Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-28-2003, 09:16 PM   #101
couriers

Quote:
Originally posted by astralhaze
No problem man. I just missunderstood you comments. I take them back. As I said, I don't do flame wars.

Except on Fridays, while I like to wait until Saturdays myself.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:17 PM   #102
couriers

Quote:
Originally posted by Qwikshot
ZZzzz Zzzzz Zzzzz

Exactly my point.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:21 PM   #103
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by couriers
Except on Fridays, while I like to wait until Saturdays myself.

Nor do I, I was just proving the point that you would come back to this thread...couriers I could care less what your position is, but I didn't judge you when the fit hit the shan for the QoTM, I don't like being pegged as a Horns baiter...I could care less about a lot of the things Horns does, but I couldn't resist with this whole post...I don't think God Help Us was exactly an abrasive or confrontational post...one could think of Michael Jackson's children and think the same thing...it's not so much the kid...it's the idea that there will be a little Horns running around...I wish him all the best in family matters, but of course, I was taken out of context, so I decided to be a little abrasive...I don't hold much respect for Horns, but I think that the feeling is mutual.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 09:21 PM   #104
astralhaze
College Prospect

Quote:
Horns is a caged animal...someone alert PETA...

That gives a whole new meaning to the term "unleash the fuckin fury" doesn't it.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:23 PM   #105
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
That gives a whole new meaning to the term "unleash the fuckin fury" doesn't it.

Perhaps we should call pest control instead?!?
Old 04-28-2003, 09:27 PM   #106
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Exactly my point.

Get down with your bad self couriers...you da man, guess you've been reading up on Horns recommended literature.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:30 PM   #107
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

To get somewhat back on topic...

HM, do you have relatives near you? If not, be prepared to give up a lot of your life to your child. We have no one near us (although my wife's folks may be moving to within 2-3 hours of us, thankfully), and we've only had a handful of nights to ourselves since our daughter was born. We don't really like the idea of babysitters, so we use them sparingly, but it's been hard. Since August 1999, I've seen exactly 2 movies at the theater (well, 4, if you count The Piglet Movie and Jungle Book II).

If you do have relatives around, especially grand parents, abuse the shit out of their babysitting services. I look forward to being able to drive a couple of hours on a Friday night, dropping the kid off, and heading to the beach or flying somewhere for a quick weekend away with the wife.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 09:31 PM   #108
couriers

Qwikshot,

Your feelings for HM really doesn't bother me. What bothers me is when people say shit about others without the thought of remaining silent instead of rude. I never once categorized you in that group yet you felt it was necessary to say, "and couriers...fuck off man, go back to hassling John Galt.." as if I had. Your remark towards me doesn't hurt in the least but that doesn’t change the fact that it was uncalled for. I had done nothing to you up to that point and didn't deserve to be brought into your personal beef with Horns.

EDIT: Take my thoughts for what you may consider them to be worth but please don't take them as flame bait because I have no intention of getting into something stupid with you or anyone else. At least not until Saturday.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:34 PM   #109
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Qwikshot,

Your feelings for HM really doesn't bother me. What bothers me is when people say shit about others without the thought of remaining silent instead of rude. I never once categorized you in that group yet you felt it was necessary to say, "and couriers...fuck off man, go back to hassling John Galt.." as if I had. Your remark towards me doesn't hurt in the least but that doesn’t change the fact that it was uncalled for. I had done nothing to you up to that point and didn't deserve to be brought into your personal beef with Horns.

EDIT: Take my thoughts for what you may consider them to be worth but please don't take them as flame bait because I have no intention of getting into something stupid with you or anyone else. At least not until Saturday.

Fair enough, I apologize to you, I felt you had corralled me into that category. Yeah, yeah, flame bait...whatever...anyway, I apologize and I will move on. Saturday I believe I'll be watching the FLyers, so you can have free reign of the board.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:35 PM   #110
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Originally posted by Ksyrup

HM, do you have relatives near you? If not, be prepared to give up a lot of your life to your child. We have no one near us (although my wife's folks may be moving to within 2-3 hours of us, thankfully), and we've only had a handful of nights to ourselves since our daughter was born. We don't really like the idea of babysitters, so we use them sparingly, but it's been hard. Since August 1999, I've seen exactly 2 movies at the theater (well, 4, if you count The Piglet Movie and Jungle Book II).

If you do have relatives around, especially grand parents, abuse the shit out of their babysitting services. I look forward to being able to drive a couple of hours on a Friday night, dropping the kid off, and heading to the beach or flying somewhere for a quick weekend away with the wife.

Excellent point. My nearest family is 3 hours away. My wife's nearest family is 30+ hours away. It sucks, not only for getting out (my 16 year old stepdaughter babysits), but in case of emergency it can be a bitch. I don't even want to tell you what I had to go through to get the kids to school and daycare when my wife had to fly back to NJ for a funeral two weeks ago.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:37 PM   #111
astralhaze
College Prospect

Wow, everyone is like apologizing and stuff. It's a very special episode of FOFC. If only Alan Thicke were here.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:38 PM   #112
vtbub
College Starter

Your life no longer belongs to you.

vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 09:39 PM   #113
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Wow, everyone is like apologizing and stuff. It's a very special episode of FOFC. If only Alan Thicke were here.

On a special Growing Pains...
Old 04-28-2003, 09:39 PM   #114
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

I like the kinder, gentlier HM. No longer does he say he doesn't care, now he feels pain like the rest of us...Group hugs make everything better...

And if it is true, congrats on the kid and good luck.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:50 PM   #115
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Like I have said before, it has become painfully obvious that some members are only interested in making themselves feel better by making other feel like crap. Horns has not asked for any of this bullshit by simply posting about the possibility of becoming a father. The disrespect is sickening. Past behavior should remain in the past at some point and a discussion about someone possibly having a child is as good a place to start as any.

Those that have attacked Horns in this thread for the sake of being funny have failed. They have also failed at making him look bad. Their only achievement was to have made themselves look like Asses.

This kind of backlash only goes to make the fanboys of this board look as stupid as the fanboys of the OOTP board that they always rag on.

Go hang with your little friend.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 09:56 PM   #116
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by HornsManiac
No, it will not ever stop. I have tried everything including not even posting here for weeks at a time. However, there will always be the cruel sadists of this community who are after my blood. If this is TRULY a decent community made up of generally quality members of society then why aren't more of you rising up to stop the cruel sadism?

I think Eminem can relate and he sums it up quite nicely with these few lines...

HornsManiac

I just don't get why you keep coming back here and getting upset when people don't like you. And if your response is "Who am I?" I am nobody. I enjoy the I'm with stupid contests, reading the FOF threads, reading some of the funnier posts, and occiasionaly getting into a war debate. I don't pretend that I am an active, popular member of the community. I started coming here about the same time as you and Devanyfan. Unfortunatly your trolling was quite obvious from the beginning and we lost a better member of the community because of it. But do you really think that 50% of the board cares when you post? And then you get pissed off when they show that they don't. Every post of yours turns into you telling 10 or 15 people to fuck off, so I will ask you again why do you do this to yourself?
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 10:04 PM   #117
couriers

Gee, I wonder who the real ass is in this thread?
Old 04-28-2003, 10:07 PM   #118
HornsManiac

Quote:
I don't hold much respect for Horns, but I think that the feeling is mutual.

Actually, I have not had any reason to truly dislike you, so it isn't mutual. I guess you have pretty much tried to make it mutual today though.

HornsManiac
Old 04-28-2003, 10:11 PM   #119
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Actually, I have not had any reason to truly dislike you, so it isn't mutual. I guess you have pretty much tried to make it mutual today though.

HornsManiac

Actually I don't think I've been harsh at all...I think I was meaner to couriers...but I do feel that some of the jabs you get are warranted, you will always be remembered for certain actions, and you always are here...don't expect the dust to ever settle, and you can't go from one extreme to the other...

Regardless of whatever jabs I've given to you, I do hope that your wife has a healthy pregnacy, and you have a healthy child...if it turns out that your wife isn't pregnant, it should definately make you sit and think over whether or not you want to make sacrifices yet. Either way, best of luck.
Old 04-28-2003, 10:12 PM   #120
HornsManiac

Quote:
Originally posted by panerd
I just don't get why you keep coming back here and getting upset when people don't like you.

You just don't get it, do you? Sadly, you really don't. This is not about demanding people "like" me, but about people respecting me and my right to post here. I couldn't care less who likes and dislikes me, but I do care about being constantly abused. There are quite a few poeple here that I strongly dislike, but I don't attack them every time they post something.

HornsManiac
Old 04-28-2003, 10:20 PM   #121
HornsManiac

dola....

Also, I stay here because I know for a fact that I have far more supporters than you think I have. Look at the numbers of people who are starting to defend me. Plus, I have many more private messages from people who actually do respect me, but those people don't want to risk their own pristine reputations here by publicly speaking out on my behalf. Maybe if they could do so without fear of retribution they would. Regardless, they support me and I know it and that is what matters the most.

HornsManiac
Old 04-28-2003, 10:56 PM   #122
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:

Speaking of Alan Thicke, he got pegged by a stray hockey puck while practicing for a charity hockey game and lost 4 teeth.

I wish I had pictures.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 11:01 PM   #123
RonnieDobbs
High School JV

Quote:
You just don't get it, do you? Sadly, you really don't. This is not about demanding people "like" me, but about people respecting me and my right to post here. I couldn't care less who likes and dislikes me, but I do care about being constantly abused. There are quite a few poeple here that I strongly dislike, but I don't attack them every time they post something.

HornsManiac

On t'other hand, you'll have to respect people's rights to not respect you, and to post in such a fashion. It's never going to change.

Horns, I have nothing against you. I think you're entertaining. I think you're a troll. I think you post what you do (many times) to get a rise from people. You're not an idiot. You know whats coming. That's why I never get why you go and pull the victim card. It just doesn't fit you well. I honestly believe I have a subjective viewpoint here, and all I've ever seen is you throw some bait out there, one of them bites, and BLAMMO a flame war erupts.

Either deal with it and stop bitching, deal with and keep trying to paint yourself a martyr, or find another bulletin board. (And don't try to say I'm telling you to leave, that's not it at all. These are the three options you have.) I'd pick the first, but definitely don't keep playing the "I'm an innocent victim" game. Like the flame wars it instigates, it gets old fast.

And congrats on the kid coming. I hope he/she grows up to be might cocky and funny.

Proud Manager of the BOSTON WYCKYD SCEPTRE
Also attempting to Right The Ship with the Clippers
RonnieDobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 11:16 PM   #124
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
people respecting me

You need to earn respect bub, it is not just given to you (unless you are REALLY cock and funny).

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 11:24 PM   #125
wbonnell
College Prospect

Horns- just curious, but is this abrasive personality (not that there's anything wrong with that ) created stricly for online exploration? Personally I've been with this community for nearly 4 years, and there are only a select few I don't care for (won't read their posts).

Is your real life personality rife with controversy as well?
wbonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 12:35 AM   #126
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
I HEART Marmel
Old 04-29-2003, 12:46 AM   #127
HornsManiac

Quote:
Originally posted by wbonnell
Horns- just curious, but is this abrasive personality (not that there's anything wrong with that ) created stricly for online exploration? Personally I've been with this community for nearly 4 years, and there are only a select few I don't care for (won't read their posts).

Is your real life personality rife with controversy as well?

Actually, my real life is completely opposite of HornsManiac's. I am among the most likeable men you would ever meet and have absolutely zero enemies in my life right now. With that said, HornsManiac has been pushed to madness and that is the reason he is there now.

HornsManiac
Old 04-29-2003, 01:27 AM   #128
astralhaze
College Prospect

Rickey didn't feel like he need to steal second, but Rickey could have if he wanted to. Remember, Rickey is the greatest of all time.
Old 04-29-2003, 01:33 AM   #129
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Rickey didn't feel like he need to steal second, but Rickey could have if he wanted to. Remember, Rickey is the greatest of all time.

Bwahahahahaha!

Alright... it wasn't really that funny, but, then again, I'm not usually up this late. (Note to Horns - this is to be expected during your impending fatherhood)
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 04:57 AM   #130
Alf
Pro Starter

HM, did you stop dating girls over the internet recently then ?
Old 04-29-2003, 09:07 AM   #131
scooper
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Actually, my real life is completely opposite of HornsManiac's. I am among the most likeable men you would ever meet and have absolutely zero enemies in my life right now. With that said, HornsManiac has been pushed to madness and that is the reason he is there now.

HornsManiac

edit: The picture disappeared. It was a picture of Butters from South Park as Professor Chaos.

Last edited by scooper : 04-29-2003 at 02:29 PM.
scooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 09:13 AM   #132
scooper
College Benchwarmer

Dola.

In all seriousness, good luck, Horns, if in fact she is pregnant. I have no advice as we are working on our first now as well. I can see it being a huge lifestyle adjustment, though. My wife and I have discussed some of the changes we will have to make from little things like watching our language to no more spontaneous uh playing around anytime anywhere in the house. One thing we've decided is that there is no way to be completely prepared. We'll just learn it as we go as all first time parents do.
scooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 09:17 AM   #133
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Horns, Horns, Horns...

You seem to want the fallout from last year's "little incident" to just go away. But here's the problem: you never dealt with what happened in any way that would make it go away. From day one, you handled it in about the worst way possible: the denials, the conspiracy theories, the attempted cover-up, right through to the bizarre alter-egos you created to defend yourself. It was honestly one of the most bizarre online meltdowns I've ever seen anyone have, and it will probably live in infamy on this forum forever.

I'd offer you the advice to come clean about the whole thing, accept responsibility, apologize and move on, but I know it would be wasted. So my only other advice would be to get used to it. You'll always be a punchline around here.

P.S. Congratulations on the new addition the family. Really.
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 09:31 AM   #134
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by Ksyrup

Straying on topic again....

Ugh, this is the truth. I don't think we've used a babysitter, except when my mom has been in town or we've visited my wife's parents in Florida. I can't even remember the last movie we went to...Phantom Menace maybe? We don't even watch them at home, there's no way you can pay attention seriously to anything for more than about 15 minutes. And by time they get to bed you're too damned tired to do much of anything, or have a million things you still need to do.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 10:02 AM   #135
revrew
Team Chaplain

Horns, I didn't even see this thread until it was in its third page. I didn't read the posts that must have so offended you, and I haven't read 1/5 of the posts in this thread. But I'm guessing from what I did read that you haven't gotten what you originally hoped for.

Daddying is the most life-changing experience you may ever have and the most important role in society. You will mess it up, but you may also find forgiveness and grace beyond anything you've ever known. I'm actively involved in messing up my kids for life right now, but am finding each day is another chance to become the kind of man I always hoped I'd be.

I discovered I was a father unexpectedly when I was 18. Since then, my wife and I have had 7 more children (though most of those were expected ). If you have sincere questions, please PM me.

"Any Dick can be a father, it takes a special man to be a daddy."
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 10:50 AM   #136
Craptacular
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by revrew

"Any Dick can be a father, it takes a special man to be a daddy."

My first read of that said "Andy Dick can be a father..."

I fear for our planet if that man has kids.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 10:57 AM   #137
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Craptacular
My first read of that said "Andy Dick can be a father..."

Andy Dick has kids by two women...
Old 04-29-2003, 10:57 AM   #138
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Craptacular
Nice going. Now Andy Dick is going to show up here and ask the moderators to please make people leave him alone.
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 11:09 AM   #139
RealDeal
High School Varsity

I say, as a preventative measure, we go on and ban Spawn of HM from the FOFC board right now, to save ourselves a lot of future trouble.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 11:20 AM   #140
MrIllini
High School Varsity

has the mailman taken a paternity test yet?
Old 04-29-2003, 11:38 AM   #141
Willy Wonka
n00b

Another piece of sludge in the ol' Gene Pool!!!

j/k - congrats.

although you might take MrIllini's question into account
Old 04-29-2003, 11:51 AM   #142
Frozenrope
Mascot

Quote:
Originally posted by MrIllini
has the mailman taken a paternity test yet?

Is that a blood test, or do you have to pee in a cup?

Kids....rough....but fun.......lots of hugs.....just no sleep....
Old 04-29-2003, 11:53 AM   #143
MrIllini
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by Frozenrope
Is that a blood test, or do you have to pee in a cup?

it's a visual test

if the kid comes out and he/she's cute, it's the mailman's
Old 04-29-2003, 12:52 PM   #144
Daimyo
College Starter

First of all, congrats and good luck on the kid. I can't even imagine how my life would change if my wife and I had a child right now.

Second of all, about the larger issue. Why do we have to stop making fun of Horns? No one ever complains when we make fun of Dave Dial, STYX, or any of the other infamous people from fofc's past. You think Horns gets shit on... just see what would happen if one of those guys would post here overtly.

Like it or not, what Horns did is as bad or worse than any of those guys and will forever be a part of our lore. Its actually amazing to me that he hasn't been banned yet... he has certainly "earned" it.

I don't think that Horns is destined to always be mocked, but he's going to have to adjust his attitude for anything to change. As Marmel mentioned above, you have to earn respect and right now Horns is the negative big time. Until he understands the hole he needs to dig out of for a lot of people to respect him, he's never going to get the respect he wants. Of course I'm sure he'll say he doesn't need/want the respect of people on the internet, but if that's true I guess he shouldn't care when we mock him either.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 01:00 PM   #145
Willy Wonka
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by Daimyo
First of all, congrats and good luck on the kid. I can't even imagine how my life would change if my wife and I had a child right now.

Second of all, about the larger issue. Why do we have to stop making fun of Horns? No one ever complains when we make fun of Dave Dial, STYX, or any of the other infamous people from fofc's past. You think Horns gets shit on... just see what would happen if one of those guys would post here overtly.

Like it or not, what Horns did is as bad or worse than any of those guys and will forever be a part of our lore. Its actually amazing to me that he hasn't been banned yet... he has certainly "earned" it.

I don't think that Horns is destined to always be mocked, but he's going to have to adjust his attitude for anything to change. As Marmel mentioned above, you have to earn respect and right now Horns is the negative big time. Until he understands the hole he needs to dig out of for a lot of people to respect him, he's never going to get the respect he wants. Of course I'm sure he'll say he doesn't need/want the respect of people on the internet, but if that's true I guess he shouldn't care when we mock him either.

Old 04-29-2003, 01:07 PM   #146
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Very well said Daimyo. It is only a matter of time before we develope a term related to Horns (see: Dola-post).

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 02:19 PM   #147
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

No advice can prepare you for fatherhood.

Nike said it best, "Just do it".

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 02:24 PM   #148
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Look at the topic:
HornsManiac Jr. - help you "Dads"

He puts dads in quotation marks as to be mocking anyone who is on here who actually is a father of a child.

Anyways good luck if your wife is pregnant, maybe you'll have a daughter and some guy will treat her how you recommend men treat women.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 02:35 PM   #149
Franklinnoble
Banned

This thread ought to be locked.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 02:43 PM   #150
Anrhydeddu
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Anyways good luck if your wife is pregnant, maybe you'll have a daughter and some guy will treat her how you recommend men treat women.

ohhhh, that was cruel
Anrhydeddu is offline   Reply With Quote