Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-07-2007, 01:31 PM   #101
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbor View Post
LOL

Yeah, after initially being really irritated, I laughed too.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:33 PM   #102
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
That's the point. My commander (new to the whole army thing) told the troops to defend the village, not raid it. So now we have to call them back, and then send them back out with new orders to attack.

Hey, we're new to the whole military thing...

LOL!!! I didn't know who you were raiding, thought it could have been another and you defended another on your way back. Good stuff!

Reminds me of when illinifan had upgraded his HT stadium by only 5 VIP seats

FM
Old 09-07-2007, 01:36 PM   #103
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
LOL!!! I didn't know who you were raiding, thought it could have been another and you defended another on your way back. Good stuff!

Reminds me of when illinifan had upgraded his HT stadium by only 5 VIP seats

FM

Haha, that's actually the first thing I thought of too

They're on their way for real now. The real intent of the first was deceit, and general subterfuge. Right.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:37 PM   #104
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The whole thing plays out like a monty python skit.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:49 PM   #105
Vince
Pro Starter

So my Legionaire died. There were no defenders. I guess I need a force of at least a couple of troops, or just the 2 normal people there can kick his ass?
Old 09-07-2007, 01:55 PM   #106
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

That is odd since most of the game wiki areas talk about how much stronger attack is than defense...even to say that having equal numbers of attackers and defenders should result in an easy win.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:13 PM   #107
Vince
Pro Starter

Well, the Combat Simulator reports that I get no casualties with 2 Legionaires, so I'll try that the next time I decide to do any offensive action.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:33 PM   #108
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Well, surkimus just attacked our village with 10 clubswingers.

This is what I sent him:

Hail Teutons! Hail surkimus!

It appears that there has been a terrible misunderstanding with some of your merchants. A number of merchants came in a wagon, I assume to trade with our town, but they jumped out and started taking a bunch of our wares. While our merchants here certainly support "Try before you buy" they do expect some sort of payment. When one of our merchants questioned this practice, he was run through with a sword!

I am sure this is due to the language barrier between our two peoples. We would love to enter a trading relationship with the Teutons of Vaasa, but we would prefer a form of barter rather than the running through our merchants received.

If you wish to conduct this "running through" trade program, I would like to point you to the towns of memoo, Takara, and Snape's Village. They might enjoy this sort of trade a bit more.

Warmest regards,
WarhammerII
- Trade Master of Massilla
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:37 PM   #109
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

well played.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:41 PM   #110
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

well played indeed but wow, his city's population of 89 is impressive

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 09-07-2007 at 02:42 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:50 PM   #111
Warhammer
Pro Starter

His response:

I am a filthy barbarian from the north i raid and kill ewerything that comes in my way, but if the price is right i can soften up and traid a little bit.

surkimus

So, I figure I can go to his alliance head and see if I can get them to talk some sense to the guy... Nope, he's one of the main guys in his alliance...
Old 09-07-2007, 03:04 PM   #112
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
His response:

I am a filthy barbarian from the north i raid and kill ewerything that comes in my way, but if the price is right i can soften up and traid a little bit.

surkimus

So, I figure I can go to his alliance head and see if I can get them to talk some sense to the guy... Nope, he's one of the main guys in his alliance...

D'oh. Good luck. Being attacked by an alliance member is going to make things rather more difficult.

Old 09-07-2007, 03:05 PM   #113
Warhammer
Pro Starter

>look forward to the future and all that it brings with it, either your going to >be a friend or foe, i wisch you luck, i have lots of resources to treid 3/2

Ugh, this doesn't look good long term.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:05 PM   #114
Brillig
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
will build mine to 340 this afternoon, pretty close to what I'd produce of about anything in 8 hours of sleep, but I will probably add another level very soon after that...

Gaulish crannies are nice

FM

Yeah, the Gauls look great for early-game defense. Too bad I picked Roman .

Oh well, my master plan has me up to a cranny level 7 by the time I come out of protection, so any raiders can have fun scraping the dog poo off the streets.
Brillig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:10 PM   #115
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
His response:

surkimus

Quote:
>look forward to the future and all that it brings with it, either your going to >be a friend or foe, i wisch you luck, i have lots of resources to treid 3/2

really, ugh... Good luck with that. Any other FOFCers in your vicinity? I think I'm a bit far I'm afraid. In fact, I don't think many other FOFCers are close to me...

FM
Old 09-07-2007, 03:15 PM   #116
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:

You might want to let him know that you simply plan on upgrading your cranny and developing Defensive troops, so that you won't be easy pickings. Make it clear you intend no offensive action, just that you're going to defend yourself. He won't keep "farming" you if you are a hard nut to crack.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:25 PM   #117
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
You might want to let him know that you simply plan on upgrading your cranny and developing Defensive troops, so that you won't be easy pickings. Make it clear you intend no offensive action, just that you're going to defend yourself. He won't keep "farming" you if you are a hard nut to crack.

I told him that I would be willing to trade with him once I get a marketplace and stuff up. I pointed out that a 3/2 trade for him is easier than farming me. He seemed to be willing to accept that. I don't have a problem with essentially giving him 100 resources if it enables me to concentrate on other things.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:34 PM   #118
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Has anyone started working on an embassy? If not I'll start building mine up so we can form our alliance sooner rather than later. I assume if people see us as part of an alliance they might skip past us as someone that is not "Easy pickings"
Old 09-07-2007, 03:37 PM   #119
Brillig
College Prospect

I think Warhammer is/was.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:49 PM   #120
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ahh ok. hows that going warhammer? I have my embassy at level 1 (Required to join alliances).. if you are further along, then I won't go any further and focus on other things. If you're at #1 I can go ahead and do it. Im not being harassed by any other town right now.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:55 PM   #121
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Ahh ok. hows that going warhammer? I have my embassy at level 1 (Required to join alliances).. if you are further along, then I won't go any further and focus on other things. If you're at #1 I can go ahead and do it. Im not being harassed by any other town right now.

I echo Alan's sentiments. I am basically in a non-hostile enviroment (yet)
Old 09-07-2007, 10:46 PM   #122
Yellow5
High School Varsity

I was attacked again so I'd like to get an alliance setup as quickly as possible. I'm not losing much due to enough storage in my crannies but I'd feel better if we had an alliance going.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:24 AM   #123
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I never heard where Warhammer stood on the embassy thing and it sounded like he had some issues with being attacked himself, so I'll go ahead and upgrade my embassy to level 2. I'll need level 3 to be able to start an alliance, and everyone who wants to join will need level 1 embassy themselves.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:18 AM   #124
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok, should have a level 3 embassy later today to be able to invite people into an alliance. You have to have a level 1 embassy in order to be invited in.. Who has level 1 embassys so I can invite them today?
Old 09-08-2007, 06:35 AM   #125
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

I guess I should start building my embassy when I have enough resources in an hour or so.

Old 09-08-2007, 07:33 AM   #126
HerRealName
College Prospect

I'm playing under SpankEJones and I have an Embassy 1. I should have a barracks in the near future too. I should probably build up my resources more first but I lack the patience.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 07:36 AM   #127
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Ok, should have a level 3 embassy later today to be able to invite people into an alliance. You have to have a level 1 embassy in order to be invited in.. Who has level 1 embassys so I can invite them today?

currently says:
Enough resources today at 13:42 o'clock

I should be back home around that time to build it. Will let you know when I'm ready to be invited...

FM
Old 09-08-2007, 08:39 AM   #128
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Level 1 Embassy construction begun. It will be complete at 10:08 EST.

Old 09-08-2007, 12:34 PM   #129
Yellow5
High School Varsity

My embassy is complete.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:03 PM   #130
Brillig
College Prospect

Embassy built!
Old 09-08-2007, 01:05 PM   #131
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Building:
Embassy (level 1)0:30:51 hdone at 14:36 o'clock

That's eastern time...

FM
Old 09-08-2007, 01:20 PM   #132
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I need about 20 more crops, but heading out to eat in a few. when I get back I'll do the upgrade to level 3 embassy and then send out the invites. probably in about 3 hours or so!
Old 09-08-2007, 01:25 PM   #133
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:

Got attacked 8 more times by the farging ass last night. I understand games where this crap happens, but this really sucks.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:02 PM   #134
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Better be quick, man. The attacks aren't stopping. Lol
Old 09-08-2007, 02:12 PM   #135
Yellow5
High School Varsity

Build crannies! Seriously, I've got mine up to level 6 and that has stopped attacks for the moment. People come in and leave with nothing.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:36 PM   #136
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Got attacked 8 more times by the farging ass last night. I understand games where this crap happens, but this really sucks.

I don't "understand" it, but I understand that it happens. It's bullshit if you ask me.

Old 09-08-2007, 02:48 PM   #137
daedalus
Pro Rookie

daedalus hidden village (Capital) 8 (-112|95)
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 06:14 PM   #138
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
I don't "understand" it, but I understand that it happens. It's bullshit if you ask me.

He attacked me again and only got 14 grain...
Old 09-08-2007, 06:19 PM   #139
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok, created the alliance, and sent invites out to everyone that I knew was playing..

If you are playing and didn't get an invite, tell us what your game name is..

Also at level 3 embassy, our alliance can only have 9 players.. I currently have 13 invites out.. so Im guessing those who are late will get left out. I'll upgrade to level 4 embassy tonight and then level 5 as soon as I can, as each level we can add 3 more people. I'm hoping by tommorrow we'll have everyone in who wants to join..

We have some options for the alliance, I will list them below:

1) Change the name. I currently have it called FOFC.. we can name it whatever we want.

2) Give people in the alliance specific positions. I don't know if there are a limit to how many "positions" we can have, but in doing so, I can also give people some or any of the following abilities within the alliance: Assign to position, Kick Player, Change Alliance Description, Alliance Diplomacy, IGMs to every alliance member, Invite player to alliance, manage forums.

3) I can kick a player, doubt thats needed for us.

4) Change Alliance description - We can have a short name (such as FOFC), and a longer description (currently also set to FOFC)

5) Alliance Diplomacy -

We can offer an alliance with another alliance, offer a non-agression pact, or declare war with another alliance.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:19 PM   #140
Vince
Pro Starter

I'll start building my Embassy as soon as I have the resources for it. Should have one by this evening.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:32 PM   #141
Yellow5
High School Varsity

Just accepted mine, thanks! I'm cool with a few of us having the ability to make changes to the alliance. I would expect most of that would be discussed here before any changes are made unless it is an emergency situation.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:34 PM   #142
Yellow5
High School Varsity

Oh and found this link: http://travilog.org.ua/compressor.php

It's an attack log parser.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:10 PM   #143
Castlerock
High School Varsity

Quote:
Ok, created the alliance, and sent invites out to everyone that I knew was playing..

If you are playing and didn't get an invite, tell us what your game name is..
castlerock
No embasy yet but I'll build one soon.
Castlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 07:10 PM   #144
sabotai
General Manager

Started playing. Game name is sabotai, village name is Dencetium (-77|128)

Have mostly inactive people around me from what I can tell, but there are a few 30+ populations around me.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 07:28 PM   #145
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlerock View Post
castlerock
No embasy yet but I'll build one soon.

Think I already sent you one. You should have it when you start up an embassy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Started playing. Game name is sabotai, village name is Dencetium (-77|128)

Have mostly inactive people around me from what I can tell, but there are a few 30+ populations around me.

Sent you one too.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:20 PM   #146
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

I did not get one: lordscarlet

Old 09-08-2007, 09:23 PM   #147
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I did not get one: lordscarlet

It says there is one for you. Check in your embassy to see if you have the invite?
Old 09-08-2007, 09:34 PM   #148
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Wow. it doesn't send you a notice? That is super lame.

Old 09-08-2007, 09:34 PM   #149
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

dola: Woo! I'm #1!

Old 09-08-2007, 09:47 PM   #150
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Wow. it doesn't send you a notice? That is super lame.

yeah, it's lame. I didn't know I had one and sent a notice to Alan only to see I had one in my embassy...

FM