Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-04-2006, 08:40 AM   #101
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd View Post
I agree, see post #80. Probably will learn enough for Sylar to kill her. She is like a redshirt.

I have to remember to take you off my ignore list.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:45 AM   #102
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
This kind of stuff drives me crazy...

For me it was the other cheerleader that took claim for rescueing the guy from the fire.. I checked IMDB and she's not listed in the episode 2 cast.. anyone have any idea what her name is or what else she has been in? It drives me crazy when I can't figure it out...

her, by chance?
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1642290/

she played a character named Jackie in ep 2.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:51 AM   #103
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
her, by chance?
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1642290/

she played a character named Jackie in ep 2.

a-ha, yes... Know her from that stupid Summerland show.. couldn't figure it out because of the different hair color..

Thanks!

Edit: How did you figure this out? Because IMDB doesn't have it listed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...

Last edited by wade moore : 10-04-2006 at 08:51 AM.
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:57 AM   #104
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
a-ha, yes... Know her from that stupid Summerland show.. couldn't figure it out because of the different hair color..

Thanks!

It's probably in the end credits of the show.

And I hope the neighbour girl doesn't get killed off. I don't know, but I really like her.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:58 AM   #105
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:

Thanks!

I have my sources.
(tv.com is a good source for credits on individual shows, especially the one or two line people)
Old 10-04-2006, 09:01 AM   #106
Izulde
Head Coach

dola,

if the father doesn't have any evil in him, then wtf was he watching that tape of his daughter and not saying anything about it?

Furthermore:

1) He was in India, got creepy with the Indian in the cab in New York as others have pointed out, but lives in Texas.

2) There's a constant insuiation that he knows more than he's letting on.

So put all three together and the following conclusions are drawn:

A) He's a villian of some sort

B) If not a villian, then he's very heavily involved and invested in either having knowledge of the professor's project or trying to find it out, acting as an agent for some type of higher power, such as a gov't agency as been suggested. In this instance, I still don't necessarily count him as a good guy.

By the way, favourite quote from Episode 2:

"She's dressed too nicely for FBI."

Old 10-04-2006, 09:02 AM   #107
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

I had a similar issue with the Friday night lights tv show last night. I knew I had seen that backup Qb somewhere on TV (Sarazen). Thank god IMDB answered my question, he was on Law and Order: SVU as the Lacrosse captain who raped some little girl and the teacher/neighbor was blamed.

Sorry to derail the actual thread, carry on, and as DD said, put me back on ignore.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:06 AM   #108
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
if the father doesn't have any evil in him, then wtf was he watching that tape of his daughter and not saying anything about it?
He knows his daughter has some powers and hopes maybe she can lead her to the villain? As some sort of Gov't agent, I assume he doesn't want to tell his daughter "hey since you got the nifty power and all, can you lead me to the evil guy, now lets go take a bath together...mmmkay?"

Quote:
1) He was in India, got creepy with the Indian in the cab in New York as others have pointed out, but lives in Texas.
So he travels alot being a government agent. Not uncommon.

Quote:
2) There's a constant insuiation that he knows more than he's letting on.
That means he is evil? I don't understand.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:08 AM   #109
TroyF
Coordinator

Just some of my thoughts from reading the discussion:

1) I'm not sure if the flying guy has rogue powers simply because he drew that image. Remember, he was having dreams about flying in the first episode, long before he met the artist. He may have some form of predictive abilities himself.

2) I think the dad is an evil character. I agree he isn't THE evil character, but I don't think he's up to any good.

3) I can't quite figure the strippers character out. Multiple personalities like some have suggested? I dunno.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:08 AM   #110
wade moore
lolzcat

Izulde is an example of the reason they stilla lways do the "he's a bad guy, oh wait, no he's not!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:09 AM   #111
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I think the cheerleader dad is semi-evil, but not THE bad guy. He's more of like a government agent trying to put a lid on all these heroes. But Sylar is probably someone we haven't met yet.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:09 AM   #112
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:

Sorry to derail the actual thread, carry on, and as DD said, put me back on ignore.

Old 10-04-2006, 09:12 AM   #113
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

I am awaiting the introduction of a character with a completely useless superpower.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:13 AM   #114
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am awaiting the introduction of a character with a completely useless superpower.

Hello! I'm 10 hour erection man!
Old 10-04-2006, 09:15 AM   #115
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Sylar is not even mentioned anywhere on IMDB. So that leads me to believe that the writers won't include his face, body, etc in any upcoming episodes as no one has been cast. He will continue to be just a voice. I think he is Captain Lou Albano or Father Guido Sarducci.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:24 AM   #116
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
He knows his daughter has some powers and hopes maybe she can lead her to the villain? As some sort of Gov't agent, I assume he doesn't want to tell his daughter "hey since you got the nifty power and all, can you lead me to the evil guy, now lets go take a bath together...mmmkay?"

He still knows something. If he was perfectly innocent, he'd want to know what's going on.

Quote:
So he travels alot being a government agent. Not uncommon.

Sure, but like I said, even as a gov't agent, I still consider him to be an evil type.

Quote:
That means he is evil? I don't understand.

More like in combination with everything else, he strikes me as being an evil type. The main baddie, no. Like I said before, I don't think we've seen Sylar yet.

Old 10-04-2006, 09:26 AM   #117
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post

3) I can't quite figure the strippers character out. Multiple personalities like some have suggested? I dunno.

I'm leaning towards the Jekyll and Hyde theory previously mentioned.

Although, extreme physical strength was needed to kill those guys and some stealth was needed to steal that car...

So maybe there *are* multiple personalities beyond just the straight Jekyll/Hude thing.

Old 10-04-2006, 10:01 AM   #118
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW View Post
dola

There's also an appearance of a symbol (DNA-ish) in a few shots (pic borrowed from another forum)

I guess it is this show's Lost numbers.
Awesome! I noticed all of them but the pool. I wonder what it means
Old 10-04-2006, 10:15 AM   #119
KevinNU7
College Starter

Ok here are my thoughts taken posted on another board yesterday. I'm glad to see the discussion liven up over here.

I think they are doing a pretty solid job so far with the show. I really was clueless on Hiro moving to the future until his friend said he was misisng for 5 weeks. Took me until he was back in the Japanese subway before I realized he can teleport AND move to different time periods (At first I just thought his teleportation took a really long time).

{{{One this other message board people were complaining about the comic book in the story}}}
Alot of people are hating on the comic book but I am not sure why. Maybe it was because they hadn't watched the entire 2nd episode before they posted. Seems to fit in nicely to me. The artist was plagued by his drawing on the nuclear eplosion and knew that the city would some day be hit. He started drawing this cartoon and realized that he need to get it published so that the person would find it and come to him. He must have assumed he would be vital to helping stop the attack.

So patient 0 seems to be the one behind the demeloning of the artist since that guy in the house was found the same way. Now the question is, is he the cheerleader's father or someone else entirely? I think I am leaning towards someone else entirely. In fact I think that over time we will learn that the cheerleader's dad is actually a "good guy" and does what he does in search of patient 0.

In fact who to say the the cheerleader's dad is behind the death of Indian guy's father, I'd say patient 0 seems more likely. Maybe the cheerleader's dad is just waiting for patient 0 to get in touch with Indian guy and that is why he is following him.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:51 AM   #120
jbmagic
Pro Starter

I read before , some of the super hereos will turn out to be evil. And use their powers in a bad way.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:55 AM   #121
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

people from Texas are evil, anyway.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:07 AM   #122
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7 View Post
In fact I think that over time we will learn that the cheerleader's dad is actually a "good guy" and does what he does in search of patient 0.
My thoughts exactly.

Quote:
In fact who to say the the cheerleader's dad is behind the death of Indian guy's father, I'd say patient 0 seems more likely. Maybe the cheerleader's dad is just waiting for patient 0 to get in touch with Indian guy and that is why he is following him.
I think the writers want you to believe patient 0 is Sylar. And I think the Cheerleaders father is probably using his daughter as bait to get some answers into the superhero's world.

I heard that we are introduced to a criminal in jail later who has the power of "phasing". Not sure what that power is. I think to keep this series going, they will have to have some villains and not just Sylar. Like there should be a bunch of them around that are evil. Sort of borrowing from Stephen Kings The Stand I guess.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:33 AM   #123
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:

I thought that was Ali Larter's character?
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:35 AM   #124
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

don't underestimate the power of Triangle Man.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:38 AM   #125
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
My thoughts exactly.

I think the writers want you to believe patient 0 is Sylar. And I think the Cheerleaders father is probably using his daughter as bait to get some answers into the superhero's world.

I heard that we are introduced to a criminal in jail later who has the power of "phasing". Not sure what that power is. I think to keep this series going, they will have to have some villains and not just Sylar. Like there should be a bunch of them around that are evil. Sort of borrowing from Stephen Kings The Stand I guess.

"Phasing" means moving from one location to another within the same vicinity, I believe.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:38 AM   #126
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
"Phasing" means moving from one location to another within the same vicinity, I believe.

Nightcrawler is what I was thinking.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:42 AM   #127
gkb
High School Varsity

Lots of good theories and ideas here. I think episode 2 rules out the "Hulk" theory for the stripper. Her other personality seems quite productive and capable...cleaning up the garage, getting the bodies into the trunk of the new car, etc.

Is it possible that the little girl the cop saved is the cheerleader or the stripper? Or is it possible that the little girl becomes the cheerleader who becomes the stripper? Nah, that's probably too far-fetched.

I think the theory of the brother who's a nurse having rogue like abilities is really interesting. The picture he drew does indeed seem to be of the later scene with his brother on the roof. If he does have rogue like abilities I want to see what happens when he gets close to the stripper...take that whatever way you like.

I'm enjoying the show. I've heard some complaints about the dialogue, but none of it has jumped out at me as being really, really bad. I think the show is solid and quite entertaining so far.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:47 AM   #128
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post

So like Short Range Teleportation? The person needs to see where they are going, they can't just envision it and be there.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:11 PM   #129
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkb View Post
Lots of good theories and ideas here. I think episode 2 rules out the "Hulk" theory for the stripper. Her other personality seems quite productive and capable...cleaning up the garage, getting the bodies into the trunk of the new car, etc.

Is it possible that the little girl the cop saved is the cheerleader or the stripper? Or is it possible that the little girl becomes the cheerleader who becomes the stripper? Nah, that's probably too far-fetched.

I think the theory of the brother who's a nurse having rogue like abilities is really interesting. The picture he drew does indeed seem to be of the later scene with his brother on the roof. If he does have rogue like abilities I want to see what happens when he gets close to the stripper...take that whatever way you like.

I'm enjoying the show. I've heard some complaints about the dialogue, but none of it has jumped out at me as being really, really bad. I think the show is solid and quite entertaining so far.

How did he have visions of jumping off the roof with his brother in the alley? Those all occured before he knew the artist.

I think one of the cool things about the show is watching them not only learn their abilities, but test them to see what they can do.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:19 PM   #130
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post

I was going to say "like Nightcrawler" but couldn't think of his name.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:57 PM   #131
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I really enjoy the show and actually was suprised my wife watched both with me so far too and she seems to enjoy it as well.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:59 PM   #132
chris3627
n00b

It seems obvious that the father is involved somehow. I think he was involved with the professor in the beginning of the project. He knows that this girl was in the project, has these powers, and he managed to adopt her? What better way to keep track of her. Whether he's a good or bad guy? That I don't know.

Extra long fingernail guy would be my useless superpower.
chris3627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:06 PM   #133
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic View Post
I read before , some of the super hereos will turn out to be evil. And use their powers in a bad way.

which gives credit to the notion that the politician brother will turn evil.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:17 PM   #134
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

My power would be able to turn stuff into corkboard, but not living things. Like if you give me a plate...poooofff....its corkboard. The most destructive, useless material except for maybe when using darts and thumbtacks.

Last edited by gottimd : 10-04-2006 at 01:33 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:27 PM   #135
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

my power would be to make elevators slow down anytime someone presses the up/down button. seriously, who fucking thinks that will speed up the elevator?
Old 10-04-2006, 01:46 PM   #136
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

In traditional comic book parlance "phasing" typically means the ability to go completely or partially non-corpreal. Kitty Pryde "phases" through things. Nightcrawler teleports.

Here endeth the lesson.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:46 PM   #137
revrew
Team Chaplain

Just saw the second show on NBC.com's rewind. My attitude about the show is quickly changing.

Now, there is still some seriously insipid dialogue: between the prof and the redshirt girl, between cheerleader and daddy, etc There are also some really bad/annoying characters -- cheerleader #2, flyboy's mother, etc. We switched out sex for gore in episode two. I wonder what we'll have in episode 3? Probably two kids smoking in a basement playing with tarot cards. Maybe somebody humps a cow. Who knows. But, that said...

The main characters are becoming more and more compelling, and the plot definitely drives a good cliffhanger. I'll likely tune into rewind again to see episode 3. Thanks to whoever posted that link.
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:48 PM   #138
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:

Jeez...phasing is what Kitty Pryde can do. Move through solid objects, turn into a ghost, etc. I'm surprised someone else didn't say this.

It's far different from teleporting. Some heroes are limited by not being able to phase through organic objects (like humans) but can phase through inanimate objects (like walls). Not only can you walk through stuff, but if bullets are fired at you, they can pass right through.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:51 PM   #139
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Today 02:46 PM

In traditional comic book parlance "phasing" typically means the ability to go completely or partially non-corpreal. Kitty Pryde "phases" through things. Nightcrawler teleports.

Here endeth the lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Today 02:48 PM

Jeez...phasing is what Kitty Pryde can do. Move through solid objects, turn into a ghost, etc. I'm surprised someone else didn't say this.

Someone did, my fellow zombie-loving, comic book reading geek.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 10-04-2006 at 01:52 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:07 PM   #140
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

So what exact powers does Kitty Pryde have? I just need to hear it for the 389th time before it phases in.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:12 PM   #141
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post

It's far different from teleporting. Some heroes are limited by not being able to phase through organic objects (like humans) but can phase through inanimate objects (like walls). Not only can you walk through stuff, but if bullets are fired at you, they can pass right through.

Ah, yes.. sorry.. My memory is terribly on that. I was actually thinking that Nightcrawler does indeed phase. Or, at least, I was sort of thinking that.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:38 PM   #142
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

This thread has exploded in the last day or so. Just watched it late last night. Just reading to catching up with it now, but it's now one of my favorite shows. My wife also likes it.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 02:50 PM   #143
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I think the origin of the cheerleader is interesting too. Who were her parents? I agree with those who think her dad is evil. I wonder how long has he been evil? Did he take her from her parents?

Also, for the stripper, I'm thinking that her reflection is a manifestation of her subconscious and she has some sort of alter personality buried in her subconscious with superhuman strengh in her altered ego. At first, I thought her reflection was actually alive and able to come out of the mirror, but my wife pointed out that no one else seems to see her reflection doing odd things, so now I'm going with the split personality.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 02:56 PM   #144
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I think the origin of the cheerleader is interesting too. Who were her parents? I agree with those who think her dad is evil. I wonder how long has he been evil? Did he take her from her parents?

This is a good idea. If he took her from them, that could be a reason why he didn't want her to meet them.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 03:49 PM   #145
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkb View Post
Is it possible that the little girl the cop saved is the cheerleader...
This would be awesome! And I was going to post how is wasn't possible because the scenes with the cops didn't look 70s enough. But I realized that it is 2006 and the cheerleader is probably only 15/16 so in theory the cop scenes could be from the early 90s.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:57 PM   #146
Celeval
Pro Starter

The key point, I think, about the nurse and the politician is the conversation the nurse had with his mom - around knowing his brother was in an accident when it happened, as opposed to when they heard. I dont' think he's necessarily a Rogue-type, but maybe just with his brother - empathic connection (hence the dreams around flight, since his brother can fly), and picking up some of what his brother can do when nearby (since he's only flown near him).
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 06:16 PM   #147
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Since the brother with the dreams didn't physically touch his brother in order to fly, I would say that he's more of a Mimic-type character or he has powers like the Super-Adaptoid.

I didn't see X-Men 3, but I heard that Leech was in the movie. Mimic was the complete opposite of Leech. On a totally side note, I liked Artie in the comic books...is Artie in X-Men 3?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:05 PM   #148
Celeval
Pro Starter

Hmmm.... or, the politician can not just fly himself but also do a bit of levitation, and lifted his brother to let him think it was both of them. We didn't see the nurse fly the "first" time, just saw him drop, and all we have to believe he did is the politician's say-so. He was pretty adament that it was both of them, after denying it in himself for so long.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:58 PM   #149
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Hello! I'm 10 hour erection man!

Useless? I think not! Trust me, I know.

I am really emjoying the show so far.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 06:45 AM   #150
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I finally caught the second episode this morning. I liked it. The story and characters are interesting enough and the fact that it involves superheroes has me hooked.

I thought some of the dialogue was pretty bad, especially between the Indian guy and the neighbor girl. The neighbor girl (good or bad) sucks. She's a crappy actress, seems to be a lame character, and has horrible dialogue. The Indian guy's dialogue isn't much better, but at least he's a better actor. I guess they are sort of the "exposition" aspect of the show, but everything they did was lame.

I really like the cop and all of the rest of the characters as well.

I don't think the cheerleader's "dad" is Sylar. I think, like many suspect, he's part of an X-Filesesque government conspiracy/organization looking into the "supers". Sylar could very well be her real dad, however. I like the "FBI" women. The rest of the show was solid enough.