Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-16-2007, 07:36 AM   #101
TroyF
Coordinator

The 1Up review was written by a graphics whore who knows nothing about baseball. When he calls MLB2K7 the king, he's got issues. Let's be honest here the game may look pretty, but it plays pretty poor.

The IGN review still concerns me more.

As for th first impressions, I'm not taking a lot of them for much of anything yet. Go back through our board and Operation Sports board through history and look at first impressions. Unless the game is a total piece of garbage, the first few pages are usually fairly positive.

There is a good reason for that. I'm as guilty as anyone of it. I just paid $60 for game, I WANT TO LIKE IT. So my gut instinct when I find something wrong is to be positive of it and hope I can find my way around the kinks. (and lets face it, us die hard sports simmers are used to working our way around the kinks)

The key that I want to see is not only the quality of the posts, but how many there are in a couple of weeks. If there is a lot, it's probably a pretty damned good game. If it dies down or the posts turn nasty, it's an ugly game. I don't put any stock in the 1up review, but one slight thing concerns me:

Hitting a ball to a certain field involves more than just pushing a stick to the right or the left. It's about timing. If you just leave the stick alone, there should be a variety of hits just based on when you swing. Swing late at an inside fastball, you pop the thing up to the first baseman (or maybe fist it over the second baseman if you're strong. Swing early and you rip it down the line or in the hole. Pushing that left stick or not, you should see a wide variety of hits. And you do see those in the PSP version as well as the PS2 version last year.

I'm thinking he's an idiot, but we'll find out later today.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:00 AM   #102
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

As long as you guys like, that's all that matters. It just kills me that these companies port a game over and then charge $60 for it. Oh well, that's the way it is and I'm out of the console business for now.

Well, except for my psp which The Show is FANTASTIC on.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:20 AM   #103
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
As long as you guys like, that's all that matters. It just kills me that these companies port a game over and then charge $60 for it. Oh well, that's the way it is and I'm out of the console business for now.

Well, except for my psp which The Show is FANTASTIC on.

I love The Show on the PSP. If it weren't for Puzzle Quest sucking the life out of me, I'd be playing it even more.

I never purchased it for the PS2 and there were some pretty big bugs in the PS2 version anyway. So for my 60 bucks, it isn't just a port. It's a brand new game.

Throw in the fact that I currently own a $600 paperweight because of the complete lack of titles, and this one is a no brainer. I really hope this is a fun game. I'd love nothing more than to spend the next few months with it)

Last edited by TroyF : 05-16-2007 at 10:20 AM.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:45 AM   #104
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
I never purchased it for the PS2 and there were some pretty big bugs in the PS2 version anyway. So for my 60 bucks, it isn't just a port. It's a brand new game.

Yeah, I think there were a lot of people that didn't buy the PS2 version due to the bugs and knowing that the PS3 version was upcoming.

Also, saying it's a port is probably underselling it a bit. It was originally intended to come out at the same time as the PS2, but was delayed to clean up some issues. Given that the PS2 version had some major bugs and that none of those bugs exist in the PS3 version, it would appear to be a sound decision. The graphics are obviously a major upgrade over the PS2 version as well. It's like night and day (as it should be when they move to the PS3).
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 12:47 PM   #105
Terps
College Prospect

I saw over on OS that one of the franchise bugs in the PS2 version (AI not trading during franchise), has been fixed. I'm not sure what the other problems with the PS2 version were since I didn't own it.

I'm off to pick up a copy now.
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 01:07 PM   #106
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I've read some first impressions from people I trust and they are very excited about the game so far.

Pick it up and post your thoughts.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:09 PM   #107
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
I've read some first impressions from people I trust and they are very excited about the game so far.

Pick it up and post your thoughts.

Yeah, I've talked to a couple people as well and they are very happy with the game. I'm interested to see Troy's feedback. I'm hopefully going to pick up the game around 3:00 PM after work and give it a brief run-through.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:41 PM   #108
Terps
College Prospect

I have it now (after going to 3 different stores because their credit card machines weren't working.) Won't be able to play much right now since I go into work at 5.

But if you want me to check anything out let me know.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:10 PM   #109
Icy
Pro Starter

I guess most of you also visit OPS forums, but in case you missed it, here are the comments from a guy there. An important one for me is that the PS2 bug, where the CPU teams didn't trade in franchise mode is fixed.

Quote:
A few impressions about franchise/season modes

* First things first, its not that different from MLB '06(I didn't play '07 on PS2.. waited for PS3)

*One of the coolest things that I have seen is that the teams let you know if they are either, rebuilding(sellers at trade deadline), are in a playoff push(buyers at the trade deadline), or are in normal mode(want equal value with all trades). I love this feature!

* The cpu makes trades before and on the trade deadline. Haven't seen any 2 for 1 trades, but these may not be "allowed" in the game. I seen a few blockbuster trades, like Garrett Anderson going to the Giants, Joe Mauer going to the Padres, and Miguel Tejada ending up with the A's.

* There are boatloads, and I mean boatloads of call ups and send downs. Wayyyy to many to mention. But the cpu makes moves. I didn't see any "stupid" moves like Bonds going to the minors or anything of that nature.

* The statistics that are kept are just insane. I can't believe there is this much stat tracking.

* For anyone interested the A's beat the Padres to win the World Series.

* I love the free agent signing period. You have 60 timed days to make offers and sign players. One thing I meant to try and forgot was to trade during the free agent signing period.

* The amateur draft is held at the end of the season. It lasts for 5 rounds.

* You can play the AAA or AA all-star games. Maybe not a big deal to some, but I love this feature.

* I missed the playoffs on all levels. My Cards were in first place at the break, but put together a horrible second half of the season.

* You can play spring training games.

* The schedule changes each year as well as the All-star game location.

Any other questions let me know. I want to get back to playing the game.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 02:38 PM   #110
Terps
College Prospect

Just had a neat play happen. I hit what I thought was a no doubt home run with Nick Markakis, David DeJesus climbs the wall and bring it back. After the play Markakis is walking into the dugout and Roberts tries to talk to him, Markakis picks his glove up and throws it against the wall in the dugout, sits down and puts his head between his legs with his hands on top of his head.

I'm also guessing most, if not all, the coaches are in the game because when I did a mound visit Leo Mazzone came out.

The stadiums look great, as does the crowd. The sound is the best of any sports game I played. The 3 man booth is always talking. The crowd gets loud when it cheers (or boo's when I give up a 3 run HR to Ryan Shealy.)
Old 05-16-2007, 02:42 PM   #111
Terps
College Prospect

The animations are so smooth, no hiccups at all. 60 FPS really makes a difference. The player models and faces also look fine to me. I don't see where the IGN reviewer said they had bug eyes.

It's also nice to see that you don't have to kill yourself messing with sliders to get foul balls. I've seen more fouls in 2 innings so far than I would see in a couple games of 2K's baseball game.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:48 PM   #112
Icy
Pro Starter

Nice Terps, keep making us to salivate until we can pick the game

I have read about the amazing sounds in other reviews too, it must really help the immersion factor.

About the faults, if you want even more, in the PS2/PSP versions, if you set the contact at 0 or 1, the variety of hits is amazing, including tons of faults.

The contact slider is not to decide if you make contact or not, but let's say how "thick" is your bat (the baseball one ). So with it at a low value, unless you hit the ball with the middle of the bat, you hit weak balls or fouls way more.

Old 05-16-2007, 02:50 PM   #113
Terps
College Prospect

I'm gonna quit out of the game I'm playing and sim a season quick before I head to work.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:53 PM   #114
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Foul balls have always been plentiful in The Show.. where you been foo?
Old 05-16-2007, 02:58 PM   #115
Terps
College Prospect

This is my first go around with The Show. haha.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:10 PM   #116
Icy
Pro Starter

Lol i don't know what is worse right now, if me waiting for the game to come from USA to Spain or if to have it like you but having to go to work and stop playing once you tested it, i would call saying i'm sick

(Of course i would prefer to be you, at least you can play it later today while i won't get it until next week).

Last edited by Icy : 05-16-2007 at 03:17 PM.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:21 PM   #117
Terps
College Prospect

Ok, simmed through 1 year of franchise and set my O's to let the AI handle everything.

Yankees (112 wins), Red Sox (103 wins), Tigers (90 wins), and Rangers (90 wins) are the playoff teams from the AL.

Mets (101 wins), Astros (92 wins), Cardinals (90 wins), and Padres (99 wins) in the NL.

Some league leaders:

AVG - Hideki Matsui, .356
Hits - Brian Giles, 225
AB - Alex Rios, 714
2B - Melvin Mora, 51
3B - Corey Patterson, 18
HR - Lance Berkman, 58
RBI - Bobby Abreu, 149
Runs - Johnny Damon, 148
SB - Hanley Ramirez, 41
BB - Brian Giles, 106
SLG - Lance Berkman, .698
OPS - Lance Berkman, 1.125

Wins - Chien-Ming Wang/Kelvim Escobar, 20
Losses - Tom Gorzelanny, 18
Saves - Eric Gagne, 51
ERA - Carlos Zambrano, 2.46
HR Allowed - Micah Owings, 42
Shutouts - Johna Santana/Bronson Arroyo, 4
K's - Johan Santana, 231
CG's - Johan Santana, 8
IP - Johan Santana, 222.2
WHIP - Carlos Zambrano, 1.103

MVP's: AL - Bobby Abreu, NL - Lance Berkman
Cy Young: AL - Kelvim Escobar, NL - Brad Penny
Silver Slugger: AL - Hideki Matsui, NL - Garrett Atkins
Rolaids Relief: AL - Eric Gagne, NL - Billy Wagner
Rookie: AL - Delmon Young, NL - Ryan Stiles
Hank Aaron Award - AL - JD Drew, NL - Lance Berkman

Red Sox over the Astros in the World Series.

Last edited by Terps : 05-16-2007 at 03:24 PM.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:30 PM   #118
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terps View Post
I saw over on OS that one of the franchise bugs in the PS2 version (AI not trading during franchise), has been fixed. I'm not sure what the other problems with the PS2 version were since I didn't own it.

I'm off to pick up a copy now.

Pardon my ignorance but how do they fix bugs with the ps2 version? Wouldn't you have to download something or get a new game disc to do this? I thought that you couldn't download updates for ps2?
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 05:34 PM   #119
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilodor View Post
Pardon my ignorance but how do they fix bugs with the ps2 version? Wouldn't you have to download something or get a new game disc to do this? I thought that you couldn't download updates for ps2?

He meant fixed for the PS3 version not for the Ps2 one.

Old 05-16-2007, 05:38 PM   #120
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilodor View Post

He just means that bugs that were in the PS2 version don't appear in the PS3 version.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:51 PM   #121
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Got in a few games.....

-Crowd sounds and reactions are wonderful. Line drives and long fly balls are both fun. The crowd goes nuts and stands up when you hit a line drive. If an infielder snares it, the crowd moans and sits back down. Same reaction when a long fly ball is tracked down near the wall.

-I let the catchers call my pitches. Worked pretty well. Pitcher/catcher interface is much better IMO than the 2K7 game.

-I like how picking out the pitch or location increases your odds of a well-hit ball while not making it a sure thing that you'll get a hit or a homerun.

-There's definitely HR celebrations in the game, though they are probably not as outrageous as some might like. I personally liked them because they weren't as crazy as in other games.

-Fielding is really smooth. I usually play baseball games with auto fielding because I get so frustrated at missing balls because of clunky fielding interfaces. I didn't have any problems playing this game with manual fielding. Really nice. I did notice one catch animation where the ball and glove looked slightly odd, but nothing major. Certainly didn't affect game play.

-Played the game in 720p and graphics were just fine. I think I'd give the slight nod to 2K7, but the gameplay is a lot more enjoyable on MLB 07. Stadiums are spectacular. I played at Kauffman Stadium in KC. When I went to the mound and brought up the bullpen view, I could hear the fountain water splashes. Very acccurate as the fountains are right next to the bullpen. Loved that.

-I didn't play MLB 06, so maybe this was in that game, but I love the ability to hit the L3 button after a missed swing. It gives you the swing information, allowing you to know what you did wrong. Really nice feature.

Probably won't get to try out any season stuff until the weekend since I have baby duty the next couple of days, but I'm really happy with what I've seen thus far. I can say with great certainty that this game got a major raw deal with that 5.5 review from 1UP. It's definitely a better baseball game than 2K7 IMO.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:58 PM   #122
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Looks like the cache install at the start of the game is a good idea. Appears the early reviewers failed to do the cache install as recommended. The occasional lag that is reported in the reviews are not a problem if you do the cache install.

I just got the game and remembered this post.

Ummm. . . I don't get it. The cache install isn't an option. It does the install automatically and if you cut it off in the middle, it simply restarts the process. I don't know how any of the reviewers could possibly have avoided that install.

OK, time to go play the game.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:02 PM   #123
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
I just got the game and remembered this post.

Ummm. . . I don't get it. The cache install isn't an option. It does the install automatically and if you cut it off in the middle, it simply restarts the process. I don't know how any of the reviewers could possibly have avoided that install.

OK, time to go play the game.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. Originally saw that on another message board. Certainly doesn't appear to ring true.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:04 PM   #124
TroyF
Coordinator

Played a game as the Twins against the Royals. Veteran difficulty.

---- Plenty of types of hits. No idea what the moron in the one review was thinking.

--- graphics are good, not great

--- frame rate is terrific. The game plays smooth as can be.

--- presentation is what you'd expect. solid menu system.

--- Santana was dominant and ripped through the Royals lineup like you'd expect him to. Santana finished with a complete game 3 hitter, 11k 1 walk.
---- Hit one HR with Cuddyar. Blasted a deep bomb foul with the reigning MVP. Ended up with 11 hits, 3 runs, 6 strike outs and 2 walks. (one intentional) I didn't play this one for patience.

--- Early impressions are favorable. I'm looking forward to playing this more tonight.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:21 PM   #125
Flasch186
Coordinator

how do you do a cache install?

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:25 PM   #126
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
how do you do a cache install?

It's automatic when the game starts up. It'll tell you to wait for a couple of minutes. (it actually tok mine about 35 seconds)
Old 05-16-2007, 08:06 PM   #127
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I went back and did a reread of the 1UP review. The more I read, the more I wondered if we were even playing the same game. I'm really starting to wonder if it's possible he played a beta build of some sort of the game. Most of the things that he said were an issue are simply not an issue. The only thing I agree with on his review is that the player models aren't quite as good on MLB07, but it's a very small difference. I'm just baffled at this point.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:07 PM   #128
Travis
Pro Rookie

Great to hear the positive reviews thus far. Here's hoping there aren't any game killers that crop up as the game gets played more. I'll be attempting to pick it up tomorrow, but will probably head directly into the RTTS mode.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:12 PM   #129
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Ok, can you hook a ps3 up to a PC monitor like the 360?
Old 05-16-2007, 08:20 PM   #130
Flasch186
Coordinator

I gotta say that this is my first experience with any iteration of the Show games and I also own 2k7. I am absolutely enthralled with it and while I suck at hitting right now, my toe dab in the RTTS is amazing.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:21 PM   #131
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Don't tell me that NHL 2007 is not on the ps3?
Old 05-16-2007, 11:10 PM   #132
Calis
College Starter

Something cool I just read about, says you can dl sliders directly into your game. That's a pretty damn cool feature, be a lot easier to give other people's sliders a try without having to go through and enter it all manually. No idea how it works though.

I don't have a PS3 yet, and still no plans to, but this is one game that edges me closer to purchase. The PS2 at my house has been running nothing but The Show since I picked it up, and is the only reason the PS2 is still sticking around.

Although I might have to pick up the new MVP. Get me some college action going on.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:21 PM   #133
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

I just played a few innings cause I wanted to watch the Cards, but I liked what I played. I just couldn't get into 2K7 and I gave that game a good try. I play to have fun more than anything else and for me the main way to score runs in 2K7 was via the home run, this game didn't have that feel. I got $24 for my trade in, so it was a $35 rental.

I should also add I suck at the manual fielding, so auto fielding also helps this game in my enjoyment, I play auto field, but I like making the throws and I could do that with The Show. Looking forward to playing more this weekend.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:11 AM   #134
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calis View Post
Something cool I just read about, says you can dl sliders directly into your game. That's a pretty damn cool feature, be a lot easier to give other people's sliders a try without having to go through and enter it all manually. No idea how it works though.

I don't have a PS3 yet, and still no plans to, but this is one game that edges me closer to purchase. The PS2 at my house has been running nothing but The Show since I picked it up, and is the only reason the PS2 is still sticking around.

Although I might have to pick up the new MVP. Get me some college action going on.

Yeah, I really like that feature. You can also d/l roster updates pretty much up to the day. That's a nice touch. So far, so good.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:18 AM   #135
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Don't tell me that NHL 2007 is not on the ps3?

NHL 2K7 is on the PS3 and it's actually a very good game and it's price at $30 which is very nice.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:20 AM   #136
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Yeah, I really like that feature. You can also d/l roster updates pretty much up to the day. That's a nice touch. So far, so good.

Yeah, I love the downloadable sliders and up to date rosters options. There's some guys over at Operation Sports that do a good job of tinkering with the sliders to find a good setup to optimize the game. In the past, they've had to manually post everything they changed. Now, they'll be able to just point to a name on the Sony servers and everyone can go download their sliders. Really great option.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 05-17-2007 at 06:25 AM.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:24 AM   #137
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Ok, can you hook a ps3 up to a PC monitor like the 360?

Yes. DVI/HDMI outputs are available. If your monitor doesn't have those inputs, you can always get a converter to switch it to VGA.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:04 AM   #138
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

New review up. This one seems to echo the general impressions from most of the players in the OS forums. Pretty accurate review. Score was an 8.2.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/sports/m...ew.html?page=1
Old 05-17-2007, 08:34 AM   #139
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
NHL 2K7 is on the PS3 and it's actually a very good game and it's price at $30 which is very nice.

NHL 2k7 is terrible and I can't believe that NHL 2007 is not available for the ps3.. wow.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:37 AM   #140
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes. DVI/HDMI outputs are available. If your monitor doesn't have those inputs, you can always get a converter to switch it to VGA.

It will be a LONG time before I get a ps3, but I don't think even with DVI (which I have) you can just hook it up unless it's HDCP compliant or something like that.

Maybe someday I'll just get a Dell 24" widescreen monitor and give the kids my 20" LCD.

I'll reiterate that the psp version has me giddy right now with RTTS. Pitched my first good game last night in AAA, going 5.2 innings allowing only 1 run. There was an option to tell the manager I was upset he pulled me too early, but actually I was started to get hit pretty hard.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:38 AM   #141
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
NHL 2k7 is terrible and I can't believe that NHL 2007 is not available for the ps3.. wow.

I didn't think you had a PS3? I'd agree that the NHL 2K7 game for the 360 was not as good assuming that's what you're referring to. As far as EA games, you're talking to the wrong guy. But we're going way off topic here.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:41 AM   #142
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
It will be a LONG time before I get a ps3, but I don't think even with DVI (which I have) you can just hook it up unless it's HDCP compliant or something like that.

Maybe someday I'll just get a Dell 24" widescreen monitor and give the kids my 20" LCD.

I'll reiterate that the psp version has me giddy right now with RTTS. Pitched my first good game last night in AAA, going 5.2 innings allowing only 1 run. There was an option to tell the manager I was upset he pulled me too early, but actually I was started to get hit pretty hard.

I've hooked it up to my Dell 24" monitor and my 42" LG through DVI input and have had no issues. I can't vouch for all monitors as I'm not a total tech geek, but it worked fine on mine.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:44 AM   #143
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I didn't think you had a PS3? I'd agree that the NHL 2K7 game for the 360 was not as good assuming that's what you're referring to. As far as EA games, you're talking to the wrong guy. But we're going way off topic here.

I don't need a ps3 to tell me they are the same games. In fact, it received better scores on the 360 than it did the ps3.

Next year will be crucial for my console gaming. If 2k sports can offer up a great MLB 2k8 game and EA just tweaks NHL 08, I'll be hunting for a 360 once again. If not, I might break down for a ps3.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:45 AM   #144
Celeval
Pro Starter

So for those of us who only have a PS2 and a Wii, it sounds like the best console baseball experience we can have this year is The Show, but with injuries turned off and don't expect any trades from other teams. This about right?
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:46 AM   #145
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I've hooked it up to my Dell 24" monitor and my 42" LG through DVI input and have had no issues. I can't vouch for all monitors as I'm not a total tech geek, but it worked fine on mine.

Are those monitors HDCP compliant?
Old 05-17-2007, 08:47 AM   #146
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval View Post
So for those of us who only have a PS2 and a Wii, it sounds like the best console baseball experience we can have this year is The Show, but with injuries turned off and don't expect any trades from other teams. This about right?

and managers disappear or something...
Old 05-17-2007, 08:57 AM   #147
TroyF
Coordinator

I thought NHL2K7 was the better game, control scheme be damned. After about ten minutes of watching the ridiculous EA defense at work, I was already in complete frustration.

As for more The Show impressions:

--- The graphics get better when they go up to 1080p. Why the hell the game doesn't go to the top setting right away and makes me go into the setup options of the PS3 and remove 720 and 1080i so it will go to 1080p is beyond idiotic. I think this is a PS3 thing and not a problem with the game. But how freakin annoying and idiotic can you get?

--- I'm still not sure what the guy who said there were no variety of hits was smoking. I haven't tweaked a slider and I'm seeing hits of all types. Bloopers, lined HR, majestic HR, grounders up the middle, through the 1B/2B hole, through the SS/3B hole. About the only type of hit I haven't seen in about 4 games is a grounder right down the line. I've had a ton go foul, but none have stayed fair.

--- I wish there was a batting practice, pitching practice mode.

--- There are some graphical glitches. Example: I had a lined shot toward the 2B. The ball deflected off his glove into RF and just stopped as if it were in quick sand. I mean, not even a little hop or a tiny roll. The ball just stopped about two feet behind the 2B. There are other similar types of things that happen. Minor annoyances to be sure, but if they become to frequent they could imnpact the game a bit.

--- The new RTTS is pretty bad IMHO. I like the classic better. (and you can go the classic route) The one reviewer was right when he said some of the demands are a bit excessive. I was told to "drive in the run" 4 straight times to the plate in my first game. I went 2/4 with a double and the game winning single and was penalized because I didn't go 4/4. That's a little off if you ask me. Still, I'll probably be playing in this mode more than any other.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:58 AM   #148
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Are those monitors HDCP compliant?

I honestly have no idea. Like I said, I just plug it in and see if it works. I did try it on a front projection TV that I have through the DVI and didn't have any issues there either. Perhaps I've been lucky in regards to this HDCP that you're talking about. All of them are relatively new, so that may be why they work OK. I have an old HD rear projection TV from a few years back that doesn't have DVI/HDMI, so I use the component cables on that one.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:00 AM   #149
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
--- The new RTTS is pretty bad IMHO. I like the classic better. (and you can go the classic route) The one reviewer was right when he said some of the demands are a bit excessive. I was told to "drive in the run" 4 straight times to the plate in my first game. I went 2/4 with a double and the game winning single and was penalized because I didn't go 4/4. That's a little off if you ask me. Still, I'll probably be playing in this mode more than any other.

I haven't played RTTS at all yet. Explain the difference between new and old so I'm aware.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:18 AM   #150
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I thought NHL2K7 was the better game, control scheme be damned. After about ten minutes of watching the ridiculous EA defense at work, I was already in complete frustration.

Completely agree. NHL 2k7 on the 360 is a solid game.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote