Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-26-2006, 07:50 AM   #101
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Troy, I like you, but if we get this league going, I'm going to try to kill Carmelo. It'll be like the old days of hitting Gretzky after the whistle on the Sega Genesis. Gotta get rid of the superstar.

Little offtopic in this post, but what the hell. In all seriousness Pumpy, I'm just glad you called Melo a superstar. The perception in the country before last year was that Melo was some selfish ball hog who didn't play D, only thought of his offense, was a horrible teammate and a poster boy for being a stupid punk and thug.

Some of it was his own fault, because of his PR mistakes. But for the on court play, he was at a level at 19 and 20 that few have ever been at. Not Kobe, not TMac. The one guy he wasn't quite as good as at 19 or 20 was named Lebron. So people took it upon themselves to shred Melo every chance they got. He can't do this, can't do that, etc. The perception stayed even through the start of this season when he was ripped off of an all star spot despite being the only true scorer on the Nuggets, getting doubled and tripled on a nightly basis and hitting a half a million game winning shots.

Now the perception seems to be shifting. He's a sensational player and people are finally starting to realize all of the things he can do on the court. (and they don't all just involve offense) He's a better pure man to man defender than James (although James is a superior help defender). He's great passer who gets punished because the Nuggets don't have another jump shooter on the team not named Carmelo. With any sort of a teammate who can hit a consistent 15 footer, Melo has 5 or 6 assists a night without problem. As for the offense, he's one of the most diverse offensive forces in the league. He can post you up, take you to 20 and shoot over you, drive by you or kill you on the break. (his rebounding numbers will never be high, he's told to break for the wing and take off on most missed baskets.

I just hope the Nuggets stay healthy this year, someone emerges as a shooting threat and that Melo finally gets his due. The US national team seemed to do a lot to change perception, I hope that continues.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:16 AM   #102
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Best Buy usually has a lot of copies of these types of games - right? My local Gamestop told me yesterday that they will only have limited copies.

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:32 AM   #103
Kodos
Resident Alien

I've had bad luck with online leagues, but would enjoy playing folks online in exhibition games. Besides, I'm pretty sure that I suck at this game.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:48 PM   #104
dervack
College Prospect

Here is the league options, right from the book...

Players: 30, 28, 26, 24, 22, 20, 18, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8
Playoff Teams: 4, 8, 16
Length: 8-82
Playoffs: 1, 3, 5, 7
Qtr Length: 1-12

You can also set up round interval, which is how long a game must be played between, and whether you want a flexible schedule, which I'm not sure what that is yet.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 02:50 PM   #105
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I think "flexible schedule" means that you don't necessarily have to play your games in a particular order. Your team might be scheduled to play Memphis 8 games down the line, but suppose that you and I are both available to play each other right now. We could play that game on the schedule instead of waiting for you to play your other 7 games first.

I hope that's right because it would make scheduling much easier.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:01 PM   #106
dervack
College Prospect

Well, there are some ammendments to what I posted already.

The number of playoff teams are tied to the number of teams. So, if we have 8 teams, only 4 can make the play offs. But if we have 10, 4 or 8 can make it. So, basically, it works like this...

8 teams= 4 playoff teams
10-16 = 4 or 8 playoff teams
18-30= 4, 8, or 16 playoff teams

The number of games isn't anywhere from 8-82. It's 8, 16, 24, 32 or 82. It also seems that you can't set individual playoff series length. If you choose 1, they all are one. It does seem you can have a fantasy draft though, so that's nice.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:02 PM   #107
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
I think "flexible schedule" means that you don't necessarily have to play your games in a particular order. Your team might be scheduled to play Memphis 8 games down the line, but suppose that you and I are both available to play each other right now. We could play that game on the schedule instead of waiting for you to play your other 7 games first.

I hope that's right because it would make scheduling much easier.
That would make sense, I just wish they would actually say that in the book or online.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:06 PM   #108
TroyF
Coordinator

Three hours. . . three hours. . . three hours. . .
Old 09-26-2006, 03:08 PM   #109
Kodos
Resident Alien

If someone wasn't available to play their game, could you just play against their VIP?
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 03:14 PM   #110
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
If someone wasn't available to play their game, could you just play against their VIP?
Probably. If I remember correctly, the offline, single-player VIP is separate from the online VIP. I hope I'm wrong because, then, even when we're playing our own individual franchises, our VIPs will build up in case we miss an online game. I think the two VIPs are different, though. It's still a great feature.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:15 PM   #111
Kodos
Resident Alien

We could have a VIPs-only league! My VIP is gonna mop the floor with yours!!!!
Old 09-26-2006, 03:18 PM   #112
dervack
College Prospect

The one thing I don't like so far, and I just turned it on to look at some of the options, is that you have to load up a draft class at the begining of the season, which is understandable. However, that means the first season will not have the real draft class, unless you wait till College Hoops comes out, and then sim the first season, and then start your association.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:24 PM   #113
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
We could have a VIPs-only league! My VIP is gonna mop the floor with yours!!!!
That would be hilarious!

Does anyone know if 2K Sports automatically sets up a web page for your league like they did with one of their NFL games a few years back? I remember that we had a (short-lived) FOFC NFL league going on, and there was a 2K-generated web page that showed boxscores and stats. Do they still do this?

Last edited by Pumpy Tudors : 09-26-2006 at 03:27 PM.
Pumpy Tudors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 03:28 PM   #114
dervack
College Prospect

Looks like it did for the 2k6 games, but not sure on the 2k7 games.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:33 PM   #115
dervack
College Prospect

Yes, it looks like you still can have a league page with standings, stats, and a schedule.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:41 PM   #116
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Excellent. I'm looking forward to this. The flexible schedule (if it works the way I described) would make this relatively easy. I love the way the XBox 360 handles things. You can always just hit a button to see if your friends are online, no matter what game you're playing. If you know who's left on your schedule, you can always see if they're online and get your league game set up. I hope that we're able to get through a season without major issues. If we keep the league relatively small, that would make it easy, but I guess we'll see how much interest we get.

I am thisclose to taking a credit card over to Best Buy to buy the game tonight. It shouldn't be a big deal if I pay the $60 toward the charge card when I get paid on Friday, right? Damn, I'm glad that my three-week stretch of no paychecks is coming to an end.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:48 PM   #117
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
Excellent. I'm looking forward to this. The flexible schedule (if it works the way I described) would make this relatively easy. I love the way the XBox 360 handles things. You can always just hit a button to see if your friends are online, no matter what game you're playing. If you know who's left on your schedule, you can always see if they're online and get your league game set up. I hope that we're able to get through a season without major issues. If we keep the league relatively small, that would make it easy, but I guess we'll see how much interest we get.

I am thisclose to taking a credit card over to Best Buy to buy the game tonight. It shouldn't be a big deal if I pay the $60 toward the charge card when I get paid on Friday, right? Damn, I'm glad that my three-week stretch of no paychecks is coming to an end.
Well, but the game at Best Buy, then give the gift card to your wife for her to get something, or to use it towads a Christmas Gift. That should work, right?
Old 09-26-2006, 03:50 PM   #118
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervack View Post
Well, but the game at Best Buy, then give the gift card to your wife for her to get something, or to use it towads a Christmas Gift. That should work, right?
Not a bad idea. She would definitely appreciate the gift card, and she might forgive me for coming home with a $60 game when I barely have enough cash in my pocket to cover my lunch until Friday.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:56 PM   #119
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

Played with the trading a bit.. Took over the Knicks in franchise mode - traded Stephon Marbury, Knicks 1st round pick and Channing Frye for Kobe Bryant.

Next, traded Stevie Franchise and Jamal Crawford plus my 2nd round pick for Shaq and someone else I forget now just to balance the rosters.

Switched to the Bobcats, traded Gerald Wallace, Emeka Okafor and 2nd round pick for Lebron James and Drew Gooden.

Not so sure about the trading, it isn't HORRIBLE but still seems pretty bad. Wallace and Okafor both have solid potential and are 80ish, Gooden 74 while James is 98. Kobe 98... Shaq 92.

They might factor in age and salary, but still a bit off.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:27 PM   #120
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I haven't played the game at all yet. Just about to turn it on now as my wife just went to sleep. However, one of the complaints of the gamespot reviewer was the right stick controlling menus and how you had to back out of the menu all the way each time. If he bothered to read the first page of the instruction manual, he would have read that moving the Right stick a second time does exit to the main menu, but you can use B at any time to just go back one menu screen. I saw that in my 30 seconds browsing the instruction manual. You would think a professional reviewer would have noticed it as well. Enough typing, time to play a game or two before bed
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:27 PM   #121
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deattribution View Post
Played with the trading a bit.. Took over the Knicks in franchise mode - traded Stephon Marbury, Knicks 1st round pick and Channing Frye for Kobe Bryant.

Next, traded Stevie Franchise and Jamal Crawford plus my 2nd round pick for Shaq and someone else I forget now just to balance the rosters.

Switched to the Bobcats, traded Gerald Wallace, Emeka Okafor and 2nd round pick for Lebron James and Drew Gooden.

Not so sure about the trading, it isn't HORRIBLE but still seems pretty bad. Wallace and Okafor both have solid potential and are 80ish, Gooden 74 while James is 98. Kobe 98... Shaq 92.

Sounds like this will require some house rules, but I can live with that
Old 09-26-2006, 09:38 PM   #122
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I haven't played the game at all yet. Just about to turn it on now as my wife just went to sleep. However, one of the complaints of the gamespot reviewer was the right stick controlling menus and how you had to back out of the menu all the way each time. If he bothered to read the first page of the instruction manual, he would have read that moving the Right stick a second time does exit to the main menu, but you can use B at any time to just go back one menu screen. I saw that in my 30 seconds browsing the instruction manual. You would think a professional reviewer would have noticed it as well. Enough typing, time to play a game or two before bed
Trust me, the B button doesn't work as you'd expect it to. You'll see for yourself.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:43 PM   #123
BigMak
n00b

Well I bought the game today. Everytime I get 2 minutes into a game I get the "Disc is unreadable" error. I am going to exchange it tomorrow for a replacement. I hope it is the game and not my 360. The machine is less than a month old. I only have one other game - Madden and that has done it once in awhile. I rarely played Madden. I have read that there are some problems with the 360's. I am hoping I don't have one of the troublesome units.
BigMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:44 PM   #124
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deattribution View Post

Haven't played with the trading yet, but if it is that bad, I'll have to use the trade override and make sure I make fair trade offers. Not a biggie.

I've played a couple of games and the gameplay is everything I expected. I'm not dunking the ball nearly as much as last year. It is essentially the same type of game. You move the ball for a good shot, your shooting % is OK. You try to force drives or shots in bad situations, it isn't so good.

I'm not having the trouble others are on the FT. Hitting well over 80% at this point, some with average FT shooters.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:45 PM   #125
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMak View Post
Well I bought the game today. Everytime I get 2 minutes into a game I get the "Disc is unreadable" error. I am going to exchange it tomorrow for a replacement. I hope it is the game and not my 360. The machine is less than a month old. I only have one other game - Madden and that has done it once in awhile. I rarely played Madden. I have read that there are some problems with the 360's. I am hoping I don't have one of the troublesome units.

What is the current revision date on your xbox 360?

Some stores might carry old revision of the xbox 360.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:45 PM   #126
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Trust me, the B button doesn't work as you'd expect it to. You'll see for yourself.

Yeah, the menu system can be a tad frustrating. Not sure why they did it in the way they did. I'll get used to it, but it is frustrating.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:16 PM   #127
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

One thing that I don't like as it confused me. The game will bring up the sub menu even if subs are set to auto (as they are in the quick game by default.) Took me a few minutes to figure out why my subs weren't working right.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:26 PM   #128
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

What are people's early favorite camera?

So far I'm digging the nosebleed, 2k, and TV broadcast 1.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:43 PM   #129
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Dola -

What are people's early favorite camera?

So far I'm digging the nosebleed, 2k, and TV broadcast 1.

2K so far. It's what I used last year and I like it agian this year. I'm going to have to screw around with the camera angles tomorrow night. Had a great night of play in.

I think the scoring is a bit high for me on the default superstar sliders. Usually getting something like 67-60 halftime scores. I'm not sure if I'll turn it down to 10 minute quarters or play with the sliders a bit. I guess I could turn the speed down to slow and see if that would do it.

The gameplay is top notch. Very well done. One other slightly annoying thing. . . the fantasy draft will not snake, you'll stay in the same spot every round. Loving the game so far.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:50 PM   #130
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm also playing on default Superstar. I turned the game speed and player speed down to 33 and I just had a 44-37 half with the Knicks leading my Sixers using 12 minute quarters. However, midrange jumpers and 3 pointers seem to go in just a tad too much. I might knock them down a notch or so. However, I think it's going to take very little tweaking to get top notch realistic gameplay.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:53 PM   #131
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Haven't played with the trading yet, but if it is that bad, I'll have to use the trade override and make sure I make fair trade offers. Not a biggie.

I've played a couple of games and the gameplay is everything I expected. I'm not dunking the ball nearly as much as last year. It is essentially the same type of game. You move the ball for a good shot, your shooting % is OK. You try to force drives or shots in bad situations, it isn't so good.

I'm not having the trouble others are on the FT. Hitting well over 80% at this point, some with average FT shooters.

I've toyed with it a bit more having started a more serious franchise, it seems not everyone with equal ratings have the same values... For instance, Okafor is worth a bit more at 84 (think that's about right) than say Ben Gordon at 84. Infact, in the trade I listed above I believe Channing Frye was more valuable than Marbury..

I'm using the Bobcats again, since I wanted to start a little thin and since I won't trade Okafor I've found it pretty hard to find any suitors for a good center. Despite the interest bar being high (full even) they seem more unwilling to part with a big name player without getting a potential star in return.

So I guess ultimately it will depend on how many players you have at your deposal, with the Knicks I had plenty obviously.

Other thoughts -

First off, I didn't play 2k6 so I might be repeating some old features but...

I really like the player-lock feature, that's actually how I'm playing all my games. It gives me alot of involvement in the game without giving me the urge to shoot the ball with any guy I can get my hands on. I find myself passing more, looking for double teams, trying to play smart ball and being sure not to give up my assignment on defense.

I'm still adjusting to the franchise and all it's features but it looks like it should be alot of fun with the developement system similiar to madden's off-season mini games and trying to balance the practice schedule with team games and player fatgiue.

Presentation is pretty solid, not overly elaborate but enough to keep me immersed through the halftime and interested to see who got the player of the game at the end.

The gameplay is awesome - it has a very authentic feel. Every game I find myself looking for the teams weakness and knowing their A-list players are going to be the ones to watch out for. Some games start off really hard fought defense, and then turn into a shoot fest while others start off fastbreak crazy then into a sloppy turnover game. I can tell a big difference once my players start wearing down as well.

Overall, I think it's going to be a game I'll be playing for quite a while.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:43 AM   #132
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Me and a buddy played 3 games (co-op) last night playing as the Cavs. We went 0-3 but each game came down to the last shot - good stuff. One game we played against the Spurs we were down by 16 at one time ang The King took over. LeBron is almost TO GOOD in this game but I'm not complaining! Played with 8,9, & 10 min quarters. 9 min seemed about right - Cavs took 73 shots (54%) and the Hawks took 70 (52%)with the score Atl 89 - Cavs 86.

So far having a real good time - I'm for sure more into NBA 2K7 than I am/ever was with Madden 07.

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 07:12 AM   #133
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I only played one game, my Grizzlies vs. the Knicks. I played 12 minutes per quarter on the All-Star difficulty. I won the game 113-99, but the last 2 minutes had a lot of points being scored as I lost all interest in playing defense. Once New York hit 99, I clamped down a lot because, hell, who wants the Knicks scoring 100 on them?

Everything seemed great in the game, except I thought that there were slightly too few fouls, and I could not get a fast break going. It seemed like the CPU players were always faster than mine. I don't know the speed ratings of my players vs. the Knicks, so maybe this is an isolated thing, but I can't imagine trying to run (or defend) a break against a team like Phoenix. It'd be damn near impossible. The problem is that the speed seemed slanted in favor of the CPU, and I couldn't figure out how to adjust that. Last year's game had separate player speed sliders for User team and CPU team, and this year's game doesn't. It just has one player speed slider, and while that's helpful in toning the pace of the game down, it doesn't ease my worries that there might be "speed cheats."

One last thing: Does anyone know the difference between the "game speed" and "player speed" sliders? I thought that maybe "game speed" would actually run the clock faster (which would make it hard to set up an offense), but it didn't. It did make the players run around like they were on uppers when I had the slider at 100. If it changes the player speed, though, what does the "player speed" slider do? I'm all confused.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:11 AM   #134
TroyF
Coordinator

Pretty cool you tube:

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ehf8TnmI7s&NR
Old 09-27-2006, 03:39 PM   #135
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm a bit confused about the difference between the two sliders as well, Pumpy, but my first game with 33/33 worked well, so that is what I'm sticking with. I also wish there was a seperate player speed slider as the CPU doesn't seem to get a slight speed boost at Superstar level, but otherwise that level plays well. I'm going to up fouls just the slightest bit, knock down shooting percentages a touch and start my franchise now.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:49 PM   #136
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm a bit confused about the difference between the two sliders as well, Pumpy, but my first game with 33/33 worked well, so that is what I'm sticking with. I also wish there was a seperate player speed slider as the CPU doesn't seem to get a slight speed boost at Superstar level, but otherwise that level plays well. I'm going to up fouls just the slightest bit, knock down shooting percentages a touch and start my franchise now.

The speed boost the CPU seems to get on superstar has me annoyed a bit. I may try to go to All-Star tonight and use slider tweaks as necessary to get things right. I'm going to turn down player and game speed like you did, bump up fouls just a hair (if you drive, you still can draw plenty of fouls and have fouls on your guys) Also tweak the shot sliders down and then see what happens.

A little frustrating, because without the speed boost advantage for CPU players, it plays one hell of a game. Oh well.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:07 PM   #137
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
The speed boost the CPU seems to get on superstar has me annoyed a bit. I may try to go to All-Star tonight and use slider tweaks as necessary to get things right. I'm going to turn down player and game speed like you did, bump up fouls just a hair (if you drive, you still can draw plenty of fouls and have fouls on your guys) Also tweak the shot sliders down and then see what happens.

A little frustrating, because without the speed boost advantage for CPU players, it plays one hell of a game. Oh well.

Yeah, that is frustrating. I'm actually going to try my first game on All-Star now. It is the middle of the 5 difficulty levels, so maybe it is well balanced?

Playing my first game in a minute.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:10 PM   #138
TroyF
Coordinator

I won't get to play for a few hours, you can tell me how successful it is before I waste my time.

Thanks
Old 09-27-2006, 04:34 PM   #139
Kodos
Resident Alien

I had trouble getting out on breaks in the demo, but I figured that was because I suck.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:10 PM   #140
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

I've been playing All-star with 8 minute quarters and having good variance with the scoting - Scores have been 98 to 90, 88 to 79 and my last was 125 to 123 since both played virtually no defense.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:11 PM   #141
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I had trouble getting out on breaks in the demo, but I figured that was because I suck.

I've found the actual game to be alot more fun than the demo, 4 minutes just doesn't do the game justice since both teams don't really settle in til about the second quarter.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:26 PM   #142
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I bought this yesterday and started my association with the Cavs. First game was vs Denver and they went up quick 10-2, but I came back and pulled even by the half. I was up 2 at the end of the 3rd and ended up winning by 5. I would have won by 10 if I could hit the FT's. I think it'll be easier when I get more practice shooting with each individual player.

I am interested in joining a 360 NBA league and since the Cavs have been claimed, I'd like to take someone like Phoenix or Miami or any of the other highly rated teams

Look for me online this week since this is the first new 360 game that I'm really excited about.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 06:29 PM   #143
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

All-Star just played a great game. I thought it was too easy at first, as I managed to go way ahead of the Hawks, but I played sloppy late in the 3rd and early in the 4th and Joe Johnson caught on fire along with Josh Smith. They ended up winning 88-86 on a last second 3 by Speedy Claxton. I had way more fast breaks then they did. I thought I was going to crush the Hawks who were rated about 20 points below my team, but am glad that my sloppy play was punished even on All-Star level in the 3rd and 4th quarters. I'm going to stick with All-Star level, but I might knock shooting down a bit if percentages remain high. I think it is the level where it is all about the players' ratings without any speed boost for the CPU. Anyway, here is the post from the dynasty:

A few notes:

I'm playing on All-Star level (due to fast breaks being nearly impossible for me on Super Star. I've only adjusted shooting sliders for both teams down 2 notches, except for the FT shooting. I've also knocked fouls up 1 notch across the board.

Also, I generally play the C on defense as I love trying to swat shots and get good rebounds.

At the end of 1, we are up 22-18 thanks to some great plays by McGrady. We've also had 3 fast break baskets on the slower hawks, all baskets in which Louis Williams leaked out for a long pass reception and layup.

At the end of 1, McGrady has 10 points, 1 board, and 2 assists. Williams has 5 points and 2 assists. Webber has 5 points, 5 boards, and 3 assists. He's still worthless except for his passing as he is shooting 2 of 6 to score his 5 points..

Kevin Ollie is coming in to to give Williams a break, as is Willie Green to spell Andre. Finally Steven Hunter is coming in at C.

With 6 minutes left, I sit McGrady. Dangerous move as he has been the key to our offense tonight, but he is getting tired. I bring back in Williams and Andre. Korver will hopefully get some open looks at SF now..

Our bench is playing better than most of their bench guys, and the starters like S. Williams are getting tired. We just got our 3rd foul on S. Williams thanks to a nice up and under by Shavlik Randolph, our backup PF.

Thanks to an 18-5 run that was partially done with McGrady on the bench, we are up 44-31 at the half.

Once Joe Johnson went out, they couldn't do anything. We are shooting 52% against the horrible Hawks defense while they are shooting 42%.

McGrady is 6 of 9 for 15 points, 5 assists (mostly on double teams) and 3 boards.

Steven Hunter is 4 of 4 for 8 points, almost all on McGrady assists.

Joe Johnson is their main offensive weapon. He is 6 of 15 for 12 points.

We go back to our starting lineup to start the 3rd quarter.

Down 16 midway through the 3rd is causing them to press more, trap more, and take more changes in the lane. It's causing us to make some turnovers, but is also leading to some easy baskets.

By my count, we have 6 fast break baskets midway through the 3rd. Much better than superstar. All of the speeds of players seem more realistic to me..

Meanwhile, the Hawks just had their 2nd Fast Break Basket (they have also blown 1 earlier.) My guys are getting tired, and they just blew by me.

Thanks to a run powered by Joe Johnson, they pull within 10 at the end of the 3rd. 63-53, we lead.

With McGrady sitting during the first 4 minutes of the 4th they pull it to 69-65.

Time to get our star back in there.

I thought maybe the game was too easy on All-Star, but the Hawks have tied it 69-69 behind 32 from Joe Johnson, but he is now exhausted...

We never should have let Johnson get hot. He and Childress are keeping them neck and neck with us. We take a 86-85 lead on a fadeaway jumper by McGrady with 4.6 seconds left..

Claxton fakes Louis Williams out of his shorts and nails a 3. 88-86 with 0.8 seconds left!

We use a timeout to advance it to Midcourt (glad they finally got that right in this game..)

McGrady catches the shot, turns around and clanks it off the side of the rim.

Game over. 88-86 win for the Hawks. They shot 52%. We shot 50%.

We shot it 76 times. They shot it 67 times.

We were 6 of 16 from the FT line. They were 10 of 12.

We were 2 of 10 from behind the arc. They were 6 of 20.

We had 26 assists. They had 24.

We had 8 turnovers. They had 13.

We outrebounded them 37-35.

We each had 2 blocks.

We had 55 points in the paint. They had 28.

We had 18 fask break points. They had 8.

Joe Johnson was the player of the game with 32 points and 9 assists. He ended up with 15 of 25 shooting.

Josh Smith (not Joe) had 22 points, 7 boards, and 3 assists on 10 of 17 shooting.

Josh Childress had 11 points on 5 of 7 shooting.

Claxton had 10 points on 4 of 10 shooting.

Shelden (not Scott) Williams had 1 point and 9 boards. He was 0 of 4 from the field.

Pachulia was 2 of 2 for 8 points (4 of 6 from the line.)

McGrady led us with 27 points, 9 assists, 4 boards, and a steal. He had 2 turnovers. He was 12 of 19.

Iguodala was 5 of 11 for 10 points. He also had 4 boards, 3 steals, and 2 assists.

Korver had 10 points in limited action with 4 of 8 shooting (2 of 5 behind the arc.)

Hunter had 10 points on 5 of 8 shooting.

Louis Williams had 9 points and 5 assists as well as a steal. Most of his points were on the fast break. He was 4 of 10.

Webber had 8 points, 12 boards, and 4 assists on 3 of 11 shooting.

Dalembert had 2 points, 3 boards, and 2 blocks on 1 of 2 shooting.

The most fouls any of my guys had was McGrady with 3. They didn't drive very much at all.

Overall, I think All-Star played a pretty good game, but I might eventually knock shooting sliders down a touch more.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:39 PM   #144
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

EF, how many minutes per quarter are you playing?
Old 09-27-2006, 08:55 PM   #145
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMak View Post

Seems like a problem that happens with a lot of the 2k games. Happened to me with 3 versions of the NCAA game.
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:55 PM   #146
rexallllsc
Banned

For the online leagues, can they last for multiple seasons? i.e. drafts, trades, signings, etc.?
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 09:59 PM   #147
Kodos
Resident Alien

I got my ass kicked on all-star with Pheonix against Minnesota. I'm really terrible at this game. I can't rebound or shoot threes or get to the basket. Outside of that, I rock the house.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:12 PM   #148
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Is there a way to control only one player on your team and the other 4 players is AI controll?

If so, is there a way to ask for the ball from your teammates?
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 10:13 PM   #149
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic View Post
Is there a way to control only one player on your team and the other 4 players is AI controll?

If so, is there a way to ask for the ball from your teammates?

Yeah you turn on player-lock in gameplay options, X makes the AI shoot (they'll do it on their own also) and A is to call for the ball. You can hold down the back trigger and switch which player you have locked on also during the game.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:49 PM   #150
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Sigh. Went to halftime of my 2nd game up 30-23. Sigh. Made subs and stuff to prepare for the 2nd half. Sigh. Went back to the game and the camera was just slowing panning right to left and all the players were huddling as if they were in a timeout. I waited several minutes and messed with menu options and stuff and then about 5 minutes after it all started I got the red X "disc unreadable" error. Sigh.

I got my 360 in March and I hoped it would have lasted me a while, but this doesn't bode well. Disc looks perfect and I opened the case yesterday and put it right into my 360, and it never was removed from the drive (until just now to look at it).

I even have the $20 intercooler thing, and that stopped this error for about 2-3 months (but I was mostly playing Xbox 1 games). Argh, almost midnight and too pissed to play again before sleep...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote