Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-13-2003, 06:31 PM   #101
rexalllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by The Afoci
I emailed the GMs to see if they could bring my debt to like 300k for me or if they could just reverse my stadium expansion or anything since really I only have one player who will bring any money at all. he is my passable keeper. everyone else would be lucky to bring 20k at most.

Damn. Maybe starting over would be the best thing?
rexalllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 06:32 PM   #102
Vince
Pro Starter

Well, if DataKing is right then Hewitt better calm the hell down...I need him this week!
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 06:32 PM   #103
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Many thought Pete Tomlin ought to have been awarded a penalty shot in the 29:th minute, as he went down trying to circle the visitors keeper Martin Morgansson.

Dammit...I knew I should have greased the ref's palm before the match.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 06:32 PM   #104
rexalllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by daedalus
Ouch.

'tis ok, so far...up 2-nil
Old 04-13-2003, 06:33 PM   #105
PilotMan
Head Coach

We just went up 3-0 at the 31 min mark.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 06:33 PM   #106
AccardoOutfit29
H.S. Freshman Team

The match is in progress, 33 minutes of the first half have been played.
Fairly good weather for football had drawn a crowd of 9901 to McGees Arena. McGees had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Holton - Wood, Dillon, Cordero - Taylor, Amos, Churchill, Millet, Duckworth - Dunbar, Hyun-Suk.

Dillsburg had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. They fielded: Berg - Phuong-Trung, Yom-Tob, Dobson, Iverson - Berry, Duffy, Jolly, Louis - Fair, Andreani.

In a rapid move, Wen Hyun-Suk of McGees lost his man, passed the ball to the unmarked Fred Dunbar who easily hit it home for the 1-0 goal. Tristan Dobson of Dillsburg received a yellow card in the 12th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. In the 14:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Wen Hyun-Suk dashed through, knocking home 2 - 0 for McGees. The referee showed Dillsburgs Chad Louis the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. In the 30:th minute McGees put themselves up 3 - 0. The visitors defenders lost the ball to Wen Hyun-Suk coming up from the left, who proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home. In the 32nd minute McGeess Allan Cordero received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first.

Hopefully Wen can get a hat trick.

Last edited by AccardoOutfit29 : 04-13-2003 at 06:34 PM.
AccardoOutfit29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 06:34 PM   #107
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by rexalllsc
Damn. Maybe starting over would be the best thing?

yeah, probably, but it wouldn't be as much fun without the guys. I wonder what would happen with a fresh bunch though??? hopefully I won't have to know...
Old 04-13-2003, 06:34 PM   #108
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Ok, so we started out a little slow, but we're warming up with 2 chances in 5 minutes and a lead: "Hippopotamis Mick Starks gave, after 33 minutes, the home team a 2 - 1 lead after an attack coming in from the right. "

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 06:34 PM   #109
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

"Louisiana had a good opportunity to score the lead goal but the home team goaltender Pierre Dean saved Jeffrey Quigley´s shot headed for the top corner. Louisiana made a substitution in the 32nd minute. Elliott Aguilera limped off the field and was replaced by Xavi Matas."

Ouch- lost my starting forward...and the game is still tied at 0-0...looking at the other games in my league all the teams who won in the first week are losing so if i can pull off a win, and they all lose I should be in 1st place.

edit all this took place as i was typing that....

"Some quick foot work on the left side of the field in the 33rd minute left Louisiana´s Ishudhi Kumar completely free to score. 0 - 1 for the visitors. Godofredo Peckerman of Louisiana received a yellow card in the 34:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Matt Beatty behaved like an inexperienced youth player in the 34:th minute as he gave the ball away to an opponent. Lucky for him though, there was no goal. "

So I am now up 1-0 as old man Kumar was able to score for me.

Last edited by Doug5984 : 04-13-2003 at 06:35 PM.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 06:34 PM   #110
PilotMan
Head Coach

We are up 5-0 at the 34 min mark.
Old 04-13-2003, 06:35 PM   #111
robbgmaier
College Prospect

In the 33rd minute the visitors broke through on the right after some poor defending and Allan Garfield put the ball away for 0 - 1.

breathe robbie, they finally took the lead. GIMME ANOTHER BEER SLOPPY
robbgmaier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 06:36 PM   #112
rexalllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by The Afoci
yeah, probably, but it wouldn't be as much fun without the guys. I wonder what would happen with a fresh bunch though??? hopefully I won't have to know...

Are you still spending 20k/week on Youth squad? Maybe sell that keeper...
Old 04-13-2003, 06:38 PM   #113
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

"Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 36:th minute Louisiana goal, making it 0 - 2. Tyrone Hightower was noted down as the scorer."

woo-hoo...I just brought this player back to the A-team this week after spending a few weeks with the B-team...My starting forward goes down with an injury and my team responds by scoring 2 quick goals...not bad..
Old 04-13-2003, 06:39 PM   #114
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by rexalllsc
Are you still spending 20k/week on Youth squad? Maybe sell that keeper...

Yeah, the keeper is going up this week. he is 19 and passable and in passable form he gets 2 1/2 stars. but say i get 100k for him. that puts me at about 411k in debt next week and I have to pray that a youth pull is great. I also have a pass/scorer pass/defender that is 23. he has the best chance of grabbing some cash for me I think.
Old 04-13-2003, 06:39 PM   #115
Vince
Pro Starter

Damn Afoci is getting the short end of every event.

Many thought Norbert Darden ought to have been awarded a penalty shot in the 28:th minute, as he went down trying to circle the visitors keeper Mark Womack. Many thought Joăo Fernando de Oliveira ought to have been awarded a penalty shot in the 38:th minute, as he went down trying to circle the visitors keeper Mark Womack
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 04-13-2003, 06:39 PM   #116
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Ugh. Snuck a lead out in the 20th minute. They equalised in the 28th and took the lead a minute afterward. Two minutes later only the post kept the game within striking distance.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 06:40 PM   #117
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Reds had a good opportunity to score the lead goal but the home team goaltender Cornelius Jernigan saved Willibald Roth´s shot headed for the top corner.

Whew!
Allegiances:
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
Old 04-13-2003, 06:40 PM   #118
mckerney
Coordinator

Cody Taylor made a superb strike at the goal in the 39:th minute with a long shot coming in from straight in front of the goal, but one of the visitors defenders got a foot in and warded it off to a corner.

Well, got close to tying it up, though why does a central defender have my best scoring chance so far?
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 06:41 PM   #119
rexalllsc
Banned

Dude...I'm playing JHandley's team...and he has some clown out there ruining it for him:

- Lennart J. äflod received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 3rd minute and almost caused an opponent to score.

-What ever got into Lennart J. äflod, the crowd mumbled, as he suddenly struck a cross pass through the own defense - ending up right in front of United´s Roffe Duvholt, who easily put the ball away for 0-2.

-Due to a severely mistimed tackle,Lennart J. äflod spent some on the grass writhing in agony before he could get up and continue the game.
Old 04-13-2003, 06:42 PM   #120
AccardoOutfit29
H.S. Freshman Team

Ohh

In the 41st minute McGees´s Thad Amos tried to nail the coffin shut, but the shot rebounded off the bar to fall behind the net.

So close.
Old 04-13-2003, 06:42 PM   #121
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

GOAL for me!!! Yippee!!!!

and about the debt, I think I will probably fire most of my staff, but that will cost me 3k per I think 1500 to fire and 1500 for the week salary. and to think I started with 300k, a solid defender, and a solid winger/passing...everyone else sucked...
Old 04-13-2003, 06:42 PM   #122
Vince
Pro Starter

And the Crawfish are finally on the board 1-0
Old 04-13-2003, 06:42 PM   #123
Masked
College Starter

My match is pretty dull, one event in each the 17th and 18th minutes and nothing else. At least I am still up 1-0.
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 06:42 PM   #124
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Screamin' started off with a 3-5-2 lineup.

Hey, when did this start? I thought you were a 4-5-1er?

SI

Old 04-13-2003, 06:43 PM   #125
mckerney
Coordinator

Daniel Mughal sets up a Crawfish goal that puts them up 1 - 0, maybe he should get his kidney back.
Old 04-13-2003, 06:43 PM   #126
Nyarlahotep
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by mckerney
Cody Taylor made a superb strike at the goal in the 39:th minute with a long shot coming in from straight in front of the goal, but one of the visitors defenders got a foot in and warded it off to a corner.

Well, got close to tying it up, though why does a central defender have my best scoring chance so far?

Chances are assigned randomly.
Nyarlahotep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 06:43 PM   #127
Havok
College Starter

well.... Seth Ortega must know im selling him.

he just pick up his second goal of the match
Old 04-13-2003, 06:44 PM   #128
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by sterlingice
Hey, when did this start? I thought you were a 4-5-1er?

SI

Nope, never have been. I typically play 3-5-2 (although a defensive one) and 5-4-1 in friendles.

Maybe you've got be confused with the toad.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 04-13-2003, 06:44 PM   #129
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

the man that just got injured in my game was the passable defender scorer I was talking about. Injuries, that should really help his value...were is the vodka, time to start drinking boys...
Old 04-13-2003, 06:45 PM   #130
rexalllsc
Banned

Wow...i'm winning 2-0, but only have 47% possession...

The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 2. Emeralds held the ball, with a clear 53 percent possession rate.

Hope my boys have legs in the second half...
Old 04-13-2003, 06:46 PM   #131
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Halftime score was 2 - 0. Fighting held the ball, with a clear 70 percent possession rate.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 06:46 PM   #132
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Phew- we were just not getting the chances apparently: "Hippopotami held the ball, with a clear 67 percent possession rate". All is well in Hippodom, but will be much happier when we get an insurance goal or three.

SI

Old 04-13-2003, 06:46 PM   #133
Havok
College Starter

3-1 at half.... only winning ball possesion by 52%

hopefully i can increase some next half.
Old 04-13-2003, 06:46 PM   #134
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by mckerney
Daniel Mughal sets up a Crawfish goal that puts them up 1 - 0, maybe he should get his kidney back.

after the attendance today, I think I will sell the other one...
Old 04-13-2003, 06:46 PM   #135
PilotMan
Head Coach

Well we went into half with a 5-0 lead, and 73% possesion. Now for our stamina to kick in and really run up the score. Scored 6 in the second half last week.
Old 04-13-2003, 06:46 PM   #136
Vince
Pro Starter

If anyone's interested in watching, it looks like my game is turning out to be quite the competition...my midfield is sucking it, and we lost possession to their 55% in the first half. 0-0 right now.

Match ID# - 5542318.
Old 04-13-2003, 06:47 PM   #137
mckerney
Coordinator

At least Les Cherry got to make his way onto the field.

Down 1 - 0 at the half, time for my stamina training to win it in the 2nd (I hope).
Old 04-13-2003, 06:47 PM   #138
Masked
College Starter

Well my backup midfield is playing far better than I expected. But only 2 scoring chances so far?

The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Complex, with an impressive 87 percent possession of the ball.
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 06:47 PM   #139
Nyarlahotep
College Benchwarmer

Up 2-0 with 84% possesion while playing some scrubs and PICing, not too shabby.
Old 04-13-2003, 06:47 PM   #140
daedalus
Pro Rookie

If I remember right, DK does 3-5-2 in games and 5-4-1 in friendlies.

Edit: Because I do good math.

Last edited by daedalus : 04-13-2003 at 07:13 PM.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 06:48 PM   #141
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Halftime Scores from Series IV.49

Screamin' Seamen 0, Big Reds 0 (48%/52%)
Syracuse Supers 0, Croats in Miami 2 (41%/59%)
Neon Genesis Evangelion 2, Sweden Heights 1 (40%/60%)
SoccerWussies 3, Ramblers 0 (58%/42%) - This confirms my suspicion that Ramblers MOTSed the match against me last week.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 04-13-2003, 06:49 PM   #142
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

well, 45 minutes to go until we get our 8th straight win.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 06:50 PM   #143
Havok
College Starter

That Hattrick Viewer seems cool. Is it free???
Old 04-13-2003, 06:50 PM   #144
Rich1033
High School Varsity

The match is in progress, 45 minutes of the first half have been played.
7000 spectators had come to Toledo Drunkards Arena this cloudy day. Drunkards tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Oleary - Matson, Henriksson, Ball - Heiramo, Dyrhult, Godbom, Suchy, Moghaddam - López, Quinones.

Rebels! had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Voicu - Gillis, Takó, Taylor - Morris, Nesskär, Joi, Frostenfeldt, Hartley - Westerland, Lombardo.

Starting off, underestimation of the opposition made Rebels! players perform way below their normal capacity. A well placed corner kick from Per Henriksson was followed by David Israel López´s hard but accurate header. The nice combination meant 1-0 for Drunkards. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Drunkards lead up with 2 - 0. Per Henriksson finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. By now Drunkards were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. Drunkardss Zacary Ball got himself booked after a foul. David Israel López was ever so close to scoring after an excellent corner which then was extended byReg Matson, but the ball went into the frame. 42 minutes into the game Szaniszló Takó had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Björn Holér. Rebels! showed some good morale and were, in the 42nd minute, able to reduce the score to 2 - 1 as Hui Joi got past the home sides full backs straight in front of the goal.

Nice to see a sellout. Also nice to see a central defender(Henriksson) set up my first goal and score the second one himself. As for my opponent, did they think they would walk all over me just because they finished second last year while I was in last?

I had an injury that hurt my squad this week, but hopefully I can hang on to the 2-1 lead...
Rich1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 06:51 PM   #145
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

At the Half, here's a look at our competition:
(CC's and Toledo are the other two we will likely be in a race with)

CC's Dragons are only up 1-0 but they have 77% possession.
Toledo is up 2-1 with 74% possession against
Metal Mulisha and PRODYGRAF are tied 2-2 in the battle of the bottom half. PRODYGRAF has 54% possession.

SI

Old 04-13-2003, 06:51 PM   #146
-Panther
High School Varsity

Date: 4/14/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 5553236
Arena: Tomahawks Arena

The match is in progress, it´s half time.
10225 spectators arrived at Tomahawks Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Tomahawks started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Udding - Pitts, Carrillo, Swancutt - Adamson, Woodard, Roby, Baggio, Hicks - Hooks, Crocker.

Bonafide had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Reeves - Mendoza, Foust, Wyatt, Hedrick - Calero, Kidd, Ludwig, Manez - Putnam, Whitten.

The referee showed Tomahawkss Irving Crocker the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. The player down was Ed Wyatt. The Bonafide bench looked worried a while but in the end he managed to get up. After 16 minutes Bonafide put themselves up by 0 - 1 as Val Whitten finished off a strike from the left with a real cannon placed at the far post. In the games 21st minute Bonafide´s Joakím Calero fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Joakím Calero for taking a dive. Tomahawks made a substitution in the 28:th minute. Bill Roby limped off the field and was replaced by Tyler Britt. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 1. Tomahawks, bringing the final ball possession rate to 59 percent, dominated the battle.

looks like we're playing good ball they just snuck the goal in on us. We usually have a productive 2nd half so I'm hoping for atleast the 1 to tie and hold em.

Both teams are playing tough though. He's #1 in the div right now. all in all I'm happy we've contained them this much since selling our best defender to fund a stadium upgrade to 16000+ seats which in turn will double our profits.

full stadium for this game gave me 47,700
after upgrade will be 83,000+

I play home in the cup wed. right now we've made 4,500 this week bringing us to 40,000 in debt. with the home game wed. that should put us in pretty good financial situation.

but after wed. I'll be looking for a friendly to make some money. I'm not very optimistic about beating a div III team

Last edited by -Panther : 04-13-2003 at 06:53 PM.
-Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 06:52 PM   #147
Nyarlahotep
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Havok
That Hattrick Viewer seems cool. Is it free???

Criollo is free, I think Hattrick Viewer charges.
Old 04-13-2003, 06:52 PM   #148
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

"0 - 2 was the half-time score. Louisiana, bringing the final ball possession rate to 71 percent, dominated the battle."

Winning 2-0, dominated the possession in the first half...and my team has good stamina so I usually play better in the 2nd...I am feeling good about this game.
Old 04-13-2003, 06:54 PM   #149
Havok
College Starter

Criollo??? whats that??? is it like HT viewer??
Old 04-13-2003, 06:55 PM   #150
Nyarlahotep
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Havok
Criollo??? whats that??? is it like HT viewer??

Yep, I posted the link on the first or second page.