Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-06-2004, 11:25 AM   #101
Radii
Head Coach

Two things, the first is a question about the 3-table posts... lately I've been attempting to post every single hand, no matter how crappy, when I fold. At first I was doing that b/c I wanted to see if a bunch of hands would jump out as hands I should have played or tried a steal or limped early, things like that. But re-reading through these, it seems it might just clutter things up too much. Any suggestions/thoughts for how I'm posting the tournament play?

2nd, I went through and tracked all my results at these 3-tables, as MJ4H suggested earlier. I don't have them in tracker so I'll just keep my results updated here.

3-table stats:

Entered: 12
Entry Fees paid: $396
1st: 1
2nd: 0
3rd: 1
4th: 1
5th: 2

ITM%: 41.6%
Money Won: $765
ROI: 93%

Sample size is clearly way too small to matter, and a 93% ROI is clearly insane. I'll keep track of this here as I play more of these, while my ring game play is being tracked religously in pokertracker. I am curious how these will compare to single tables, is a 40% ROI good? How often should a good player make the money when the finish has to be top 5 out of 30, compared to top 3 out of 10.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 12:06 PM   #102
dixieflatline
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii
Two things, the first is a question about the 3-table posts... lately I've been attempting to post every single hand, no matter how crappy, when I fold. At first I was doing that b/c I wanted to see if a bunch of hands would jump out as hands I should have played or tried a steal or limped early, things like that. But re-reading through these, it seems it might just clutter things up too much. Any suggestions/thoughts for how I'm posting the tournament play?

Just getting caught up reading this. Lots of stuff over the weekend which is good but lots to read over as well. I kind of like the idea of posting every hand and I like the comments like "KJo folded to an all-in". Stuff like "83o folded" is very quick to read over so I don't really care if you leave this in or not. I really like the key hands post inside the regular raised to steal the blinds or folded to a raise stuff.

That is a pretty crazy ROI. Even if this comes back to earth it appears like you might be making more in the long run this way than any of the limit tables you were playing. Congrats on the success and keep it up.
dixieflatline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 01:23 PM   #103
Radii
Head Coach

without having something like pokertracker to break down true hourly rates for all various games, it's hard to compare. At 3 1/2 tables I've settled down to about $11/hr, which is about what I'd expect, that's about 2 BB/table/hour. I believe that would be a sustainable win rate over time. That's not my end goal though, I've been stepping it back up in the full games, and am close to jumping up to 3 2/4 tables.

Were I to average $20/hr doing that, then it gets a little fishy as to what's better.

Here's another thought. I first posted that a 93% ROI seems quite insane. But, a 40% ROI is a solid win rate at single table Sit n' Gos. A 3-table takes about twice as long. A single table takes 40 minutes to an hour, a 3-table takes 90 minutes to two hours.

If one could sustain a 35-40% ROI at single table tourneys, wouldn't you need to have a 70-80% ROI to make 3-tables worth playing from a true win rate standpoint?

And then there's the *very* easily defined win rate from limit games that pokertracker can simply spit out for me.

Intersting stuff to think about at least.

And thanks for the comments
Old 07-06-2004, 01:55 PM   #104
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Speaking of PokerTracker, how best are you using it during "in-game" situations (for both ring games and SnGs)? I mean, I have it running and load up the few familiar faces, but I'm not sure how to interpret the numbers to live situations and make on-the-fly decisions based on those numbers...
Old 07-06-2004, 02:17 PM   #105
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover
Speaking of PokerTracker, how best are you using it during "in-game" situations (for both ring games and SnGs)? I mean, I have it running and load up the few familiar faces, but I'm not sure how to interpret the numbers to live situations and make on-the-fly decisions based on those numbers...

I'm not importing my SnG hands. the multi-table ones do not offer me the chance to get a tournament summary mailed to me that will load in the entire tourney.

For ring games, I export notes into partypoker directly. There's a feature in the more recent versions of tracker that allow you to export your pokertracker notes directly into partypoker notes. That way as soon as someone sits at the table I see that there's a note on him and I get all the info I want.

I export:

hands played, win rate, agression factors(all of them, pre/flop/turn/river/total), VP$P %(voluntarily put money into the pot), PFR %, and how often they check-raise.

This gives me a broad overview of how a player plays. Of course, if I only have 40 or 50 hands for a player I won't let it *totally* guide me, but I will take their play style into consideration.

If I sit down at a table and there are 3 players who are all very tight, I may go find another table, so it helps a little with table selection.

If I've got a rock to my left, I may raise more often in strategic positions, knowing he'll fold too many hands. If I've got a maniac nearby, I'll adjust my playstyle accordingly, raising more often along with the maniac to try to isolate him.

You see sooooo many people at partypoker that the notes I have on a player rarely change my playstyle, but it always helps having more information on them the second they sit down, and the few times I see a total maniac sit down and I can confidantly label them immediately b/c of pokertracker notes, it may win me a signifigant number of extra bets.

Last edited by Radii : 07-06-2004 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:48 PM   #106
Radii
Head Coach

With some time to kill I join another 3-table NL #30 tournament, hoping my luck+good enough play of late continues.

Level 1 - 10/15 blinds

I start in the BB, I'm on table 1, so don't expect much movement.

T6o, BB, folds to a 50 raise. - a call and a 250 reraise later and this pot is 800 chips pre-flop. bowlerz goes all in on the hand(he limp-reraised to 250). InfoWins thinks for a long time before calling. bowlerz has KK, info AJ on a jack-high flop. bowlerz has 2290 and we just started.

65s, SB. I complete, lordlucan(BB) raises to 30, and with 4 callers I call as well. I am out of the way after the flop is all high cards, none of my suit. lucan had QQ and flopped a set.

82s, button, folds
Q5s, cutoff, folds
J7o, cutoff-1, folds - lordlucan has AQ on a QQ9 flop, he slowplayed too much, bowlerz made runner-runner flush for very cheap, now lordlucan is gone. Bowlerz has 3370 chips.
KJo, cutoff-1(since lucan is gone), folds to a raise+call before me.
Q9o, UTG+2, folds
93o, UTG+1, folds
96s, UTG, folds

A7s, BB, 4 limp to me and I check. flop is awful and I fold.
K4o, SB, I complete and we have a 6-way pot. I'll play anything for 5 chips. I fold when it misses me though.

Level 2, 10/20 blinds

4 people went out in the first round. I am down to 925 in chips after the blinds come through twice in the first 10 minutes.

52o, button, folds A6540 goes out with 34o, going all in for 500 chips when he flopped middle pair on a 942 flop...
K9s, cutoff, folds to a raise up to 55 before me. Debated calling but I don't want to bleed away too much. SB re-raises to 100, 3 see the flop. SB, AstroTim wins about 500 chips with a big turn bet.
J3o, cutoff-1, folds
84s, UTG+1, folds (7-handed for now, we'll even out to 8 per table next player out I think)

AQo, UTG, I open-raise to 60, 3x the BB. Two call. I win with a flop bet of 150(pot was 200). Flop missed me totally.

T9o, BB. Free flop, I flop an inside straight with a 776 flop, its checked to the river, I never hit anything but the pot was only 60 chips, so I never considered a steal either(maybe should have thrown otu a pot-sized bet on the turn, but alas)

pastramysand joins to make it 8 at our table, now down to 24 total

K5o, SB. Folds after a pre-flop raise earlier.

52s, button, folds
54o, cutoff, folds

pastramy is gone, all in on a 2nd pair+straight draw flop(he had JT, board was 9TQ). He is called by KJ and is out 24th.

Level 3, 15/30 blinds

I have 1035 chips, 23 remain. 7 at our table, bowlerz still has 3300 to lead the tourney. Everyone else is 900-1600 at my table.

KTo, cutoff-1, folds
J3o, UTG+1, folds
KTo, UTG, folds
K9o, BB, folds to a raise to 75 chips
34o, SB, folds
Q3o, button, folds
Q5o, cutoff, folds
Q9o, cutoff-1, folds

AKo, UTG+1, I raise to 3x the BB. BB calls me. Flop comes KT6, two diamonds. My king is a diamond. checked to me, I bet the pot(195 chips), and I win it there. I remain at 1095.

Some sort of major attrition at the other tables saw us drop from 23 to 20 in a matter of 2 hands. Two tables now, I am ten handed.

Key Hand #1

UTG+1, AKo. I raise to 90. ChemE25(same guy from last AK hand) re-raises to 150. stylcatz calls. I think and I call. stylcatz bets small, just 100 chips, but leading out worries me. I fold. ChemE raises it to 500, this woulda been all in if I had wanted to play. I am down to 945 with my fold, but I have to assume I was beaten there.

Level 4 - 25/50 blinds

I have 945 chips, there are 19 remaining, so I am well under average, but still with enough to make a big move if I can catch a hand.

53o, UTG, folds
K3s, BB, folds to a raise
74o, SB, folds - QQ/TT end up all in, QQ wins, down to 18 now, and the two biggest stacks at the table are to my left.

870 chips after the blinds, my table is nearly full so I have a ways to go still. I need to make something happen though.

T9o, button, folds

Key HAnd #2
ATo, cutoff, not the greatest hand but I have position. TWo limp and I raise it up to 150. Only finglas calls me. Flop comes 332. Will he call a bet? I bet the pot, basically committing myself(and parying he folds). He does. I am up to 1145.

76s, cutoff-1. I try to limp here, which is probably a mistake really. But I get a cheap 4-handed flop, I miss, but we get a free turn and I have an inside straight draw. Can we get a free river? Nope, I fold to a pot sized bet.

96o, MP, folds

finglas gets disconnected on every street, that last hand took about 4 minutes to play, and we are moving to the next level sooner rather than later. In the end, Stylcatz went all in with pocket 7s and got called, and busted, by a king. 17 left.

I get my BB out of the way before the level increase though.

K2o, BB, fodls to a 200 raise.

Levle 5 - 50/100 blinds

I have 1045 starting this round, and start in the SB.

17 remain and I am now just over half of the average stack. But boy these cards have been ass.

J9o, SB. bowlerz raises to 250 and I fold this one. - acehole0 goes all in for his last 420. TWo big stacks both call, and they check it down(it's really a little early to be doing that isn't it??) well, neither had great hands, pocket 8s vs ace high, so tht makes some sense.

Quickly down to 15 now. 7 at my table.

J3s, button, folds.

QTo, cutoff, folded to the min raise - AK vs AK splits a 4500 pot, bowlerz lost about 1000 chips donating to the two AK's befoer getting out of the way.
74o, cutoff-1, folds
J6o, UTG+1, folds
75o, UTG, folds
an ace!! A3o, BB. Jesus. 5 limp to me. We see a flop 6-way. It comes Q73, two hearts. I have the 3 of hearts :/ I can't call a 300 bet with this though. I am not that desparate yet.
K8o, SB, folds to a raise

JJ, button, folded to me I open-raise to 300, and I steal the blinds. Back to 995.
J4s, cutoff, folds

Clarksville, to my left, has 6500 chips now, busting AstroTim, who went all in for 1800 with an ace high flush draw(+ overcards on a ten-high flop). Clarksville had QQ and won a big one.

14 left.

AKo, UTG. I raise to 300 and steal the blinds again.
K4o, BB. Free flop with the SB. Flop comes 642, checked to me, I bet 200, I win the pot.

Two small but very helpful wins there to keep me treading water.

52o, SB, folds.
32o, button, folds
Q5s, cutoff, folds
Q7o, MP, folds

Level 6 - 75/150

14 remain, I am still about 950 chips below average, with only one stack lower than me at this table.

J9o, UTG+1, folds
K7o, UTG, folds - mrjslade and finglas build a 2300 pot, finglas CALLING all the way with KK to a ten high very non-scary board... he wins big but that was weird. mrjslade bluffed with A7 the whole way and is down to 400 chips

I clearly have to steal more, a dangerous prospect with the someone who has me covered 7:1 to my left, but I will have no choice soon.

73o, BB, folded to large raise
J7o, SB,folded to large raise - mrjslade all in for 410. finglas and clarksville are still in it with him. clarksville bets big and busts out slade with 78o, bottom pair ont eh flop.

12 left.

crap, button, folded to 700 bet.
T2s, cutoff, folded to big raise
T6o, MP, folded to 600 raise
J4o, UTG, folds

I have 970 as the blinds hit, getting shaky.

Key Hand #3
A4s, BB. Clarksville raises the min to 300. He's been raising a ton. I decide I don't have enough chips to just see the flop, and 6 handed I can't fold here. I go all in. He calls with AJo. I catch a flush on the river to stay alive and double up!

Clarksville: nh
me: heh, glad to still be hre.

crap, SB, folds
KJo, button, folds to a 800 raise from ChemE
T2o, cutoff, folds
T2o(again), MP, folds
Q9s, UTG, folds sharpy all in with T9o, Clarksville K4s(only 150 more for him to call after he open-raised it) Sharpy catches two pair.

Level 7 - 100/200 blinds - hour break - FINAL TABLE

The other table lost one to drop to 10 left.

My 1940 is over 1000 short of the "average" 3000. however, with two dominant leaders, clarksville, 7000 even, and CashMeCall, 6070. Plus a solid 3rd TonyBowling with 4235, my 1940 is good for 6th place and I am still in an "anything can happen" mode.

85s, UTG+1, folds - clarks raises out of position again... dude doesn't know how to play a big stack, min raises from god knows where. one call, a 1000 raise, then cashmecall shows em how its down by going all in for 6000. His AK knocks out ChemE25 and we're down to 9.

JTo, UTG, folds
J5s, BB - folded to SB, he limps, I check. flop is 966, we check, he bets the turn and I give him the pot. Bleh.
J2o, SB, not enough to try to steal from the chipleader. I fold.

1640 left after the blinds.

A2o, folds to a big raise from cashmecall
JTo, folds to a big raise from cashmecall - cash takes two big pots off of clarksville and is up to 12,000... clarksville down to 4500.

64o, cutoff, folds clarks wins big w/ a made flush vs ace high draw, finglas(another bigger than me stack) is out, 8 left.

ATo, I fold when cashmecall bets big enough to put me all in pre-flop. he had QQ, an ace hit, but alas.

Key Hand #4
AJo, UTG+1, I open-raise to 600, cashmecall calls me. Flop comes KQx, all one suit. I fold to a large bet. I culd have made a stand with one of these but I seriously thinkg that there are some terrible players here and I have a very good shot at the money. I am playing conservative.

Key Hand #5
AQo, UTG, ok, I contradict myself. I realize I am down to 1000 and no matter how bad the others are I need more chips. I go all in, get called by the BB with KQo, and double up to 2480.

I pass through the blinds with crap and fold. Button too.

FOUR players are under 1K in chips. only 3 need to bust out for the money. I am 4th in chips but not in great shape myself, but I am content to be patient and see hat happens here(though the cards are making this easy, outside of the AJ decision perhaps, which I think was right under any circumstance anyway.

sharpy33 doubles up to 1290 with A7 vs CashMeAll's 77.
C_Kid doubles up with KK vs 88, up to 1960.

Reeden all in with AK, called by AQ. finally, a queen hits, and the suckout drops us to 7 left.

Level 8 150/300 blinds

I am raised out of T6s in the BB, and fold 82o in the small blind.

Sharpy doubles up again, this time off of clarksville, 2680.

One short stack gone, two have surpassed me in chips, and one is hanging to a thread. this sucks.

The other two stacks my size get heads up on a flop but it ends quickly.

Key Hand #6

99 in my big blind. This'll be it I bet. CashMeCall raises the min, I push all in for 1730 behind him. One limper folds. Cash thinks long, long, long and FOLDS.

I am up to 2780, that is a big steal.

QQ in my Big blind. I steal the blind frmo Clarksville.

Up to 3080.

Bowlerz is all in in his BB for 230. Sharpy bets 600, I fold my crap, and Sharpy's AJ beats bowlerz 85 and we are down to 6.

On the bubble:

cashmecall - 10500
clarksville - 5900
TONYBOWLING - 5900
ME - 3080
Sharpy - 3060
C_Kid 1510

WHOA. Tonybowling and clarksville get into a 4500 pot, tony bowling pushes all in, and covers clarksville, who thinks very hard before folding, the curse of the bubble, eh? He still has 3800 but lost a big chunk there.

C_Kid raised on his BB, he's down to 1210 if he folds. He calls, cashmecall bets, C_Kid goes all in and probably has the best hand. Only 610 more for cash but he doesn't doit. 2400 now for C_Kid.

K7s in my BB but all fold to me.
I fold right back to a raise with K2o in my SB.

74o, button, folds - 3 limp, including the two shorter-than-me stacks. Sharpy bets 1300 on the flop and is called by the big stack, tonybowling. All in on the turn. OUCH. trip 5s for sharpy33. No longer a short stack at all, 6300. Tonybowling still has 4800.

C_Kid is at 1960, me at 3080, clarksville at 3835. Blinds jumping 200/400 very soon.

C_Kid 1660 folding to a raise in his BB.

I have A5 in my BB. all fold to me again. C_Kid 1510, Me 3080 still after 34o in the SB. C_Kid all in on the button, clarksville folds.

Level 9 - 200/400 blinds

C_Kid 1960, me 3080, Clarksville8 3385.

I fold 3 hands in a row without a face card.

C_Kid in his BB, I fold 85o UTG. clarksvile raises, this is beautiful, two short stacks. But C_Kid folds. 1560 for him.

Key Hand #7
A2o in my BB. I hate this one, at least, I do if C_Kid tries to steal. He does. All in. C_Kid has folded to me the last 3 BB's in a row. I am tending to think he has a better hand than me. I don't want to risk so much on a 50/50 shot there, even if it could knock him out. Curious if others call here. I love aces but the thoght that he has folded to me 3 times in a row was the kicker for me(along with my deuce :P)

C_Kid 1960, me 2480, clarksville 3385 after the blinds pass us all - Until Clarksville steals the BB on his hand, he is 3985 actually.

C_KID IS OUT. free flop for me, with sharpy and c_kid, i have K5o. blanks all the way down until an ace on the river. c_kid bets, is pot committed, sharpy all in. Sharpy turned a set and waited it down.

In the Money

I have limped into the money, and need a lot of help to do any better than 5th.

I get KQo in my BB, this is an all-iner right here. NM. folded to me. 2080.

K7o, SB. Big raise by tonybowling and I get out of the way. clarksville and tonybowling build a 3000 pot by the turn, tony bets big, 5000 pot. tonybowling was bluffing and is down to my level at 1700.

clarksville raises next hand, with tony in BB. he's committed with 945 chips left. All in, K9 vs K3, tonybowling is OUT.

4 left.

3rd place has me outstacked by 4:1

AKo in my big blind. clarksvile raises, I'm all in. clarksville calls with 58o. 58o > AKo. 8 on the flop.

I am very unsure about some of my late play there. I cannot say whether I felt timid or if it was just my read on the table... So many times I could try to steal with K7o and the like, or, I could get out of the way and let others knock themselves out. Sometimes that will kill me, this time it won me $100. This is, for better or worse, how I typically play a short stack when there are also other short stacks. The big stacks are willing to risk 2K with any ace to try to knock out a little guy. That's what happened here, and I watched everyone else gamble their way out while I hung on. If I'm a bigger stack, I try to steal a lot more. If there are not very many small stacks, I will gamble to try to build up and survive. But when there are 9 left and 5 people have 2000 or less, I am content to be ultra-careful and let them kill each other.

It worked here, but thoughts on this strategy in general? If I get good cards, I'm taking my chance(see the 99 hand), but with hands that are steal hands but aren't likely to hold up if called, I don't risk it.

4th place: In: $33, out: $135

Updated Stats

Entered: 13
Entry Fees paid: $429
4th: 2

ITM%: 46.2%
Money Won: $900
ROI: 110%
Old 07-07-2004, 10:34 PM   #107
Radii
Head Coach

Another $30+$3 tourney

I start out at table #2, no names that I recognize here.

Level 1 - 10/15 blinds

T7o, MP, folds
Q4s, MP, folds
J4o, UTG+2, folds
T4o, UTG+1, folds
J2o, UTG, folds

Key HAnd #1
AQo, BB - I call the min raise from KevDoggy, and we are heads up on the flop. Flop comes K9x, I bluff into the pot, betting 70 chips. Kev raises me to 140 an I call. Turn helps me none and I fold. I think the flop bluff was ok but calling the raise was very dumb. I also should have thrown in a re-raise on the flop to see what he did. Who knows what he had, I just played that poorly.

J4o, SB - I complete but fold on the flop

Down to 815 as a result of that messed up hand.

J6o, button, folds
Q3o, cutoff, folds

Level 2 - 10/20 blinds

No one is out yet. I have 815 chips, annoyed at that hand but not in terrible shape or anything.

A3o, cutoff-1, folds
75s, cutoff-2, folds
T6o, MP, folds
32s, UTG+2, folds
T2s, UTG+1, folds - flush vs 2 pair all in on the turn. 2 pair fills up on the river, kuhse1970 down to under 300 chips.
J2s, UTG, folds
K4o, BB, folds to a raise - kuhse is out
95o, SB, folds
A2s, button, I fold to a large raise pre-flop
62o, cutoff, folds
J6o, cutoff-1, folds
J7s, MP, folds

Level 3 - blinds 15/30

Lots went out at the end of level 2, we're down to 25. I have 785 chips and am going nowhere so far.

T3o, UTG+1, folds
63s, UTG, folds
T2o, BB, free flop, fold when it misses
85s, SB, folds
J8o, button, folds
42o, cutoff, folds
QTs, cutoff-1, 3 others had limped already, I give it a shot too. Flop has an ace and misses me totally and I get out of there to a bet.
T3o, MP, folds

Key Hand #2
AJs, UTG+1. I raise to 80, and 2 people call. Flop comes 9TQ. I bet the pot, and tonyvas calls me. The turn is another ten. I am so pot committed right now. I am down to 300 chips and there's about 1000 in the pot and unless eh's got a full house, I have outs. I'm all in, called by KQo. I don't hit my ace or straight and I am out 23rd. My worst finish ever!

I probably played both of these hands terribly. Ick. That is most definitely all for tonight

Updated Stats

Entered: 14
Entry Fees paid: $462

ITM%: 42.8%
ROI: 94.8%
Old 07-08-2004, 04:28 PM   #108
Radii
Head Coach

Ok, time for another $30+$3 NL tournament, I am in a much, much better mindset today than I was last night, last night that tourney I played was a late night distraction after a long night, though I'm not sure I really messed up too bad anyway.

Level 1 - 10/15 blinds

I'm at table 2, starting in the SB on the first hand.

QJo, SB, I limp, miss, and fold.
A9o, button, folds to a 125 raise by rickenbacker before me.
76o, cutoff, folds
QTo, cutoff-1, folds
A7o, cutoff-2, folds

Key Hand
QQ, MP, captain9414 raises to 45 UTG. I re-raise to 100. captain9414 calls me. Flop comes QJ8, three spades. Now, how do you play here? Top set, but 3 spades? I bet the pot and get called. Pot is now about 425 or so. I have about 680 left. The turn is a total blank. Now what? Do I check top set? Does anyone think all-in is a bad play here?

I all in. I'm called by AK, one spade. Inside straight+flush draw. the ten on the turn knocks me out with my worst finish ever, 28th.

Comments? On the turn I was 3:1 to win, so I think I did the right thing.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:47 PM   #109
Radii
Head Coach

Lets try this again, that just stunk.

Level 1 - 10/15 blinds

66, MP, limp, but end up folding when overcards flop
Q5o, MP, folds
J3o, MP, folds
T9o, UTG+1, folds
84o, UTG, folds
63o, BB, folds to early raise
34o, SB, complete for 5 chips but fold to a bad flop 3 players to the river on an interesting 6678T board with 4 hearts. The ace of hearts beats the straight. No cool straight flushes or anything.
32o, button,folds

Level 2 - 10/20 blinds

Two went out in the first round, none at my table, my table is boring. LION_KING leads with 1455 chips at mine. I have 955 still.

T2o, cutoff, folds
Q4o, cutoff-1, folds
Q7o, MP, folds
KK, MP, I raise to 80 chips(4x the blind). Wow, no one calls. Tight. Damn
K9o, UTG+2, folds - AQ vs KK end up all in on a queen high flop. Ace on the turn, KK is hurt.
T5s, UTG+1, folds

down to 9 at our table as a 3rd person goes out elswere and the tables are evened out.

T2s, BB, after two limipers lion_king raises to 200... bodiepal goes all in over him for 640. lionking calls with AA. bodie had 33. bodie is very gone.
A3o, SB, limp with two others, fold to a BB raise
45o, button, folds - most raises here are the min, nto very threatening
K6o, cutoff, folds - 3 limps, a raise to 55, both blinds and two of the limpers call, then a 300 raise from the last limper, fold/fold/fold/one call/fold - 820 pot pre-flop. raiser checks even tho he has only 235 left. LION_KING puts him all in on the turn. THE_Chop(the raiser) calls and shows a nicely slowplayed AA w/ trip aces for a nice win.

Level 3 - 15/30 blinds

J9s, cutoff-1, folds

26 left(I've outlasted the last tourney!!)

Key Hand #1
KTs, MP, I raise to 85, two call. Flop comes JJ6 with two clubs. I bet out 200 chips, only petch84 calls me. Turn is the queen, making my flush. I force petch all in, he's about 400 shorter than me. He calls, he has KJ and doesn't fill up, I win to push up to 1575 chips.

couple of crap hands go by

Two Key Hands #2 and #3
T8s, BB. Free flop 4-handed. Flop comes KT6, one of my suit. There'a 30 bet, I call it. The turn is a 2nd heart. I call a 50 bet, 5:1 odds on my flush. I don't hit and a king takes down the pot.
K8s, SB. I limp, 4 handed, and flop a flush draw. Another weak 30 chip bet, I'll call. On the turn I hit an 8, and call a 100 bet. The river is a blank and I call another 100 chip bet, very weak betting that I'm allowying myself to call along on... I see 24o, two pair on the river.

crap, button, folds.

Key Hand #4
KQs, cutoff. there are 4 limps before me. I raise it up to 100. I get tons and tons of action. 6 callers. 715 in the pot. Sheesh. The flop comes JT8, two of my suit. I immediately go all in. The entire table folds to me, and I am up to 1795. Two weak draws played poorly, followed by a strong draw played well, and I am back up nicely.

Level 4 - 25/50 blinds

Right as the blinds increase we drop to 20 people, down to 2 tables. I am 2nd in chips at my table, the chipleader, JoeyEvans, is about 4 to my left with over 4K in chips. I have 1795 still.

some crap folded during the writeups.

K5o, UTG+2, folds
83o, UTG+1, folds
xx, UTG, folds
Q2o, BB, folds to a 225 raise, and an 845 all-in behind that. AKs and J9s(845 all-in for J9s??). Of course, J9s wins.
K3o, SB, folds

Down to 19 left.

Key Hand #5
JTo, button. After 4 others limp I limp as well. Great implied odds if I hit hard. Flop comes J77, I don't hit that hard. Checked around to me, I bet 250, prepared to give this one up to a lot of agression, but hoping I have the best hand. Everyone folds. I am up to 1970.

T5o, cutoff, folds

a few crap hands folded

Key Hand #6
AQo, MP, two limpers, I raise to 200. Two people call. Flop is 9-high, I bluff out 500 chips into the 700 pot. Both fold and I win the pot.

Level 5 - 50/100 blinds

I am up to 2470, still 2nd in chips at my table, but a couple others are very cose to me. I'm 4th in chips total.

19 remain still.

AKo, UTG. I raise to 300. I win the blinds.
86o, BB - I fold to an all in for 1000 by the button.
57o, SB, folds

18 remain, one is gone on the other table.

65s, button, folds
53o, cutoff, folds
63o, cutoff-1, folds

Down to 16 after we lose two quickly at my table, 50/100 blinds is great for the attrition

76o, UTG+1, folds
Q9o, UTG, folds
72o, BB, folds to a raise
AQo, SB, folded to me, I raise to 250, I steal the BB.
J9o, button, folds

Level 6 - 75/150 blinds

There are 15 left at this point, a fe went out real fast last level

K6o, cutoff, folds
A6o, cutoff-1, folds to raise before me
Q4o, UTG+1, folds
32o, UTG, folds
A8o, BB - joeyevans raises to 600, i get out of his way (He's the 3500 big stack at the table)
Q8o, SB, folds to min raise AA vs J9 all in, down to 14 now.
Q5o, button, folds
Q8s, cutoff, folds - small stack tries to steal, lion_king goes all in on the flop and scares small stack off his hand
Qxo, cutoff-1, folds
74o, UTG, folds

Level 7 - 100/200 blinds - hour break

I'm at 2245 in chips 13 remain. 2 stacks under 1K and a couple barely over 1K that will probably cause a lot of shakeups right away.

My 2245 is right about at the average. I'm 4th at my table, LION_KING has 4900 after some big gains, JoeyEvans is at 3095, poundtown has 2500, I have 2245, The_Chop has 1780, auburnstud has 640. I'd be 4th at the other table as well, putting me 7th overall at the break. Anything can happen, I'm ina good position to make a move, but not in a great one.

KTo, BB - I fold to a large raise
32o, SB, folds (sux, auburnstud down to 440 left in hsi BB there)
65o, button, folds

Key Hand #7
ATo, cutoff, open-raise to 400. auburnstud goes all in for 645, and lion_king calls. I call the extra 200. Flop has 3 hearts, my ace is a heart. Lion king and I check it down, a heart, ten, ace, never hit. Auburn has AK and wins the pot. I am getting a bit short now with 1305. Ugh.

T9o, UTG, folds
62s, BB, folds
32o(again!), SB, folds

I have 1000 chips, still 13 left, this is starting to look grim.

75o, button, folds
K8o, cutoff, folds

Key Hand #8
99, UTG+1, I raise to 600, one caller(LION_KING). I'm all in on a Q22 flop. hope he has no queen. He goes all in, I call. He shows 77, my 99 holds up and I double up to 2210 chips.

A2o, BB, folds to a large raise. That's probably a bit timid.
crap, SB, folds
Q5s, button, folds
66, cutoff, steals blinds
A5s, UTG+1, raise to 500. poundtown calls. ARGH. AQ6 flop, all clubs. I hate these suited flops. I have to bet it, short table rules now. I bet 800 and win the pot, whew.
98o, UTG, folds

Level 8 - 150/300 blinds

All 13 survived that entire level. Impressive.

92o, BB, SB raises but I can't call with this.
95s, SB, folds to a raise. - LION_KING raises *a lot*

Finally down to 12.

42o, button, folds
53o, cutoff, folds
K2o, UTG+1, folds

Key Hand #9
AQo, UTG, I raise to 800. One of the few shorter than me stacks calls, and a 970 stack goes all in. Another 170 to call, which I do. Other stack only has 300 left. He goes in on the flop, I call. I am down to 990 when my AQ and short stack's AJ don't hit and 77 triples up AuburnStud.

Q4o, BB, fold

Key Hand #10
JTo, SB - I go all in for about 400 extra here. Two are in with me. Flop is jack high, I have top pair, but JoeyEvans has KJ.

I am out 11th.

Updated Stats

Entered: 15
Entry Fees paid: $495

ITM%: 40%
ROI: 82%
Old 07-09-2004, 09:37 AM   #110
Radii
Head Coach

Oops, my stats are off in that last post, I skipped updating them one tourney:

Updated Stats

Entered: 16
Entry Fees paid: $528

ITM%: 37.5%
ROI: 70%

Also, a bankroll update since I haven't updated in a bit:

PokerStars: $168
Neteller: $1121
PartyPoker: $1350

Total: $2639

Solid total. neteller acct is down a bit. After my cashout at intercasino I deposited another $100. The blackjack didn't work out with the free $90 for July, but I don't expect that to win w/ that every month or anything, the problem though is that the poker didn't either. I played about 180 hands and lost the entire $100. Terrible streak at the 1/2 short tables, and probably some bad play as well. I'm only 120 hands or so from that $50 bonus now though, so I'll likely deposit some more into intercasino just to finish up that bonus and pull it back out, but I'm showing a net loss there this month(karma after quadrupling my money last month I suppose).

I played 3 2/4 tables for a bit last night, and i've officially jumped up to 2/4 for my ring game play. I've just made that jump though and only have about 250 hands recorded at 2/4. I won't be posting any of those hands since there's no way to record while playing 3 tables and still remain sane, but I'll post up my results every 1000 hands or so to track progress.
Old 07-10-2004, 02:59 PM   #111
Radii
Head Coach

After some 2/4 grinding it out I get the urge to play in a multi-table tourney. I join a $50+$5 pokerstars tourney, ~240 are entered(we'll see exactly how many in a minute.

For now there are 30 tables

Everyone gets 1500 chips, blinds are 10/20, and levels increase every 15 minutes.

Level 1 - 10/20

A4o, cutoff, folds - jack_dawson loses half his stack.
QJo, cutoff-1, folds - jack all in with AJ, called by 99. jack back to starting chips. EarlBry down to 750.
83o, cutoff-2, folds

Late registration closes, we have 270 entrants. 27 get paid

Q9o, MP, folds
53o, UTG+1, folds
33, UTG, folds

Jack Dawson has won 3 of the last 4 pots, he's in there mixing it up a lot.

75o, BB, free flop 3-way, folded on flop
85o, SB, folds to raise
T6s, button, folds
82o, cutoff, folds
K8o, cutoff-1, folds EarlBry/Ckrad all in preflop, A7 vs A6, they split. EARL is short stacked somewhat, ckrad doesn't have an excuse.
82o, MP, folds
K7o, MP, folds
J6o, UTG+1, folds
42o, UTG, folds
J9s, BB, folds to a raise to 60
62o, SB, folds
52o, button, folds
T9o, cutoff, folds

Level 2 - 15/30 blinds

242 out of 270 remain. 27 tables left.

I have 1440 chips. 147th out of 242.

45o, cutoff-1, folds - earlbry all in again, hcor879874 calls. AK vs A7. some very bad all in calls here. Earl back up to 1185 and still kickin

52s, MP, folds
Q9o, UTG+2, folds
A5o, UTG+1, folds
Q4s, UTG, folds

Key Hand #1

KK, BB, 3 limp and I raise to 100. Jack Dawson calls. Flop comes 842. I bet ~the pot, 270, and JackDawson folds.

84o, SB, folds

1585 chips after the SB

92o, button, folds
J2o, cutoff, folds
72s, cutoff-1, folds

Key Hand #2
KQo, MP, open-raise to 90. Button and BB call. Flop comes 3 low cards, I bet hard(200 or so into the 270) and button folds. Turn is an ace. First really hard decision of the day. Ckrad checks to me. Do I bet hard or give it up? I choose to bet here, I bet 400 chips, a pretty big underbet of the pot but ckrad is shorter stacked so I think it's enough to push him out if he doens't have the ace. He folds, and I am up to 1990 in chips.

Coupld of folds in the UTG positions.

J4o, BB, folds to a 270 raise.
KQo, SB - no shot at position here, so not sure how to play this one. ckrad all in for 505 makes it easy. fold.

Key Hand #3

AA, button - two limps, then a raise to 90 by the big stack at the table. Pot is upwards of 200. I raise to 270. Dawwg calls, he has a lot more chips than me. Flop comes Q33. he checks, I bet 500 into the 645 pot, and dawwg folds.

JTs, cutoff, folds to another ckrad all in.
xx, cutoff-1, folds
A4o, cutoff-2, folds

Level 3 - 25/50 blinds

Level 2 was very good to me. I pushed up to 2320 in chips.

203 out of the original 270 remain. 23 tables left. I am 59th out of the 203 left.

crap, MP, folds
KJs, UTG+1, I raise to 3x the blind, and I steal the blinds.
T2o, UTG, folds

Under 200 remain.

J3o, BB, folded to a raise
J2o, SB, folds

No flop in the last 4 hands.

J6, button, folds - big hand, dontbeafraid flops top two pair and backdoor flush draw. The_Lyl flops a set. On the turn dontbeafraid has 4-flush + the two pair. All in, the flush hits the river adn doesn't pair the board, The_Lyl knocked out in a rough way there.

xx,cutoff, folds

Key Hand #4

A8o, cutoff-1, I open-raise to 150 and ckrad calls from the big blind. KJx on the flop. He checks, and I bet 400 to put him all in, he's been making a lot of calls and then folds ont eh flop, and really just staying alive stealing w/ pre-flop all ins. He got me good though, He has AA. I am down to 1760.

crap, folded a couple of times.
AJs, UTG, I raise to 150, and ckrad goes allin for 900. Can I call that? I don't think so. I fold it.

crap, BB, folded to raise.
63o, SB, folds

I am back to the starting chip level, 1535 after those two hits.

xx, button, folds
J8o, cutoff, folds
K4s, cutoff-1, folds
87o, MP, folds
Q4o, UTG+2, folds
A4o, UTG+1, folds

Key Hand #5
AKo, UTG, I raise to 150 - 4 people call. The board comes with a straight draw and a flush draw, I don't see any advantage to betting into this one... I get out of the way.

J2o, BB, folds to pre-flop raise

Level 4 - 50/100 blinds

62o, SB, folds

166 of the original 270 remain. 19 tables left.

After the SB I am down to 1285 and going in the wrong direction. I am now 125th out of 166.

73o, button, folds
85o, cutoff, folds
73o, cutoff-1, folds
J6o, MP, folds
QTo, UTG+2, folds

JTs, UTG+1, I try to limp(dumb w/ 1285 left huh?) - I fold to a 1200 all-in. ckrad calls it, QQ vs 88. 8 on the turn. ckrad is way up now.

72o, UTG, folds

Key Hand #6
T9o, BB, folds - 9-high flop, 986. dawwg bets 300, and I go all in. Top pair+inside straight draw. dawwwg things awhile, and folds. That pot takes me back up to 1685, 1635 after my SB.

crap, SB, folds
85s, button, folds - boink all in for 750ish, honkmyhorn big raise over him. AQo vs AJs. AQ holds up. Everyone around 1000 is starting to try to make moves w/ any decent hand here.
xx, cutoff, folds
Q7o, cutoff-1, folds

4 all-ins in the last 5 hands, all of them called pre-flop. 2 ppl busted out.

K7o, UTG+1, folds

QJs, UTG, I raise to 300. Very happy to win the blinds there.
82o, BB, free flop 4 way, folds on the flop.
65o, SB, folds to a raise
82o, again, button, folds

5 of the 9 guys at the table have 3000+ chips.

Key Hand #7
AKo, cutoff - a raise to 300 and a call before me. 750 pot. I go all in for 1635. Dawwg calls me with AQ. 89T flop, ugh. 789T after turn. Guess what hits the river? Yup, a jack. straight on the board, but Dawwg has the top end of it. Dominated hands no good!

I am out 123rd out of 270. Had that held up I would have had nearly 4000 chips and been in a solid position.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:01 PM   #112
Radii
Head Coach

2/4 1000 hand update

Playing 3 tables the hands rack up pretty fast... that's the whole idea, lower limit multiple tables hoping to even out to a win rate of 6/12 or 7.5/15 standards.

For my last session I played 4 tables and had similar results as with 3, I think if I want to sit down for a solid hour or two of poker if my head is clear I'll try 4 on occasion.

HANDS: 1038
WON: $234.50
per table BB/hr - 3.56
True Win Rate (this is 'real time' not per table): $38.65/hr, or 9.66 BB.

Sample size is terribly small so it doesn't mean much except that I'm winning right now and happy

9 BB/hr is a bit high but I think a long term expectation of 1.5-2BB per table per hour is very reasonable, so depending on whether I do 3 or 4 tables most of the time I think a win rate of $18-$25/hr is where I will end up settling in.

I plan on sticking it out here for 5000 hands or so, and if I'm happy with my play, I'll give 3/6 a try, but am a little wary of playing 3 3/6 tables with a "bankroll" that gets reset to $2500 every month. I may well start most months at 2/4 and then only move up to 3/6 once I get ahead.
Old 07-12-2004, 12:00 PM   #113
Radii
Head Coach

Quick weekend update:

PokerStars: $113
Neteller: $1221
PartyPoker: $1301 (cashed out $200, so neteller is higher/partypoker is lower)
InterCasinoPoker: $101 (A cleaning frenzy last week either resulted in the mail with my PIN beign thrown away, or hidden under a stack of scrapbook supplies that is about 45 feet high, so I am going to re-request it, so this money is stuck for a week probably).

Total: $2736

I'd love to get that up over $3000 before the profit cashout at the end of the month. but I'm afraid that talking about things like that will cause a losing streak so pretend I didn't say that
Old 07-13-2004, 11:04 PM   #114
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Quick weekend update:
I'd love to get that up over $3000 before the profit cashout at the end of the month. but I'm afraid that talking about things like that will cause a losing streak so pretend I didn't say that

Yup, that losing streak started immediately. AFter I posted my first 1000 hand update at 2/4, I've lost the last 3 times I've sat down, down about $150, so just a small little swing over about 750 hands, I'll post details when I hit 2000 hands, hoping for a win next time.

My final session tonight I was down about $45, and got heads up with a guy with $100... he was calling with anything and I was catching good cards, he'd be raising into my 2-pair with 9-high, etc. I took about $50 off him and finished about even for the hour I got to play tonight, maybe that'll signal that this is just a small(only 40 BB) downswing.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:12 AM   #115
MrIllini
High School Varsity

I've had a lot of success lately at the 30/3 multis radii

won one last night after coming back from down ~24K to ~6K in chips once we got heads up at the end

took 5th in a tourney right after that

and 12th on a bad beat after that before heading to bed.

really enjoying this read and relating to my own play...keep up the good work!
Old 07-14-2004, 10:39 AM   #116
Radii
Head Coach

congrats MrIllini First place in one of those is a great feeling.

I'm back in grind it out multi-tabling 2/4 mode for now, but I'm sure a break for a tournament or two will come along soon enough and I'll write up a few more of them.

Thanks for reading!
Old 07-14-2004, 05:05 PM   #117
Chappy
Mascot

Any good deposit bonuses going on right now? Came into a bit o' cash and after a short break, I'm gonna throw my cards back into the ring.......
Chappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 05:39 PM   #118
Radii
Head Coach

A big downturn in the 2nd thousand hands, AA/KK

After 1000 hands:

WON: $234.50
per table BB/hr - 3.56

2/4 2000 hand update

Hands: 2010
Won: $99.50
per table BB/hr: 0.81
True Win Rate: $9.24/hr

So the last 1000 hands have been pretty rough. I have broken even in my last 2 sessions though, after having two terrible sessions in a row, hopefully things will turn up.

AKo, 20 times, lost $34.50
AKs, 9 times, lost $29.50
AA is winning big but I've only gotten it 6 times in over 2000 hands
QQ is my best hand, I've gotten it 13 times(that's quite a lot) and has won $123.

53s and PRESTO are my biggest losers.

None of that means anything at all after just 2000 hands, and I'm not worried at all it's a pretty small downturn, $135 is only 30 BB, no sweat.
Old 07-14-2004, 06:52 PM   #119
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy
Any good deposit bonuses going on right now? Came into a bit o' cash and after a short break, I'm gonna throw my cards back into the ring.......

I like the bonus that InterCasinoPoker offers. $50 free every month after playing 300 hands, and a free $80 or $90 to use in their casino as well(that's freeroll money, if you play a ton with it and don't lose it you can keep it, if you lose it and don't dip into the money you deposited it's no loss).

The only caveat is that they snail-mail you a PIN when you open the account so you have to wait for it to cash out, but it only took about a week to get it for me.

cthomer pointed that one out, thanks to him for that

AFAIK, no other great bonuses goijng on now or anything.

I played for another hour and won $90 in about an hour, so it's nice to be on the winning end again
Old 07-15-2004, 01:37 PM   #120
MrIllini
High School Varsity

won another $135 playing 3/6 at Party this afternoon on my lunch hour

i'm really enjoying being a profitable poker player

radii, we should both play a 30/3 multi soon!
Old 07-15-2004, 05:00 PM   #121
petrochile
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIllini
won another $135 playing 3/6 at Party this afternoon on my lunch hour

i'm really enjoying being a profitable poker player

radii, we should both play a 30/3 multi soon!

Damn, I wish I could play on my lunch hour, but congrats on the winnings.

BTW great dynasty Radii, reading you poker dynasty is the closest thing I get to playing while at work!
Old 07-15-2004, 05:46 PM   #122
Chappy
Mascot

Quote:
I like the bonus that InterCasinoPoker offers. $50 free every month after playing 300 hands, and a free $80 or $90 to use in their casino as well

I don't see anything in the promo about the casino money. Maybe that part is over?
Chappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 06:02 PM   #123
Radii
Head Coach

2/4 3000 hand update

BLECH. 8 of my last 9 tables are small-moderate losers. I don't think I'm playing bad, just need to play through the bad streak.

Cards are probably running a little poor as well. At least I've gotten AA and KK about 7 times total less than I should have, and JJ isn't coming that often either. Someone on 2+2 said in a post I read today that they set up filters for the Sklansky level 1 and 2 hands and look to see how much they're getting those cards over a short run to see if they're running bad or not int erms of simply cold starting cards.

Anyway, enough whining.

2937 hands
up $51.07
up 0.28 BB/hr/table, Making $3.53/hr overall.
Old 07-16-2004, 06:03 PM   #124
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy
I don't see anything in the promo about the casino money. Maybe that part is over?

It's always running, they do it every month. You don't have a bonus code to enter to get it or anything. Just deposit, play 300 hands and $50 will magically show up in your acct.
Old 07-16-2004, 11:08 PM   #125
Radii
Head Coach

I enter a multi-table tourney on partypoker, a $50 tourney with over 700 entrants. Why? I'm an idiot, that's why! I've been playing the ring games hard in the past few days, it's time for a tourney.

720 entrants, top 80 pay.

Level 1 - 10/15 blinds

15 minute levels, everyone starts with 1000 chips.

I start at table 7.

maimai goes out before we even get to the flop at my table. looks like 2 went out on the first hand

Hand #1: Siviter and placidgolf fight it out in the first hand, a flush hits on the flop, then running 5s put 3 5s on the board, thsi looks dangerous for someone. K7555 board, 3 hearts... Siviter goes all in and gets called. KQ vs J7. Siviter has 2050 chips and is the early leader at the table. That was the first hand, and placidgolf went out 705th (15 out already)

that hand also took about 5 minutes

Hand #3: TT, UTG. I just limp, I'm not making a big move early out of position. Siviter raises to 45 and 3 of us call. The flop comes 3 undercards and I bet out 150(I guess I am making a reasonably big move w/ TT out of psoition...) all fold to me and I take the pot. 1135 chips.

K3o, BB, flop misses, checked around. Turn gives me an open ended straight(245) but puts the flush on the board. checked around... river is an ace. I bet 50 chips, two call. One other has the 3 and we split the pot. I have 1195 chips after SB

JTo, SB, folds
65o, button, folds
QTo, cutoff, folds
45s, cutoff-1, folds to a raise to 50 preflop, 662 flop, siviter/davieter build the pot up to 715 with a big flop bet. Jack on the turn is checked. 3 on the river(no flush), davitater is all in, siviter is the chipleader, but he folds. daviater up to 1265, siviter down to 1660.
Kjo, cutoff-2, folds
T5o, MP, folds - daviater losts most of his chips on a busted straight, while kaos_theory calls a big bet w/ J8, top pair.
ATs, MP, limp/fold to a 150 bet by Sir_Ott Ott busts out with AK, all in vs AJ on a jack high flop. tcb624 now has 1975 chips to my right.
QTo, UTG+1, folds - eagle_i/Siviter/tcb624 enter the pot for a raise, 125 flop bet/250 turn/450 river... eagle_i makes quads on the river with JJ to outdraw siviter's straight that he made on the turn.
crap, UTG, folded - siviter and STEELFISHING go at it, a 750 pot won by pocket 7s, siviter bluffing hard on a flush draw

Level 2 - 10/20 blinds

I have 1180 in chips. 597 remain out of the original 720 (holy crap!) - almost 130 gone in 15 minutes

44, BB, folded to 90 raise
J8o, SB, folds
Q6o, button, folds
T3s, cutoff, folds
K5o, cutoff-1, folds - siviter raises to 60, davieter all in for 430, siviter calls. AQ vs A9. A9 is suited and hits a flush, siviter is gone, daviater has 890. Oh, no, siviter has 15 chips left!
J4o, MP, folds - one limp, daviater all in for 890... he ready to go home? he has TT, knocks out siviter for good.
T6s, MP, folds - yup, daviater all in for 935. tcb624 calls him this time. wow, JJ for daivater. AKo for tcb. tcb flops a straight and turns a flush, daviater hit a set but never fills up. he's gone.
crap, UTG, folds
36s, BB, folds to raise pre-flop
82s, SB, folds
K2o, button, folds
Q8o, cutoff, folds

200 are now gone, 520 left.

K8o, cutoff-1, folds
93o, MP, folds

I have 1120 chips after folding the level away.

AJs, UTG+1, I raise to 50 chips, and only STEELFISHING calls me. The flop comes ten high with two hearts. steel leads out for 20 chips, I raise him to 125, and he folds.

Level 3 - 15/30 blinds

Blinds are still minimal so I can still afford to be patient, but with so many out I would like to be able to build up my stack some in this level before 25/50 where things hurt a little more.

I have 1200 chips, 5 at the table have 1800+ and 4 over 2000.

495 remain in the tourney, about 225 out.

crap, UTG, folds
J8s, BB, button limps, SB completes, I check. Flop comes J43, I bet the pot(90) and win it right there.
J3o, SB, folds

I am now up to 1245, slowly slowly climbing, and yet to meet any resistance, I have only played 1 hand past the flop so far.

J7o, button, folds
KTs, cutoff, the table gets very limpy all of a sudden and I'm in a 6 way pot for the min bet. It misses me totally and I'm not bluffing off any chips yet, I get out of the way.
2 hands folded while I'm in a minor daze looknig at something else(pay attention, moron!)

A big pot builds between eagle_i, kaos_theory and parisbimbo. eaglei takes 2000+ and knocks paris out, flush over set.

94s, MP, folds

eagle_i has 3640 chips, easily leading the table. he's across from me. tcb624 to my right has 2540, dizzeee two to my right has 2330, kaos_theory 2 to my left has 2310, dekan across the way has 2055... I'm a shortish stack at this table, with 1215. Tourney average is 1596 right now.

JJ, UTG+1. I open-raise to 90. Table folds... sheesh.
A4o, UTG, folds
99, BB, MP limper(dekan17978), tcb limps, and I check. Flop comes AKQ, about the worst I can see wit this hand... it's checked all the way to the river though, and I make a small (50 chip) bet, thinking I have the best hand. dekan calls, he has TT. Oops. Probably a dumb play there.
84o, SB, folds

1165 chips after the blinds and that bet.

66, button, folds to a 90 raise pre-flop w/ 1 caller.
A8o, cutoff, folds to raise
A4o, cutoff-1, folds

Level 4 - 25/50 blinds

And this is the level I absolutely must make a move or likely go into the 2nd hour with all in/fold options.

I have 1165 chips, 417 remain, 303 people gone in 45 minutes. Any hand I make a play at hurts my stack bad, and failing to build up in this level will leave me very small and crippled at the 50/100 level.

T3o, MP, folds
A2o, MP, folds
93o, UTG+2, folds
K6o, UTG+1, folds
Q5o, UTG, folds - 3 in for a raise to 325 by eagle_i, procappers all in on the flop for 820, eagle_i calls, AK beats AJ, eagle_i up over 5000 now!
Q3o, BB, folds(to an 800 raise....) eagle raises to 275, dizzeee re-raises to 800, eagle thinks for a long time and calls. 667 flop, two diamonds. dizzee all in for 1120. eagle_i folds, leaving him with 4260, dizzeee up to 2850.
86o, SB, folds

Where are these great raising hands for me?

74o, button, folds
AJo, cutoff-1, raise to 150, eagle_i (big stack) calls. Flop coems king high, eagle_i bets out prety hard and I give him the pot.
62o, MP, folds

I am down to 940 after that loss.

52o, MP, folds
crap, MP, folds

under 360 to go, half of the field is gone. I'm still around, but I need to increase my stack pretty desparately.

K8o, UTG, folds

If I don't get anything through the blinds, I'll be at 865 when the blinds hit 50/100.

44, BB, tough hand here... if there's a raise do I make a stand with it? There's a raise to 200 and two callers before me... I'm not committing myself on this. Flop comes 356 and I curse a bit, but we do get to see eagle_i bullying a bit, and having to show down J9o. Good info.

65s, SB. Another raise to 200... dammit. Lots of raises and multi-way pots here for 200+ pre-flop. I am just going to have to pick a hand and go at this rate.

JTs, button. I call a raise to 150 pre-flop here and we are 4-way on the flop. Flop comes AK2, two of my suit (ace and king). I get to draw cheap, a bet for 100. I just call. The turn is a jack, but I can't imagine that's good for anything now. I need to hit my straight or flush. I call another bet on the turn, thinking I should have gone all-in on the flop, I am playing this the pussy way, and I'm going to totally pay for it. The river is a blank and I know for sure I am dead, and I get out of the hand with what few chips I have left (just 165, I cannot believe how amazingly poorly I played that hand). I think the pre-flop call was ok but when I hit that draw I had to push all in and try to win the pot there, if not pick up my draw and double up + some. Terrible, terrible, terrible play on my part. the cheap flop threw me off and I thought I could try to catch my flush on the cheap. And if you can't tell by how much I'm writing, I've got 5 minutes to dwell on that poor hand.

And that is the very last hand before the break, so I have to wait 5 more minutes until I can give away the rest of my chips(or double up 4 times to get back in this thing!)

Level 5 - 50/100 blinds

No more tough decisions... all in or fold, hope I get AA, 9 callers, and AA holds up

Anyway, 335 remain at the break.

34o, cutoff, folds
Q4s, cutoff-1, folds
A5o, MP, that's good enough for me. I'm all in. The BB calls, and he has Q2. He catches a queen and I'm out 327th.

Barring that one mistake I think I have a chance to make a run and with 320 left anythign can happen. I cannot believe how terribly I played that JTs.
Old 07-17-2004, 02:12 AM   #126
Radii
Head Coach

up for a late night tonight, I give this one more try, I enter a $30 multi-table on party. 910 others enter, and the top 100 will pay.

ERGH... a crash kills the first 40 minutes of tournament writeup...

I'm playing well, I've made a couple of loose pre-flop calls and hit pretty good, I've doubled up to 2155 chips.

Level 3 - 15/30 blinds

This level is almost over. I have 2155 chips, avg is 1558. 584 remain of the original 910.

I'm on table 55, with only 59 tables left I'll be moving very soon.

T4o, UTG
QTo, BB, folds to 90 raise.
86o, SB, folds

Level 4 - 25/50 blinds

559 remain at the start of the level. I have 2110 in chips and start the round on the button. I wonder if we'll fall to the 455 required to hit the halfway mark before the hr break.

J4o, button, folds
K7s, cutoff, folds to 150 raise
83o, cutoff - 1, folds
A2o, MP, folds

I am moved to table 52, I won't last long before another move from here...

Rob_Paulsen has 3890 chips to my right. I have 2110. No one else at the table has over 1600.

AQo, UTG+1, raise to 150, I steal the blinds
J2o, UTG, folds
84o, BB, free flop with 2 others, flop misses big time and I fold to a 125 bet.

Moved again! To the cutoff, on table 26. Now here I will last for a good 30 minutes at least. 502 left.

3 very big stacks here, two and three to my left are ohhsht with 5215, wookie32 with 5100, and across the table is gold_tribble with 4790. 2 others are in the 2000 range with me. As the very short stacks disappear off the table, expect this to become a powerful table with a large number of chips.

A2o, MP, folds
72o, MP, folds
KTo, UTG+2, folds
72o, UTG+1, folds

We have our first guy with 10,000 chips. gilley1979 on table 39. Lets see how he ends up.

83s, UTG, folds
K5s, BB, 3 limp, then baldcatfish goes all in for 2000... 225 in the pot, I guess it's nto a bad pickup.
J8s, SB, I limp to see a 4-way flop, but fold when it sucks.

455 remain, half of the original 910, gone by the break.

Q2s, button, folds

Level 5 - 50/100 blinds - 1 hr break

I have 2035 chips at the break, the average is 2091. 435 of the original 910 remain.

At my table, to my left in order:

xXxDragonxXx - 700
ohhsht - 5640
wookie32 - 6136
HJR192 - 505
pokersmylife - 2220
gold_tribble - 4240
esjaykay - 1000
baldcatfish - 2126
empty seat
me - 2035

So I'm right around the mean at the table, with the three large stacks still lingering.

JTo, cutoff, folds
Q6o, cutoff-1, folds
J5s, MP, folds

rdicecco with 1190 chips is to my right now

83o, MP, folds
94o, UTG+2, folds
74o, UTG, folds

We're now under 400 remaining.

K9o, BB, free flop with only the SB limping. I flop a king, he checks, I bet 200, and I win the pot. net up 50 after I fold my crappy SB.
95o, SB, folds

I have 2085 chips, slowly sinking below average(2390 now)

92o, button, folds
73o, cutoff, folds
22, cutoff-1, folds
55, cutoff-2, I open-raise to 300 chips, praying to just take this one b/c I hate this hand. Hooray! I win the blinds.
97o, MP, folds
KTo, UTG+2, folds ohhhsht is a terrible, terrible player, calling bet after bet with jack high. Never making a move on the pot, just calling to see if he's best. No idea how he got 6000 chips at one point, he's down to 3300 now.

QQ, UTG+1, I raise to 300. I again win the blinds.

Level 6 - blinds 75/150

342 remain, almost 100 went out in that level.

I start out in the BB, before I posted, I had 2385 chips, still lingering just below the average in chips.

86o, BB, one limper, I check. I give up the pot on an AJJ flop.
K8s, SB. A large bet by the chpleader at the table pushes me off this one
K5o, Button, folds - a 350 bet/550 raise build a nice pot pre-flop. pokersmylife is all in on the flop, and his A6s loses to ESJAYKAY's KK when KK hits a straight. (AQT flop, jack on the river).

I have 2160 chips now. Stealing pots starts to become very important now.

crap, cutoff, folds - baldcatfish all in pre-flop again... called by a very short 200 stack, bald wins w/ JJ.
A2o, cutoff, folds
73o, cutoff-1, folds

jsewruk joins to my left with 1934 in chips.

J2o, MP, folds
52o, UTG+2, folds
52o, UTG+1, folds

we have less than 300 players remaining. 1/3 of us left will make the money.

K5o, UTG, folds
Q2s, BB, 3 limp to me and we have a free flop, 357 suited, not my suit. I fold.
T4o, SB, folds

I am down to 1935 after that pass through the blinds. The blinds will be 100/200 when they pass me again and I need to look for hands to steal with(like all those great hands I got last orbit)

ohhsht loses a bundle with KJs vs AA, he's under 1500 now.

J9o, button, folds

Here's a hand.

AJo, cutoff, folded to me, I raise it to 400. I'm called by jsewruk. The flop comes AQ8, two diamonds. I bet the pot (1000) leaving me w/ 500 and clearly pot commiting me. Turn is another ace, I go all in for my last 500. I'm called by ATo, no ten and my kicker is in play after a blank on the river!!! I have doubled up!!!

I now have 4095 in chips, good for 3rd at the table. This table is breaking soon though.

Q8o, cutoff-1, folds
69o, MP, folds
66, UTG+2, folds to a raise by baldcatfish

Level 7 - 100/200 blinds

with 4000 chips I am in much, much better shape to handle 100/200 blinds, but I have to build my stack up some more

261 remain out of the original 910.

This table breaks after 5 more people go out.

J2o, UTG. I take my time folding, hoping to get moved before my BB hits. It doesn't work.

A8s, BB. all fold to me, wow.
J4s, SB. fold to a 1200 raise from baldcatfish

I am moved to table #7, on the button. I'll be here for awhile again.

there are lots of big stacks here. flopmasterJ has 11,241 and is probably top 10 in chips out of all left. esjaykay also got moved here, he has 7200. wackyjaxon has 8300, sharpturn has 6485, and luckybadplyr has 4600. I'm next with 4100...

Q9o, cutoff, folds

Key Hand
66, cutoff-1, open raise to 400. two callers. A34 flop. I bet 1000 into the pot of 1200, and I take it down, a very nice pickup that moves me up to 4895 in chips.

Key Hand
AQs, MP. jhburton raises to 400. I just call. danenania goes all in for 1230 behind us, and sharpturn calls it. jhburton then goes allin for 4200.... I think I can safely fold. sharpturn folds as well, jhburton's AK losees to dane's JJ.. with all the extra money in that pot dane is up to 4090, quadrupling up basically.

xx, MP, folds

Key Hand
KK, UTG+1 - I raise to 600, flopmaster calls. luckybadplyr goes all in for 3740. I go all in for 4495. flopmasterJ folds. LuckyBadPlyr turns over QQ. The queen never comes and I nearly double up again!

J6o, UTG, folds
a stroke of luck(a bad player to my left going out) lets me avoid my BB.

A4o, SB. folds to a 425 raise.

Now, I have 9035 in chips. I am 2nd in chips at the table and a very large stack. I have little experience playing with a large stack and am entering a new territory. I have made the money in these kinds of tourneys before but usually fighting the entire way. And with still such a long way to go I know I have to stay agressive and pick up a lot more chips.

I fold a few worthless hands.

97o, MP, folds - two limps, a raise to 600, then flopmasterj raises all in for 12,000... short stack that had raised calls, and flopmaster's KK catches trips on the flop to beat AQ.

88, UTG+2, I raise to 500 and steal the blinds
84o, UTG+1, folds

There are now 198 players remaining out of the original 910. Half of us that are left will make the money.

Level 8 - 150/300 blinds

196 left.

65o, UTG, folds - danenania doulbes up to 7880 off of wackyjaxon, KK vs JJ, both hit sets.
75o, BB. 5 limpers... insane. I check, and hit bottom pair ont he flop, Q85, two diamonds. 6 handed I don't want a piece of this(is this where I should play the big stack and bet?) - well, wackyjaxon bets 650 and gets two callers, glad I didn't throw out a bluff.

AA, SB - damn. Folded to me, i make the min raise and win the blinds. I'm not limping and letting the BB catch something and knock me down. Oh well.

crap, button, folds.
Q7o, button again(guy to my left just went out), folds
QTo, cutoff, folds to 750 raise

We're starting to see an awful lot of all-ins here.

53o, cutoff-1, folds
62o, MP, folds

180 remain

86o, UTG+2, folds
K3o, UTG+1, folds
64o, UTG, folds
53o, BB, folds
83o, SB, folds

I have 8885, and there are 169 left now.

Key Hand
KQo, button, I call a raise to 600 by jhburton. Flop comes AQx. jhburton bets the min, 300, I raise to 1500, and he goes all in for most of the rest of my stack. No way I can call that, and I take a hit there.

crap, cutoff, folds
85o, cutoff-1, folds
T3o, MP, folds

I am down to 6785. Avg stack is 5617. 5 ppl have more than me at the table.

A3o, MP, folds
K6o, UTG+2, folds
J2o, UTG, folds
J7o, BB, folds
A3o, SB, folds to big stack raise to 1100. BB all in's, AK vs QQ, QQ holds up.
J3o, button.
73o, cutoff, folds

Key Hand
QTs, cutoff-1, I open-raise to 600. flopmasterJ calls me. Flop comes J95, two hearts. flop bets out 1200, and I raise him to 3000. He goes all in and I think for awhile and call. He shows J8 for the top pair. I don't make my flush or my straight and I am the very last person out before the break, 151st.

That flop is just too good to pass up. In fact, I'm a 60% favorite on it. I'm not sure about putting all my money in on a draw, but, there you go.

151st out of 910. I am much happier with my play in this one than the last, that's for sure, though, having to make a decision for all my chips on a draw against the big stack at the table in that last hand really sucked.
Old 07-17-2004, 02:16 AM   #127
Radii
Head Coach

I went from 9000 to OUT way too quickly there. I really don't like that last hand. I was still in a very good position and had time to wait for a great hand instead of a draw, no matter how good.

I think, as I learn a little more about multi-table tournament strategy, I find myself improving slightly every tournament, but I still appear to be very prone to that one stupid decision that costs me the tournament. That should cure my tournament fix for awhile though and I need to build myself back up via the ring games. Those two losses + the bad run at the ring game over the last 2000 hands have me down under $2500.

A good run at the 3 2/4 tables would cure all that though
Old 07-17-2004, 02:23 PM   #128
Radii
Head Coach

God bless party poker weekend games. And a 38 BB win in 1 hour of ring game play.
Old 07-17-2004, 02:52 PM   #129
Radii
Head Coach

uh, yeah, scratch that 38 BB in 1 hour. Make it 74 BB in 1 1/2 hours. What a rush!

I won about 10 BB earlier in the morning before I had to go out as well, so I've played about 2 hours total today(3 tables simultaneously in the morning, 4 tables simultaneously this afternoon), and am up about $330.

And to show just how meaningless stats after 3,000 hands can be, my win rate over my now 3400 2/4 hands just jumped from about $3.50/hr to $22/hr. More detail at 4000 hands of course. That might be all the paly for today, we have a busy evening.
Old 07-18-2004, 01:02 AM   #130
Radii
Head Coach

after the learning experiences yesterday and the massive victory today, I get myself entered into antoher NL multi-table tourney. I really think I can place in these if I play well and don't chase at the wrong times, like I did when I busted out of both tourneys I tried yesterday.

After the early rounds, DONT DUMP OFF YOUR STACK CHASING DRAWS

I'm on table #68, out of 70 tables, so I'll be moving in a matter of minutes.

700 enter, the top 80 pay, and 1st will take $7700.

Level 1 - 10/15 blinds

J3o, BB, folds to 45 chip raise
72s, SB, folds to 85 chip raise
42o, button, folds
34o, cutoff, folds
95o, cutoff-1, folds
64o, cutoff-2, folds
Q4o, MP, folds

I'm moved to table #47, and open up in teh big blind.

AQs, BB, first hand at the new table. a raise to 250 and a call,and I decide to fold. ATo vs 99.
95o, SB, folds
Q5o, button, folds - lots of limips, a raise to 60, and there's 7-way action... AJ9 flop, a 200 bet into a 420 pot by the PF raiser(jackshigh), called by two. checked turn, checked river, and jackshigh raised 9Ts, mamu35 also had 9Ts, oraciv had Q9... all had middle pair, but mamu rivered his flush.
J3o, cutoff, folds

99, cutoff-1, raise to 30 from EP, called by 2 already, I just call, I think I'm looking for a set here. yeah we are 7 handed again... KJ on the flop and I'm not messing with this. Qjo and J5o get shown down at the end...

T3s, MP, folds - raise to 30, ajckshigh all in for 370, call, another all in for 800ish, another call. AA vs QQ vs QJo. AA hold up and jackshigh triples up.
xx, MP, folds - 4 people in for a raise pre-flop, THREE go all in on the flop of 853. AQ vs 78 vs 8T. T8 holds up. This is INSANE

Level 2 - 10/20 blinds

I have 920 in chips after a very dull first 15 minutes. 613 people remain, 87 got knocked out in the first level.

First 100 gone, 18 minutes in.

Q6o, UTG+1, folds - 4 hands to the showdown, 92s, J9o, K5s, and K8o, after a raise to 80.

I'm not sure how to play this table exactly, I have never seen anything quite like it, but I'm going to be here another 15-20 minutes.

76o, UTG, folds
A8o, BB - placidgolf can't deal with the table either it seems. all in for 1055 pre-flop. Maybe he just knew he'd get called. He does, by tigerz. placid has 44, tigerz AKs. 422 flop and placidgolf has lots of chips now.
64o, SB - folds - tigerz all in for 130, placidgolf calls him, oraciv also calls(220 left after the call). T76 suited flop. They end up all in. K2s(different suit), Q8o... tigerz had AQ and wins the pot to stay alive.

T9s, button - a rare set of fold... I limp and we see a flop 4-handed. Flop misses me totally and I fold. If I've leraned anything its that you're going to have to show down the best hand.

I have 870 left now.
82o, cutoff, folds - placidgolf/jackshigh/tigerz again, tigerz all in for about 350. placidgolf all in on the turn for 2000 with 2nd pair/2 kicker. This is just crazy.

65o, MP, folds - a 620 pot on the flop, placidgolf again all in on the flop w/ two opponents left. board Q66. He takes it down.
K6o, MP, folds

Level 3 - 15/30 blinds

I have 870 in chips still. 510 remain in the tourney.

42o, UTG+2, folds
Q3o, UTG+1, folds - 5 people in for 150 pre-flop. Three see the turn for 300 more (1850 pot now) - all in on the turn for 855 from jackshigh, mamu has been bleeding away and then folding to the all-in for awhile now. He calls this time, and his AJ is crushed by J9, A9 on the flop, 9 ont he turn

My table will break up during this level. I would love to hit a big hand b/c of the action here, but I'm not going to start mixing it up with junk.

Q5o, UTG, folds
43o, BB, fold to a raise to 125 pre-flop
Q4s, SB, I limp into a huge field of 7. placidgolf raises to 60, and I call 30 more hoping for my big score here. It's not to be, as I fold on the flop. 3 people are all in on the flop with two big stacks still playing. 53s, A8o, 99, 78s, and KTs all get shown down. KTs wins 2610 wih two pair.
K7o, button, folds

After this hand I am moved to table #30. I'm in position to be UTG on hand one, I just paid a blind, hopefully I pass it... shame that I couldn't catch any cards at that wild ass table, but I wasn't going to blindly gamble.

I get cards... blah.

J7o, UTG, folds
84o, BB, free flop, folded when the flop misses me.
65s, SB, I complete and we are 4 handed on the flop, which is 3 paint cards, none of my suit *sighs*

AKo, button, my best hand of the tourney so far - I call a raise to 90 and see a 3 handed flop - J83, two hearts, my king is a heart but I am not ready to call an all-in. Probably needed to re-raise pre-flop there and take control

K6o, cutoff, folds

Level 4 - 25/50 blinds

I have 630 in chips left, not looking so hot.

AQo, cutoff-1.. do I risk my tourney life here? a micro stack all-ins or 80, a caller, a re-raise to 400... do you call here? you've got 3 opponents, two legit... well, I fold. Is that a wuss play? I would have won the hand, but would have been up against KK.

Q4o, MP, folds
36o, UTG+2, folds
64o, UTG+1, folds
Q5o, UTG, folds

blinds are going to knock me to the mid-500 range and I really haven't played a hand yet. I've misplayed an AKo but I think that's really it.

Q7o, BB, free flop, fold to a large bet on a bad flop
T7o, SB, folds

I have 555 in chips after that round of blinds. Time to make something happen, cards or not.
T2o, button, folds to a large raise
J6s, cutoff, folds

Key Hand
AKo, cutoff-1, one limper(giant 4000 stack), I raise to 200, big blind goes all in and I have an easy call there. BB shows down AJo. A king hits the flop, a ten on the turn, and the miracle queen never hits, I hold up and double up + a little to 1185, stayin alive.

62o, MP, folds
82o, MP, folds
83o, UTG+2, folds

Key Hand
TT, UTG+1, I open-raise to 150, big stack calls me. Flop isn't pretty, QJ2, but I bet into it, betting the pot of 325, and I take it down.

Briefly up to 1360(blinds hitting soon)

66, BB short stack is all-in for 250. I'll call 200 more if we're heads up here. the SB calls though and I decide to stay out of the way. 55 vs AJ, a jack hits and short stack is gone.

93o, SB, folds

I am left with 1285 in chips after the blinds pass.

Aaaand, we're on break. I survive the first hour again, something I'm getting good at. I think I misplayed one, maybe two hands (AK and AQ) by being too timid with them. I made up for it with the double up and win with TT to keep me alive.

Level 4 - 50/100 blinds - 1 hr break

351 players remain. The average stack is 1994. I have 1285. At table 30, I will move during this level if I stay alive. There are 6 stacks under 1500 at this table, and 3 large stacks of 3500+. Two of them are to my direct right, exactly where I want them.

J7o, button, folds
J7o, cutoff, folds
QQ, cutoff-1, open-raise to 300, short stack of 250 thinks for a long time and folds. I steal the blinds, only a big blind this time b/c of a knockout.

85o, MP, folds
73o, UTG+2, folds
Q8o, UTG+1, folds
J5o, UTG, folds
J8o, BB, folded to me
J3o, SB, folds

I increase my stack by a whole 100 chips that orbit. 1385 chips.

A3o, button, I open-raise to 200. short stack calls all-in for 150. He has KQ, queen on the flop and I never hit an ace.

1235 in chip.

J3o, cutoff, folds

300 remain

T8o, cutoff-1, folds

I am moved to table 29. From table 30. I start UTG+2.

crap, UTG+2, folds
32o, UTG+1, folds

under 280 to go this table should mvoe next.

Aaaand there it goes. I skip UTG and go straight to the BB.

I'm now on table 26, another table that will move quickly.

T5s, BB, an all in for ~150, 2 others call and I'll call that. I fold on the flop though.
Q3o, SB, folds

After that I am now stuck at 996 chips. I need to double up twice to be comfortable at all with my chip position.

Level 6 - 75/150 blinds

I have 996 in chips, whichi s not much at all with 270 remaining.

Key Hand
A6o, button. one small-stack limp before me, and this is my spot, I push all in. The small stack calls, showing KQo. An ace on the flop, and he's drawing dead on the turn. I double up to 2052 in chips!

crap, cutoff, folds
63o, cutoff-1, folds

Avg stack is still 2600, but I am at least alive now. I can make one move/raise without being committed all in. I still need lots to go my way though.

85s, UTG+2, folds (moved up to the blinds fast b/c of some eliminations)

Key Hand
55, UTG+1, I raise it to 400. Not the best hand but I have to make some moves here. giant stack calls me. I'm all in on the flop no mmatter what here. If he hit a higher pair I'm just screwed. JTx flop, I go all in for 1500, he folds.

I am up to 2677 before the blinds hit.

crap, UTG, folds

42o, BB, free flop, which, not suprisingly misses me badly, two opponents betting and I am out.

Moved to table #16. I get to skip my SB!

KJs, cutoff - two limp before me and I decide not to push hard here(mistake?) - we end up 4-handed and I get out of the way when the guy w/ 7000 chips starts betting.
T2s, cutoff-1, folds

Key Hand
A2s, MP. I open-raise to 400, really just hoping to win the blinds here. One smaller stack calls my bet and we are heads up. I put him all in on the flop of AQ4, one heart(two clubs). He folds.

I now, for the first time in god knows how long, have an average sized stack. I have 3002, avg is 2953.

two crappy hands folded UTG+1/UTG

KQo, BB - 4 limp... and I check. Flop comes K76 with two hearts. I bet the pot, 750. And I win it right there.
A3o, SB - I decide to fold to a raise and a few callers.

Level 7 - 100/200 blinds

I start the level on the button with 3527 in chips, floating just above the avg(now 3353). 209 remain of the original 700.

54o, button, folds - AA busted up by KQ, KQ on the flop.
85s, cutoff, folds
Q8o, cutoff-1, folds
ATo, MP - ugh, folds to a 1000 chip raise before me. AA is shown.
K4o, MP, folds
94s, UTG+2, folds

Key Hands
KQo, UTG+1 - I open-raise to 500, BB calls. I bet 700 into the 1100 pot when the flop coems K83, and I win it right there.
ATo, UTG - I open-raise to 500, and I steal the blinds.

94o, BB.
J4s, SB, folds

After the blinds pass me I have 4127 in chips. This is about where I was in the 2nd tourney last night when I doubled up to a large stack and pissed it right back. avg chips is 3977. 176 remain, so about 100 to go til the money.

85o, button, folds
Q5o, cutoff, folds
K3o, cutoff, folds (would be dealer just busted out)

160 left, half of those remaining will make the money

TT, MP - here's where I don't know how to play this. 3 limp before me... do I try to push it, or take some great implied odds on a set here? I lmip... we see a 5-way flop, and it comes A23 and I fold to a very large flop bet. No idea how I should play that with those limpers before me and a good but not astounding hand.

Level 8 - 150/300 blinds

gave back just a touch there, and I enter this level with 3927 in chips. Avg stack is up to 4635. I'm still treading along, I need to keep pushing ahead though.

150 remain.
J2o, MP, folds

My table breaks up and I'm moved to table #15, with just 147 left this table won't last long at all either.

A4o, cutoff, I fold to a raise before me. Good thing, AK and AT go all in(AT hits two pair).
Q8o, cutoff-1, folds

Now under 140, this table is about to go.

Heh, one more up, table #14... I won't last here long either. But I got moved from the cutoff to UTG+1. Screw that, I am holding out :P I take my time folding my first hand hoping the needed 7 more will go before my hand comes around.

K6o, UTG+1, folds
K2o, UTG, folds

hah, I WIN.

moved after that hand, to the cutoff again. I am at table 6 now, if I survive long enough to see this table break up, it'll be a great thing for me.

ATo, cutoff - I open-raise to 800. I steal the blinds.
72o, cutoff-1, folds
T3s, UTG+2, folds (8 person table at the moment, until another table breaks up)
T6o, UTG+1, folds
K9o, UTG, folds
92s, BB, to my right is a tourney leader, moptree has 19124. I'm suprised when he folds, but I get a free flop with one other. Flop misses and I decide against bluffing at it, he takes it on the flop.

K3o, SB, folds to a raise

Down to 3927 after the blinds - 5800 is avg now.

93s, button, folds
T7o, cutoff, folds

break is comign soon, thank god, I have to pee :P

74s, cutoff-1, folds
87o, MP, folds

Level 9 - 200/400 blinds

ahhh, much better.

120 remain. 12 tables left. 80 places pay. I have 3927 in chips, the average stack is up to 5833. I am 6th in chips at my table. There are going to be a ton of stacks around my size. Everyone gets timid around this phase. I know I can't fold my way into he money, not 40 places as fast as the blinds come around. I have to open it up a little bit and steal the blinds a few times.

Now, that I know I need to do that, will I actually have the balls to go through with it and do it.

T3o, MP, folds - eatbullets has gone all in the last two hands in a row now(for 3000 chips). This time he's called by TwinkleBone out of the SB. the BB thinks a long time(or is still afk, just after break). JJ vs 77 and twinklebone gets a 3000 chip gift. eatbullets is gone.

72o, UTG+1, folds
T7o, UTG, folds
J5o, BB, I fold to a 2700 chip all in.
T5o, SB, folds

down to 3327 after the blinds hit me. 114 remain, 34 more to go out before the money.

J9o, button, folds to a raise before me. So much for everyone being passive and not risking anything going into the money.

JTo, cutoff, fold to a 1500 big stack raise(JJ). short stack to my left goes out w/ 88.
Q5o, cutoff, folds

110 remain. 30 more to go out before the money. I still can't fold my way there, and wouldn't want to.

There's a 1000-1500 raise *every hand*.

84o, MP, folds.
74o, UTG+2, folds
T6o, UTG+1, folds
J2o, UTG, folds

I'm now half of the average stack, before the blinds hit. only 2 are shorter than me at the table.

87s, BB - a hand i like, but not for 1700 chips. So I fold. AK and QQ all in before me. QQ wins.
62o, SB, folds (2500 raise before me).

I now have 2727 chips. 6666.66 is the average at the second I'm looking

103 remain.

A5o, button - I fold to an all in and a call of that all in before me. KJ vs AQ. Sheesh.
K8o, folds to a raise before me

Do I just have to go all in with an average hand here? how logn do I let myself get blinded out before I go on my first Ax or K8+ or whatever?

K5o, cutoff-1, folds to 1000 raise.
T8o, MP, folds

AKs, UTG+2, I open-raise to 1200. I steal the blinds.
AKs, UTG+1, same suit even. That was weird. I open-raise to 1200. I steal the blinds again.
T4o, UTG+1 (empty seat to my right filled), folds

99 remain. 19 left until the money.

82o, UTG, folds

Level 10 - 300/600 blinds

Ugh, right as my BB hits.

A2o, BB. The SB goes all in. He has me covered. I have no idea if I should call or not. He's brand new to the table. I let him have it.

QTs, SB - I fold to another all in, this one for 3100.

After my blinds I am down to 3027.

15 spots til the money.

crap, button, folded to a 1200 raise/call
78o, cutoff, folded

AQo, cutoff-1, my turn to all-in before teh flop, like everyone else has been doing. BB thinks about it for a long time(he has 10K and has it covered easy). He folds and I steal the 900 in blinds.

K6o, MP, folds
95s, MP, folds AA vs QQ all in. QQ wins. QQ guy had 900 three hands ago, doubled up then tripled up to get up to 7532.
Q5s, MP, folds

Now it's 11 til the money.

Now it's 10 til the money as an all-in on my table busts 1 guy. And partypoker hangs.

6 players left til the money.

I make a raise to 1200 with KJo, habs4ever goes over me all in, and I wuss out. I fold. I leave myself UTG with 2700 in chps, with the blinds coming, to try to limp into the money.

With only 86 left, and 80 getting paid, we have gone hand to hand.

83o, UTG, folds.
ugh. T2o, BB - I gotta fold if anyone plays at me. No one does. i win the blinds. RARR.

3027 chips.

The shortest stack in the tourney has 1180 in chips.

A9o, SB - here's a very tough decision. 5 spots out of the money. Button goes all in for 2000 chips. Do you call or fold? He is a short stack, he has to have a hand there IMO. both of us had him covered, and the guy to my left by a lot. I let him have it, clearly now just playing to make the money.

housewolf doubles up on JQ to 10,000 chips, beating habs4ever's TT. Both of them were willing to take the risk!

Level 11 - blinds 400/800

85 remain, 5 more have to bust out befoer we're in the money. I can likely fold my way in now and unless I get a monster will probably try to do that, just to have something to show for my nearly 3 hours of play here.

42s, cutoff, folds

1 busts out, 84 remain, and there are 3 sub-1000 stacks in the tourney.

86o, cutoff-1, folds
K9o, MP, folds

Now down to 83.

92s, UTG+2, folds

Down to 82.

Just watched a 7000 stack go down, going all in on top pair + 4 flush, getting caleld by a giant stack w/ 2nd pair, and catching omore.

It looks like 80 remain, though PP is still going hadn to hand. I think I have made the money.

Key Hand
UTG+1 - AA - all in, easy. OH NO. called by QQ, and a queen hits. UGH. That was my chance to double up to over 5000 and have a chance at minimum of surviving a few levels in the money, and hopefully pushing my way up much higher. Wow. I am crushed. I cannot believe that just happened.

I have 405 chips left and will be all in on the BB in two hands.

Key Hand

I am all in with 54o. I don't hit. WOW haha. People got so nuts after the money was made, that in the two hands at my table, 10 went out.

I place 70th, bumped up to the next money level. (to think what I could have done if I'd won my AA vs QQ).

I make $105, a profit of $50 in the tourney.

I am consistantyl placing well in the top half in these, but I figure a well-trained monkey could do that just by folding every hand.

I have some things to work on but am happy enough with my finishes so far that I think I can cut down on the mistakes and be a little bit more of a threat in these. Certainly pleased with the $50 profit tonight given how much I have to work on.
Old 07-18-2004, 04:45 PM   #131
Radii
Head Coach

After some more success in the ring games today(2 positive ring game sessions) I join a $30+$3 multi table tourney.

1031 people enter, and we're on 103 tables to start. I am on table #78, so over 200 people have to go out before I get moved. 110 places pay. 1st pays $6495 and the top 6 all pay over $1000.

Level 1 - 10/15 blinds

I fold crap the first two hands while I'm setting up the PC (I registered on the laptop and hopped over here just in time to start the tourney).

42o, UTG+2, folds
66, UTG+1, I attempt to limp in, but fold to a big raise pre-flop - 2 guys end up all in on the turn(Q4T9 double duited board). tigerz(I played with him last night) had two pair, star143 had pocket jacks and a straight draw, he hits his straight.
xx, UTG, folds

star143 now has 2875 in chips.

K7o, BB, free flop, J72 board. I fold to a bet double the size of the pot.
K5o, SB, i complete for 5 chips. I miss and fold to a bet.
43o, button, folds

ESPNguy_ has gone all in against star143, and again he's betting hard into about 4 people. a four flush on the board, 4 ppl in a 965 pot. espnguy bets 800, risking nearly his entire stack on the 3rd straight hand. He wins another big hand this way and has 2215 in chips.

K2o, cutoff, folds

Level 2 - 10/20 blinds

893 remain, well over 100 gone in the first level.

44, i again try to limp and have to fold to a big raise, not a passive enough table to try to catch a set with that junk
J9o, MP, folds

Key Hand
JJ, MP, I open-raise to 3x the blinds, to 60. Only the BB calls. flop comes AA2. blind checks, time to find out if he has an ace or not. I bet the pot, 130, and he folds. I am back up to 1005 in chips.

K9o, UTG+2, folds

TT, UTG+1, I open-raise to 60 again. An ace hits again, but this time I got 3 callers on my raise. I'm not nearly as happy with this. I fold to a 250 chip bet from a blind.
K9o, UTG, folds

T3o, BB, folds to a raise to 80.
K7s, SB, folds to 125 bet.
A4s, button, folds to pre-flop raise
K6o, cutoff, folds
87o, cutoff-1, folds
I just pick the worst times to play a hand: A6s, MP, limp and ready to call a small raise, but a guy with 520 ends up all in. Oh well! 99 vs 55 all in.

Key Hand
JJ, MP, another raise hand here. star143 raises to 65 chips, and I re-raise him to 150. ESPNguy calls, as does Fischi... maridavid goes all in for 633. I think I'm either building my stack up big or going into the ring games. Another caller here. there is a short stack who has less than me that also calls. Short stack has QQ, I have JJ, the middle guy has AJ. None of us hit a thing, and I am left with 528 in chips after that weirdness.

I am moved to table #37.

Level 3 - 15/30 blinds

KK, first hand at new table. I raise to 90, and get one caller. I bet the pot on the flop and win it there.

I now have 663 in chips. Back to the JJ hand. With 5 callers for 150(including me) and a shorter stack going all in, I just decided this was a chance to hit a huge score or go back to the ring games. Now that I lost that hand and end up short stacked I will try not to do anything stupid, but I saw that as a good double up or not waste a ton of time in this thing opportunity.

Q6s, UTG, folds
K8s, BB, I call a raise to 80 after 4 others have already called... another call tht stands to make me a ton if I hit right, though certainly an overly loose one too. I have to fold when I miss totally.
76o, SB, folds

709 remain in the tourney.

K4o, button, folds
K6o, cutoff, folds

Key Hand
AA, cutoff-1, lets see if I can get some action on this one... 4 very good hands so far and I've gotten no action on 2 and a loss on the 3rd. One limper, I raise to 80. SB calls. BB calls, limper calls. 320 in the pot, I have 488 left. Q72, two spades flop(I do have a spade). There's a 30 chip bet, two calls, and the pot is big enough for an all in here. I all in for 488. One call. The caller has QJ, and catches a 2nd queen on the turn to knock me out.

I am out a disappointing 664th. I had 4 great hands in only 30 dealt. I figure most of the time you get JJ/JJ/KK/AA in the first 30 hands you either get out to a very nice chip advantage or get busted. I got busted.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:48 PM   #132
Radii
Head Coach

After destroying partypoker's 2/4 yesterday, i got my ass kicked tongiht, very very badly. The swings are insane, and I let myself tilt a little before I left tongiht which didn't help.

PokerStars: $93
Neteller: $1221
PartyPoker: $1180
InterCasinoPoker: $101

total: $2595

Blech, a losing week. I had signifigantly more losing sessions at 2/4 than i had winners, though the $300 win I had yesterday certainly helped balance things out a little... hand update as soon as pokertracker finishes reading in the hands.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:58 PM   #133
Radii
Head Coach

~5000 hand 2/4 update

After 3000 hands I was on a cold streak and only up $51.07, making $3.53/hr.

Current:

4838 hands
Up $280.31
0.93 BB/hr/table
1.45 BB/100 hands (what the 2+2 multi-tablers prefer to use)
$12.49/hr.

I have never been down but i've been all over the map here. I was up as much as $25/hr at about 3800 hands, and the cold run tonight dropped it back down to $12/hr.

My biggest hand tonight was a KK hand, I lost an $80 pot to 63o, two pair on the river. i lost AA twice tonight as well, and had a set of jacks busted on the river, I got down via a bunch of bad beats, I fought my way back up to almost even(from down $150) and then never got ahead and finished down about $175 on the night... It wasn't until the very end of the long session tonight where I really felt I was on tilt though, I probably gave away an extra $30 b/c of the tilt factor, after that it was just a bad session.

More later, I don't expect to play any multi-table tourney's during the week, if I do well they just take too long to waste an entire work night, but I hope to get in a couple thousand ring hands.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:49 PM   #134
dixieflatline
High School Varsity

Quote:
TT, MP - here's where I don't know how to play this. 3 limp before me... do I try to push it, or take some great implied odds on a set here? I lmip... we see a 5-way flop, and it comes A23 and I fold to a very large flop bet. No idea how I should play that with those limpers before me and a good but not astounding hand.

I think limping and taking the implied odds is the right thing to do. You seem to have good, steady, advancement in the tourney and if you could add in a couple of big hands to double up I think that would help a lot. Hands like this are a perfect for that. Love the tourney reads so hopefully you can keep up the good play in them.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:31 PM   #135
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixieflatline
I think limping and taking the implied odds is the right thing to do. You seem to have good, steady, advancement in the tourney and if you could add in a couple of big hands to double up I think that would help a lot. Hands like this are a perfect for that. Love the tourney reads so hopefully you can keep up the good play in them.

Thanks for the comments I have been thinking about this a little(ok, a lot) and have come up with a plan of action I think.

My bread and butter will continue to be the 2/4 games(and the 3/6 games I plan on moving up to, but I am planning on putting down at least 10,000 more hands at 2/4 before I consider moving up at any of the tables), and I still intend to cash out profits every month and just use the tourneys as a distraction when the 2/4 grind gets to me, but instead of plopping down $20 in a random partypoker tourney I'm going to change my strategy.

i'm going to deposit some additional money on pokerstars and work on the satellites into their monster weekend tourneys. Pokerstars is just a better site for tournaments, and though the players are better in general, but I'll become a better player playing there and learn more about real tourneys. So my multi-table action will at first be the satellites into the $200 weekend tourneys and things like that.

The other goal I have is to play in all four September partypoker million semi-finals. They have $29 sit n go's that qualify you for a partypoker million semi. The next 4 semis are around labor day weekend. I have to double check with oliegirl on the schedule(kiddo's birthday is right after that weekend so I don't want to plan something during a birthday celebration). My goal is to get into all 4 semifinals. That gives me four looooong shots at winning the cruise.

Now, the caveat to this is, my bread and butter is the ring games. But that does get to be a grind and I need something to do when I need a break from the grind. I have to be careful though, and not dump too much of my profits into these MTT's while I realize that I am still dead money for the most part(though I do expect to improve that over time). If I'm running bad and am down in the ring game action I may just play some cheap sit n' gos instead of these slightly more expensive tourneys when I need that distraction.

Continued thanks to everyone that's reading, posting the detail here definitely makes me a better player, and it makes me more accountable for my poker actions.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:43 PM   #136
Radii
Head Coach

I enter a $53 satellite to try to get into the big end of month tourney on pokerstars this weekend. There are some big names in this, at least, 55lucky55 is a name I recognize. 37 people enter. 3 will get entry into the $500 tourney and 4th gets $371.

Level 1 - blinds 10/20

On stars, I get 1500 chips to start and levels go up every 15 minutes.

One player goes out on another table in the first hand. 36/37 left heh.

I fold my first two crappy hands in near UTG positions.

52o, UTG, folds
T3o, BB, free flop 3-way. I hit bottom pair but decide not to get involved this early, I'm out.
A3s, SB, I fold to a raise to 40 and a re-raise to 60 pre-flop. Not strong raises but there's two of them so I'm out.
AQs, button - there's a limp, a raise to 40, a call. I call as do 3 others, this is a 6-way pot here. I go ahead and get out of the way, a bet of 80 on the flop, I have inside straight/backdoor flush possibilities and that's all(KT3/1 of my suit). Good thing, a raise to 300 comes behind. T3 vs 33 all in on the turn, and a DrSessions has a huge chip advantage now, 3990 chips.
J3o, cutoff, folds
95s, cutoff-1, folds
K4o, UTG+2, folds
94o, UTG+1, folds
A2o, UTG, folds
A3o, BB, free flop, folds to a bet on a 567 flop.
Q2o, SB, folds to a raise to 90 pre-flop

Level 2 - 15/30 blinds

3 are gone, I'm in 21st in chips out of the remaining 34 with 1400.

J8o, button, folds
K2o, cutoff-1(new guy moved here after a 2nd is lost) folds
44, jetskill raises to 150, fold
K5o, utg+1, folds
A7o, BB, free flop 3-way, flop comes T73, all hearts. With two limpers I decide to pick this one up, I bet 90 on the flop and take it down, up to 1445.
K5o, SB, folds to big raise pre-flop
32o, button, folds
94o, cutoff, folds

31 remain at this point, I'm in 17th.

Q7o, cutoff-1, folds
53o, MP, folds
J5o, UTG+1, folds
A3o, UTG, folds (should i be trying to play this out of position? I don't think so but I know I need to get more agressiv.e.. but I think that's just way too loose for this early)
64o, BB, free flop, folds to a 180 bet when lots of high cards come out
83o, SB, folds
72o, button, folds
J2o, cutoff, folds

We merge to 3 full tables and I get moved to table #1, UTG+1

84s, UTG+1, folds

Level 3 - 25/50 blinds

27 remain, I have 1400 chips exactly still, and am in 18th place still.

84o, UTG, folds
64o, BB, free flop 3-way, flop comes AQT and I fold to a bet of 150 on the flop.

99, SB - SquareDeal raises to 100 pre-flop, I re-raise to 200. A short stack is allin for 15 also. Square calls. Flop comes Jack high, and I bet out 400 into it, squredeal folds, the short stack has J5 and ends up with trip jacks. I win most of the money though and get up to 1520.

A2o, button, folds to a 200 raise, ends up 4-way and the raiser had KK, he loses to K4s, flush.
93o, cutoff, folds

ATo, cutoff-1 - two limp and I raise it up to 200, gotta get a bit more agressive here I think. short stack calls all in, UTG calls, and Scan goes all in for 1000 more. I fold that one of course. He has KK and finally knocks out the short stack. I am down to 1320.

33, cutoff-1 - I fold to a 150 raise before me

74o, UTG+1, folds
72o, UTG, folds

Key Hand
A5o, BB, E Vail, a short stack, raises to 100. I defend and re-raise to 200, he call. Flop misses me, but it doesn't look pretty, I decide to test him for all his chips. He calls with a four flush, and of course hits it. He had Q2s, so I was at leat right in my estimation that he was stealing.

crap folded in SB/Button/cutoff.

I am not long for this tournament without a double up or two.

J5o, cutoff-1, folds

Level 4 - 50/100 blinds

21 remain, and I am the dead smallest stack.

Key Hand

QQ, UTG - I go all in, as the shortest stack i figure someone will call... no one does and I steal. I needed a call to get a shot at doubling up with that didn't I?

Well, I have 725 chips after my BB, which is 83o and folded on the first opportunity.

Key Hand
A3s, SB. I call the min raise by E_Vail on the button. Flop come A99. I go all in with my pair of aces, and neither calls. I take the pot and am up a bit htere.

Key Hand
66, button, folded to me, I open-raise to 300, and I steal the blinds.

I am now up to 1275, 15th out of the 21 remaining, but I clearly still need to make a big move to have a shot in this thing.

95o, folded
76o, folded UTG+1
64o, UTG, folds
63o, BB, gotta fold if there's a raise. there is and i'm out
J8o, SB, again folds to a large steal raise
J2o, button, folds
T3o, cutoff, folds
62o, MP, folds

18 remain and we've merged down to 2 tables. I'm 16th in chips out of the 18 left.

A9s, UTG+2, I open-raise to 300 and get a call from a big stack in cantrel1. The pot contains a heart, and that's all I need at this point. I just have to hope he missed and will fold. I go all in, he calls with AJ, he hit a pair and I need running hearts. They don't come, and I'm out 18th.

I probably misplayed a few of those hands, but I am ever improving. On the last hand i had 875 chips left after my raise. The flop came jack high with one heart. Any stack at the table was bigger than me, but this one was 5000+, so the 875 bet wasn't much of a threat at all. I would have had to all in on any playable hand after that, as the blinds were about to go up again.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:48 PM   #137
Radii
Head Coach

My first hand back over at ring games, AA is busted by J9o. The frustration when this kind of shit is happening is amazing(was happening for a solid hour straight before tourney as well, I played 150 hands, winning 1)
Old 07-19-2004, 11:05 PM   #138
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
My first hand back over at ring games, AA is busted by J9o. The frustration when this kind of shit is happening is amazing(was happening for a solid hour straight before tourney as well, I played 150 hands, winning 1)

I fell behind as much as $140 on the night between the before/after sessions of that tournament, and that AA hand I bitched aboutdidn't start the nigthcap so well, but, two of my tables went shorthanded and I started running over both of them. One of them went heads up and I took $60 off a guy in 5 hands, at my other table I played a great short-handed game and then the table went full and I continued to play very well... net result, up $40 on the night. I am more relieved than excited.

After playing that tourney tonight, i am *DONE* with multi-table tourneys until this weekend. I had fun w/ them for a few days but leaked away most of my profits during those few days and still sit at ~$2590. Getting good at MTT's is a long term goal. I can't sacrafice my 2/4 profits to do it all at once. I need to get up a few hundred more before I try out any more MTT's, and play them consistantly, but in moderation(instead of 5 or 6 of them over a weekend, etc).

Ok, I'm done lecturing myself
Old 07-19-2004, 11:14 PM   #139
Radii
Head Coach

Now, a question on hand distribution. I know you get a pocket pair once every ~220 hands. What are the stats on a specific suited connector, or a specific off-suit hand?

I want to see exactly how cold my cards are running, if at all.

I have 5,214 hands in pokertracker at 2/4.

Each poket pair would ON AVERAGE have been received 23.7 times.
I need to look up the other hands to see for sure.

Here's my distribution on Sklansky's group 1/2 hands:

AA - 18
KK - 14
QQ - 27
JJ - 15
AKs - 19

TT - 25
AQs - 14
AJs - 22
KQs - 19
AKo - 49 (and barely winning, $25.50 or .13 BB/hand... a hole of mine for sure, I have been overplaying AK when it misses I know).

So, how am I running over 5214 hands?

AA and KK are coming in low, KK very low. If I had gotten each of those 24 times I would expect an extra $80-$100 in profit at least. But what about the rest, am I running cold overall or just with those top two?

I'm winning almost exactly 1BB/hr/table. I want that to be 1.5 BB/hr/table over the long run definitely. 5K is a short run, so I'm not worried or anything, but 5K hands seems a good time to stop and do just a little analysis and see if there's anything obvious, like my problem with AKo, I hope to improve on that greatly over my next 5K hands.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:38 AM   #140
Subby
lolzcat

Radii -

First off, I just wanted to mention how much I am thoroughly enjoying the retelling of your multitable experiences. Great detail, great writing style, great self-examination. I could care less about ring games - I loathe them - but I find your hand analysis using poker tracker really fascinating.

As you have alluded to in your writing, I think your biggest problem right now in the tourney play is lack of aggression. While I am not getting a sense of the playing styles of your tables, it seems that it might suit you to play more suited connectors and one-gappers out of position. Your tourney style is so tight it seems almost self-defeating at times.

Anyway, take those comments for what they are worth, as I am a marginal on-line tourney player at best. Whatever you do, keep up the great work!
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 12:05 PM   #141
dixieflatline
High School Varsity

Quote:
Now, a question on hand distribution. I know you get a pocket pair once every ~220 hands. What are the stats on a specific suited connector, or a specific off-suit hand?
I am going to run through my calculations for getting JTs in case I made a mistake someone else can correct. The first card can either be a J or a T of any suit(8 choices). Then the second card must be the other one of the same suit(1 choice). So I think it's 8/52 * 1/51 or about 0.3% or once in 332 hands. If you consider playable suited connectors as JT, T9, 98, 87, 76, 65, and 54 you get a suited connector 2.1% of the time or once every 48 hands.
I am not exactly sure what hands you want to look at for the off suit but I'll run through AQo. 8 choices for the first card(All A or Q's) then 3 choices for the second card since you want not suited. That is 8/52 * 3/51 or about 0.9% or once every 111 hands.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:12 PM   #142
dixieflatline
High School Varsity

Quote:
AQs, button - there's a limp, a raise to 40, a call. I call as do 3 others, this is a 6-way pot here. I go ahead and get out of the way, a bet of 80 on the flop, I have inside straight/backdoor flush possibilities and that's all(KT3/1 of my suit). Good thing, a raise to 300 comes behind. T3 vs 33 all in on the turn, and a DrSessions has a huge chip advantage now, 3990 chips.

Did you think about reraising here? You might have been able to thin the field a bit and make it too pricey for DrSessions to try to flop his set(not to mention the T3 guy). Also, you might have gotten off with a cheap flop if the players remaining had checked to you(the reraiser). Were you worried that because the tourney had just started that everyone would have just called or were you trying to hide your strength?
Old 07-20-2004, 12:35 PM   #143
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
As you have alluded to in your writing, I think your biggest problem right now in the tourney play is lack of aggression. While I am not getting a sense of the playing styles of your tables, it seems that it might suit you to play more suited connectors and one-gappers out of position. Your tourney style is so tight it seems almost self-defeating at times.

You're definitely right. I have started reading the 2+2 multi-table tourney forums and should be learning a lot there.

A lot of times I know I have to make a move, have to steal, have to make some loose calls to try to hit a big hand. And a lot of times I see the right cards or the right time to do it and I still don't pull the trigger with the raise.

Glad you're enjoying the read, hopefully down the line there will be some major successes to report on, I just have to dig in and find the right style for me to succeed in these things.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:39 PM   #144
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Did you think about reraising here? You might have been able to thin the field a bit and make it too pricey for DrSessions to try to flop his set(not to mention the T3 guy). Also, you might have gotten off with a cheap flop if the players remaining had checked to you(the reraiser). Were you worried that because the tourney had just started that everyone would have just called or were you trying to hide your strength?

I dont think there was anything to say about this one except I played it very very weakly and have got to play better with good hands in position like this.

Thanks for the odds stuff in your other post, that looks right to me.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:47 PM   #145
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

Ok, here's another question for the masses. 1 limp, a raise to 40, a call to me, blinds still to act. First level of the tourney. I have AQs on the button. 130 in the pot at that point.

I have very little read on anyone at this point. DrSessions seems to play a fair number of hands cheaply and he's taken a lead at the table early on.

If I'm going to re-raise, what do I raise to? Is 150 a strong enough raise?

Lets say I raise to 150 now, and two people call me.

The flop comes KT3, one of my suit. The pot is now ~550 in chips. And again lets say its checked around to me. First round of a tourney, do you bet this even though you haven't hit? Or do you look at the fact that its still early and that there's two high cards on the board and check, hoping to hit your 4-outer straight, an ace, or get out?
Old 07-20-2004, 12:50 PM   #146
Radii
Head Coach

And to go on a flurry of dynasty posts when i'm nowhere near the poker table... it looks like I've gotten AA/KK/JJ signifigantly less than 'average' in my first 5000 hands, but the rest of the cards are coming at a pretty steady rate. I'll just have to get AA 30 times int he next 5000 hands to make up for it

My biggest hold over those 5000 hands was my AK play. The one hand I push too hard with I think, as its a very very small winner so far. Over the next 5K hands I intend to be a little more selective about when I jam with AK (real small post-flop fields/non scary boards etc) and will see if I can make a bit more with it.
Old 07-20-2004, 01:06 PM   #147
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
The flop comes KT3, one of my suit. The pot is now ~550 in chips. And again lets say its checked around to me. First round of a tourney, do you bet this even though you haven't hit? Or do you look at the fact that its still early and that there's two high cards on the board and check, hoping to hit your 4-outer straight, an ace, or get out?
I think with two folks checking to you (assuming neither was the pre-flop raiser) that a big bet here - maybe 250 - and you are likely going to buy the pot right there. Most of the time folks don't want that kind of action early in a tourney (of which you are an example )...
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 01:22 PM   #148
dixieflatline
High School Varsity

Quote:

I have 5,214 hands in pokertracker at 2/4.
Here's my distribution on Sklansky's group 1/2 hands:
AA - 18
KK - 14
QQ - 27
JJ - 15
AKs - 19

TT - 25
AQs - 14
AJs - 22
KQs - 19
AKo - 49 (and barely winning, $25.50 or .13 BB/hand... a hole of mine for sure, I have been overplaying AK when it misses I know).

So by my math you should be getting a group 1 hand every 2.1% of the time or once in 46 hands. That means you should have gotten 110 group 1 hands but you only got 93. That difference of 17 seems a lot(15% low) but I'd have to do some messy stats to see just how bad that is. You should get a group 2 hand every 2.2% or 118 times and you got them 129 times. That's mostly due to excess of AJs. So maybe the lower group 1 numbers don't look that far off after all.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:56 PM   #149
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
So by my math you should be getting a group 1 hand every 2.1% of the time or once in 46 hands. That means you should have gotten 110 group 1 hands but you only got 93. That difference of 17 seems a lot(15% low) but I'd have to do some messy stats to see just how bad that is. You should get a group 2 hand every 2.2% or 118 times and you got them 129 times. That's mostly due to excess of AJs. So maybe the lower group 1 numbers don't look that far off after all.

That was what I came up with too. AA and KK win so dramatically much more BB/hand that I think it's noticible, but probalby not worth the amount of time I've put into figuring it out I am going to set up a filter in poker tracker for this stuff, I like that idea I read on 2+2 about using that as a quick first glance about how the cards are running.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:59 PM   #150
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
I think with two folks checking to you (assuming neither was the pre-flop raiser) that a big bet here - maybe 250 - and you are likely going to buy the pot right there. Most of the time folks don't want that kind of action early in a tourney (of which you are an example )...

Ok. One flat calls. The turn doesn't help you any. Check/fold now? Seems like now you've invested a lot in this hand for the first round, if you get out of it now you still have 1000 chips or soto work with... or do you keep pushing under any circumstances considering you really don't know the player and what type of hands he plays yet?