Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-02-2005, 03:26 PM   #101
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

good game saints... way to play in carolina forced the turnovers thats how u win.

congrats cats good recoveryin the second of the season, amazing your fifth string running back, and moose came on strong, good job, but you just didnt take care of business at home in week 17. good luck next year, you know we will be back. steve smith back, davis and foster wow. dont forget kris jenkins... oh well. good season guys.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:26 PM   #102
Philliesfan980
Banned

There's nobody in the NFC that can touch the Eagles. Can someone give me a logical favorite other than them?
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 03:26 PM   #103
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
I don't think you throw general game theory out the window. Theres probably a lot to be said for the mental advantage of winning this game and actually "earning" your way into the playoffs.

And although unlikely, it's possible they didn't know Buffalo had already lost.

I've never really bought the "winning" mindset argument. If Curtis or Chad blows out his knee in the OT, tell me if you think they should have gone for it. Teams that have nothing to play for going into week 17 (like the Eagles) aren't giving up a "winning" mindset and if the Jets know they are in (which they may not have), then I don't think that is any different.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:27 PM   #104
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic
They clinched last week. Cleveland has played a brutal schedule, and there was no way their opponents' winning percentage could drop enough. In fact, Cleveland would drop to 4 with a win and Miami and Tennessee losses.

Ah, wasn't quite sure. I knew that if the Niners won and the Browns lost, they would both have the same Overall, Divional, and Conference records.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:27 PM   #105
Masked
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui
Jeez... I just heard on CBS that if St. Louis loses, then the SAINTS end up in the playoffs as a result of beating Carolina. Minnesota is apparently already in, since New Orleans kicked Carolina out.

GO JETS!
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 03:28 PM   #106
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Mark my words.. Green Bay vs. Pittsburgh. Thats your Super Bowl. After an improbable 10 point 4th quarter comeback to win 27-24, Favre retires, and the NFC loses another decent team. Next season, the NFL changes the playoff format to include the top 4 wildcards despite their conference affiliations, an unprecedented move that leads to 8 AFC playoff teams... You heard it here first.

EDIT: The Eagles will be knocked out when their offense struggles against the first team they face. T.O. being lost is a HUGE blow to them. Who will score in his place? This is what stopped them last season, and it will stop them again.. I bet its going to be Green Bay getting their revenge. They are on a roll, and Philly proved their lack of depth by getting spanked hard by Cincinnati today. It wouldnt have mattered who was playing QB, two straight losses to teams with not so great defenses is an indication to me that Philadelphia is a lot more beatable without T.O.

FUCK EA

Last edited by Julio Riddols : 01-02-2005 at 03:32 PM.
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 03:28 PM   #107
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

i wouldnt mind seeing mcnabb get knocked the fuck out in his playoff game.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:28 PM   #108
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliesfan980
HAhaahahahah. BYE BYE Panthers. Ricky Manning JR is a bitch!

Seriously, your dislike of the Panthers is more than a little bizarre.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:28 PM   #109
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols
Mark my words.. Green Bay vs. Pittsburgh. Thats your Super Bowl. After an improbable 10 point 4th quarter comeback to win 27-24, Favre retires, and the NFC loses another decent team. Next season, the NFL changes the playoff format to include the top 4 wildcards despite their conference affiliations, an unprecedented move that leads to 8 AFC playoff teams... You heard it here first.

Have you seen the Packers secondary? Al Harris? Give me a break.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:29 PM   #110
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Vikings clinched a wild card spot. Either St. Louis or New Orleans for the last spot. In the AFC, Jets clinched, and Denver gets the last spot if it wins. If the Broncos lose, then it comes down to the Jacksonville game. If Jacksonville wins, it gets the last spot, otherwise, Baltimore does.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 03:30 PM   #111
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr
i wouldnt mind seeing mcnabb get knocked the fuck out in his playoff game.

How can you paint McNabb a villan?

That and I never wished for an injury on the Panthers. They just didn't deserve to be in last year, and I'm a little bitter thats all .
Old 01-02-2005, 03:31 PM   #112
Philliesfan980
Banned

4th a 4 from the Jets 44, do the Rams go for it?
Old 01-02-2005, 03:31 PM   #113
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Well, the Rams have to punt on their first OT drive.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:31 PM   #114
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

they didnt deserve last year? lol we swept through the nfc playoffs. how did we not deserve it?
Old 01-02-2005, 03:32 PM   #115
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
There's nobody in the NFC that can touch the Eagles. Can someone give me a logical favorite other than them?

No one will be a favorite over them, but I can see Atlanta, Green Bay, or even St. Louis beating them.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 03:32 PM   #116
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Don't worry.. Philadelphia's team mom will lead them to another nfc championship game loss

wow i just leapfrogged 5 posts hah

Last edited by Ragone : 01-02-2005 at 03:33 PM.
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 03:32 PM   #117
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

sorry for saying that about mcnabb, i dont wish that on anyone, just my bitterness coming out.. lol
Old 01-02-2005, 03:32 PM   #118
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr
they didnt deserve last year? lol we swept through the nfc playoffs. how did we not deserve it?

Because you had a 1 year wonder fraud team who didn't make the playoffs the year before, and didn't make the playoff's the year after.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:32 PM   #119
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
4th a 4 from the Jets 44, do the Rams go for it?

No way. The Jets are struggling to move the ball. Punt just like you usually would and play defense.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:33 PM   #120
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

Eagles are going into the playoffs with absolutely no momentum and are without the one player who was supposed to finally put them over the top... I would be scared to death if I was an Eagles fan right now. Surely they have the best talent but I wouldn't have any faith in them right now.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 03:33 PM   #121
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:

Marked. Cuckoo! Cuckoo!

Here's my prediction: after throwing 3 inexplicable hail mary ints in a first round playoff game loss, Favre is carried off the field on the shoulders of Joe Theisman and Paul McGuire.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 03:33 PM   #122
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Have you seen the Packers secondary? Al Harris? Give me a break.

Who is there to defend on the Eagles? Todd "I'm afraid of getting hit" Pinkston?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 03:33 PM   #123
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragone
Don't worry.. Philadelphia's team mom will lead them to another nfc championship game loss

I smell a rancid batch of Chunky's soup being delivered to the locker room sometime next week.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:34 PM   #124
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Indy, make my dreams come true and win this thing.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:34 PM   #125
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I would really like to see Denver in the playoffs. Have they been eliminated already? I don't know what it is, but I always feel compelled to root for Jake Plummer.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 01-02-2005 at 03:34 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 03:34 PM   #126
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

i honestly would rather go to the superbowl and lose in a very well fought game to the pats, then lose 3 straight nfc championships.. lol
Old 01-02-2005, 03:35 PM   #127
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic
Who is there to defend on the Eagles? Todd "I'm afraid of getting hit" Pinkston?

lol, I see your point.

I think that having Westbrook heathy this year is going to be the key. That and the defense is playing great this year when the starters are healthy. Ever since Trotter has been in the middle, they've been very solid against the run, and Kearse is one of the linemen in this league that can actually change a game.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:36 PM   #128
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
I would really like to see Denver in the playoffs. Have they been eliminated already? I don't know what it is, but I always feel compelled to root for Jake Plummer.

This is a playoff game for them.

#6 seed

Denver win = Denver
Denver loss, Jacksonville win = Jacksonville
Denver loss, Jacksonville loss = Baltimore
Old 01-02-2005, 03:36 PM   #129
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
How can you paint McNabb a villan?

That and I never wished for an injury on the Panthers. They just didn't deserve to be in last year, and I'm a little bitter thats all .

They had a very good team last year and without a john kasay kick out of bounds may well would have been the super bowl winner, not just runner up, and this year lost something like 75% of their WR/RB offense from the last season in the first 3 weeks, and lost their best defensive lineman, and had a rookie corner starting all year, and overcame what, 4 RB injuries to almost come back from 1-7 to finish .500... I think this is a team w/ a very positive future.

Hey, I'd be bitter if I was an Eagles fan too, but I don't think it takes anything away from what Carolina did last year or the positive outlook for the franchise.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 03:37 PM   #130
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

well said radii
Old 01-02-2005, 03:38 PM   #131
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

C'mon Mora. This game is meaningless. Take Vick out NOW.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:38 PM   #132
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

The Packers D was good enough to beat the Vikings.. The Eagles dont have near the passing game Minnesota does. So unless Freddie Mitchell or Todd Pinkston show up and really turn some heads, Green Bay will beat Philly. Any team could cover those receivers. The best team in the NFL is Pittsburgh, and the top 6 teams all come from the AFC. I think if T.O. was healthy though, Philly would be as close to a super bowl lock as you can get.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 03:38 PM   #133
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii
They had a very good team last year and without a john kasay kick out of bounds may well would have been the super bowl winner, not just runner up, and this year lost something like 75% of their WR/RB offense from the last season in the first 3 weeks, and lost their best defensive lineman, and had a rookie corner starting all year, and overcame what, 4 RB injuries to almost come back from 1-7 to finish .500... I think this is a team w/ a very positive future.

Hey, I'd be bitter if I was an Eagles fan too, but I don't think it takes anything away from what Carolina did last year or the positive outlook for the franchise.

I think I'm jealous because someone forgot to tell the Panthers (and the Marlins for that matter) that your supposted to get to the playoff's and lose in the first or second round for a few years before you get to the SuperBowl/ World Series!
Old 01-02-2005, 03:38 PM   #134
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Thanks homer.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:39 PM   #135
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
The Packers D was good enough to beat the Vikings.. The Eagles dont have near the passing game Minnesota does. So unless Freddie Mitchell or Todd Pinkston show up and really turn some heads, Green Bay will beat Philly. Any team could cover those receivers. The best team in the NFL is Pittsburgh, and the top 6 teams all come from the AFC. I think if T.O. was healthy though, Philly would be as close to a super bowl lock as you can get.

Trust me, I've seen Al Harris. He's good for 2-3 Defensive Holding calls a game. If he's your #1 CB (I think he is), you're in a world of trouble.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:40 PM   #136
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Well good news for the Broncoes is that Sorgi is in at QB for Indy. But the bad news is that he's already connected for a TD .
Old 01-02-2005, 03:40 PM   #137
temley06
H.S. Freshman Team

Too bad Carolina is out, I think they would be a much more worthy opponent than either Minnesota or St. Louis.
temley06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 03:41 PM   #138
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Oh, and the #6 seed in the AFC plays Indy. So A Denver win sets up a Denver @ Indy rematch. I kind of doubt that's ever happened to the same set of teams two years in a row.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:41 PM   #139
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
C'mon Mora. This game is meaningless. Take Vick out NOW.

Vick is actually playing???
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 03:42 PM   #140
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

The odds of a tie are increasing by the minute in the Jets game. The Rams need a win, while New Orleans wants a Jets win or tie.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:43 PM   #141
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

If Seattle loses to Atlanta, that means three of the six NFC playoff teams will be 8-8.

And if St. Louis wins, that means the division with quite possibly the worst overall record in NFL history will produce two playoff teams.

Last edited by Solecismic : 01-02-2005 at 03:44 PM.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 03:44 PM   #142
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Well he didn't look half bad in the first drive. Now the 1st Q is over, he should probably sit. He didn't play last week and they have a bye, don't want him to be too rusty.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:44 PM   #143
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Huge run by Curtis Martin who is making a very serious run at the rushing title. He's got over 150 yards.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:44 PM   #144
Philliesfan980
Banned

Big run by Martin
Old 01-02-2005, 03:45 PM   #145
Philliesfan980
Banned

the 35 *SHOULD* be good enough for any good NFL kicker indoors.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:45 PM   #146
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Yeah, and he took a very hard hit attempting a pass. As bad as our offensive line is and as much as this game means to Seattle, let the guy sit.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:46 PM   #147
Ben E Lou

Ack. He's still in at the start of the 2nd qtr.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:46 PM   #148
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

About a 53 yard field goal attempt coming by the Jets...
Old 01-02-2005, 03:46 PM   #149
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

...wide right.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:46 PM   #150
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Jeez.. Brien missed it