Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-28-2007, 07:13 PM   #101
cuervo72
Head Coach

Well, some folks still think they are still cheating in some manner.

(Heck, those "problems" the NFL has had with devices messing with their communications systems in stadiums? I wouldn't put it past the Pats - or other organizations - having someone placed in or around various stadiums tapping into the signals.)
Old 10-28-2007, 07:13 PM   #102
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
It doesn't annoy me cause it's true(played almost ZERO part in their run). It annoys me because I thought it'd be a third page story for two days when it broke.

It should have been, but I was wrong. I hate being reminded of that.

You're right that that story had way more legs than it deserved. But one thing out of it that was deserved was the bashing of Belichek's arrogance for even choosing to do it. He shouldn't have lost wages. He should have been suspended.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:14 PM   #103
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I know we all do this with our teams (I certainly do with my teams), but I find it more prevalent with NE fans.

Speak for yourself - the Philly teams are a bunch of dumbfucks.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:15 PM   #104
markprior22
High School Varsity

I'm a diehard Dallas fan and, while I'm not saying anything many others haven't thought, I want to say that I think the Pats are tremendous and the best football team I've ever seen. I don't have any ill feelings toward them (as sometimes happens in sports), I just sit back and watch them roll. Truly amazing.
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:15 PM   #105
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Speak for yourself - the Philly teams are a bunch of dumbfucks.

lmao...I'll bet you would more fervently support your teams if they had won a major championship since 1983.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:16 PM   #106
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22 View Post
I'm a diehard Dallas fan and, while I'm not saying anything many others haven't thought, I want to say that I think the Pats are tremendous and the best football team I've ever seen. I don't have any ill feelings toward them (as sometimes happens in sports), I just sit back and watch them roll. Truly amazing.

Oh agreed. The Pats are an amazing football team.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:19 PM   #107
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Well, some folks still think they are still cheating in some manner.

I'm sure they are, like every team.

Last edited by jeff061 : 10-28-2007 at 07:19 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:21 PM   #108
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Pats beat down the Skins like they were the Wolverines vs BU

Ouch...and touche.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:27 PM   #109
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22 View Post

I agree as well. Watching the Pats is pretty much everything i wish my team was. Alot of the Pats fans up here are annoying and know less about their team's history than I do as an outsider, but watching the team on the field is pretty much what I wish my team was.

I think all of the people who keep bringing up the silly video camera thing are equally as annoying as the Pats fans are though, especially since the commisioner already stated that the act of video taping isn't what the violation was (all teams do that), it was just having it on the sidelines instead of like one row back.

Hopefully everyone will stop bringing that stupid thing up and get back to focus and think about the amazing game that we are in store for next week.. clearly the two best teams providing a litmus test to see exactly how good each are.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:29 PM   #110
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Honestly, not sure why we bother to respond. My impression (which may not be borne out in reality, but it certainly is in the media and on this board) is that New England fans are rather myopic and biased toward their teams, and get really defensive when their teams are criticized. Their teams can do no wrong. They don't cheat. They don't run up scores. They are always justified, whatever they do. They are destined by God to win, and if they don't, they are cursed. They can hotdog, stare their homeruns out of the park, pump their fists, and it's all good. Because they're the Red Sox/Pats/Celtics/Bruins (even BC now), they are angels from Heaven, they worship their mothers, regularly visit the confessional and almost all of them don't have kids out of wedlock with supermodels.
Reading a lot of Bill Simmons lately?
Old 10-28-2007, 07:38 PM   #111
RedKingGold
College Starter

Bah, it's all cylical. Funny that everyone forgets the Patriot's dynasties of the 1980's.

As a 49er's fan, I'm taking my punishment now for that same decade.

Last edited by RedKingGold : 10-28-2007 at 07:39 PM.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:40 PM   #112
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Bah, it's all cylical. Funny that everyone forgets the Patriot's dynasties of the 1980's.

As a 49er's fan, I'm taking my punishment now for that same decade.

As a life long Falcons fan, I hope the 49ers have another 2-3 decades of punishment for what they did to me in the 1980s
Old 10-28-2007, 07:44 PM   #113
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
As a life long Falcons fan, I hope the 49ers have another 2-3 decades of punishment for what they did to me in the 1980s

As a former LA Rams fan, I'm right there with you.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:45 PM   #114
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
How are you Steelers fans feeling about your new coach at 5-2 so far? Or is it just one of those cruise control gigs right now?

It's difficult to say at this point. I think alot of people like him because it's a new voice. And in un-Cowher-like fashion, he at least tried to explain his thinking of not running against a terrible Denver rush D last week. And, at least it appears, he's letting the assts do their jobs (Lebeau definitely, Arians alot anyways) and not getting his nose in everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
The fake spike strikes again!

edit: That gives Randy Moss the Patriots record for most TD receptions in a season.

Quote:
I'm sure they are, like every team.

Has been Moss been called for an offensive PI yet this year? Not taking anything away from him-great player and is interested now that his winning--but every replay I see each week of him getting a jump ball in the endzone, he pushes off.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:45 PM   #115
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Reading a lot of Bill Simmons lately?

Ha! Actually, no, I don't usually check out Simmons unless someone posts about him here with a link.

But it's different when he's saying it. He's just beating himself up.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:51 PM   #116
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Has been Moss been called for an offensive PI yet this year? Not taking anything away from him-great player and is interested now that his winning--but every replay I see each week of him getting a jump ball in the endzone, he pushes off.

Yeah. He got called for a phantom one in the end zone last week. I didn't complain then, it all evens out.

Last edited by jeff061 : 10-28-2007 at 07:51 PM.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:54 PM   #117
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Like I've said before, I think Bill is pissed off about the whole taping incident and the blow to the credibility of the team. I think this motivation will have him playing his starters in week 16 and 17 even if they have the playoff seed wrapped up if they have a chance of going undefeated, which I think they will end up doing.

Agreed 100%. If you listened to the ex-coaches who are now broadcasters, they blew it off as well. I think Bill was willing to take the immediate credibility goal and pay his fine for breaking the rule, but when players and media started attacking the 3 Super Bowls, that was it for anyone they played the rest of the season. I would not be surprised if this was his last year, but before he bows out he wants as many of the following as possible:
  • one more Super Bowl
  • an MVP for Brady
  • Brady to break as many passing records as possible
  • single-season scoring record
  • undefeated season
As for talk of running up the score, there are plenty of examples of teams overcoming 4+ TD deficits in the fourth quarter. Heck, they were getting blasted for it last week while Houston was busy overcoming a large deficit (and the Pats scored exactly 7 points in the second half last week). This week may well have been Bill going "THIS is what it looks like when we run up the score. Now STFU and let me get back to winning football games."
Old 10-28-2007, 07:56 PM   #118
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
"THIS is what it looks like when we run up the score. Now STFU and let me get back to winning football games."

Ha, that's what I was thinking, he's an ass like that.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:15 PM   #119
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Ha, that's what I was thinking, he's an ass like that.

It's clear that something is different this season. In the past he's been known to take a knee deep in opposing territory when up. Not this season...
Old 10-28-2007, 08:20 PM   #120
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I don't see him leaving though. He's signed for too long and he's not a Parcells type. This team still has too much in the tank, people like to say they mortgaged their future for this year, but that's simply not true by any stretch. I'm more concerned about Pioli leaving, though I am curious what effect his departure would have.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:37 PM   #121
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I love what Belichick and the Pats are doing this year (Broncos fan, for what its worth). The Eff-You TD's are hilarious to watch, and I'm eager to see what kind of numbers Brady can put up (only part of which is the fact that I have Brady in my FFL, the other part is that I just love to see the crazy-good offense they are displaying).
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:19 AM   #122
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

The "good" Colts never "ran up the score." It happens all the time. And someone actually thinks it's classier to kick a FG when up by 40 points rather than giving the opposing defense an opportunity to stop them?!

Anyways, there's no such thing as running up the score in professional football.

Did no one notice that the reserves played the last 9 minutes or so of the game?
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:00 AM   #123
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
I refuse to believe that the Lions could actually be 5-2.

It just isn't possible.

So is there a good Brian Griese and a bad Brian Griese? Four INTs, three in the end zone?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:03 AM   #124
rkmsuf
Head Coach

this run up the score stuff is nonsense. not only do the losing players sound like douchebags but this is pro sports bro. hey washington...stop someone and there is less score put up against you.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:19 AM   #125
Butter
Coordinator

That wasn't running up the score.

Running up the score was when Sam Wyche's Cincinnati Bengals ran an onside kick (successfully) against Jerry Glanville's Houston Oilers, up 45-0 in the 3rd quarter of a game in 1989. Bengals won that game 61-7. That was hatred, and running up the score.

This was just the Pats running their offense. Why should they stop running their offense just because the Redskins can't stop it?

I hate Belichick and most of the smug Pats fans, but this team is an absolute juggernaut. Joyful, yet terrifying to behold. Now that Brady has some real weapons, he will be MVP. He deserves it, honestly. I wish I could close my eyes and we would be starting the next NFL season in September, 2008, because the Super Bowl this year will be New England vs. Indianapolis in the AFC title game, and everyone else is just going through the motions.

Last edited by Butter : 10-29-2007 at 08:19 AM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:24 AM   #126
rkmsuf
Head Coach

I found it humerous that the Redskins went two minute offense, the Pats let them score and then they went onside kick. Gibbs is a master of building confidence when the other team isn't trying. I did enjoy how he left Clinton Porkus in there to suffer the 4th quarter though.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:24 AM   #127
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
this run up the score stuff is nonsense. not only do the losing players sound like douchebags but this is pro sports bro. hey washington...stop someone and there is less score put up against you.

I agree with you and have always had this position. I am surprised that this is such a popular opinion today though. My perception has always been that the majority of sports fans take the position that it is wrong.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:30 AM   #128
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I agree with you and have always had this position. I am surprised that this is such a popular opinion today though. My perception has always been that the majority of sports fans take the position that it is wrong.

I mean how much of a douchebag does Randall Godfrey sound like? He hopes to see the Pats again? LOL, NE would love it.

Waaaaaaaa, stop scoring on us.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:40 AM   #129
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinatieri for Prez View Post
The "good" Colts never "ran up the score." It happens all the time. And someone actually thinks it's classier to kick a FG when up by 40 points rather than giving the opposing defense an opportunity to stop them?!

Anyways, there's no such thing as running up the score in professional football.

Did no one notice that the reserves played the last 9 minutes or so of the game?

What I found funny though was that it was 38-0, and Brady was obviously pissed when the team had the procedure penalty down there. Dammit it's only 38-0! WTF are you doing moving before the snap! Then they passed to Welker for the TD, and he jumped up and down like they'd just taken the lead. If that puts you up by 44 (pending PAT), just give the ball back to the ref.

And what was with Colvin (?) motioning to the crowd in a blowout wanting to get props for making a play (and then waving them off when he didn't get it)? Since when do Pats players do that?
Old 10-29-2007, 08:49 AM   #130
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What I found funny though was that it was 38-0, and Brady was obviously pissed when the team had the procedure penalty down there. Dammit it's only 38-0! WTF are you doing moving before the snap! Then they passed to Welker for the TD, and he jumped up and down like they'd just taken the lead. If that puts you up by 44 (pending PAT), just give the ball back to the ref.

And what was with Colvin (?) motioning to the crowd in a blowout wanting to get props for making a play (and then waving them off when he didn't get it)? Since when do Pats players do that?

I actually think he should get upset when they have procedural penalties. That is the type of thing that no team should ever have regardless of the score. You practice every day of the week to get rid of those type of things, a blow out game is no different. I think if I was a Pats fan I would be happy to see Brady get mad at that.

The other stuff I agree with, of course I'm not a big fan of showboating atheletes regardless of the score though. The only thing dumber than what you mentioned is when a Defensive tackle makes a sack and shows off for the crowd even though his team is down by 20 or something. As far as I am concerned, all of that is just dumb.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:51 AM   #131
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Dola,

My team that I work on has individuals in Chicago, Dallas, New England and the majority at our corp headquarters in New York.. Right now the emails going around this morning from the New England members of my team help illustrate everything that people hate about New England sports fans
Old 10-29-2007, 08:59 AM   #132
Daimyo
College Starter

Would be quite a shame for Brady to get injured going for his fifth touchdown of the day...
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:01 AM   #133
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:

I didn't see the Colvin (or whoever) play, so I can't comment on that, but...

Regardless of the score, a team is expected to execute. Procedure penalties are bad penalties. No quarterback should ever, ever excuse his teammates for that. A lack of focus is inexcusable, no matter what the score is. Also, the touchdown to Welker was only for, what, 2 yards? It's not like they were throwing the ball 20 to 30 yards downfield on every play. I guess a lot of people think that if you're up by 38 points, that you're required to run the ball on the opponent's 2-yard-line, but I don't agree with that. It's only 2 yards. If the defense can't be bothered to play a real defense that close to the goal line, that's not the offense's fault. The offense has two choices: take a knee, or try to advance the football. With 9:00 to go, you don't take a knee, so you try to advance. When there are only 2 yards in front of you, why does it matter whether you run or pass?
Old 10-29-2007, 09:02 AM   #134
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinatieri for Prez View Post

Not only that, but with Kyle Brady hurt, their only TE was Marcellus Rivers, which forced them to run a lot of 3WR sets (according to ESPN).
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:05 AM   #135
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Well, Welker's TD did pull my opponent's fantasy team to within 6 of my team -- maybe he was celebrating that? The Redskins TD after that gave him the lead, too -- and put his QB, Jason Campbell, in positive points. Now I need 5 points out of my DeShawn Wynn or Selvin Young (whichever one I choose to start).
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:31 AM   #136
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

The line opened up today at:

New England -4.5
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:45 PM   #137
Aylmar
High School Varsity

Quote:

Or...do what your predecessors in the NFL would have done twenty years ago. Start taking cheap shots at people until you either hurt someone or feel like you've taken your revenge. The Pats are relying on their opponents remaining professional in this case (which is a good bet...they all make too much money now) and not taking Brady's knee late during one of those drives. I mean, hey, it's pro sports right? Sportsmanship doesn't matter. He's hurting you with his talent, knock him out of the game.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:48 PM   #138
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylmar View Post
Or...do what your predecessors in the NFL would have done twenty years ago. Start taking cheap shots at people until you either hurt someone or feel like you've taken your revenge. The Pats are relying on their opponents remaining professional in this case (which is a good bet...they all make too much money now) and not taking Brady's knee late during one of those drives. I mean, hey, it's pro sports right? Sportsmanship doesn't matter. He's hurting you with his talent, knock him out of the game.

I would think folks try to. And if that's the type of revenge that these people want then they truely are losers and deserve to be scored on every possession.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:04 PM   #139
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylmar View Post

True dat. Old style NFL justice was when someone was showing you up, you take 'em out. Not sure old Beli would like that kind of justice.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:06 PM   #140
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
True dat. Old style NFL justice was when someone was showing you up, you take 'em out. Not sure old Beli would like that kind of justice.

you guys are wacked out

give me some examples of this
Old 10-29-2007, 02:26 PM   #141
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

I know we all do this with our teams (I certainly do with my teams), but I find it more prevalent with NE fans. The longtime standard for insufferable fans for me used to be the New York Yankees fans I had met. But they have been far surpassed by New England fans I have met or heard from in the past few years.

Like I said, it might be I was unfortunate in what fans from that area I have met. But that's the impression I have.

I wanted to quote CR here and bring some attention back to this.

In 2001 Telle and I moved to the Boston, MA suburbs. We really didn't notice much about the sports teams other than a few drunk hockey fans that got put in their place with a well placed gravity joke.

Joke:
Spoiler

But following the playof run towards their first Super Bowl, I was actually rooting FOR them. I was right there with the long suffering fans hoping they would take it all. When they did we were all quite happy together.

Then something just sorta went..*snap*

Suddenly the pats were the greatest team under creation, they were never in the wrong, their players never pushed the grey areas of rules or decency and god forbid if you ever slighted them in any way, the entire chamber of fans around you might just hang you from a tre or fire escape.

This continued to get worse every year and every super bowl win going forward. Then the Sox broke the curse, and now of course the Red Sox are the penultimate chosen team of god and heaven above.

Its not that people do't recognize that the pats and sox are quality teams, what pisses everyone else off is that unless you ordane them the greatest teams ever you're being insulting and their fans treat you like shit.

As with any team in history that dominated its sport, I'm sick of them and am ready for another team to have their time in the sun, but I'm not going to sit back and say they don't derserve to win as they do, they have the talent and they are doing their jobs by winning.

I'm far more fed up with the fact that in a few short years the long suffering adn quite pleasent fan base that they HAD, has trned into arrogant self ritious assholes.

I no longer respect their FANS for a lack of class and humility, the teams I have no real issue with.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:32 PM   #142
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
you guys are wacked out

give me some examples of this

the 1970's Oakland Raiders

The 1950's Detroit Lions

The 1960's NY Giants

All had reputations of viciousness when they felt they were being humiliated, intentionally or not.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:34 PM   #143
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post

The 1950's Detroit Lions

The 1960's NY Giants

All had reputations of viciousness when they felt they were being humiliated, intentionally or not.

wonderful

we suck so let's go hurt someone

jason campbell should knife randy moss on the street then
Old 10-29-2007, 02:35 PM   #144
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:

The 1950's Detroit Lions

The 1960's NY Giants

seriously....those of you advocating this are fucked up and complete morons.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:36 PM   #145
gstelmack
Pro Starter

< sigh >

Since apparently there can't be a Patriots fan with any class or humility, nice to know I'm so disliked around here.

(well, I was never labelled as "humble" in any endeavour related to sports or not, so I guess I'll have to take that)

Each and every single fanbase out there has annoying fans. Deal with it. I have, without ever having picked on or abused a team or its fanbase because they've got some jerks rooting for them. I never called Giants fans "classless" when they started throwing snowballs in the stands. I never called Eagles fans "classless" despite numerous reports of behavior in Philly (this was a huge story a few years ago, only pushed to the side by the Patriots fan attacks).

But hey, you want to throw rocks, whatever.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:37 PM   #146
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Hey, "this is pro sports bro".
Old 10-29-2007, 02:39 PM   #147
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
seriously....those of you advocating this are fucked up and complete morons.

No one should be actively advocating someone DO this, take a chill pill. No one ever said it was RIGHT to do so, but you wanted examples of when this happened before, I gave them to you. Its not "wacked" at all to expect some team to go this route because throughout the history of the NFL there have been teams with such a reputation.

bellicheck should be WARY of how he coaches against different teams, if he ordered offensive playcalling like yesterday against say, the 76 Raiders when up by 30+ points? He'd have taken his team to the locker room in ambulances (plural)

There are simply teams you don't humiliate openly and expect to get away without some retaliation from. I don't know if the pats play anyone like that this year, but ol' beli had best keep such things in mind.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:40 PM   #148
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

There may be players or even coaches out there who would love to injure Brady if they think he's showing them up. Obviously, they can't do it because of fines and suspensions. In some cases, it's the league that's protecting players. Players aren't always protected because of their opponent's sense of sportsmanship. Hell, we see enough questionable hits every season to verify that. The point is that "old school justice" isn't going to happen, nor should it. Scoring a bunch of points against a team is one thing, but jeopardizing a guy's career through injury is entirely another.

For me, here's the bottom line: If you want the other team to take a knee, then you take a knee first.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:40 PM   #149
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Hey, "this is pro sports bro".

to score points asshole

why is this so offensive that people accumulate points during a game

humility is playing for free. don't see that going on.

beyond that I would urge the redskins to train and study harder lest they give up 80 points next time.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:44 PM   #150
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
There are simply teams you don't humiliate openly and expect to get away without some retaliation from. I don't know if the pats play anyone like that this year, but ol' beli had best keep such things in mind.
How is somebody going to retaliate? If the Patriots do the same thing to another team and somebody goes after Tom Brady in retaliation, that player is going to be suspended, his coach is going to get fined, and the commissioner is going to make an example out of that team. If the league could get away with putting bubble wrap around quarterbacks, they'd do it. It's the league that's protecting the players now, not anybody else's sense of decency and sportsmanship.