90 million contract in 2011. Yet the Colts turned out fine.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:08 AM   #118
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I'm not saying it would be a smart move if Romo is able to play. I'm just saying that there is precedent.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:13 AM   #119
cartman
Death Herald

The difference is basically the Cowboys and Romo are at the point the Colts and Manning would have been if they had paid Manning his $28 million bonus. With last year's extension, Romo got a $15 million bonus. Last month he restructured, and $12.5 million of his salary for this season was converted to bonus. If they cut him, all of that bonus money accelerates.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:26 AM   #120
Logan
Head Coach

Romo would count as $42 million in dead money on their cap if traded. And this is a team already with no space. Any "analyst" who mentions a trade as a possibility should immediately be fired.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:30 AM   #121
Ronnie Dobbs3
High School Varsity

The only ways drafting Manziel make sense are either to study for at least 2 more likely 3 seasons behind Romo, or blow up the entire team and rebuild around Manziel.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:39 AM   #122
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs3 View Post
The only ways drafting Manziel make sense are either to study for at least 2 more likely 3 seasons behind Romo, or blow up the entire team and rebuild around Manziel.

But you're still stuck with Romo for a couple more seasons and would have limited cap space plus Garrett would be fired somewhere along the way. Not exactly the best circumstances for a rookie QB to be exposed to.

I hope Jerry Jones isn't that dumb.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:44 AM   #123
BillJasper
Pro Starter

I could see if a Jake Matthews or Mike Evans fell to 16 and the Cowboys being tempted to take one of them. But this isn't exactly an inept offensive team when healthy. They badly need help on defense.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:44 AM   #124
Ronnie Dobbs3
High School Varsity

Yeah I mean I guess by "make sense" I meant "make even a shred of fiscal sense."
Old 05-08-2014, 10:47 AM   #125
QuikSand
lolzcat

Manziel to Dallas rumor = pre-draft GOLD
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:59 AM   #126
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post

I think the only reason Jones would draft Manziel is if he's desperate for attention. But I think it's a non-issue because I believe Manziel will be gone by 16.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:21 AM   #127
Suicane75
Coordinator

I don't expect it to happen, but as an Eagles fan I would be elated if they were able to get Bridgewater or Manziel.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:25 AM   #128
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't expect it to happen, but as an Eagles fan I would be elated if they were able to get Bridgewater or Manziel.

Not sold on Nick Foles?
Old 05-08-2014, 11:27 AM   #129
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
I think the only reason Jones would draft Manziel is if he's desperate for attention. But I think it's a non-issue because I believe Manziel will be gone by 16.

Raiders trade back with Cowboys and take receiver with fastest 40 speed using the Patriots as a middle man who stockpiles draft picks. Mel Kiper's hair explodes
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:30 AM   #130
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Not sold on Nick Foles?

I like Foles to a point, but no, I'm not sold on him as a franchise quarterback. I think both those guys are special talents.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:31 AM   #131
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Fuck it, lets have the draft during the season. Right after the trade deadline. Lets make it so the drafted players aren't eligible to play until they memorize the NFL rulebook, and they have to spend the first 4 seasons of their career as refs who can only make calls against the team that drafted them.

Lets make the official halftime show a fight to the death for bonus money between the two youngest players on each team.

I propose an eighth round where each drafted player selects one of 32 footballs from a bin. 31 contain a guaranteed contract. One contains an IED.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:38 AM   #132
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo View Post
I propose an eighth round where each drafted player selects one of 32 footballs from a bin. 31 contain a guaranteed contract. One contains an IED.

Old 05-08-2014, 11:40 AM   #133
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I like Foles to a point, but no, I'm not sold on him as a franchise quarterback. I think both those guys are special talents.

I don't know about Foles, honestly. But wouldn't it be a hard sell to ditch a guy coming off a year where he threw 27 TD's with 2 Interceptions?
Old 05-08-2014, 11:43 AM   #134
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo View Post

Can we conduct that round with everyone in a pool filled with piranha, surrounded by ropes made of exploding barbed wire?
Old 05-08-2014, 11:43 AM   #135
Suicane75
Coordinator

Of course, which is why I said I don't expect it. But I'm learning to not put anything past Chip Kelly.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:53 AM   #136
Logan
Head Coach

Friendly reminder to stay the hell off Twitter tonight if you don't want the picks "spoiled". Even though the ESPN and NFLN guys won't be sending out picks, they'll come from other sources.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:55 AM   #137
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Any predictions for "your" team?

Bengals - Bradley Roby
Old 05-08-2014, 12:00 PM   #138
Ronnie Dobbs3
High School Varsity

Patriots trade back from their pick, take Dominique Easley in the second
Old 05-08-2014, 12:01 PM   #139
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Dolphins - Trade up for Zack Martin. Though I'd be happy to team Ebron up with Charles Clay at TE. Would give the Tannehill another nice target and limit how much defenses can focus on Wallace.

Hoping they can come away with Tre Mason from Auburn in the 2nd or 3rd round.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:03 PM   #140
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post

I've been a Cowboys fan since a before Jimmy Johnson. When they were 1-15 I watched as I had hope for the future. I haven't been excited about a cowboys game in years and years. Last game I went to Aikman was holding on by a thread and the cowboys were headed south already. Thought I'd never go to a cowboys game again as long as Jerry was the owner. They just have no shot at winning it all. But if they drafted Manziel, I would go to see him play even if they couldn't afford 11 defensive guys. Pretty much sucks being a cowboys fan.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:10 PM   #141
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Charley Casserly definitely definitely knows about picking round one QB busts...

Casserly: Manziel “by far the most overrated player in the draft” | ProFootballTalk
Old 05-08-2014, 12:24 PM   #142
Logan
Head Coach

Think the Niners could trade up for a WR like Beckam Jr, Cooks, or Lee or go with a CB like Dennard, Fuller, Verrett. A lot of teams ahead of them have needs at those positions, so waiting might not be smart, and they have "too many" premium picks as is.

Last edited by Logan : 05-08-2014 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:34 PM   #143
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Can we conduct that round with everyone in a pool filled with piranha, surrounded by ropes made of exploding barbed wire?

Don't forget with sharks with laser beams.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:35 PM   #144
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Dolphins - Trade up for Zack Martin. Though I'd be happy to team Ebron up with Charles Clay at TE. Would give the Tannehill another nice target and limit how much defenses can focus on Wallace.

Hoping they can come away with Tre Mason from Auburn in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I would have presumed the Fins would stay away from linemen named Martin, to be honest.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:35 PM   #145
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Any predictions for "your" team?

Bengals - Bradley Roby

I do not like Roby. I would prefer a different CB or even Ryan Shazier.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:45 PM   #146
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
I do not like Roby. I would prefer a different CB or even Ryan Shazier.

I'm torn. Sometimes Roby looks great and sometimes he's terrible. I'd prefer Gilbert or Denard, but they'll both probably be gone. Marvin's been clearly hinting CB and generally the Bengals don't do smokescreens.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:26 PM   #147
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Patriots - DL, probably Hageman.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:36 PM   #148
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
It is going to get to a point where rookies will have a harder time getting up to speed before the season starts.

They are planning something......Probably during the next CBA....Have a threshold for rookie production(which they wont reach since the draft will be 2 or 3 weeks prior to the season starting) and if they don't get to a certain point they get another team option year..Keeping them away from that oh-so-lucrative 2nd contract for another year.
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:39 PM   #149
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

Quote:

Owners wouldn't go for it....Its during the oh so very important pee and overpriced beer break
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:43 PM   #150
Izulde
Head Coach

It's going to be an unsexy draft for Miami I bet. OL, OL, OL.

I'll be most interested in the UDFA pool to see where Caleb Herring goes.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote