Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-23-2008, 07:22 PM   #101
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Don't worry, I'm sure they'll destroy an Eagle team that is going to be split and in disarray. I'm bummed out that the McNabb era is over. He is my favorite Eagle QB in my lifetime.

EF I agree with you about McNabb. I think the guy is class act all the way. I hope he can maybe catch on somewhere else. Although I don't think Kolb is the answer.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:41 PM   #102
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

We will trade you Bulger for McNabb.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:34 PM   #103
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

any doubt now that the Giants are the best team in the NFL by a large margin?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:39 PM   #104
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
any doubt now that the Giants are the best team in the NFL by a large margin?

I think it's time for a sig bet......if we still had sigs.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:39 PM   #105
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
I think it's time for a sig bet......if we still had sigs.

bring it on
Old 11-23-2008, 09:41 PM   #106
RedKingGold
College Starter

Simple:

NY Giants win 2009 Super Bowl - I have to put NEW YORK GIANTS 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS (or something like that).

If the Giants do not win the 2009 Super Bowl - You have to put PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS (or something like that)
Old 11-23-2008, 09:43 PM   #107
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

hmm, that is pretty skewed in your favor
Old 11-23-2008, 09:46 PM   #108
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
hmm, that is pretty skewed in your favor

Well, if the Giants are "the best team in the NFL by a large margin" this season, then it shouldn't be that skewed.

Last edited by RedKingGold : 11-23-2008 at 09:59 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:56 PM   #109
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

He does kind of have you there.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:04 PM   #110
DeToxRox
Head Coach

If I am not mistaken, wasn't there an NFL team who was far and away the best team in the league in the regular season as well?
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:25 PM   #111
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I'm telling you, the Colts are the most dangerous team in the NFL right now. The D is getting better and Manning is healthy.

I would not want to see them in the playoffs. At all.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:32 PM   #112
Jas_lov
College Starter

Why in the world did Norv Turner call a timeout right after the 3rd down play where they came up just short? It's like he wanted to leave Peyton Manning plenty of time to lead the Colts to the game winning FG. They should have let the clock run before kicking the FG or force the Colts to call their last timeout. Terrible call. Turner is gone.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:34 PM   #113
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
Why in the world did Norv Turner call a timeout right after the 3rd down play where they came up just short? It's like he wanted to leave Peyton Manning plenty of time to lead the Colts to the game winning FG. They should have let the clock run before kicking the FG or force the Colts to call their last timeout. Terrible call. Turner is gone.

He misses being an Offensive Coordinator.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:38 PM   #114
kcchief19
Pro Starter

San Diego has to be the best 4-7 football team in the history of the NFL. Personally, I think this is simply the Norv Factor finally fully kicking in -- this team should be 7-4. I can't really identify any specific bad calls by Turner that obviously say that it's Turner's fault, but let's face facts that Norv Turner teams have always achieved below the sum of their parts. They are simply exasperating ... they play the Chiefs and Colts to the wire -- that shouldn't be.

Who would have thought that after a very solid run when the AFC West almost always had a power team or three that it would be neck and neck with the NFC West for worst division in the NFL? I almost have to give the NFC West a slight nod because Denver has been handled by the both the Chiefs and the Raiders.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:41 PM   #115
bhlloy
Coordinator

Welcome to the wonderful world of the San Diego Chokers. Play calling is bizarre, family is dysfunctional, the QB and defense puts up meaningless stats and always comes up short when the game is on the line, the star HB isn't even trying any more and everyone else on the team is horribly overrated (WTF happened to the best offensive line in the league?) That's before the refs start getting involved (did one of the officials have the Colts to score 20+ with the way they were handing out PI's on the second to last Indy drive?). At least we have all come to terms with it now

And yes, Turner needs to go. I'll admit saying some unkind things about Marty, but we would kill for him back right now. Another great move by Smith/Spanos right there.

Last edited by bhlloy : 11-23-2008 at 10:42 PM.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:51 PM   #116
yacovfb
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
That's before the refs start getting involved (did one of the officials have the Colts to score 20+ with the way they were handing out PI's on the second to last Indy drive?).

The call on Cromartie was a good call. The call on Cooper (I think) on third down was an absolute phantom call. And then on the next 2nd down they have the quick whistle and call it incomplete when it looked like it easily could have been catch and fumble. They go down and get 3. Chargers lose by 3...

