Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-05-2006, 03:13 PM   #101
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
damn, rookie A is already quite impressive to me, but that 20 hours is a part-time job!!!

I think I logged 5 hours since downloading the thing on Saturday evening which to me is incredible dedication to any game

FM

Yeah, I downloaded the game last Tuesday and didn't play yesterday, so that was 20 hours in 5 days, about half of which came last Thursday and Friday. It actually piles up quickly if you play for an hour or so in the afternoon and do the same in the evening. It's so tempting to "just play three more holes" or "just play one more tournament."

But I've got to pay the fiddler this week. Way behind in work.

Work work work. No Pangya for me.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 06-05-2006 at 03:13 PM.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:48 AM   #102
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

okay, I know these are all available from the albatross help pages but since I made myself some quick reference card to print out, I thought I'd share them, so here we go...

Control keys quick card:

Spin and ball trajectory:

Tomahawk shot:

Cobra Shot:

Experience given in stroke play game, part 1:

part 2:

Experience given in match play game:

Experience given in a tournament (ridiculously low imo):

Experience needed to level up:

I was more interested in the spin/trajectory notes and cobra and tomahawk shots as they could be helpful to overcome the relative lack of power that comes with being cheap, but ended up doing a couple more. There are some nice controls shortcuts I didn't know about...

You can right-click on any of them an print them out separately for quick reference during a game...

FM
Old 06-06-2006, 11:49 AM   #103
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

dola, I didn't play much yesterday but I'm now at 38/40 experience points so will level up to Rookie C as soon as I play one more 3 hole game...

FM
Old 06-06-2006, 03:24 PM   #104
Vince
Pro Starter

Also, to get those Super Spin shots, you simply have to hit the up or down arrow during the downswing, and hit a Pangya shot. Up for topspin, down for backspin. These are the shots that skid for a little further forward or backwards when the ball stops rolling.

I've yet to successfully use a Tomahawk or Cobra shot, but I'm trying. Usually it jacks up my downswing to try
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 03:33 PM   #105
Vince
Pro Starter

Dola -- Just finished a quick 6 with wade moore to get myself to Rookie B. This game is addicting.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:37 PM   #106
Hurst2112
College Starter

so, do you need to use this with an overdrive (bars under your name)? Does it have to be used with a red potion? or, are the moves available anytime?
Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:52 PM   #107
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurst2112
so, do you need to use this with an overdrive (bars under your name)? Does it have to be used with a red potion? or, are the moves available anytime?

to do the cobra and tomahawk shots, you need to have a red bar, same as a powershot. There's a flash file demonstrating how to do the shots on this page:
http://www.albatross18.com/forum/for...&PN=1#letgotop

You can use the trajectory thing without a powershot I would assume though. I'll try that to work against the wind a little tonight.

FM
Old 06-06-2006, 07:54 PM   #108
Lonnie
High School Varsity

Add me to the list as LonnieB. I'm through training.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:59 PM   #109
wade moore
lolzcat

I see a handful of folks on...

I setup a room on crux..

Room: FOFC
Password: Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:02 PM   #110
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

just finished playing a 6 hole game with wademoore, lonnie and terps (ironman) and I gotta say, it beats the hell out of playing with perfect strangers. Had lots of fun guys, not only because I won it, haha, but it was nice to play with people I knew for once.

The three man/three hole game before that, with hurst and terps was also a lot of fun.

Now off to bed. I'm a good boy, I can control my addiction... for now.

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 06-06-2006 at 11:07 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:04 PM   #111
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
just finished playing a 6 hole game with wademoore, lonnie and terps (ironman) and I gotta say, it beats the hell out of playing with perfect strangers. Had lots of fun guys, not only because I won it, haha, but it was nice to play with people I knew for once.

The three man/three man game before that, with hurst and terps was also a lot of fun.

Now off to bed. I'm a good boy, I can control my addiction... for now.

FM

Agreed, a ton of fun...

I hit my best shot ever by far in this one, so it was cool to have FOFCers on..

We were playing Blue Lagoon and on Hole 8 (A Par 4) I hit my second shot 238 yards and it rolled in for the Eagle!

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 06-06-2006, 11:05 PM   #112
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Damn this work...still working now, and have another hour or two to go.

I should be back by Friday or so. Looking forward to playing again.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:54 AM   #113
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore
Agreed, a ton of fun...

I hit my best shot ever by far in this one, so it was cool to have FOFCers on..

We were playing Blue Lagoon and on Hole 8 (A Par 4) I hit my second shot 238 yards and it rolled in for the Eagle!

forgot to mention it yesterday but that was an awesome shot, really neat to be able to see it live

Now, to be able to make one is another thing...

FM
Old 06-07-2006, 07:40 AM   #114
Lonnie
High School Varsity

That was a fun round guys. Terrible first day of play for me. I had just played 18 before I played with you guys. During that game I holed out from about 205 to save a par 5. Then the guy I was playing with got a Hole in One. Then I join you guys and Wade knocks that one in for an Eagle. Terrible....way to get me addicted. I'll agree it's a fun little time waster. I wish it would play 1024x768 in windowed mode though.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:35 PM   #115
Hurst2112
College Starter

Sorry I had to split last night guys. I had some business to take care of. As I mentioned in the room, I put off a mixing session to play. I can't do that anymore!!!

I will see you guys around later in the week.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:49 PM   #116
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Sorry I had to split last night guys. I had some business to take care of. As I mentioned in the room, I put off a mixing session to play. I can't do that anymore!!!

I will see you guys around later in the week.

dude, don't be sorry, it was cool while you were there. Seriously, take care of your stuff so this computer golf playing thing isn't your unpaid full time job in the future, if you know what I mean

FM
Old 06-07-2006, 01:09 PM   #117
Hurst2112
College Starter

Right on man. I will add that it is cool to play with guys I know. Since we are all pretty much on 'par' with each other, it can get pretty interesting during the last holes of a match. Exciting to say the least!
Old 06-07-2006, 01:27 PM   #118
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Right on man. I will add that it is cool to play with guys I know. Since we are all pretty much on 'par' with each other, it can get pretty interesting during the last holes of a match. Exciting to say the least!

absolutely, yesterday's 6 hole game was very close. I think all four of us finished within 4 shots of one another. I'm also realizing that 6 holes will pretty much be my perfect game to play with four players. Three holes is kind of short and everyone can tie if they don't have a bad hole and if you do have a bad hole, there's no chance to redeem yourself. With 6 holes, I found that the game is reasonably not too long yet still avoids that one runs away from the other.

I said it before but I'll say it again, playing with FOFCers rocks big time

I should show up online around 9-9:30 eastern tonight. I have sent buddy requests to every FOFCer listed in the first post but some have not responded to the request. Check it so we know when you show up online and we can ping you to play a game...

FM
Old 06-07-2006, 01:35 PM   #119
wade moore
lolzcat

Ok, I'm going to put this out there for ease of playing with each other..

Anytime you're waiting around, trying to get folks to play, whatever... setup or see if this room is already setup:

Server: Crux
Room: FOFC
Password: Jim

Quote:
Old 06-07-2006, 01:48 PM   #120
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Let's get it ON!
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 02:09 PM   #121
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

good idea Wade and that way if someone is showing as being in a private room, you can PM him and see how many are already in there and if there's a need to start a second room. Like yesterday when hurst was keeping me up to date as to where they were in their games and I was able to simply wait it out to play with them...

FM
Old 06-07-2006, 02:17 PM   #122
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
good idea Wade and that way if someone is showing as being in a private room, you can PM him and see how many are already in there and if there's a need to start a second room. Like yesterday when hurst was keeping me up to date as to where they were in their games and I was able to simply wait it out to play with them...

FM

Yup, exactly.

BTW - Coffee is a ringer.

Quote:
Old 06-07-2006, 02:28 PM   #123
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore
Yup, exactly.

BTW - Coffee is a ringer.

Lies.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:31 PM   #124
bbor
Pro Starter

We may need an FOFC tourny soon.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 02:33 PM   #125
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbor
We may need an FOFC tourny soon.

So it shall be written, so it shall be done.

I wonder if we use the "tourney" mode in the game, or if we design our own? Getting a time when EVERYONE can be on might be difficult, but we could have a tourney where you do "day 1" with a "foursome" and then "day 2" with a different "foursome", etc. and run through it... then you only have to get 4 people on at the same time rather than say 12 or whatever...

Quote:
Old 06-07-2006, 02:38 PM   #126
bbor
Pro Starter

I'm sure we could get 10 guys online at once....no?

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 02:52 PM   #127
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbor
I'm sure we could get 10 guys online at once....no?

Well, for me, the times many others can get on (eveingings/weekends) are often bad for me.

Quote:
Old 06-07-2006, 02:54 PM   #128
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I'm up for a tournament. I'm good for pretty much any evening except Thursday (and that's just from 7:30pm to 11:00pm Eastern that I'm unavailable). Are there any Albatross regulars in this thread who haven't reached Rookie E yet?
Old 06-07-2006, 02:56 PM   #129
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
I'm up for a tournament. I'm good for pretty much any evening except Thursday (and that's just from 7:30pm to 11:00pm Eastern that I'm unavailable). Are there any Albatross regulars in this thread who haven't reached Rookie E yet?

Coffee's playing his first games today, he's still Rookie F... for now...

Quote:
Old 06-07-2006, 03:02 PM   #130
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

CW can be quite an addict if he gets into it, odds are he'll be Rookie E by tomorrow at sunrise

I could do a tourney most evenings between 9:30 and 11pm eastern, depending on what comes up at home, but for now it's been when I've been able to sit down and relax.

fwiw, a tourney is about the only way I see myself playing through 18 holes. With other players, it would simply make for too long a game...

FM
Old 06-07-2006, 03:07 PM   #131
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Well, I just stomped wade 3 times in a row, so fear me.

....and fear my chipping skills.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 06-07-2006 at 03:07 PM.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:11 PM   #132
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

here's a little something I came up with during the break today, basically shows how long it should take to play different kind of games...

shots per round81
shots per hole4.5
seconds per shot22
seconds between holes60
2 players
3 players
4 players
3 holes0:12:540:17:510:22:48
6 holes0:25:480:35:420:45:36
9 holes0:38:420:53:331:08:24
12 holes0:51:361:11:241:31:12
15 holes1:04:301:29:151:54:00
18 holes1:17:241:47:062:16:48

shots per round is a possible average to help me make an average per hole
seconds per shot is close to my average of about 19 or 20 seconds with some room for slower players
seconds between hole is kind of a time to make up for loading time and extra lost time here and there...

times are h:mm:ss

I think our 4 player/6 holes game of yesterday took around 50 minute so this is kind of close...

FM
Old 06-07-2006, 03:53 PM   #133
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Well, I just stomped wade 3 times in a row, so fear me.

....and fear my chipping skills.

hmmm, this jives with that 'you should have seen how i let coffee win' pm i just got.

kidding!!
Old 06-07-2006, 04:18 PM   #134
Lonnie
High School Varsity

I hit Rookie E last night. So I'm up for a tourney.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:20 PM   #135
Terps
College Prospect

I'm up for a tourney too, depending on the time and date.
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 04:22 PM   #136
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
here's a little something I came up with during the break today, basically shows how long it should take to play different kind of games...

shots per round81
shots per hole4.5
seconds per shot22
seconds between holes60
2 players
3 players
4 players
3 holes0:12:540:17:510:22:48
6 holes0:25:480:35:420:45:36
9 holes0:38:420:53:331:08:24
12 holes0:51:361:11:241:31:12
15 holes1:04:301:29:151:54:00
18 holes1:17:241:47:062:16:48

shots per round is a possible average to help me make an average per hole
seconds per shot is close to my average of about 19 or 20 seconds with some room for slower players
seconds between hole is kind of a time to make up for loading time and extra lost time here and there...

times are h:mm:ss

I think our 4 player/6 holes game of yesterday took around 50 minute so this is kind of close...

FM

Very helpful. The only suggestion I'd make is to adjust shots/hole to 4, which would be par.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:35 PM   #137
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla Blitz
Very helpful. The only suggestion I'd make is to adjust shots/hole to 4, which would be par.

yeah, but we don't always hit par

My average round is at 79 I think, although I've never played a complete 18 holes at once...

FM
Old 06-07-2006, 05:45 PM   #138
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Got some time to kill if anyone wants a quick 6.

Crux -> FOFC (pw: Jim)
Old 06-07-2006, 05:57 PM   #139
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

set up a FOFC room, Pw: Jim
Old 06-07-2006, 07:58 PM   #140
Terps
College Prospect

Ugh, just had my first bad experience on there. Joined a quick start with 3 other people to play a 6 hole match play. For some reason my partner just let the time run out on every shot (incurring a stroke penalty), and then left after the 5th hole.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:58 PM   #141
Terps
College Prospect

Dola,

I'll be on late night if anyone is around.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:24 PM   #142
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terps
Ugh, just had my first bad experience on there. Joined a quick start with 3 other people to play a 6 hole match play. For some reason my partner just let the time run out on every shot (incurring a stroke penalty), and then left after the 5th hole.

happened to me yesterday. Unless I really have little time, I don't play a two player three hole, since while it goes somewhat fast, you get about no experience. Was playing with three when a dude rookie A or about missed a couple shots on a hole and gave up. Instead of simply dropping out, he let the time drop down three times until he got DQ'd...

Another reason why playing with FOFCers is better!

I'll be heading over there in a couple minutes when my oldest goes to bed...

FM
Old 06-07-2006, 10:06 PM   #143
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I'm about trolling for a round or so.

One question I haven't been able to find out. What is the difference between the accuracy and control character ratings?

Control seems to make the Pangya bar move slower. No idea how accuracy is represented in game.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:30 PM   #144
wade moore
lolzcat

is it the size of the pink bar at the bottom of your meter?

Quote:
Old 06-07-2006, 10:49 PM   #145
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

I was gonna guess that same as wade...

Anyway played another enjoyable 6 hole game with FOFCers, was 16 pang short of being able to buy myself some power+1 shoes so went in played a 3 hole game against AN ASSHOLE who dropped out on his last putt, fucking moron... Anyway, got enough pang anyway and I bought them, woohoo I can now hit 232yds with my driver... I want to save enough pang to get the next character though, he makes me laugh

FM
Old 06-07-2006, 11:45 PM   #146
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Yes, accuracy increases the width of the pink spot.

(That's a sentence I'd never thought I'd see myself write.)

I've played about 30 pickup rounds altogether (outside of those with FOFC players), and only one has been bad. Half have been pretty good, and the other half have been quiet. With such an international crowd playing, I think a lot of the players have limited English skills. They tend to play silently when in small groups.

The nice thing about droppers is that the game tracks quitting percentages. You can look them up before you join a round with them. I've avoided a few players based on their quit percentages.

Just plain silly to quit on the last putt, as you get a pang bonus for completing the round.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 06-07-2006 at 11:48 PM.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:05 AM   #147
Terps
College Prospect

The server just went down for an upgrade, we didn't heed the warning messages though. haha.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:06 AM   #148
Hurst2112
College Starter

me and ironman got off about 6 games before the server shut down
Old 06-08-2006, 03:12 AM   #149
Vince
Pro Starter

Damn server going out. Just bought a new pair of Kicks though, and graduated to Rookie A.

Didn't realize you two were on, or I would have joined you.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:24 AM   #150
Terps
College Prospect

I probably would've leveled to Rookie B if the server didn't go down.

I saw you were on but by the time I went to message you, you were playing.