Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-13-2005, 07:14 PM   #101
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan
That's why she was initially on my want to win list. Just get her to stop talking.
Nobody but the camera left to talk to, plus her voice is NOTHING compared to that "nanny wannabe" that was on AI, Mikala.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 09:08 PM   #102
Swaggs
Coordinator

I can't wait to see her "cleaned up" at the finale.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 09:12 PM   #103
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
I can't wait to see her "cleaned up" at the finale.
Hehe......
Old 04-22-2005, 11:17 AM   #104
hhiipp
College Prospect

After Janu freaks out on the challenge not sure what happened there she then voluntarily walks off the show at tribal council? I'm glad she's gone though, I was tired of looking at her disgusting body, how the world is that lady a Vegas showgirl? *gag*
hhiipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 11:19 AM   #105
rkmsuf
Head Coach

She has a few wires loose.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:23 AM   #106
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Crap, I don't like the previews for next week. I was hoping that original group of 4 would stay together because I want to see Tom and Ian get to the end.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 11:25 AM   #107
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Tom is gone as soon as he loses a challenge
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 11:26 AM   #108
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
Tom is gone as soon as he loses a challenge

That's what kind of stinks about the game in general. You almost have to do bad to to good. Look at Chris last year. Or Scout. Bleh.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:41 AM   #109
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan
Crap, I don't like the previews for next week. I was hoping that original group of 4 would stay together because I want to see Tom and Ian get to the end.

They would have had they stuck with their guns and kept their original four. But when they decided to let Greg and Jen dictate strategy and talk them into dumping Steph, they made an enemy and screwed up. Heck, invite Karen into the group to make 5 and pick off Greg and Jen. Greg's a threat to Tom and Ian anyway.

The thing I thought was interesting was how Jeff was basically inviting Janu to leave. They clearly know that Steph is the Rupert of this Survivor and don't want her gone early. I also think they were getting concerned about Janu's health, given how she reacted in that challenge and her overall attitude / approach.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:42 AM   #110
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
That's what kind of stinks about the game in general. You almost have to do bad to to good. Look at Chris last year. Or Scout. Bleh.

Or if you do good, you have to do REALLY good. There have been 2 Survivor seasons (notably the first) where someone on the chopping block has run off a string of individual immunity challenge victories to put themselves in the final group.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:43 AM   #111
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack
Or if you do good, you have to do REALLY good. There have been 2 Survivor seasons (notably the first) where someone on the chopping block has run off a string of individual immunity challenge victories to put themselves in the final group.

Tom basically has to run the table from here on in. Very difficult.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:05 PM   #112
I. J. Reilly
College Prospect

Quote:

The thing I thought was interesting was how Jeff was basically inviting Janu to leave. They clearly know that Steph is the Rupert of this Survivor and don't want her gone early. I also think they were getting concerned about Janu's health, given how she reacted in that challenge and her overall attitude / approach.
This actually kind of pissed me off. I've heard interviews with Jeff and other producers of the show saying how fair of a game it is and how they would never do anything to influence the outcome. So much for that. I know that the editing is always done to make the show more dramatic, but this was a little over the top.
Though watching a brain washing on prime time T.V. was kind of fun.
I. J. Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 12:08 PM   #113
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by I. J. Reilly
This actually kind of pissed me off. I've heard interviews with Jeff and other producers of the show saying how fair of a game it is and how they would never do anything to influence the outcome. So much for that. I know that the editing is always done to make the show more dramatic, but this was a little over the top.
Though watching a brain washing on prime time T.V. was kind of fun.

He didn't make her do anything she didn't want to do. She was too stupid to even know that is what she wanted in the first place.

I mean when someone says they don't care like that you have to ask the question of her if she wants out of the game.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:10 PM   #114
Raiders Army
Coordinator

While I'm not the biggest fan of Probst, I don't think he did anything wrong. Janu said she was ready to go. He's supposed to get them talking at the tribal council, so he acted as a host and asked her if she wanted to quit. What's wrong with that?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 12:16 PM   #115
jbmagic
Pro Starter

i think when stephanie spoke and got really emotional, that got to Janu and made her decided to just quit and not let everyone vote.

i see Stephanie winning it all.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 12:17 PM   #116
FBPro
College Starter

I think Greg needs to get the boot next.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:37 PM   #117
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhiipp
... how the world is that lady a Vegas showgirl? *gag*
Two words: Off strip.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:39 PM   #118
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs
Two words: Off strip.
Or, she's a Vegas showgirl from Las Vegas, New Mexico.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:39 PM   #119
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah. A few seasons ago when that one guy became the first to quit the show, Jeff could barely disguise his contempt for him. He looked like he wanted to spit on him as he left. But this time he practically jumped out of his seat and dragged her off the set as soon as she said the word "yes".
Old 04-22-2005, 12:48 PM   #120
Subby
lolzcat

I think Steph is still screwed - there is no way Jen is going to turn on Greg...

I wonder what Greg's overall plan is now, however - several episodes ago he approached Coby about a secret alliance that also involved Janu and maybe Karen. That's obviously dead now. I guess he is hoping to get to a point where he can convince Karen and/or Katie to vote off Tom...

Either way, I think Steph is gone next week, which sucks...because the fact that she is still in it is simply amazing.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 12:52 PM   #121
KevinNU7
College Starter

Simple Math can really help everyone out here. When there was 8 people left Steph wanted the group of 4 to vote for Janu, at the same time Gregg and Jenn wanted Steph out and Caryn and Janu will basically vote for whoever. This most likely meant that if Tom, Ian and Katie wanted to stick with Steph and vote out Janu then it would be the 4 of them against the other 4. This is obviosuly bad as Gregg or Jenn could decide to go after Ian or Katie instead, forcing a tie at tribal council.

Now that it is down to 7 people there is no reason to keep a 5 person alliance (Ian, Tom, Katie, Gregg & Jenn). You now only need a 4 person alliance to swing the voting in your favor. Now that they only need 4 people Ian, Tom and Katie will take in Steph and push Gregg or Jenn out of the picture.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:07 PM   #122
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Looks like Stephanie will talk the girls into an alliance and vote off the guys.

If Stephanie pulls this off next week. she will be very toughh to beat in any tasks against the girls after the boys are gone.. and most likely she will have immunity a lot.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:13 PM   #123
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Steph is going to try an all-girl alliance next week, which is never going to work because of the Jenn/Gregg connection. Her only real hope is that the Tom/Ian/Katie group realize Gregg is an even greater threat and take her back, although Tom sounded extremely methodical about his intentions to oust Steph last night.

Of course, Tom is the biggest threat out there but is also very well-placed politically. The only way he goes now is if Gregg/Jenn grow brains and figure out they're not in his final plans (all these people just saw Rob/Amber in all-stars -- G/J have to know they're not in anybody's final plans, so they need to just attach themselves to whomever is most desperate and maybe worm their way to the end that way).
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 01:16 PM   #124
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Looks like Stephanie will talk the girls into an alliance and vote off the guys.

If Stephanie pulls this off next week. she will be very toughh to beat in any tasks against the girls after the boys are gone.. and most likely she will have immunity a lot.
Physically she's a threat. Intellectually, I don't think so. There were several challenges where she wasn't the brightest light bulb. Remember the first episode when she jumped off the canoe/boat because she thought she could swim faster than 19 other people rowing?
Old 04-22-2005, 01:18 PM   #125
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Physically she's a threat. Intellectually, I don't think so. There were several challenges where she wasn't the brightest light bulb. Remember the first episode when she jumped off the canoe/boat because she thought she could swim faster than 19 other people rowing?

Now that was funny. She only lost by about 20 minutes.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:05 PM   #126
Swaggs
Coordinator

She's still hot.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 04:57 PM   #127
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLungs
... although Tom sounded extremely methodical about his intentions to oust Steph last night.
Bingo. And that might end up costing him a million dollars.

If he'd BS'ed that answer, acted as if he'd never vote for Steph, he could probably get her back in the alliance. But instead he was honest, because he knew he had the votes to take Steph out and it obviously never occured to him that Jeff would encourage Janu to quit before the vote. So he told the truth, Steph heard it, and now she's got her chance to make him pay for it.

Last edited by Maple Leafs : 04-22-2005 at 04:57 PM.
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 03:49 AM   #128
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic

Finally got around to watching this episode and because it was shown in the preview means there's no way it's going to happen (reality show rule #245).

I also think Tom can win every immunity challege as he has shown to be the best player physically and mentally. I don't see him losing a challenge unless he a) breaks a bone b) gets a severe illness (has to be severe as I see him as being able to 'will' himself through it) c) gets eaten by a shark as an act of revenge d) Jeff announces the immunity challege is who can hold their liquor.

I think Steph will be leaving. Or there's a secret alliance that the producers have been editing out, only to show it when they strike.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 05:19 AM   #129
Mota
College Benchwarmer

I thought it was a little unfair that Jeff became an active participant in the last episode and altered the ending. Janu was not going to quit without Jeff's interference. With a million dollars on the line, I would be pretty annoyed if that had wrecked my plans.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 11:36 AM   #130
Ironhead
College Prospect

Something interesting about this episode that what you also do not see in the episode:

"Quitters never win, but if they make it far enough on "Survivor," they get to be on the jury.

Janu Tornell, 39, became the fourth person in "Survivor" history to quit the competition, but she'll still help decide the winner of the $1 million prize as a member of the nine-person jury – a heated issue the tribal council cameras didn't capture.

"It wasn't to save Stephenie (LaGrossa) in the game," Tornell told The Associated Press Friday. "It ended up like that. At the same time, it was almost like a power play because I threw a wrench into their game."

The former Las Vegas showgirl said host Jeff Probst didn't coerce her into departing "Survivor: Palau," although it may have seemed otherwise.

"He aided me," said Tornell. "I was at the point where I thought, 'I want to go, but I don't want to jeopardize being part of the jury.' I was still battling with 'quitter.' I hate that word. But I did it. I laid down my torch. No regrets whatsoever."

Viewers didn't see Tornell's concern about whether she would be on the jury if she quit the CBS reality show. After going back and forth for several hours, Tornell said Probst asked for a break in the filming.

"The cameras stopped," said Tornell. "Tribal council got really heated. You guys didn't even get any part of that. (Probst) goes, 'This is off the record. What's going on, Janu? What are you worried about?' And I said, 'Basically, I don't want to lose my place in the jury. I don't know where this takes me."

Tornell said Probst left the tribal council area and consulted with producers. (The three players who quit "Survivor" in previous seasons departed before juries were formed.)

"It was all a new drama situation for everybody involved," said Tornell.

Probst returned and assured Tornell that she wouldn't forfeit her place on the jury by quitting. The cameras started back up, and Tornell did just that.

Now, as a jury member, she'll be on the lookout for the player "who I thought played the game the best."
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 01:05 AM   #131
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Everybody voted Stephanie off tonight.
Old 04-29-2005, 05:08 AM   #132
Joe
Pro Starter

not surprising at all. if you watched the preview you pretty much knew she was gone.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 06:24 AM   #133
hhiipp
College Prospect

Thanks, missed it all because of George Friggin Bush talking about Social Security.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:39 AM   #134
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

No you didn't, it came on after his press conference. CBS booted without a trace.
Cap Ologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 06:40 AM   #135
hhiipp
College Prospect

I was in bed by then, had to be up at 5 this morning. =\
Old 04-29-2005, 07:28 AM   #136
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Watched Survivor instead of the Apprentice last night, since there will be a rerun of the Apprentice tonight on CNBC. Too bad for Steph, but the writing was on the wall. I'm rooting for Ian, although he's pretty goofy.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:29 AM   #137
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Watched Survivor instead of the Apprentice last night, since there will be a rerun of the Apprentice tonight on CNBC. Too bad for Steph, but the writing was on the wall. I'm rooting for Ian, although he's pretty goofy.
And apparently he smells bed
Old 04-29-2005, 09:34 AM   #138
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
And apparently he smells bed
I didn't understand the fact that he asked Greg to wash his back, when Stephanie and Jenn were better choices.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:36 AM   #139
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
I didn't understand the fact that he asked Greg to wash his back, when Stephanie and Jenn were better choices.

Oh I think you understand.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:41 AM   #140
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
Oh I think you understand.
Please, enlighten me.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:42 AM   #141
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Well now that Coby is off the show someone has to do the dirty work
Old 05-01-2005, 07:03 PM   #142
kingfc22
Head Coach

Why is their a new episode airing right now at 5 PM PST???
Old 05-01-2005, 07:09 PM   #143
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Is it new? Or is it the one that aired this Thursday and your affiliate decided to re-air it because of the President's press conference.
Old 05-01-2005, 07:10 PM   #144
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
Is it new? Or is it the one that aired this Thursday and your affiliate decided to re-air it because of the President's press conference.

That could be it as I did miss this past Thursday's episode and my TIVO did not record it either.
Old 05-01-2005, 07:24 PM   #145
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Cold Case is on here, so it's probably just a re-run of the Thursday episode.
Old 05-01-2005, 07:57 PM   #146
Joe
Pro Starter

I have Cold Case here as well.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 09:46 AM   #147
SteelerFan448
High School JV

Smart move to vote Steph off. She had the potential to disrupt things. Katie should be next, what a waste.

I met Ian a couple of weeks ago. He is an extremely nice guy. I hope he wins.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:14 AM   #148
wade moore
lolzcat

i think this was a smart move for the guys, stupid for the girls..

Carin is an idiot to think that she will make it past next tribal council, perhaps the one after that.... the guys are going to pick these girls off one by one, with Jenn probably being the last standing...

I hated to see Stephanie go... I have watched every survivor so far, and Stephanie is probably by far my favorite (not because of looks, actually not my type at all)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 05:13 AM   #149
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Finally saw last week's episode and what Tom, Ian, and Caryn were able to do was freakin' brilliant. The reaction shots were great during that tribal council.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:54 AM   #150
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
Finally saw last week's episode and what Tom, Ian, and Caryn were able to do was freakin' brilliant. The reaction shots were great during that tribal council.

Greg sayin "you guys are good" just showed how much he never saw it coming. I agree, a brilliant move. I like how Ian and Tom asked each other if they'd be all right with picking a stone, knowing that the girl would probably freak out

FM