But yes, I do agree...Norv sucks. It's a shame, since Rivera finally has the defense playing much, much better.
yacovfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:51 PM   #117
ColtCrazy
College Starter

What a season. I would never have thought we'd be 7-4 after the start the Colts had. And to win four straight with teams like the Pats, Steelers, and Chargers. Amazing....damn the Colts for giving me this adrenaline when I have to get up at 5:30, but it's been an amazing run. I still think the D gives up too much and the running is inconsistent (but better than it was) but I'll ride this as long as I can.

Hats off to Adam Vinatieri. Amazing clutch kicker.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:21 AM   #118
Fighter of Foo
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post

I thought I read/heard in the press conference that Norv didn't want the timeout there and someone on the field called for it.
Fighter of Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:03 AM   #119
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post

On the other hand though, today's game was that much more apparent what many of us also said that Jacobs was not the secret to the Giants success this year. They can and did roll over one of the better NFC teams today as well without him or Burress. They still got 87 yards of rushing today against one of the top 10 rushing defenses so far this season statswise.

You're crazy. 87 yards is half of what they average and with Jacobs last week they ran up 200 against Baltimore, so if anything my argument was supported.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:04 AM   #120
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

WTF

timestamp
Old 11-24-2008, 08:04 AM   #121
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

WTF

timestamp
Old 11-24-2008, 08:22 AM   #122
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
You're crazy. 87 yards is half of what they average and with Jacobs last week they ran up 200 against Baltimore, so if anything my argument was supported.

Would they have beat the Cardinals yesterday with David Carr at QB and Brandon Jacobs healthy?
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:46 AM   #123
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Would they have beat the Cardinals yesterday with David Carr at QB and Brandon Jacobs healthy?

Hard for me to say since I didn't see the game. First Giants game I have missed in years. I went to the Seahawks game, that stadium is amazing. I am hoping to catch the game on NFL replay but my first inclination is probably not.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:13 AM   #124
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

So, I just listened to Reid's press conference from earlier this morning and apparently the McNabb era isn't over yet. Hopefully, the team can bounce back against Arizona on Thursday.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:27 PM   #125
molson
General Manager

Quote:
So, I just listened to Reid's press conference from earlier this morning and apparently the McNabb era isn't over yet. Hopefully, the team can bounce back against Arizona on Thursday.

McNabb > Kolb

I think sometimes fans just want star players benched as a punitive measure for having a couple of bad games, not because of what might be best for the team.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:32 PM   #126
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Hard for me to say since I didn't see the game. First Giants game I have missed in years. I went to the Seahawks game, that stadium is amazing.

Very cool.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 01:10 PM   #127
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

That is not what you argued. I think everyone agrees that Jacobs is the best running back on the Giants, and obviously they would run less without him.

The point is even without him they can still beat one of the better teams in the NFC. Same can be said about Burress as well evidently.. since they beat Arizona without either of them.

I still say the Giants strength is due to their offensive line. (They also have a good defense too, but their offensive line is outstanding) That in no way is intended as a slam either on the Giants. The Cowboys won so many in the mid-90s because of their offensive line in my opinion as well. I don't really intend to start an argument with all of the Cowboys and Giants fans all ganging up on me together, but I feel when you have an offensive line that is -that- good, of course it will make your QB and RB look better.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 01:43 PM   #128
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
McNabb > Kolb

I think sometimes fans just want star players benched as a punitive measure for having a couple of bad games, not because of what might be best for the team.

I completely agree. I think McNabb is still one of the top QB's in the league. He has been hampered by poor offensive protection and issues with receivers. Yes, he has some accuracy issues at times, but he is not the biggest problem with the offense right now.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 01:55 PM   #129
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
I completely agree. I think McNabb is still one of the top QB's in the league. He has been hampered by poor offensive protection and issues with receivers. Yes, he has some accuracy issues at times, but he is not the biggest problem with the offense right now.

He's gonna look pretty damn good in Minnesota next year.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 04:55 PM   #130
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Quentin Demps with the TD!!!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 04:55 PM   #131
JeeberD
General Manager

Dola-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Johnnie Lee Higgins PR for a TD.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:02 PM   #132
Raiders Army
Coordinator

To change the words from Donovan McNabb: That was just a white on green crime.

Lance Moore for the 70 yard TD!
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:48 PM   #133
Tigercat
College Starter

I am glad to see Lance Moore have a big game on on Monday night. He has been one of the most underrated players in the NFL this year, he deserves some spotlight.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:04 PM   #134
Jas_lov
College Starter

Bad special teams and bad defense for the Packers. I'm just glad the Packers didn't give up a TD there. Saints get the ball first in the 2nd half, so hopefully Crosby can get his kickoffs past the 25 yard line and the Packers can hold them to a FG. That seems to be their only hope.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:07 PM   #135
Jas_lov
College Starter

And they really need to fire Tony Kornheiser. All he's talked about is the game lasting too long and Brett Favre. You can tell that Jaws has no respect for him. He knows nothing about football, he's not funny, and he spouts more hyperboles than I do. Get rid of him already.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:18 PM   #136
sabotai
General Manager

Is Alan T's post possessed or something? Or am I the only one always seeing it at the end of the thread?
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:34 PM   #137
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Is Alan T's post possessed or something? Or am I the only one always seeing it at the end of the thread?

Ditto.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:38 PM   #138
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Alan T jumped into his time machine and posted from the future (10:52pm MST). That's why he's not saying anything about tonight's game.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:51 PM   #139
DeToxRox
Head Coach

M-V-P! M-V-P!
Old 11-24-2008, 08:55 PM   #140
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Stupid ass general manager took a 13-3 team a killed it, that takes talent. The Packer defense is nothing but a joke, the offense might as well punt when it is third and long, and when the QB blows up we see how that helps things now.

I turned off the game, I won't finish watching this mess.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:00 PM   #141
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
Stupid ass general manager took a 13-3 team a killed it, that takes talent. The Packer defense is nothing but a joke, the offense might as well punt when it is third and long, and when the QB blows up we see how that helps things now.

I turned off the game, I won't finish watching this mess.

It's the same team buddy with the exception of one player. And if you compare Favre's stats last year to Rodgers this year they are probably similar. You're putting all the blame on Thompson and most of it should go on the defense. The defense is not nearly as good, some of it because of key injuries. The defense carried them last year when Favre had bad games.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:00 PM   #142
DeToxRox
Head Coach

You cannot throw a pass more perfect then Brees just did to Colston on that TD.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:06 PM   #143
SFL Cat
College Starter

The Brett magic is gone...

Jets-Giants Super Bowl, anyone?
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:14 PM   #144
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFL Cat View Post
The Brett magic is gone...

Jets-Giants Super Bowl, anyone?

I'm hoping for Giants-Indy
Old 11-24-2008, 09:38 PM   #145
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post

It is the only way that i can get the last word in on a discussion with Lathum about the Giants!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:42 PM   #146
Drake
assmaster

That tackle by Aaron Rodgers to prevent the pick six in the 3rd quarter was outstanding. I need to put that in a loop with a "Rock You Like a Hurricane" soundtrack.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:45 PM   #147
Jas_lov
College Starter

And I think you jumped ship on the season too early, Cringer. Look at Arles who jumped off then jumped back on and now he probably jumped off again.

The Packers will control the tiebreakers vs the Bears and Vikings if they beat the Bears in Chicago. They had to go 1-1 vs. New Orelans and Carolina and they can still do that. They seem to play better at home anyway. Get to 6-6 and maybe they can run the table vs. Houston, Jacksonville, Chicago, and Detroit. It's not that far fetched, although the defense will have to play much better.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:21 PM   #148
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Another stupid move by Reid but that is getting to be the norm. If McNabb is starting this week there is no reason to pull him at the half. Once he pulled him he needed to be prepared to give Kolb the reigns. We need to find out if this kid can play before we have no other options and the remainder of this season is as good a time as any to try to find out. The Eagles are going nowhere this season with McNabb or not so why not try to a peak at your future.

McNabb's recent problems have been more than inaccuracy. When he has been inaccurate in the past it has been low and usually not in a position of being intercepted. Now he is not just inaccurate but making bad decisions with his throws.

Until Reid tries running the ball more than a handful of times a game it probably won't matter much.

Was it too hard to see the success they had under Garcia and the difference in their offensive approach? They ran the ball a lot and let Garcia manage the game and they won. As soon as McNabb came back it was back to an insane number of pass plays. You wear your offensive line out making them pass protect a lot. You wear the other team's defensive line out making them defend the run a lot.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 10:22 PM   #149
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

WTF? Time warp.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:24 PM   #150
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Kind of had one of your arguments supported and a different one not supported all in the same game. Giants did roll as many expected over the Cards and it seems they likely should be the best team in the NFC playoffs this year. As long as they don't pull another boneheaded game such as they did vs the Browns they have a good shot.

On the other hand though, today's game was that much more apparent what many of us also said that Jacobs was not the secret to the Giants success this year. They can and did roll over one of the better NFC teams today as well without him or Burress. They still got 87 yards of rushing today against one of the top 10 rushing defenses so far this season statswise.

I have a feeling you will be saying this in under an hour.