Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-10-2009, 09:15 PM   #101
Thomkal
Head Coach

My first "This level looks very dangerous" at 450'. I'm guessing it was the damned red ants that kept sapping my strength, leaving me at 12. Or perhaps its the nifty Ring of Damage (+75%) I found on that level.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:43 AM   #102
Malificent
High School JV

That's the only thing about the current set of options I miss. I usually run on preserve mode - so if you have an artifact on level, you get the "special feeling" message and you keep plugging away at the dungeon until you find that artifact.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:16 AM   #103
Tasan
College Starter

Well I got back to level 12, and down to 450'. I fought a REAL tough named baddie at 400', can't remember the name right now, but I had to keep coming back and whacking, then blinking away and resting til the deed was done. He had a fear touch as well that made things slower, because onced 'feared', I couldn't fight either. Hoping to delve deeper tomorrow.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:57 AM   #104
Thomkal
Head Coach

Fell through a trap door on another "very dangerous" level on my return to the dungeon-I think it was for a jelly pit, but at least I had explored most of the level before I hit the trap.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:18 AM   #105
Thomkal
Head Coach

Well so much for being an "expert" Angband player. Got to level 14, decided to try one of the quests, clear out a band of wizards. Wasn't expecting to land right in the middle of them with no stairs going up. Ported a couple times into the midst of even more, then got blinded and something kept hitting me draining my strength, was able to move to one square of stairs before what I assume was a Tengu ported me away.

Guess it's time for DuinathIII.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:09 PM   #106
Sporkimata
High School JV

I have made it to level 13 now. Balo has given me three different chaos weapons. Been a real boon to sell and buy more equipment. He did however give me a wasting disease, how kind.
Sporkimata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:29 PM   #107
Malificent
High School JV

Random note: I may never get rid of my current weapon. The stats:

Broad Sword (2d5) (Holy Avenger) (+9, +45%) [+4] (+3 attacks)

It increases your wisdom by 3. It is especially deadly against demons, the undead, and evil monsters. It sustains your dexterity. It provides resistance to fear. It allows you to see invisible monsters. It has been blessed by the gods. It provides protection from demons, the undead, and evil monsters. It was in a chest at 700'.

If I could get some more damage on that puppy, I may take it all the way to the bottom (assuming I don't die a painful death first).
Old 04-11-2009, 02:15 PM   #108
Thomkal
Head Coach

Well Balo apparantly felt bad for me losing my first two characters like that, or thought I was so pathetic I needed a boost from him to survive, so upon reaching level 2 he dropped two things for me. A Ball and Chain of Slay Undead (+8, +20%) and a Leather Scale Mail (11, +1). Then he raised all my stats the next level. Then he ignored me, then he raised my stats again, such a fickle patron. Then he gave me my first mutation-I receive warnings about my foes, whatever that means and I picked up a beastman mutation-detect monsters. Then he gave me the light up area mutation. He must have felt very bad/thought I was very pathetic with all these good gifts.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:19 PM   #109
Thomkal
Head Coach

Sweet sword there Mali!
Old 04-11-2009, 05:44 PM   #110
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Level 20 now and starting to improve statwise, thanks to a patron gift boost. Finally found a piece of eq. with see invisible and starting to feel pretty decent.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:09 PM   #111
Malificent
High School JV

So my ridiculously epic struggle today:

I discover the town of Ninkib, which is near the east wall of the wilderness, almost parallel with Zathdin View. So I immediately check out their quests. The first one was a quick "destroy the evil elves in their lair" - limited size lair and easy monsters for my level (26 at the time). The next quest they offer up is a danger level 34 - "rid the nearby area of venomous insects". Well, it's higher than I would normally do, but my stats are well guarded, so I might be able to kill these insects easier.

I go there, and it is a full dungeon level and I almost immediately stumble into the biggest room in the dungeon - this room is maybe 1/8th the size of the entire dungeon and it is filled with:

A) Traps, traps, and more traps
B) Mirkwood spiders
C) Mi-gos
D) Phase spiders

Mi-gos and phase spiders may be the most irritating low danger monsters in the entire game. Phase spiders can blink away and then either blink you away or blink you to them. Now imagine approximately 100 phase spiders in a room, where you are being blinked back and forth endlessly. Not dangerous, but you are often ready to shoot someone.

Then add mi-gos. They summon. Often. And a lot. And they summon from the Chaos Courts, which means they often summon Tengus...who can also summon. It takes me 1.5 hours real time to clear that room. Then I move on to another room about half the size of that has alternating rock walls and is full of more of the same. And as a bonus, when I would get near the right wall, a phase spider would end up blinking me to a room 50 ft away...and I'd have to go the long way around to get back. So an hour into that, and I'm almost done...

...when my shifting mutation goes off and the entire level resets. Gack! So I go back to town, stock up on Alchemy and Identify scrolls and then descend back in and 2.5 hours and 3 levels later, I manage to clear the whole thing and never want to see another freaking phase spider again.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:05 PM   #112
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

lol, good read, thanks for sharing.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:28 PM   #113
Thomkal
Head Coach

oh my Mali, get rid of that shifting mutation!
Old 04-11-2009, 08:42 PM   #114
Malificent
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
oh my Mali, get rid of that shifting mutation!

Is it possible to get rid of mutations? I mean, the shifting one is irritating, but it has been useful on occasion - normally if I shift during a quest level, it is a small level, and I know exactly what I'm doing, and since quests aren't random, I get duplicate items. But I think I would probably be better off ditching it if I could.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:31 PM   #115
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

What a fun game! I messed around with this for an hour tonight. I started the Duinith file and took him into the dungeon for the first time. Pretty standard fare for enemies, and I had little trouble crushing the various bugs and kobolds that tried to defy my descent to greatness.

Balo cured some of my wounds when I advanced to Level 2. At Level 3, he bumped me right up to Level 4 and tossed a neat cloak, axe, and light crossbow at my feet. (I'm guessing this stuff is decent because it has all sorts of pluses after the descriptions.) When I hit Level 5, he tossed me a Tanto of yet undetermined strength. At this point I was thinking you all are crazy about his fickleness. What an awesome god!

Then he promptly slapped me with Rotting Disease, which I'm guessing is the cause of my now lowered Constitution.

I didn't go down very far, just 200 feet or so. Only had one close call where some white jelly fish thingie poisoned me a bunch of times. My HP dropped to 16 before stabilizing. Whew!

I can't seem to find anything in town to help cure me of this Rotting Disease and get my Constitution back up, but since there really don't seem to be any hot chicks in this game, I'm guessing things will be okay. Who cares if half my face is falling off?
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:38 AM   #116
Tasan
College Starter

Friggin balo! I just had the best fight, killed a half troll while level 14, giving the 300+ xp needed to level. So what does balo decide to do? He says my opponents are unworthy and surrounds me about 5 deep in every direction with Orc Shamans.............I had ZERO mana as well. I forced a blink and it worked but made me pass out. I was still near them though, and the gave chase. When I got the mana, I dared another blink and it was luckily a full 10 north, and they were to the south. They had absolutely hammered me. Friggin Balo....
Old 04-12-2009, 12:42 AM   #117
Tasan
College Starter

So I thought I'd split this up. After the Shaman thing, I went back to town, got healed up and restocked, and headed back out. I came across a Young Red Dragon, which I beat with the help of my dragon slaying halberd. That bumped me up another level (Balo didn't surround me this time, just reset some injuries for me). I continued exploring and ran across a couple of Dark Elves. I killed one, but the other I couldn't get before I ran out of mana and potions to heal with. The dang thing chased me all the way back to town, where I frantically bought everything I could find to fight him off. He kept blinding me, cursing me, and going invis (I think). I don't know what finally happened to him, because I never was able to kill him. I think I lost him with all the buildings and gates and such. I survived with 17 HP after drinking, eating and reading everything I could find in town. So now I'm going back to dungeon diving around 500'. It seems safer down there ;- )

Oh and I'm still sitting at level 16, needing a couple hundred xp to advance.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:54 AM   #118
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malificent View Post
Is it possible to get rid of mutations? I mean, the shifting one is irritating, but it has been useful on occasion - normally if I shift during a quest level, it is a small level, and I know exactly what I'm doing, and since quests aren't random, I get duplicate items. But I think I would probably be better off ditching it if I could.

There's a potion of new life which I believe cures all your mutations, but its pretty deep in the dungeon-though I would suspect you could find one in the 50 million stores that sell potions. There should also be a mutatlist (in town/cities?) that can remove them. You can expose yourself to raw chaos somehow and hope that instead of gaining a mutation you lose one because you would have gained a duplicate to one you already have. Or you can hope for the mutation that randomly removes your mutations at random moments. So the mutatlist sounds like the easier choice Have you seen one in the game yet?
Old 04-12-2009, 06:58 AM   #119
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
Friggin balo! I just had the best fight, killed a half troll while level 14, giving the 300+ xp needed to level. So what does balo decide to do? He says my opponents are unworthy and surrounds me about 5 deep in every direction with Orc Shamans.............I had ZERO mana as well. I forced a blink and it worked but made me pass out. I was still near them though, and the gave chase. When I got the mana, I dared another blink and it was luckily a full 10 north, and they were to the south. They had absolutely hammered me. Friggin Balo....

Close call there Tasan! You need to carry some teleport scrolls for just this reason. I say this as this is what I should have been carrying when I was attacking the dragons with Duinath I and Balo nuked the nice protected setup I had for fighting them....
Old 04-12-2009, 07:01 AM   #120
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla Blitz View Post
What a fun game! I messed around with this for an hour tonight. I started the Duinith file and took him into the dungeon for the first time. Pretty standard fare for enemies, and I had little trouble crushing the various bugs and kobolds that tried to defy my descent to greatness.

Balo cured some of my wounds when I advanced to Level 2. At Level 3, he bumped me right up to Level 4 and tossed a neat cloak, axe, and light crossbow at my feet. (I'm guessing this stuff is decent because it has all sorts of pluses after the descriptions.) When I hit Level 5, he tossed me a Tanto of yet undetermined strength. At this point I was thinking you all are crazy about his fickleness. What an awesome god!

Then he promptly slapped me with Rotting Disease, which I'm guessing is the cause of my now lowered Constitution.

I didn't go down very far, just 200 feet or so. Only had one close call where some white jelly fish thingie poisoned me a bunch of times. My HP dropped to 16 before stabilizing. Whew!

I can't seem to find anything in town to help cure me of this Rotting Disease and get my Constitution back up, but since there really don't seem to be any hot chicks in this game, I'm guessing things will be okay. Who cares if half my face is falling off?

Glad you are enjoying it GB! And yes Balo can be pretty awesome until he gives you a horrible mutation like rotting Disease. Had it with one of my Duinath's, and got very lucky and had it cured when I picked up the regeneration mutation. You'll have to hope for items that will boost your con along the way to help negate that mutation or find the mutantlist somewhere in the game to remove it.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:32 AM   #121
Thomkal
Head Coach

well I'm really hoping this guy survives now. Balo has raised his stats three times giving him currents of 24,19,15,19,21, and 9. Plus helpful mutations like light an area and detect monsters. But just now when I hit level 10, Balo just dropped...Blue Dragon Scale Mail (30, +13). It gives me protection from electricity, plus I can "breathe" a lightning ball. Woohoo, thanks Balo!
Old 04-12-2009, 04:20 PM   #122
Tasan
College Starter

How can I remove a curse from a weapon I'm using? My mighty halberd has become curse, and I thought just reading a Remove Curse scroll would do it. That, however, seems to be doing nothing. Any ideas?
Old 04-12-2009, 05:17 PM   #123
Malificent
High School JV

Quote:
So I thought I'd split this up. After the Shaman thing, I went back to town, got healed up and restocked, and headed back out. I came across a Young Red Dragon, which I beat with the help of my dragon slaying halberd. That bumped me up another level (Balo didn't surround me this time, just reset some injuries for me). I continued exploring and ran across a couple of Dark Elves. I killed one, but the other I couldn't get before I ran out of mana and potions to heal with. The dang thing chased me all the way back to town, where I frantically bought everything I could find to fight him off. He kept blinding me, cursing me, and going invis (I think). I don't know what finally happened to him, because I never was able to kill him. I think I lost him with all the buildings and gates and such. I survived with 17 HP after drinking, eating and reading everything I could find in town. So now I'm going back to dungeon diving around 500'. It seems safer down there ;- )

Oh and I'm still sitting at level 16, needing a couple hundred xp to advance.

This follows my first rule of the Wilderness: Don't go there.

Heh, seriously, I wander around in the Wilderness way too much and I usually get killed there somehow. Just yesterday, I stumbled into the outskirts of a Dragon Camp. When the Wyrm drake breathed gravity and nexus on me and cost me 250 HP, I decided it was time for a quick teleport out and confinement to the dungeon for a while.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:47 PM   #124
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
How can I remove a curse from a weapon I'm using? My mighty halberd has become curse, and I thought just reading a Remove Curse scroll would do it. That, however, seems to be doing nothing. Any ideas?

Hmmmm a Remove Curse scroll should have worked unless it became heavily cursed somehow. Do you know how it became cursed? What did it say when you read the scroll? You likely will need a scroll of *Remove Curse* to remove it then, which will probably be hard to find and expensive I'm afraid. It could also be the "Ancient and Foul Curse", but you should be able to remove the weapon if you have that.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:02 PM   #125
Thomkal
Head Coach

Oh and another way to remove lightly cursed items and some cursed artifacts like the sword Calris is to use Enchant Weapon Accuracy and Enchant Deadliness scrolls on them. They have a chance to break the curse. I'm thinking it won't work on your halberd Tasan since remove curse didn't work, but you can give it a try if you can't find/afford a *Remove Curse* scroll.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:10 PM   #126
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

Stupid noob question here - I've gotten to 9th level and haven't seen Balo (or any other gift giving entity). Am I playing the right game or do I have to be a certain race/class? Pretty cool little game otherwise.
dwardzala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:26 PM   #127
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

Nevermind on the above question - I wasn't running the character. (D'oh)
dwardzala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:42 PM   #128
Thomkal
Head Coach

welcome dwardzala. I'm glad you figured that out.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:11 PM   #129
Malificent
High School JV

Up to level 30 now and just completed a danger level 47 quest to kill a level full of undead, which was relatively easy, since I seem to be protected from all their worst stuff - saw my first room made with unalterable walls (the stuff surrounding towns) and it had a metric ton of traps, monsters, and items. Got a artifact cap out of it...that I'm not using because my current one sustains STR/DEX/CON and that has saved my butt more times than I can count.

One quest got me the Trident of Wrath, which is pretty nice. Off to do another quest now.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:47 PM   #130
Sporkimata
High School JV

Finally got a Character to level 22. It's amazing how suspenseful it gets knowing if you die that is it. Balo keeps knocking my stats down and its getting annoying.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:07 AM   #131
Tasan
College Starter

I've made it up to level 18 now via questing. I've run up on this real hard kobold leader one that I just can't get past. Gonna have to stock up on some stuff before trying again.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:48 AM   #132
Lonnie
High School Varsity

Well I died on my first run at level 15. I finished up a level with a jelly pit and was in bad need of repairs. I figured I'd dive one more level and if it was boring then I'd recall to town. As I descended down the stairs, I found myself right outside of a Dragon pit. I killed a few and teleported away to heal up. Then I worked my way back to the pit and found a nice hallway to lure them into. I killed three and then got blinded and in a single turn was killed before I could blink or teleport.

This was all at 500', the log said the baby multihued dragon was a 900' monster. I guess I should have skipped the dragons and recalled back now that I am sitting here looking back on it.

I did have a nice Balo gift:
a Glaive (Holy Avenger) (2d6) (+5,+75%) [+3] (+3 attacks) {@w0}
You have full knowledge of this item. It increases your wisdom by +3. It
provides 3 extra blows per turn. It is especially deadly against demons,
the undead and evil monsters. It sustains your strength. It provides
resistance to fear. It allows you to see invisible monsters. It has been
blessed by the gods. It provides protection from evil monsters, the
undead and demons. It was granted to you by your Chaos Patron.

Here's my top 10 kills:

[Top 10 deepest kills]

1 Wolfhound Level 20 (1000')
2 Ochre jelly Level 19 (950')
1 Baby multi-hued dragon Level 18 (900')
2 Wolf Level 18 (900')
2 Pseudo dragon Level 17 (850')
1 Knight archer Level 17 (850')
1 Kobold chieftain Level 14 (700')
1 Baby gold dragon Level 13 (650')
1 Baby bronze dragon Level 13 (650')
6 Baby black dragon Level 13 (650')

I guess I'll start again tomorrow.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:23 AM   #133
Tasan
College Starter

Well I've wandered far and wide to find a *Remove Curse* and I don't think they exist. No more new weapons for me, I guess. I've been to 7 towns I believe, and nothing anywhere close to that. I almost got killed in my last wanderings, so I think I'm going back to the dungeon town to go diving for a little while.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:52 AM   #134
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

They shouldn't be that hard to find. Look for towns with scroll sellers or temples, those are the ones that usually carry remove curse scrolls.

Nothing much new to report, didn't have a lot of time to play.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:28 AM   #135
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Oh, one update I guess. I found a shield of resistance and so I was able to swap out my ring mail of resistance for an artifact set of rags (can't remember the name of it). Fairly nifty, +21 AC, +1 str/dex/con, create food every 100 turns (bye bye scrolls of satisfy hunger), sustain strength, and the difference between the shield + rags vs. ringmail saved me about 12 lbs of carrying. I think I'm at lvl 24 currently.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:29 AM   #136
Thomkal
Head Coach

Well at least I wasn't the only one to die via dragon pit
Old 04-13-2009, 10:31 AM   #137
Thomkal
Head Coach

That's some set of rags there JAG. good going at level 24 there
Old 04-13-2009, 10:33 AM   #138
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Well I've wandered far and wide to find a *Remove Curse* and I don't think they exist. No more new weapons for me, I guess. I've been to 7 towns I believe, and nothing anywhere close to that. I almost got killed in my last wanderings, so I think I'm going back to the dungeon town to go diving for a little while.

That sucks Tasan. Did you try the scrolls of enhance weapon? What cursed you do you remember?
Old 04-13-2009, 10:34 AM   #139
Thomkal
Head Coach

JUST A REMINDER:

COMP ENDS A WEEK FROM TODAY AT 11:59 PM EST. YOU MUST POST A CHAR DUMP HERE TO QUALIFY FOR THE COMP-LABEL THE DUMP AS YOUR ENTRY SO I KNOW ITS OFFICIAL.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:53 AM   #140
Thomkal
Head Coach

I was just looking in Galran and found a scroll of *remove curse* in one of the more expensive stores, It was there for 45,000+. So the scroll does exist, hopefully you can find it one of the less expensive stores.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:20 AM   #141
Thomkal
Head Coach

Hmmm dragon pits seem to be more common more early in this variant, just encountered one at 500' that I'm ignoring given my earlier death.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:49 PM   #142
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I was just looking in Galran and found a scroll of *remove curse* in one of the more expensive stores, It was there for 45,000+. So the scroll does exist, hopefully you can find it one of the less expensive stores.

Found it in the regular scroll store for 11,500 which is a little more manageable.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:19 PM   #143
Sporkimata
High School JV

Bah! Died at level 22. Used a healing potion when I should have used a teleport. That will teach me.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:28 PM   #144
Thomkal
Head Coach

ah bummer Spork! what killed you? Post your character dump if you want so we can see what a level 22 character looks like.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:38 PM   #145
Malificent
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporkimata View Post
Bah! Died at level 22. Used a healing potion when I should have used a teleport. That will teach me.

That's my second law of Zangband: The monsters aren't going anywhere, so feel free to teleport at the first sign of real trouble.

Sucks though. Like Thomkal, I'm curious what killed you.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:39 PM   #146
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporkimata View Post

You'd think so, but it won't. Everyone has countless deaths playing these game (on the usenet, people used to start off posts with YASD to signify Yet Another Stupid Death). My favorite one personally was getting a scroll of recall to work at the last minute bringing me back to town with one hp, only to die by a sparrow in town.

If it makes you feel better, if you had teleported, you probably would've ended up in the middle of a jelly pit and been killed, and would've blamed yourself for teleporting instead of healing.

EDIT: Apparently it was a fruit bat, not a sparrow.

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...2&postcount=20

Apparently I've also been playing these things on and off for almost 6 years now.

Last edited by JAG : 04-13-2009 at 03:46 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:29 PM   #147
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
You'd think so, but it won't. Everyone has countless deaths playing these game (on the usenet, people used to start off posts with YASD to signify Yet Another Stupid Death). My favorite one personally was getting a scroll of recall to work at the last minute bringing me back to town with one hp, only to die by a sparrow in town.

If it makes you feel better, if you had teleported, you probably would've ended up in the middle of a jelly pit and been killed, and would've blamed yourself for teleporting instead of healing.

EDIT: Apparently it was a fruit bat, not a sparrow.

Front Office Football Central - View Single Post - Anybody Else Ever Play Roguelike Games?

Apparently I've also been playing these things on and off for almost 6 years now.

LOL at the posts in that thread JAG. I still recommend Hengband from that post and Magic Eater is still my favorite character class ever.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:53 PM   #148
Tasan
College Starter

I've literally looked in every shop in 6-7 towns and didn't see that *remove curse*...gah...at one point I could have afforded 11.5k, but not right now. Gonna have to quest some more and keep looking. By the way, there are at least 2 towns as big or bigger than the one immediately east of the one we start in. They are to the far west and north west. There's usually some REAL nice stuff there, for pretty decent prices. I found about 10 weapons I would have bought if I could have removed my current one....
Old 04-13-2009, 09:59 PM   #149
Sporkimata
High School JV

[Z+Angband 0.3.2 Character Dump]

Name : Duinith Age 18 STR: 17.8
Sex : Male Height 60 INT: 15.1
Race : Beastman Weight 137 WIS: 15.7
Class : Chaos-Warrior Social Class 78 DEX: 12.3
Magic : Chaos CON: 14.9
Patron : Balo CHR: 8.3

+ Skill 5 Level 22 Max Hit Points 193
% Deadliness 145 Experience 12815 Cur Hit Points -1
+ To AC -2 Max Exp 13533 Max SP (Mana) 20
Base AC 34 Exp to Adv. 1885 Cur SP (Mana) 20
Gold 4035

(Miscellaneous Abilities)
Fighting : Excellent Perception : Poor Blows/Round : 2+1
Bows/Throw : Poor Sensing : Poor Shots/Round : 1.0
Saving Throw: Excellent Disarming : Fair Avg.Dam./Rnd: 54
Stealth : Poor Magic Device: Excellent Infra-Vision: 0'

[Miscellaneous information]

Preserve Mode: ON
Small Levels: ON
Maximum Level Reached: 21 (1050')

Stat Intrnl Rce Cls Mod Actual Currnt abcdefghijkl@
Str: 13.8 2 2 0 17.8 ...s.........
Int: 14.1 -2 1 2 15.1 .........2...
Wis: 17.7 -1 0 -1 15.7 ............1
Dex: 12.3 -1 1 0 12.3 .............
Con: 10.9 2 2 0 14.9 .............
Chr: 15.3 -4 -2 -1 8.3 ...s........1

Skill abcdefghijkl@
BonusSP: .............
Stealth: ............1
Search : .............
Infra : .............
Tunnel : .............
Speed : .............
Blows : .............

abcdefghijkl@
Acid : +............
Elec : .............
Fire : ......+......
Cold : .............
Poison: .............
Fear : .............
Light : .............
Dark : .............
Shard : .............
Blind : .............
Conf : ............+
Sound : ............+
Nether: .............
Nexus : .............
Chaos : .............
Disnch: .............

abcdefghijkl@
Reflect : .............
Aura Acid: .............
Aura Fire: .............
Aura Elec: .............
Aura Cold: .............
No Magic : .............
Free Actn: ............+
SeeInvis.: .............
Hold Life: .............
Telepathy: .............
SlwDigstn: ..+..........
Regen. : .............
Levitate : .............
PermLite : .....+.......
Mutate : ............+
Patron : ............+
Good Luck: .............
WeirdLuck: .............
Pass Wall: .............
GhulTouch: .............

abcdefghijkl@
Pr Animal: .............
Pr Evil : .............
Pr Undead: .............
Pr Demon : .............
Pr Orc : .............
Pr Troll : .............
Pr Giant : .............
Pr Dragon: .............
Cursed : .............
AutoCurse: .............
Teleport : .............
NoTeleprt: .............
Aggravate: .............
DrainStat: .............
Drain Exp: .............
Slow Heal: .............
Can't Eat: .............
EvilCurse: .............

You have defeated 4571 enemies.

[Top 10 deepest kills]

1 Ball lightning Level 30 (1500')
1 Cloud giant Level 30 (1500')
2 Giant octopus Level 27 (1350')
2 Energy hound Level 27 (1350')
1 Gazer Level 25 (1250')
6 Red mold Level 25 (1250')
1 Frost giant Level 24 (1200')
3 Flying skull Level 24 (1200')
1 Gelatinous cube Level 23 (1150')
15 Bakeneko Level 23 (1150')

[Mutations]

You can bring down the dungeon around your ears (-1 WIS).
You have an elephantine trunk (dam 1d4, -1 CHR).
Your health is subject to chaotic forces.
You have a horrible wasting disease.
Your blood sometimes rushes to your muscles.
Your movements are precise and forceful (+1 stealth).

[Character Equipment]

a) a Scythe of Slicing of Acid (8d4) (+7,+35%)
It does extra damage from acid. It provides resistance to acid. It
cannot be harmed by acid. You bought it in a Warrior Hall in Tarquet
Watch.
b) a Long Bow (x3) (+0,+0%)
c) an Iron Ring of Slow Digestion
It slows your metabolism. You bought it in a Temple in Anmer.
d) a Calcite Ring of Sustain Physique
It sustains your strength and charisma. You bought it in a Jeweler in
Zathdin View.
e) a Braided Amulet of Immortality
f) a Wooden Torch of Everburning
It provides permanent light. You bought it in a General Store in Anmer.
g) a Chain Mail of Resist Fire (-2) [14,-2]
It provides resistance to fire. It cannot be harmed by fire. It was
granted to you by your Chaos Patron.
h) a Cloak [1,+0]
i) a Tower Shield [8,+0]
j) an Iron Helm of Intelligence [5,+0] (+2)
It increases your intelligence by +2. It sustains your intelligence. It
was granted to you by your Chaos Patron.
k) (nothing)
l) a Pair of Metal Shod Boots [6,+0]

[Character Inventory]

a) a Chaos Spellbook [Sign of Chaos]
b) a Chaos Spellbook [Chaos Mastery] {50% off}
c) 10 Strange Mushrooms of Resist Blindness
d) 3 Pink Spotted Mushrooms of Plenty
e) 12 Flasks of oil
f) a Dark Red Potion of Berserk Strength
g) 10 Inky Black Potions of Cure Serious Wounds {5% off}
h) a Palladium Rod of Recall
i) an Adamantite Rod of Illumination
j) an Electrum Wand of Stone to Mud
k) a Small quiver
l) a Driftwood Staff of Perception (27 charges)
m) a Cypress Staff of Cure Medium Wounds
n) a Padded Armor [4]
o) a Shovel (1d2) (+3,+30%) (+1)
It increases your ability to dig by +1. You bought it in a General Store
in Anmer.

[Home Inventory - Tarquet Watch]

a) 15 Pink Spotted Mushrooms of Plenty
b) a Bloody Potion of Restore Intelligence
c) 10 Scrolls titled "foonin odeep" of Identify
d) a Scroll titled "ood orgrhov" of *Identify*
e) 2 Scrolls titled "ishtrol agarze" of Remove Curse
f) an Electrum Wand of Stone to Mud (10 charges)

[Spells]

You have learned 13 spells and/or improvements.

You have 0 tier-1 slots (levels 2-11) remaining.
You have 0 tier-2 slots (levels 2-21) remaining.
You have 6 tier-3 slots (levels 2-31) remaining.
You have 6 tier-4 slots (levels 2-41) remaining.
You have 5 tier-5 slots (levels 2-50) remaining.

Chaos Magic:

Book 1: Cost Fail% Power%
--------------------------------------------------------
Ray of Frost 0 9% 0%
Magic Missile 1 8% +10% improved
Trap / Door Destruction 2 9% 0%
Blink 2 9% 0%
Static Field 4 9% 0%
Touch of Confusion 5 9% 0%
Immolation 7 9% 0%
Polymorph Other 7 9% 0%
Fire Bolt 8 12% 0%

Book 2: Cost Fail% Power%
--------------------------------------------------------
Fist of Force 9 16% 0%
Teleport Self 9 21% 0%
Chain Lightning 15 21% 0%

[Quests]

====Active quests====

Defeat the undead camp west of Ninkib.

From a Courier in Galran (Danger level 0):
Carry a message to Orrax the Smart in Heduz Town.

From a Courier in Zathdin View (Danger level 0):
Carry a message to Corpselight Demonspawn in Nalahim Watch.

From a Warriors' Guild in Tarquet Watch (Danger level 11):
We have heard that a number of swarming insects have been running amok in the area near Tarquet Watch. Discover their hideout and slay them all.

From a Mages' Guild in Galran (Danger level 11):
A number of wizards have been seen in the area south-east of Galran. Discover their lair and slay them all.

From a Castle in Galran (Danger level 12):
Kill the 5 Knight archers that are guarding dungeon level 12. ( 600ft) You have killed 0.

From a Town Hall in Tarquet Watch (Danger level 17):
A Kobold chieftain and its minions have been hiding in the area near Tarquet Watch. Find their hideout and destroy them.

From a Keep in Anmer (Danger level 26):
A Griffon and its gang have been spreading evil in the area north-west of Anmer. Find their den and kill them.

====Finished quests====

Kill 11 Black harpies by Day 18, 8:47 AM. (Finished)

Kill 11 Giant white ants by Day 18, 9:13 AM. (Finished)

Kill 14 Rattlesnakes by Day 18, 9:41 AM. (Finished, Failed)

Kill 8 Large grey snakes by Day 18, 10:46 AM. (Finished, Failed)

Kill 3 Hunting hawks of Julian by Day 18, 11:57 AM. (Finished)

Kill 6 White harpies by Day 18, 12:32 PM. (Finished)

(Danger level 1): Smeagol has been killing people in the area near Zathdin View. Track him to his den and destroy him. (Finished)

(Danger level 4): A Green icky thing has been lurking in the area near Anmer. Track it to its stronghold and destroy it.
(Finished)

(Danger level 12): Brodda, the Easterling and his minions have been spotted in the area near Galran. Find his lair and kill him. (Finished)

[Message Log (last 50 messages)]

You were wielding a Shovel (1d2) (+3,+30%) (+1) (a).
You are wielding a Scythe of Slicing of Acid (8d4) (+7,+35%) (a).
You feel youthful!
There is a wall blocking your way.
You are surrounded by a white light.
You tunnel into the quartz vein. <35x>
You have found something!
It breathes frost. <3x>
You get in a shield bash!
The Frost giant is stunned.
You hit the Frost giant.
You have slain the Frost giant.
It breathes frost. <2x>
You feel weak for a moment, but the feeling passes.
One of your Inky Black Potions of Cure Serious Wounds {5% off} (g) was destroyed!
It is unharmed. <3x>
In your pack: 13 Inky Black Potions of Cure Serious Wounds {5% off} (g).
It breathes frost. <3x>
The Frost giant resists a lot.
Low hitpoint warning!
*** LOW HITPOINT WARNING! ***
You feel much better.
In your pack: 12 Inky Black Potions of Cure Serious Wounds {5% off} (g).
It breathes frost.
It breathes frost.
One of your Inky Black Potions of Cure Serious Wounds {5% off} (g) was destroyed!
The Frost giant looks healthier.
It is unharmed. <2x>
In your pack: 11 Inky Black Potions of Cure Serious Wounds {5% off} (g).
It breathes frost.
Low hitpoint warning!
The Frost giant looks healthier.
It is unharmed. <2x>
In your pack: 10 Inky Black Potions of Cure Serious Wounds {5% off} (g).
It breathes frost.
The Frost giant hits you.
You are covered with frost!
The Frost giant hits you.
It breathes frost.
Can't it be there's been some sort of error? You die.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:06 AM   #150
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Three tips I think you can take from that death:

1. Never allow yourself to stand in a place where you would take a bunch of breath attacks if you can help it (so yes, teleporting would've been the right call).

2. As low as you were in the dungeon, you need to have the four basic resistances (fire, cold, lightning, acid). Even then, you wouldn't have wanted to stay in your situation because you'd still take some damage with only resistance (if you had immunity, it'd be ok). I also wouldn't recommend going that far without see invisible or free action unless you're very careful.

3. As you get higher in level, you need better sources of curing (cure critical wounds, potions of healing, potions of *healing*, etc...)

Nice work though, I'm impressed you survived to fight as deep as you were.