Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 12:31 AM   #101
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade6119
I post in a similar manner to Brutus....does that mean you don't respect me? I believe that i am a very intellectual person, and have only disagreed with you on this one point(be it HM, Brutus, or whoever the FOTM...flame of the moment...at least i thought it was clever )...Does my posting stlye have anything to do with your respect for me as a poster?

If it does than im sorry but that is simply pathetic. Im not some hot chick who you judge immediately(i do that all the time). I believe that posters on this board deserve to be heard out. Do you all not also agree?

Hey, Blade, I don't know if this is aimed at me, but I for one think your writing, while perhaps borderline, is a little more comprehensible than Brutus's has been. You seem to be familiar with the period button and the carriage return, for instance. You occasionally capitalize the first word in your sentences.

I'm not mocking you. These are real things you do in your posts that Brutus doesn't that makes you a lot more readable.

One thing I learned in my Communications classes: A message is not just content by itself. A message is content and delivery. You cannot understand the message without successful use of both.

Chief Rum

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:31 AM   #102
Craptacular
College Starter

This is pointless. No, that's not a slam on you Brutus, but this thread is going nowhere. Do we all have to bitch at each other constantly??
Old 05-02-2003, 12:31 AM   #103
Brutus
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief Rum
Well, as they say, mockery is the highest form of flattery. I guess I'll be struggling to sleep tonight cuz I didn't get the Brutus Seal of Approval to disagree with you.

BTW, I did manage to struggle through that slop you call a first post. It took me a while, but I did it. I really have nothing else to offer except humor at this point, as what I have to say has already been well-stated by others (most accurately by TroyF). I guess I await on word from SkyDog to hear all sides of this, than I can determine what my opinion is.

Until then, I guess you'll just have to learn to deal with my baited humor.

Chief Rum

chief, you promised me yesterday not to use the smileys to hide jokes or sarcasm...come one now!
Old 05-02-2003, 12:32 AM   #104
TLK
Pro Starter

Is anyone tired of this yet?
Old 05-02-2003, 12:33 AM   #105
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by TheLionKing
Is anyone tired of this yet?

I came to the party late, but yes, even I am starting to tire of it.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:34 AM   #106
superbama
H.S. Freshman Team

Unless you are in the sidelines club you will not be told what is going on. Please return to your I'm with idiot and Hatrick threads.

Thank you
Old 05-02-2003, 12:34 AM   #107
Brutus
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by KWhit
Dude, just having a little fun at your expense. It was too easy. I had to do it.

The point many of us are making is that if you really have a valid point to make, you will get it across much better if people can actually read and understand it. When most people see a huge blob of text with no capital letters in it, (not to mention a thread title telling someone to "rot in hell") they tend to ignore whatever you are trying to say.

too easy?right, you spent an hour typing that little paragraph up. i dont have to do anything to make something i write more easy to read unless i feel it is necessary. obviously those that have a problem with how i write, read it, even if it took them 3 times like they "said".
Old 05-02-2003, 12:34 AM   #108
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
One thing I learned in my Communications classes: A message is not just content by itself. A message is content and delivery. You cannot understand the message without successful use of both.

Great point, bro-han!

Last edited by KWhit : 05-02-2003 at 12:35 AM.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:34 AM   #109
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Brutus
chief, you promised me yesterday not to use the smileys to hide jokes or sarcasm...come one now!

I'm being humorous right now. I am honestly having fun with this thread, cracking jokes. My smiley is entirely appropriate and properly used. All I promised was that when I'm not joking, you'll know it. And if you haven't read anough of my posts, ask around and others will tell you that it is pretty clear when I'm not joking.

Chief Rum

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:35 AM   #110
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bishop
Why is respect always an issue on message boards, and it's always directly related to how many post and how long a person has been around?

anyways, no I don't respect you, but not because anything you do or don't do.

It has shit to do with respect, just his post was a pain in the arse to read... having to try to read it several times myself because it was mostly just rambling.

I have stated many times over this very fact about repsect not meaning shit on this board or any internet message boards. I believe Horns said the same thing and got flammed on...hmm...Bishop...turning to the dark side are we?...free prize if ya do .
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Old 05-02-2003, 12:36 AM   #111
Brutus
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by Craptacular
This is pointless. No, that's not a slam on you Brutus, but this thread is going nowhere. Do we all have to bitch at each other constantly??

couldnt agree with you more.
you all can wait and ask skydog tomorrow if you choose.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:37 AM   #112
Brutus
n00b

Quote:
I'm being humorous right now. I am honestly having fun with this thread, cracking jokes. My smiley is entirely appropriate and properly used. All I promised was that when I'm not joking, you'll know it. And if you haven't read anough of my posts, ask around and others will tell you that it is pretty clear when I'm not joking.

Chief Rum

alright chief. smiley is accepted.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:39 AM   #113
Bishop
Mascot

Quote:
I have stated many times over this very fact about repsect not meaning shit on this board or any internet message boards. I believe Horns said the same thing and got flammed on...hmm...Bishop...turning to the dark side are we?...free prize if ya do .

There's a difference in when he said it because he'd say it, and then he'd argue with everyone that didn't 'respect' him. Just like every single post was his last post.

You were the one who brought it up, then you say it means nothing... so why ask if it makes them 'respect' you less an says its pathetic reason to do so, then say you don't care about respect online...

Its no wonder you two saw eye to eye.

Last edited by Bishop : 05-02-2003 at 12:40 AM.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:39 AM   #114
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

Chief Rum

God...chief and I are agreeing on something...nothing important, just that this thread is fun. Im enjoying myself messing with you guys...ive been serious in here at imes, and joking at times....as chief said, i believe you know the difference...shall we continue chief?
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:40 AM   #115
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
too easy?right, you spent an hour typing that little paragraph up. i dont have to do anything to make something i write more easy to read unless i feel it is necessary. obviously those that have a problem with how i write, read it, even if it took them 3 times like they "said".

It's flattering that you think my paragraph was so awesome that it took me an hour to write, but it just took a couple of minutes. Maybe 5, I'm not sure. I guess I must be super-talented or at the very least super-human or something. And hey, I did make some "message board pals" in the process, so it was time well spent.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:46 AM   #116
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bishop
There's a difference in when he said it because he'd say it, and then he'd argue with everyone that didn't 'respect' him. Just like every single post was his last post.

You were the one who brought it up, then you say it means nothing... so why ask if it makes them 'respect' you less an says its pathetic reason to do so, then say you don't care about respect online...

Its no wonder you two saw eye to eye.

It was actually sabotai that first brought it up, so you can go to hell. And im gald i saw eye-to-eye with him on that, as i believe he was right...i don't respect anyone on this board..do i like some, yes, but i don't respect them...i liked horns because he had the balls to say stuff others didn't, and it pissed me of when he gave advice on girls that i use and succeed with he was flamed on...sorry you still are bitter about whatever it is stuck up your panties.
Demotivation
Old 05-02-2003, 12:47 AM   #117
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Fine by me. But Brutus has accepted my use or lack thereof of the smiley, and I'm coming up dry on more jokes. So I'll have to think about things some more before I come up with any new zingers.

Chief Rum

Old 05-02-2003, 12:47 AM   #118
KWhit
Coordinator

Blade6119 = Brutus ????

Wierd.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:48 AM   #119
astralhaze
College Prospect

This thread is a sham. The Collateral Damage thread is where the real revolution is at! Viva Che!
Old 05-02-2003, 12:49 AM   #120
Brutus
n00b

Quote:
It's flattering that you think my paragraph was so awesome that it took me an hour to write, but it just took a couple of minutes. Maybe 5, I'm not sure. I guess I must be super-talented or at the very least super-human or something. And hey, I did make some "message board pals" in the process, so it was time well spent.

well im glad i flattered you KWit. and im glad you made some message board pals too. we all need something to strive for. and the fact that it took you an hour to mimmick me was sarcasm. im sorry i keep forgetting to use the smileys. i still havent learned.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:53 AM   #121
Brutus
n00b

Quote:
Fine by me. But Brutus has accepted my use or lack thereof of the smiley, and I'm coming up dry on more jokes. So I'll have to think about things some more before I come up with any new zingers.

Chief Rum

chief youre actually making me laugh at my own thread. things dont have to be so damn serious. i apologize for another thing, and that is the fact that some of you are arguing over a thread i started. there is no reason for that.
KWit. sarcasm or not, what you just did assuming/joking that blade and i are the same person is exactly my point. i dont know if you meant it but it is what started this whole mess in the first place.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:58 AM   #122
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade6119 = Brutus ????

Wierd.

Yup, thats it. I'm logged in at two places and running between comps. just to get you off my track, and make it look like i have more supporters . God, I thought it would forever be a secret you sly devil...using you whit...get it...haha...

ok...that was weak, but im running low too. Ill be back with more!!! "Ill be back," is how i belive Brutus put it
Demotivation
Old 05-02-2003, 12:58 AM   #123
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

I have no comment on the situation .
Old 05-02-2003, 12:59 AM   #124
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by CHEMICAL SOLDIER
I have no comment on the situation .

best view ive seen yet
Demotivation
Old 05-02-2003, 01:02 AM   #125
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
KWit. sarcasm or not, what you just did assuming/joking that blade and i are the same person is exactly my point. i dont know if you meant it but it is what started this whole mess in the first place.

I was just amazed at how similar your posts were to the one Blade made above where he told somebody to go to hell. I just thought it was humorous - he had no capital letters, lots of ellipses, and told someone to go to hell. I swear, I'm really having trouble telling your and his posts apart!

And dude, I didn't mean to bash you, it's just that I'm a writer (amateur only) and one of my pet peeves is poor grammar, no capitalization, etc.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:04 AM   #126
sabotai
General Manager

"well im glad i flattered you KWit. and im glad you made some message board pals too. we all need something to strive for. and the fact that it took you an hour to mimmick me was sarcasm. im sorry i keep forgetting to use the smileys. i still havent learned."

Apparently, there is a LOT you still haven't learned...
Old 05-02-2003, 01:05 AM   #127
Blade6119
Coordinator

Some of my posts are quite grammatically correct, while others leave much to be desired. Though i would hardly compare pet peeves and poor grammar. One of my pet peeves is ugly women. Just a thought for those of you looking for a good one to have.
Demotivation
Old 05-02-2003, 01:06 AM   #128
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by sabotai
"well im glad i flattered you KWit. and im glad you made some message board pals too. we all need something to strive for. and the fact that it took you an hour to mimmick me was sarcasm. im sorry i keep forgetting to use the smileys. i still havent learned."

Apparently, there is a LOT you still haven't learned...

I believe the same could be said for you. One thing i would look for is a sense of humor .
Demotivation
Old 05-02-2003, 01:08 AM   #129
sabotai
General Manager

Side note:

All due respect Blade, but you were not here when the cocky and funny thing originated. The first tiem HM posted it, and even the 5th and 6th time he did, he did NOT get flamed on it. It started out as a simple discussion. Several members disagreed with him, some others did agree.

What happened was that HM got all pissy because most people did not agree with what he did. So he went and made a mockery of himself when he came on bragging about how he got the phone number of some chick online using his "cocky and funny" routine. (The funniest thing was the chat log he posted. I thought he was neither cocky nor funny, and the girl was obviously a dimwit). And the whole thing just snowballed into one gigantic joke.

So anyway, if you want to know why his cocky and funny thing gets joked about a lot, it's because there is A LOT of history behind it, not because people just disagree and so they "flame away".
Old 05-02-2003, 01:09 AM   #130
sabotai
General Manager

Blade, funny you tell me to find a sense of humor while replying to A JOKE I made...sheesh...

Am I going to have to start placing disclaimers in all my posts again?
Old 05-02-2003, 01:09 AM   #131
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Wonder if this is DALEJRFAN or another person ?
Old 05-02-2003, 01:14 AM   #132
Brutus
n00b

Quote:
I was just amazed at how similar your posts were to the one Blade made above where he told somebody to go to hell. I just thought it was humorous - he had no capital letters, lots of ellipses, and told someone to go to hell. I swear, I'm really having trouble telling your and his posts apart!

And dude, I didn't mean to bash you, it's just that I'm a writer (amateur only) and one of my pet peeves is poor grammar, no capitalization, etc.

well KWhit, i understand you arent trying to bash me. im not trying to bash you and didnt start this thread to start a fight with any of you.
capitlization has nothing to do with grammar though. ive gone to college, graduated, have a job, and properly structure my essays or memos when needed. oh, and i capitalize too. what i write can be read w/o spelling errors or the like. i will grant you it could be easier to read, but im not here to please everyone. i have no hard feelings towards any of you. like i said before, i fully went into this knowing most would bash me and disagree with me.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:14 AM   #133
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Side note:

All due respect Blade, but you were not here when the cocky and funny thing originated. The first tiem HM posted it, and even the 5th and 6th time he did, he did NOT get flamed on it. It started out as a simple discussion. Several members disagreed with him, some others did agree.

What happened was that HM got all pissy because most people did not agree with what he did. So he went and made a mockery of himself when he came on bragging about how he got the phone number of some chick online using his "cocky and funny" routine. (The funniest thing was the chat log he posted. I thought he was neither cocky nor funny, and the girl was obviously a dimwit). And the whole thing just snowballed into one gigantic joke.

So anyway, if you want to know why his cocky and funny thing gets joked about a lot, it's because there is A LOT of history behind it, not because people just disagree and so they "flame away".

I was here for it all, but just chose not to post. I know all the history, but i do thank you for attempting to be corteous. I have no problems with you, and the sense of humor thing was a joke. Maybe i should have been serious due to your ^^ response...

Just wanted you to remember as i said im just having fun, and you seem serious. It's just an internet board is how you stated it i believe...
Demotivation
Old 05-02-2003, 01:18 AM   #134
sabotai
General Manager

"I was here for it all, but just chose not to post. I know all the history, but i do thank you for attempting to be corteous. I have no problems with you, and the sense of humor thing was a joke. Maybe i should have been serious due to your ^^ response...

Just wanted you to remember as i said im just having fun, and you seem serious. It's just an internet board is how you stated it i believe..."

My bad, I always took the rolling eye smiley to be a "you're an idiot" sign. So someone says something that you disagree with, but in your followup you post a message agreeing with it, and use the rolling eye smiley to indicate that you think it's stupid to think such a thing....

At least that's how I've always interpretted it. So my bad.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:18 AM   #135
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

I say with all honesty that before I started reading this thread I was fine but half way thru I developed a headache and had to stop.

Behold the Power of FOFC.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Old 05-02-2003, 01:19 AM   #136
sabotai
General Manager

"but im not here to please everyone."

Nope, you're here to be an ass. That much has been established.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:22 AM   #137
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
[BMy bad, I always took the rolling eye smiley to be a "you're an idiot" sign. So someone says something that you disagree with, but in your followup you post a message agreeing with it, and use the rolling eye smiley to indicate that you think it's stupid to think such a thing....

At least that's how I've always interpretted it. So my bad. [/b]

Wow...thats the first post in this thread i could not understand. I can understand Brutus at every meaning, but that parahraphy threw me for a loop. Oh well, i think it was an apology or an agreement...or maybe it was an isult...either way, cool.
Demotivation
Old 05-02-2003, 01:28 AM   #138
Brutus
n00b

Quote:
"but im not here to please everyone."

Nope, you're here to be an ass. That much has been established.

are you calling me an ass sabotai.
im not sure who you are quoting there, so at least let me know. if so, then you have stooped pretty low and now resort to name calling. my beef was and has never been with you. you need to calm down son.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:35 AM   #139
superbama
H.S. Freshman Team

No, I think he was saying if you ever run up on him he'll tear you up like panties on prom night. At least that what I read into it.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:39 AM   #140
Brutus
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by superbama
No, I think he was saying if you ever run up on him he'll tear you up like panties on prom night. At least that what I read into it.

i get the impression that sabotai couldnt break himself out of a paperbag let alone tear me up like panites on a prom night. he seems to not like to make his own stand and start a fight with someone that has nothing against him.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:41 AM   #141
superbama
H.S. Freshman Team

Dude, get a dell. I was joking.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:42 AM   #142
Brutus
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by superbama
Dude, get a dell. I was joking.

yeah, but sabotai wasnt. i was merely commenting on your comment. calm down kiddo.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:48 AM   #143
superbama
H.S. Freshman Team

lol, kiddo? Are you just spinning around like a drunken sailor trying to pick fights until the MPs come?

I'm off to bed, hopefully you can get your situation straightened out tommorrow with skydog.

Good night
Old 05-02-2003, 01:56 AM   #144
astralhaze
College Prospect

Quote:
I can understand Brutus at every meaning, but that parahraphy threw me for a loop.

That may be, but I have no idea what the fuck that is supposed to mean.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:57 AM   #145
ACStrider
High School JV

Well, at the end of the day you might be able to claim one thing, Brutus...highest post/day average! And this all in one thread.
Old 05-02-2003, 02:15 AM   #146
TroyF
Coordinator

An amazing display of posting efficiency.

TroyF
Old 05-02-2003, 02:47 AM   #147
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

If you guys don't stop arguing, I'm going to have to send in the kid...

Old 05-02-2003, 03:30 AM   #148
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Well, first of all, allow me to say that this thread might cause marital discord 'round here. It is not good for a man to wake up, be at the computer at 4am, and then proceed to laugh out loud for 10-15 minutes straight. I've had to muffle my mouth at this one.

Second, Blacky gave me some GOOD advice way back when I first became a mod when he told me that I should give people enough rope to hang themselves. I should have done that for this guy from day one. I spent some time the last 48 hours trying to make sure this guy couldn't post, then finally I said, "screw it, if I just let him post, he'll show his true colors." And did he ever. Excellent!

Third, this guy CLAIMED to be a veteran member and veteran poster to me. If that is true, then it is 100% cowardly and gutless to show up under a new name to defend a long-time problem child who I recently banned. This is an internet message board for crying out loud. You already have anonymity! At least have the guts to attach your opinion to your own screen name. If he's not a veteran member, then he misrepresented himself from the start.

I have closed this thread. If anyone else feels the need for further explanation, then PM me.
Old 05-02-2003, 03:37 AM   #149
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

One final word....

If any of you REALLY think that opinions other than mine aren't tolerated around here, then you've got an EXTREMELY warped view of things. Talk to Easy Mac, John Galt or astralhaze about whether or not I ever edited their posts or silenced their political opinions.

If any of you REALLY think that Ol' SkyDog gives out automatic permanent bans for attacking me and/or my moderating decisions, talk to Hell Atlantic, kcchief, couriers, Shorty, etc. etc. etc. Ask them how many times I've banned or suspended them, or even threatened to do so.

If any of you REALLY think that I strictly impose my personal morality on this message board, then just read through the QOTM list, view the Survivor Hot Chick threads where women are reduced to objects, or check out any of hundreds of threads where things I would consider immoral are allowed to be discussed.

Give me a break.