Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-20-2009, 02:36 PM   #101
NewIdentity
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
These QBs who never get any hype until late in their senior seasons never turn out to be good NFL QBs.
This is idiotic. I can give you a mile long list of great college QBs that never did jack in the NFL; yet had great college careers.
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
Michael Jordan
NewIdentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 02:36 PM   #102
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Having the only game on TV be Raiders-Chiefs is some cruel form of torture. JaMarcus Russel is freaking terrible, and the Chiefs have made some absolutely ridiculous decisions. 1st down inside the 15 with 12 seconds left in the half, no timeouts in a tie game, and you throw it short of the endzone over the middle? Wow.

My prediction for this next raiders possession: 2 runs for 5 yards and an incomplete pass

Last edited by Karlifornia : 09-20-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Karlifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 02:42 PM   #103
MikeVic
Head Coach

Does anyone else hate the change NFL.com made to the Game Center? I think it used to only show the current drive? I don't know what it is, but I don't like the way they currently have it. Also, there's serious lag time with the "Highlight" popups.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 02:42 PM   #104
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Somehow, watching JaMarcus in person makes him look worse than his stat line. And his line is 3/17 for 42 yards.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 02:42 PM   #105
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

horrible playcall there...wtf patriots
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 02:44 PM   #106
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Nice tackle by Larry Izzo for the Patriots...

Wait he isn't on the Patriots?

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 02:45 PM   #107
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewIdentity View Post
This is idiotic. I can give you a mile long list of great college QBs that never did jack in the NFL; yet had great college careers.

I guess I don't get your point.

JeMarcus Russell was never mentioned as a first round draft choice until late in his college career. Ryan Leaf, Vince Young, Akili Smith are the same.... none of them turn out to be decent NFL QBs.

I know there are a ton of good college QBs that don't have good NFL careers.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:45 PM   #108
NewIdentity
High School JV

What is with all the delay of game penalties on the Patriots today?
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
Michael Jordan
Old 09-20-2009, 02:46 PM   #109
King of New York
High School Varsity

Redskins stopped inside the Rams' 10-yard line for a fourth time, only no FG this time. Still, the Rams are in trouble--ball on their 5, no timeouts, 4th and 10.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:47 PM   #110
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

The Texans have been the trendy pick for what, three seasons now? They just can't seem to put it all together.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:48 PM   #111
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

JeMarcus Russell was never mentioned as a first round draft choice until late in his college career. Ryan Leaf, Vince Young, Akili Smith are the same.... none of them turn out to be decent NFL QBs.

Trying to find a rule when it comes to drafting is....difficult.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:49 PM   #112
NewIdentity
High School JV

5 minutes to go. What do you want to bet Brady goes 80yds?
Michael Jordan
Old 09-20-2009, 02:50 PM   #113
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
That was a rule I didn't know. The Texans punt returner called for a fair catch and muffed the catch. The Titans guy got the ball, but since he caught it before the ball hit the ground, it wasn't a fumble and recovery, it stayed the Texans ball and the Titans guy got a 15 yard penalty for catch interference.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 02:50 PM   #114
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
5 minutes to go. What do you want to bet Brady goes 80yds?

The board is going really slow for me (I hit reply when this drive started and it is now 3rd and 10) but I would have taken the bet that he doesn't. The Jets have done a great job defensively and there is no reason to think their defense is going to let down now.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 02:51 PM   #115
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
My prediction for this next raiders possession: 2 runs for 5 yards and an incomplete pass

Or maybe the 3rd drop of the day for the very fast Heyward-Bey
Northwood_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 02:53 PM   #116
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
The Texans have been the trendy pick for what, three seasons now? They just can't seem to put it all together.

They are scaring the shit out of us today. I am surprised at how crappy the Titans D is playing today and also how well the offense is going.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 02:54 PM   #117
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

THE RAIDERS HAVE JUST COMPLETED A PASS!!

I DON'T BELIEVE WHAT I JUST SAW!!
Old 09-20-2009, 02:59 PM   #118
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Pats played like ass today. Jets D played well. Their offense was nothing special at all, but their defense did the job it needed to do and the Pats sucked on both sides of the ball.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:08 PM   #119
NewIdentity
High School JV

Quote:
JeMarcus Russell was never mentioned as a first round draft choice until late in his college career.
What in the hell are you talking about? Russell came out as a Junior. Nobody was talking about his as a Freshman, but his sophmore season he went 10-1 in the SEC and he followed that up with a 10-2 Junior season. Should have been contending for the Heisman his senior season. He did win the Manning Award in 2006 as a Junior.

But, your right, nobody was talking about him his senior year in High School or his freshman year in college.
Michael Jordan
Old 09-20-2009, 03:12 PM   #120
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

AFC East could be open again this year, the Pats looked poor again. I'm starting to worry about the Jets though.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 03:18 PM   #121
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Oh, jeez. Packers recover onside kick........Bengals going to be Bungals again?
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 03:18 PM   #122
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

So happy.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 03:18 PM   #123
NewIdentity
High School JV

Why is 0-2 so bad? LAst year 3 teams who started 0-2 last year made the playoffs.

So, I don't get why all these broadcasters are running around calling every game a must win. Right now for me it is the Steeler game and they are acting like the world is going to come to an end of the Bears lose and go to 0-2.
Michael Jordan
Old 09-20-2009, 03:21 PM   #124
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

All the way down to the 10 yard line for the Packers where it looks like a false start might end the game.... lol
Old 09-20-2009, 03:21 PM   #125
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Packers offensive line is horrible looking so far. They are officially crap to me until they prove otherwise. Odom with 20 sacks or so today, and with Clifton going out at LT you can question the decision to not have an active backup at tackle.

Defense was bad except Woodson. Rodgers looked worse the more hits he took.

In the end the Bengals still gave them a chance. Just not enough time to erase all the craptacularness.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:24 PM   #126
Bitter Jets Fan
n00b

Nice start for the Jets!!!
Bitter Jets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 03:30 PM   #127
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
*sighs* Pats needed to convert on their first half chances...somebody woke Mark Sanchez up at halftime

It was you with your jinx earlier

Anyway, the hole in the Patriots offense this season that the Bills exploited early last week and the Jets exploited all day today is that Brady is NOT accurate under pressure right now. He's missing a lot of throws. The receivers need to get over their dropsies as well, but Brady is missing a lot of open guys right now if he feels much pressure at all.

Give Ryan credit for continuing to pressure and avoid the "prevent" down the stretch there. And Sanchez definitely made some key throws.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:31 PM   #128
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

GORE BABY! AND HE'S ON MY FANTASY TEAM!
Old 09-20-2009, 03:32 PM   #129
NewIdentity
High School JV

3 and out for the Bears, and then the Steelers go 92 yards in 8 minutes for the TD.

Cutler is going to implode today.
Michael Jordan

Last edited by NewIdentity : 09-20-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:35 PM   #130
Tigercat
College Starter

This year's Saints offense will be one of the NFL's best ever if Bell or Thomas can stay healthy. If not, it will just be one of the best this year. Regardless, scoring at will at Philly is a great accomplishment.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 03:48 PM   #131
SackAttack
Head Coach

How the hell many false starts did the Packers get nailed with today? I'm not sure if Odom had more sacks than the Packers had false starts, but it's got to be close.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 03:55 PM   #132
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Give Ryan credit for continuing to pressure and avoid the "prevent" down the stretch there. And Sanchez definitely made some key throws.

Rex Ryan is a coach who gets it. If you are shutting down a team because of constant pressure, you don't ease up at the end.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:19 PM   #133
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

So Packer fans, who was Odom up against? Five sacks for a guy that only had 3.5 last year? I know he's in far better shape this year, but do you have a real stiff on your OL?
Old 09-20-2009, 04:55 PM   #134
Radii
Head Coach

norv turner just sent out the FG team on 3rd and goal from the 5 with 10 seconds left in the half... that has to be the weakest decision i've ever seen in a football game.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:12 PM   #135
flounder
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
That was a rule I didn't know. The Texans punt returner called for a fair catch and muffed the catch. The Titans guy got the ball, but since he caught it before the ball hit the ground, it wasn't a fumble and recovery, it stayed the Texans ball and the Titans guy got a 15 yard penalty for catch interference.

You'd have known if you had read this thread. (I didn't know either).
flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:32 PM   #136
RendeR
Coordinator

This thread fails today. 3 pages? wake up you SLACKERS!

Haven't watched the Bengals/Packers game yet, saw the results but I want to see everything anyway =)
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:57 PM   #137
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:

False. Many who truly know about college football talked about him having first pick talent for years. LSU didn't get pub in 2005 because the team was overshadowed by Saban's departure the year before and Katrina. Jamarcus was solid that year (his sophomore year.) Jamarcus took the next step and had the best year passing in college football in 2006. (With Quinn right there as well.)

Russell was a huge (heh) talent making a good amount of plays in 2005, just because some aspects of the national media didn't pay attention to him then, doesn't mean anything. Those lazy journalists that make up much of national sports writers started paying attention only when LSU won a BCS game under Russell in 2006.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:08 PM   #138
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

What a game by the Niners. Good to see them show up today and put in a well-rounded performance. Clements was just everywhere today!
Old 09-20-2009, 06:12 PM   #139
Bad-example
College Starter

49ers were strong today. Gore was a beast and Clements was superb.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:16 PM   #140
Travis
Pro Rookie

Nice win for the Niners. Really wish the Seahawks would get a new training staff though, down 6+ opening day starters now Was kind of hoping that this year would go a bit smoother after the injuries last year, not looking so promising right now.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:29 PM   #141
Atocep
Coordinator

Man, that Cutler guy imploded. What a terrible quarterback.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:43 PM   #142
yacovfb
H.S. Freshman Team

Chargers go the whole game relying on Rivers and with the game on the line (4th and 2) they run the ball up the gut with Sproles and he gets stuffed. Game over. I didn't think Norv could top the decision to kick the FG on 3rd down but he somehow managed to with this playcall. Quite a shame
yacovfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:47 PM   #143
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Vikes-9ers next week. Should be a good one. Glad its at the dome.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:54 PM   #144
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
3 and out for the Bears, and then the Steelers go 92 yards in 8 minutes for the TD.

Cutler is going to implode today.

Noonan.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:03 PM   #145
RainRaven
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by yacovfb View Post
Chargers go the whole game relying on Rivers and with the game on the line (4th and 2) they run the ball up the gut with Sproles and he gets stuffed. Game over. I didn't think Norv could top the decision to kick the FG on 3rd down but he somehow managed to with this playcall. Quite a shame

I absolutely agree. I was on the edge of my seat hoping the Ravens would stop the Chargers. I figured on 4th down they would throw to Chambers or Vincent since the secondary had been picked on all day long. I loved the moves Norv made because they made no sense. The Chargers will never win the big games with him as head coach.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:20 PM   #146
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Gag at the Cowboys' Stadium being compared to the Wonders of the World.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:24 PM   #147
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post

seriously. if anything it's a monument to american-excess
Old 09-20-2009, 07:25 PM   #148
JS19
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post

Seriously, that was pathetic.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:29 PM   #149
JS19
College Prospect

well, that was about the shittiest broadcast of a national anthem
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:39 PM   #150
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of New York View Post
Portis runs straight into the line twice, and then on 3rd down Santana Moss (!) throws over Chris Cooley's head.
For the life of me I can't figure out why teams run these WR passes inside the red zone. It's one thing at midfield where a blown coverage will get you a long TD, but the poor accuracy kills you once you're inside the 10 and dealing with a compressed field.
Quote:
These QBs who never get any hype until late in their senior seasons never turn out to be good NFL QBs.
Matt Ryan? Joe Flacco?
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote