Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #101
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
I thought this was a link to a board where older women were looking for younger men. I was sorely disappointed.

Posting fuck on the board you want gets panties dropping, on this board it's the ban hammer.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:30 PM   #102
Schmidty
Coordinator

Good morning FOFC!!!! I love you!!!!
Old 04-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #103
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post

I bet you say that to all the boards.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #104
sabotai
General Manager

These are for you , FOFC.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg theseareforyou.jpg (84.0 KB, 309 views)
Old 04-06-2013, 12:42 PM   #105
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:

First you fuck us, then you love us? Looks like you got things backwards, pal.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:54 PM   #106
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:

Aaaaaand he's back on his meds.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
Old 04-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #107
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I take it back. This thread is not any less confusing when sober.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
Old 04-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #108
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
Aaaaaand he's back on his meds.

True that.

My wife usually reminds me to take my meds, but she's visiting friends so I missed 2 days worth. Now I'm good though.

I should go off my meds more often, because these kinds of clusterfuck threads are fun and nostalgic!!
Old 04-06-2013, 01:40 PM   #109
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
True that.

My wife usually reminds me to take my meds, but she's visiting friends so I missed 2 days worth. Now I'm good though.

I should go off my meds more often, because these kinds of clusterfuck threads are fun and nostalgic!!

It would be kinda fun if you get boxed for now telling us you love us. 120 days!
Old 04-06-2013, 01:42 PM   #110
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
First you fuck us, then you love us? Looks like you got things backwards, pal.

Not at 7am.

Old 04-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #111
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
It would be kinda fun if you get boxed for now telling us you love us. 120 days!

GO ORANGEMEN!!!
Old 04-06-2013, 01:49 PM   #112
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
GO ORANGEMEN!!!

We've secretly replaced Schmidty's regular meds with PCP. Let's see if he notices the difference.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:01 PM   #113
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
That's two rules.

fuck you math police
Old 04-06-2013, 02:05 PM   #114
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post
Not at 7am.

So, how are things going with the girlfriend?
Old 04-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #115
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
So, how are things going with the girlfriend?

Ups and downs. She doesn't know what she wants, so sometimes she freaks out and wants to push me away. We actually broke up a couple of weeks ago, but got back together after three days. Things have been great when she doesn't have a mini-panic attack. Even then, they're pretty good.

Of course, I'm hoping for other ups and downs tonight. Hey-yo!

Old 04-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #116
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

cocky funny!
Old 04-06-2013, 03:51 PM   #117
Desnudo
Coordinator

Fuck ya!
Old 04-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #118
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Try looking at her tenderly with that sly smile, then screaming "fuck you. fuck you. i don't fucking care you fucking fuck of a fuck. fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck you." Then tell her you love her.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:25 PM   #119
Schmidty
Coordinator

Don't say "Fuck".

It's so Yesterday.

Just be Kind and Give-y.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #121
mckerney
Coordinator

Old 04-08-2013, 07:53 AM   #122
Blackadar
Retired

This is not meant as a slam at Schmidty - the circumstances under which this thread was made have been thoroughly explained and are understood. Nor am I expecting this post to be all that popular and I'm not planning on getting in a big debate about it. But I think it needs to be said.

That someone can post a thread saying "FUCK YOU, BAN ME" and nothing happens to that poster, yet people get 30 or even 90 day bans for posting trivial pics or harmless phrases really says something about the moderating here...and it ain't good. All we hear is "look at the CoC" when somoeone gets boxed for posting a female pic that you'd see on the front page of CNNSI, but this thread has to be the most blatent violation of that CoC in a very long time and nothing happened to the user. I understand not boxing Schmidty - after all, I decided not to box someone who posted a Nazi flag in similar circumstances - because good judgement and common sense needs to prevail when considering boxings. As such, I hope the mods start using better judgement and common sense in the future when other, less severe, CoC violations happen in other threads.

Last edited by Blackadar : 04-08-2013 at 07:54 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:15 AM   #123
Subby
lolzcat

I don't care how many of his dogs Schmidty french kisses. I still love him!
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Old 04-08-2013, 09:04 AM   #124
DanGarion
Coordinator

The fact that the mods continue to mock us with the fake banning of Subby shows that those in power here have no respect for the members of the board.

Last edited by DanGarion : 04-08-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:04 AM   #125
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
This is not meant as a slam at Schmidty - the circumstances under which this thread was made have been thoroughly explained and are understood. Nor am I expecting this post to be all that popular and I'm not planning on getting in a big debate about it. But I think it needs to be said.

That someone can post a thread saying "FUCK YOU, BAN ME" and nothing happens to that poster, yet people get 30 or even 90 day bans for posting trivial pics or harmless phrases really says something about the moderating here...and it ain't good. All we hear is "look at the CoC" when somoeone gets boxed for posting a female pic that you'd see on the front page of CNNSI, but this thread has to be the most blatent violation of that CoC in a very long time and nothing happened to the user. I understand not boxing Schmidty - after all, I decided not to box someone who posted a Nazi flag in similar circumstances - because good judgement and common sense needs to prevail when considering boxings. As such, I hope the mods start using better judgement and common sense in the future when other, less severe, CoC violations happen in other threads.

Pretty much.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #126
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Up the thread a few is quite possibly Blackie's best post ever.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:50 AM   #127
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
The fact that the mods continue to mock us with the fake banning of Subby shows that those in power here have no respect for the members of the board.

Ya, I think between that and Jeeber's post from the images thread, it seems like the entire hot chick thing to begin with has nothing to do with reported posts, has nothing to do with people at work, it's just trolling, or maybe a way to thin the ranks.

I don't care about inconsistent modding if there's good faith behind it. It's impossible to be consistent. I would just prefer we had mods that posted here, had some interest in maintaining the quality of the board, and didn't have active disdain for this section of the board and the people who post here. The underlying issue of all of this stuff is that hostility, which is really all one-way, and initiated by the mods for some reason. It's an amusing dynamic when the mod dislikes the board they're in charge of. (and Ben is on record about what he thinks about this place.)

Last edited by molson : 04-08-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:51 AM   #128
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post

Well said.

The funny thing about this all is that the action that brought on this post by Schmidty, was all a farce. Subby was "banned" for posting pictures and going off on Wade (well if you follow dawgfan's post where he included a "quote" of what happened, but conveniently realized that the post was deleted). Subby's account is now "banned" but he can post, which means someone with banning power has specifically set Subby's account as banned (because it doesn't show his last activity on the board) but also specifically set his account permissions to allow him to to post on the board.

Read into this what you may, but to me it shows that the moderators (whoever they are) lack good judgement and common sense. Hopefully they will learn from this and remember why they decided to run this board and show a bit more respect towards all their members in the future.

Last edited by DanGarion : 04-08-2013 at 09:54 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:01 AM   #129
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

It's just Ben making a point(enforcing an arbitrary NSFW line) in the Images thread that gets applied based on what he sees when he visits it. If he doesn't see a page, then it doesn't get applied to that page. He only goes into that thread to do that, so it gets applied more there than elsewhere.

Stupid, yes. Inconsistent, I suppose so, but not to the degree some make it to be. It's not really that complex.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:09 AM   #130
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
It's just Ben making a point(enforcing an arbitrary NSFW line) in the Images thread that gets applied based on what he sees when he visits it.

I'd be fairly stunned if mod actions at the end of last week involved Ben very much, if at all.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #131
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Yeah, I would go along with the contempt factor. We know skydog's statement about the members here but then you have other mods - that are much less active here (like wade) - coming here without interaction, it rings of contempt. Perhaps Ksyrup was right.

If you want to take control of the board, then those that are active in this community would need step up.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #132
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
Read into this what you may, but to me it shows that the moderators (whoever they are) lack good judgement and common sense. Hopefully they will learn from this and remember why they decided to run this board and show a bit more respect towards all their members in the future.

Like I said in the image thread, they're trolling the rest of the board. It's the equivalent of sticking a Kick Me sign on your back and giggling at you when you walk down the hall.

Seriously, this place sucks now.

Find another place to post.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:04 AM   #133
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
If you want to take control of the board, then those that are active in this community would need step up.

This has been brought up before, and Ben has stated that he won't give it up. Frankly I'm not sure why, especially since, as molson said, he is on record about how he feels about the OT board (I forgot the exact words he used, anyone remember?).
Old 04-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #134
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Change the board name to something remotely relevant instead alluding to an irrelevant game. There are many fof boards out there for them to play in, why keep this one since it has ceased to be as such? Migrate the fof forums somewhere else and keep OT (and other related gaming forums) here since a significant majority rules.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #135
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Change the board name to something remotely relevant instead alluding to an irrelevant game. There are many fof boards out there for them to play in, why keep this one since it has ceased to be as such? Migrate the fof forums somewhere else and keep OT (and other related gaming forums) here since a significant majority rules.

I guess if you are looking for more members that is fine but wouldn't really solve anything.

I think people want consistent modding for the people who have been here for 10 years, and a fair explination when a mod feels the need to step in. TBH I have no dog in this fight, I think the hot chicks pictures are stupid and Ben has gone out of his way to be of help to me. I have also seen the inconsistencies people speak of and find them absurd at times.

That being said I think new members would just cause more problems. The internet isn't what it was 10 years ago when we all came together. There is a sense of familiarity here that would be impossible to duplicate anywhere else. I just think we are all adults and at times aren't treated as such.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:28 AM   #136
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Yeah, I would go along with the contempt factor. We know skydog's statement about the members here but then you have other mods - that are much less active here (like wade) - coming here without interaction, it rings of contempt. Perhaps Ksyrup was right.

There's probably some truth to this. There are no doubt mods who have unfavorable opinions of chunks of the community.

"It just got to the point where I detested the majority of the most active personalities over there, and the occasional entertainment value ceased being a reasonable trade-off. Since I don't play FOF, there really hasn't been any reason to go back."

This is the opinion of one former poster (a very reasonable one, I might add) who no longer checks in here, but it is an opinion that is not unique. I've heard the same from any number of former posters (yes, many of them are FOBLers).

I'm sure there are mods with this opinion, but they've just happened to stick around.

(FWIW, I have mod rights, as I think Ben granted them to me for a version upgrade to be able to fiddle around with the forum styles. I do not moderate posts and have never banned anyone though (though if I could ban myself...). If I have any disagreements I needle people publicly.)
Old 04-08-2013, 11:35 AM   #137
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I understand, as I don't post much here anymore either and don't really care to see soft porn in the pictures thread (I don't report either) compared to some of the real cool photos that Ksyrup and others have posted. I think what I react to is modding by those not active or acting like they are not a part of your community.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #138
wade moore
lolzcat

I've been trying to just stay out of this, but I have one thing to say:

I was off the grid without Internet or cell service from Thursday through Sunday. Sunny may have thought I took action since I boxed him for something (pic? Post? I don't know) and was none too happy with me then.

I am not as active as I used to be because of various life priorities and the board being blocked at my job now (ironic, yes?). As a result, I do my best to be very judicious in taking any mod actions in threads that I'm not actively following.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 04-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #139
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
There's probably some truth to this. There are no doubt mods who have unfavorable opinions of chunks of the community.

"It just got to the point where I detested the majority of the most active personalities over there, and the occasional entertainment value ceased being a reasonable trade-off. Since I don't play FOF, there really hasn't been any reason to go back."

This is the opinion of one former poster (a very reasonable one, I might add) who no longer checks in here, but it is an opinion that is not unique. I've heard the same from any number of former posters (yes, many of them are FOBLers).

I'm sure there are mods with this opinion, but they've just happened to stick around.

I can understand this perspective from a member standpoint. I took a many-year hiatus from FOFC because I tired of some of the personalities here. The break was probably good for everyone.

But in regards to moderators - and speaking as the former owner of this site- the quiote above pisses me off to no end if moderators feel this way (this is NOT directed at Cuervo!!!!). I realized that when I started tiring of the site, I selected new mods to take over the day-to-day operations. I had to take a break because a number of folks who I prefer not to name really annnoyed the piss out of me. I eventually gave it up entirely and walked away out of respect for the people here AND my own mental well-being.

So, to any mods who feel like this (again, not Cuervo!):

There's absolutely no reason to be a moderator of this site if you don't like the people here or don't like the site anymore. Continuing on as a moderator under those circumstances does a disservice to yourself and the people on this forum. Hiding behind a moderator title so you have a little power in your life is not worth it. If you find yourself stealth-deleting pictures or moderating in a passive-agressive way, ask someone else to do the job and walk away. You can come back at a later time, but don't continue to moderate. It's not a job that you have to do or (if you feel like this) should be doing. Don't perform a disservice in the guise of trying to perform a service.

Note I am not stepping up to volunteer. FOFC means quite a bit to me - more than probably anyone realizes. But my time is done and I don't want a second bite of the apple. That's probably best for everyone, including me.

Last edited by Blackadar : 04-08-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #140
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Blackie, very well said.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:54 AM   #141
Buccaneer
Head Coach

wade, good to see you again. I hope I didn't infer you being the stealth mod but truthfully, I can't recall any other names of those who would be modding while not part of this community.

Like others, I had gotten in trouble at work PC but thanks to the iPhone, I don't have to worry much about it now (doing some long installs this morning so just filling the time while waiting).
Old 04-08-2013, 11:56 AM   #142
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
I am not as active as I used to be because of various life priorities and the board being blocked at my job now (ironic, yes?). As a result, I do my best to be very judicious in taking any mod actions in threads that I'm not actively following.

Have you considered stepping down as a mod?
Old 04-08-2013, 12:01 PM   #143
wade moore
lolzcat

No, you didn't infer it, you flat out said it. But hey, it's what you do.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 04-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #144
wade moore
lolzcat

In short, no. Just because I don't read every single thread, does not mean I can not affectively serve as a mod on this message board. It's not a job. There's a reason there are multiple mods - so that it is not on one person to view every single message at all hours of the day.

I really don't want to get into a modding discussion, which is why I debated posting what I have. I will say the one thing that I've said many, many times on here and in the Facebook group. It seems obvious to me that many of the complainers here have not spent time on other large message boards. Those with the specific complaint that fofc is too "strict" clearly have no exposure to other large message boards. I will take our parent website as a prime example. The modding here is anything but strict when compared to other large Internet forums.

Quote:
Old 04-08-2013, 12:06 PM   #145
Buccaneer
Head Coach

wade, I did not say that you did any specific actions but said you are much less active yet still a mod.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:07 PM   #146
Ronnie Dobbs3
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
The modding here is anything but strict when compared to other large Internet forums.

I don't think "strict" is what people have a problem with.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #147
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs3 View Post
I don't think "strict" is what people have a problem with.

exactly this

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #148
wade moore
lolzcat

"We know skydog's statement about the members here but then you have other mods - that are much less active here (like wade) - coming here without interaction, it rings of contempt."

I'm not sure how much more direct that can be.

Quote:
Old 04-08-2013, 12:10 PM   #149
Subby
lolzcat

Wade you are a terrible mod, but a good person.

Stop hogging the mod responsibilities and step down.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Old 04-08-2013, 12:10 PM   #150
wade moore
lolzcat

I'm not going to troll through the various threads, but this is a very specific complaint made in many of these threads. I know it's not the only one, but it is a recurring one. In fact, in this incident specifically (either in here or the images thread) there is a discussion about it becoming more strict in the last year.

Quote:
Closed Thread