Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-02-2003, 06:41 PM   #101
rexalllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Qwikshot
Choochai "Choo Choo" Rochana scores his fourth and Ultra Nox are up 8-0.

Christ.
rexalllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 06:43 PM   #102
robbgmaier
College Prospect

the lower ranked team hosts the cup match
robbgmaier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 06:43 PM   #103
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I learned from my mistakes with the Qwakers...the midfield is where the war is won. 3-5-2 is the best formation, buy good stamina/playmaking mids with some ability in pass and defense, don't go nuts on wingers (expense wise)...it helps to have two solid defenders as well (started out with 3).
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 06:44 PM   #104
rexalllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by MylesKnight
Jesus (pronounced "Hey-seus" Christ, are we witnessing a possible FOFC Sweep this evening?

Is anyone currently down in their match? WOW!!!

By the way, how is it decided which team gets to host Cup Matches?

We should add up everyone's scores...should be something like 130-7
Old 04-02-2003, 06:45 PM   #105
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

We're into Extra Time... The Conquistadors are still holding onto a 2-1 lead...

FCC!! FCC!! FCC!!
Old 04-02-2003, 06:47 PM   #106
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

My game is over...
8-0 in my favor...Choochai gets 4 goals and only 2 stars.
Ultra Nox

Player rating and Team formation
Midfield: poor
Right Side Defence: passable
Central Defence: excellent
Left Side Defence: formidable
Right Side Attack: inadequate
Central Attack: inadequate
Left Side Attack: passable
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 04-02-2003, 06:48 PM   #107
Brillig
College Prospect

In order....

Calis - well, losing to a bot team is hard... you might find success a little harder to come by against a human run team. Plus, it'll mess with your training....

GE - anything but a 4-4-2 runs the risk of confusing your team, mitigated by your team's familiarity with the formation and player experience.

MK - the lower seeded team always hosts the Cup match. So everyone will be playing Away next week as well, and almost all of us the week after that, too...
Brillig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 06:48 PM   #108
mckerney
Coordinator

2 - 0 victory.

Right Side Defence: passable
Central Defence: solid
Left Side Defence: passable

Just what I was hoping for with 5 guys back there.

Square, bringing the final ball possession rate to 84 percent, dominated the battle.

Excellent...

Oddly enough, the guy who scored my first goal was a dissappointment, though he did blow a goal on open net.

Last edited by mckerney : 04-02-2003 at 07:03 PM.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 06:49 PM   #109
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

AND THEY'VE DONE IT!!!

THE FIRST COAST CONQUISTADORS HAVE BROKEN THEIR FRANCHISE RECORD 13 MATCH LOSING STREAK!!!
(The previous owner won his 1st League Match in Division V.114 and then went onto lose the final 13 in a row last season, before being decapitated and later replaced).

Your Final: First Coast 2, Tennessee 1
Old 04-02-2003, 06:50 PM   #110
-Panther
High School Varsity

Woohoo Tomahawks win their first game of the Franchise's history, defeating the New Orleans Babylonians 5-1

teamwork seemed to be very well executed as 5 different players
posted goals for the Tomahawks.

Bill Roby (who apparently had a 'terrible' day)
Major Richardson
Wayne Hooks
Irving Crocker
Giorgio Baggio

Tomahawks MVP goes to Chad Carillo

Team Ratings:

Midfield: disastrous
Right Side Defence: solid
Central Defence: passable
Left Side Defence: poor
Right Side Attack: weak
Central Attack: inadequate
Left Side Attack: passable

Last edited by -Panther : 04-02-2003 at 06:51 PM.
-Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 06:51 PM   #111
AccardoOutfit29
H.S. Freshman Team

4227 spectators had come to Dallas Road this cloudy day. Dallas had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. They fielded: Munoz - Yi, Slone, Anderson, Ibero - Phu-Qui, Heller, Higginbotham, Chatman - Berciano Lopez, Matos.

McGees started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Kuykendall - Cordero, Dillon, Churchill - Duckworth, Amos, Millet, Wood, Taylor - Dunbar, Hyun-Suk.

1 minutes into the game Jin Phu-Qui had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Felix Willard. 22 minutes into the game Dale Wood was a hair´s breadth away from giving McGees the lead. A prompt block by Bernard Munoz saved the home team that time. The terraces were silenced in the 31st minute as McGees´s Fred Dunbar put the guests ahead 0 - 1, following an attack from the right. McGees had obvious problems in finding their positions. In the game´s 39:th minute a free kick by Allan Cordero found it´s way through the home side´s poorly assembled defensive formation, making McGees´s lead 0 - 2. After this McGees lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. Halftime score was 0 - 2. McGees, bringing the final ball possession rate to 80 percent, dominated the battle.

The McGees players spent the half-time break getting a rerun of the teams tactical organization. McGees appeared unsure on how to play. After 84 minutes a combination in the middle resulted in a through ball for Wen Hyun-Suk who increased McGees´s lead to 0 - 3. The visitors Chris Taylor took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and full backs in the 85:th minute. 0 - 4 for McGees. McGees, bringing the final ball possession rate to 95 percent, dominated the battle.

Most important Dallas player was Eduardo Ibero. However, Eric Yi made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating McGees player was without a doubt Chris Taylor. Dale Wood on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 0 - 4.

McGees
Midfield: poor
Right Side Defence: inadequate
Central Defence: passable
Left Side Defence: solid
Central Attack: weak
Left Side Attack: inadequate

Just wanted to get past the bot team and play some actual competition. Best of luck to everyone in the next round.
Old 04-02-2003, 06:51 PM   #112
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

My worst player had two stars...I'm quite pleased...of course, I'm knee high in debt...I'm hoping that the general training this week will do wonders to form...then I have to prep against my first league game...ugh..
Old 04-02-2003, 06:51 PM   #113
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

I don't know Brillig, I've received one of the worst teams in Hattrick History, and have yet to replace any of the players on my initial roster..

I've got a feeling First Coast my be playing at the Paladium in Ponte Vedra Beach next Wednesday Evening..
Old 04-02-2003, 06:54 PM   #114
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

5-0 FT. My 3-5-2 experience improved to solid.
Old 04-02-2003, 06:55 PM   #115
rexalllsc
Banned

Quote:
My worst player had two stars...I'm quite pleased...of course, I'm knee high in debt...I'm hoping that the general training this week will do wonders to form...then I have to prep against my first league game...ugh..

How much debt?
Old 04-02-2003, 06:56 PM   #116
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

I had two 1 star and only five @ 2 or above. Also my players managed to pick up 4 yellow cards.
Old 04-02-2003, 06:56 PM   #117
rexalllsc
Banned

Quote:
I don't know Brillig, I've received one of the worst teams in Hattrick History, and have yet to replace any of the players on my initial roster..

I've got a feeling First Coast my be playing at the Paladium in Ponte Vedra Beach next Wednesday Evening..

Congrats to the Laker Hater for winning one...I have a few guys on the transfer list for cheap if you need any...one is Edmund Tillman, who is listed as my best player nearly every time he plays...
Old 04-02-2003, 06:57 PM   #118
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

Excellent USM Golden Eagle.. You obviously have done well putting your franchise together thus far..

I may need to see if I can get you on the First Coast staff as a consultant.. On a Part Time basis of course.
Old 04-02-2003, 06:58 PM   #119
McSweeny
College Starter

the hooligans won 6-0, francis kimball was solid with 4 goals... i hope i can actually win a league game or two this year and i really hope i can get a good youth pull now that i'm up to inad with my youth squad
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 07:00 PM   #120
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Why are you people playing your best players against bots? Save them for the league matches!

I won 3-0 with my worst 11.

Last edited by dacman : 04-02-2003 at 07:01 PM.
dacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 07:03 PM   #121
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Excellent USM Golden Eagle.. You obviously have done well putting your franchise together thus far..

I may need to see if I can get you on the First Coast staff as a consultant.. On a Part Time basis of course.

Can you pay me in Hattrick money?
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 07:04 PM   #122
Brillig
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by mckerney
I was the lower ranked team in my matchup

Oddly enough, the guy who scored my first goal was a dissappointment, though he did blow a goal on open net.

Actually, no - the New Mexico Vikings are ranked #4 in VI.936, while you are #4 in V.225. Since you're in a higher division, you're the higher ranked team...

The match report best/worst player is just based on the star rating, I think, not on actual performance...

---

As for playing my best players - well, I've only had this team for a few weeks. My worst 11 are pretty horrible. Plus, I've been training stamina for 2 weeks and my starters need the tune-up before league matches start. Only one match for training purposes this week anyway...

Last edited by Brillig : 04-02-2003 at 07:08 PM.
Brillig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 07:04 PM   #123
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by rexalllsc

Congrats to the Laker Hater for winning one...I have a few guys on the transfer list for cheap if you need any...one is Edmund Tillman, who is listed as my best player nearly every time he plays...

Thanks Rexy.. Look at it this way, I would love the Lakers if they were a part of the French, Russian or Iraqi Basketball Leagues, for what it's worth..

I'll check out the Transfer Wire, as I defintely need to do some shopping sometime soon..

Thanks and congrats to the EU's as well on their workmenlike performance this evening..
Old 04-02-2003, 07:05 PM   #124
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by dacman
Why are you people playing your best players against bots? Save them for the league matches!

Sadly, mine aren't that different

Plus training stamina 2 weeks in a row so i wanted to keep my starters form up.
The Afoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 07:06 PM   #125
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Brillig
Actually, no - the New Mexico Vikings are ranked #4 in VI.936, while you are #4 in V.225. Since you're in a higher division, you're the higher ranked team...

Oh, and the match report best/worst player is just based on the star rating, I think, not on actual performance...

Yeah, had just noticed that. For some reason I'd read it as a IV team.
Old 04-02-2003, 07:09 PM   #126
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by dacman

Dacman, in all honesty I had to have my best on the field today to have any shot at advancing past US Cup Round 1..

I do agree with you in principal (which principal/ple should you use here anyway?) though..

Last edited by MylesKnight : 04-02-2003 at 07:11 PM.
MylesKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 07:10 PM   #127
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

When is the draw for the next round?
Old 04-02-2003, 08:23 PM   #128
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Only a 4-0 victory, but I did have 86%/79% possession. Midfield still only came out to wretched though.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 04-02-2003 at 08:23 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 08:24 PM   #129
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I would before friday, change my training to playmaking...who knows you may just get a boost for 6!

I would not suggest that. You definitely won't get any training out of midfield since the team will be confused by the formation. (Expect a note from your club secretary on Friday.) I would give training stamina a chance since it doesn't need playing time to train. I don't know if the confusing formation will allow them to train it or not but it'll be worth a shot.

Quote:
I went with a 5-4-2, thinking I needed to concentrate on "D".. Thus far, I'm trailing in Time of Possession and am quite worried my stay in the US Cup won't last beyond this evening..

Hope the referee wasn't very good at math.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 08:27 PM   #130
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

Yeah, Yeah!! Damn Typos!!
Old 04-02-2003, 08:48 PM   #131
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

My possesion was 92%
Old 04-02-2003, 08:48 PM   #132
Vince
Pro Starter

Well, the Isla Vista Vandals have posted their first ever victory, beating bot team Miami Gurus 5-0. Bummer they only drew 4100 people

I second the question, when is the draw for the next round? Just curious to see who I'll face.

Here were my stats: ***
Midfield: Weak
Left Side Defense: Solid
Central Defense: Passable
Right Side Defense: Inadequate
Left Side Attack: Passable
Central Attack: Inadequate
Right Side Attack: Passable

***: Are these ratings at all influenced by the other team? That is, are my ratings higher than normal because I dominated a weak team, or are these a pretty good idea of how my team will play next round as well?

I ended up with 23.5 *'s, 5 guys with **^, 4 with ** and 2 with *^. I'm pretty pleased, but I think I'm going to end up buying another wing back (my two got ** and *^, making it easily my weakest position).

EDIT: My possession was 75% and 95% Yay two weeks of stamina training!!
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.

Last edited by Vince : 04-02-2003 at 09:07 PM.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 08:59 PM   #133
Easy Mac

Date:
4/3/2003 at 01:00
MatchID:
Arena:
California Lane
Crowd:

At California Lane, 3635 punters turned up, and despite threatening clouds at the horizon, no rain came._California had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation._The following players had been chosen: Saint-Martin - Smith, Alvarez, Kohler, Mcfarland - Wallace, Jordan, Abrams, Spruill - Goldman, Macias.
G-Vegas had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation._The following players had been chosen: Ledesma - James, Carrasco, Medina - Bonilla Mangas, Faure, Daníelsson, Orfila, Álvarez De Miran - Zavallos, Freijedo.
G-Vegas took the lead in the games 3rd minute with 0 - 1 after some elegant plays down the middle. Kristinn Daníelsson was the scorer._The away team´s Sebastián Zavallos took advantage of a mistake to the home side´s right in the 12th minute increasing G-Vegas´s lead to 0 - 2._The referee showed Californias Christopher Spruill the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge._In the games 15:th minute G-Vegas´s Alejandro Álvarez De Miranda D fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Alejandro Álvarez De Miranda D for taking a dive._G-Vegas appeared unsure on how to play._The home side attempted to get through in the middle and had a good chance of pulling one back as Edwin Macias tried lifting the ball over goalie Lucius Ledesma. Typically, the ball went just over the bar._A header from Alejandro Álvarez De Miranda D connected with a corner kick after 36 minutes, and the ball ended up with Joakín Orfila of G-Vegas who shot the 0-3 goal._The structure of the game started to change as G-Vegas decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone._The away team´s Andy Medina took advantage of a mistake to the home side´s right in the 42nd minute increasing G-Vegas´s lead to 0 - 4._The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 4._The fortyfive minutes were dominated by G-Vegas, with an impressive 56 percent possession of the ball.
The G-Vegas players spent the half-time break getting a rerun of the teams tactical organization._After 66 minutes of game time Sebastián Zavallos received an excellent opportunity to add to the visitors lead, clipping a volley hooked in from the right, but Gerald Saint-Martin was in the right place, tipping the ball to a corner._Leoncio Freijedo was, after 69 minutes, almost able to extend the visitors lead with a well placed diving header but home side keeper Gerald Saint-Martin saved._In the games 69:th minute California´s Richard Jordan fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Richard Jordan for taking a dive._G-Vegas seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion about the organization of the team._The fortyfive minutes were dominated by G-Vegas, with an impressive 63 percent possession of the ball.
The most dominating California player was without a doubt Gerald Saint-Martin._Wendell Alvarez was a disappointment, however._Most important G-Vegas player was John James._Francois Faure on the other hand, had a terrible day._The match ends 0 - 4._

Midfield: wretched
Central Defence: solid
Left Side Defence: solid
Central Attack: weak
Left Side Attack: weak
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 09:31 PM   #134
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Vince
[b]I second the question, when is the draw for the next round? Just curious to see who I'll face.

Should be there by now...

Quote:
***: Are these ratings at all influenced by the other team? That is, are my ratings higher than normal because I dominated a weak team, or are these a pretty good idea of how my team will play next round as well?

It's my understanding that your ratings are independant from the other team's opposition. These ratings were some very good ones. Total score with the NevStar Index (NSI) is 47 pts. I've been scoring 42 for the last 42 games by my "A" team... But now my form is a little down with my latest stamina training, so I might have been able to get a higher rating this week with a bit better form...

FrogMan
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 09:36 PM   #135
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I think I beat everyone in the thread: "Hippopotami took the lead in the games 1st minute with 0 - 1 after some elegant plays down the middle. Anders Jörgensson was the scorer."

Indiana Spartans - Houston Hippopotami 0 - 9, final

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 09:41 PM   #136
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

My second round draw is the Alaska Samuris. Another d6 bot team. Do we get prize money for every round we advance?
Old 04-02-2003, 09:41 PM   #137
Vince
Pro Starter

You guys check the scoring leaders? Some scrub from a crappy DV team scored 8 goals today. Sheesh.

Thanks for the info FrogMan, I'm pretty excited about the result. Not so excited about the going rate for Solid defenders, though
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 04-02-2003, 09:43 PM   #138
mckerney
Coordinator

Another computer team in round 2, Colorado Wizards from VI.472.

Here's the line on their 1 - 0 win in round 1

Colorado Wizards
Midfield: disastrous
Right Side Defence: inadequate
Central Defence: inadequate
Left Side Defence: poor
Right Side Attack: poor
Central Attack: poor
Left Side Attack: poor
Old 04-02-2003, 09:47 PM   #139
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
You guys check the scoring leaders? Some scrub from a crappy DV team scored 8 goals today. Sheesh.

Thanks for the info FrogMan, I'm pretty excited about the result. Not so excited about the going rate for Solid defenders, though

I was going to pay 40K for a passable denfer, but got outbided and I wasnt going any higher.
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 09:55 PM   #140
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

What did I tell ya? I've got a tough matchup in Round 2, that I actually will be hosting..

The Inaugural Match at The Paladium of Ponte Vedra Beach, Wednesday, April 9th, 6:00pm est - Brought to you by, TED'S OF BEVERLY HILLS STEAKHOUSE.

The Proletarian Dictators (#5, V.83) vs. THE FIRST COAST CONQUISTADORS (#8, V.114)

The Road to Round #2:

Prolertarian Dictators 8, at Florida Kickers (#4, VI.87) 2
FIRST COAST CONQUISTADORS 2, at Tennessee Conquerors (#3, VI.737) 1

Good Luck to Me!!! I've got a feeling I'll need quite a bit..

Last edited by MylesKnight : 04-02-2003 at 09:59 PM.
MylesKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 09:59 PM   #141
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldenEagle
I was going to pay 40K for a passable denfer, but got outbided and I wasnt going any higher.

40k is a lot for a passable defender...I am training Defenders and I was able to pick up 5 passable defenders (all 19 or younger now) for anywhere from $12k - $25k....I did spend $32k on one guy, and just last week he popped to solid defending...these players were bought at the end of last season and the prices might have risen a little since then...but you should be able to find some guys for less than 40.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 10:00 PM   #142
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

MK, if a bot team scored on them twice, then they probably dont have a very good defense or keeper.
Old 04-02-2003, 10:04 PM   #143
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Well, along with my 1st minute goal, my "all out" coach pulled back at 2-0 only 23 mins in. Oh, and we still got 9 goals, 7 in the last 70 minutes with us pulled back.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 10:05 PM   #144
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

..Thanks for the gesture G.E., but keep in mind, my squad came thisclose to giving up 2 Goals as well..

Also, even if the PD's lack a bit of talent at the Defensive end, they seem to more than make up for it on the Offensive side of the ball.

Well, at least I can say this... All we've got to do to win the US Cup is take care of business at Home.. No more road games for this bunch.. You want to beat us, you've got to do it at The Paladium... Good Luck!
Old 04-02-2003, 10:13 PM   #145
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

A couple of quick questions....

How do I post a press release in my league?

And if the bottom two teams in the league are relegated, then are there teams who are automatically promoted?
Old 04-02-2003, 10:16 PM   #146
Vince
Pro Starter

GoldenEagle:

1) You have to be a Supporter, once you are, go to your team and click the drop down menu on the upper right. Scroll down on the menu a little, and you can do anything from change your team kit colors (uniforms) to make press releases.

2) Yes, about half the teams that win their leagues (well, exactly half) get automatically promoted to the next higher division.
Old 04-02-2003, 10:16 PM   #147
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldenEagle
A couple of quick questions....

How do I post a press release in my league?

And if the bottom two teams in the league are relegated, then are there teams who are automatically promoted?

To post a press release you need to have supporter, if you do then in the upper right hand corner on your team page there is a drop down menu where you can select players...coach...matches...all that stuff and at the bottom of the list it is 'change press announcement' that is where you go to add a press release...

I am not positive how relegation works...but yes some teams are automatically promoted...while some will have to play a qualification game to get promoted.
Old 04-02-2003, 10:23 PM   #148
Vince
Pro Starter

As an adendum, the bottom two teams of each league are AUTOMATICALLY relegated, the 5 & 6 teams have to play a match to remain in their respective divisions.
Old 04-02-2003, 10:26 PM   #149
lytic
College Benchwarmer

SouthPark Cows win 6-0

Midfield: weak
Central Defence: excellent
Left Side Defence: formidable
Right Side Attack: excellent
Central Attack: solid
Left Side Attack: solid

31*s

Can anyone touch that yet?
Hattrick Moderator (since Season 22)
Evil Gargs' Hater (since Season 18)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--
My Pro Soccer Story
lytic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 10:35 PM   #150
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

After another dissapointing game by one of my mid-fielders I thought it was time to go and try to find someone to replace him....this is who I got....

Ishudhi Kumar (7939428)
32 years, inadequate form, healthy

A pleasant guy who is temperamental and honest.
Has inadequate experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Nationality: Malaysia
Assessed value: 27 000 US$
Wage: 740 US$/week
Owner: Type R FC
Warnings: 0

Stamina: passable Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: passable Passing: inadequate
Winger: poor Defending: wretched
Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: passable

He is passable Stamina, Playmaking, Set Pieces...and inadaquate passing....He is also now the highest experienced player and would make a good captain for my team....I payed $3k for him, is that a pretty good deal? I Know he is really old and will probably lose some skill after this season, but if i get 1 decent season out of him it will be money well spent....So opinions...was he worth it?

Also- The previous owner played him as a wingback...so his best preformance so far is a 1/2 star...but he is a horrid wingbacker....