Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-09-2005, 04:40 PM   #101
Kodos
Resident Alien

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
i love the new fair play option

makes you limited when to go for it on 4th down, no huddles, fake punt, fake fg, etc

so no cheesing.

makes for a straight up game.

This is also not a NEW option.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 04:48 PM   #102
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
This is also not a NEW option.

cool

first time with the xbox console.

always use to get the pc version. so that fair play option was taken out on the pc on previous versions
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 04:51 PM   #103
Anthony
Banned

before anyone posts regarding "wow, look at this new feature", just keep this in mind, the only things new in the game are pretty much:

1. rosters
2. superstar mode
3. vision cone

so before you post "wow, if i hit this button my RB will juke", just assume it's been in the game already.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 05:23 PM   #104
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

If you hit cirlce your player does this kind of tornado thing, it works quite well destroying everyone in his path.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 05:27 PM   #105
Kodos
Resident Alien

OMG! There are no longer passing windows. Now you can see the whole field!

Old 08-09-2005, 05:51 PM   #106
korme
Go Reds

I did superstar mode where my Dad was a dentist and my mom was like a housewife or something. I ended up being 65 OVR. jhaha
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 05:52 PM   #107
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999
If you hit cirlce your player does this kind of tornado thing, it works quite well destroying everyone in his path.

Hahahahaa
Old 08-09-2005, 06:33 PM   #108
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
before anyone posts regarding "wow, look at this new feature", just keep this in mind, the only things new in the game are pretty much:

1. rosters
2. superstar mode
3. vision cone

so before you post "wow, if i hit this button my RB will juke", just assume it's been in the game already.

i think some guys that move from pc to console version will say that.

now that i am playing the console version, i can see its true they take out alot of featuers for the pc.

a long time pc version guy here.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:47 PM   #109
Anthony
Banned

hoooooold up a sec there...you're being serious when you say there wasn't a juke in the PC version? that's like saying they left out interceptions in the PC version.

tell me you're kidding.

why don't you list all the things you see in the XBox version that weren't in the PC version. i thought the PC version was cool cuz you could do screen shots of your created teams with uniforms that you imported to your hard drive.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 07:27 PM   #110
Airhog
Captain Obvious

if you have a circuit city in your area, you might be able to go over to walmart and get it for the same price. But only if you have a circuit city nearby....

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 07:29 PM   #111
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Quote:
hoooooold up a sec there...you're being serious when you say there wasn't a juke in the PC version? that's like saying they left out interceptions in the PC version.

tell me you're kidding.

why don't you list all the things you see in the XBox version that weren't in the PC version. i thought the PC version was cool cuz you could do screen shots of your created teams with uniforms that you imported to your hard drive.

The problem I had with 04 madden on the PC is you were not able to map the buttons. So if you didnt have a controller that had enough buttons, you could not use all the features. My controller did not have 2 analog sticks like the PS2, and I could not use whatever was mapped to those buttons. I believe it was the line movement and stuff. Really turned me off.

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 07:33 PM   #112
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Thanks for the cheaper price tips on Madden. Now that I think about it, $40 is a bit too much for me, too. I wish I had taken advantage of the "trade 5 games in, get Madden free" from EB Games, but I didn't. I'm almost positive that that applied to preorders only, so I'm out of luck. It's OK. I'll just play something else instead for now.

As for the "fair play" option, pardon my Walloon, but it completely fucked people over in last year's game. People found a way to tackle your punter every single time you tried to punt the football. With fair play on, you were forced to punt on almost every 4th down, so it would be an automatic loss of about 15 yards because of the cheating that some people would do. I refuse to play EA Sports games online against random people ever again. I know that a lot of people have taken the same vow, and I completely agree with it.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:34 PM   #113
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I had Madden 2004 for the PC. Great game. I bought the dual action game controller (the one that's made with PS2 ports in mind) and it worked perfectly. It also worked well with MVP Baseball 2004. I think it cost $15-20.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 07:39 PM   #114
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I've read that Walmart has it for $37.99 - although mine doesn't.

Thanks for the impressions EF! I want to hear more.. as I really want to import my NCAA soon to be draftees into Madden if it's worth the $40 you can get it for online.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 08:38 PM   #115
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
I really need to get someone to freaking put their real NCAA rosters on my memory card. Who lives close to me? I'm about to ship it off, just for the fact I can have Bush and Leinart in the NFL and what not.

What console?
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 08:59 PM   #116
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:

tell me you're kidding.

there juke on the pc.

i had the pc version from 2002-2005

this is the first year with xbox console for 2006 and i only had it today, but so far i am liking it over the pc versions. its hard to explain. it just feels better.

the little features i didnt see on the pc versions so far are the fair play option, easy play option, and Madden tutorial videos.

when i get deeper into the game i list more things i didnt see on the pc version.

but who knows what features on the PC version 2006 will be taken out. but they do that every year compare to the console.

the console you get the complete package.

Last edited by jbmagic : 08-09-2005 at 09:00 PM.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:39 PM   #117
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I'm liking the Reggie Bush esque dive into the endzone. Nice little flip.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:58 PM   #118
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
Thanks for the cheaper price tips on Madden. Now that I think about it, $40 is a bit too much for me, too. I wish I had taken advantage of the "trade 5 games in, get Madden free" from EB Games, but I didn't. I'm almost positive that that applied to preorders only, so I'm out of luck. It's OK. I'll just play something else instead for now.

As for the "fair play" option, pardon my Walloon, but it completely fucked people over in last year's game. People found a way to tackle your punter every single time you tried to punt the football. With fair play on, you were forced to punt on almost every 4th down, so it would be an automatic loss of about 15 yards because of the cheating that some people would do. I refuse to play EA Sports games online against random people ever again. I know that a lot of people have taken the same vow, and I completely agree with it.

No, the EB thing is not just for preorders. I did it today and didn't preorder it. You need to have some decent games, not 3-4 year old ones. I traded in MLB2006 (manage mode was broke), ESPN College Hoops, MOH frontline, and Clancy's Ghost Recon. For those 4 I got $47 credit (they bumped up 2 of them like $8-9 on the madden special).

Last edited by cougarfreak : 08-09-2005 at 10:00 PM.
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 10:29 PM   #119
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak
No, the EB thing is not just for preorders. I did it today and didn't preorder it. You need to have some decent games, not 3-4 year old ones. I traded in MLB2006 (manage mode was broke), ESPN College Hoops, MOH frontline, and Clancy's Ghost Recon. For those 4 I got $47 credit (they bumped up 2 of them like $8-9 on the madden special).

Well, if the EB Games around here has any copies left, I might give it a shot. Which ESPN College Hoops did you trade in? 2K5 or the older one with TJ Ford on the cover?
Old 08-09-2005, 10:32 PM   #120
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
Well, if the EB Games around here has any copies left, I might give it a shot. Which ESPN College Hoops did you trade in? 2K5 or the older one with TJ Ford on the cover?

2K5, figured it was about time for a new one to roll around anyways. I know this doesn't help, but the EB had tons of copies around me. I wasn't gonna pay for the game either, had these 4 games collecting dust, and saw someone posted the deal over at operation sports, so I gave it a shot.

Last edited by cougarfreak : 08-09-2005 at 10:33 PM.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:32 PM   #121
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack

PC or console?

Can anyone confirm if the Xbox version has in-game saves? If so, I may not wait for the 360 version...

I'm just catching up with this thread, but yes the Xbox version has in-game saves.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 10:33 PM   #122
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The review from Team Xbox is saying the game is much more simlike. For instance, no more scrambling right and throwing left across your body with accuracy. Have you guys noticed this in your games?

I've only played two games, but I've definitely noticed this. I've also noticed that throwing into double or triple coverage is no longer going to work, even if it is to a top notch receiver.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:35 PM   #123
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
i love the new fair play option

makes you limited when to go for it on 4th down, no huddles, fake punt, fake fg, etc

so no cheesing.

makes for a straight up game.
I've meant to mention this in my previous posts. I think it is great if you are going to play against someone who cheeses, but honestly I don't see myself ever playing against those players anyway.

I guess it could be helpful to those with poor self-control as well.

Edit: I didn't realize this was in previous versions. Learn something new every day.

I'm tired, but I really want to see how my Coach Mode game finishes out. Except for the fact that my Eagles were losing, it was the most fun I've ever had with a coach mode game. Most amazingly, it was with NO sliders just default All-Pro!

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-09-2005 at 10:38 PM.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:39 PM   #124
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I've meant to mention this in my previous posts. I think it is great if you are going to play against someone who cheeses, but honestly I don't see myself ever playing against those players anyway.

I guess it could be helpful to those with poor self-control as well.

Edit: I didn't realize this was in previous versions. Learn something new every day.

I'm tired, but I really want to see how my Coach Mode game finishes out. Except for the fact that my Eagles were losing, it was the most fun I've ever had with a coach mode game. Most amazingly, it was with NO sliders just default All-Pro!

I beat NE in the preseason with Cin 28-9 with coach mode. Too many INT's, but I'm going to turn some sliders down. It's been suggested over at operationsports, and people have gotten good results.

Last edited by cougarfreak : 08-09-2005 at 10:40 PM.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:05 PM   #125
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I just had a play that just pissed me off. However, it was also totally realistic. We were down 16-6 early 4th quarter. McNabb connected on a deep out to T.O. He beat his man and was racing down the sideline. He started high stepping and show boating around the 10. Harrison caught him at the 3 from behind, stripped the ball and it sailed through the endzone for a touchback!

So far, McNabb has 2 interceptions and Brady has none. Perhaps, there will be some slider tweakage needed, but this particular "coach mode" game is looking very good on All-Pro default 13 minute quarters.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-09-2005 at 11:05 PM.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:35 PM   #126
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The only play I saw in the game that concerned me was when my punt returner didn't call a fair catch with a linebacker running at him. He was only 5 yards away. The linebacker ended up nailing him, causing a fumble, which he then recovered and ran into the endzone. The linebacker was Chad Brown.

Other than that, it was a fun realistic game. We lost 23-9.

One cool thing that I noticed is that when I was down by 14 with 2 minutes left, the Patriots didn't call some patsy prevent defense. They blitzed, blitzed, and blitzed some more from various angles. It made a deep passing game next to impossible and earned them quite a few sacks.

I was glad to see that even though Buckhalter was fresh, he didn't tear up the defense in the 4th quarter like he did in my last game.

Final Stats:

Passing:

McNabb: 20 of 37 for 198 yards, 0 TD 2 INT, sacked 6 times (4 in the 4th quarter in the last 3 minutes or so of the game as they blitzed him harshly.)

Brady: 19 of 31 for 168 yards, 1 TD 0 INT, sacked 2 times.

Rushing:

Westbrook: 20 attempts for 74 yards.

Buckhalter: 5 attempts for 14 yards.

McNabb didn't have any attempts. I hope coach mode will run sometimes with scrambling QB's. Sometime in the next few days, I might play a coach game with Vick to see if he scrambles.

Dillon: 25 attempts for 81 yards.

Kevin Faulk: 3 carries for 2 yards.

Receiving:

Owens: 8 catches for 103 yards.

L.J. Smith: 5 catches for 32 yards.

Todd Pinkston: 2 catches for 33 yards.

David Givens: 5 catches for 58 yards and 1 TD.

Deion Branch: 4 catches for 32 yards.

Daniel Graham 3 catches for 27 yards.

3 other receivers with 2 catches.

Tra Thomas led my team with 15 pancake blocks.

Matt Light led NE with 8 pancake blocks.

Leading Tacklers:

Michael Lewis with 9.

Sheldon Brown and Trotter with 8 each.

Ted Johnson with 12 (he is a beast in this game. He was the main guy shutting down my running game.)

Rodney Harrison with 7

McGinest with 6.

Leading Sacks:

Keith Adams and Dhani Jones each had 1 for me.

Vince Wilfork had 2 for them. They had 4 players with 1, including McGinest, Poole, and Vrabel.

Eugene Wilson and Rodney Harrison had the only 2 interceptions of the game.

Vinatieri was 4 of 5 on field goals, including 2 from 55 yards. He missed a 54 yard field goal attempt.

Akers was 3 of 4 with a long of 46. He missed a 51 yard attempt.

Dirk Johnson had 4 punts with a 40.7 avg.

Josh Miller had 4 punts with a 34.7 avg.

Overall, a fun game of coach mode football. It's way too early to tell for sure, but I'm optimistic that this will be the most functional mode of coach football ever in this series, and that it might be fun. However, I really hope scrambling QB's will run. I'll try a Vick game in the next few days.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:43 AM   #127
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Eaglefan27

not sure, but i know when i had 2005 pc version on coach mode you can call the fair play yourself.

give it a try next time.

i play my first coach mode on the xbox console today, 12 mins quarter, all-pro, accerlation clock.

My raiders kill Atlanta 40-14. i use default sliders. i didnt see Vick attempt one qb run

some people are saying that all-pro level is like pro last year. and the best level to play is all-madden this year. read it in the other forums.

so really not sure yet.

Last edited by jbmagic : 08-10-2005 at 12:45 AM.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:48 AM   #128
jbmagic
Pro Starter

one good thing i am seeing more defensive pass interference. and penalty slider is on default. i saw two in my one coach mode game i play today.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:20 AM   #129
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
I just had a play that just pissed me off. However, it was also totally realistic. We were down 16-6 early 4th quarter. McNabb connected on a deep out to T.O. He beat his man and was racing down the sideline. He started high stepping and show boating around the 10. Harrison caught him at the 3 from behind, stripped the ball and it sailed through the endzone for a touchback!

Heh! Served him right!

I broke down and bought it last night. Only got to play for a half, but I liked it. My Dolphins marched down the field and scored on their first possession. Then let San Francisco score 17 points or something.

I like that they show faces on the player cards for fake players, but I wish they hadn't cut the number of faces back. Now, there are just 130 or so default faces with no shape changes.

And I think if you play with the Falcons in their throwback unis, the Falcons in the stadium and on the field should be the classic Falcon as well.

Last edited by Kodos : 08-10-2005 at 08:21 AM.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:02 AM   #130
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Heh! Served him right!

I broke down and bought it last night. Only got to play for a half, but I liked it. My Dolphins marched down the field and scored on their first possession. Then let San Francisco score 17 points or something.

I like that they show faces on the player cards for fake players, but I wish they hadn't cut the number of faces back. Now, there are just 130 or so default faces with no shape changes.

And I think if you play with the Falcons in their throwback unis, the Falcons in the stadium and on the field should be the classic Falcon as well.

That didn't take long. My goofy ass will probably pick up today as well.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:14 AM   #131
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
That didn't take long. My goofy ass will probably pick up today as well.

At least I didn't preorder or go to the midnight sales.

Resist! It's too late for me, but you still can. Avenge me!
Old 08-10-2005, 11:07 AM   #132
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
At least I didn't preorder or go to the midnight sales.

Resist! It's too late for me, but you still can. Avenge me!

I might just do that after hearing about the stat issues. For a franchise running this long, issues like that should have been taken care of a long time ago - atlhough I don't remember them in 2005.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:11 AM   #133
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sadly, I imagine most mainstream reviews will look a lot like this one in today's AJC:

Quote:
Madden NFL 2006

• E-mail Michael Carvell
• More Sports news

The Game: Madden NFL 2006
The Developer: EA Sports
The Platform: PS2
The Price: $49.95
The Basics: The Madden series is the best-selling sports video game of all-time. It is available on the PS2, XBox and GameCube. This year's Madden is the only football game with the official NFL license. EA bought the exclusive rights.

sptmain

The Good: Donovan McNabb, and not Michael Vick, is on the cover of the game, which should ease the concerns of Falcons fans about the Madden jinx. .... The Madden series has been EA's most successful product, and the company deserves credit for keeping the game basically the same each year, with the exception of a few new glitches and updated rosters ... Madden 2006's notable upgrade is "Precision Passing", which brightens up the field like a flashlight in whatever direction the quarterback is looking. At first it seems like a minor change, but after playing a few games you realize it radically affects the game. The bottom line is this: the quarterback becomes the most important player on the field. If you don't have one of the league's top quarterbacks, you will be at a disadvantage ... The "truck" button has been added on offense, which allows running backs to run over defenders in short-yardage or goal line schemes ... The wide receivers have new hot routes in which they can shorten or lengthen their pattern.

The Bad: Falcon fans might not be happy with "Precision Passing." It impedes the explosiveness of Vick. He remains one of the league's fastest players, but his passing rating is only average, just like in real life. It becomes a liability when defenses stack the line in order to key on the run and dare Vick to pass.

The bottom line: Madden 2004 was the biggest-selling game of that particular year and sold record-breaking 1.35 million copies on the first day of its release last year. The record could be shattered again this year, especially since it is the only NFL-licensed video game on the market.

My point being that coach mode or anything other than the joystick jockey aspect isn't even going to merit a mention.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:57 PM   #134
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I just played a half of a Coach only mode with Atlanta vs New Orleans.

Interestingly, Brooks did scramble once or twice (I think the second time was a designed run.)

Vick didn't scramble once However, he did buy time to throw with a little bit of movement on 2 plays.

Vick was very streaky in the game, going 0 of 10 at one point, but then hitting 4 in a row.

Selected Halftime Stats (I'm not going to finish the game as it is fairly apparent to me that the lack of QB scrambling for yards will be the one big drawback to coach only mode.)

6-6 game.

Total Yards for Atlanta: 156

Total Yards for New Orleans: 67

Vick: 6 of 20 (I wanted to pass a lot to see if he would ever scramble) for 89 yards. 0 TD 2 INT (one on an overthrow, one on a throw into double coverage) Sacked 1 time.

Brooks: 4 of 10 for 44 yards. 0 TD 0 INT, sacked twice.

Dunn: 12 carries for 61 yards.

Duckett 6 carries for 19 yards.

Vick 2 carries for -2 yards (both designed runs.)

McAllister: 15 carries for 31 yards (the O-Line wasn't creating any holes)

Brooks: 2 carries for 7 yards.

Stallworth dropped two deep bombs where he burnt my secondary or those passing stats would have been much different.

Anyway, I think the coach mode is good overall, and I'll probably start a coach franchise at some point. Now, I'm about to start my action franchise.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:04 PM   #135
jbmagic
Pro Starter

i just check what happens if you get a lot of pancakes when playing your game out in franchise mode.

your whole offense line will progress a lot in franchise mode than cpu teams.

the highest pancake a player got in franchise sim stats was 82 pancakes.

when you play the game out your going to see 3-4 players on your team with 10 or more pancakes. your going to see several players on your team with 120-160 pancakes for the season.

the offensive line progression is based on pancakes unfortunaly.

this is the only bummer for me with Madden 2006. the rest of the game is pretty solid.

and like Eaglefan27 said, Coach mode is fun, but lack of qb scrambling by the cpu team.

there also another coach mode only in franchise mode where its all text. you call the play and read the text.

but its broken. you cant call timeout and see how many wr, te, rb the offense comes out with.

but you can still play the regular graphical coach mode too in franchise mode if you want.

Last edited by jbmagic : 08-10-2005 at 02:06 PM.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:23 PM   #136
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jb, I still want to see some evidence that the offensive line progress faster than the CPU's. I guess I'll see that in upcoming seasons if it is true or not.

In any case, I just saw something very cool. I've never noticed this before (did I miss this in previous versions?) I'm playing my first pre-season game against the Steelers and it's 7-7 after the half. I decide to give Reggie Brown, my rookie WR, a good deal of playing time in the second half.

Passing in this version is more route based than previous versions. McMahon my rookie QB just threw the ball right where Brown should have been on the out, but Brown ran an in! He's also run a fly where he was supposed to run a curl. He clearly doesn't know the playbook and is running wrong routes! T.O and Pinkston didn't do this at all when on they were on the field in the first half.

I really like the passing better. Not just the cone, but the way leading works in this game, I feel like it is more realistic and I feel like I can get rewarded for really reading the defenses in this version. Oh yeah, McMahon's cone is small.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:42 PM   #137
korme
Go Reds

This is why Chris Perry is an Evil Wolverine at heart! 1 carry (3rd stringer), 1 fumble. Damn you Chris Perry
Old 08-10-2005, 03:43 PM   #138
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Eaglefan27 any tips on the cones.

how are you doing it?

i guess i need to goto the practice screen and practice some more.

i getting sack too much
Old 08-10-2005, 03:48 PM   #139
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Passing in this version is more route based than previous versions. McMahon my rookie QB just threw the ball right where Brown should have been on the out, but Brown ran an in! He's also run a fly where he was supposed to run a curl. He clearly doesn't know the playbook and is running wrong routes! T.O and Pinkston didn't do this at all when on they were on the field in the first half.

Were they running one of those option routes? Could that be the cause of it?
Old 08-10-2005, 04:05 PM   #140
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999
Were they running one of those option routes? Could that be the cause of it?

No, I'm positive that he wasn't running an option route. It was a simple curl that he didn't run correctly. However, he ended up being the hero of the game as I told him to run a fly in the 4th quarter and McMahon hit him for the game winning 21 yard TD catch. Reggie had 3 catches for 47 yards and a TD on the day.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:09 PM   #141
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oh yeah, I really like the new gameplan feature where it gives you a long paragraph of scouting for each of the starters on the opposition. It might become repetitive after a while, but right now it has the wow factor.

I also like you how get 3 foci for each game where you get to practice 3 plays over and over that is designed to neutralize their most dangerous player. You get points for how well you execute it. I wonder how much it effects the actual game though. I ran the HB screen about 15 times in practice very well, but it didn't work that well in the actual game.

Also, I realized after I finished my first pre-season game against the Steelers that I never downloaded the rosters (available online) to put Gardner on the Panthers as well as several other fixes. I don't mind too much as it will be fun playing the Steelers again after I re-start my franchise. It was a really fun game.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-10-2005 at 04:12 PM.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:16 PM   #142
korme
Go Reds

OK, just finished my first Franchise Mode game, Cincinnati at Cleveland.

Fun game, first off. Default All-Pro sliders, 13 minutes, accelerated.

My initial reaction is that the only thing I might need to tweak is CPU passing, Trent Dilfer lit me up, but then against the Bengals D isn't that good.

Scoring:
1Q-
CIN K Graham 49 Yd FG (CIN 3, CLE 0)
CLE QB Dilfer to TE Heiden 12 Yds (CLE 7, CIN 3)
2Q-
CIN QB Palmer to WR C. Johnson 6 Yds (CIN 9, CLE 7) I missed the XP. :o
CLE QB Dilfer to TE Heiden 1 Yd (CLE 14, CIN 9)
CIN RB R. Johnson 58 Yd Run (CIN 15, CLE 14) Failed 2 Pt Conversion! :o
3Q-
CIN K Graham 37 Yd FG (CIN 18, CLE 14)
4Q-
CIN QB Palmer to WR C. Johnson 11 Yds (CIN 25, CLE 14)
CIN K Graham 37 Yd FG (CIN 28, CLE 14)
CLE QB Dilfer to WR Edwards 81 Yds (CIN 28, CLE 21)

I used to always give up the big pass in '05, and it happened her with 30 seconds left as Braylon beat Tory James and then out ran him for an 81 yard bomb.

PASSING
Palmer, CIN: 21-39, 263 Yds, 2 TD, 92.1 QBR, sacked 3 times
Dilfer, CLE: 20-36, 391 Yds, 3 TD, 3 INT, 86.6 QBR, sacked 3 times

Palmer started out 10-12 then I started throwing sloppily, not to mention CJ was double-teamed nearly every play the entire second half.

RUSHING
R. Johnson, CIN: 25 Car, 118 Yds, 4.7 YPC, 1 TD
K. Watson, CIN: 3 Car, 24 Yds, 8.0 YPC (26 yard run!)
J. Johnson, CIN: 2 Car, 11 Yds, 5.5 YPC
C. Perry, CIN: 1 Car, 0 Yds, 1 FUMBLE UGH
L. Suggs, CLE: 22 Car, 58 Yds, 2.6 YPC
T. Smith, CLE: 3 Car, 27 Yds, 9.0 YPC

I am not concerned that Suggs had a 2.6 YPC because he is one of the worst starters in the NFL. If I consistenly hold backs to something that low though, I'll bump CPU running. Rudi had a worse game than advertised, he had 1 58 yard run and besides that he would get 2-3 yards a carry. But my starting LG (Eric Steinbach) is out, so I am not worried.

RECEIVING
C. Johnson, CIN: 11 Rec, 126 Yds, 11.4 Ave, 2 TD
P. Warrick, CIN: 4 Rec, 51 Yds, 12.7 Ave
J. Johnson, CIN: 3 Rec, 20 Yds, 6.6 Ave
R. Johnson, CIN: 1 Rec, 19 Yds; T. Stewart, CIN: 1 Rec, 32 Yds; T. Houshmandzadeh, CIN: 1 Rec, 15 Yds
A. Bryant, CLE: 6 Rec, 141 Yds, 23.5 Ave
A. Davis, CLE: 5 Rec, 50 Yds, 10.0 Ave
S. Heiden, CLE: 4 Rec, 46 Yds, 11.5 Ave, 2 TD
B. Edwards, CLE: 3 Rec, 133 Yds, 44.3 Ave, 1 TD
D. Northcutt, CLE: 1 Rec, 19 Yds; L. Suggs, CLE: 1 Rec, 2 Yds

I am really satisfied how my passing game turned out. No huge yards per catch averages like I used to have in the past. I didn't throw one ball on a straight fly route. Every catch was a pattern that required cuts and moves. I am not happy with Cleveland passing like the Rams, however. Dilfer was tossing the ball around like an MVP. I attribute this to my lack of pass rush and my average corners.

Blocking
Levi Jones had 15 pancake blows for me, no one else had more than 7. Ryan Tucker had 12 for Cleveland.

Tackles
A. Wilson 9, D. O'Neal 8, Pollack 6, N. Webster 5, M. Williams 5, R. Bauman 4, J. Smith 3, B. Simmons 3, 8 others with 2 or less for Cincinnati. Madieu Williams is awesome, btw.
G. Baxter 10, M. Jameson 7, K. Lang 7, B. Russell 6, A. Davis 5, A. McKinley 4, O. Roye 3, 12 others with 2 or less for Cleveland.

I traded Kitna and then some for Ricky Williams, then dealt Williams to Arizona for S Adrian Wilson and picks. That's why I have Wilson.

SACKS
Cincinnati: Justin Smith 2, David Pollack 1
Cleveland: Chaun Thompson, Andra Davis, Kenard Lang 1

INTERCEPTIONS
Cincinnati: Keiwan Ratliff, Rashad Bauman, David Pollack 1

Pollack with 6 tackles, 1 sack, 1 int makes me mad that he is holding out in real life

All in all, a good game.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:18 PM   #143
jbmagic
Pro Starter

do i need xbox live subscription to get the updated roster?

is there any trial for xbox live to try out. just got my xbox when NCAA came out.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:19 PM   #144
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Shorty, I'll recommend that you don't tweak the CPU passing too much. With the Eagles who have an excellent secondary and an overall very good defense, we are shutting down most QB's. The only QB that has done well against us so far is Brady.

Next best was Big Ben who managed 53% in a half of a pre-season game.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-10-2005 at 04:22 PM.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:20 PM   #145
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
do i need xbox live subscription to get the updated roster?

is there any trial for xbox live to try out. just got my xbox when NCAA came out.

Yes, you need a subscription.

I don't know of any current free trials.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:29 PM   #146
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yes, you need a subscription.

I don't know of any current free trials.

thanks was hoping maybe someone will have it available to download and then i can use action replay. Like NCaa 2006

that will be sweet to have a free trial of xbox live to see how it is before i purchase it.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:30 PM   #147
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
thanks was hoping maybe someone will have it available to download and then i can use action replay. Like NCaa 2006

that will be sweet to have a free trial of xbox live to see how it is before i purchase it.

I don't think it is possible to copy a downloaded file from the Xbox to the Action Replay. Maybe if it was modded? In any case, I know I don't know how to do it.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:37 PM   #148
dervack
College Prospect

If I was able to DL through Live, I'd give it a try, but I can't get onto Xbox live. Sorry JB.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:39 PM   #149
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Eaglefan thanks

hopefully someone makes some updated roster for Madden 2006 like that one guy did for NCAA 2006. then i can use my action replay.

or i hope they offer a free trial to xbox live to ttry, then i can get my roster that way too.

ok Pro level is too easy i am up 31-0 at halftime. my Raiders vs Miami. default sldiers.

i guess all-pro it will be
Old 08-10-2005, 04:44 PM   #150
jbmagic
Pro Starter

i love the passing log and running log you can check when you play. to show what formation and plays your doing well on.