Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-03-2008, 08:13 PM   #101
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post

There are actually a couple of choreographers that I'm concerned may not be involved with the show anymore - namely Robson and Shane Sparks.

Like Frogman said, we've seen group numbers from both of them. I think the show is just trying to work in some new talent, and it's a good thing as long as they rotate everyone. Like you said, Robson's style is very distinctive (at least on the show) and I think it would start to lose a bit of its impact if we saw it too frequently.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:18 PM   #102
MikeVic
Head Coach

Nigel points out short dancers on a regular basis, eh?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:59 PM   #103
MikeVic
Head Coach

Can someone tell me who got eliminated?
Old 07-10-2008, 11:55 PM   #104
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Jessica's tits looked awesome
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:58 PM   #105
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Can someone tell me who got eliminated?

comfort and Thayne
Old 07-11-2008, 07:44 AM   #106
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

playground for my face
Old 07-11-2008, 08:02 AM   #107
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
comfort and Thayne

I liked Thayne but I am so glad that Comfort is gone. She was a "one trick pony" to me...she was an amazing hip hop style dancer, but everything else she struggled with, imo.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:02 AM   #108
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Yes, they did. I'm getting tired of the Jessica bashing by the judges. Yes, her partner is an amazing dancer, but she has done well in a lot of the routines as well. Her performance in the first number Weds night was amazing. Yet, Nigel says that he wishes they could have gotten rid of 2 of the girls last night rather than eliminate Thayne. I think Thayne is a great technical dancer, but I don't think he has all of the qualities that they keep attributing to him.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:57 AM   #109
MikeVic
Head Coach

I thought Comfort and Thayne were the next logical choice.

I'm also sick of the bashing of Jessica. Mia said a horrible thing a couple days ago, something about it being obvious Will is tired of carrying her. What the hell.

Also, as much as I like Kherington... I think that pair has fallen out of my top three as of this moment. I would rank Chelsia/Mark, Joshua/Katee, and Courtney/Gev above them right now in terms of how much I enjoyed their dancing the last couple of weeks. Jessica and Will are kind of the default last place for me right now.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:09 AM   #110
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
I don't care for Jessica, something about her annoys me, but I can't put my finger on what it is. I did think that Mia was being exceptionally harsh saying Will had been carrying her and that he needed a new partner.

Joshua and Katee are my favorites right now, we missed the first couple of weeks, but the first one we watched was the week with their "Broadway" number, which I loved...they have been my favorite ever since then. I thought they kicked ass last night with the Bollywood routine and deserved all the praise they got.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:31 PM   #111
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I'm going to post this as a spoiler, just in case.

Spoiler
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:41 PM   #112
JeeberD
General Manager

Spoiler

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO

Last edited by JeeberD : 07-14-2008 at 06:40 PM.
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:32 PM   #113
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
Spoiler

good thing KSyrup used the spoiler tags

Last edited by JeeberD : 07-14-2008 at 06:41 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:35 PM   #114
MikeVic
Head Coach

hahaha. Dammit.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:41 PM   #115
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
good thing KSyrup used the spoiler tags

Shit...sorry.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:09 PM   #116
Ksyrup

Jeebs = Captain America
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 07-14-2008, 07:58 PM   #117
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

I have been very MIA from the board, but I have to say that this show is great.

Thats all I have for now.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:36 PM   #118
Ksyrup

I guess this is a spoiler, but considering the info, I'm sure there are some of you who will want advance warning of this information:

Spoiler
Old 07-15-2008, 04:06 PM   #119
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Ksyrup, say it ain't so!

Old 07-16-2008, 07:04 PM   #120
MikeVic
Head Coach

Jessica looked so so hot. Hotter than at any point in the show, wow.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:39 PM   #121
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Wow. They murdered that two-step. I was excited to have the show demonstrate how difficult and technical country-western dance is, but that execution was abysmal.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:01 PM   #122
MikeVic
Head Coach

I think most of the guys did well today. I'm guessing Mark or Gev go home. Mark because he didn't do great, and Gev because he did alright but people seem to like Mark a lot?

As for the ladies, before that final pair dance I thought Comfort would go home again... but now sadly I'm picking Kherington. For the last few weeks she seems to have gotten worse.

Joshua and Will were great. So were Katee and Chelsia, with Courtney being close behind.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:02 AM   #123
DrAFTjunkie
H.S. Freshman Team

This show is one of those shows that you can handle with ease, but would never watch if you had any say in it. That said, it isn't hard for me to see the beauty in dance. Flawless execution derived from study, sacrfice and practice is a beautiful thing. It's like watching Barry Sanders bounce off tackles, or Chuck Liddell sprawl to avoid takedowns.

The most impressive dancer so far, for me has been Joshua. I'm definitely partial to the urban dance styles, all of which he does extremely well, but it seems that he can own anything you give him. Bollywood? I don't claim to to know anything about Bollywood, but dude looked like he'd been doing it for years. I'd be really surprised if he didn't win it all. OK, I'll say this: If a guy wins, it'll be him.

Now, on to the real reason I sit there and watch without complaint: the rockin' bodies. Kherrington...good stuff right there. When they wrote that "never make a pretty woman your wife" song, they were talking about women like Kherrington. I'd be a basketcase with a wife who looked like her. "Uhh...where do you think you're going looking like that? The store? With lip gloss on...the store? Seriously? Don't you uhh...don't you think that burlap sack is a little too tight?"

And now a word on modern "interpretive" dance:

Nope.

Kherrington might actually be too beautiful to have sex with. It's like "why are you laying here letting me sweat all over you? Get out there and make the world a better place. How? Shit...just walk around town all day."

All the girls are pretty dope, though. I never really knew what the term "dancer's body" meant, but if this is it. I like it.
DrAFTjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:42 AM   #124
Ksyrup

Yeah, I'm completely impressed by Joshua. First, dude looks like a football player who would never embarrass himself enough to admit liking to dance or certainly not dancing in public, and then when you consider his usual style, you figure he's just a one-trick pony. But after his solo last night, my wife and I both commented that we had forgotten what his usual style was because he was so good at doing everything they've thrown at him so far.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:44 AM   #125
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Jessica looked so so hot. Hotter than at any point in the show, wow.

Quote:
I think most of the guys did well today. I'm guessing Mark or Gev go home. Mark because he didn't do great, and Gev because he did alright but people seem to like Mark a lot?

As for the ladies, before that final pair dance I thought Comfort would go home again... but now sadly I'm picking Kherington. For the last few weeks she seems to have gotten worse.

Joshua and Will were great. So were Katee and Chelsia, with Courtney being close behind.

Agreed. Jessica has always looked great, but last night was her most beautiful look.

I clearly think it is between Mark and Gev. I think Mark deserves to go, but I think he has more fans and Gev will go.

As far as the ladies, I think Comfort goes. Kherington had a bad night (although those shorts in her solo were delicious), but she has too many fans to go tonight I think.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:45 AM   #126
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

Agreed that Joshua has been extremely impressive and seems to have the fan support to win it all.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:46 AM   #127
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

I have to disagree, Dr4fTJunk13. I watch the show because I want to and because the dancing is amazing. I don't watch because my wife does. I don't watch because there's nothing else on. I don't watch because the girls are super hot (which they are). I watch because dance is an amazing thing, even the "modern 'interpretive' dance" (contemporary) is unbelievable to watch. Had you mentioned disco I might have agreed with you, though.

Where I do agree with you is that Joshua impresses me more than anyone else on the show. He is ridiculous. I know Will is an amazing, well trained dancer, but every time I see Joshua dance I am in awe.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:10 AM   #128
rkmsuf
Head Coach

cue wedding video
Old 07-17-2008, 08:34 AM   #129
Ksyrup

I can't say I understand anything about dance, although I know enough to know when someone's good and when someone's bad. But it amazes me to hear the comments from the judges - especially the guests - who know this stuff inside and out and can verbalize what they are seeing on an emotional level. Admittedly, none of this stuff hits me like that. I really appreciate the fact that, when the judges are giving their comments, the producers add in snips of the performance to illustrate what the judges are talking about. That is extremely helpful to someone like me.

More than anything, I just appreciate this show because it feels so much more real than AI, from the dancers to the judges, to the fact that they get to perform dances mostly choreographed for them, and for the show. I don't get the feeling many of the AI contestants necessarily have music in the forefront as their "career." I guess that's part of the charm (at leasat in the early seasons), is that you can take someone working in a fast food restaurant and turn them into a recording star. But they seem to now have it on both ends - people who probably aren't good enough to be a star (Ramiele types) who, AI aside, weren't really focused on having a career in music, and then the ringers like Carly and others who are too professional for the show's original intent. With SYTYCD, nearly all of these people want this to be their careers, they are all talented, and there's a familiarity between some of the contestants and many of the people in the dance industry that makes it feel more legit. That's what makes this show, as a TV competition, compelling.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:36 AM   #130
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Don't forget that Cat Deely is fascinating to look at in a human/giraffe hybrid sort of way.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:41 AM   #131
MikeVic
Head Coach

Yeah I watch it because I want to as well. I'm not married or anything, but I just find this show to be great. Everything about it is good. Nigel will sometimes make comments that reek of a producer trying to set something up, but that's my only complaint.

I agree with you EF27, in that I think Mark and Kherington have too many fans right now to get eliminated, so Gev and Comfort are likely to go.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:23 AM   #132
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yeah I watch it because I want to as well. I'm not married or anything, but I just find this show to be great. Everything about it is good. Nigel will sometimes make comments that reek of a producer trying to set something up, but that's my only complaint.

I agree with you EF27, in that I think Mark and Kherington have too many fans right now to get eliminated, so Gev and Comfort are likely to go.

I would definitely agree. Nigel's blatant agenda (although its so blatant, it's acceptable) can be annoying. Especially his pandering to the choreographers. Of course, without the choreographers there would be no show, so you can't blame him.

Old 07-17-2008, 12:38 PM   #133
DrAFTjunkie
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Yeah, I'm completely impressed by Joshua. First, dude looks like a football player who would never embarrass himself enough to admit liking to dance or certainly not dancing in public, and then when you consider his usual style, you figure he's just a one-trick pony. But after his solo last night, my wife and I both commented that we had forgotten what his usual style was because he was so good at doing everything they've thrown at him so far.

I'm pretty sure he was a football player in HS. I ended up youtubing his audition and he did his thing, which was incredible, but also threw in some "traditional" dance moves, which included (excuse my lack of knowledge) one of those jumping split things. Wow, did he get an insane amout of air on that!!! Joshua is also great because he seems able to "be the dance." He adapts his personality to fit into each style.

Mad respect for him.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:42 PM   #134
rkmsuf
Head Coach

too much talking about dude dancers
Old 07-17-2008, 12:45 PM   #135
rkmsuf
Head Coach

I just realized that I started the American Idol thread and the So You Think You Can Dance thread.

ponderous.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:47 PM   #136
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAFTjunkie View Post
I'm pretty sure he was a football player in HS. I ended up youtubing his audition and he did his thing, which was incredible, but also threw in some "traditional" dance moves, which included (excuse my lack of knowledge) one of those jumping split things. Wow, did he get an insane amout of air on that!!! Joshua is also great because he seems able to "be the dance." He adapts his personality to fit into each style.

Mad respect for him.

Yeah that jump thing was crazy. I liked him from then on.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:51 PM   #137
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post

Kherington was my favourite at the start, but I really like Chelsie (seems like she has a funny personality, and is hot. The thing one of the judges said about her legs is so true. She's short, but her legs look so long), Courtney (sexy brunette, 'nuff said), and Katee (pretty hot, but very talented).
Old 07-17-2008, 12:54 PM   #138
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Kherington was my favourite at the start, but I really like Chelsie (seems like she has a funny personality, and is hot. The thing one of the judges said about her legs is so true. She's short, but her legs look so long), Courtney (sexy brunette, 'nuff said), and Katee (pretty hot, but very talented).

I'd love to cha cha cha all over Chelsie.

Actually I'd be nude with all 4.

Man in the boat overboard.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:15 PM   #139
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:

Mad respect for him.

He said at one point that he took dance lessons because he was a running back.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:35 PM   #140
Ksyrup

Quote:
I just realized that I started the American Idol thread and the So You Think You Can Dance thread.

ponderous.

I started the Dancing With the Stars thread just for you, too. That's pretty much the trifecta.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:37 PM   #141
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
I started the Dancing With the Stars thread just for you, too. That's pretty much the trifecta.

Time to do some soul searching.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:58 PM   #142
DrAFTjunkie
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

We're comfortable.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:00 PM   #143
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
We're comfortable.

A little too comfortable.

Until you mentioned it I didn't realize there were guy dancers on the show.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:22 PM   #144
DrAFTjunkie
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
A little too comfortable.

Until you mentioned it I didn't realize there were guy dancers on the show.

Old 07-17-2008, 05:25 PM   #145
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:

Nowhere near as impressive as a wigfecta though.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:59 PM   #146
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Insane results tonight. I didn't think he'd win it, but he should have gone further than this.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:18 PM   #147
MikeVic
Head Coach

I know, Mark lasting over Will? I thought Mark wasn't in the same league as Will, Twitch, and Joshua. I think Courtney and Chelsia are hotter, but Katee is the best female dancer right now.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:52 PM   #148
DrAFTjunkie
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I know, Mark lasting over Will? I thought Mark wasn't in the same league as Will, Twitch, and Joshua. I think Courtney and Chelsia are hotter, but Katee is the best female dancer right now.

Chelsia? Are you still stuck on that girl from BB9?
Old 07-24-2008, 09:55 PM   #149
MikeVic
Head Coach

What? Isn't that the short blond girl's name? She dances good and has a cute personality from what they've shown.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:56 PM   #150
MikeVic
Head Coach

Dola,

No not that crazy crazy Chelsia!! Is this one spelled "Chelsea?" I hated that BB9 girl.