Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
TD LIONS!!!

Lions 5-2!
Old 10-19-2014, 03:23 PM   #102
mckerney
Coordinator

Teams that trade away Percy Harvin are now 7-16-1 after dealing him.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 03:28 PM   #103
mckerney
Coordinator

That might be slightly skewed by how awful the Vikings have been with and without Harvin the last 5 years.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 03:28 PM   #104
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
That Bengals/Colts game was difficult to watch.

I love seeing that the Colts got the win.

Although the Bengals laying an egg screws up my Pick 'em
Old 10-19-2014, 03:28 PM   #105
cuervo72
Head Coach

Was out all day but managed to hear the end of the Redskins game on the radio. From the call by Larry Michael you'd think they'd just won the Super Bowl.

Last edited by cuervo72 : 10-19-2014 at 03:33 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 03:33 PM   #106
Jas_lov
College Starter

The Packers were left for dead after week 3 and have now won four in a row. They've already played the toughest part of their schedule at SEA, at DET, at CHI. One tough road game left at NO, the rest of the tough ones are in Lambeau. The offense is firing on all cylinders and the defense is back to its opportunistic ways. I'd put GB at the top of the NFC with Dallas right now.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 03:34 PM   #107
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Who knew that Colt McCoy is still in the league?

So who has the bigger trade value:
RG3, Cousins, or McCoy?
Old 10-19-2014, 03:38 PM   #108
weegeebored
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
I'm not sure what Trestman is supposed to do to combat Cutler being Cutler.
I dunno...have a better game plan? Have better time management skills? Figure out that the only thing working today was touches by Forte? Coaching is not rocket science. Hey wait...I thought Trestman was the quarterback whisperer?
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 05:13 PM   #109
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Good to know that the NFL officiating still completely sucks ass. 44 for the Giants was fumbling the ball before the whistle blew, he lost control of it right when he got hit.

I thought I'd tune in for a bit today and it is good to know nothing has changed.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:28 PM   #110
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
The Packers were left for dead after week 3 and have now won four in a row. They've already played the toughest part of their schedule at SEA, at DET, at CHI. One tough road game left at NO, the rest of the tough ones are in Lambeau. The offense is firing on all cylinders and the defense is back to its opportunistic ways. I'd put GB at the top of the NFC with Dallas right now.

Who exactly left them as dead?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 05:29 PM   #111
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I bet a coworker lunch today, who is a Browns fan, that the Browns would lose one of the next 3 games vs the Raiders, JAgs, and Buccs.

Jersey Mikes for lunch tomorrow sounds pretty good to me...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 05:31 PM   #112
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
Good to know that the NFL officiating still completely sucks ass. 44 for the Giants was fumbling the ball before the whistle blew, he lost control of it right when he got hit.

I thought I'd tune in for a bit today and it is good to know nothing has changed.

I can't argue with the call. The ball carrier was being driven backwards when the whistle blew.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:14 PM   #113
TroyF
Coordinator

Really solid, gutty win for KC today. They played hard. Reid after a bye week is nothing to screw around with. Denver just about to start the toughest stretch of the season. SF, SD, @NE. SF with a ton of injuries. Word is the Broncos will be starting a new RT tonight.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 06:21 PM   #114
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Rumor is, Bears had a complete meltdown in the locker room. Buncha guys went at each other.

Which, I suppose it meshes with the meltdown on the field.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 06:23 PM   #115
TroyF
Coordinator

There has been a ton of debate the past week about Murray getting too many carries. One side says: He's paid to tote the rock, give it to him 600 times. The other side says "You'll destroy him and he will be worthless late in the year or next year"

For me? I side on the latter. He's on pace for 400 or more carries. They are going to wear him down. I know, easy for me to say when they keep winning, but I think they are making a mistake.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:41 PM   #116
SteveMax58
College Starter

Wow the Giants are about as stupid as you can get without forgetting to breathe. Reese, Mcadoo, and Coughlin (in order of my annoyance).

1) Eli needs tall receivers. Remember that Plaxico guy? Look for guys that are tall enough to catch his (not uncommon) slightly off the mark or high throws.

2) Ok, if you have said "short" receivers....STOP THROWING JUMP BALLS to 5'9" WRs when they are defended by 6'1" CBs!!

3) So I knew this new offense was supposed to be more methodical & short/quick passes but doesn't it have ANY deep posts? WTF did you draft Beckham for if you weren't going to stretch the defense with him (and make them respect that part so your running game works better)?

4) Instead of drafting "good boy" OL & DL guys...draft big, strong, and nasty. Yeah I'd love to have a beer with those guys but personality will get you exactly nowhere when it comes to moving another 300 lb man out of the way.

5) EVERYBODY KNOWS you take your timeouts on the front side of the 2 min warning. That way you save the obligatory 3-4 seconds each running play takes from chipping away at the precious 120 seconds you have on the back side of the 2 min warning. Just....why?

Ok...sorry guys. Had to get that out.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 06:42 PM   #117
cuervo72
Head Coach

I guess it depends on what your view of RB is - I think increasingly, they're viewed as expendable. All the better if they break down just as their contract expires.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:43 PM   #118
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
There has been a ton of debate the past week about Murray getting too many carries. One side says: He's paid to tote the rock, give it to him 600 times. The other side says "You'll destroy him and he will be worthless late in the year or next year"

For me? I side on the latter. He's on pace for 400 or more carries. They are going to wear him down. I know, easy for me to say when they keep winning, but I think they are making a mistake.

I say keep giving him the ball while he's effective. RB's have a short shelf life anyways.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:48 PM   #119
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
I think you feed him the ball as much as you need to when it matters, but you have somebody else do the mopup duty when you are just milking the clock & killing the other team's timeouts.

Dallas kept running him today in obvious milk the clock situations. He already had his 100 yds already too so not sure why they couldn't have somebody else run into the line & fall down at the end. Though the risk would be...if that backup RB fumbles the ball...then you'll be second guessed on why your best RB wasn't out there. But such is life as a coach...I'd have some faith that my 2nd RB can protect the ball (or I'd be looking for a new 2nd RB).

Last edited by SteveMax58 : 10-19-2014 at 06:49 PM.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 06:55 PM   #120
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I think today is a good day to remember just how good REid and Fisher are as coaches.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 06:57 PM   #121
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

To me this is a non-controversy . Gottta find a way to throw rocks at the 6-1 Boys?

Old 10-19-2014, 07:22 PM   #122
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Rumor is, Bears had a complete meltdown in the locker room. Buncha guys went at each other.

Which, I suppose it meshes with the meltdown on the field.

Rumor appears to be correct:

Brandon Marshall of Chicago Bears calls loss 'unacceptable' - ESPN Chicago
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 07:25 PM   #123
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
To me this is a non-controversy . Gottta find a way to throw rocks at the 6-1 Boys?

Who the hell is throwing rocks? Hell, it's one of the best stories of the year. But they are incredibly reliant on one player who is not a QB right now. Anytime you have that situation as a team, it's scary. It is an asset you want to protect as much as you can.

6-1 starts are wonderful. They are a hell of a lot better when they end in 13-3 seasons with your key guys healthy for the playoffs. 400+ carries is dangerous. Not many guys have that many carries and can hold up. Murray has not exactly been the beacon of health either. I think what they are doing is incredibly risky. I can raise the concern now or wait until he starts to wear down and have his yards per carry dwindle and say "I thought this would happen"
Old 10-19-2014, 07:32 PM   #124
ColtCrazy
College Starter

It's been awhile since I've seen a Colts D perform so well as I did today. But, wow, did a completely inept Bengal team help them out. They were 3-0? It's obvious that AJ Green is there MVP. They have no one to stretch the field.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 07:38 PM   #125
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Alright, 49ers need to win this game so the Colts will be somewhat tied for best record in AFC.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 10-19-2014 at 07:58 PM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 07:51 PM   #126
TroyF
Coordinator

Poor call on the PI. No way in hell that was offensive PI.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:56 PM   #127
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Really solid, gutty win for KC today. They played hard. Reid after a bye week is nothing to screw around with. Denver just about to start the toughest stretch of the season. SF, SD, @NE. SF with a ton of injuries. Word is the Broncos will be starting a new RT tonight.

Thankfully, KC is finished with it's toughest stretch. Most believed that if they could make it to 3-3 through the first six, they'd have a chance at the playoffs. They did exactly that and could easily have won the games at Denver and especially the one at SF. As long as Reid sticks with the running game, KC is going to be very good.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:13 PM   #128
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Thankfully, KC is finished with it's toughest stretch. Most believed that if they could make it to 3-3 through the first six, they'd have a chance at the playoffs. They did exactly that and could easily have won the games at Denver and especially the one at SF. As long as Reid sticks with the running game, KC is going to be very good.

I don't think you had a chance in hell against Denver, even the late heroics. (you would have only tied had you scored. I wasn't at all worried about the finish of that game)

You have a shot at the playoffs. It's going to be tough, but possible.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:19 PM   #129
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Who the hell is throwing rocks?

People online. ESPN commentators.

Old 10-19-2014, 08:21 PM   #130
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Two constituencies you REALLY shouldn't lose sleep over.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:24 PM   #131
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:

Funny, I haven't viewed it at all as throwing rocks. I view it as people looking at a potential error in team management. The Cowboys are getting an awful lot of love. An awful lot of deserved love.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:26 PM   #132
cuervo72
Head Coach

Go 1-3 against SEA/DEN/ARZ/SD, then win the rest might do it. The South is a dumpster fire, the East is...maybe not a dumpster fire, but I have little confidence in BUF or MIA, and who knows how above middling CIN/CLE/PIT really are. I guess they'd most likely have to contend with CIN, maybe HOU if they feast on TEN/JAX.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:28 PM   #133
kingfc22
Head Coach

Catch the damn ball.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:31 PM   #134
MrBug708
Head Coach

I'm not watching the game, but my facebook feed is filled with various niner fans complaining about the refs. It's an on-going theme, but are they penalized more than the average team?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:44 PM   #135
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
And there is #509 for Peyton
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:47 PM   #136
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I'm not watching the game, but my facebook feed is filled with various niner fans complaining about the refs. It's an on-going theme, but are they penalized more than the average team?

Tonight the Niners have 3 penalties on them. 1 was BS. Offensive PI on Lloyd. 1 was a head butt they never showed. 1 was defensive PI in the end zone, an obvious call.

Denver has 5 penalties. I don't think any of them are wrong either.

There was also a replay that looked clearly like an incomplete pass when first viewed. Upon replay, it was not clear at all if 2 feet were down or not and they stuck with the ruling on the field. Denver got the completion.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:49 PM   #137
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'm happy that Favre's record fell to P Manning. That guy is great and has every amount of intangible awesome you'd ever want in a guy.

Old 10-19-2014, 08:49 PM   #138
TroyF
Coordinator

Dola: The issue with the Niners tonight isn't the refs. it is threefold:

1) Drops
2) Not enough pressure on Manning
3) Not controlling the Denver pass rush
Old 10-19-2014, 08:50 PM   #139
MrBug708
Head Coach

Thanks. One thing I never understood was fans complaining that one team having more penalties was simply a by-product of bias from the refs. It seems that one team committing more fouls than the other team is well within the realm of possibility.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:57 PM   #140
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Thanks. One thing I never understood was fans complaining that one team having more penalties was simply a by-product of bias from the refs. It seems that one team committing more fouls than the other team is well within the realm of possibility.

For me it all depends on how it is happening. This year in Seattle, Denver destroyed the 'Hawks offensive line. It was like a turnstile. Yet, somehow Seattle avoided offensive holding for pretty much the entire game. You'll see in basketball a team dominating the glass, points in the paint and controlling the pace and see fouls either be even or that team trailing. That's garbage.

I'm on record: The Niners were ROYALLY screwed against Arizona. It was brutal. Tonight? Not so much. At least not yet.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:07 PM   #141
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:

Yes...but they are also the beneficiaries more often than the average team.

http://www.nflpenalties.com
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:16 PM   #142
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo View Post
Yes...but they are also the beneficiaries more often than the average team.

http://www.nflpenalties.com

Man - the Pats are UGLY on that front. Jeezus.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:19 PM   #143
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

And then there were 4

Old 10-19-2014, 09:25 PM   #144
Dutch
"Dutch"

#97 Jackson just took a wicked helmet-2-helmet blow that left him woozy...I wonder if he should be pulled from the game and checked for a concussion.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:31 PM   #145
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
#97 Jackson just took a wicked helmet-2-helmet blow that left him woozy...I wonder if he should be pulled from the game and checked for a concussion.

He should be pulled from the game. He should be pulled if the score was 13-13 with 10 seconds left in the fourth quarter. As it isn't even close to that score, you can't even rationalize it. Keep him out.

Even if Denver doesn't get a title with Manning, I'll always look back fondly on watching this team with him at the helm. What an amazing, special offense to watch week in/week out for three years.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:39 PM   #146
kingfc22
Head Coach

Am I watching Arsenal or the Niners? Enough with the injuries already.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:18 PM   #147
Galaril
Pro Starter

Wow so Denver's pass rush is really impressive tonight 6 sacks 3 for Demarcus Ware and 2 for Von Miller.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 10:21 PM   #148
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Wow so Denver's pass rush is really impressive tonight 6 sacks 3 for Demarcus Ware and 2 for Von Miller.

They have started to turn it up after the bye week. The run defense has been sensational and when they get you to third and long, katie bar the door. Kaep has impressed me tonight. He's been under severe duress and hasn't looked bad.

This defense is 100% different when Miller is healthy and in beast mode. He wasn't in that mode all of last year. Hope the drug problems are over and he's back for good.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:32 PM   #149
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
They have started to turn it up after the bye week. The run defense has been sensational and when they get you to third and long, katie bar the door. Kaep has impressed me tonight. He's been under severe duress and hasn't looked bad.

This defense is 100% different when Miller is healthy and in beast mode. He wasn't in that mode all of last year. Hope the drug problems are over and he's back for good.

I just hope we can find a way to lock him up as I think he among a ton of our stars : Julius Thomas, DT, Orlando Franklin, Von Miller, Chris Harris and I think Rahim Moore. Plus Welker is finished his contract too so not sure what happens after this year. Hope they can lock Miller, Harris and the Thomas up long term but tend to doubt it might only get 2 of those five resigned. I guess we should enjoy it while it lasts.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 10:38 PM   #150
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:

This seems to be the way of things for 49er fans lately. I think it's a byproduct of playing many games against the Seahawks and having to watch their secondary play "defense."

I've been on the refs myself a bit, but the average fan is taking it to whole other levels - conspiracy theories, it's the ref's fault they lost the game, etc. pretty sad.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote