Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-06-2006, 09:49 PM   #101
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Thanks, Logan. I just find it weird. On the 32" I can relax and watch the incoming pitch and adjust accordingly. On the big guy, I have to swing as it comes out of the pitcher's hand. When I'm pitching on the big screen, it seems like I almost need to double-tap the X button to get the release point right. I'll be mixing up my play time - so to need to re-adjust 50% of the time just isn't going to cut it.

How much are crappy TVs these days, anyway? I guess less expensive than a PSP - ha.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:51 PM   #102
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I would have loved to keep my psp, but man did that thing hurt my eyes after playing last year's MLB.. or any game for that matter. Too bad, because I've read it's just as good on the psp.

Todd - do you have a history of having your eyes hurt when reading small print, or was this the first time you were ever effected in such a way?

I've never had my eyes hurt when looking at something small, so I'm just trying to get a gauge if this was something new for you (and something for me to worry about) or something that happens often.

Thanks!
how do you know?

Old 03-06-2006, 09:53 PM   #103
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
Todd - do you have a history of having your eyes hurt when reading small print, or was this the first time you were ever effected in such a way?

I've never had my eyes hurt when looking at something small, so I'm just trying to get a gauge if this was something new for you (and something for me to worry about) or something that happens often.

Thanks!

I never had a problem with small print, but MVP on the PSP hurt my eyes.

I really enjoy my PSP, but I hardly play any action games on it (except for occasionally Madden.) Mostly, I play RPG's and strategy games on it.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-06-2006 at 09:57 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:05 PM   #104
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I just remembered, we have slightly damaged 27" TV in the basement. No way I cna justify a PSP. Oh well...
how do you know?

Old 03-06-2006, 10:20 PM   #105
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Friggin Cubs!

Getting ready to play them myself. Soupy goes to the hill.

So far, the commentary is anything but repetitive, but hey I've only played like 15 games including spring training.

You'll be glad to know I droped the second game 10-5. Hit a couple of gappers that Edmonds ran down easily. The speed of the individual players is very accurate from the 10 or so games I have played. I had Pierre on second and Ramirez on first with two outs. Jones hit a hard grounder to Eckstein that went through his legs. Runners were going hard with the two outs and Pierre of course scored easily. Ramirez seeing the ball go through Eckstein decided to go to third. Bigbie was charging in from LF picked up the ball and threw Aramis out by 20 feet.

My only real complaint is the auto-baserunning feature. I set my runners on AI control asI have always had a hard time with almost all of these baseball games when I get more than one runner on. I don't mind as I just go with the idea that my basecoaches are doing the job. The problem is that with auto-running on the manual steal sign doesn't seem to work. Pierre has attempted a couple of steals that the AI must have sent him on. But if I hit the L2+(base icon) I get nothing. A little disappointing but I'll live.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:32 PM   #106
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Same here - I had a double play end an inning and the runner didn't score either.

Oddly enough I played my last game on my HDTV (I normally play on our 32-inch CRT circa 1995) and the timing was completely different. I had little or no time to react to pitches as well as tap the X button to set up my release point while pitching. Bruce Chen unfortunately had to bear the brunt of it, giving up 4 runs in the first inning (I was throwing the ball all over the place). I even changed controllers thinking it was that. Needless to say, I won't be playing on my big TV anymore. Makes no sense to me, unless I accidentally changed a slider somehwhere (all i did there was change if to 16:9 ratio - and then changed it back when I couldn't pitch worth a lick).

Would love to play again on my 32", but that's in the bedroom and the wife is asleep now. I might need to get a small, lame CRT TV just for this - OR, get a PSP. Hmm....

I have a 28 inch wide screen hdtv with the regular type picture tube in the basement that I play on, at the 16:9 ratio, and haven't had this problem. I haven't tried it on the 52 inch upstairs. That one is rear projection and games are not allowed near it.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:30 PM   #107
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Thanks!

Like EF, it was just on the psp and the reason I got rid of it.

Sweed,

Actually, this is the first game I control the runners manually.. for some reason it's easy for me.

What level and settings do you play with? Also, do you use the guess pitch feature?

I know when I played the Phillies, their CF could snag just about anything.. it was great to see the different abilities come into play.. this game does so much right!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 05:44 PM   #108
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Sweed,

Actually, this is the first game I control the runners manually.. for some reason it's easy for me.

What level and settings do you play with? Also, do you use the guess pitch feature?

I know when I played the Phillies, their CF could snag just about anything.. it was great to see the different abilities come into play.. this game does so much right!

I play on default veteran now. I do use the guess pitch feature but limit myself to what I consider realistic situations. Down 0-2 I'll just be protecting while ahead I may take a chance and guess. Certainly haven't found it to be an automatic HR or even a hit when I am right. Have had several groundball outs or hard hit balls that just fall in. However if Lee or Ramirez guess right the chances do go up but they are also just as likely to drive one to the gap.

In my 4 games IIRC Lee has 4 dingers and Ramirez 3 nobody else has more than 1. I've wondered if I'm going to have to tweak it a little but will wait a few more games before deciding. As a comparison Pujols already has 5 HR's and I believe St Louis has played 5 games but then Edmonds only has 1 and Rolen 2.

I may go to controling the runners when I have just one on base and let the AI do it with multiples. It's just so many times I'll either want to advance only the lead runner and get the back one thrown out or only want to stop the rear runner and send him back to first and end up sending the runner that was going to score easily from second back to third. lol
Old 03-07-2006, 06:25 PM   #109
Icy
Pro Starter

Off topic for the MVP 05 PC players like me, there is a mod for the 06 incoming season that can be found at http://www.mvpmods.com/

Quote:
After months of development, the modding crew at MVPMods.com have released a massive overhaul of the PC version of MVP Baseball 2005. MVP '06: Major League Baseball features updates of nearly everything that is allowed to be modded in the game.

This means, updated stadiums, uniforms, in-game overlays, rosters, teams, aww to heck with it, here's what this baby has:

* 58 updated stadiums (various modders #1)
* 897 updated cyberfaces (various modders #2)
* The best most up to date rosters (Totte)
* 1363 audio updates INCLUDING some new team audios (Total Audio+ HORY)
* 3277 portrait upgrades (Total Portraits HORY)
* 21 generic face upgrades (Uncle Mo)
* 448 uniform upgrades (mainly Mosser plus #3)
* 63 Loading screens (should be updated again before the final version)
* 2006 schedule (Hory)
* multiple backgrounds (some will be reworked before the final version)
* NEW datafile (MaddiesDaddy) contains #4
* NEW Overlay (Trues)
* 58 stadium select screens
* updated LOC files

This major update allows more than 6000 updates and upgrades, and has been a symbol of our hard work for the MVP Baseball community. Enjoy it, as it is 100% free.

Last edited by Icy : 03-07-2006 at 06:27 PM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:58 PM   #110
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed
I play on default veteran now. I do use the guess pitch feature but limit myself to what I consider realistic situations. Down 0-2 I'll just be protecting while ahead I may take a chance and guess. Certainly haven't found it to be an automatic HR or even a hit when I am right. Have had several groundball outs or hard hit balls that just fall in. However if Lee or Ramirez guess right the chances do go up but they are also just as likely to drive one to the gap.

In my 4 games IIRC Lee has 4 dingers and Ramirez 3 nobody else has more than 1. I've wondered if I'm going to have to tweak it a little but will wait a few more games before deciding. As a comparison Pujols already has 5 HR's and I believe St Louis has played 5 games but then Edmonds only has 1 and Rolen 2.

I may go to controling the runners when I have just one on base and let the AI do it with multiples. It's just so many times I'll either want to advance only the lead runner and get the back one thrown out or only want to stop the rear runner and send him back to first and end up sending the runner that was going to score easily from second back to third. lol

I'm on veteran as well. It's the perfect level for my hitting non-expertise.

I use the guess pitch feature as well, but I'm thinking about turning the strikezone and hot/cold zones off and I've heard it allows you to hear the correct pitch guess, but does not show the red circle of where the ball is going on a correct location guess.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:05 PM   #111
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Why did you guys abandon rookie hitting - too many singles? I haven't played in days due to a hectic schedule - man, I miss playing!
how do you know?

Old 03-08-2006, 12:23 AM   #112
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Sweed,

Sheesh. Hearing about player specific fielding really makes me want this game..
Old 03-08-2006, 12:54 AM   #113
21C
College Prospect

You want this game? It's worse for me since this isn't available in Australia and importing it won't work because of the different zone we're in.
21C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:14 AM   #114
Izulde
Head Coach

I've been playing all night long. My pitcher is doing damn good for an 18 year old pitching for AAA Charlotte... He's by and large a power pitcher that relies on his 4 seam fastball, though his sinker isn't too bad and he's working on developing his splitter as well.

I was finally settling into a groove and building up my endurance to where I was getting good outings for the most part, when I got taken out of a game because of injury.

My worst fears were realized when I went to Advance:

You have sustained an injury: Dislocated Shoulder
Due to the severity of the injury you have been placed on the 60 day DL

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:20 AM   #115
Izulde
Head Coach

dola,

I'm out 2-3 months

Old 03-08-2006, 04:31 AM   #116
Icy
Pro Starter

Izulde, how good is the "ITP like" part? can you just manage your player in the games and watch the computer manage your team mates? do you deal with sponsors, agent etc? are you promoted/demoted from/to the minors?

I liked the Madden superstar or whatever it was named idea, but i lost all my interest when i saw that i had also to manage the deep charts and also to play all the other players and not only when my guy was on the field. I want to be one person not a whole team.

Last edited by Icy : 03-08-2006 at 04:32 AM.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:34 AM   #117
Izulde
Head Coach

It gets worse... my first appearance back they made me the fucking closer... and I blew the save.

Old 03-08-2006, 04:37 AM   #118
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
Izulde, how good is the "ITP like" part? can you just manage your player in the games and watch the computer manage your team mates? do you deal with sponsors, agent etc? are you promoted/demoted from/to the minors?

I liked the Madden superstar or whatever it was named idea, but i lost all my interest when i saw that i had also to manage the deep charts and also to play all the other players and not only when my guy was on the field. I want to be one person not a whole team.

To me it's what ITP should have been. You can just advance to your player's next appearance or AB. Occasionally the game will advance you to an AB or inning that you're not pitching, but it's pretty obvious to tell when that happens, and then you just go to Advance to Next AB or Appearance.

You can argue for promotion level or for lineup/rotation spot, but I haven't tried those out yet, as I'm fine being the #2 starter. It appears they've made me closer though, and if they have I'm going to bitch to my manager.

You don't control the team at all when you're in Career Mode; the CPU handles all of that.

I really like it quite a lot.

Oh, turn fielding assist and throwing on to automatic, or you will have to control everyone in the field. That's the only knock on it thus far.

Old 03-08-2006, 05:02 AM   #119
Izulde
Head Coach

dola,

I have to add, after thinking on more, when I was a position player, it wasn't nearly as much fun as it was being a pitcher.

The Career Mode for a pitcher in this game is brilliant.

For a hitter, thus far it's been meh.

Old 03-08-2006, 05:07 AM   #120
Icy
Pro Starter

Ok thanks a lot Izulde, that comment "To me it's what ITP should have been" was what i wanted to read. I just emailed one online shop that sells consoles with the mod included to play import games. Also do you guys know any online shop to purchase this game that ships to Europe? (or even better if it's an european shop) else maybe i'll need any of you to do me the big favour of purchasing it and shipping it to me. I'll beg you all if needed

Edited: I guess the game is not available for XBOX right?

Last edited by Icy : 03-08-2006 at 05:08 AM.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:37 AM   #121
FBPro
College Starter

PS2/PSP only.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:34 AM   #122
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Damn I can't wait until this weekend so I can play some more games, I've been on call all week = no time to play.

The only gripe I've had thus far is it's hard to tell if the CPU OF is going to catch a long pop fly.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:24 PM   #123
Izulde
Head Coach

Thanks to another injury, I missed the AAA playoffs

My contract ran out as I was on a one-year deal.

Four offers this offseason:
White Sox: 3 years for 111k total
Yankees: 2 years for 88k total
Mariners: 1 year for 30k (What the White Sox offered me last year)
Cubs: 2 years for 82k total

Hahahaha! Yeah right like I'm going to play for the Flubbies.

The White Sox are my favourite team, but that shorter contract and more money from the Yankees sure looks tempting... what to do, what to do.

Old 03-08-2006, 03:49 PM   #124
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde
Thanks to another injury, I missed the AAA playoffs

My contract ran out as I was on a one-year deal.

Four offers this offseason:
White Sox: 3 years for 111k total
Yankees: 2 years for 88k total
Mariners: 1 year for 30k (What the White Sox offered me last year)
Cubs: 2 years for 82k total

Hahahaha! Yeah right like I'm going to play for the Flubbies.

The White Sox are my favourite team, but that shorter contract and more money from the Yankees sure looks tempting... what to do, what to do.

Wow, so you actually get to play in the minors too? Thats pretty neat.

Edit: Wow, I need to learn to read the thread before asking stupid questions.

Last edited by Philliesfan980 : 03-08-2006 at 06:04 PM.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:57 PM   #125
SegRat
High School Varsity

Damn you Izulde, you just made me spend money I wasnt planning on spending.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:34 PM   #126
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

This game just might be the greatest all around baseball experience I've ever had the joy to play.

I'm 1-2 on the season and heading into Chicago for the Cubs home opener. The Cubs start the home hero, Kerry Wood. I counter with Jeff Suppan who I have major confidence pitching in Chicago.

The game just feels like a rivarly game, the atmostphere is great... the fans spout various sayings, which really add to the experience.

Kerry's throwing gas and strikes out Eckstein. Encarnation is enjoying the 2nd spot and hits a mistake slider into the gap for a double. Edmonds strikes out, but Pujols battles and hits a 3-2 pitch through SS and 2B for a single and a 1-0 lead. Bottom of the 1st and the Cubbies battle back to tie the game 1-1. Suppan is hitting his spots though. The game stays 1-1 until the 5th inning and I take the lead 5-1 on some key hits. Wood has 7 K's, but in the top of the 6th, Edmonds hits a 2 run bomb and the Cardinals are now leading 7-1. The announcer said something like, "The Cardinals are adding insult to injury as Edmonds tees off on a Kerry Wood fastball." Our bullpen is a bit shaky, but we manage a 7-2 victory and the first game of the series. Up next Ponson makes his Cardinal debut vs Maddux. Can't wait until tomorrow.

The line score was:
STL 7 15 0
CHI 2 10 1

I'm also on veteran using guess pitch and the only slider I use is the pitch count maxed out.

Sometimes games are not measured in longevity, but how fun just one game can be. This game catches the whole baseball game experience like no other. MVP is a fun game, but it's nowhere close in presentation, announcing, or atmostphere. Pitching is fun, hitting is fun, playing the field.. although a jorney.. is fun, and for the first time I really like controlling my runners.

Great game, kudos to SCEA and the MLB Team.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 03-08-2006 at 09:37 PM.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:36 PM   #127
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
This game just might be the greatest all around baseball experience I've ever had the joy to play.

I'm 1-2 on the season and heading into Chicago for the Cubs home opener. The Cubs start the home hero, Kerry Wood. I counter with Jeff Suppan who I have major confidence pitching in Chicago.

The game just feels like a rivarly game, the atmostphere is great... the fans spout various sayings, which really add to the experience.

Kerry's throwing gas and strikes out Eckstein. Encarnation is enjoying the 2nd spot and hits a mistake slider into the gap for a double. Edmonds strikes out, but Pujols battles and hits a 3-2 pitch through SS and 2B for a single and a 1-0 lead. Bottom of the 1st and the Cubbies battle back to tie the game 1-1. Suppan is hitting his spots though. The game stays 1-1 until the 5th inning and I take the lead 5-1 on some key hits. Wood has 7 K's, but in the top of the 6th, Edmonds hits a 2 run bomb and the Cardinals are now leading 7-1. The announcer said something like, "The Cardinals are adding insult to injury as Edmonds tees off on a Kerry Wood fastball." Our bullpen is a bit shaky, but we manage a 7-2 victory and the first game of the series. Up next Ponson makes his Cardinal debut vs Maddux. Can't wait until tomorrow.

The line score was:
STL 7 15 0
CHI 2 10 1

I'm also on veteran using guess pitch and the only slider I use is the pitch count maxed out.

Great game, kudos to SCEA and the MLB Team.

Glad your having a good time! Between the Season Mode and create a player, I might have to get this after all! Is bullpen fatigue handled well?
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:37 PM   #128
SackAttack
Head Coach

I haven't found the sliders yet. I do, however, have a few problems with the game so far.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:40 PM   #129
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
I haven't found the sliders yet. I do, however, have a few problems with the game so far.

Do tell. I know some say there is a glitch where the ball goes thorough the fielder, but I've only seen that happen once in 10+ games. I also don't like all the caught pop flies in the OF with the players back to the ball. Other than a few things like that, the game has been solid.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:49 PM   #130
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Do tell. I know some say there is a glitch where the ball goes thorough the fielder, but I've only seen that happen once in 10+ games. I also don't like all the caught pop flies in the OF with the players back to the ball. Other than a few things like that, the game has been solid.

I had a ball bounce through Nomar's chest. Baserunners seem a little fast, as I saw three triples in one game in Vero Beach.

Just a couple others to add to what I talked about with you in IM.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:57 PM   #131
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Todd - what does maxing out the "pitch count" slider do? I couldn't find any official reference to it.

Are you hitting less singles at the veteran skill level? I'm finding that pitching is still a challenge in rookie, but I hit way too many singles. The majority of my guys are batting over .300 because of that.
how do you know?

Old 03-09-2006, 05:22 AM   #132
SegRat
High School Varsity

I picked up the PSP version and I must say that I am very very impressed.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:03 PM   #133
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Todd - what does maxing out the "pitch count" slider do? I couldn't find any official reference to it.

Are you hitting less singles at the veteran skill level? I'm finding that pitching is still a challenge in rookie, but I hit way too many singles. The majority of my guys are batting over .300 because of that.

It does many things, makes you and the cpu not pitch so accurately.. meaning more pitches miss their mark, increases foul balls, and basicall allows for higher pitch counts. A developer for the game talked about it over at OS and said he plays with it at the maxed setting.

Less singles? Yes, more than rookie level.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:18 PM   #134
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde
dola,

I have to add, after thinking on more, when I was a position player, it wasn't nearly as much fun as it was being a pitcher.

The Career Mode for a pitcher in this game is brilliant.

For a hitter, thus far it's been meh.

What did you find lacking for the position player career mode?

I generally don't buy baseball console games, but I love the idea of ITP and if this takes that concept to a new level I'll probably pick it up. Also, if anyone can go into more detail about this aspect of the game, I would appreciate it.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:03 PM   #135
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I upped my skill level to veteran, but I'm still banging out too many hits. 16 vs. the Red Sox and Schilling, in a 6-5 victory. Kinda getting annoying as scoring has been rather good (about 4.8 runs per game), but my team as a whole is batting well over .300.
how do you know?

Old 03-09-2006, 03:37 PM   #136
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Up it to AS or turn off guess pitching and increase the pitch speed slider all the way up. Veteran is still timing based and All star will take you into "zone" hitting... I'm about to go there myself soon as I don't want to turn off the guess pitch feature.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 03-09-2006 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:57 PM   #137
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

I just keep seeing things in "The Show" that make me smile. Today Cubs-Cards
Hairston playing LF for my Cubs with Edmonds on 2nd, 1 out. Encarnacion (sp) smokes a ball to left Hairston turns his back to the field and takes off after it and pulls it in going into the ivy. I quickly throw to third thinking that Edmonds might try to tag up from 2nd. As the ball is getting to Ramirez I see
that Edmonds had rounded third and was now trying to retrace his steps to get back to 2nd. A simple throw from Aramis doubles him off by 50 feet

I don't remember ever seeing that in a console game before, very cool.

I think I'm at about the same place as MissouRah and moving up to AS. I believe that before too long the hitting at veteran will become too easy (though I'm not quite there yet).

My son will be home from college this week which should be fun. I know he'll love the game. First he'll try veteran level because that's where old Dad is at. After about a game, or two at the most, he'll be telling me how lame I am
becase hitting on vet is just way too easy. Oh to be young again and have those quick reflexes
Old 03-09-2006, 03:59 PM   #138
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

i bought this game last night. Am I correct in thinking that the only difficulty level where you just swing and hit the ball without having to guess location and type of pitch is on rookie level?
Old 03-09-2006, 04:54 PM   #139
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

The Mets cut me in the middle of a 5 year 100 million contract for complaining too much after they got rid of all their hitters, but in the offseason they came back and offered me a 4 year 80mil contract.

I signed with the A's 3 years for 60 mil with a player option in the last season of the contract instead.
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 05:19 PM   #140
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards
i bought this game last night. Am I correct in thinking that the only difficulty level where you just swing and hit the ball without having to guess location and type of pitch is on rookie level?

No, that's not true. You don't have to guess on any level that you play at. If you just want to watch the pitch and swing you can. The guess of location and pitch only enhance or decrease your ability to hit the ball depending on if you are right or not.

So, guess right , for lack of a better word, you get a bonus.
Guess wrong, again for lack of a better word, you get a penalty.
No guess, no bonus-no penalty.

At least that is my understanding.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:59 PM   #141
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF
For the PSP owners out there, I picked this one up for it. (I'm going to wait and get MLB2K6 for the 360 for my console baseball title)

Quick impressions after playing a few games:

1) I really wish there were a fantasy draft feature in there. Really sucks that there isn't.

2) Game plays great. As usual, with a console type title the walks are poor on both sides, but that's the way it goes.

3) Love the commentary.

4) Load times are great. I'm very happy with them.

5) The graphics are impressive. Nice stadiums, ball physics, animations and shadow effects.

6) WAY too many wild pitches/passed balls. For the love of God, I don't care how badly I pitch the ball, every pitcher shouldn't seem like a knuckleballer. I'm going to need to play with some settings there.

Anyway, solid game. I'll have some fun with this one.

Now back to the PS2 discussion
Good to know. I was going to post and ask if anybody had the PSP version. I'm seriously contemplating this one and WE9 for my PSP...

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 06:36 PM   #142
SegRat
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin
Good to know. I was going to post and ask if anybody had the PSP version. I'm seriously contemplating this one and WE9 for my PSP...

/tk

MLB The show is a must buy for the PSP IMO.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:42 PM   #143
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards

Nope, veteran is like that as well.. at least as far as just swinging without bat placement. All star has 4 hitting zones and HOF has 9.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:44 PM   #144
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I already turned off guess pitching, as I prefer to just swing away.

I'm trying to find a balance here. I don't want the pitcher to pitch too fast - I'm really whiffing a lot on off-speed pitches as it is. But, if I sit on the fastball, I can usually drive it for a hit somewhere. I'd love to find a way to just cut down on my singles - would be nice if my batters swung and missed occasionally.

All in all, it's still an unbelieveable game, despite my good hitting
how do you know?

Old 03-09-2006, 08:54 PM   #145
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I played my last game on veteran, pitch count slider on max and CPU pitch speed on max.

Lost 5-4 to the Cubs in a thrilling game. They had 10 hits and I had 13.. I also had 2 errors.

I'm happy with the hitting as long as I can see a pitchers duel against a really good pitcher. Maddux hit his spots and I think it's realistic to see him scatter hits like he does. Edmonds hit his 2nd bomb in as many games and I came back from a 4-1 deficit to tie the game at 4 in the top of the 8th. The AI does a pretty good job of pinch running and pinch hitting as Todd Walker crushed a double which sent the speedy pinch runner home. (forgot who that was) I hit a deep fly with a man on first to seal the deal for the Cubbies.

Next game is the rubber game of the series as Carpenter tries to even up his record at 1-1 vs the lefty Glendon Rusch.

I LOVE the play of the day, reminds me of NFL 2k5.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:34 PM   #146
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

dola,

Just had a very intense game against the Cubs and escaped with a 3-2 W and a trip home to face the Brewers in the home opener.

Rusch was very good as was Carpenter and his 97mph fastball. Rameriz hit a solo shot in the first to take the early lead, but Eckstein would add a solo shot in the third and Encarnation would follow in the 6th to take a 2-1 lead. Chicago added one in the bottom of the 8th on a Pierre double and a Lee single. Top of the 9th I scrape a run as Rolen singles home Eckstein. Izzy closes the game out and I go home happy to take 2 of 3 from the Cubs. There were some scary pitching moments as the Cubs had the bases loaded in the 7th.. I was lucky to get a ground out as the error zone of the pitching meter was huge.

Here's the line

STL 3 11 1
CHI 2 8 1

Carpenter had 11 K's and Rusch K'd me 5 times. With the pitch speed slider on max, fastball pitchers are harder to hit. If the game is any indication, the Cubs have a great OF in terms of defense. Some of the catches they made were quite nice.

Tomorrow I get to play in our new stadium, my first season game in this beautiful stadium. Nobody wants out of the lineup tomorrow and Mulder is pleased to be the starter in the home opener. I think I'll reward Taguchi who's been seeing the ball quite well.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 03-09-2006 at 10:35 PM.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:39 PM   #147
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
dola,

Just had a very intense game against the Cubs and escaped with a 3-2 W and a trip home to face the Brewers in the home opener.

Rusch was very good as was Carpenter and his 97mph fastball. Rameriz hit a solo shot in the first to take the early lead, but Eckstein would add a solo shot in the third and Encarnation would follow in the 6th to take a 2-1 lead. Chicago added one in the bottom of the 8th on a Pierre double and a Lee single. Top of the 9th I scrape a run as Rolen singles home Eckstein. Izzy closes the game out and I go home happy to take 2 of 3 from the Cubs. There were some scary pitching moments as the Cubs had the bases loaded in the 7th.. I was lucky to get a ground out as the error zone of the pitching meter was huge.

Here's the line

STL 3 11 1
CHI 2 8 1

Carpenter had 11 K's and Rusch K'd me 5 times. With the pitch speed slider on max, fastball pitchers are harder to hit. If the game is any indication, the Cubs have a great OF in terms of defense. Some of the catches they made were quite nice.

Tomorrow I get to play in our new stadium, my first season game in this beautiful stadium. Nobody wants out of the lineup tomorrow and Mulder is pleased to be the starter in the home opener. I think I'll reward Taguchi who's been seeing the ball quite well.

Mulder is really telling you that he is pleased to be starting tomorrow? Man, I'm only getting a max of one more game in the next month and it is a tough toss-up between this and the new college hoops on the Xbox360.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:28 AM   #148
dervack
College Prospect

I might end up getting a PS2 for this and MVP College baseball. Damn you guys.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:49 AM   #149
Emiliano
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
Ok thanks a lot Izulde, that comment "To me it's what ITP should have been" was what i wanted to read. I just emailed one online shop that sells consoles with the mod included to play import games. Also do you guys know any online shop to purchase this game that ships to Europe? (or even better if it's an european shop) else maybe i'll need any of you to do me the big favour of purchasing it and shipping it to me. I'll beg you all if needed

Edited: I guess the game is not available for XBOX right?
Hey buddy, I can't find you on ICQ/AIM right now, so I'll just post here.

Tronix is where I always get the US Xbox games not available in Europe (NCAA series, Madden on US release...). They're "specialized" in international orders. I STRONGLY recommend it. I've bought more than 10 games from them. As you can see, they have this MLB game at 39.95$. I also suggest you to choose the FedEx shipping (15$): 2 days and you got the game in your hand, totally worth it.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:32 AM   #150
SegRat
High School Varsity

Well I got a 1 year deal from the Brewers to pitch and sent to 1AA. My first at bat I hit deep to center field. The center fielder comes under the ball but drops it. Guy on third base runs in for the game winning run.

This game rocks.