Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-03-2005, 11:38 AM   #101
SelzShoes
High School Varsity

Attack of the Killer Leeches--probably the last movie made in B&W for budgetary reasons.
SelzShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 12:25 AM   #102
TLK
Pro Starter

I missed this the first few times around, but here goes nothing....

1. Toys
2. A Dirty Shame- Should be #1 but I really dislike Toys. I beg you to rent this injustice to film.
3. Tank Girl- mentioned earlier.... awesome soundtrack had me thinking it would be a decent movie... pfffttttt
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 12:43 AM   #103
BishopMVP
Coordinator

2 - Rollerball (new one w/ LL Cool J and Rebecca Romijn topless only thing saving it from #1)
1 - League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 06:16 AM   #104
WrongWay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708
Chronicles of Riddick
Alexander
HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?

Both of these movies are out with their "Director's Cut"

Chronicles of Riddick = The directors cut provides extended footage that adds to the storyline. +18 minutes.

Alexander = Extended Battle scenes, and extended Alexander youth Scenes. (-8 Minutes)Oh yeah, Oliver Stones has removed most of the Homosexual undertones of the movie.

I never saw Riddick at the theater, but I did enjoy the DC. chronicles of Riddick on DVD. Alexander, I saw on opening day and regreeted it ever since, but if the Homo-Scenes are removed this might not be a bad movie.

Last edited by WrongWay : 08-04-2005 at 06:17 AM.
WrongWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 07:31 AM   #105
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongWay

I never saw Riddick at the theater, but I did enjoy the DC. chronicles of Riddick on DVD. Alexander, I saw on opening day and regreeted it ever since, but if the part that reflects the real historical truths are removed this might not be a bad movie.

fixed that for ya....god forbid the movie reflect what really happened at all.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 07:56 AM   #106
Blackadar
Retired

Some good/bad ones have been mentioned:

Leonard Part VI, Waterworld, Battlefield Earth, Buttman and Robin, Ishtar (Senator is old school like me), Wing Commander, Dumb and Dumberer, Cadyshack II, Congo...

Come on, guys. Mentioning these is like shooting fish in a barrel! You have to do better than this.

My Controversial Pick: Lost in Translation. I have never sat through something so dull and pointless. Even Accounting 202 with Ms. Williams was more interesting.

My Defense of a Previous Pick: The Blair Witch Project. If you're looking at it like a big Hollywood Blockbuster, then I can see the inclusion of this. But when you realize it was make for about $10k and that the web marketing of this film - to make people think this was real footage - made this film great.

Last edited by Blackadar : 08-04-2005 at 07:56 AM.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 08:04 AM   #107
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwood_DK

This was the only time I walked out of a theatre.

I'd walk out too if I saw a big red X on screen.

Last edited by Blackadar : 08-04-2005 at 08:04 AM.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 08:09 AM   #108
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar
I'd walk out too if I saw a big red X on screen.

lol

I can see it fine in my browser.

The horrible film is "Sommersby"
Northwood_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 08:17 AM   #109
Sadalia
n00b

Spawn. Though to be fair I didn't see all of it, having walked out halfway through.
Sadalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 09:44 AM   #110
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

1. 12 MONKEYS (Bruce Willis, Brad Pitt)
2. Firewalker (Chuck Norris, Lou Gossit)
3. Jump (Amanda Peet)
4. Duck (Watch at your own risk)
5. ME AND YOU AND EVERYONE WE KNOW
6. Monster-in-Law (J-Lo vehicle)
7. Universal Soldier (Van Damn)
8. XXX 1&2 (Cube & Diesal)
9. All the Real Girls
10. Enough (More j-lo)
11. The Green Berets (John Wayne's Vietnam film)
12. Just Married

I got more, but I am tired of typing.
Superman=#54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 11:18 AM   #111
Cuckoo
College Starter

I think 12 Monkeys may be one of my favorites. Granted, I have a LOT of favorites and I own a lot of movies, but I really like that one.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:22 AM   #112
rkmsuf
Head Coach

I'll bet Shorty is gaga for 12 monkeys.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:54 PM   #113
Psmith
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Wow, I've always heard about this horrible movie but I've never actually seen it. Then last night I found out that it was written by an El Pasoan and filmed in El Paso. Heck, they even had the premier in El Paso. Apparently you can see a number of El Paso landmarks throughout the flick...

For there to be El Paso landmarks in this movie would imply that the director actually pointed the camera at something interesting sometime during filming. I can assure you that this does not happen. Manos is set outside of El Paso, so the only things you see are roads, fields, and a dinky little house (unless there's something scenic that MST3K cut, which doesn't seem likely). I used to live in El Paso, and I didn't recognize anything.

I almost never see current movies, but from MST3K movies I'd actually choose Merlin's Shop of Mystical Pet Deaths... er Mystical Wonders as the worst. Manos was created by rank amateurs, but Merlin had Ernest Borgnine and should have been at least a tiny bit good.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:56 PM   #114
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3D was pretty god-awful.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 02:01 PM   #115
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman=#54
8. XXX 1&2 (Cube & Diesal)
So after you saw XXX and hated it, what made you think a sequel with an even more preposterous plot and Ice Cube starring was going to be worth watching?

And 12 Monkeys was solid. No way it's close to worst ever.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 02:56 PM   #116
PghSteelerFan
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
That is why I have always put Gettysburg on my top 10 favorites list despite its flaws. As a Civil War fanatic, it is the only Civil War movie/miniseries ever made that wasn't a soap opera.

Gettysburg is on my top 10 as well. I actually signed up as an extra in that film. Never got into the film because they told me it would be a week before they needed anyone. I had to get back to Pittsburgh for work. Oh well.

Buc, did you see Gods & Generals? That was, IMHO, the worst Civil War film ever. My wife bought for me for Xmas and I still haven't told her how much I hate that film. So many things wrong with it.
PghSteelerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 02:59 PM   #117
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuckoo
I think 12 Monkeys may be one of my favorites. Granted, I have a LOT of favorites and I own a lot of movies, but I really like that one.

I agree. I think 12 Monkeys is an excellent film. Probably some of Bruce Willis' best acting. Good plot. Cool visuals. Interesting story. Hot Madeline Stowe. It's all good.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 03:11 PM   #118
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Patch Adams.

"Everyone's a voyeurist--they're watching me watch them watch me right now."
ThunderingHERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 03:21 PM   #119
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimyo
The Avengers

Horrible, horrible movie. We were one of two couples left in the theatre at the end of that movie.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 03:30 PM   #120
Vince
Pro Starter

Though it's not in league with some of the gems already posted in this thread, I'll nominate two --

Michael, starring John Travolta. Terrible, terrible movie.
The Pacifier, starring Vin Diesel. With a little sister who is 10 years my junior, I get the joy of watching plenty of these sappy little movies. Halfway through the movie, even SHE wanted to turn it off.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.

Last edited by Vince : 08-04-2005 at 03:31 PM.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 03:43 PM   #121
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLionKing
I missed this the first few times around, but here goes nothing....

1. Toys

3. Tank Girl- mentioned earlier.... awesome soundtrack had me thinking it would be a decent movie... pfffttttt

Ok, this post leads me to believe we need to make the distinction between Watching movies sober, and watching movies in some other mental state....

These two movies are fucking HYSTERICAL if you are drunk and or stoned at the time. Tank Girl is a freaking classic "DUDE! Drink yer ass off and watch this" type of movie.

Toys requires either extreme enibriation or a good ten tokes of weed to become truly classic in this manner, but well....nevermind...err...I Umm....think I've said enough......
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 04:02 PM   #122
Ramzavail
College Starter

Gods and Monsters.

Brendon Fraser's phalanx.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 04:47 PM   #123
Cuckoo
College Starter

How about Mercury Rising - horrible plot, bad Bruce Willis acting, and the little kid from Kindergarten Cop trying to act autistic. "Simon is hooommmme" begins to seriously grate on your nerves.

Don't know if they've been mentioned, but I'll add the fairly recent House of the Dead to the list along with Cutthroat Island.

And I don't know if this would be considered controversial or not (probably not to most guys), but Before Sunrise is just really, really boring. How it spawned a sequal that was critically acclaimed is beyond me.

Last edited by Cuckoo : 08-04-2005 at 04:48 PM.
Cuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 07:16 PM   #124
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuckoo
And I don't know if this would be considered controversial or not (probably not to most guys), but Before Sunrise is just really, really boring. How it spawned a sequal that was critically acclaimed is beyond me.

I liked Before Sunrise despite the extremely annoying Ethan Hawke. Before Sunset was a great film.

"Everyone's a voyeurist--they're watching me watch them watch me right now."
ThunderingHERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 07:30 PM   #125
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghSteelerFan
Gettysburg is on my top 10 as well. I actually signed up as an extra in that film. Never got into the film because they told me it would be a week before they needed anyone. I had to get back to Pittsburgh for work. Oh well.

Buc, did you see Gods & Generals? That was, IMHO, the worst Civil War film ever. My wife bought for me for Xmas and I still haven't told her how much I hate that film. So many things wrong with it.

PghSteelerFan, welcome, I don't think I've seen you around. WSUCoug and I (and a few others as well) are the CW fanatics here and welcome any and all discussions on this fascinating period.

I think there is at least one post still around when G&G came out. I know I stated this is was one of my most anticipated movie of all time and I did see it in the theatre. I was familiar with the reviews and thoroughly did not enjoy watching that. I have had no interest in getting the DVD or seeing it again. Bob Maxwell filmed like it was some @%#$! art house period piece and while it was not a lame soap opera (and Stephen Lane did perform well), it was what it could have been that frustrates many Civil War historians and buffs - a movie exploring the first two years of the war and its ebbs and flows. Instead, we got a Stonewall bio and despite its length, a very disjointing movie with far too many wasteful scenes. I think this was the best shot at such a movie because of the relative independent, non-Hollywood nature of the funding and attention to historicalness.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 07:34 PM   #126
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
1. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
2. Bull Durham
3. Pearl Harbor
4. Matrix trilogy
5. Old School (Will Ferrell has replaced Sandler and Stiller as the worst actor currently, imo)

Upon further reflection, I think I still stand by my list. I haven't watch many new movies this year, even though the one I had to see (Star Wars 3 or 6) was god awful, it's not quite bad enough to put in my top (bottom?) 10.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 06:21 AM   #127
Hijinx
Mascot

Fair Game - without a doubt the worst movie I've ever seen. It's a modern version of Plan 9 without the campy feel.

To Protect and Serve - I could probably put any number of c. thomas howell flicks up here, but this is the one that stands out to me.

Under Siege 2 - "you're the real hero" uuuuuuuuuggggggghhhhhhhhh
Old 08-05-2005, 08:07 AM   #128
PghSteelerFan
n00b

Quote:
PghSteelerFan, welcome, I don't think I've seen you around. WSUCoug and I (and a few others as well) are the CW fanatics here and welcome any and all discussions on this fascinating period.

I think there is at least one post still around when G&G came out. I know I stated this is was one of my most anticipated movie of all time and I did see it in the theatre. I was familiar with the reviews and thoroughly did not enjoy watching that. I have had no interest in getting the DVD or seeing it again. Bob Maxwell filmed like it was some @%#$! art house period piece and while it was not a lame soap opera (and Stephen Lane did perform well), it was what it could have been that frustrates many Civil War historians and buffs - a movie exploring the first two years of the war and its ebbs and flows. Instead, we got a Stonewall bio and despite its length, a very disjointing movie with far too many wasteful scenes. I think this was the best shot at such a movie because of the relative independent, non-Hollywood nature of the funding and attention to historicalness.

Thanks for the welcome Buc. I don't post all that often but enjoy reading the discussions on this board.

I could not agree with your quote more. I had high aspirations for that film but, like you, came away highly disappointed. I love reading about this period of the war (Manassas to Gettysburg) as I think that it is the most interesting and could not believe that Hollywood could ruin it the way they did. So now I have another DVD that I will never watch.
PghSteelerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 08:35 AM   #129
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineTar
Cadyshack II was disgraceful. Easily holds its own with anything mentioned here.

It took 91 posts, but somebody finally mentioned it. HORRID film. And a deceptive cover that shows Chevy Chase as if he is featured, when he is only in it for 5 minutes maybe.

Here is my other nomination: Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn. It was an early 80s 3-D sci fi film. Awful!

Oh, and Out Of Africa. Terrible movie. My family made the mistake of going to see it in the theater. All 4 of us hated the movie, but didn't want to ruin it for the others by asking to leave. It would have a scene where you'd think it was finally ending, only to go into another slow-moving life-draining plot point.

Last edited by Kodos : 08-05-2005 at 08:35 AM.
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote