Favored Bitch #1

lol
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 01:59 PM   #102
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Did forcier really just throw that ball?

I'm just going to quote myself here instead of saying it again.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 01:59 PM   #103
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

please score OSU
Old 11-21-2009, 01:59 PM   #104
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

I want to mention that I have an incredible amount of dislike for Bobby Bowden right now.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:01 PM   #105
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Michigan played well enough to win this one. This one goes squarely on the QB who has made a bunch of awful throws. It's growing pains I know but by week 12 you're not a freshman anymore, you know better then this.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:02 PM   #106
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!

Earlier this week I checked on the game and saw a 3:30p start time. Just turned on the TV to set the recording before heading to work. I am pissed.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:04 PM   #107
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

I love Lonnie Pryor.(No Homo)
Old 11-21-2009, 02:13 PM   #108
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Who would have thought Michigan would actually hand a winnable game to OSU going into this game? They left probably 17 points on the field between a missed FG and some awful passes by Tate. Just terrible, especially when the D played it's heart out.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:13 PM   #109
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

We won. Thank God.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:14 PM   #110
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Dola if Brandon Graham is not an All American I don't know what to say. He's the best defensive player I have seen in Maize & Blue since Woodson. Absolute stud, what a terrible way to go out.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:20 PM   #111
Atocep
Coordinator

Forcier must have lost the "it" factor people were talking about earlier this season. He's a QB that struggles with throws in the pocket (so much so that he seems to want to move outside the pocket for every throw) and his height is a problem on some throws. Even for a true freshman he makes a lot of mistakes.

Denard Robinson should never be allowed to throw a forward pass. Ever.

I have a feeling Michigan will be breaking in an other true freshman QB next year. Devin Gardner will get significant playing time.

Graham is one of the top 2-3 defensive players I saw this season.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:33 PM   #112
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Forcier must have lost the "it" factor people were talking about earlier this season. He's a QB that struggles with throws in the pocket (so much so that he seems to want to move outside the pocket for every throw) and his height is a problem on some throws. Even for a true freshman he makes a lot of mistakes.

I have a feeling Michigan will be breaking in an other true freshman QB next year. Devin Gardner will get significant playing time.

Yep, and the problem with another true frosh QB is obvious. That said Gardner is a run QB who can throw. His motion is weird but he is a 60% completion guy in HS. He's 6'5", 220 lbs. He's built for this offense. Where as Tate isn't a threat for long runs like Denard and Denard isn't a threat to make the high percentage throws like Tate, Gardner does have the ability to do both.

What's more beneficial is he has spent a lot of time in Ann Arbor getting to know the finer points of the offense he is running in HS. Tate and Denard didn't do the zone read stuff, that's what Gardner knows. That facet is what makes this offense thrive and we have been without it two years now.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:03 PM   #113
tarcone
Coordinator

Iowa wins 12-0. We keep Floyd another season. 10-2 this season. Ferentz has more 10 win seasons then Hayden Fry now. Amazing.

10-2 and a BCS at large bid looming. Orange Bowl here we come.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:06 PM   #114
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
I'm about done with Randy Shannon. I like what he's done in turning around the reputation of the program, but I'm convinced that he's just not a very good head coach. He was severely outcoached in the NC and Clemson games. He's getting outcoached today. Even some of the wins have come due to the Canes talent overriding his shitty coaching (see the awful pooch kick decision against FSU) or by luck (Wake Forest muffing a punt deep in their own territory).

You fans of big programs are ridiculous.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:07 PM   #115
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

He's a true freshman and he's playing like a true freshman. It's why we don't see a lot start in college football. I don't think it's a death sentence on his college career.

I think they asked him to do way too much this year and that could cause issues in the future. But this year also could turn out to be great experience for him and he could parlay the experience into a good career with a couple offseasons to gets his feet under him.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:21 PM   #116
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Iowa wins 12-0. We keep Floyd another season. 10-2 this season. Ferentz has more 10 win seasons then Hayden Fry now. Amazing.

Oh, goodie! Iowa in a BCS game! I'm looking forward to all the field goals!
Old 11-21-2009, 03:24 PM   #117
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
You fans of big programs are ridiculous.

How so? Randy Shannon has been outcoached this year several times. I pointed out specific examples. He makes poor strategic decisions. The team falls apart at key moments. We needed a 4th quarter comeback to beat Duke at home. We needed a muffed punt to beat Wake Forest. The only good win was against Ga Tech. Our other "good" wins came against shorthanded Oklahoma and an FSU team that didn't turn out to be that good.

The team is young and I expect them to be better, but I'm not convinced Shannon can get the best out of them. Maybe he'll get better, but I'm not convinced based on what I've seen. I simply want a coach that can get the most out of whatever talent we have. If that's ridiculous, then so be it.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:50 PM   #118
digamma
Torchbearer

Yale fakes a punt on 4th and 22 from their own 25 with three minutes left and a 10-7 lead. After the obvious FAIL, Harvard punches it in to win 14-10.

8 out of the last 9 in The Game. Go Crimson!
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:51 PM   #119
Cuckoo
College Starter

Oh what a year for my Sooners... Never saw this coming.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:58 PM   #120
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
Yale fakes a punt on 4th and 22 from their own 25 with three minutes left and a 10-7 lead. After the obvious FAIL, Harvard punches it in to win 14-10.

8 out of the last 9 in The Game. Go Crimson!

Wow, seems like an awfully stupid decision for an Ivy League coach.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 04:23 PM   #121
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
He's a true freshman and he's playing like a true freshman. It's why we don't see a lot start in college football. I don't think it's a death sentence on his college career.

I think they asked him to do way too much this year and that could cause issues in the future. But this year also could turn out to be great experience for him and he could parlay the experience into a good career with a couple offseasons to gets his feet under him.

He's not a good fit for the read option. Devin Gardner will be the starting QB by the end of next season.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:48 PM   #122
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:

Wouldn't be too sure on this. If PSU wins today (they're now up 21-7), then they'll also be an attractive BCS option.

Especially if Pitt beats Cincy and wins the Big East.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 04:49 PM   #123
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Well if there was any doubt that Charlie would be gone, it could be erased as UConn is in position to win this game with 49 seconds left.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 04:51 PM   #124
miami_fan
Coordinator

3 seconds left. UCONN setting up for a game winning FG.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 04:51 PM   #125
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Wide left on the FG attempt. Going to OT.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:51 PM   #126
miami_fan
Coordinator

He missed it
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 11-21-2009, 04:53 PM   #127
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Who would have thought Michigan would actually hand a winnable game to OSU going into this game? They left probably 17 points on the field between a missed FG and some awful passes by Tate. Just terrible, especially when the D played it's heart out.

I think you are ignoring the fact that Ohio State was content with just running the clock in the 2nd half.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 04:53 PM   #128
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
He's not a good fit for the read option. Devin Gardner will be the starting QB by the end of next season.

They mentioned on the broadcast that Forcier may transfer. Any truth to that?
Old 11-21-2009, 04:54 PM   #129
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
I think you are ignoring the fact that Ohio State was content with just running the clock since the Purdue game.

fixed.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:06 PM   #130
RedKingGold
College Starter

Floodgates have opened. PSU now up 35-7 (pending extra point) on Michigan State.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:13 PM   #131
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

UConn beats ND 33-30 in the 2nd OT.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:14 PM   #132
RedKingGold
College Starter

Randy Edsall can coach my football team any day.

Last edited by RedKingGold : 11-21-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:16 PM   #133
miami_fan
Coordinator

I am really happy for the UCONN kids.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:17 PM   #134
miked
College Starter

Rutgers fucking sucks. We get in to the top 25, and lay an egg against probably the worst team in the Big East and maybe one of the worst in the country. Un-fucking-real.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:18 PM   #135
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp View Post
Michigan fans have come to expect that from Tate.

You mean Tate Force-a-throw?

By the way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post

Rich Rodriguez says Michigan Wolverines comply with rules - ESPN

I say 4 or 5 wins is a strong possibility this year!

Wish I could find where I said we'd be blaming the latest lost season on freshman QB's and looking to the next freshman QB as the savior.

I hope Garnder is redshirted & Forcier gets another year to see if he can get it together, then bring him in when he knows the offense rather than go through all this all over again. Move 16 to WR, where he can work out of the slot & use that amazing athleticism.

I don't think I need to go on about what I feel should be done with the coach.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:18 PM   #136
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I am really happy for the UCONN kids.

Same here. Their coach seems very cool, too.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:24 PM   #137
yacovfb
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Randy Edsall can coach my football team any day.

Guy is certainly a class act and with all they've been through, it's great that they could get this one. As for his coaching...let's just say I'm not a fan of his decision to waste 30 seconds with 3 timeouts to set up the winning 37 yard FG, especially after gaining huge chunks of yards on the ground. Glad they were able to overcome that, though.

In related news...this has got to swing the Gator Bowl back to the Big East, right? I mean, odds are Stanford beats em and puts them at 6-6 but there's no way they should get at 7-5 with a lame duck coach over an 11-1 Cincy team.
yacovfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:24 PM   #138
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Wouldn't be too sure on this. If PSU wins today (they're now up 21-7), then they'll also be an attractive BCS option.

Especially if Pitt beats Cincy and wins the Big East.

3 things:

1) Iowa is 2nd in the Big 10
2) Iowa beat Penn State (Not sure if this really matters)
3) Last time Iowa was in the Orange Bowl, 48,000 fans went to Miami. Orange Bowl wont pass up that. This is the main reason I think Iowa is in the Orange Bowl.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:27 PM   #139
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
3 things:

Doesn't matter for BCS selection (so long as both finish in Top 14)

Quote:

See above.

Quote:
3) Last time Iowa was in the Orange Bowl, 48,000 fans went to Miami. Orange Bowl wont pass up that. This is the main reason I think Iowa is in the Orange Bowl.

Penn State travels better than Iowa because it's a bigger school.

Last edited by RedKingGold : 11-21-2009 at 05:28 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:37 PM   #140
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Wow, I know we have a big Rutgers contingent here. WTF happened today?

Last edited by DeToxRox : 11-21-2009 at 05:44 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:03 PM   #141
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

LSU just missed a 2 point conversion. As a result, they are down 25-23 to Ole Miss with 1:17 left.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:05 PM   #142
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

LSU gets the onside kick as an Ole Miss player moved his hand away from it thinking it hadn't gone far enough.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:06 PM   #143
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
3 things:

I dont know about that, without their QB, their not as attractive. I seriously think a BCS bowl would rather taken Penn State then Iowa, and i dont even think its that close.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 06:09 PM   #144
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yacovfb View Post
Guy is certainly a class act and with all they've been through, it's great that they could get this one. As for his coaching...let's just say I'm not a fan of his decision to waste 30 seconds with 3 timeouts to set up the winning 37 yard FG, especially after gaining huge chunks of yards on the ground. Glad they were able to overcome that, though.

In related news...this has got to swing the Gator Bowl back to the Big East, right? I mean, odds are Stanford beats em and puts them at 6-6 but there's no way they should get at 7-5 with a lame duck coach over an 11-1 Cincy team.

Agreed on that playcalling at the end of the game. They were running, at will, over Notre Dame. I think they should have at least run another play to get into better FG position. On top of that, it was pretty odd to see them run the clock down that low while kicking on 2nd down -- usually, you see coaches keep a little time on the clock in case of a bad snap. I'm glad they won -- I think Edsall would have had some explaining to do if they had not.

Also, I hate to root against specific people, but Charlie Weis really rubs me the wrong way. I've only watched a handful of Notre Dame games this year, but it seems like Weis always treats the NBC sideline reporters like crap. When you have a ridiculous, multi-million dollar deal with a network, you would think that the coach could be a little courteous towards their reporters.

I think it would be hard justifying a 7-5 Notre Dame over an 11-1 Cincy, but it wouldn't completely surprise me. I'm guessing the Gator would take a 7-5 Notre Dame over a 9-3 WVU or Pitt in a second. Sad but true.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 06:13 PM   #145
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

LSU completed a 4th and 26 with 9 seconds left, but they failed to rush the FG team on with 1 second left and attempted to ground it. Time runs out and Ole Miss wins. Terrible clock management by Miles down the stretch.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:13 PM   #146
Swaggs
Coordinator

Wow... LSU.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 06:13 PM   #147
bronconick
College Starter

That was some awful late game clock management.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 06:13 PM   #148
AlexB
Pro Starter

Ok.... confused. Other than the terrible clock management in the LSU/Ole Miss game, why did the clock stop on that last catch?
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 06:14 PM   #149
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Did LSU just really spike the ball with :00 on the clock? Really?
Old 11-21-2009, 06:14 PM   #150
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Wow, I know we have a big Rutgers contingent here. WTF happened today?

One of my best friends is on the RU staff. He texted me a few minutes in and said Syracuse was running the triple option and they hadn't run it all season and RU was totally caught off guard.

Last edited by Lathum : 11-21-2009 at 06:22 PM.