Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 11:57 AM   #101
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Mel Kiper's Hair
Sorry. How many posts do I need before I'm allowed to have an opinion?

157.82 and you need to be registered for at least 3 month. Send a blood sample to Skydog, and a urine sample to Fritz (I don't know why, he requested it). Also, you will have to endure a body cavaty inspetion by Kodos. He has long tentacles, so prepare yourself.

After that, just a fingerprinting, a retina scan, and a family history going back 7 generations should do it.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Old 05-08-2003, 11:58 AM   #102
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by CHEMICAL SOLDIER
It's sad how some people out there ruined a man's life .....sick people nowadays .

Wow, I think that if any of this is true, he is the only one to blame for his predicament.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Old 05-08-2003, 12:02 PM   #103
Jets80
High School Varsity

Go post about 100 times in the thread killer thread. That will give you some creditablity,
Old 05-08-2003, 12:12 PM   #104
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally posted by BFleming
I know I haven't posted on here a lot so I don't expect to single-handedly prove this is bullshit on my word alone...but again, explain to me why you post at the rwbl forum after months there w/o so much as a peep, then when you do post, you make a comment about a skin, showing no sorrow whatsoever about being fired, especially considering his history in that league...i'm sorry if he did get fired, but give me a break...

Just out of curiousity, is it possible for you to see the IP he posted from?

Last edited by Samdari : 05-08-2003 at 12:12 PM.
Old 05-08-2003, 12:17 PM   #105
Ryan S
Quarterback

I think this is another one of Hornmaniac's lies. And I think this one might have backfired on him.

If this is the same email I was told about yesterday, Horns wanted the email to be leaked to various members of the forum in an attempt to smear Skydog's name.
Old 05-08-2003, 12:36 PM   #106
bbor
Pro Starter

I smell Kaka

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
Old 05-08-2003, 12:42 PM   #107
Frozenrope
Mascot

Quote:
Originally posted by Jets80

Dude, Your getting fired !!!!!!

Hahahahaha

whatever you think of the sit-e-ation, this is pretty funny.
Old 05-08-2003, 12:42 PM   #108
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

What a disturbed person.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Old 05-08-2003, 12:45 PM   #109
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Hey Senator, not to threadjack, but do you ever check your PM's anymore? I left you one a few days ago.
Old 05-08-2003, 12:47 PM   #110
Senator

Let me check it here in a second. But to answer your question. No, I have slacked off a little on it. I know I have a few but I just get in a hurry and forget to check them.

Threadjacker!
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Old 05-08-2003, 12:52 PM   #111
JeeberD
General Manager

I also call bullshit. He has in no way done anything to earn our trust, so I'mnot going to give him any.

I can see another e-mail to SkyDog coming in a week or two:

"This is Kyle's wife. I found out about this place from a note in his wallet. I wanted to let you know that Kyle has killed himself, leaving me and our unborn child without a husband and father. He was distraught after losing his job, and just couldn't handle it anymore. IT"S ALL YOUR FAULT!!!! This "little community" has ruined my and my child's life...blah, blah, blah, etc, etc etc..."

He's never given us a reason to trust him, why start now?

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO

Last edited by JeeberD : 05-08-2003 at 12:56 PM.
Old 05-08-2003, 12:54 PM   #112
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

I very possibly may be the only person who feels this way right now, but maybe it is time to take a break, not only from FOFC, but from the Computer entirely for a while..

I know a lot of my fellow FOFC'ers may not believe what HM shared with SkyDog but I have no reason to think the man is not telling the truth. Personally, I find it completely disgusting if a fellow member of this board decided to take matters into his own hands and get in contact with HM's Employer in regards to anything to do with what goes on on this or any other Internet Message Board and HM's involvement with it... Someone has obviously got some serious personal issues if all of this is in fact true, which again I have no reason to believe that it is not.

I consider this board as a bit of a Brotherhood between us all.. I know I'll probably never meet any of you in person but I do feel as if I know some of you fairly well and consider some of my fellow FOFC'ers to be friends of mine, in a computer age/technology sort of way.. I enjoy the heck out of this board. Over the past year or so I'd say the time I've spent at this site easily doubles, heck maybe even triples the amount of time I've spent at any other place on the web..

But, after saying all of that, I do believe it's time for a break.. I spend all day at work in front of a Computer Monitor, and it does wear on you a bit. I'm ready to basically boycott the Laptop at home for a while. There's so much time that I could be spending doing other things, what they are I'm not exactly sure, but defintely something or another. I think this whole personal conflict (to put it modestly) HM has brought to our attention has just reinterated the thoughts in my mind that it is time to put FOFC to the side for a while. I'm sure it will still be here when I return (insert sarcastic smilie here).

But let me also add, and I'm being as sincere as I can be when I say this... This Board is the Best, and you guys, my fellow FOFC'ers, are what makes this so.. Thank You to those of you out there who put this site together and helped make it what it is today: In my opinion, THE place for great discussion on pretty much any topic out there, sports, current events, history, personal issues, (I could go on and on..), with insightful opinions and information from just good to honest good people who I've got a lot of respect for.

We'll see ya soon.. and hey, if you don't hear it for a while, remember "It's All About the Black & Gold!! UCF!! UCF!! UCF!!"

Later Guys!!
Old 05-08-2003, 01:06 PM   #113
Franklinnoble
Banned

Eh... you'll be back.
Old 05-08-2003, 01:14 PM   #114
RonnieDobbs
High School JV

Don't be gone too long MK, and go enjoy that PVB weather a bit.

Proud Manager of the BOSTON WYCKYD SCEPTRE
Also attempting to Right The Ship with the Clippers
Old 05-08-2003, 01:15 PM   #115
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

If he needs a job, I have a few lawns he could mow, no benifits but decent pay.
Old 05-08-2003, 01:21 PM   #116
Senator

We will miss your 5.27 posts a day.

Old 05-08-2003, 01:33 PM   #117
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Say hello to Darkiller
Old 05-08-2003, 01:46 PM   #118
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I love when people announce that they are leaving a message board. I think they are the same people that arrange their own birthday parties.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Old 05-08-2003, 01:52 PM   #119
scooper
College Benchwarmer

MK's announcement wasn't anything like the "I'm taking my ball and going home" threads we've seen before. It reads more to me like he realized some perspective and will be taking a break. Notice he said he'd be back. There are a number of folks here who would wonder about him if he disappeared so now they know.

MK's post was not a crybaby "I'm leaving" post.
Old 05-08-2003, 01:52 PM   #120
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Malificent
Once again, the ante has been upped. I agree with Marm - I call bullshit. For one thing, that dialogue is total crap.

Yeesh, that's bad. Noone talks like that. It reads like a really cheesy novel. Which, in a lot of respects, the whole Hornsmaniac saga has been. And in any cheesy novel, you have to have the overly melodramatic ending, I guess.

I just picture "Kyle" laughing his head off at all the reaction he's caused.

I can tell you what i believe, and that is that he could not care less about the guys on this board. So to say hes trying to get attention to me is plain idiotic. I believe his story, because he is banned i see no reason for him to lie...i know that there are other members on this board who work for dell, and i know some of them don't like horns. Im sorry, i have seen some people ride him, which isn't cool, but to go to this extreme is sick...makes me rethink a lot of things ive said on this board...

All of you like marmel and samdari...you never liked him, so you saying you don't agree is just typical...im sorry, but this is simply sad.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Old 05-08-2003, 01:55 PM   #121
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by scooper
MK's announcement wasn't anything like the "I'm taking my ball and going home" threads we've seen before. It reads more to me like he realized some perspective and will be taking a break. Notice he said he'd be back. There are a number of folks here who would wonder about him if he disappeared so now they know.

MK's post was not a crybaby "I'm leaving" post.

You have a point there, I probably shouldn't have lumped MK in with the Darkiller crowd. Sorry about that.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Old 05-08-2003, 02:01 PM   #122
astralhaze
College Prospect

I have no idea if this is true or not since it is on the internet and HM isn't exactly mr. honesty, but I can tell you for sure that it would be very very difficult to get in touch with his boss. I work for Dell and the only contact we will give out to customers on the phone (besides our own) is by mail and it is Dell legal. To a)find out what department he worked for and where b)who his boss is and c)how to get in touch with his boss would be extremely difficult. I am sure it could be done but it would be very hard and the person would need to be very determined to screw Horns over. Somehow I doubt anyone here would be that concerned about it.
Old 05-08-2003, 02:06 PM   #123
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade6119
I can tell you what i believe, and that is that he could not care less about the guys on this board. So to say hes trying to get attention to me is plain idiotic. I believe his story, because he is banned i see no reason for him to lie...i know that there are other members on this board who work for dell, and i know some of them don't like horns. Im sorry, i have seen some people ride him, which isn't cool, but to go to this extreme is sick...makes me rethink a lot of things ive said on this board...

All of you like marmel and samdari...you never liked him, so you saying you don't agree is just typical...im sorry, but this is simply sad.

That makes very little sense to me. I said above if it was true, it is pretty dick for somebody to do that to him. I also said I don't believe the story.

What am I not agreeing with exactly, and what does me not liking him have to do with this really? Is it just as sad that you liked him and agreed with everything he said? Is that more or less sad? What's your point Blade?

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Old 05-08-2003, 02:10 PM   #124
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
clarification: I was not equating MK to darkiller. I was hinting that people that leave (for whatever reason) all go to the same place. sort of like heaven
Old 05-08-2003, 02:13 PM   #125
astralhaze
College Prospect

Also, someone asked about the Dell Code Of Conduct earlier. I am looking at it right now and while I will not quote it because I don't want to get fired, it says nothing about the things Horns mentioned. I am certain that posting on a message board constantly while at work would be a terminatable offense, but I still work here so there ya go.
Old 05-08-2003, 02:24 PM   #126
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by astralhaze
Also, someone asked about the Dell Code Of Conduct earlier. I am looking at it right now and while I will not quote it because I don't want to get fired, it says nothing about the things Horns mentioned. I am certain that posting on a message board constantly while at work would be a terminatable offense, but I still work here so there ya go.
Astral, could you do us a favor? Could you call up every single person who works at Dell, say "Is that you HornsManiac?", and see if they slip up and say "Yes".

It would confirm whether his story is true or not. Maybe you could do it on your lunch hour.
Old 05-08-2003, 02:24 PM   #127
Butter
Coordinator

So, in a few weeks will Mrs. astralhaze be crying with an unborn baby in her about your termination?

Lemme call your supervisor and find out...
Old 05-08-2003, 02:25 PM   #128
Butter
Coordinator

Dola....

I forgot that number, is that 957-239-4035?

Or 258-972-1069?

Help me out here, I used to have it on file... or something....
Old 05-08-2003, 02:28 PM   #129
astralhaze
College Prospect

LOL

It's 1-800-624-9896

Just ask for astral or holyroller, they will know who you are talking about. If they try to play dumb ask to speak to a supervisor.
Old 05-08-2003, 02:40 PM   #130
Franklinnoble
Banned

Call 1-800-328-4475
Old 05-08-2003, 02:41 PM   #131
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
I can tell you what i believe, and that is that he could not care less about the guys on this board.
So why has he kept trying to get messages to us after being banned?

Quote:
So to say hes trying to get attention to me is plain idiotic.
You are right, there is simply no evidence that HM ever did anything just to be the center of attention.

Quote:
I believe his story, because he is banned i see no reason for him to lie...
And how would this ban make him less likely to lie? If he liked to lie in the past, and then act like a martyr when he got called on it, and enjoy watching everyone's reaction, why would banning take away that impulse? Especially since he has found a way to still do exactly the same thing.

Quote:
I have nothing against him. I don't even know him. I do know he was a troll who constantly invented conspiracies against him, with an apparent eye towards getting attention. He worked tirelessly to get people here to alternately worship or feel sorry for him.

I do agree that if someone went to the lengths to contact his employer that would be crappy. As astral has pointed out, it would be extremely difficult for anyone to get a contact number. In fact, even he forgot to write into his script where the woman who fired him told him that someone outside the company tipped them off to the behavior of his "persona".

How do you think that went? Someone called a Dell sales number, and asked for HornsManiac's supervisor. Who? Well, I think his name is Kyle, and he knows Kevin. Sorry, can't help you. It's ludicrous to even conceive that that could have happened. People just don't get fired from anonymous tips.

When did we stop teaching people how to think rationally?

As far as why someone might be fired for doing what he did? Well, most of us here are under the impression that if we get caught posting at work, we'll get a slap on the wrist, and then be monitored closely. If we posted stuff on company time, from company assets, that objectified women in a manner that could be considered offensive, it would likely be considered the same as saying those things to a co worker. In that case, bye, bye.
Old 05-08-2003, 02:43 PM   #132
Dutch
"Dutch"

Well, I'm just glad that all my enemies around here are leftist tree-hugging pacifists...

Old 05-08-2003, 02:47 PM   #133
korme
Go Reds

HM actually talked to me about it yesterday.. I believe it is true what happened, he seemed pretty upset about it on the internet..
Old 05-08-2003, 02:51 PM   #134
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryan S
I think this is another one of Hornmaniac's lies. And I think this one might have backfired on him.

If this is the same email I was told about yesterday, Horns wanted the email to be leaked to various members of the forum in an attempt to smear Skydog's name.

different email
Old 05-08-2003, 02:52 PM   #135
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Shorty3281
he seemed pretty upset about it on the internet..

This is the funniest line yet!
Old 05-08-2003, 02:55 PM   #136
Senator

I miss being young a VERY naive.

Old 05-08-2003, 02:57 PM   #137
korme
Go Reds

Take a shot because I said I believed him. Damn, no one else has done that, have they?
Old 05-08-2003, 02:57 PM   #138
JeeberD
General Manager

Anybody else find it funny that the majority of the HM defenders are in the 17 and under crowd?

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
Old 05-08-2003, 02:58 PM   #139
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
different email

So, there was a different e-mail he wanted to send to various members of the forum in an attempt to smear Skydog's name?

This will earn him lots of points here.

Do me a favor, next time you talk to him, tell him to e-mail the 4 people who give a shit about him, and leave the rest of us out of it. He's been banned, rightly, and if he got fired because he can't keep his posting habits under control, it's his own fault. No one believes this crap anyway.
Old 05-08-2003, 02:59 PM   #140
SnowMan
High School Varsity

Why does that conversation with the VP sound eerily like the Matrix to me?

"Mr Anderson..........."

Perhaps it's just cause Reloaded is a week away....
Old 05-08-2003, 03:02 PM   #141
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally posted by JeeberD
Anybody else find it funny that the majority of the HM defenders are in the 17 and under crowd?

What the fuck is your deal? Did you read my post? I didn't 'defend' anything, I just said I believe it, like many others have said.
Old 05-08-2003, 03:04 PM   #142
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally posted by Butter_of_69
So, there was a different e-mail he wanted to send to various members of the forum in an attempt to smear Skydog's name?

This will earn him lots of points here.

Do me a favor, next time you talk to him, tell him to e-mail the 4 people who give a shit about him, and leave the rest of us out of it. He's been banned, rightly, and if he got fired because he can't keep his posting habits under control, it's his own fault. No one believes this crap anyway.

It's not like I was supporting him. He IMed me, what am I going to do, not respond? I'm not an asshole and I'm nice to everyone (unless someone throws shit my way), so I talked to him dude. I mostly said yes and sure and I'm sorry and things like that bc I was afraid he might twist the story around and try to say I said something bad about someone and make me look like a bad guy. All I did was fucking talk to him man, so everyone needs to quit giving me shit because he happened to know my IM name.
Old 05-08-2003, 03:05 PM   #143
Anrhydeddu
Resident Curmudgeon

But Shorty, you have been constantly defending him over the past weeks. As much as beating this dead horse gets tiring, your naive act is getting tiring too. Imo.
Old 05-08-2003, 03:05 PM   #144
korme
Go Reds

k
Old 05-08-2003, 03:07 PM   #145
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by SnowMan
Why does that conversation with the VP sound eerily like the Matrix to me?

"Mr Anderson..........."

Perhaps it's just cause Reloaded is a week away....

"......one of these lives has a future....the other does NOT."
Old 05-08-2003, 03:07 PM   #146
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Take a shot because I said I believed him. Damn, no one else has done that, have they?

I'm willing to believe that he got fired, and if he did, then I would assume he is upset about it.

My problem is the reason(s) he is upset about it. He thinks someone here caused him to be fired. I think that's a big jump. He might have convinced himself that's the reason, but a company that tracks internet usage will know where you've been, and if they know where you've been, they can come up with some pretty specific information about your internet habits.

So I'm sure he's upset, but I'm not sure what that has to do with FOFC. He's simply putting together the fact that he was fired for posting here with his run-ins with certain members, and assuming that the latter was the cause of the former. I haven't seen anything to suggest that played any part in his dismissal.

If it's true that he was fired, I think it's simply bad luck. Millions of people surf the web at work, but whatever his particular circumstances were, he got fired for it. I feel bad for him in that sense (again, if it's true), but to blame people here without reason...
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 05-08-2003, 03:08 PM   #147
bbor
Pro Starter

HM gets what he wants if we argue and get upset at each other about him.

For this discussion to even last this long about him is prolly giving him the greatest satisfaction ever.

Let it die!

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
Old 05-08-2003, 03:09 PM   #148
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Bah. I think it's killing him that he can't respond to any of it.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 05-08-2003, 03:11 PM   #149
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally posted by Anrhydeddu
But Shorty, you have been constantly defending him over the past weeks. As much as beating this dead horse gets tiring, your naive act is getting tiring too. Imo.

I said K because I don't like arguing, but that response is shitty. I'm naive because I think what he said was true? Might not be 100% true as far as wording and what have you, but I think he did get fired. Steve, now it's your turn to go tell GrantDawg (only bc he was the VERY FIRST person to respond) to quit being naive and how tiring it is.

I defended him because I felt he should not be getting attacked. I did not defend him for any other reason but because I don't think anyone deserves to be flamed like that. Today, I said I believed him, that was that. Sorry, I guess that 'act' is too much for one day.
Old 05-08-2003, 03:20 PM   #150
Mel Kiper's Hair
Banned

What is wrong with you people? I can't believe what I'm reading.

Is there any way for me to get banned and have my username deleted? This is not a messageboard I want to be part of.
Closed Thread