Head Coach

If they win, Miss St needs to be #1 next week
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 03:51 PM   #102
bob
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
And that, CPJ, is what happens when you trash talk your betters.

I refuse to believe in Tech, refuse to believe, refuse to believe, finally do, and they lose. Every. F-ing. Time.

But somehow Tech being Tech, beating Miami and Va Tech will give CPJ another year if not an extension.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 03:57 PM   #103
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
I feel like I'm joining a lot of people in saying, "Okay, so how did this Miss. State thing happen?" This was a 7-6 team last year, lost to every ranked team they played the year before that, and they suddenly look like a lock for the playoffs.

I knew they were pretty good last year and have done well recruiting a couple of years in a row. Not in a million years did I expect they would be playing #2 Auburn (who I think is really #1) and be up 21-6 on them this year. It's so awesome but I admit it's really stunning too. I figured they might win one of these last three games and be respectable in the other two.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 04:03 PM   #104
Dutch
"Dutch"

Dak is way to confident on those outside throws...and they are coming up short...that's two picks to end the last two drives...and from 21-3....to 21-6...and Auburn's ball again. Tsk, tsk...
Old 10-11-2014, 04:07 PM   #105
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Considering they played okay at LSU, it will be interesting to see Miss. State play at 'Bama and at Ole Miss. Heck, at UK might be a great sleeper pick.

Last edited by Matthean : 10-11-2014 at 04:07 PM.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 04:08 PM   #106
Dutch
"Dutch"

Muffed punt return attempt by Mississippi State.

Last edited by Dutch : 10-11-2014 at 04:10 PM.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:10 PM   #107
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Spartans asleep at the wheel. May God have mercy on my soul if Purdue wins, see previous weeks' talk.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:12 PM   #108
Dutch
"Dutch"

Damnit. And Mississippi State needs to stop the bleeding. Up 21-0, now it's 21-13 and not even half-time.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:13 PM   #109
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Also, we know Auburn can score and there's another whole half to go.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:23 PM   #110
Dutch
"Dutch"

Dak Prescott responds! 28-13.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:41 PM   #111
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
HAHA.. keep on living in your fantasy world. Georgia hasn't impressed me at all. Likely a team who gets hammered by Auburn and is a top 10 team for sure, but not a team that should be beating us like they have today.

If you read what you just typed very carefully, you'll see that you and I are not far apart on our rating of Georgia. go back and read my posts as well. Does the one that said Missouri might get by this game because their defense is dominant and I don't think Georgia can move the ball sound like I think Georgia is something special? We only part in two ways"

1) I didn't think Missouri had a chance in hell at winning this game and said so two weeks ago
2) If you would have told me the Georgia QB would throw as accurately as he did today? I would have expected a thrashing.

I'm NOT a Georgia fan and I don't care if they follow this up with 6 losses. The thing is, they didn't need to impress today.They were playing against a QB who shouldn't be starting for an SEC team.

Look, you can believe in Mauck all you want. If he doesn't complete 60 to 65% of his passes against an average or above average defense, you are screwed.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 04:45 PM   #112
TroyF
Coordinator

Three good games on this afternoon.

I think Auburn is going to make this one interesting in the second half. Baylor/TCU is going to be a very fun game to finish. Oregon/UCLA is not nearly the blowout the score indicates. I don't think that game is over yet.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:47 PM   #113
MrBug708
Head Coach

Game is waaay over
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 04:48 PM   #114
TroyF
Coordinator

As I type that, UCLA says, nah, screw it. Blow us out. This gets Oregon back in the playoff picture in my eyes.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:59 PM   #115
MrBug708
Head Coach

"Unfinished Business"
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 05:01 PM   #116
Dutch
"Dutch"

Mississippi State just got away with one....that was a very questionable PI call.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:35 PM   #117
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Mississippi State just got away with one....that was a very questionable PI call.

Disagree. That wasn't questionable. That was a garbage call.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:05 PM   #118
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Disagree. That wasn't questionable. That was a garbage call.

Homer vs non-Homer.

Anyway, Mississippi State with a huge turnover...and a huge TD with 11 minutes left to put them up 37-20!
Old 10-11-2014, 06:31 PM   #119
cuervo72
Head Coach

These games are friggin' LONG. AUB/MSU started at 3:30 and there are still 3:00 left, four hours later?
Old 10-11-2014, 06:33 PM   #120
Dutch
"Dutch"

Picked off!!!! MSU!!!
Old 10-11-2014, 06:39 PM   #121
Dutch
"Dutch"

MSU overcame a ton of mistakes and miscues, a long way from perfection, but at the same time. #3 Mississippi State 38, #2 Auburn 23. Unbelievable!

[Auburn Announcer]"Mississippi State is gonna win the football game!!!"[/Auburn]
Old 10-11-2014, 06:50 PM   #122
Suicane75
Coordinator

How the hell did Baylor tie this game up? I switched channels for a few minutes and they got like 3 touchdowns.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 06:55 PM   #123
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I feel like Baylor is getting away with murder on pass defense these last few plays. On the 4th Down play, lots of contact and the defender never looked back.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 06:55 PM   #124
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

TCU just out thought themselves
Old 10-11-2014, 06:57 PM   #125
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Holy shit TCU is getting screwed.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 06:57 PM   #126
tarcone
Coordinator

Terrible PI call. Great coverage by TCU.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:01 PM   #127
TroyF
Coordinator

Three things:

1) I'm hoping for a missed fg here.
2) I'd settle for a fumble or a bad snap.
3) WHAT IN THE HOLY HELL WAS TCU DOING? They can bitch at the refs and they absolutely have reason to do so. They were screwed badly down the stretch. The last PI call was a joke.

But you have a 3 TD lead in the fourth quarter and you have a possession that goes, run out of bounds, incomplete pass, run out of bounds? Seriously? You have got to be kidding me. This is some of the worst clock management I have ever seen. What a monumental joke.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:03 PM   #128
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Baylor-TCU one of the most amazing games I have ever seen. Wow.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:05 PM   #129
TroyF
Coordinator

Baylor threw for 510 yards and ran for 272 yards.

Ummmm. . . that's a lot.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:09 PM   #130
TroyF
Coordinator

so I flip it to Alabama/Arkansas. One of the first plays I see is an Alabama DL choke an Arkansas offensive lineman, then three three huge shots to the chest and facemask area, followed by the refs stating "Personal fouls on both teams"

Did this guy just watch the same thing I did?
Old 10-11-2014, 07:15 PM   #131
Easy Mac

Did anyone else noticing that Georgia Southern is 2 minutes short of being undefeated? They gave up the lead to NC State with 90 seconds left, and gave up the lead to Georgia Tech with 30 seconds left. Not bad for a team in the FBS for the first time.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:16 PM   #132
TroyF
Coordinator

Lets play a game:

Rank the SEC West. Here is my shot:

1) Miss St
2) Ole Miss
3) Auburn
4) Alabama
5) A&M
6) Arkansas
7) LSU

At the start of the year, I think most everyone would have been at least mildly surprised not to see Alabama in the 4 team playoff.

It isn't a lock they would be in an SEC West 4 team playoff by the end of the year.

What a season.
Old 10-11-2014, 09:17 PM   #133
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Nice job by the Husky defense to shut down the Cal Bear offense. I saw a lot of cocky Cal fans before the game with their hashtag "Drop50" going around - I guess they'll have to start working on #Drop7 now.

Great job by the UW DL to get pressure on Goff and by the safeties to keep Cal from finding anything downfield. Shaq Thompson is ridiculous - he now leads the team in TD's with 5 on the year, and 4 of them have come on defense.

Next week is probably not going to go well, especially after seeing how much better the Ducks looked today with Jake Fisher back at LT. But if the defense can continue playing like this, they have a chance.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:39 PM   #134
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Nice job by the Husky defense to shut down the Cal Bear offense. I saw a lot of cocky Cal fans before the game with their hashtag "Drop50" going around - I guess they'll have to start working on #Drop7 now.

Great job by the UW DL to get pressure on Goff and by the safeties to keep Cal from finding anything downfield. Shaq Thompson is ridiculous - he now leads the team in TD's with 5 on the year, and 4 of them have come on defense.

Next week is probably not going to go well, especially after seeing how much better the Ducks looked today with Jake Fisher back at LT. But if the defense can continue playing like this, they have a chance.

Watching today makes the Stanfird loss sting even more. Our defense is insane right now and Shaq has to be favorite for DPOTY nationally.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:39 PM   #135
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Look, you can believe in Mauck all you want. If he doesn't complete 60 to 65% of his passes against an average or above average defense, you are screwed.

His receivers aren't good. They can't get open and drop passes and/or tip passes for interceptions. Look no further than last year to see what can be done with quality receivers. Now I will admit last year was an unusual crop of great receivers so Mauk ultimately lays somewhere in between great and shitty... A little above average. He is a sophomore with a 7-3 record as a starter so he's not terrible.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:42 PM   #136
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Wow. What a catch by the kid from LSU.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:08 PM   #137
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Good for the officials in the LSU game for calling an officials time out on the road when the Florida players wouldn't line up.

Also great to see the LSU kids come over to the carted off Florida kid. Great sportsmanship.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:31 PM   #138
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
so I flip it to Alabama/Arkansas. One of the first plays I see is an Alabama DL choke an Arkansas offensive lineman, then three three huge shots to the chest and facemask area, followed by the refs stating "Personal fouls on both teams"

Did this guy just watch the same thing I did?

It's a normal call for a ranked team vs Arkansas game. Actually the flag usually goes against Arkansas.

The amount of wasted opportunities doesn't even hurt anymore to be honest. I know we are just a team of Sophomores but eventually it has to go right for us. Should have 2 SEC victories but it's another week of hearing about the losing streak.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 11:10 PM   #139
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
His receivers aren't good. They can't get open and drop passes and/or tip passes for interceptions. Look no further than last year to see what can be done with quality receivers. Now I will admit last year was an unusual crop of great receivers so Mauk ultimately lays somewhere in between great and shitty... A little above average. He is a sophomore with a 7-3 record as a starter so he's not terrible.

Last year with those great WR, he hit on 51% of his passes.

His 7 wins in his career:

Florida (50%)
Tennessee (48%) Vols held to 3 points
Kentucky (60.7%)
South Dakota State (61.9%)
Toledo (65.6%)
UCF (58.3%)
South Carolina (35.3%) (one of the single worst games I have ever seen a winning QB have against a top 25 team

His 3 losses:

Indiana (60.4%)
South Carolina (40%) A game last year similar to this year. You look at the score and cannot believe one team is even in the game, much less has a chance to win.
Georgia (42.9%)

So, really, what do we have? We have a QB with MASSIVE accuracy problems. I'm not saying that just by the numbers (which are horrific against good teams), but simply watching the games. Something was gnawing at me most of the day about the kid and then it hit me.

It's exactly like Broncos fans trying to talk themselves into Tim Tebow. he would make 3 or 4 passes a game that were PERFECT. I don't mean perfect for Tim Tebow, I mean passes a top 5 QB would be proud of. The rest of the time everyone was just trying to make excuses for him. Look at the crappy WR, no running game, no this, no that.

Well, no amount of excuses would ever change the fact that the guy wasn't accurate enough. Accuracy happens to be the toughest thing for a QB to "get"

Maty Mauck, heading into todays game, ranked 101 out of 125 qualifying QB's in division 1. (completion %)

Big 6 conference QB's worse than him? Jennings from LSU (about to be benched), Driskol from Florida (thankful the backup was accused of rape this week or he wouldn't have a job), Trevor Night from OU (an offense that is spiraling right now), etc. There are others: guy who are option QB's, guys who play for KU or UCONN for example. But QB's who play for teams with the overall top 25 talent Missouri has?

No, no there aren't. Because they don't have jobs playing that badly. By the way, the 101 was heading into the game today. It is going to get worse now.He's young. Maybe you guys are right. I don't see it.

Last edited by TroyF : 10-11-2014 at 11:12 PM.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:34 AM   #140
Danny
Head Coach

University of Javaorious Allen is looking to have another undefeated go down.
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 01:13 AM   #141
TroyF
Coordinator

USC wins. Letter of the law, I think the kicker was roughed. The guy clearly hit his leg and hit it pretty good.

Karma wise? USC deserved the game. What a Saturday.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:17 AM   #142
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

I don't know. Thought his reaction was inspired by the Italian national soccer team.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 01:45 AM   #143
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
USC wins. Letter of the law, I think the kicker was roughed. The guy clearly hit his leg and hit it pretty good.

Not even joking here, but maybe you should go get your eyes checked.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 01:54 AM   #144
bhlloy
Coordinator

Yeah, he pretty clearly didn't touch him, and an embarrassing reaction.

Still absolutely got out of jail, horrendous coaching on D with a young secondary to just sit off and get picked apart late for the second week in a row.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 05:39 AM   #145
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If you read what you just typed very carefully, you'll see that you and I are not far apart on our rating of Georgia. go back and read my posts as well. Does the one that said Missouri might get by this game because their defense is dominant and I don't think Georgia can move the ball sound like I think Georgia is something special? We only part in two ways"

1) I didn't think Missouri had a chance in hell at winning this game and said so two weeks ago
2) If you would have told me the Georgia QB would throw as accurately as he did today? I would have expected a thrashing.

I'm NOT a Georgia fan and I don't care if they follow this up with 6 losses. The thing is, they didn't need to impress today.They were playing against a QB who shouldn't be starting for an SEC team.

Time will tell.. he still has receivers who need to catch the ball.. but I agree, he needs to have a good game against a team that means something.

Miss St. and Ole Miss.. WOW.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 11:10 AM   #146
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
Not even joking here, but maybe you should go get your eyes checked.

There was one angle ESPN showed last night that showed the USC guy hit the top of his foot pretty clearly. The other three angles looked like a flop. I went back and looked three times and it looked to me like he got hit from that angle. Can I find it again? Of course not.

Did it have an impact on the kick? Of course not. Do I care either way? Not even a little bit.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:08 PM   #147
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Th voters that gave Arkansas ten points in the AP poll should lose their vote.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:17 PM   #148
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Th voters that gave Arkansas ten points in the AP poll should lose their vote.

More legit than giving GT11 points. Or South Carolina 1.
Old 10-12-2014, 06:15 PM   #149
flounder
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
And that, CPJ, is what happens when you trash talk your betters.

I think Cutcliffe needs to win more than 1 time out of 7 before we can say he's better than CPJ. I'll give him credit though, he's figured out that the only way he can win is to play dirty.
flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:15 PM   #150
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Just finished watching the USC game. Wow. What a crazy ending.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote