Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-09-2008, 09:31 AM   #101
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
The release of this book detailing that the MS executives knew there were issues and released the console anyway will only further the problem.

Yes, because a bunch of 15-24 year old guys are going to take time out from reading Page 2 on ESPN to be all over a book that will be lucky to crack the top 5,000 on Amazon's best-seller list.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:34 AM   #102
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The release of this book detailing that the MS executives knew there were issues and released the console anyway will only further the problem.

Too busy to read. I've been playing games on my 360
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:37 AM   #103
Atocep
Coordinator

I saw this article yesterday and the first thing I thought of was genuine glee Mizzou would have posting it.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:37 AM   #104
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
I've been playing games on my 360

Congrats. It would appear you're the lucky one.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:37 AM   #105
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I won't lie; I have a 360 and PS3, and I hardly play the PS3 at all. Now granted, it has gotten use for the bluray, but really, I haven't needed to play it at all.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:39 AM   #106
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I saw this article yesterday and the first thing I thought of was genuine glee Mizzou would have posting it.

There's no satisfaction in this situation. There are a lot of consumers that got shafted here. I was just as pissed several years ago when I had disc reading errors on my PS2. Corporations who pull this kind of bull@#$% should be called out for it. It's ridiculous.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 09-09-2008 at 09:40 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:44 AM   #107
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Why the hell did this get it's own thread? Not enough attention/reaction in the Consoles Sales thread any more for you?
Old 09-09-2008, 09:50 AM   #108
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

Yeah, when I fail to post a negative PS3 article first, I get berated for it. When a 360 owner such as your self fails to do the same thing that my detractors ask of me, I get berated for it. It's a very convinient arrangement, I must say.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:02 AM   #109
wade moore
lolzcat

One thread a month for the 360 hatred is enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:06 AM   #110
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Too busy to read. I've been playing games on my 360

The guy that started that odyssey was great at the end of the article where he points out that he still owns a 360 because the games are so good
Old 09-09-2008, 10:08 AM   #111
Subby
lolzcat

YOU BEEN MERGED
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:12 AM   #112
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
The guy that started that odyssey was great at the end of the article where he points out that he still owns a 360 because the games are so good

But that has little relevance to the point. No one has ever said that the library quality was an issue. The only issue being pointed out is that MS knowingly released faulty hardware. As he mentioned, one of the reasons that the hardware is even selling at this point is the existing users buying new consoles so they can play their existing library after the initial console dies.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:12 AM   #113
MikeVic
Head Coach

One thing that's on my mind... why are you guys using the July thread? I'm pretty sure there's an August one?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:14 AM   #114
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post

Wah

I think one thread a month for NFL scores and college threads is enough as well.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:19 AM   #115
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
One thing that's on my mind... why are you guys using the July thread? I'm pretty sure there's an August one?

Oops - it was the most recent one with posts.

Ohwell.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 09-09-2008, 10:24 AM   #116
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Oops - it was the most recent one with posts.

Ohwell.

This is the most recent one. Big Fo initially called it August Console Sales by mistake. He edited the title as it was actually July sales figures.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:25 AM   #117
wade moore
lolzcat

Roger that - was searching and couldn't find anything for August this year.

Quote:
Old 09-09-2008, 10:27 AM   #118
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

So only if it's anti-360 will it be merged into this thread? Seriously?

There's several other console related threads that likely need to be merged into this thread given that logic.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:33 AM   #119
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

This thread merge has been brought to you by EA Sports, Microsoft, the Democrat Party, the number 7 and the letter Q.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:49 AM   #120
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So only if it's anti-360 will it be merged into this thread? Seriously?

There's several other console related threads that likely need to be merged into this thread given that logic.

I already reported wade's post on this very logic. We should also merge any future NFL weekly threads, college gameday threads and anything else redundant. It's kind of a joke that this got merged but what else do you expect from mods with too much time on their hands when they don't like a topic?
Old 09-09-2008, 11:52 AM   #121
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
I already reported wade's post on this very logic. We should also merge any future NFL weekly threads, college gameday threads and anything else redundant. It's kind of a joke that this got merged but what else do you expect from mods with too much time on their hands when they don't like a topic?

Considering your posting this in a MONTHLY standalone console sales thread, this is a pretty fucking stupid post.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:57 AM   #122
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Considering your posting this in a MONTHLY standalone console sales thread, this is a pretty fucking stupid post.

Considering the thread in question was merged with this one, where exactly would you like me to post it?

Well I for one don't need to see weekly NFL threads popping up when one for the season seems to do fine for the NHL, MLB, NBA. Of course, consistency has never been a strong suit of the moderation here.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:00 PM   #123
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Considering the thread in question was merged with this one, where exactly would you like me to post it?

Well I for one don't need to see weekly NFL threads popping up when one for the season seems to do fine for the NHL, MLB, NBA. Of course, consistency has never been a strong suit of the moderation here.

Way to miss the point. The threads you're complaining about are the exact same as these monthly sales threads. If all these were consolidated into one "console sales" thread, you would have a point. But they aren't, so you don't.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:01 PM   #124
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Way to miss the point. The threads you're complaining about are the exact same as these monthly sales threads. If all these were consolidated into one "console sales" thread, you would have a point. But they aren't, so you don't.

and I think you are missing the point of wade's "logic"

besides the fact that a console and it's history of failing isn't the same as reporting sales numbers but don't let logic stand in your way.

Last edited by Chubby : 09-09-2008 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:04 PM   #125
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Man for a second thought something awesomely cool had happened in the video game world today with all the new posts

It's a shame we'll never truly know how much the RROD saga has hindered Microsoft this generation, at least in terms of market share. Maybe it will be the thing that keeps them from a strong second place finish or maybe it has had little effect at all...
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:29 PM   #126
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

The mods used some very faulty and bias logic to make their moderating decision on merging the thread in this one. With that said, this isn't a democracy and there's little that can be done about moderation errors, so it's best to move on and discuss it here.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 09-09-2008 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:42 PM   #127
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Bias logic? For shame! This thread is no place for bias!
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:58 PM   #128
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
Bias logic? For shame! This thread is no place for bias!

There's plenty of room for bias in opinions in the thread. There's little room for bias in moderation of a message board. It's apples and oranges, but don't let that get in the way of your strawman argument.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:06 PM   #129
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
There's plenty of room for bias in opinions in the thread. There's little room for bias in moderation of a message board. It's apples and oranges, but don't let that get in the way of your strawman argument.

I was just joking around, but don't let that get in the way of your search for straw-people.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:21 PM   #130
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
If you didn't have such a for-shit reputation here I can almost guarantee that the thread wouldn't have been touched.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Last edited by Subby : 09-09-2008 at 01:21 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:24 PM   #131
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

It's ridiculous how far some people will go to make sure they don't acknowledge anything wrong with the 360.

It's a reputable source, with real information. Who gives a shit where or who posted it?

The system on a hardware design scale is a turd. In about 5-8 years we'll have 15+ million Microsoft paperweights.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:46 PM   #132
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deattribution View Post
It's ridiculous how far some people will go to make sure they acknowledge everything wrong with the 360.

Works both ways
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 09-09-2008, 01:49 PM   #133
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
It's ridiculous how far some people will go to make sure they don't acknowledge anything wrong with the 360.

It's a reputable source, with real information. Who gives a shit where or who posted it?

The system on a hardware design scale is a turd. In about 5-8 years we'll have 15+ million Microsoft paperweights.

Exactly. The ONLY reason that thread was merged was because I posted it. It was a well-written article with very good points. There were posts upon posts in the past months from many of the same posters who said I was just stirring the pot and that there was no issues on the Xbox 360. When proof finally comes to verify those claims, I posted it. So the supposed bias that I carried was actually more factual than the claims of those that disputed those 'rumors' and claimed it was just 'Sony bias'.

Quote:
If you didn't have such a for-shit reputation here I can almost guarantee that the thread wouldn't have been touched.

You mean if I hadn't discussed the problems with the 360 in previous months before the proof was fully established, I would have never been painted by the pro-360 crowd as being a rumor spreader when my points were actually spot-on and factual.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:55 PM   #134
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
You mean if I hadn't discussed the problems with the 360 in previous months before the proof was fully established, I would have never been painted by the pro-360 crowd as being a rumor spreader when my points were actually spot-on and factual.
No I just think that, in general, you have a for-shit reputation. Seems like there is a lot of ill will towards you in any number of threads.

Just an observation and possible explanation.

Old 09-09-2008, 01:58 PM   #135
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Works both ways

Yawn.

You're right, there's no problem with Xbox 360's failing at a crazy rate. Go stick your head back in the sand.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:59 PM   #136
CraigSca
Pro Starter

The point is - the 360 hardware sucks, and we as consumers know it. That being said, the people who hate Bill Gates/Windows or sleep next to their PS3s each night have to deal with the fact that a console with a 68% attrition rate won this round. I know it hurts, but deal with it. Frankly, it doesn't effect you as much as you think it does.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:03 PM   #137
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Exactly. The ONLY reason that thread was merged was because I posted it. It was a well-written article with very good points. There were posts upon posts in the past months from many of the same posters who said I was just stirring the pot and that there was no issues on the Xbox 360. When proof finally comes to verify those claims, I posted it. So the supposed bias that I carried was actually more factual than the claims of those that disputed those 'rumors' and claimed it was just 'Sony bias'.

I'll try to say what others have said in a nicer way... The way you constantly bombard everyone here with article after article after article, some probably pretty accurate, and others probably more rumorish, it goes from passing on information to seemingly trying to push across an agenda.

This is not just isolated to your dislike of XBOX360, but it seems to be true on any of your hot button issues that you feel passionately about. You just bombard everyone with your point until it gets to where the majority just don't even care if you are right or wrong, they just want you to stop filling up threads about it. They might have an Xbox already, they might understand there were many issues with it up front, but after the constant posts about how horrible it is, they likely just want to enjoy playing their Xbox that is working fine for them.

I guess it is the old saying, sometimes you can get more flies with honey than with a sledgehammer.. instead of providing information to warn future potential buyers once or twice, you set up the holy crusade against Xbox that turns the majority of people off.

I think that is what most people have issues with and it just doesn't seem to faze you that many posters just don't seem to like your posts. In my opinion the mods probably didn't need to merge your thread considering all of the other ones on the board, but most of that just has to do with your history on the boards. My suggestion would be to try a different approach and see if you are less attacked by being more interested in forum discussion rather than appearing to try to push agendas all of the time.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:04 PM   #138
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
That being said, the people who hate Bill Gates/Windows or sleep next to their PS3s each night have to deal with the fact that a console with a 68% attrition rate won this round.

That's a VERY premature conclusion given that the 360 hasn't outsold the PS3 worldwide in any single month in 2008.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:07 PM   #139
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
The point is - the 360 hardware sucks, and we as consumers know it. That being said, the people who hate Bill Gates/Windows or sleep next to their PS3s each night have to deal with the fact that a console with a 68% attrition rate won this round. I know it hurts, but deal with it. Frankly, it doesn't effect you as much as you think it does.

'Won' what round?

When your Xbox 360 RRODs or E74's are you really going to smile because the Xbox 360 holds a 5m lead in the world wide sales, and a 7m in the NA market?

Most consumers don't know how bad it is until after the fact.

Not to mention the Wii 'won this round'.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:07 PM   #140
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yawn.

You're right, there's no problem with Xbox 360's failing at a crazy rate. Go stick your head back in the sand.

Never said there wasn't issues with it. Point out where I did. Just made a comment that there are some people that like to bring it up every article or snippet that points this out on the PS3 side and the 360 side.

I do find these threads amusing though.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:14 PM   #141
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I think that is what most people have issues with and it just doesn't seem to faze you that many posters just don't seem to like your posts. In my opinion the mods probably didn't need to merge your thread considering all of the other ones on the board, but most of that just has to do with your history on the boards. My suggestion would be to try a different approach and see if you are less attacked by being more interested in forum discussion rather than appearing to try to push agendas all of the time.

Here's the lone problem I have with that. Initially, I used a lot less links in my discussion posts. The problem was that many posters wanted a link or reference for everything I posted. Rather than dealing with multiple posts (one to post discussion and another to post the link), I just started posting the link for everything I post. As a result, people now bitch about too many links. I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't.

I appreciate your points. I feel like I've put far less of my personal bias when posting industry news as a nod to some things you mention. I do get a lot of personal messages from people thanking me for posting the information, so I know that there are plenty that do like to see a lot of the info in one place. I honestly post the articles to spur discussion more than any personal agenda. I just want to talk about gaming news, no matter what it's about. But that doesn't preclude me from expressing my opinion on things on occasion, just like any other poster. People don't have to believe that if they don't want to, but it's the truth.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 09-09-2008 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:17 PM   #142
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
'Won' what round?

When your Xbox 360 RRODs or E74's are you really going to smile because the Xbox 360 holds a 5m lead in the world wide sales, and a 7m in the NA market?

Most consumers don't know how bad it is until after the fact.

Not to mention the Wii 'won this round'.

FWIW, we all know the Wii has won already, I was merely referring to the 360 vs. PS3 debate.

Btw, I have no stake in this game. The 360 winning or the PS3 winning doesn't matter to me. I'm just sick of the bombardment of real and rumored data that isn't going to change a single mind on this board.

That being said, I'll just back out of here, as I got suckered into replying and should have just known better.
how do you know?

Last edited by CraigSca : 09-09-2008 at 02:18 PM.
CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:22 PM   #143
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
I'm just sick of the bombardment of real and rumored data that isn't going to change a single mind on this board.

Welcome to half the threads on this board.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:25 PM   #144
MJ4H
Coordinator

you just posted my most dominate thoughts on this subject
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:27 PM   #145
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
The fact that this is constantly done wrong is rediculous.

I'd agree. It's "rediculous" that anyone would make a spelling or grammer error on a message board.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:30 PM   #146
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Never said there wasn't issues with it. Point out where I did. Just made a comment that there are some people that like to bring it up every article or snippet that points this out on the PS3 side and the 360 side.

I do find these threads amusing though.

Yet the fact that you want to dismiss things based on who posts it is comical.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:33 PM   #147
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
I'd agree. It's "rediculous" that anyone would make a spelling or grammer error on a message board.
I going to hit that real fast.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:46 PM   #148
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yet the fact that you want to dismiss things based on who posts it is comical.

You really are reading too much into my posts.

If it makes you feel better..

Too busy to read. I've been playing games on my Wii.

Too busy to read. I've been masturbating.

Too busy to read. I've been writing stupid stuff on message boards.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:20 PM   #149
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I actually wouldn't mind more thread mergers around here.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 03:21 PM   #150
MikeVic
Head Coach

We should merge every Off Topic thread into a giant one called "General Discussion."
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote