Old 12-07-2008, 04:22 PM   #102
Thomkal
Head Coach

Broncos have another RB go down-Hillis in the locker room, Tatum Bell in
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:23 PM   #103
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The Pats are going to have to bring in fans from the stands to complete the game :P
Old 12-07-2008, 04:23 PM   #104
Thomkal
Head Coach

and now Pitt fumbles it away, unbelievable.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:34 PM   #105
Jas_lov
College Starter

Tony Romo is terrible. What a horrendous throw for that INT.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:37 PM   #106
Jas_lov
College Starter

This game is a trainwreck which seems to favor the Steelers. Let's see how they manage to blow this 1st and goal.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:40 PM   #107
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
Tony Romo is terrible. What a horrendous throw for that INT.

+1

people like to get down on their knees and fellate him, but i think it's largely because he's the QB of the Cowboys. If he was the QB of say...the New Orleans Saints he wouldn't be thought of 1/2 as highly.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:52 PM   #108
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Broncos have another RB go down-Hillis in the locker room, Tatum Bell in

(started on one of my fantasy teams today and on both of my son's teams)
Old 12-07-2008, 04:57 PM   #109
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
+1

people like to get down on their knees and fellate him, but i think it's largely because he's the QB of the Cowboys. If he was the QB of say...the New Orleans Saints he wouldn't be thought of 1/2 as highly.

Hmm, or it could his numbers in his first three years as a starter are:
76-40 TD/INT ratio
Completion %: 64.6
Yards Per Attempt: 8.4
QB Rating: 98.2

Compare that to any of the other young QBs in the game, including Rodgers and Cassel (the guys fellated by the two people calling out Romo) and then see if you still think Romo sucks.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:58 PM   #110
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

lol - oh i'm anything but fellating cassel
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 05:04 PM   #111
Jas_lov
College Starter

I said the INT by Romo was a horrendous throw and it was. He's having a terrible game and if you can't see that then you haven't been watching the game. Rodgers and Cassel haven't even started 3 years in the league yet so I don't see how you can compare them.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:11 PM   #112
hoopsguy
General Manager

He is having a terrible game against the best D in the game. No doubt about it.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:14 PM   #113
digamma
Torchbearer

Let's go TASHARD!!!
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 05:21 PM   #114
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
He is having a terrible game against the best D in the game. No doubt about it.

I see he's getting into post season form early, just in case.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 05:25 PM   #115
Izulde
Head Coach

It appears I made the right call in starting Ryan so far.

Not so much my RB and WR choices. I'm losing 49-45 right now, but that can get turned around quickly I think, especially since the other guy had Hillis.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 05:32 PM   #116
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Tashard Mother Fucking Choice.

Thank You Georgia Tech.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 05:41 PM   #117
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I see he's getting into post season form early, just in case.

Yep, his playoff numbers are way down from his regular season numbers (75.8 rating, predicated mostly on his much lower YPA average). More importantly, he is 0-2 in those games.

My argument was that he is not some kind of media-based fraud. He is a very, very productive NFL QB and the type of guy that probably 25-30 teams in the league would love to build around.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:55 PM   #118
Thomkal
Head Coach

argh, Chiefs get down to the 5 yard line on 4th down, and Thigpen comes up one yard short on a run. of course they probably should have gone for the FG, plenty of time left

Last edited by Thomkal : 12-07-2008 at 05:55 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:56 PM   #119
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Pats lead! HYOOGE!
Old 12-07-2008, 05:56 PM   #120
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Larry Johnson has killed me on fantasy this year... hasn't done a fucking thing for me all year.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:58 PM   #121
Tasan
College Starter

Freaking Alan Ball overrunning the return man. We didn't need that.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:59 PM   #122
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Rememeber two weeks ago how the Jets were the new guys on the block?
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 06:00 PM   #123
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
Not perfect but better than most expected. He'll get much more blame than he deserves. The defense has been historically bad the last 3 games, very tough to overcome. At least they cut Frosty.

Frost being cut was great. It was funny when the new kid shanked his first punt though. He made up for it later I guess, except for the defense not taking advantage of it.

Rodgers gets some blame though, he is the QB. Some people, the ones who take things a little too far and hate him simply because of what the people in charge did to Favre, will blame him too much. I agree they go too far. Still, look at GB on 3rd down for the year, part of that is him as I said. He will get better though. I think the unseen and really the unknown part is removing the effect Favre had on the whole team just being himself. Rodgers is a good guy and I have no doubt his teammates like him, but he is not the leader Favre was.

Another thing I was thinking about today in the Favre to Rodgers move. One big reason the Packers kept giving for having to move on without Favre was because Rodgers was the starter all offseason, that they had changed the offense to fit Rodgers more, blah blah blah. Well, it seems those changes sucked balls. They should have kept things the way they were last year if the scheme was changed that much. I know they don't do the slants as much as they did last year and wish we saw more it.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:01 PM   #124
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

That was the best blitz I've ever seen. BALL GAME, PATS!
Old 12-07-2008, 06:04 PM   #125
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
Larry Johnson has killed me on fantasy this year... hasn't done a fucking thing for me all year.

Larry Johnson hasn't really helped my fantasy team much this year... of course neither has Plaxico Burress... I likely would say though that Tom Brady has mostly killed my fantasy team this year!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 06:11 PM   #126
Thomkal
Head Coach

woot! for the first time since 1975 I can say my beloved Cards have won their division!
Old 12-07-2008, 06:12 PM   #127
RedKingGold
College Starter

I do not get to watch a lot of 49ers football on the East, but San Francisco played very well today.

Although there's still three games to play, I'm starting to turn the corner in thinking Mike Singletary could be a good NFL coach. The team played hard and relatively well today (although we still need a QB).
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 06:24 PM   #128
Jas_lov
College Starter

LOL! INT by Romo costs his team the ballgame. A fitting end to a horrendous game.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:24 PM   #129
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Did Romo think it was the playoffs already?
Old 12-07-2008, 06:25 PM   #130
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Love seeing this collapse by Dallas.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 06:40 PM   #131
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Turnovers..man...Turnovers...

We did everything we needed...

I wanted to win this so bad. Choice deserved the game ball.....
Old 12-07-2008, 07:14 PM   #132
hawk4669
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Rememeber two weeks ago how the Jets were the new guys on the block?

As a long suffering Jets fan, I honestly knew as soon as someone (namely the media) started jumping on the bandwagon, they'd collapse.

Ugh.

Cheers!

www.hbfire.org
hawk4669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:29 PM   #133
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I maybe wrong but I am pretty sure Madden just called Flacco "Joe Fat Flacco." Even if not, that is what I heard and it made me laugh. The fat part was him starting to say his name wrong....could have been Flat, but I heard fat.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:36 PM   #134
stevew
Hall Of Famer

2008 James Harrison is the best steelers backer I've ever seen.

Nice to see romo throw a critical pick 6
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:36 PM   #135
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

ESPN - Steelers' win gives Streak for Cash player big 25

With the Pittsburgh Steelers' 20-13 win over the Dallas Cowboys, a fan who registered himself as Bigsam1122 has reached 25 straight wins in ESPN's Streak For The Cash game.

Pending verification of eligibility, the pick would be worth $1 million.
Bigsam1122 has worked methodically. He won his 23rd straight game on Nov. 24, and got his 24th win last Sunday when Tampa Bay beat New Orleans 23-20 on a field goal in the final two minutes.

He was able to wait for the right opportunity as several players with streaks in the low 20s lost games within the last week.

Bigsam1122's 24-pick streak began with a Tampa Bay Rays victory over the Philadelphia Phillies in Game 2 of the World Series. Since then, Bigsam1122's wins have come exclusively on college football, NFL and NBA action.

Ironically, he started the Streak For The Cash game with five straight losses.

Earlier in the contest, two other players got to 24 wins, but failed in their attempt to win the 25th.

If verification holds up and Bigsam1122 does indeed win the big prize, remember to keep on playing and trying to build your streak. There is still the $10,000 prize for the longest overall streak before Dec. 31.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:47 PM   #136
RainMaker
General Manager

If the suspensions on the Williams cheaters goes through for next week, does that mean they'd be ineligible for the first playoff game? Seems kind of weird they wouldn't take the suspension now and have them for the playoffs.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:37 PM   #137
miami_fan
Coordinator

Hmmmm I wonder. If the safety had blasted Todd Heap instead of going for the ball, would he have gotten a penalty for hitting a defenseless receiver?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:43 PM   #138
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
2008 James Harrison is the best steelers backer I've ever seen.

Nice to see romo throw a critical pick 6

I love seeing my man Woodley dominating too. Was my favorite player at Michigan his four years there. I knew when he got taken he'd be a monster.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:58 PM   #139
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
ESPN - Steelers' win gives Streak for Cash player big 25

With the Pittsburgh Steelers' 20-13 win over the Dallas Cowboys, a fan who registered himself as Bigsam1122 has reached 25 straight wins in ESPN's Streak For The Cash game.

Pending verification of eligibility, the pick would be worth $1 million.
Bigsam1122 has worked methodically. He won his 23rd straight game on Nov. 24, and got his 24th win last Sunday when Tampa Bay beat New Orleans 23-20 on a field goal in the final two minutes.

He was able to wait for the right opportunity as several players with streaks in the low 20s lost games within the last week.

Bigsam1122's 24-pick streak began with a Tampa Bay Rays victory over the Philadelphia Phillies in Game 2 of the World Series. Since then, Bigsam1122's wins have come exclusively on college football, NFL and NBA action.

Ironically, he started the Streak For The Cash game with five straight losses.

Earlier in the contest, two other players got to 24 wins, but failed in their attempt to win the 25th.

If verification holds up and Bigsam1122 does indeed win the big prize, remember to keep on playing and trying to build your streak. There is still the $10,000 prize for the longest overall streak before Dec. 31.

That must have been one hell of a sweat for that guy. Look at the top link on the right side. Some other guy got to 24 and lost it all when he picked the Packers over the Saints with no spread. I hope he hedged his bet and put everything he had on the Saints to win.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:07 PM   #140
Tigercat
College Starter

I feel really blessed that I got to see Ed Reed play when we were in high school together. Being able to see him throw passes, catch passes, run back kicks, and intercept passes back then was a real treat on its own. But to see him develop as one of the great safties of all time since? Just awesome.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:58 PM   #141
Tigercat
College Starter

Dola, and the second best player on the field tonight, Laron Landry I got to watch as a player for our rival school across the river. (Though he played right after I left HS.) The home Parish is representing tonight!

Last edited by Tigercat : 12-07-2008 at 09:58 PM.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:45 PM   #142
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
Rodgers gets some blame though, he is the QB. Some people, the ones who take things a little too far and hate him simply because of what the people in charge did to Favre, will blame him too much. I agree they go too far. Still, look at GB on 3rd down for the year, part of that is him as I said. He will get better though. I think the unseen and really the unknown part is removing the effect Favre had on the whole team just being himself. Rodgers is a good guy and I have no doubt his teammates like him, but he is not the leader Favre was.
Rodgers (3,169 - 22 - 11 - 92.1) has had a better season than Favre (2,845 - 20 - 15 - 88.2), and that's with a worse OL, worse running game and much tougher schedule. You take out the Arizona game and Favre has had 14 TDs and 14 INTs - all this against a soft schedule that has seen Cassel, Pennington and Edwards put up QB ratings in the 85-93 range.

Quote:
Another thing I was thinking about today in the Favre to Rodgers move. One big reason the Packers kept giving for having to move on without Favre was because Rodgers was the starter all offseason, that they had changed the offense to fit Rodgers more, blah blah blah. Well, it seems those changes sucked balls. They should have kept things the way they were last year if the scheme was changed that much. I know they don't do the slants as much as they did last year and wish we saw more it.
2007 Packer offense - 27.2 points per game
2008 Packer offense - 27.3 points per game

2007 Packer defense - 18.2 points per game
2008 Packer defense - 24.5 points per game

The loss of their DL to injuries/FA and the injuries at LB and DB are why GB has not been very good. The injuries forced ST guys to be starters and that cause their ST coverage to go down the toilet as well. You can blame Ted for having no depth at OL or on defense, but Favre wasn't going to change much this season. This team just could not make stops on defense or cover kickoffs to save their lives.

Just look at the close losses to Houston, Carolina, Minnesota, Atlanta and Tennessee (1-4 points each), Rodgers led 8 scoring drives for 44 points in the 4th quarter. The defense/st allowed 9 for 51 points and that's why GB lost.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:31 AM   #143
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Steelers comeback
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:28 AM   #144
MikeVic
Head Coach

Good game!
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:34 AM   #145
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I have to say, this was probably the best week of the season!!!!
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:04 PM   #146
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

and a huge game in the NFC tonite to top it off... GO PANTHERS!
k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:11 PM   #147
Hurst2112
College Starter

If I was Ray Sherman, I would have got in TO's face and told him to sit the f*ck down.
Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:18 PM   #148
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Rodgers (3,169 - 22 - 11 - 92.1) has had a better season than Favre (2,845 - 20 - 15 - 88.2), and that's with a worse OL, worse running game and much tougher schedule. You take out the Arizona game and Favre has had 14 TDs and 14 INTs - all this against a soft schedule that has seen Cassel, Pennington and Edwards put up QB ratings in the 85-93 range.

2007 Packer offense - 27.2 points per game
2008 Packer offense - 27.3 points per game

2007 Packer defense - 18.2 points per game
2008 Packer defense - 24.5 points per game

The loss of their DL to injuries/FA and the injuries at LB and DB are why GB has not been very good. The injuries forced ST guys to be starters and that cause their ST coverage to go down the toilet as well. You can blame Ted for having no depth at OL or on defense, but Favre wasn't going to change much this season. This team just could not make stops on defense or cover kickoffs to save their lives.

Just look at the close losses to Houston, Carolina, Minnesota, Atlanta and Tennessee (1-4 points each), Rodgers led 8 scoring drives for 44 points in the 4th quarter. The defense/st allowed 9 for 51 points and that's why GB lost.

Not sure why a defense of Rodgers was needed. I said he gets a small part of the blame, as any QB would get IMO. I like the guy a lot and think he will only get better. As far as my statement on the offense, I stand by it. They are down some in several categories. It doesn't look like a lot, but in the NFL every little bit helps. 6.0 yards per play last year had them near the top of the league, 5.5 this year has them near the middle of the league.

Then again I never said Rodgers sucked so I don't care to argue it much. I like the guy, he is good, but I do think the change effected the offense and team, in the stats and in the leadership/experience/attitude. And from what McCarthy said it changed how the offense works some. The QB change is more then stats is all I am saying.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:27 PM   #149
Hurst2112
College Starter

SO NOT SAFE FOR WORK:

hxxp://deadspin.com/5103817/fox-broadcasts-some-viking-locker-room-dong?skyline=true&s=x
Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:40 PM   #150
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Jerry Jones calling out Barber???

Why don't you fucking call out Romo you mother fucker.