Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-07-2005, 01:12 PM   #101
KevinNU7
College Starter

That was teh best part "Weren't you the QB at Central Michigan?" "No. I went to Central Michigan but I didn't play"

Man, atleast say you went to a different college
Old 10-07-2005, 01:13 PM   #102
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
That was teh best part "Weren't you the QB at Central Michigan?" "No. I went to Central Michigan but I didn't play"

I had the same thought... much easier to defend if you didn't go there at all..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 01:17 PM   #103
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:

lol, thats what i was thinking too. What 6'6 dude built like that goes to college and is not on a sports scholarship?
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 03:38 PM   #104
Swaggs
Coordinator

I think he actually played up until 1990, so she could conceivably remember him from her teenage years through interviews and such, if she is a massive sports fan.

Either way, this is one of the most enjoyable storylines that I can remember. I like both Gary and Danni, so it makes it even better.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 03:42 PM   #105
jbmagic
Pro Starter

it will benefit her to take the qb to the final 2 and then tell the whole jury about his days as a qb in the nfl.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 06:12 PM   #106
Ironhead
College Prospect

Just a little insight to the Hogeboom getting spotted by Danni. I have read on another board from people who have actually heard Danni on the radio that her father was a huge Cowboys fan growing up. Also, most of the times these guys catch sight of each other before they ever end up going to shoot the show. She could have done a little research on him before getting to the island.

Or she might just be that good.

Or the producers might have given her the information.

Either way she needs to eat something. I think she is ridiculously thin.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 06:44 PM   #107
Mota
College Benchwarmer

I think that this swap really removes the integrity from the game. Not that Survivor ever really has any... I view it a lot more as an entertainment program than a true game. They just make and change rules anytime they want to make it exciting on TV.

That would be like an NBA game where the referee suddenly announces that it's full contact, and then 5 minutes later it's 4 on 4.

And onto the Gary thing, I think that he should have admitted he was in the NFL 15 years ago. I mean, how much money did they make back then? Certainly nothing like it is these days...
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 06:57 PM   #108
wishbone
High School JV

If Gary says "I got my butt kicked, made fun of in the press and death threats to my family for 10 years because I wasn't that good and in my best year made 120,000 before the owner took his half to pay for the hotels and plane rides", he's in the clear. It's a much more believable lie and may negate the "NFL QBs all make $100 million" idea
wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 07:01 PM   #109
Rockstar
Mascot

Any tv tapon rag show where the host (who acts like hot shit but in reality couldnt last one week under the contestants conditions) can mind $uck someone into quitting in order to keep the popular honey around really doesnt mean much to me.
From what I heard about this season, it sounds like none of the new contestants have learned anything from the previous seasons.
Backstab Mother%ucker!!! Backstab!!!!!! Its always worked in the past. Lie! Cheat! Steal!!
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 07:48 PM   #110
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I, too, am annoyed by Jeffy and how he thinks he's hot shit. The good news is that I heard that he will not renew his contract once it's up, so there are a finite number of seasons we have left with him. I guess it's because he wants to spend more time with the chick he hooked up with on the show.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 08:47 PM   #111
Dutch
"Dutch"

For all it's weaknesses, it's still got a lot of enterntainment value. It's the only show on TV that my wife, my kids, and I all sit down to watch. That in itself makes it the best show on TV in my mind.

Now, if I can get the family to watch football and shut up about it at the same time, I'd be set.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 02:03 AM   #112
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Yay, Steph can shut up about losing now.

Cool that Gary was able to convince his tribe to make a vote that would even out the members of old/new Yaxha. Of course, Blake helped vote himself out with the bragging.

In the preview for next week's ep, it looks like Bobby Jon and Jamie are going to have an alpha male-off.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 02:13 AM   #113
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
In the preview for next week's ep, it looks like Bobby Jon and Jamie are going to have an alpha male-off.
That is so no Bobby Jon. What an idiot. I cannot see him as that kinda guy. He is definitely not the guy that was an all-athlete in high school. He wasn't the guy you want on your team in terms of a leader. I can tell he got a lot of what he has by hard work as an adult. LOL @ him being all manly with Jamie.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 05:35 AM   #114
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Decent episode this week. I can't help but notice how much Probst states the obvious. "It was all your fault Jamie your tribe lost the reward challenge." No duh.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:56 AM   #115
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/foru...ad.php?t=43587
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 10:09 AM   #116
KevinNU7
College Starter

I'm wondering if the tribes get switched again next week and Boby Jon and Jaime are actually celebrating togther. I mean the way the two were chest bumping it looked like the lamest confrontation ever.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:28 AM   #117
finketr
College Prospect

Quote:
I'm wondering if the tribes get switched again next week and Boby Jon and Jaime are actually celebrating togther. I mean the way the two were chest bumping it looked like the lamest confrontation ever.

actually strike another contestant and you're tossed from the show.

see: survivor: pearl islands .. when someone voted for Rupert.
finketr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 01:07 AM   #118
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Damnnnnnnnn Judd. Just Damn.

Interesting twist to the immunity with the vote happening before they knew who had immunity. Didn't effect the outcome though.

In the preview for next week it looks like Gary has to defend his cover story again. Wonder what will cause it to happen, they bring in Peyton Manning and he says "He guys. Hey Gary Hawkins. :wink:"?

Last edited by TazFTW : 10-21-2005 at 01:07 AM.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:00 AM   #119
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Damnnnnnnnn Judd. Just Damn.

No way he lasts with his mouth. He can't keep it shut.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:48 AM   #120
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch
For all it's weaknesses, it's still got a lot of enterntainment value. It's the only show on TV that my wife, my kids, and I all sit down to watch. That in itself makes it the best show on TV in my mind.

Now, if I can get the family to watch football and shut up about it at the same time, I'd be set.

Same here, we all sit and watch it together. Good family show, as long as they keep the drunks (Judd) under control.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 05:51 AM   #121
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Very entertaining. Judd just couldn't shut up in the council. I think that Margaret tried her best, but just baiting him wasn't good enough.

Interesting that Brian was voted off. They didn't devote too much time to that. And on the immunity challenge, it was pretty obvious Judd wanted Rafe to get immunity instead of Margaret and he played it off pretty poorly: "Damn, I can't believe I told you the answer."
Old 10-21-2005, 06:40 AM   #122
wade moore
lolzcat

Let me say first off that I still love Survivor and think it provides as much entertainment overall now as it did in the first season for me..

but this is the second season where they have done this stupid "Vote Off From Both Teams" crap... I think it is ridiculous that in this game you have to vote someone off even though you don't lose... I don't think it adds something good to the game and actually harms things overall..

Just my $.02..

But, beyond that, I agree that Judd is looking for trouble... of course his saving grace is that he and jamie are the only strong ones on that team... so, he'll probably last longer than he normally would...

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 10-21-2005, 08:38 AM   #123
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore
Let me say first off that I still love Survivor and think it provides as much entertainment overall now as it did in the first season for me..

but this is the second season where they have done this stupid "Vote Off From Both Teams" crap... I think it is ridiculous that in this game you have to vote someone off even though you don't lose... I don't think it adds something good to the game and actually harms things overall..

Just my $.02..

But, beyond that, I agree that Judd is looking for trouble... of course his saving grace is that he and jamie are the only strong ones on that team... so, he'll probably last longer than he normally would...
Agree with you completely for the Vote Off two people thing.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:45 AM   #124
KevinNU7
College Starter

I think the show would rock if they had a 16 person tribe and just started right off the bat with individual immunity challenges.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:48 AM   #125
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

w00t! Gary made it to the merge.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:59 AM   #126
Raiders Army
Coordinator

They should've voted off Bobby Jon. He's obviously a physical threat and the merge was coming up so they should've voted him off.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:00 AM   #127
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
w00t! Gary made it to the merge.

Could be a fun reunion show when they all realize he really was an NFL QB...

Quote:
Old 10-29-2005, 11:35 AM   #128
Donnie Baker
n00b

I would like to see them start out as one big tribe and then randomly draw teams for each immunity challenge. That would keep them on the edge as far as making alliances because they would never know just who they need an alliance with from one immunity to the next.
Donnie Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 01:39 AM   #129
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Gary made it to the jury!

The former Yaxha tribe is doomed. I hate the editing that the producers do. It actually looked like they would have ganged up on Jamie but noooo. Oh well, if Nakum's order stays the same then Bobby Jon is going next. I'm kinda hoping that Bobby Jon would just slug Jamie, maybe right after Jeff says he's the next survivor that has been eliminated.

I wonder why Gary was last on their hitlist, is Dani a bigger threat?

The hidden immunity is interesting. I wonder if the producers will show someone finding it or keep it a secret until the person reveals it at tribal.

Looks like Bobby Jon is next, unless the '6' decide to vote out a bad apple (Jamie/Judd) because they will still have a 5 on 3 advantage.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:38 AM   #130
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Rafe was being very wishy-washy. It's a freaking game! Also, Jamie is probably the most annoying guy, but he's playing the game well. Combine being extremely annoying and telling the truth he could win it all. Being annoying could get him into the final 2. Telling the truth could win it. He's also pretty physical so he has a good shot of winning immunity every time.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:19 AM   #131
Dutch
"Dutch"

Jamie has a serious edge on the mind-fuck aspect of the game. He basically intimidates people into not voting against his tribe.

He's got them all wrapped around his sinister finger. He could go all the way, unfortunately.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:48 AM   #132
jbmagic
Pro Starter

its looks like stephanie and bobby john are in a secret alliance. they are pretending they dont like each other at all.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 10:52 AM   #133
KevinNU7
College Starter

If Jamie gets in the Final 2 he is going to be fucked.

Bobby Jon won't vote for him. If he gets to the final with Either of the Jersey people they will vote for the other jersey person. If neither of the Jersey people make it they will vote against Jamie because he must have broken his alliance at some point.

So I already see him having 2 maybe 3 votes against him
Old 11-04-2005, 11:00 AM   #134
Subby
lolzcat

Jamie has zero chance of winning the million.

If I am Steph, I am keeping Jamie and Judd close to me, because those two present the best chance for her to win the money.

If I am Rafe or Zookeeperwithfakeboobs, then I am going to seriously re-examine where I stand in the alliance of 6 and look to either flip the game next week or at the very least vote off a physical challenge threat within the alliance like Jamie or Judd or Steph.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 12:29 PM   #135
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I disagree with you guys. If Jamie makes it to the final 2, he's almost a lock to win...especially if he's with Judd, Steph, Bobby Jon, or Lydia. Why? Let's take a look at it.

1. Against Judd, he's an honest fella. He never flip flopped and while he may be a poor sport, he's always been a straight shooter about his alliance.

2. Steph and Bobby Jon. I don't think anyone would vote for them to have a second chance.

3. Lydia. There's no way she wins this. Even against Jamie.

That leaves Danni, Zookeeper, QB, and Rafe. I still think the QB will be outed.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:34 PM   #136
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
That's some in depth analysis
Old 11-04-2005, 12:35 PM   #137
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
That's some in depth analysis
Thanx man.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:44 PM   #138
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army

I have one word for you: Vecepia
Old 11-04-2005, 01:05 PM   #139
Raiders Army
Coordinator

True, but I don't see her making the final 2. She's flying low right now, but eventually she'll leave. I'm guessing she'll probably make it to final 4 but not any further.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:16 PM   #140
wishbone
High School JV

My wife started making a case for Lydia to make it to the final 3 last night and I can see a situation where she does not get voted out as a threat, gets lucky at a fish throwing challenge and gets to the final 5 with Rafe, Judd, Steph and Jamie. If Judd, Steph or Jamie swings into an alliance with Lydia and Rafe thinking that she/he can win the challenge and take his/her pick into the final 2 they still have to get votes from a person that seems to have been very nice to everyone.

What probably happens is Rafe and Lydia try to flip something and get caught, then get voted out. Or Rafe flips back and forth so much he gets whiplash and is voted out in a fit of mercy by everyone.
wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 12:16 AM   #141
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Gary is the man! Too bad he didn't butt in when Judd was talking about not lieing (about the idol being on the ground). I still think Gary and Danni are dead in the water because it doesn't look like anyone in the 6 are going to switch. I also don't think either of them will be able to go on an immunity winning streak.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:31 AM   #142
Swaggs
Coordinator

I was hoping Gary would play the liar card on Judd and save Bobby John. I'm guessing he is going to keep it quiet, but lobby to Rafe, Lydia, and Cindy that they should join up with Danny and him, so they could get rid of Judd, Jamie, and Stephenie, who are the three biggest physical threats.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 08:01 AM   #143
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

My guess is that Gary plays the liar card next episode. Judd's "I never lie" speech seemed sort of out of place at council, which usually means the producers are dropping in something that will become important in a future episode.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:13 AM   #144
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Uhhhh....why didn't anyone steal the immunity idol clue out of Judd's pocket while he was drunk?
Old 11-11-2005, 12:38 PM   #145
Kodos
Resident Alien

Uhhhh... Do you want to fish around in Judd's pocket?
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 01:18 PM   #146
Raiders Army
Coordinator

For immunity, sure.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:41 AM   #147
Raven
College Prospect

Every Survivor season, there is a group that says they are going to stick together, and at some point, that falls apart. Was it two seasons ago that the all girls alliance got cracked before the final 4?

I think Rafe is the wild-card here. I think he'll get tired of Jamie and Judd's initimidating ways and save Danni and Gary next week. If they get rid of Jamie, they'll still have the numbers over Danni and Gary.

Cindy is this seasons token coat-tails rider.

voted off next week...Jamie
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 06:24 AM   #148
Thomkal
Head Coach

Gary's reveal of the immunity idol and the look on Judd's face afterwards just might be my all-time favorite Survivor moment.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 09:07 AM   #149
Dutch
"Dutch"

The one nice thing about Survivor has always been that fool-proof alliances, once they get to disproportioned (6 vs 3 or 5 vs 2) usually result in the weaker members of the big alliance realizing that they are next once the small group is history, and we've seen enough times that the weaker members of the "A" group split and join with the weaker alliance to pull the big voting surprise at immunity.

Hopefully the weak members of this tribe will pull their heads out of their asses before it's too late. I don't mind Judd, but Jamie creeps me out. That dude's got to go.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:17 AM   #150
Easy Mac

What the hell is Surivor?
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote